ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Pre-Training Camp Final 53 Man Roster Projection (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300709)

pugsnotdrugs19 07-04-2016 10:03 AM

Pre-Training Camp Final 53 Man Roster Projection

Chiefs talk is completely dead right now, so knowing what we know from OTAs and with preseason right around the corner, I'm going to take another stab at the 53 that I think we will see barring injury or unforeseen circumstances.. starters are in bold. Everything is in depth chart order IMO.

QB: Alex Smith, Aaron Murray, Kevin Hogan. *I think Hogan could take the backup job by season's end.

HB: Jamaal Charles, Charcandrick West, Spencer Ware

FB: Anthony Sherman

WR: Jeremy Maclin, Chris Conley, Albert Wilson, Rod Streater, Tyreek Hill, DeMarcus Robinson

TE: Travis Kelce, Demetrius Harris, James O'Shaughnessy

LT: Eric Fisher, Jah Reid

LG: Parker Ehinger, Jarrod Pughsley

C: Mitch Morse, Zach Fulton

RG: LDT

RT: Mitchell Schwartz

--

DE: Allen Bailey, Jaye Howard, Chris Jones, Nick Williams, Rakeem Nunez-Roches

NT: Dontari Poe

OLB: Justin Houston (sometime in the first month of the season), Tamba Hali, Dee Ford, Frank Zombo, Dadi Nicolas

ILB: Derrick Johnson, Justin March, Ramik Wilson, DJ Alexander

CB: Marcus Peters, Phillip Gaines, Steven Nelson, KeiVarae Russell, DJ White

FS: Eric Berry, Stevie Brown, Marcus Cooper

SS: Ron Parker, Eric Murray, Daniel Sorenson

K: Cairo Santos

P: Dustin Colquitt

LS: Who cares EDIT: Probably Winchester, but he blew last season.

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 10:05 AM

LS ? Who cares ? Really ? Tell that to Coughlin and the Giants a few years back.

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 10:07 AM

LS will be Winchester

pugsnotdrugs19 07-04-2016 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12300821)
LS ? Who cares ? Really ? Tell that to Coughlin and the Giants a few years back.

I didn't say the position wasn't important, I said who gives a damn who does it.

As long as they can do the job, it's still a position that fans don't even know the name of the opposing snapper almost every game. Winchester is going to have to step up his game to win the job, cause last year he pretty well sucked.

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 10:09 AM

Williams will be on the WR corp and Wilson better not be. Wilson soooooo overrated and when he didn't lay out for that one pass said it all for me. Williams will be the surprise FA acquisition for us this year for sure IMHO. He will be our No.2 if not 1b WR by the latter part of the season.

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12300825)
I didn't say the position wasn't important, I said who gives a damn who does it.

As long as they can do the job, it's still a position that fans don't even know the name of the opposing snapper almost every game. Winchester is going to have to step up his game to win the job, cause last year he pretty well sucked.

When did Winchester really screw up ? I don't get to see all Chiefs games.

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 10:18 AM

If Williams produces like I know he can and Streater graduates his game to the next level, and the explosive Hill at the slot position, the combination of Mac,Will,Streater and Hill with Conley making some serious contributions as well, will be a lot of fun to watch in the WC offense especially with a top ten o-line with a very deadly run game with fresh legs at all times. Yes, fellas ! As Andy said, It's Time !! We are poised for greatness this year !!

Bowser 07-04-2016 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12300827)
Williams will be on the WR corp and Wilson better not be. Wilson soooooo overrated and when he didn't lay out for that one pass said it all for me. Williams will be the surprise FA acquisition for us this year for sure IMHO. He will be our No.2 if not 1b WR by the latter part of the season.

I was coming in here to post this. I think the surprise cut this year will be Wilson, but that hinges on if Mike Williams can bounce back and be productive. Wilson's grasp on his spot isn't a lock - he produced 35 rec. for 451 yds and 2 TD's, numbers that should be much higher for a true #2.

Maclin
Streater
Hill
Williams
Conley
Robinson

O.city 07-04-2016 10:35 AM

The chiefs #2 wr is gonna be 4th or 5th in line for receptions behind maclin, kelce, the rbs. I don't think they'll ever have a #2 put up big #s

Bowser 07-04-2016 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12300900)
The chiefs #2 wr is gonna be 4th or 5th in line for receptions behind maclin, kelce, the rbs. I don't think they'll ever have a #2 put up big #s

We can argue over the definition of "big", but I just think they need more from the guy across from Maclin. You're right, Kelce, Jamaal, and the other RB's will pull down their receptions, but there is no reason not to expect 5-600 yards and 4-6 TD's from the other receiver spot. If they can find a guy that can do that, then watch out for this offense.

O.city 07-04-2016 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12300918)
We can argue over the definition of "big", but I just think they need more from the guy across from Maclin. You're right, Kelce, Jamaal, and the other RB's will pull down their receptions, but there is no reason not to expect 5-600 yards and 4-6 TD's from the other receiver spot. If they can find a guy that can do that, then watch out for this offense.

In his 2nd year as an udfa, Wilson did essentially that.

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12300872)
I think the surprise cut this year will be Wilson,

and DAT..... I agree whole heartedly with you. It won't be a surprise for you and me and some others on this board for sure.

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 10:54 AM

DAT is just too soft IMHO.

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12300900)

I get your point and it is a fair point BUT Wilson had a very difficult time getting separation IMHO and if Williams comes back and Streater takes the next step watch how their body size alone with good route running will get them separation in a heartbeat and will get far more throws to them. Just saying.

RealSNR 07-04-2016 11:06 AM

Justin Houston isn't on PUP, so there's no need to leave him off the roster.

Also, he's going to play Week 1.

Also, your roster sucks.

Also, so do you.

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12300974)

How do you know this ?

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 11:15 AM

Give us your roster RealSNR.

milkman 07-04-2016 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12300846)
If Williams produces like I know he can and Streater graduates his game to the next level, and the explosive Hill at the slot position, the combination of Mac,Will,Streater and Hill with Conley making some serious contributions as well, will be a lot of fun to watch in the WC offense especially with a top ten o-line with a very deadly run game with fresh legs at all times. Yes, fellas ! As Andy said, It's Time !! We are poised for greatness this year !!

Mike Williams is not a fit for Alex Smith, unless Smith suddenly starts "throwing receivers open".

I think it highly unlikely he makes the final 53.

RealSNR 07-04-2016 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12300985)
How do you know this ?

Because he's already ahead of schedule on a procedure that's a lot safer and controlled than repairing a torn ACL.

We just saw a 32-year old LB with a ton of mileage on him recover from a torn achilles in one offseason.

We just saw a dude recover from ****ing cancer and months of chemotherapy in one offseason and play the best football he has in his entire career.

A couple years ago we saw the league's most electric running backs recover from ACL tears in one offseason and light the world on fire.

If you want to hemm and haw and go "BUT WE DON'T KNOOOOOOW IF HOUSTON CAN RECOVER THAT QUICKLY OR IF HE WILL AT ALL" then be my guest. It's the same bullshit as, "I DON'T KNOW IF MARCUS PETERS IS MATURE ENOUGH TO PLAY IN THE NFL."

He'll play Week 1.

milkman 07-04-2016 11:19 AM

I think Knile Davis is cut or traded prior to the start of the season, and if the Chiefs keep 4 backs, Darrin Reeves takes that spot.

Bowser 07-04-2016 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12300997)
I think Knile Davis is cut or traded prior to the start of the season, and if the Chiefs keep 4 backs, Darrin Reeves takes that spot.

I'd be fine with that. Reaves has potential, especially in this offense.

Davis isn't chopped liver, but he'll never get his shot here. Davis would be a great fit with a team like the Panthers.

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12300993)
Mike Williams is not a fit for Alex Smith, unless Smith suddenly starts "throwing receivers open".

I think it highly unlikely he makes the final 53.

Apparently Dorsey/Reid would disagree with you otherwise they wouldn't have taken a chance on him. Which also is somewhat of a tell on Reid's part in opening up his playbook a little more this year as well with a potential better o-line for Smith to actually up his game in throwing receivers open as you say. Just saying.

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12300997)

Agreed.

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12301000)

Davis isn't chopped liver, but he'll never get his shot here. Davis would be a great fit with a team like the Panthers.

Right on !:thumb:

DaneMcCloud 07-04-2016 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12301000)

Reaves was the best back in preseason last year. I was shocked that West and Ware where brought up from the PS before him and I'm excited to see him this year.

Davis has minimal value due to the new kickoff return rule and his ever present fumbling issue.

DaneMcCloud 07-04-2016 11:32 AM

Mike Williams has a massive uphill battle to take a roster spot.

The Chiefs have nothing invested in him (Vet Min contract), he hasn't played since 2014, he missed all 13 offseason practices due to injury and they drafted two receivers in addition to signing Streater.

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12301017)

The Chiefs have nothing invested in him (Vet Min contract), he hasn't played since 2014, he missed all 13 offseason practices due to injury and they drafted two receivers in addition to signing Streater.

and Williams is that good and why D/R took the chance. Just watch.

DaneMcCloud 07-04-2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12301021)

He's a 28 year mental case with a last chance to earn a payday.

He can't make the club if he's always in the tub.

Bowser 07-04-2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12301017)

He's the ultimate risk/reward signing. Nothing invested, but could pay huge dividends. Honestly, I'll be surprised if he makes the squad, but as I pointed out earlier, who he's going up against to make it aren't exactly cast iron all-world producers. If, a big IF, he can bounce back and show that explosiveness he had when he was young, he should be able to find work here.

Eleazar 07-04-2016 11:42 AM

Fisher and Reid are terrible, cut them!

milkman 07-04-2016 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12301021)

They took a chance because he costs nothing when he gets cut prior to the season.

DaneMcCloud 07-04-2016 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12301024)
He's the ultimate risk/reward signing. Nothing invested, but could pay huge dividends. Honestly, I'll be surprised if he makes the squad, but as I pointed out earlier, who he's going up against to make it aren't exactly cast iron all-world producers. If, a big IF, he can bounce back and show that explosiveness he had when he was young, he should be able to find work here.

Don't get me wrong, he certainly has enough talent to make the Chiefs roster but he has a major uphill battle due to rust, injury and mental issues. He's battled hamstring issues since 2013 and was released by two bad teams after signing a $40 million dollar deal with Tampa.

He was suspended by Syracuse in college and by the NFL for the first six games of the 2015 season.

It would be great to see him return to his 2010 form but that's not likely, IMO.

milkman 07-04-2016 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by assman (Post 12301030)
Fisher and Reid are terrible, cut them!

Oh, look.

A brand new dumbass.

pugsnotdrugs19 07-04-2016 12:49 PM

Quote:

Justin Houston isn't on PUP, so there's no need to leave him off the roster.

Also, your roster sucks.

Also, so do you.

He might be 'ready' to go week 1. I hope like hell that he is, he is our best player after all.

But I really don't see a team that has already proven to be cautious with most all injuries, taking another big risk on their 101 million dollar investment when they messed it up last year already with him.

I'd love to see your roster if mine sucks so bad, cause it's basically straight off of what people have heard out of OTAs.

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12300994)
Because he's already ahead of schedule on a procedure that's a lot safer and controlled than repairing a torn ACL.

We just saw a 32-year old LB with a ton of mileage on him recover from a torn achilles in one offseason.

We just saw a dude recover from ****ing cancer and months of chemotherapy in one offseason and play the best football he has in his entire career.

A couple years ago we saw the league's most electric running backs recover from ACL tears in one offseason and light the world on fire.

If you want to hemm and haw and go "BUT WE DON'T KNOOOOOOW IF HOUSTON CAN RECOVER THAT QUICKLY OR IF HE WILL AT ALL" then be my guest. It's the same bullshit as, "I DON'T KNOW IF MARCUS PETERS IS MATURE ENOUGH TO PLAY IN THE NFL."

He'll play Week 1.

We will agree to disagree on Houston. I get your excitement to see Houston play week 1 and parallel that with my enthusiasm to not only see Williams make the squad but actually be a serious contributor by mid to late season.

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12301101)
But I really don't see a team that has already proven to be cautious with most all injuries, taking another big risk on their 101 million dollar investment when they messed it up last year already with him.

This a million times.

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12301034)
They took a chance because he costs nothing when he gets cut prior to the season.

You don't waste time signing someone if they don't fit your system because that takes time and snaps away from someone else that does. Costing nothing is just a silver lining if Williams gets it turned around.

I get the uphill battle thing but I think this kid makes it. And it is fair to call me a homer for this kid because I really like his play when he is on. He is flat out a "playmaking baller".

Lightrise 07-04-2016 05:02 PM

I don't think much of this roster prediction really. I'd rather keep Bray and cut Murray, but be open to move Hogan for a promising guard, packaged with perhaps DAT or Davis. I would keep Davis if there is no deal specifically for kick returns. Cut Mauga regardless of when Houston returns. I'm concerned about Wilson. I don't like how he gives up on plays. I've studied tape of Robinson, this guy is super talented. It's a classic Dorsey pick, reminding me of Green Bay's Donald Driver. I expect to see quite a bit of him in the second half of the season, particularly in any blow-out ballgames. This one is going to be a star (hope the ugly past is history). Safety may be interesting here, can see moving on from Sorenson and keeping Fleming. Wouldn't surprise me to see Nunez-R gone. I agree, Pughsley makes the team though.

RunKC 07-04-2016 05:48 PM

I think Aaron Murray is gone. Kevin Hogan will surprise and Might just beat Tyler Bray for the backup job.

Also think Tyreek Hill will see more action than Rod Streater. Judging by OTA's, Andy will use him a lot.

Baby Lee 07-04-2016 06:00 PM

CS asks

Quote:

Justin Houston is going to play Week 1.

Quote:

How do you know this ?

Not

Quote:

your roster sucks.

Also, so do you.

Quote:

How do you know this ?

;)

Rain Man 07-04-2016 08:59 PM

I'd like to see Reaves continue growing from last preseason, and if he does Knile may be in danger.

Eleazar 07-04-2016 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12301038)
Oh, look.

A brand new dumbass.

What are you then, an elderly dumbass? They suck but you are the biggest cock gobbler of the three!

stumppy 07-04-2016 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by assman (Post 12301649)
What are you then, an elderly dumbass? They suck but you are the biggest cock gobbler of the three!

Soooooooo, your earlier post about Reid and Dorsey wasn't sarcasm ???

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12301428)
CS asks

Not

;)

ROFL

Eleazar 07-04-2016 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 12301653)
Soooooooo, your earlier post about Reid and Dorsey wasn't sarcasm ???

I was talking about Reid and Fisher! Wasted pick and limp dick!

stumppy 07-04-2016 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by assman (Post 12301655)
I was talking about Reid and Fisher! Wasted pick and limp dick!

DOH !

milkman 07-05-2016 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by assman (Post 12301649)

No, it makes me the first to point out the new dumbass, though it appears you are not new at all.

Eleazar 07-05-2016 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12301703)
No, it makes me the first to point out the new dumbass, though it appears you are not new at all.

Nobody cares about your opinion shitlord!

LoneWolf 07-05-2016 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by assman (Post 12301710)
Nobody cares about your opinion shitlord!

Oh look, Inmem is back.

RealSNR 07-05-2016 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12301101)
He might be 'ready' to go week 1. I hope like hell that he is, he is our best player after all.

I'd love to see your roster if mine sucks so bad, cause it's basically straight off of what people have heard out of OTAs.

The point is that Justin Houston is not on PUP. And with the progress he's making, he won't go on PUP at the end of preseason. If he did, that would require him to miss almost half the season if the team put him on that designation, and I think we can all agree that even if the team is cautious, he'll be healthy enough to being playing by Week 4 or so.

If you agree that the team won't put him on PUP, you have to keep him on the roster, even if you think he won't start Week 1.

RealSNR 07-05-2016 04:28 PM

As for my roster prediction, there are always a few guys who we think should make the final 53 but don't. I have no ****ing clue who they are at the moment, because offseason injuries are often a huge determining factor in those spots. I threw in a few surprises where I could, though.

Ya'll better watch Terrance Smith hard. I'm really thinking he'll make the 53-man roster, bypassing the practice squad year completely.

QB: Alex Smith, Aaron Murray, Kevin Hogan

HB: Jamaal Charles, Charcandrick West, Spencer Ware, Darrin Reaves

WR: Jeremy Maclin, Chris Conley, Albert Wilson, DeMarcus Robinson, Random Guy (Da'Ron Brown possibly or some other dude who's not Streater or Mike Williams), Tyreek Hill

TE: Travis Kelce, Demetrius Harris, James O'Shaughnessy, probably Brian Parker or another dude like that.

LT: Eric Fisher, Jah Reid

C: Mitch Morse, Zach Fulton

RT: Mitchell Schwartz

--

DE: Allen Bailey, Jaye Howard, Chris Jones, Nick Williams

NT: Dontari Poe, Alameda Ta'amu

OLB: Justin Houston, Dee Ford, Tamba Hali, Frank Zombo/Dezman Moses, Dadi Nicolas

ILB: Derrick Johnson, Justin March, Ramik Wilson, Terrance Smith

CB: Marcus Peters, Phillip Gaines, Steven Nelson, KeiVarae Russell

FS: Eric Berry, Jamell Fleming

SS: Ron Parker, Eric Murray, Daniel Sorenson

LS: Who cares

O.city 07-05-2016 05:57 PM

So no Streater snr?

RealSNR 07-05-2016 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12301962)
So no Streater snr?

He's my surprise cut.

I have no basis upon which to make that prediction, other than I can't really point to anything strong of his that he brings to this team. He's not even an old dicksucker from Andy Reid's past like was the case with Avant.

His best season was 2+ years ago. It's been injuries and bench time since then, and on a freakin terrible Oakland team, too. At least Donnie Avery put up better stuff with the Colts before we signed him.

I just don't get where or how he's supposed to fit in when we're trying to transition in Demarcus Robinson plus the top 3 from last year. If Streater is your 5th WR, you're better off cutting him, particularly since he's not a veteran who has any kind of notable career from his past to say that he can be of good value to the team.

staylor26 07-05-2016 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12302025)
He's my surprise cut.

I have no basis upon which to make that prediction, other than I can't really point to anything strong of his that he brings to this team. He's not even an old dicksucker from Andy Reid's past like was the case with Avant.

His best season was 2+ years ago. It's been injuries and bench time since then, and on a freakin terrible Oakland team, too. At least Donnie Avery put up better stuff with the Colts before we signed him.

I just don't get where or how he's supposed to fit in when we're trying to transition in Demarcus Robinson plus the top 3 from last year. If Streater is your 5th WR, you're better off cutting him, particularly since he's not a veteran who has any kind of notable career from his past to say that he can be of good value to the team.

By all accounts he's a fantastic locker room guy who's teammates in Oakland loved, and he's been more productive in the league than anybody outside of Maclin. I just don't see him getting cut.

RealSNR 07-05-2016 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12302032)
By all accounts he's a fantastic locker room guy who's teammates in Oakland loved, and he's been more productive in the league than anybody outside of Maclin. I just don't see him getting cut.

That's nice and all, but he's going to have to be better than he was the past two seasons.

If those numbers are at all indicative of his true performance ability or level, he deserves to be cut. Plain and simple.

Chiefshrink 07-05-2016 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12302046)
That's nice and all, but he's going to have to be better than he was the past two seasons.

If those numbers are at all indicative of his true performance ability or level, he deserves to be cut. Plain and simple.

So is your boy Wilson:rolleyes:

raybec 4 07-05-2016 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12302025)
He's my surprise cut.

I'm surprised DJ Alexander didn't make your roster

milkman 07-05-2016 07:07 PM

There will not be 4 TEs on the roster.

RealSNR 07-05-2016 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12302060)
So is your boy Wilson:rolleyes:

Albert Wilson?

Since when is he my boy?

staylor26 07-05-2016 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12302046)

Can't say I disagree with that.

RunKC 07-05-2016 09:51 PM

Hill will be the #4 weapon behind Maclin, Kelce and Jamaal IMO. It's no secret we wanted Brandin Cook 2 years ago, probably bc he had the same skillset DeSean Jackson had. Now they get the same kinda player but built to stay on the field.

I think you'll see Hill play not only the role DAT played, but he's going to get some slot routes mixed in.

They didn't draft this guy with this big of a risk to just play ST's and be a decoy. They've already used the guy at WR a lot in minicamp.

stumppy 07-06-2016 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12302396)
Hill will be the #4 weapon behind Maclin, Kelce and Jamaal IMO. It's no secret we wanted Brandin Cook 2 years ago, probably bc he had the same skillset DeSean Jackson had. Now they get the same kinda player but built to stay on the field.

I think you'll see Hill play not only the role DAT played, but he's going to get some slot routes mixed in.

They didn't draft this guy with this big of a risk to just play ST's and be a decoy. They've already used the guy at WR a lot in minicamp.

Thats what I've been thinking. It sounds like if they can get the ball in his hands we'll see some exciting plays.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-06-2016 11:03 AM

So who will be returning KO's if we cut Davis ?

staylor26 07-06-2016 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12302959)
So who will be returning KO's if we cut Davis ?

Probably Hill.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-06-2016 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12302972)
Probably Hill.

When Hill gets hurt who will be returning Kicks ?

LoneWolf 07-06-2016 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12302991)
When Hill gets hurt who will be returning Kicks ?

Hill is built like a brick shit house. He's not frail like DAT and McCluster. He really packs a punch when he runs with the ball. ;)

Rain Man 07-06-2016 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12302067)
I'm surprised DJ Alexander didn't make your roster

He was great on special teams last year. I'm a big Alexander fan on kick coverage.

DaneMcCloud 07-06-2016 03:31 PM

Offense:

QB:
Alex Smith, Aaron Murray, Kevin Hogan

RB: Jamaal Charles, Charcandrick West, Spencer Ware

WR: Jeremey Maclin, Chris Conley, Rod Streater, Tyreek Hill, Albert Wilson, Demarcus Robinson

TE: Travis Kelce, Demetrius Harris, James O'Shaugnessy

LT: Eric Fisher

Center: Mitch Morse, Zach Fulton (Center/Guard)

RT: Mitchell Schwartz, Jah Reid (Swing Tackle)

Defense:

OLB: Justin Houston, Tamba Hali, Dee Ford, Frank Zombo, Dezmon Moses, Dadi Nicolas

CB: Marcus Peters, Phillip Gaines, Steve Nelson, KeiVarae Russell, DJ White

SS: Ron Parker, Daniel Sorenson, Eric Murray

LS: James Winchester

Chiefshrink 07-06-2016 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 12303060)
Hill is built like a brick shit house. He's not frail like DAT and McCluster. He really packs a punch when he runs with the ball. ;)

You got that right !! He will definitely be breaking tackles and staying on the field.

Chiefshrink 07-06-2016 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12303330)
Offense:

QB:

WR: Jeremey Maclin, Chris Conley, Rod Streater, Tyreek Hill, Albert Wilson, Demarcus Robinson

Defense:

OLB: Justin Houston, Tamba Hali, Dee Ford, Frank Zombo, Dezmon Moses, Dadi Nicolas

I like all your roster except we will agree to disagree on Williams. Wilson gets cut and Williams pulls a rabbit out of the hat.;)

RealSNR 07-06-2016 05:03 PM

Chiefshrink, did Albert Wilson rape your dog or something?

I'm not saying you have to like him, but you seem pretty aggressive towards him getting cut when the Chiefs don't really have anybody that has absolutely ripped the job of #3 WR away from him at this point in the offseason.

Yes, Streater had a good season three years ago and Mike Williams was doing great stuff for the Bucs for awhile. Both of them been utter dogshit the past two years. And no, I don't mean underwhelming or disappointing. I mean dogshit. Absent. Worthless.

Wilson is much younger than both guys and has improved from his rookie year to now. He's a limited player who will likely never be a starting-calibre receiver, but given the respective career trajectories, it makes all the sense in the world that he's going to stick around over either player.

If you have some kind of inside info on Wilson, please share it with us, because if it's just the usual, "Herp, he doesn't dive for catches derp" then I'm going to ignore everything you say about him.

Meatloaf 07-06-2016 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12303447)
I like all your roster except we will agree to disagree on Williams. Wilson gets cut and Williams pulls a rabbit out of the hat.;)

Shrink, I don't see any way that Wilson gets cut. Heck, it could be argued that he was the second best receiver on the squad last year. I kinda doubt that we magically found 4 guys better than Wilson in the off season. Of course, it'd be nice if we did as that would bode well for the squad.

Another guy most are saying will make the team is Dadi Nicolas. Again,it'd be nice, but this guy is gonna be very raw for the position. At this point, I'd have him as a practice squad guy.

Lastly, I'm unsure about Murray, Bray and Hogan as backups. One will probably go to practice squad -- just don't know which one. They must like something about Bray, and word is that Hogan's picked things up quickly, so I'm gonna guess that Murray will get moved and it'll be Alex, Bray and Hogan.

Dane, I think you did a good job with your 53 -- you only missed on three!!! :D

DaneMcCloud 07-06-2016 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 12303461)
Shrink, I don't see any way that Wilson gets cut. Heck, it could be argued that he was the second best receiver on the squad last year. I kinda doubt that we magically found 4 guys better than Wilson in the off season. Of course, it'd be nice if we did as that would bode well for the squad.

Another guy most are saying will make the team is Dadi Nicolas. Again,it'd be nice, but this guy is gonna be very raw for the position. At this point, I'd have him as a practice squad guy.

Lastly, I'm unsure about Murray, Bray and Hogan as backups. One will probably go to practice squad -- just don't know which one. They must like something about Bray, and word is that Hogan's picked things up quickly, so I'm gonna guess that Murray will get moved and it'll be Alex, Bray and Hogan.

Dane, I think you did a good job with your 53 -- you only missed on three!!! :D

The Chiefs aren't likely to cut Nicolas if Houston is unavailable for Week One. Considering this is a "Pre Camp" roster, I don't expect Houston to be available.

Bray is on his final chance. The Chiefs have more invested in Murray and Hogan so unless Murray just shits the bed (which I don't expect), Bray is a goner. Murray isn't eligible for the Practice Squad and if Hogan is as advertised, sneaking him through waivers isn't an option.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-06-2016 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 12303060)

My bad. I was thinking he was pencil thin and weighed in at like 170

Meatloaf 07-06-2016 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12303470)
The Chiefs aren't likely to cut Nicolas if Houston is unavailable for Week One. Considering this is a "Pre Camp" roster, I don't expect Houston to be available.

Bray is on his final chance. The Chiefs have more invested in Murray and Hogan so unless Murray just shits the bed (which I don't expect), Bray is a goner. Murray isn't eligible for the Practice Squad and if Hogan is as advertised, sneaking him through waivers isn't an option.

Yeah, I get you regarding Nicolas, but gosh he's gonna be raw as can be....plus, he's not all that big either. Oh well, most of the great minds on CP think he'll make it. So be it.

Personally, I don't get the love for Bray, but the fact that the Chiefs extended him has got to say something. I think size really works against Murray, but the guy put up some terrific college stats. Again, I think they'll keep Bray, but just because of size, arm and "potential".....I like Hogan....a lot. I think we got a steal with this guy.

DaneMcCloud 07-06-2016 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 12303478)
Yeah, I get you regarding Nicolas, but gosh he's gonna be raw as can be....plus, he's not all that big either. Oh well, most of the great minds on CP think he'll make it. So be it.

Simply put, if Houston is fully healthy and ready Week 1, Nicolas is on the PS. If he's not, Nicolas is on the 53.

Quote:

Personally, I don't get the love for Bray, but the fact that the Chiefs extended him has got to say something.

It "says" nothing.

He was given a Vet Minimum extension of 2 years with zero guaranteed money. No workout bonus, no roster bonus - nothing. They can cut him tomorrow and he'd be history. Outside of Mr. Tomahawk, no one would shed a tear.

Quote:

I think size really works against Murray, but the guy put up some terrific college stats. Again, I think they'll keep Bray, but just because of size, arm and "potential".....I like Hogan....a lot. I think we got a steal with this guy.

Murray is 6'1. Size isn't not an issue and if it was, Dorsey wouldn't have selected him in 2014. He's the SEC's All Time leading passer, is very accurate and according to Terez Paylor, his arm was noticeably stronger in OTA's and minicamps (likely due to being 2 years removed from an ACL tear and NFL coaching, nutrition and training).

I really don't give a hoot if it's Murray or Bray but I believe, at this point in time, Murray gets the nod.

Nothing is set in stone this early.

rico 07-06-2016 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12302103)
Albert Wilson?

Since when is he my boy?

Albert Wilson...Terrance Copper...what's the difference?!?!?!;)

SAUTO 07-06-2016 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12303330)
Offense:

QB:

Defense:

I'm a little surprised by your running backs, what happens to Reaves?

rico 07-06-2016 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12303526)

Also, I could see Ware being the #2 guy...he was such a wrecking ball last year.

DaneMcCloud 07-06-2016 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12303526)

I had three different dilemma's: Wide Receiver, OLB and running back.

If Houston's available Week One, I'd have Reaves on my roster and Nicolas on the Practice Squad.

If Streater fails to impress, I'd remove him and add Reaves.

My gut feeling is that knowing Andy Reid and his propensity to pass, he'd want six receivers and four running backs (including Sherman) as opposed to five WR's and five running backs.

Long term, I think Reaves probably has more value to the Chiefs than Streater, so I'll be keeping a close eye on that situation.

The other option was to keep Reaves and Streater while putting Nicolas and Robinson on the PS. But that's a tough call at this time, not having seen all four players in action yet this year and uncertainty at the OLB position.