ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ****The Parker Ehinger Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=299629)

Dante84 04-30-2016 10:30 AM

****The Parker Ehinger Thread****

With pick 105 in the 4th round.

Here's some game tape:

Spoiler!

kysirsoze 04-30-2016 10:32 AM

Ok... So why do we hate him?

Deberg_1990 04-30-2016 10:33 AM

We have our franchise RT!

milkman 04-30-2016 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 12207365)
We have our franchise RT!

Yes we do, and his name is Mitchell Schwartz.

Eleazar 04-30-2016 10:36 AM

Ehinger played both left and right tackle in college, as well as two years at guard

Eleazar 04-30-2016 10:37 AM

PLAYER OVERVIEW

Ehinger anchored the Cincinnati offensive line that allowed only 13 sacks all season and was first-team All-American Athletic Conference.
Ehinger was a three-star recruit in 2011 who redshirted his first season.

Ehinger was a FWAA Freshman All-America Team by the Football Writers Association of America the following season. He saw action in all 13 games for Cincinnati, with 11 starts at right tackle and one at right guard.

In 2014, he started and played every game at right guard. As a senior, Ehinger again started every game at left tackle, earning first team All-Conference honors.

STRENGTHS: Outstanding size, good feet and plays hard. Plays through the whistle on each and every down. Loads of experience and was basically a four-year starter, first at tackle and then sliding inside to guard.
Does a nice job in pass pro staying in front of defenders in the mirroring them and can steer defenders away from the action in the run game. Anticipates well and uses his forceful hands and body angles to cut off speed.

Gets off the ball well and shows pretty good athleticism and balance. Quick with his hands and plays with pretty solid technique.

WEAKNESSNESS: The transition from the spread to a pro-style attack could prove a challenge. Not overwhelming at the point of attack, though he wasn't asked to be that guy in the Bearcats' offense. His narrow base will push him inside at the next level and might keep him from being a starter.

IN OUR VIEW: Ehinger will have a chance to stick around in the NFL for a very long time. He has added value because of his versatility to play multiple positions along the offensive front, and could play spot duty at both tackle positions, though you wonder if he has enough athletic ability to handle the athleticism opposite him in the NFL. Ehinger should be a mid- to late-round pick and settle in at guard as an effective player at the next level.

--Jamie Newberg & Dane Brugler (1/18/16)

milkman 04-30-2016 10:39 AM

Competition for a guard spot, and a more versatile backup than Zach Fulton.

DaFace 04-30-2016 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 12207379)
Ehinger played both left and right tackle in college, as well as two years at guard

Sounds like a Dorsey kind of guy. Captain for four years too.

Red Dawg 04-30-2016 10:41 AM

He will play guard but if injuries pile up be can play tackle. This the type of versatility Dorsey picks.

Beef Supreme 04-30-2016 10:41 AM

Another lineman that can play more than one position. Never heard of him, but that doesn't surprise me at all in the 4th round with Dorsey picking.

Dante84 04-30-2016 10:48 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In case you didn&#39;t know who new <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> draft pick Parker Ehinger was, his stats from last year: <a href="https://t.co/hC4FEXj17l">pic.twitter.com/hC4FEXj17l</a></p>&mdash; Neil Hornsby (@PFF_Neil) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_Neil/status/726449885533376513">April 30, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DaneMcCloud 04-30-2016 10:49 AM

6'6, 310, nasty.

notorious 04-30-2016 10:50 AM

I'll be honest, this was a "who?" pick for me.

milkman 04-30-2016 10:51 AM

After Mitch Morse, I trust Dorsey's O-Line evaluation.

KChiefs1 04-30-2016 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12207418)
Sounds like a Dorsey kind of guy. Captain for four years too.

Typical Dorse pick.

RunKC 04-30-2016 10:54 AM

He needs to hit the weight room. Other than that he's pretty good. He's got some good technique.

KChiefs1 04-30-2016 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 12207452)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In case you didn&#39;t know who new <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash">#Chiefs</a> draft pick Parker Ehinger was, his stats from last year: <a href="https://t.co/hC4FEXj17l">pic.twitter.com/hC4FEXj17l</a></p>— Neil Hornsby (@PFF_Neil) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_Neil/status/726449885533376513">April 30, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Can someone decipher this for me?

tmax63 04-30-2016 10:55 AM

what Milkman said.

mdchiefsfan 04-30-2016 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 12207470)

Green good :D

CoMoChief 04-30-2016 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12207407)
Competition for a guard spot, and a more versatile backup than Scott Fulton.

Who is Scott Fulton ?

Red Dawg 04-30-2016 11:04 AM

Don't care if it's a reach. Dorsey knows better and he is earning our trust.

mdchiefsfan 04-30-2016 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 12207496)
Don't care if it's a reach. Dorsey knows better and he is earning our trust.

Reach is a very subjective term. I felt that way with Morse and was shut up by Dorsey's evaluation of him immediately.

milkman 04-30-2016 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 12207495)
Who is Scott Fulton ?

A senior moment entity.

Rausch 04-30-2016 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12207407)
Competition for a guard spot, and a more versatile backup than Zach Fulton.

This is what i wanted.

Competition to put both Fulton and Re-Tardiff in b/u roles...

staylor26 04-30-2016 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12207506)
A senior moment entity.

ROFL. I almost pissed myself when I read this.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-30-2016 11:14 AM

Quote:

Yeah, Linemen don't really have stats.

milkman 04-30-2016 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12207519)
This is what i wanted.

Competition to put both Fulton and Re-Tardiff in b/u roles...

I like it because it provides competition, but if LDT makes as big a jump this season as he did last season, he's your long term starter.

I also liked what I saw from Pughsley last preseason, and if he progresses, has a real shot to secure the other starter spot.

Whatever happens, though, we improve both the starters and the depth.

the Talking Can 04-30-2016 11:16 AM

sounds like he's going to need a year to get stronger, not that that's a surprise

DaneMcCloud 04-30-2016 11:19 AM

Ehinger started 51 games in his career at Cincinnati and showed some versatility. Started 23 games at RT, 15 at RG and 13 at LT.

mdchiefsfan 04-30-2016 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12207538)
Ehinger started 51 games in his career at Cincinnati and showed some versatility. Started 23 games at RT, 15 at RG and 13 at LT.

Standard Dorsey pick. I like it.

DaneMcCloud 04-30-2016 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12207654)
Standard Dorsey pick. I like it.

Big, smart, athletic, dependable offensive line.

He'll be a factor at left guard this season.

Hopefully, he locks it up early.

Coach 04-30-2016 11:43 AM

Quote:

Green = good

Red = bad

White = neutral.

So the more green/white than red, usually translates good/passable grade.

Red = Fail.

kccrow 04-30-2016 11:51 AM

Ehringer sucks a bag of dicks. ****ing shit pick.

MMXcalibur 04-30-2016 12:06 PM

Can never have enough O-line depth, and like milkman said: I trust Dorsey to make this pick after Morse's performance last season.

RealSNR 04-30-2016 12:58 PM

I'm confident we have enough competition now at interior OL.

Would like to see a swing tackle, since we have nobody behind Fisher or Schwartz. Especially Fisher. Stephenson sucked, but at least he had experience. Jah Reid can NOT play LT if Fisher gets hurt.

staylor26 04-30-2016 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12207872)
I'm confident we have enough competition now at interior OL.

Would like to see a swing tackle, since we have nobody behind Fisher or Schwartz. Especially Fisher. Stephenson sucked, but at least he had experience. Jah Reid can NOT play LT if Fisher gets hurt.

Apparently, he can be our swing tackle also.

Reid said Schwartz can play LT in a pinch too.

Mojo Jojo 04-30-2016 01:11 PM

This is an Andy pick...he wants as many OL as he can get then find a spot for them

smith11 04-30-2016 03:48 PM

im thinking jah reid is the starting left guard, ehringer a swing tackle

Pasta Little Brioni 04-30-2016 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12207701)
kccrow sucks a bag of dicks. ****ing shit poster

Yup

Direckshun 05-01-2016 01:42 AM

Alright, I've watched some tape on Ehinger (DUN DUN DUNNNNN), and I'm not terribly excited about him.

He's got good size, but needs some more sand in the pants.

He's more quick than he is fast, according to his 10 yard split and his 40 time.

The Bearcats virtually never asked him to pull out or to get into space. Every time he did, he looked a bit uncomfortable.

His biggest strength, clearly, is working well in tandem with his teammates. Absolutely critical in offensive line play. He played three different positions in four years, including anchoring the line at LT his senior year, where they allowed a fantastic 12 sacks on the year.

Very dependable, played 40+ games.

I don't see the nasty attitude. He seems workmanlike.

His kickslide is okay, he almost never gets beat on the edge. Not that this is going to matter since the Chiefs will likely slide him inside, but he does have tackle flexibility.

His passblocking is boring to watch, which is great. He's not overpowering, nor is he a special athlete. He's a technician who locks his guy down and plainly goes about his work. Never fooled by stunts. Eats up edge rushes, bullrushes go absolutely nowhere on him. But I'm only talking about DEs here, not DTs, since all his senior tape was at LT.

His biggest weakness, and this is going to be a significant problem, is runblocking. He is an extremely underwhelming runblocker. He is not an overpowering blocker, not a roadgrader, just tries to seal off his lane, which only works for him sporatically.

He gets little push, and is worthless cutting down on DTs, which could prove really vexing for him at guard.

Long story short: this guy is not unseating Jah Reid or Zach Fulton at LG in 2016, and is going to have to dramatically work on his runblocking if he ever hopes to start. He does seem to legitimately have tackle flexibility, as his 33" arms are on the short side but don't automatically disqualify him.

bsp4444 05-01-2016 01:55 PM

Wouldn't Christian Westerman have been the better pick to upgrade the guard position, or were they focusing on the versatility?

DaneMcCloud 05-01-2016 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12209780)
Alright, I've watched some tape on Ehinger (DUN DUN DUNNNNN), and I'm not terribly excited about him.

This just means that he'll be an All Pro

BryanBusby 05-01-2016 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsp4444 (Post 12210475)
Wouldn't Christian Westerman have been the better pick to upgrade the guard position, or were they focusing on the versatility?

The Chiefs already have a lot of versatility on the line. Sometimes you just need to pick the better player.

RunKC 05-01-2016 02:48 PM

Ehinger is one of the best technicians of the draft, so his average arm length and strength are being covered by hand placement, block angles and pad level.

He sounds a lot like Mitchell Schwartz, who is one of the best in the NFL at using his technique to win.

staylor26 05-01-2016 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12210576)
Ehinger is one of the best technicians of the draft, so his average arm length and strength are being covered by hand placement, block angles and pad level.

He sounds a lot like Mitchell Schwartz, who is one of the best in the NFL at using his technique to win.

You should go watch his 2014 game against VT at RG. I felt a lot better about the pick after I did that.

RunKC 05-01-2016 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12210580)
You should go watch his 2014 game against VT at RG. I felt a lot better about the pick after I did that.

Sure did man and for multiple reasons. You can see his technique is outstanding and his movement is pretty solid.

Don't know if you noticed, but my God does Dadi Nicolas look like a more aggressive Dee Ford with better pass rush moves.

staylor26 05-01-2016 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12210602)
Sure did man and for multiple reasons. You can see his technique is outstanding and his movement is pretty solid.

Don't know if you noticed, but my God does Dadi Nicolas look like a more aggressive Dee Ford with better pass rush moves.

I like the Nicholas pick. We held off on OLB till our last pick and got at the very least a 4th round talent at the position.

My favorite pick out of the day 3 picks (other than Murray who was one my personal favorites in the entire draft) was Robinson. That guys gets separation and he has incredible YAC ability, great combination. The fact that he was piss tested yearly and then monthly after his freshman year and never failed a test is a great signed he learned his lesson.

This catch was unreal:

http://youtu.be/N_QIieg0uZ4

saphojunkie 05-01-2016 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 12209780)

He's got good size, but needs some more sand in the pants.

He's more quick than he is fast, according to his 10 yard split and his 40 time.

The Bearcats virtually never asked him to pull out or to get into space. Every time he did, he looked a bit uncomfortable.

His biggest strength, clearly, is working well in tandem with his teammates. Absolutely critical in offensive line play. He played three different positions in four years, including anchoring the line at LT his senior year, where they allowed a fantastic 12 sacks on the year.

Very dependable, played 40+ games.

I don't see the nasty attitude. He seems workmanlike.

His kickslide is okay, he almost never gets beat on the edge. Not that this is going to matter since the Chiefs will likely slide him inside, but he does have tackle flexibility.

His passblocking is boring to watch, which is great. He's not overpowering, nor is he a special athlete. He's a technician who locks his guy down and plainly goes about his work. Never fooled by stunts. Eats up edge rushes, bullrushes go absolutely nowhere on him. But I'm only talking about DEs here, not DTs, since all his senior tape was at LT.

His biggest weakness, and this is going to be a significant problem, is runblocking. He is an extremely underwhelming runblocker. He is not an overpowering blocker, not a roadgrader, just tries to seal off his lane, which only works for him sporatically.

He gets little push, and is worthless cutting down on DTs, which could prove really vexing for him at guard.

Long story short: this guy is not unseating Jah Reid or Zach Fulton at LG in 2016, and is going to have to dramatically work on his runblocking if he ever hopes to start. He does seem to legitimately have tackle flexibility, as his 33" arms are on the short side but don't automatically disqualify him.

who gives a hot **** if a guard is fast? He NEEDS to be quick wtf

Bowser 05-01-2016 03:13 PM

Is there a chance that Ehinger will be our swing tackle this year? It really seems like that is what he is better suited for, especially considering his size.

And I'll just throw this out in here - is there any chance of Morse moving to left guard and Fulton taking over the center? I'm no expert, but our line play last year sure seemed to improve with Fulton snapping the ball. Add in the concussion threat to Morse banging heads with those giant d-tackles....

DaneMcCloud 05-01-2016 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12210627)
Is there a chance that Ehinger will be our swing tackle this year? It really seems like that is what he is better suited for, especially considering his size.

And I'll just throw this out in here - is there any chance of Morse moving to left guard and Fulton taking over the center? I'm no expert, but our line play last year sure seemed to improve with Fulton snapping the ball. Add in the concussion threat to Morse banging heads with those giant d-tackles....

IMO, the best offensive line for the 2016 season would be Fisher/Morse/Fulton/LDT/Schwartz.

But apparently, Reid and Dorsey disagree and have stated that Morse will remain at center.

That leaves a hole at left guard and I suspect that Ehinger will get the first crack at the starting job.

Fulton, Reid and Pughsley for depth.

RunKC 05-01-2016 03:33 PM

Fisher/Ehinger/Morse/LDT/Schwartz
Fulton/Reid as the backups

Looks really solid to me

Rain Man 05-01-2016 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 12210624)

Yeah, I think I'd be more concerned about a guard's 5-yard dash than his 40-yard dash.

DaneMcCloud 05-01-2016 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12210661)

Looks really solid to me

Pugsley and maybe Munyer should be added to that list.

I doubt they open the season with less than nine offensive lineman, especially after last season which rarely saw the same lineup from week to week.

They're have a few on the PS as well.

milkman 05-01-2016 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 12210661)

Looks really solid to me

I'll say it again.
I would not rule out Pughsley as the starter at LG.

In fact, I fully expect it, unless they reverse Pughsley and LDT, because I am not fully convinced that LDT isn't the best LG on this roster, despite Dorsey stating that he will be the RG going into workouts.

staylor26 05-01-2016 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12210718)
I'll say it again.

In fact, I fully expect it, unless they reverse Pughsley and LDT, because I am not fully convinced that LDT isn't the best LG on this roster, despite Dorsey stating that he will be the RG going into workouts.

That's an interesting take I haven't considered. Do you like Pughsley there, or do you just expect it?

milkman 05-01-2016 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12210726)
That's an interesting take I haven't considered. Do you like Pughsley there, or do you just expect it?

I thought that Pughsley showed some real promise last season.

He looked like a kid that just needed a year of strength training to compete at this level.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 05-01-2016 04:43 PM

Better than any shit we had two years ago when Smith was allowed to get speared by Von

Direckshun 05-01-2016 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 12210624)

Chiefs like to pull and get their guards to the 2nd level.

Direckshun 05-01-2016 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12210627)

I think the odds of Ehinger playing swing tackle are better than his odds of starting at OG. I'm betting on a line of Fisher/Reid/Morse/LDT/Schwartz, with Fulton and Munyer as interior backups and Pughsley and Ehinger at tackle.

Chiefshrink 05-01-2016 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 12210525)
The Chiefs already have a lot of versatility on the line. Sometimes you just need to pick the better player.

Reid didn't call you b4 the pick ??????:shrug:

Chiefshrink 05-01-2016 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12210718)
I'll say it again.

I agree with you that this line is still in flux and "not" because there is a lack of talent but rather a depth "of talent" that will create great competition to present the best starting line with talented depth to follow.

BryanBusby 05-01-2016 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12210949)
Reid didn't call you b4 the pick ??????:shrug:

Dear god, shut up you bumbling dipshit. They **** up draft choices, too.

ct 05-03-2016 01:49 PM

i got tired of searching for these, time for a bump

staylor26 05-03-2016 05:25 PM

Here's a game of his at RG from 2014:

http://youtu.be/jCMRkYnmYPk

I felt better about this pick after seeing this one.

nychief 05-04-2016 09:01 AM

story about how this dude lost his father. freak accident.
http://www.mlive.com/sports/2016/05/...sweet_nfl.html

BossChief 05-04-2016 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12210634)
IMO, the best offensive line for the 2016 season would be Fisher/Morse/Fulton/LDT/Schwartz.

But apparently, Reid and Dorsey disagree and have stated that Morse will remain at center.

That leaves a hole at left guard and I suspect that Ehinger will get the first crack at the starting job.

Fulton, Reid and Pughsley for depth.

Fulton is a "phone booth blocker" in that he is great when he gets his hands on you and is good at the POA...but he doesn't move very well. He's not the type of center these guys want that can snap and pull around the edge and lead the way on perimeter plays.

Unfortunately, I think his best spot is backing up C/RG.

staylor26 05-08-2016 04:16 PM

According to Ehinger, he's been practicing at LG. Sounds like they want him to take that job.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-08-2016 05:32 PM

I would believe an MTG story before I believed a CP take on an offensive lineman

DaneMcCloud 05-08-2016 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12221613)
According to Ehinger, he's been practicing at LG. Sounds like they want him to take that job.

As expected

staylor26 05-08-2016 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12221724)
As expected

Yea, nothing groundbreaking, but confirmation.

KChiefs1 05-08-2016 05:59 PM

Trust in Dorse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BossChief 05-08-2016 08:52 PM

After the Morse pick, I trust Dorsey to continue to fill holes on this roster through the draft with guys that have a chance to be special.

Titty Meat 05-09-2016 12:39 AM

Why just that Morse pick thogh? Fisher was the best LT in the draft and Fulton could be a starting center for a lot of teams in the league as a 6th round pick pretty good. Dorsey has a great record with o-linemen. Throw in Schwarts play in 13' and Jah Reids this year i'd say his record with o-linemen is stellar.

DaneMcCloud 05-09-2016 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay (Post 12222117)
Throw in Schwarts play in 13' and Jah Reids this year i'd say his record with o-linemen is stellar.

While you've always been a drooling Mongo (minus the desirable pigment), your recent posts have reached a new level of dumbassery.

RunKC 05-09-2016 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12221613)

This is our starter at LG. I don't see how anyone is beating him out unless he nosedives in camp.
Reid has barely played G, Fulton doesn't have the footwork to play G and LDT is still learning the technique.

Just reading his scouting report shows why we like him. Size, durability, some nasty and most of all technique/football IQ. I didn't know that this guy had to learn not only multiple positions, but multiple offenses.

He is far and away ahead of any other G on the roster in terms of technique. You can see him reading twists, blitzes and stunts in his Cincy tape. He just seems to know when to engage and the angles to take.

He's rock solid in pass protection from what Scouts say. God do we need that after watching Fulton/Stephenson/Grubbs get worked when they played G last year.

BossChief 05-09-2016 08:57 AM

What was wrong about what Billay said?

Dorsey has been pretty good at identifying OL guys that can come in and play well.

Has he had misses? Of course, everybody does...but he has also done a pretty damn good job of building this OL from the ground up.