ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Trek: Beyond (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=296731)

pr_capone 12-14-2015 11:49 AM

Star Trek: Beyond

Paramount just released the trailer to Star Trek Beyond. I am less than pleased overall.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XRVD32rnzOw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Justin Lin, the director of the last 3 F&F movies, is at the helm of this bullshit and from the tiny snippet of Simon Pegg jumping out of a pod and hanging off the side of a cliff... it looks equally as campy as F&F.

Justin Lin, the director of nothing but remakes and sequels, is also the guy in charge of the reshooting (because there won't be anything new about it) of the Highlander movie.

I love Trek but this new movie series has been largely garbage. Little to no rewatchability at all for either movie. For the first time ever... I am more excited for something Star Wars related than Trek.

Buehler445 12-14-2015 11:52 AM

Ugh. WTF? They just destroy their brand new ship? Whaaaa?

007 12-14-2015 11:57 AM

Sure hope he doesn't ruin Star Wars.

RealSNR 12-14-2015 12:12 PM

I liked the 2009 Star Trek movie.

Into Darkness was god awful.

This looks even worse.

Paramount is going to really feel this one in their wallets. People will see this opening weekend and then shit will dry up fast. They're going to lose money on this movie. Guaranteed.

DaneMcCloud 12-14-2015 12:24 PM

This looks awful, IMO.

This also does not bode well for the new series, since it's the same writer and producer.

DaneMcCloud 12-14-2015 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11953174)
Sure hope he doesn't ruin Star Wars.

Abrams produced this, which doesn't mean much. He didn't write it, didn't cast or direct it.

Buehler445 12-14-2015 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 11953194)

This looks even worse.

Paramount is going to really feel this one in their wallets. People will see this opening weekend and then shit will dry up fast. They're going to lose money on this movie. Guaranteed.

I fully acknowledge the Khan business was pretty bad. But if the original didn't exist it wouldn't be a completely unenjoyable movie. This looks bad.

unlurking 12-14-2015 12:47 PM

Quote:

This looks even worse.

2009 was a fun movie, but it wasn't Star Trek. Nothing in the reboot has been, it's just action movies in space. STD was shit, and this looks even worse.

unlurking 12-14-2015 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11953208)
This looks awful, IMO.

This also does not bode well for the new series, since it's the same writer and producer.

Ugh. Didn't realize that.

Jamie 12-14-2015 01:00 PM

In fairness, Orci's script for this was rewritten by Simon Pegg and another writer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11953210)
Abrams produced this, which doesn't mean much. He didn't write it, didn't cast or direct it.

Of course he did direct Into Darkness...

Predarat 12-14-2015 02:10 PM

So instead of the good old days, where the odd # Star Trek movies were not good/awful and the even # were good/awesome, now they start good and progressively get worse.

Buehler445 12-14-2015 02:17 PM

Quote:

This looks awful, IMO.

They're putting a series together? With this cast or what?

Bowser 12-14-2015 02:32 PM

It looks like they're taking on a horde of Dark Elves.

DJ's left nut 12-14-2015 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11953221)
I fully acknowledge the Khan business was pretty bad. But if the original didn't exist it wouldn't be a completely unenjoyable movie. This looks bad.

That's where I am.

The 2nd movie wasn't bad. It wasn't as good as the reboot, but that's only because the reboot is really good, IMO.

This movie, OTOH, looks horrific. It had an unshakable 'direct to DVD' feel to it. If the budget for this one was anywhere near the last one, they'll lose their ass (well, probably not because international markets will probably eat it up, but it'll get smoked domestically).

DaneMcCloud 12-14-2015 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11953394)
They're putting a series together? With this cast or what?

Robert Orci is creating a new Star Trek series that will be broadcast only on the new streaming CBS website, which will cost $5.99 per month.

It's just another dumb Star Trek idea.

Hammock Parties 12-14-2015 02:45 PM

Turning Star Trek into action schlock is the worst thing ever.

Chieficus 12-14-2015 02:56 PM

I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it either.

However, I felt the same way about the first trailer I saw of the original reboot. *Waiting and seeing; waiting and seeing.*

keg in kc 12-14-2015 03:48 PM

That is one really bad trailer. Would be okay for a random sci-fi action flick but star trek? Just no tone of or connection to that universe at all.

Which doesn't mean the movie itself will be anything like the trailer, but Christ, imagine if they cut a trailer like that for the force awakens. There'd be a riot. ****ing horrific marketing. Which I guess shouldn't be a surprise from the idiots who thought Into Darkness was a good title for a star trek move. And didn't realize everyone could call it STD.

Some of these trailer editing teams are great. Like the ones who've worked on the force awakens. The production team on this one should be shitcanned yesterday.

Hammock Parties 12-14-2015 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11953649)
Some of these trailer editing teams are great. Like the ones who've worked on the force awakens. The production team on this one should be shitcanned yesterday.

Thing is though....both of the new films made money on being aimed at younger audiences and mostly being action schlock. They know their target audience on this and it's no longer hardcore Trekkies.

As long as they get general audiences in to see Star Trek they are satisfied, and they know they will get hardcore Trek fans in anyway, because let's be honest, I'm going to see this film just because it has Kirk in it and on the off chance Pegg didn't **** it up.

If they put out a trailer like this...no one under 30 would go see it.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qCcf9FBsNVo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 12-14-2015 04:03 PM

People under 30 are going to the movies on Friday in droves. You don't have to make everything look like a sugar rush on crack to get butts in seats. Make it look good, make it look worth people's time. Don't make it look trite. Make it look like an event. That's all I'm saying. It doesn't have to be a trailer from the 90s.

Hell, they've had trouble drawing an audience anyway....

And I will continue to say exactly what I said for Into Darkness: their marketing hurts more than it helps. I think that might be true with this.

notorious 12-14-2015 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 11953241)
2009 was a fun movie, but it wasn't Star Trek. Nothing in the reboot has been, it's just action movies in space. STD was shit, and this looks even worse.

Bingo.

007 12-14-2015 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11953210)

Isn't that what he is ultimately doing with Star Wars too? Directing the first one then just producing the rest?

Deberg_1990 12-14-2015 04:55 PM

looks like

Star Fast and Furious Beyond Trek

Chieficus 12-14-2015 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11953691)
If they put out a trailer like this...no one under 30 would go see it.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qCcf9FBsNVo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Of course, that was also 20+ years ago. That was, imo, the 3rd best movie of the original 10 (and a darn good movie overall), right after WoK and First Contact.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11953691)
As long as they get general audiences in to see Star Trek they are satisfied, and they know they will get hardcore Trek fans in anyway, because let's be honest, I'm going to see this film just because it has Kirk in it and on the off chance Pegg didn't **** it up.

Ditto.

DaneMcCloud 12-14-2015 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11953732)
Isn't that what he is ultimately doing with Star Wars too? Directing the first one then just producing the rest?

Well, it's different because he and Lawrence Kasdan literally mapped out the entire Star Wars Galaxy for the next 100 years. He's going to be much more closely involved in Star Wars and I'm sure he'll direct another one, at some point down the road.

I can't see him ever returning to direct Star Trek. He's just getting producer credit (and revenue) for jump starting the franchise.

DaneMcCloud 12-14-2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11953649)

I'm friends with several trailer editors and from my understanding, it's an extremely difficult job to be handed an unfinished 2 hour film, then try to whittle something interesting out of it for 60-120 seconds.

My guess is that since this film is far from complete, the director doesn't even know "what" the film will be, as so many films are actually created in Post.

But that said, there was no reason for Paramount to rush out a trailer, especially one as shitty as this one. I just hope that none of my friends edited it.

DaneMcCloud 12-14-2015 06:02 PM

One more thing: Why does the Enterprise need to be destroyed in every other Star Trek film? What's up with that?

keg in kc 12-14-2015 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11954030)
I'm friends with several trailer editors and from my understanding, it's an extremely difficult job to be handed an unfinished 2 hour film, then try to whittle something interesting out of it for 60-120 seconds.

My guess is that since this film is far from complete, the director doesn't even know "what" the film will be, as so many films are actually created in Post.

But that said, there was no reason for Paramount to rush out a trailer, especially one as shitty as this one. I just hope that none of my friends edited it.

I was thinking more along the lines of the producers, those 'visionary' folks telling us editor monkeys what to do...

And the marketing teams they're saddled to.

Hammock Parties 12-14-2015 06:28 PM

What kind of a name is "Beyond" anyway for a movie.

You can tell they put real thought into that shit.

keg in kc 12-14-2015 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11954021)
Well, it's different because he and Lawrence Kasdan literally mapped out the entire Star Wars Galaxy for the next 100 years. He's going to be much more closely involved in Star Wars and I'm sure he'll direct another one, at some point down the road.

I can't see him ever returning to direct Star Trek. He's just getting producer credit (and revenue) for jump starting the franchise.

There's also the fact that he's been a Star Wars fan since childhood, and never a trekkie. Star Trek was a job. Force Awakens is a passion.

Which doesn't mean he won't **** it up...

(Total tangent but the funniest thing to me lately has been people complaining about TFA possibly being at it's core a remake. Like the first Star Wars is some original thing, rather than a pastiche of Dune, serials and Kurosawa movies...)

Deberg_1990 12-14-2015 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11954030)

I guess everybody wants to be attached to Star Wars this weekend.

Makes sense from a marketing perspective

Good grief, there are going to be like 30 minutes of trailers attached.

DaneMcCloud 12-14-2015 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11954104)
I was thinking more along the lines of the producers, those 'visionary' folks telling us editor monkeys what to do...

And the marketing teams they're saddled to.

That's generally not the way it works for trailers. The studio or production company will hire a trailer house and sometimes, even a specific editor.

They hire a music supervisor, who then tries to secure the rights to a specific song or songs, along with trailer music from one of the production libraries, which the editor will cut in. Often times, there are five or six distinct pieces of music for one trailer.

But whoever cut this trailer - yeesh. No feel whatsoever.

keg in kc 12-14-2015 06:54 PM

(I meant whoever was acting as producer for the house who put together the trailer. I know it's completely unrelated to the movie's production...)

DaneMcCloud 12-14-2015 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11954179)
(I meant whoever was acting as producer for the house who put together the trailer. I know it's completely unrelated to the movie's production...)

The editor generally has free reign.

It's also extremely lucrative, even reality TV. Really big bucks and they're always in demand.

JD10367 12-14-2015 07:46 PM

I dunno, I didn't mind "STID" and this trailer doesn't bother me either. It is what it is. I like the character reboots and how the new actors are portraying them. This trailer was clearly cut to push the F&TF angle and the connection with the director.

Jamie 12-14-2015 09:45 PM

I bet they'll repair the Enterprise in the end, like they did in Into Darkness. I think you see it crashed on a planet, ****ed up but semi-intact, at 0:30.

They do over-rely on blowing up the ship to raise stakes, but from a continuity nerd point of view I wish they had stuck to the plan of blowing up the Enterprise in the beginning of Trek 09. Basically it was going to be a newly launched TOS Enterprise instead of the Kelvin. Which would have explained why Kirk seemed to have some attachment to the Enterprise, and why it looks completely different to how it did in the original universe.

One thing, I do think the uniforms look better. I never liked the superhero costume texture they used in the previous two movies.

listopencil 12-15-2015 01:17 AM

So the movie is one long away mission resulting from a catastrophe that disables/destroys the ship. The away mission takes place in a retro-futuristic semi-anarchistic dystopian society/setting. I see Star Fleet unis on people in the background. So I'm assuming that Kirk bonds with a hot goth-hippy chick while performing a scout mission, Spock and Bones attempt to take over the established society and free the crew/society, and Scotty makes cameos doing weird stuff to move the plot past technical issues.

RINGLEADER 12-15-2015 01:41 AM

Quote:

This looks awful, IMO.

Totally agree. I spent the entire trailer trying to figure out WTF is going on and wondering why everyone is jumping...

Worst trailer released this week...

Buehler445 12-15-2015 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11953425)
Robert Orci is creating a new Star Trek series that will be broadcast only on the new streaming CBS website, which will cost $5.99 per month.

It's just another dumb Star Trek idea.

Ugh.

Thanks for filling me in.

siberian khatru 12-15-2015 09:16 AM

Quote:

This looks even worse.

+1

siberian khatru 12-15-2015 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11953433)
Turning Star Trek into action schlock is the worst thing ever.

This too.

Halfcan 12-15-2015 09:24 AM

Awesome-another Star Trek movie, another Star Wars, another Superman, another Alien, another Captain America.. and they remade Tarzan as well.

Might as well remake Ground Hog day too-because that is what it is like going to the movies- same movies again and again.

DaneMcCloud 12-15-2015 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 11955178)
Awesome-another Star Trek movie, another Star Wars, another Superman, another Alien, another Captain America.. and they remade Tarzan as well.

Might as well remake Ground Hog day too-because that is what it is like going to the movies- same movies again and again.

Groundhog Day was already remade with Tom Cruise.

It's called Edge of Tomorrow.

DJ's left nut 12-15-2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11955197)
Groundhog Day was already remade with Tom Cruise.

It's called Edge of Tomorrow.

Yeah, but that movie was awesome so it gets a pass.

unlurking 12-15-2015 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 11955895)
Yeah, but that movie was awesome so it gets a pass.

Mainly because watching Cruise die over and over and over and over and over was more fun than any plot involved.

ToxSocks 12-15-2015 03:54 PM

Doesn't look like Star Trek to me. Maybe it's the trailer, but the music selection and the way the trailer is made makes it look like it's trying to be something Star Trek never was.

Chieficus 12-15-2015 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11955905)
Doesn't look like Star Trek to me. Maybe it's the trailer, but the music selection and the way the trailer is made makes it look like it's trying to be something Star Trek never was.

The music selection is straight out of the 2009 remake where young Kirk listened to Beastie Boys before dropping his stepfather's car off a cliff. Hence: Scotty, "Is that music"; Kirk, "It's a good choice."

But yeah, the action seems to be Star Trek + Mission Impossible + Fast and Furious.

Chieficus 12-15-2015 04:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
BTW, anyone else think of this when they saw the trailer, or am I the only one that nerdy?

Tribal Warfare 12-15-2015 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11954037)
One more thing: Why does the Enterprise need to be destroyed in every other Star Trek film? What's up with that?

the ole conflict/danger cliche, they should give every other ship red streaks if a director with personality decides to poke fun at it, and the ship becomes the " John McClain" of Enterprise vessels. Takes a beating, but always survives

Bowser 12-15-2015 04:46 PM

Quote:

They're keeping it running parallel to the original movies -

- First movie was an unstoppable foe
- Second movie a major character dies
- Third movie the Enterprise gets destroyed

On and on....

Deberg_1990 12-15-2015 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11955905)

I get that. But trailers are cut these days to sell the 'sizzle' Hopefully there is more real 'meat' to the real movie.

People forget there was alot of action in the original series. At least a Kirk punchout, pulpy fight scene in every 3rd or 4th episode.

It wasnt until the Next generation series that Trek got entirely 'Heady'

unlurking 12-15-2015 06:21 PM

This trailer has more action than an entire season of Star Trek.

Sure-Oz 12-15-2015 06:28 PM

This trailer needs Warf

Deberg_1990 12-15-2015 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 11955178)

Another Ghostbusters!

Deberg_1990 12-15-2015 06:43 PM

Quote:

How many billions does it cost the Federation every time one of these suckers goes down??

DaneMcCloud 12-15-2015 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11956263)
How many billions does it cost the Federation every time one of these suckers goes down??

Not nearly as much as the trillions it costs The Galactic Empire each times a Death Star is destroyed.

I read the outline of a paper written by a college professor stating that a Death Star's destruction would destroy the galactic economy.

http://www.businessinsider.com/study...h-star-2015-12

Chieficus 12-15-2015 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11956263)

Nothing. The world of the Federation doesn't operate on money. Everyone does everything for free, including being blown up, because that's just what you do.

Silock 12-15-2015 10:40 PM

PUKE EMOTICON

Buehler445 12-16-2015 07:46 PM

Here is a different perspective of the trailer than we all have. Maybe there is some hope?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Pp58aHvUGJU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Deberg_1990 12-16-2015 08:59 PM

Just finished watching the tail end of Into Darkness. I had forgotten they started their '5 year mission'.

So this movie is about that???? Also, Carol Marcus is a part of the crew. Will Kirk be boning her?

DaneMcCloud 12-16-2015 09:46 PM

I've never been more disinterested in a Star Trek movie.

DMAC 12-16-2015 10:17 PM

LMAO What the hell?? Are they all wearing badly fitted wigs?

That looked like it should star Tim Allen.

007 12-16-2015 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 11958790)
LMAO What the hell?? Are they all wearing badly fitted wigs?

That looked like it should star Tim Allen.

I'd be all in for Galaxy Quest II

RealSNR 12-17-2015 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chieficus (Post 11955941)
BTW, anyone else think of this when they saw the trailer, or am I the only one that nerdy?

I thought of the Remans from Nemesis

I tried getting into Babylon 5 a couple years ago. To me, it's not good enough for as hard to track down as it is. I'm not wasting money on the DVDs, either.

http://www.perlmanpages.com/bsmovies/gfx/viceroy2.jpg

unlurking 12-17-2015 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 11958952)
I tried getting into Babylon 5 a couple years ago. To me, it's not good enough for as hard to track down as it is. I'm not wasting money on the DVDs, either...

Sacrilege! :)

Granted season 1 is slow, but B5 is one of my all-time favorites. Sucks that no one is streaming legally.

Chieficus 12-17-2015 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 11959059)
Sacrilege! :)

Granted season 1 is slow, but B5 is one of my all-time favorites. Sucks that no one is streaming legally.

I liked it all but season 5. That last season just never felt right to me.

Donger 12-17-2015 10:02 AM

Christ. And those are the good parts?

Fish 12-17-2015 10:13 AM

Come on you guys... Beastie Boys! It's so hip and edgy....

lawrenceRaider 12-17-2015 10:59 AM

Quote:

Was my first thought when I saw that in the trailer.

Bowser 12-17-2015 03:50 PM

Ha, the alien chick Kirk saves in the transporter is the bad ass swords-for-legs girl from Kingsman? Nice.

But yeah, that trailer is a hot mess. I'll still reserve judgement since Simon Pegg wrote the script.

keg in kc 12-17-2015 05:48 PM

Quote:

i thought he looked like scorpius from farscape. It's in the eyes. Mixed with a jem'hadar from ds 9.

B5 hasn't aged well. DS9 on the other hand is on netflix and still looks great.

keg in kc 12-17-2015 06:00 PM

Simon Pegg seems to agree with us...

<iframe width="377" height="237" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2f4aAwa5wdg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chieficus 12-17-2015 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11960196)
i thought he looked like scorpius from farscape. It's in the eyes. Mixed with a jem'hadar from ds 9.

B5 hasn't aged well. DS9 on the other hand is on netflix and still looks great.

I have wondered if the character of supposed to be a jem'hadar, or based on one. In another part of the trailer it's skin is brown/tan, so blue seems to be lighting. Makes him even more like G'Kar.

I loved both those series as a pre-teen / teen.

TNG really got me into Trek, but, imo, most of the first three seasons were weak. DS9 was good front to back--it might actually win for my favorite Trek.

Deberg_1990 12-17-2015 09:24 PM

Its basically a 'Sizzle Reel'

They have to sell it to the cheap seats.

They already have the Trek fans because 'Star Trek'

unlurking 12-18-2015 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chieficus (Post 11960239)
TNG really got me into Trek, but, imo, most of the first three seasons were weak...

Watch Chaos on the Bridge on Netflix. Interesting insight into the firs 3 seasons.

Bowser 12-18-2015 05:05 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4qDqlL-uh2c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 12-18-2015 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chieficus (Post 11960239)
I have wondered if the character of supposed to be a jem'hadar, or based on one. In another part of the trailer it's skin is brown/tan, so blue seems to be lighting. Makes him even more like G'Kar.

I loved both those series as a pre-teen / teen.

TNG really got me into Trek, but, imo, most of the first three seasons were weak. DS9 was good front to back--it might actually win for my favorite Trek.

DS9 is definitely my favorite. And it's the least 'classic' star trek of the bunch, at least until they introduced the defiant. So many great characters and arcs.

Grew up with the movies and OS. Teen years brought me TNG which I loved. Then DS9 which went through college. Voyager was okay. Never what it should have been. Then Enterprise was cancelled right when the production really started to click. The final season of that show may have been the finest season in all of Trek. But as a series, DS9 was and is it for me.

Donger 12-18-2015 06:34 PM

DS9 was the one were they didn't go anywhere, right? I watched a few and then stopped.

pr_capone 12-19-2015 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11961743)
DS9 is definitely my favorite. And it's the least 'classic' star trek of the bunch, at least until they introduced the defiant. So many great characters and arcs.

Grew up with the movies and OS. Teen years brought me TNG which I loved. Then DS9 which went through college. Voyager was okay. Never what it should have been. Then Enterprise was cancelled right when the production really started to click. The final season of that show may have been the finest season in all of Trek. But as a series, DS9 was and is it for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 11961783)
DS9 was the one were they didn't go anywhere, right? I watched a few and then stopped.

DS9 was the best and it was the one on the space station. Season 1 is slow... season 2 picks up. Season 3 through the end of the Dominion Wars was, IMO, the best Trek ever written.

keg in kc 12-19-2015 01:04 PM

Yeah, they shifted gears significantly after season 1.

All the Bajoran mystic mumbo jumbo in the pilot and early on was my least favorite part of the show. Glad I kept watching...