ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV X-Men: Apocalypse (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=296653)

keg in kc 12-11-2015 10:21 AM

X-Men: Apocalypse

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/COvnHv42T-A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KC_Lee 12-11-2015 10:25 AM

Looks awesome.

Buehler445 12-11-2015 10:29 AM

I thought Lawrence was done after DOFP?

Mr. Laz 12-11-2015 10:45 AM

Did they change the costume for Apocalypse?

It looks different than that purple thing i saw months ago.

Mr. Laz 12-11-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11944730)
I thought Lawrence was done after DOFP?

I thought she said one more and then she was done.

I think this is the last one.

keg in kc 12-11-2015 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11944765)
Did they change the costume for Apocalypse?

It looks different than that purple thing i saw months ago.

Things can change a lot in post production. Stuff is often designed to have a certain look after stuff like color correction is applied, and can look completely different (and sometimes absurd...) before that kind of stylistic work is done.

DJ's left nut 12-11-2015 11:12 AM

Okay, so here's the problem with movies that !@#$ with timelines - the aftermath.

In DOFP we know that the Mutants survive to some point in the 2030ish range, yes? I don't think we have an exact time period, but it's in the relatively near future that the mutants teleport back from.

Well in that original timeline, this Apocalypse guy existed. So we know the X-Men or someone else was able to beat him. Moreover, he was defeated during what would've likely been a two-front war (as humanity was attacking mutants at the time) so nobody could've really focused all efforts on apocalypse and there would've been obvious attrition due to the attacks on mutants from humans before apocalypse surfaced.

In this new timeline, the X-Men and humanity at large presumably have more advantages than they had in the previous timeline where we know Apocalypse had been defeated...so why should we think they wouldn't beat him again this time?

(Then again, it's a movie involving indestructible humanoid woodland creatures and guys that shoot fire from their eyes...perhaps I shouldn't worry so much)

Sure-Oz 12-11-2015 11:41 AM

Yeah I'll see this.

bowener 12-11-2015 01:13 PM

My 8 year old self is excited to see that Apocalypse does in fact grow larger in this trailer. I secretly hope his voice distorts with his size, and he sounds similar to the god-like being in the cartoons.

And this is possibly the best line of dialogue ever:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8bmn6bjlw70" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ThaVirus 12-11-2015 01:14 PM

Who's more powerful: Apocalypse or Jean Grey with the Phoenix force?

Fish 12-11-2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11945051)

Phoenix force would rape him effortlessly.

MMXcalibur 12-11-2015 02:01 PM

Looks awesome.

RunKC 12-11-2015 02:24 PM

So ****ing pumped for this

mdchiefsfan 12-11-2015 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 11944816)
Okay, so here's the problem with movies that !@#$ with timelines - the aftermath.

In DOFP we know that the Mutants survive to some point in the 2030ish range, yes? I don't think we have an exact time period, but it's in the relatively near future that the mutants teleport back from.

Well in that original timeline, this Apocalypse guy existed. So we know the X-Men or someone else was able to beat him. Moreover, he was defeated during what would've likely been a two-front war (as humanity was attacking mutants at the time) so nobody could've really focused all efforts on apocalypse and there would've been obvious attrition due to the attacks on mutants from humans before apocalypse surfaced.

In this new timeline, the X-Men and humanity at large presumably have more advantages than they had in the previous timeline where we know Apocalypse had been defeated...so why should we think they wouldn't beat him again this time?

(Then again, it's a movie involving indestructible humanoid woodland creatures and guys that shoot fire from their eyes...perhaps I shouldn't worry so much)

Maybe the altered timeline resulted in the arrival of Apocalypse. :shrug:

Tribal Warfare 12-11-2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Hopefully we'll see a Nate Grey/Nathan Summers Easter Egg in this movie too.

Bowser 12-11-2015 04:32 PM

Quote:

The Phonix Force nearly wiped out an all powerful Dr. Doom in the latest Secret Wars. Apocolypse is no rummy, but the Phoenix Force is a nearly omnipotent being.

ThaVirus 12-11-2015 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 11945331)
Maybe the altered timeline resulted in the arrival of Apocalypse. :shrug:

Apoc was born thousands of years ago

Bowser 12-11-2015 05:16 PM

Or Phoenix Force, not just the Hooked on Phonix Force.

ThaVirus 12-11-2015 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11945086)
Phoenix force would rape him effortlessly.

Phoenix sounds like a badass.

Better let Wolverine kill her in the most ridiculous fashion...

Fish 12-11-2015 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11945617)
Phoenix sounds like a badass.

Better let Wolverine kill her in the most ridiculous fashion...

Yeah...

Quote:

Description:

The Phoenix Force is an immortal and mutable manifestation of the prime universal force of life and passion. Born of the void between states of being, the Phoenix Force is a child of the universe. It is the nexus of all psionic energy which does, has, and ever will exist in all realities of the multiverse, the Guardian of Creation, and of the dangerously powerful M'Kraan Crystal.

The Phoenix is among the most feared beings in all of existence — having the power to cut and re-grow any part of the universe, as well as destroy it entirely, which is part of the Phoenix' purpose: "The Judgment of the Phoenix", to burn away the obsolete. The Phoenix Force is described as being "the embodiment of the very passion of Creation – the spark that gave life to the Universe, the flame that will ultimately consume it."
Speaking of Wolverine, it's too bad he didn't make the cut for the Four Horsemen. Evil Apocalypse powered Wolverine would have been way badass on screen...

ThaVirus 12-11-2015 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11945641)
Yeah...

Speaking of Wolverine, it's too bad he didn't make the cut for the Four Horsemen. Evil Apocalypse powered Wolverine would have been way badass on screen...

That would have been awesome.

Who are the horsemen again? Storm, Angel, Magneto and who else?

Tribal Warfare 12-11-2015 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11945649)
That would have been awesome.

Who are the horsemen again? Storm, Angel, Magneto and who else?

Psylocke ( Olivia Munn)

beach tribe 12-11-2015 07:01 PM

Looks fantastic. Can't believe they salvaged this universe the way they did.

Just FTR..Apocalypse? Thanos would bath the star ways in his blood.

Don't know why I had to say that...I just did.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...psbkijlbev.gif

beach tribe 12-11-2015 07:09 PM

Was that Jubilee?

Tribal Warfare 12-11-2015 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 11945717)
Was that Jubilee?

yes

Gravedigger 12-11-2015 09:12 PM

Kinda dissapointed that Magneto is one of the Horsemen in this one. Wish they could've gotten Channing Tatum wrapped in so Gambit could've been in there instead.

Fish 12-11-2015 09:14 PM

Wolverine and Gambit both.... **** me, I'd root for the bad guys.....

mdchiefsfan 12-11-2015 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 11945893)
Kinda dissapointed that Magneto is one of the Horsemen in this one. Wish they could've gotten Channing Tatum wrapped in so Gambit could've been in there instead.

I don't understand their refusal to put Gambit in the damn movies. He was in there for a whole 10 minutes total.

Ragged Robin 12-11-2015 09:41 PM

the younger kid xmen seem kind of... bad at acting: "Not all of us can control our powers" :facepalm:

also wished they didn't use four already established characters as the four horsemen since it's kind of a dead giveaway that they'll eventually break out of it and turn on Apocalypse...

The Franchise 12-11-2015 10:38 PM

Can't ****ing wait.

ThaVirus 12-11-2015 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 11945893)

Was there any question that that's what would happen anyway?

I'm more concerned with whether or not they'll try to include the Celestials in this one.

salame 12-12-2015 12:29 AM

Looks so bad ass

Aries Walker 12-12-2015 01:00 AM

This looks okay, but I'm not getting a super thrilling vibe about it. I feel like it will be the standard X-Men level of good but not great. It also doesn't help that it will be coming out later in the same month as Captain America.

The thing I can't get past is how small Apocalypse looks. In the comics, he's a hulking enormous monster, but here he looks like a skinny guy in a spaceman suit. Even Robocop - who, under it all, was a skinny guy in a spaceman suit - looked more intimidating than Apocalypse does.

Mohawk Storm looks good, though, and I'm glad they're getting away from every movie being The Wolverine Show.

Aries Walker 12-12-2015 01:07 AM

Nitpicky addendum: "Tens of thousands of years ago"? Only 5,000 years takes you back to before Egypt existed. 10,000 was the very beginnings of civilization. "Tens of thousands" of years would mean Apocalypse was at best a hunter-gatherer nomad, or maybe a straight-up caveman. I don't think that's the vibe they're going for.

Sorry, nitpick over.

Tribal Warfare 12-12-2015 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 11946147)
Nitpicky addendum: "Tens of thousands of years ago"? Only 5,000 years takes you back to before Egypt existed. 10,000 was the very beginnings of civilization. "Tens of thousands" of years would mean Apocalypse was at best a hunter-gatherer nomad, or maybe a straight-up caveman. I don't think that's the vibe they're going for.

Sorry, nitpick over.

some continuities that's right on point.

keg in kc 12-12-2015 03:17 AM

Tangent: I think we're eventually going to 'discover' that civilization has existed much longer than 5000 years. At some point the resistance of tenured historians to any timeline other than their established one will be overcome.

beach tribe 12-12-2015 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11946176)
Tangent: I think we're eventually going to 'discover' that civilization has existed much longer than 5000 years. At some point the resistance of tenured historians to any timeline other than their established one will be overcome.

Many scientists believe that the erosion on the sphinx could have only been caused by rain fall and climate studies show that the amount of rain that it would have taken hasn't fallen in Egypt in over 10,000 years.

beach tribe 12-12-2015 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11946102)
Was there any question that that's what would happen anyway?

I'm more concerned with whether or not they'll try to include the Celestials in this one.

That place "Nowhere" in Guardians of the galaxy was the inside of one their heads, and the collector also shows one destroying a planet.
Marvel owns their rights.

keg in kc 12-12-2015 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 11946180)
Many scientists believe that the erosion on the sphinx could have only been caused by rain fall and climate studies show that the amount of rain that it would have taken hasn't fallen in Egypt in over 10,000 years.

Not sure 'many' is accurate but geologist Robert Schoch certainly believes that.

There's also some interesting things being discovered at sites like Gobleki Tepe in Turkey and at a number of underwater locations like Yonaguni off the coast of Japan.

My personal theory is that there was a cataclysm about 12k years ago which is the genesis of the flood myth found in so many religions (including the bible...) and oral histories, a cataclysm that destroyed an ancient civilization we know next to nothing about. Thanks to much of it currently being underwater.

But it would be impossible to prove at this point, since so little of the ocean floor has actually been explored.

In any case, this is a Marvel film. So they can create whatever the hell world history they want.

GloucesterChief 12-12-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11946494)
Not sure 'many' is accurate but geologist Robert Schoch certainly believes that.

There's also some interesting things being discovered at sites like Gobleki Tepe in Turkey and at a number of underwater locations like Yonaguni off the coast of Japan.

My personal theory is that there was a cataclysm about 12k years ago which is the genesis of the flood myth found in so many religions (including the bible...) and oral histories, a cataclysm that destroyed an ancient civilization we know next to nothing about. Thanks to much of it currently being underwater.

But it would be impossible to prove at this point, since so little of the ocean floor has actually been explored.

In any case, this is a Marvel film. So they can create whatever the hell world history they want.

Actually, the flood myth probably comes from when the Black Sea flooded and became the Black Sea. The Dardanelles used to be a thin land bridge between Europe and Asia. At some point in history the land bridge collapsed and the Black Sea flooded to its current size. Of course there were people living on the shore and the flood zone. The survivors spread the tale and that is why so many Mediterranean cultures have a flood myth.

Same thing is true about the city of Ubar/Iram in Arabia. There was a city that was buried in the sands overnight but it had nothing to do with god but a sinkhole over a limestone cavern.

keg in kc 12-12-2015 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 11946507)
Actually, the flood myth probably comes from when the Black Sea flooded and became the Black Sea. The Dardanelles used to be a thin land bridge between Europe and Asia. At some point in history the land bridge collapsed and the Black Sea flooded to its current size. Of course there were people living on the shore and the flood zone. The survivors spread the tale and that is why so many Mediterranean cultures have a flood myth.

Same thing is true about the city of Ubar/Iram in Arabia. There was a city that was buried in the sands overnight but it had nothing to do with god but a sinkhole over a limestone cavern.

Flood myths are found in cultures literally around the globe, including places as far removed from the so-called 'cradle of civilization' as pre-Colombian Mesoamerica.

Although I also think we're very far off in terms of recognizing how well more traditionally 'ancient' civilizations from places like Africa and Asia were able to navigate the oceans, so perhaps myths were spread that way, as well. In which case histories from places like the Mediterranean may have spread culturally speaking. But again even acknowledging that possibility would require some revision of standard, tenured history. Which isn't likely to happen.

GloucesterChief 12-12-2015 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11946530)
Flood myths are found in cultures literally around the globe, including places as far removed from the so-called 'cradle of civilization' as pre-Colombian Mesoamerica.

Although I also think we're very far off in terms of recognizing how well more traditionally 'ancient' civilizations from places like Africa and Asia were able to navigate the oceans, so perhaps myths were spread that way, as well. In which case histories from places like the Mediterranean may have spread culturally speaking. But again even acknowledging that possibility would require some revision of standard, tenured history. Which isn't likely to happen.

Well, the thing is where do draw the line between towns and state level civilizations. There is quite a bit of evidence that there were towns long before any state level civilization. Evidence of long range trade goes back to the early stone age.

Take the Pacific Northwest. There were certainly permanent towns of natives who shared a common culture but there was no government above the town chieftain and the different towns often made war with each other. The Iroquois had a much more complex government but not as permanent towns.

Of course the Central and South American civilizations dwarfed anything in North America when it came to being actual state level civilizations.

keg in kc 12-12-2015 02:35 PM

I was talking about ships from classical Egypt and China reaching North America thousands of years ago, and the possibility/probability that there was ongoing trade between the continents. We talk about the oceans like they were barriers when they may have been roads, basically. In any case, I think it goes without saying at this point that the idea of Columbus 'discovering' America is a false narrative, and that it goes back thousands of years, as difficult as it may be for those of us in the western world to admit. Europe is not the center of everything....

Bowser 12-12-2015 05:40 PM

SCHOLAR FIGHT!! SCHOLAR FIGHT!!!

ThaVirus 12-12-2015 06:14 PM

Please, continue. I think ancient civilizations are hella interesting.

Bowser 12-12-2015 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11947060)
Please, continue. I think ancient civilizations are hella interesting.

Yes, seconded. Very interesting, to be sure.

I actually wish I were more versed in these theories...

CoMoChief 12-12-2015 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 11945713)
Looks fantastic. Can't believe they salvaged this universe the way they did.

Just FTR..Apocalypse? Thanos would bath the star ways in his blood.

Don't know why I had to say that...I just did.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...psbkijlbev.gif

Thanos is really just Ron Pearlman.

Bowser 12-12-2015 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 11947070)
Thanos is really just Ron Pearlman.

Josh Brolin, n00b.

ThaVirus 12-12-2015 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11947068)
Yes, seconded. Very interesting, to be sure.

I actually wish I were more versed in these theories...

They've found cocaine residue on ancient Egyptian mummies despite the fact that the coca plant only grows in South America.

It's widely accepted that the Vikings visited North America around 1,000 AD, long before Columbus.

There are sunken pyramids off the coast of Japan and huge monolithic "structures" under the sea near the Bahamas.

Fabled lost continents of Atlantis and Lemuria.

Aaand that's the extent of what I've read.

Although I recently read about a Bosnian pyramid larger than the Pyramid at Giza. Radio carbon dating of a leaf in the cement dates it at 29,000 years ago. That's probably bullshit. I didn't get a chance to actually look into that one.

ThaVirus 12-12-2015 06:41 PM

I could have made all of that up

Bowser 12-12-2015 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11947100)
I could have made all of that up

Are you high on Egyptian cocaine right now?

ThaVirus 12-12-2015 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11947120)
Are you high on Egyptian cocaine right now?

Japanese meth, actually. But thanks for noticing.

keg in kc 12-12-2015 07:04 PM

The Bosnian Pyramid is nothing. Just a hill that a local is attempting to exploit.

Bowser 12-12-2015 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11947122)
Japanese meth, actually. But thanks for noticing.

The thought of a group of Japanese junkies tweeking out on meth just made me chuckle. Well done.

Aries Walker 12-12-2015 09:03 PM

The Viking part is real.

GloucesterChief 12-12-2015 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11946586)
I was talking about ships from classical Egypt and China reaching North America thousands of years ago, and the possibility/probability that there was ongoing trade between the continents. We talk about the oceans like they were barriers when they may have been roads, basically. In any case, I think it goes without saying at this point that the idea of Columbus 'discovering' America is a false narrative, and that it goes back thousands of years, as difficult as it may be for those of us in the western world to admit. Europe is not the center of everything....

China is possible in the later imperial eras though there is no archaeological evidence to support it. The Pacific is huge though and sailing north is hazardous as the North Pacific is very rough. Not to mention there wasn't much of interest in North America. That is not to say that there weren't visitors as historically there have been Japanese fisherman that were blown off course and across the Pacific. The problem is getting back.

The biggest thing I think that disproves the trans-Atlantic trade is cotton actually. Central American cotton was far superior as a raw material for cloth than its Egyptian and Indian old world counterparts. There is no way that it wouldn't be a major trade item. In fact it was used as currency in Mayan and Aztec civilizations.

This is of course the non-proliferation of things like tomatoes, chili peppers, and vanilla which have become ubiquitous pretty much all cuisines since the Columbian Exchange.

DaneMcCloud 12-12-2015 11:25 PM

Apparently I'm in the minority, but this looks like too much.

The good thing about the X Men movies as of late is that they didn't require much thinking.

This looks way too deep while requiring a giant leap, especially in today's climate.

Valiant 12-13-2015 12:33 AM

I thought it looked meh. Storm looked good.

the end of dofp had them all back. So now storm and scott are retconned to the 80s?

horseman should of been angel, rogue, juggernaut and pyro with a side of sinister.

Bowser 12-13-2015 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11947555)
Apparently I'm in the minority, but this looks like too much.

The good thing about the X Men movies as of late is that they didn't require much thinking.

This looks way too deep while requiring a giant leap, especially in today's climate.

Bryan Singer has had a good grip on the X-Men universe so far, so I'll give him the benefit here. It looks like it will be visually stunning.

I do feel that Magneto is miscast as one of the Horsemen, though. He's too big and too powerful to be relegated to sidekick duty, even if he was a Horseman in one of the storylines from before.

Tribal Warfare 12-13-2015 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11947716)
Bryan Singer has had a good grip on the X-Men universe so far, so I'll give him the benefit here. It looks like it will be visually stunning.

I do feel that Magneto is miscast as one of the Horsemen, though. He's too big and too powerful to be relegated to sidekick duty, even if he was a Horseman in one of the storylines from before.

They're just setting it up for Magneto to beat the shit out of Apocalypse later on.

DaveNull 12-13-2015 08:56 AM

Who can recommend a good Apocalypse related X-Men run for me?

beach tribe 12-13-2015 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11947129)
The thought of a group of Japanese junkies tweeking out on meth just made me chuckle. Well done.

Their meth is much more dependable and has a higher resale value than American meth.

beach tribe 12-13-2015 09:16 AM

I haven't really thought about it until now, but I believe we are about to see the first appearance of Cable.

That would be pretty sweet.

GloucesterChief 12-13-2015 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 11947847)
Who can recommend a good Apocalypse related X-Men run for me?

Age of Apocalypse is probably the only good arc he has had.

GloucesterChief 12-13-2015 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 11947865)
I haven't really thought about it until now, but I believe we are about to see the first appearance of Cable.

Actually heard Cable is being saved for Deadpool 2.

Valiant 12-13-2015 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 11947865)

I do not see anyone that could be Cable on imdb page. They do have Caliban though, so Morlocks will be in it.

Gravedigger 12-13-2015 02:39 PM

Always enjoyed Apocalypse and the Archangel storyline. Doesn't look like it'll be explored in this movie though, Angel looks like a mindless drone with probably the fewest lines of any Xman in this movie.

unlurking 12-13-2015 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 11947944)
Actually heard Cable is being saved for Deadpool 2.

Perfect!

Munson 02-08-2016 09:54 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mnu06cIUpMs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 03-17-2016 03:51 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PfBVIHgQbYk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

unlurking 03-17-2016 05:11 PM

I'm...underwhelmed. :(

May be good, but for some reason that trailer just doesn't seem to really grab my attention.

mdchiefsfan 03-17-2016 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 11949887)
Always enjoyed Apocalypse and the Archangel storyline. Doesn't look like it'll be explored in this movie though, Angel looks like a mindless drone with probably the fewest lines of any Xman in this movie.

I think your forgetting about Gambit.

DaneMcCloud 03-17-2016 07:27 PM

I was underwhelmed by the trailer as well but I don't put too much stock in that because there's a fine line between showing too much and not showing enough or just not cutting it right altogether.

Days of Future Past was pretty bad ass so I'll reserve judgment until I see it.

keg in kc 03-17-2016 08:38 PM

Agree with the sentiment that the trailer wasn't all that strong. Not that that will keep me from seeing the movie.

unlurking 03-17-2016 09:06 PM

Oh yes, I'll still be seeing it. Even though I wasn't really thrilled about the time travel plot, I did really enjoy DoFP. I'm expecting something similar, and really interested to see the new characters. Although to be honest, I'll be scouting for X-Force members I'd like to see join Deadpool and Cable.

Gravedigger 03-17-2016 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 12137174)
I think your forgetting about Gambit.

I never forget about Gambit. He has much more interesting storylines in the comics than when he was a horseman. Hell I could watch an hour and a half movie of him chucking kinetic energy cards, hitting on rogue and jabbin back and forth with Wolverine.

Gambit and Venom are my two favorite comic book characters.

-King- 03-18-2016 06:22 AM

It was an okay trailer.

I do find it funny how similar comic book plots are. The villain always wants to destroy the world for some reason or another and create a "better" one in its place. All the major hero movies have done it pretty much.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser 03-18-2016 08:48 AM

Wait, Mystique is now not only an X-Man, but seemingly their leader? How did we get there?

Wolverine being absent from this film isn't going to do it any favors.

Valiant 03-18-2016 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12137853)
Wait, Mystique is now not only an X-Man, but seemingly their leader? How did we get there?

Wolverine being absent from this film isn't going to do it any favors.

I disagree, Wolverine is what ruined the originals. He played his role great, no fault to Hugh. But Wolverine took over the xmen. Made the others, bit part chumps.

I think this movie is going to be bad, but not because it is missing Wolverine.

They were good when they came out, but they do not hold up.

Deberg_1990 03-18-2016 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12137853)

Jennifer Lawrence became an A-List star