ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet LNBS - The People's Mod... term limits? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=295669)

pr_capone 10-28-2015 04:21 AM

LNBS - The People's Mod... term limits?

First and foremost... I want to express to Flop that this thread is not in any way shape or form meant to show disrespect or a lack of gratitude for the work done.

Second... this thread is not created to express interest in being a moderator here.

-----

Listening to a conversation tonight were people were talking politics (upcoming election and complaining about entrenched representatives) and it got me thinking to when Flop was voted in as the mod in 2011 and was dubbed "The People's Mod". I was wondering what you all thought about having a single mod position being an elected position for a term of 4 years.

In my head:

* Every 4 years a thread is created by an Admin asking for nominations for "The Peoples Mod".

* People would nominate... then vote

* The incumbent mod could very well be re-elected or a new one would take their place.

What say you?

/this thread is brought to you by insomnia

Bufkin 10-28-2015 04:21 AM

Are you suggesting that we vote for Bob Dole's replacement?

kcchiefsus 10-28-2015 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 11843440)

Replace that asshole? Not a bad idea.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-28-2015 05:35 AM

http://cdn.niketalk.com/e/ee/350x700...nhandrub21.gif

SAUTO 10-28-2015 05:36 AM

I think this is ****ing stupid.

Austin OWNS this place, he makes the decisions.

seclark 10-28-2015 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 11843456)

Rausch 10-28-2015 06:17 AM

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/b...qeoto1_500.gif

Quesadilla Joe 10-28-2015 06:19 AM

Hootie for president?

loochy 10-28-2015 06:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 11843457)

Dayze 10-28-2015 06:32 AM

Elect me as a mod, and I'll guarantee free Fresca in the cafeteria.
And Hawaiian shirt Friday's.

FRCDFED 10-28-2015 07:02 AM

Quote:

/thread

Sully 10-28-2015 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 11843472)

You absolutely know what I'm about to ask...

Dayze 10-28-2015 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 11843522)
You absolutely know what I'm about to ask...

I was drunk, and what I remember it only hurt a little.

Dayze 10-28-2015 07:26 AM

Oh wait....the "other question".
I'd say in a given week, I probably only do about 15 minutes of actual work.

Predarat 10-28-2015 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 11843472)

My vote, you have just earned.

Predarat 10-28-2015 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 11843526)

Even better, if I had two votes, I would vote for you twice.

Sully 10-28-2015 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 11843526)

I'm amazed you didn't get the question...

Benefits... will we get French Benefits!!!

Dayze 10-28-2015 07:30 AM

And I promise to tackle the Chiefs Planet deficit of -$3100

Dayze 10-28-2015 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 11843529)
I'm amazed you didn't get the question...

Benefits... will we get French Benefits!!!

LMAO

Shit.

I ****ing love that commercial.

Bob Dole 10-28-2015 07:39 AM

giraffe

cosmo20002 10-28-2015 07:48 AM

Quote:

Could he also be replaced as a poster? Cosmo nominates the little ball of lint I see on the floor to replace him.

Graystoke 10-28-2015 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 11843530)

ROFL

Pasta Little Brioni 10-28-2015 08:45 AM

I nominate Sweet Daddy

Pasta Little Brioni 10-28-2015 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 11843530)

Well **** ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Dave Lane 10-28-2015 08:46 AM

Quote:

It's time, time to send him off in honor while he's still alive to enjoy it.

bevischief 10-28-2015 08:54 AM

He who PM's Bob Dole the most wins.

unlurking 10-28-2015 08:56 AM

Based on recent king of the noobs results, **** no!

Reerun_KC 10-28-2015 09:49 AM

Quote:

Well considering many of us have donated to keep the site up, server costs, etc... That pretty much gives those folks a voice in the matter.

I feel that mods spots should be up for renewal on yearly terms. Reason is simply the human element tends to get in the way of moderation after a period of time.

Some folks cant put there personal differences behind them when it comes to moderation. They abuse their rights and unfairly screw with other posters because of personal feelings.

Yearly terms should be voted on and new folks should have the opportunity to help police the site.

Otherwise we will revert to the Old star board levels or dear lord even the Orange mange...

DaFace 10-28-2015 10:04 AM

My thoughts:
  1. I don't mind the idea and like the concept of cycling people in and out just to get some new perspectives and prevent the direction from going stale. However...
  2. I think it'd be a pretty painful and messy transition if it ever went that way. I think most of the current mods like it for the most part, and it'd be hard to kick someone out just because of this new system when they haven't done anything wrong.
  3. I doubt Kyle has strong feelings one way or another. He's like me in that he likes doing the backend work and likes CP being here for his own entertainment, but prefers to let the place largely run itself.

cosmo20002 10-28-2015 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11843795)
My thoughts:
  1. I don't mind the idea and like the concept of cycling people in and out just to get some new perspectives and prevent the direction from going stale. However...
  2. I think it'd be a pretty painful and messy transition if it ever went that way. I think most of the current mods like it for the most part, and it'd be hard to kick someone out just because of this new system when they haven't done anything wrong.
  3. I doubt Kyle has strong feelings one way or another. He's like me in that he likes doing the backend work and likes CP being here for his own entertainment, but prefers to let the place largely run itself.

Oh, now wouldn't that just be a shame. Can't a have a mod booted for some bullshit reason.

Gonzo 10-28-2015 10:09 AM

You'll never overthrow my Reich. I am your czar, fetch me a fresca.

Reerun_KC 10-28-2015 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11843795)
My thoughts:

I am sure there are plenty of folks that would debate the bolded part.

What if someone wants to be a mod? How can they go about being one?

DaFace 10-28-2015 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 11843812)

Historically, it's largely been just consensus of the existing mods with member input. So if you currently hate the existing group of mods, you're probably out of luck. :D

Reerun_KC 10-28-2015 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11843809)
You'll never overthrow my Reich. I am your czar, fetch me a fresca.

Do you want Fries with that?

Reerun_KC 10-28-2015 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11843820)
Historically, it's largely been just consensus of the existing mods with member input. So if you currently hate the existing group of mods, you're probably out of luck. :D

No I only hate you and Buehler_445...:harumph:

Was just wondering what the protocol was.

Dave Lane 10-28-2015 10:15 AM

What about an up or down vote every two years like they do judges? Might reel in any rogue mods. Fresh blood is normally good.

I'm pretty sure all the mods would be renewed, but it would be epic (and terminally stupid) to let mods run for office like the noob contest, offering bribes and such LMAO

stevieray 10-28-2015 10:16 AM

Bob Dole isnt a moderator.

Bob Dole 10-28-2015 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11843805)
Oh, now wouldn't that just be a shame. Can't a have a mod booted for some bullshit reason.

Heads up, you should probably change your pad. The one you're wearing now is leaking.

DaFace 10-28-2015 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 11843834)
What about an up or down vote every two years like they do judges? Might reel in any rogue mods. Fresh blood is normally good.

I'm pretty sure all the mods would be renewed, but it would be epic (and terminally stupid) to let mods run for office like the noob contest, offering bribes and such LMAO

Yeah, that's the main thing. Unless someone is doing something egregiously bad, I seriously doubt anyone would ever be "voted out."

Pasta Little Brioni 10-28-2015 10:17 AM

I also nominate Reerun

Reerun_KC 10-28-2015 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 11843844)
I also nominate Reerun

What the hell did I miss here?

Bearcat 10-28-2015 10:27 AM

This place once almost voted in luv as a mod.

It's not a terrible idea, but I'd think it would have to be done like it was last time, where AC, the current mods, and maybe even a handful of long time regulars have the final say. Like DaFace said though, I don't know of anyone wanting to get out... not sure we really need another one.

I think DaFace's last thread about the amount of content that turned into a thread about moderation was pretty successful... given the fact that we all work together to form a consensus on issues and none of us are exactly set on doing things one specific way, I'm not sure a "people's mod" would make a much more significant impact than simply having open discussions from time to time.

SAUTO 10-28-2015 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 11843753)
Well considering many of us have donated to keep the site up, server costs, etc... That pretty much gives those folks a voice in the matter.

I feel that mods spots should be up for renewal on yearly terms. Reason is simply the human element tends to get in the way of moderation after a period of time.

Some folks cant put there personal differences behind them when it comes to moderation. They abuse their rights and unfairly screw with other posters because of personal feelings.

Yearly terms should be voted on and new folks should have the opportunity to help police the site.

Otherwise we will revert to the Old star board levels or dear lord even the Orange mange...

you should have gotten that in writing because donating doesnt "pretty much" give anyone a say in anything.

i donated too buddy and the thought that i have a say in it never crossed my mind

SAUTO 10-28-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 11843812)

ask austinchief. again he OWNS the place.

RealSNR 10-28-2015 10:54 AM

There are only so many posters on this forum, and a limited number of them are capable of doing the job of mod.

There's nothing wrong with the mod team as it is. If you want a shot, wait until one of them gets sick of doing the job, then bribe the powers that be to get the position.

KC native 10-28-2015 10:59 AM

I should be made to be a mod. It would provide insta-burst to the entire site.

Eleazar 10-28-2015 11:06 AM

Austin owns this place and the mods serve at his pleasure.

That being said, I think we could use some new blood, both to stay out of personal disputes with posters and board politics and gambling, and to try to improve the tenor of discussion here. I think taking a half a step toward a firmer tack against trolling and serial insulters as well as thread derailment would go a long way to helping bring CP back to being as good a place to be as it once was.

Brock 10-28-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 11843921)

That being said, I think we could use some new blood, both to stay out of personal disputes with posters and board politics and gambling, and to try to improve the tenor of discussion here. I think taking a half a step toward a firmer tack against trolling and serial insulters as well as thread derailment would go a long way to helping bring CP back to being as good a place to be as it once was.

More nostalgia for what never was

Eleazar 10-28-2015 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11843930)
More nostalgia for what never was

Don't you think there used to be a lot smarter football talk around here?

KC native 10-28-2015 11:15 AM

MODS, MAKE ME A MOD FOR MAXIMUM CP BURST! IT WOULD BE AWESOME!

Bearcat 10-28-2015 11:21 AM

Quote:

I don't disagree there, but new mods don't exactly change that... AC asked us to calm down on the bans a while back. We've been doing more lately in terms of banning people from threads, but while I wouldn't say our hands are completely tied, but it's also not our board... new mods aren't exactly going to change that.

I agree with Brock for the most part... I think the "good old days" is more of a product of long time posters growing up and growing tired of the same old shit, not so much the site changing a whole lot. Maybe there's more noise now, and I think some of the anti-trolling/mocking stuff gets out of hand more often these days.

Eleazar 10-28-2015 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11843966)
I don't disagree there, but new mods don't exactly change that... AC asked us to calm down on the bans a while back. We've been doing more lately in terms of banning people from threads, but while I wouldn't say our hands are completely tied, but it's also not our board... new mods aren't exactly going to change that.

I agree with Brock for the most part... I think the "good old days" is more of a product of long time posters growing up and growing tired of the same old shit, not so much the site changing a whole lot. Maybe there's more noise now, and I think some of the anti-trolling/mocking stuff gets out of hand more often these days.

When we had the threads a few weeks/months ago, basically everyone agrees that this place is much more low brow than it used to be. The team hasn't really been competitive since the early 2000s at least, so you can't blame the team. Nothing has changed with the team.

I suppose we can do what we've been doing but I think being more proactive could help. There used to be more collegial debate and higher brow football talk and not just insult fests derailed into 'doesn't matter QB sucks'

Rausch 10-28-2015 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11843809)
You'll never overthrow my Reich. I am your czar,...

First rule of the Reich: NEVER include the ****ing bolsheviks...

Bearcat 10-28-2015 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 11844003)
When we had the threads a few weeks/months ago, basically everyone agrees that this place is much more low brow than it used to be. The team hasn't really been competitive since the early 2000s at least, so you can't blame the team. Nothing has changed with the team.

I suppose we can do what we've been doing but I think being more proactive could help. There used to be more collegial debate and higher brow football talk and not just insult fests derailed into 'doesn't matter QB sucks'

A lot of people have that "good old days" thing... I think there's some truth to it, the board has become a lot bigger, people move on for various reasons, etc. But, I've always taken breaks from this place... game day threads have always been terrible... there have always been trolls... some of the worst posters have been here for years.

Like I said though, I don't disagree that it can't be better... I've always been a fan of removing those who bring absolutely nothing to the table, but 1) it's not my board, 2) my definition will differ from other members.

We have been more active with banning people from threads, but there's still only so much we can do because everyone has a different opinion of what needs to be done. If you read all of the reported posts, I think you'd agree how ridiculous some of them can be... I personally wouldn't mind kicking out all of the chicken littles every time the most clutch team you've ever seen goes down a run, but settle for dumping the worst of it. Hell, we were even going to ban the winner of Douche of the Year for like a week and got overturned.

Reerun_KC 10-28-2015 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11844057)
A lot of people have that "good old days" thing... I think there's some truth to it, the board has become a lot bigger, people move on for various reasons, etc. But, I've always taken breaks from this place... game day threads have always been terrible... there have always been trolls... some of the worst posters have been here for years.

Like I said though, I don't disagree that it can't be better... I've always been a fan of removing those who bring absolutely nothing to the table, but 1) it's not my board, 2) my definition will differ from other members.

We have been more active with banning people from threads, but there's still only so much we can do because everyone has a different opinion of what needs to be done. If you read all of the reported posts, I think you'd agree how ridiculous some of them can be... I personally wouldn't mind kicking out all of the chicken littles every time the most clutch team you've ever seen goes down a run, but settle for dumping the worst of it. Hell, we were even going to ban the winner of Douche of the Year for like a week and got overturned.

What I have noticed lately is that if you don't go along with the popular voice (blame Smith, turn every thread into Smith bashing) then the masses really start to whine to the Mods...

Actual football discussion or discussion about the root of this teams problems are overshadowed by the constant whining of Smith...

Dave Lane 10-28-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 11844072)
What I have noticed lately is that if you don't go along with the popular voice (blame Smith, turn every thread into Smith bashing) then the masses really start to whine to the Mods...

Actual football discussion or discussion about the root of this teams problems are overshadowed by the constant whining of Smith...

Its like a black fly in your chardonnay...

KC native 10-28-2015 12:15 PM

Seriously, if you guys would just make me a mod then I would have this site turned around in about 30 minutes.

Bearcat 10-28-2015 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 11844072)

Coming from someone whose 50k posts can be condensed into about twenty. Tell us again about 3 point defense or Andy Reid.

Reerun_KC 10-28-2015 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11844091)
Coming from someone whose 50k posts can be condensed into about twenty. Tell us again about 3 point defense or Andy Reid.

Yet you can condense the whole site and the last 4,567,765,332,456,789,543,546,789 posts into one post that says Alex Smith sucks. Some riveting football discussion we have here...

Yet, question Andy Reids play calling or game mgmt. or heaven forbid replace Andy Reid.... Meltdown....

Iowanian 10-28-2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11843907)
I should be made to be a mod. It would provide insta-burst to the entire site.

I'll just throw this out there. Anyone who wants to be a mod, probably shouldn't be.
It's a crap, thankless job.

If a douchebag like Native is a mod, I'll be done here.

KC native 10-28-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 11844102)
I'll just throw this out there. Anyone who wants to be a mod, probably shouldn't be.
It's a crap, thankless job.

See. Just the possibility of me becoming a mod would improve the site.

Bearcat 10-28-2015 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 11844099)
Yet you can condense the whole site and the last 4,567,765,332,456,789,543,546,789 posts into one post that says Alex Smith sucks. Some riveting football discussion we have here...

Yet, question Andy Reids play calling or game mgmt. or heaven forbid replace Andy Reid.... Meltdown....

Thanks in advance for being part of the solution... maybe use red text or something when you finally decide to contribute something.

Iowanian 10-28-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11844106)
See. Just the possibility of me becoming a mod would improve the site.

I'm certain you would be about as good at being a mod as keeping a happy wife.

cosmo20002 10-28-2015 12:37 PM

Quote:

So they're pleasuring him? That explains a few things.

Reerun_KC 10-28-2015 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11844114)
Thanks in advance for being part of the solution... maybe use red text or something when you finally decide to contribute something.

Ill do my best, you're welcome!

Alex Smith Sucks!

KC native 10-28-2015 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 11844119)
I'm certain you would be about as good at being a mod as keeping a happy wife.

I would be the most awesome mod ever.

You would still be a shit-tier poster that googles jokes.

cosmo20002 10-28-2015 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 11844102)

I second the Native nomination.

DaNewGuy 10-28-2015 12:43 PM

Native's love of TCU is his only drawback.

Iowanian 10-28-2015 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11844133)

May your FUPA reduction surgery be successful.

KC native 10-28-2015 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaNewGuy (Post 11844136)
Native's love of TCU is his only drawback.

:thumb: Sorry, not sorry. I graduated from there.

KC native 10-28-2015 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11844133)

SEE! I'M A UNITER!

TimBone 10-28-2015 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 11844080)
Its like a black fly in your chardonnay...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11844091)

I started a similar response, but decided to let it go. I'm glad you guys put it out there, though.

Mr. Plow 10-28-2015 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11844114)

LMAO

Brock 10-28-2015 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 11844003)

Nothing has changed with the team. Exactly. The same arguments have been had here for 15 years. I can remember back on the old star board that people used to point out grbac isn't very good and why do we keep trading for backup qbs, and people would rage on about how drafting a qb is too risky.

Nothing has changed. The same things keep happening over and over again. If you want to remember it differently, it's fine. That's how I remember it.

Fire Me Boy! 10-28-2015 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 11843834)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11843843)
Yeah, that's the main thing. Unless someone is doing something egregiously bad, I seriously doubt anyone would ever be "voted out."

Would never work without transparency from the mod team. Unless the discussions where opinions and actions were publicly known, how would anyone know who the "bad" mods are?

Hydrae 10-28-2015 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 11843945)
MODS, MAKE ME A MOD FOR MAXIMUM CP BURST! IT WOULD BE AWESOME!

Hey Mods, I think he is asking for a name change to something like KC Burster. :)

SAUTO 10-28-2015 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11844177)
Nothing has changed with the team. Exactly. The same arguments have been had here for 15 years. I can remember back on the old star board that people used to point out grbac isn't very good and why do we keep trading for backup qbs, and people would rage on about how drafting a qb is too risky.

Nothing has changed. The same things keep happening over and over again. If you want to remember it differently, it's fine. That's how I remember it.

even most people who didnt think it was the qb are now saying it is the qb

Bearcat 10-28-2015 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11844220)
Would never work without transparency from the mod team. Unless the discussions where opinions and actions were publicly known, how would anyone know who the "bad" mods are?

In what ways should we be more transparent?

KC native 10-28-2015 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11844246)

By making me a mod.

Sunshine is the best disinfectant and I'm a huge ball of sunshine. :D

TimBone 10-28-2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11844246)

We're all gonna need access to the mod lounge.