ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   WalterFootball mocks 2016 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=295341)

the Talking Can 10-14-2015 01:26 PM

WalterFootball mocks 2016

Because it's never too early...

Oct. 10

Quote:

3. Kansas City Chiefs: Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Mi...State_logo.gif

The Alex Smith experiment has to end now. Smith's struggles haven't all been his fault, but it's clear by now that he's not the answer. He is a weak-armed quarterback who never takes chances downfield. Kansas City needs to move on from him.

I keep bouncing back and forth between Connor Cook and and Jared Goff as the No. 1 quarterback. Goff just had a poor showing, so I'll move Cook into the top spot, though it's 50-50 right now. Cook has some accuracy and consistency issues that NFL teams are legitimately worried about.

Quote:

34. Kansas City Chiefs: Jerald Hawkins, OT, LSU

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/LSU_logo.gif

Like the Jaguars, Kansas City could be moving on from its 2013 first-round choice. Eric Fisher not only has been terrible; he's been a wuss as well, failing to play through simple injuries.

Quote:

66. Kansas City Chiefs: Landon Turner, G, North Carolina

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/No...olina_logo.gif

Back-to-back offensive linemen for a head coach who loves bolstering the trenches? Makes sense to me. The Chiefs, as mentioned earlier, need major upgrades up front.

the Talking Can 10-14-2015 01:27 PM

Other QBs in first 2 rounds:

Quote:

4. Chicago Bears: Jared Goff, QB, California

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/California_logo.gif

It's either a quarterback or a blue-chip defender like Jalen Ramsey for the Bears. The conservative John Fox may push for Ramsey or another defensive player, but I think Chicago ultimately has to take a potential franchise signal-caller. Jay Cutler's days in Chicago are numbered, so the Bears need to start over and rebuild. They can do that by drafting Jared Goff.

With Cardale Jones struggling at times, and Christian Hackenberg falling off, Jared Goff has become the top signal-caller in this class along with Connor Cook, despite the weird offense he plays in. Goff has actually been pretty decent thus far prior to this past Saturday. There are concerns with him, but Charlie Campbell noted that NFL personnel weren't too concerned with his recent showing.
Quote:

11. Cleveland Browns: Cardale Jones, QB, Ohio State

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/OhioState_logo.gif

You know those Geico "It's What You Do" commercials? Well, they could easily do one for desperate NFL teams because they reach for quarterbacks. It's what they do. And it's hard to blame them, either, given the state the league is in. If you don't have a quarterback, you're screwed.

The Browns most certainly don't have one, and no, Johnny Manziel is not the answer. Cardale Jones could be, and I'm sure the Browns would be interested in having a local kid be their savior, though I'm not sure that's the best idea. Jones has been through an up-and-down season thus far, and I didn't even include him in my mock updates the past couple of weeks because I thought he'd go back to school. However, he has put together some solid performances recently, so I think he's back in top-15 discussion based on his potential.

Quote:

36. Houston Texans: Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/PennState_logo.gif

Three games shouldn't drop a prospect a whole round, but my premise behind slotting Christian Hackenberg in the top five was that he would go that high if he put together a strong 2015 campaign. It doesn't look like that's going to happen now, so it's realistic could drop to the second day. If so, I'm sure the Texans would take a chance on him, given that Bill O'Brien got the most out of him when he was at Penn State

The Franchise 10-14-2015 01:37 PM

I want Will Fuller in the 2nd. Perfect #2 WR in this offense.

Bewbies 10-15-2015 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11802004)
I want Will Fuller in the 2nd. Perfect #2 WR in this offense.

Isn't that Conley?

The Franchise 10-15-2015 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 11805505)
Isn't that Conley?

Will Fuller actually produced in college.

jd1020 10-16-2015 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11805545)
Will Fuller actually produced in college.

Unless his production translates to a combine showstopper then I don't think he's what we are looking for.

The Franchise 10-16-2015 10:36 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K56_UVCqABo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bring in a QB that can throw the deep ball.......and surround him with Maclin, Conley and Fuller.

Coochie liquor 10-17-2015 10:51 AM

Walter must not know our qb history. As much as I'd love it, I doubt we actually pull the trigger on one.

GloucesterChief 10-17-2015 01:22 PM

I would take Lynch over Cook and Goff.

jonzie04 10-17-2015 04:12 PM

Sounds like Lynch tore it up today, good... The more options we have at QB the more likely we are to draft one. He's been the number 2 QB on Kipers big board for a few weeks now. I wonder if he'll move him up over Goff, after Goffs last performance, and Lynchs performance today.

The Franchise 10-20-2015 01:24 PM

Updated:

1. Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State
2. Germain Ifedi, OT/G, Texas A&M
3. Landon Turner, G, North Carolina

RealSNR 10-20-2015 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11819099)
Updated:

1. Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State
2. Germain Ifedi, OT/G, Texas A&M
3. Landon Turner, G, North Carolina

I'd be fine with drafting nothing but fatties from the 2nd round on as long as we get the QB in round 1.

Hell, draft'em all in 2017 for all I care!

Just get us a QB.

the Talking Can 10-20-2015 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 11819107)
I'd be fine with drafting nothing but fatties from the 2nd round on as long as we get the QB in round 1.

Hell, draft'em all in 2017 for all I care!

Just get us a QB.

agreed..i also think getting our brand spankin new qb a young wr would be smart, especially with charles career looking done

KC_Lee 10-20-2015 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 11819514)
agreed..i also think getting our brand spankin new qb a young wr would be smart, especially with charles career looking done

And watch us draft a RB with our first pick, T in the second, DL in the third, G in the forth, and some scrub QB from some directional school in round five. All while Goff or Cook are still on the board.

You know this is how it's going to play out.

The Franchise 10-20-2015 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 11819514)

Will Fuller

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-20-2015 05:43 PM

Lynch, Hogan, Goff, or Cook.

I'm entertaining no other takers at this point. And **** drafting a QB from Penn State just because.

ILChief 10-20-2015 08:40 PM

I would love it

Saccopoo 10-20-2015 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11820964)
Lynch, Hogan, Goff, or Cook.

I'm entertaining no other takers at this point. And **** drafting a QB from Penn State just because.

I'd also look at Carson Wentz as a secondary pick in the 2016 draft. Pretty good tools. 6'5", 230 lb.

Big, athletic, plants well and steps into his throws. Nice arm.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rm7Kf4AzyNs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GloucesterChief 10-20-2015 10:11 PM

If Gabe Marks from Washington State comes out we should take a look at him in the later rounds. Runs good routes, quick, will make the tough catch, doesn't shy away from contact, and attacks the ball aggressively for the catch.

His only downside is he is smaller being 6'0" and 190 or so.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-21-2015 03:47 AM

Well, the lad can read a blitz. That's very helpful.

Dave Lane 10-21-2015 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Williams (Post 11821760)
Well, the lad can read a blitz. That's very helpful.

So can Alex just not successfully

the Talking Can 10-28-2015 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 11801982)
Other QBs in first 2 rounds:

even dropping to 9th in the draft, he has us with the same players in his latest update, but QBs have moved a lot:

6. Houston Texans: Jared Goff, QB, California
7. Cleveland Browns: Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis
9. Kansas City Chiefs: Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State
48. Washington Redskins: Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State

the Talking Can 10-28-2015 11:25 AM

p.s.

beating the steelers was a terrible idea

The Franchise 10-28-2015 11:26 AM

If we miss out on Goff or Lynch.....I'm going to be pissed. I want no part of Cook.

jonzie04 10-28-2015 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11843979)
If we miss out on Goff or Lynch.....I'm going to be pissed. I want no part of Cook.

I actually like Cook, but definitely not at number 9 with what kind kind of talent still on board. Hargreaves could still be there, Myles Jack, and Jaylon Smith. At that point I'd take one of those guys, and then Whatever QB was left in the 2nd. Cook, Hogan, Wentz. But yeah, ultimately i'd rather have a shot at Goff or Lynch as well.

kccrow 10-29-2015 07:30 AM

If KC finishes with a record that drops them down in the draft some, they still need to grow some balls and trade way up for a QB. **** the ineptness of this franchise. If they can trade up for that failure of a defensive tackle from North Carolina they brought in many a year ago (no, I can't remember his name), then they sure as **** can trade up for a QB.

Discuss Thrower 10-29-2015 01:47 PM

Ryan Sims. Dude owes half his contract money to Julius Peppers

kccrow 10-30-2015 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11847358)
Ryan Sims. Dude owes half his contract money to Julius Peppers

Ahhh yes, thank you. Wow this franchise was terrible at drafting defensive tackles for a while.

ILChief 10-31-2015 11:38 AM

We aren't drafting a QB in round one

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-01-2015 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 11851575)
We aren't drafting a QB in round one

That would be unfortunate.

Or liberating.

GloucesterChief 11-01-2015 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Whiner (Post 11856887)
That would be unfortunate.

Or liberating.

If you aren't getting Lynch or Goff, I don't think there is another 1st rd QB.

I know some people here love Hogan but as a Pac12 fan he is a taller and somewhat stronger armed Smith. He has very little touch, is inaccurate, and can't throw on the run.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-01-2015 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 11857093)

I know some people here love Hogan but as a Pac12 fan he is a taller and somewhat stronger armed Smith. He has very little touch, is inaccurate, and can't throw on the run.

And this is why the complete and utter destruction of the trivial, short-sighted, and immediate gratification needs of Lil' Chiefy must come to pass.

Only through the downfall of the ReidSmith will Dorsey gain absolute power over the Chiefs and guide them in to the golden dawn of a new age.

Fear not child; the donkey cometh with burning rage and fury to right this wayward ship.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-01-2015 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief (Post 11857093)

And this is why the complete and utter destruction of the trivial, short-sighted, and immediate gratification needs of Lil' Chiefy must come to pass.

Only through the downfall of the ReidSmith will Dorsey gain absolute power over the Chiefs and guide them in to the golden dawn of a new age.

Fear not child; the donkey cometh with burning rage and fury to right this wayward ship.

royr17 11-04-2015 01:32 PM

Oct 3rd Update

11. Kansas City Chiefs: Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State
Kansas City could be moving on from its 2013 first-round choice. Eric Fisher not only has been terrible; he's been a wuss as well, failing to play through simple injuries. Andy Reid loves to bolster the trenches, so I have to believe that he'll target a lineman early.

Pick change; previously Connor Cook, QB

41. Kansas City Chiefs: Jacoby Brissett, QB, N.C. State
Andy Reid is a very stubborn individual, but even he has to admit that the Alex Smith experiment is failing. The Chiefs, barring some sort of inexplicable second-half surge, almost have to give up on Smith this offseason. If so, they'll target a quarterback early in the 2016 NFL Draft.

Pick change; previously Germain Ifedi, OT/G

74. Kansas City Chiefs: Landon Turner, G, North Carolina
Back-to-back offensive linemen for a head coach who loves bolstering the trenches? Makes sense to me. The Chiefs, as mentioned earlier, need major upgrades up front.

the Talking Can 01-11-2016 03:18 PM

1/7

Kansas City Chiefs: Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA

Andy Reid loves bolstering the trenches. I've had him taking an offensive lineman all this time, but he could also find someone for his defensive front. Jaye Howard and Mike DeVito have both been outstanding this season, but they also happen to be impending free agents. It'll be difficult to keep both around.

Kansas City Chiefs: Kentrell Brothers, LB, Missouri

Derrick Johnson's return to the lineup has been huge for Kansas City's defense, but the team has a weakness right next to Johnson. Also, it needs to be considered that Johnson just turned 33, so he doesn't have many dominant years left.

Kansas City Chiefs: Leonte Carroo, WR, Rutgers

The Chiefs need a receiver besides Jeremy Maclin. When Maclin left the game against the Chargers, the offense looked pretty lost for a while.

Kansas City Chiefs: Kyle Murphy, OT, Stanford

The Chiefs extended Jah Reid for some reason, but they'll still target a blocker in the middle rounds to shore up their offensive line depth.

The Franchise 01-11-2016 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 12019400)
1/7

Kansas City Chiefs: Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA

Andy Reid loves bolstering the trenches. I've had him taking an offensive lineman all this time, but he could also find someone for his defensive front. Jaye Howard and Mike DeVito have both been outstanding this season, but they also happen to be impending free agents. It'll be difficult to keep both around.

Kansas City Chiefs: Kentrell Brothers, LB, Missouri

Derrick Johnson's return to the lineup has been huge for Kansas City's defense, but the team has a weakness right next to Johnson. Also, it needs to be considered that Johnson just turned 33, so he doesn't have many dominant years left.

Kansas City Chiefs: Leonte Carroo, WR, Rutgers

The Chiefs need a receiver besides Jeremy Maclin. When Maclin left the game against the Chargers, the offense looked pretty lost for a while.

Kansas City Chiefs: Kyle Murphy, OT, Stanford

The Chiefs extended Jah Reid for some reason, but they'll still target a blocker in the middle rounds to shore up their offensive line depth.

Jaylon Smith falls to #21. If that happens....we'd better trade up for him.

Saccopoo 01-12-2016 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12019403)

Trade up for a MLB?

Are you ****ing high?

The Franchise 01-12-2016 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 12020690)
Trade up for a MLB?

Are you ****ing high?

Yeah. We should totally pass on a top 5 talent for a mediocre OG/OT.

DJ's left nut 01-12-2016 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12019403)

Same thing I thought when I saw that mock.

If we could move up to get him, snag him in the late first where we'd still have the 5th year option to essentially 'buy' that rehab year back and get the next Luke Kuechly in the late 1st, it would be a coup on par with Houston falling.

The kid is going to be an absolute stud at the next level. There's nothing on the field he can't do well. And if you could get him alongside DJ for a season or two, the amount of knowledge he could get from him would set him up for a truly special career, IMO.

The Franchise 01-12-2016 11:02 AM

Say it takes our 3rd to move up for Smith.

Then give me this.

21. Jaylon Smith, ILB, Notre Dame
58. Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia
122. Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State

DJ's left nut 01-12-2016 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12021051)
Say it takes our 3rd to move up for Smith.

Then give me this.

21. Jaylon Smith, ILB, Notre Dame
58. Maurice Canady, CB, Virginia
122. Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State

It'd probably take next year's second.

To get up to 20 (if he were there, I'd have to make the move up at that point), we're talking potentially 12 spots. That's going to take more than a 3rd. Hell, if we won the SB and were sitting at the ass end of the draft, it may take a 3rd this year AND next year's second.

There aren't a lot of recent analogues. The Broncos moved up by giving up a 5th and a starting G. The Saints gave up a 3rd to get from 27 to 20 in 2014 so that's pretty close. Maybe a 3rd this year and a 4th next year? 3rd next year?

I don't think I can talk myself into giving up the 2nd but it would depend on how much I like the remaining options on the board. I think this draft thins out a lot around 20 so it may be worthwhile.

jonzie04 01-13-2016 03:16 AM

Jaylon is a stud. I'd move up to 21 for him in a heartbeat.

Halfcan 01-13-2016 09:59 AM

I trust Walter the D-Bag's mock draft as much as his awesome gambling picks.

milkman 01-13-2016 11:42 AM

These mocks might have some merit when these stupid ****s finally learn that Dorsey, not Reid, is running the draft.

the Talking Can 01-17-2016 08:21 PM

1/14

28. Kansas City Chiefs: Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama

59. Kansas City Chiefs: Kentrell Brothers, LB, Missouri

91. Kansas City Chiefs: Leonte Carroo, WR, Rutgers

The Franchise 01-21-2016 12:36 PM

Updated 1/20/16

Quote:

28. Jonathan Bullard, DE, Florida

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/w7Xff_dZ304" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quote:

59. Kentrell Brothers, LB, Missouri

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pszx3dEl0I0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quote:

91. Leonte Carroo, WR, Rutgers

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Cy5Xta4AsUM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quote:

123. Victor Ochi, DE/OLB, Stony Brook

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GcL2y4fOwZA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tamba Hali's contract is expiring. If the Chiefs let him go, allowing Dee Ford to step in, depth will be needed at outside linebacker.

staylor26 01-21-2016 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12042753)
Updated 1/20/16

Just finished watching Bullard last night. He would be an excellent replacement for Howard. Very disruptive.

I'm right there with you on Jaylon. If he's anywhere close to our pick we need to make a trade. Same with Jack. Miller would be a fantastic mid round WR for us with some upside.

the Talking Can 03-08-2016 10:53 AM

charlie campbell's version...walter updates today

the combine has finally shaken up their boards:

28. Kansas City Chiefs: Darron Lee, LB, Ohio State

The Chiefs don't have a lot of needs, but one area Kansas City could improve would be an inside linebacker. Derrick Johnson is aging, and the team's other linebackers are nothing special. Lee could be excellent in Kansas City's defense.

In 2015, Lee totaled 66 tackles with 11 for a loss, 4.5 sacks, two passes broken up, two forced fumbles and one interception - returned 41 yards for a touchdown. The 6-foot-1, 232-pounder was the Buckeyes' replacement for Ryan Shazier in 2014, and while Lee wasn't as good as Shazier, Lee had a superb debut for Ohio State with plenty of upside to make strides in the future. He totaled 81 tackles with 16.5 tackles for a loss, three passes broken up, two interceptions and 7.5 sacks for the season. Lee had a great combine performance with a lightning 4.47-second time in the 40-yard dash and a strong showing in the field work.

59. Kansas City Chiefs: Sheldon Day, DL, Notre Dame

The Chiefs grab a young five-technique. Mike DeVito turns 32 after this season, and it would make sense to continue to add talent to their front seven considering the age of Tamba Hali.

Day recorded 45 tackles, 15.5 for a loss, four sacks, two forced fumbles and four passes batted in 2015. He was very impressive and disruptive for Notre Dame. The 6-foot, 286-pounder was a disruptive presence for the Fighting Irish in 2014, totaling 40 tackles with 7.5 for a loss, one sack, two forced fumbles and two passes batted. He played better than the numbers indicate, too.

Day has some natural strength and athleticism to him. Throughout the Senior Bowl, he fired into the backfield and showed once again that he is a disruptive force.

91. Kansas City Chiefs: Joshua Garnett, G, Stanford

The Chiefs grab some offensive line talent. They could use more competition at guard or tackle

The 6-foot-5, 321-pound Garnett was a power blocker for the Cardinal. He played really well in 2015, displaying the strength to move defenders at the point attack. Garnett was reliable in pass protection as well. He had decent performances at the Senior Bowl and combine.

123. Kansas City Chiefs: Joe Dahl, OT/G, Washington State

The Chiefs continue to build up their offensive line competition. They could use more talent at guard and tackle.

Dahl broke into the lineup as a sophomore starter at guard, but he played left tackle for Washington State in his final two seasons. In the Cougars' offense, Dahl got a lot of preparation for blocking in pass protection on the edge.

The 6-foot-3, 299-pounder is undersized and really struggled at the Senior Bowl. He was slow and defenders were overpowering him. Dahl looks like a guard rather than a tackle for the NFL.

the Talking Can 03-24-2016 11:18 PM

28. Kansas City Chiefs: Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis

Whoa! There aren't many mock drafts that have this happening, and probably for good reason. It's still a possibility, however, if history is any sort of indication.

Alex Smith is 31. That's not old for a quarterback by any means, but Donovan McNabb was 31 as well when Andy Reid spent the 36th pick in the 2007 NFL Draft on Kevin Kolb. And according to my nifty Windows 10 calculator, that's just eight selections later than this one. Could history repeat itself, especially if Reid likes Lynch and is shocked to see him fall like this? Absolutely! I'm not saying it will happen, but it definitely could.

Pick change; previously Vernon Butler, DE/DT

59. Kansas City Chiefs: Blake Martinez, LB, Stanford

Derrick Johnson's return to the lineup has been huge for Kansas City's defense, but the team has a weakness right next to Johnson. Also, it needs to be considered that Johnson just turned 33, so he doesn't have many dominant years left

126. Kansas City Chiefs: Kyle Murphy, OT, Stanford

Andy Reid may panic at this juncture, realizing that he hasn't addressed his offensive line yet. He'll need someone to push the mediocre Eric Fisher.

Pick change; previously Spencer Drango, OT

staylor26 03-25-2016 12:07 AM

Lynch...love it

Martinez in the 2nd though? Puke.

Mr_Tomahawk 03-25-2016 07:55 AM

Make it happen!

The Franchise 03-31-2016 01:59 PM

As of 3/30:

28. Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis
Whoa! There aren't many mock drafts that have this happening, and probably for good reason. It's still a possibility, however, if history is any sort of indication.

Alex Smith is 31. That's not old for a quarterback by any means, but Donovan McNabb was 31 as well when Andy Reid spent the 36th pick in the 2007 NFL Draft on Kevin Kolb. And according to my nifty Windows 10 calculator, that's just eight selections later than this one. Could history repeat itself, especially if Reid likes Lynch and is shocked to see him fall like this? Absolutely! I'm not saying it will happen, but it definitely could.

59. Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma
The Chiefs need a capable receiver besides Jeremy Maclin. When Maclin left the game against the Chargers, the offense looked pretty lost for a while.

126. Sebastian Tretola, G, Arkansas
Andy Reid may panic at this juncture, realizing that he hasn't addressed his offensive line yet. They need guard help in the wake of Jeff Allen's departure.

162. De'Vondre Campbell, LB, Minnesota

165. Briean Boddy-Calhoun, CB, Minnesota
The Chiefs haven't addressed their secondary yet. It's not an area of need, but they could stand to add more depth.

Halfcan 03-31-2016 02:19 PM

**** Walter football. Probably still pissed at all the money they lost betting against last year.

staylor26 03-31-2016 07:21 PM

Every time I see mocks with "Andy Reid blah blah blah", I get annoyed as shit.

When will these ****ers learn that Dorsey is the guy making the personell decisions?

kccrow 03-31-2016 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12158413)
Every time I see mocks with "Andy Reid blah blah blah", I get annoyed as shit.

When will these ****ers learn that Dorsey is the guy making the personell decisions?

LOL. Expecting Walter to learn anything is an exercise in futility.

RealSNR 03-31-2016 07:32 PM

Dorsey can't help but double-dip on players from that fierce, tough, and vaunted Minnesota Gophers football program LMAO

staylor26 03-31-2016 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 12158419)
LOL. Expecting Walter to learn anything is an exercise in futility.

Lol it's not just him though. There's even some that I actually respect that do it. :facepalm:

O.city 03-31-2016 08:41 PM

Switch out lynch for WJIII and that would be a tits draft

RunKC 03-31-2016 08:59 PM

I hate every pick after Lych. I like Shepard but he wouldn't play much if any this year.

This is a damn good defensive draft with depth everywhere but OLB. Stock the **** up

CoMoChief 03-31-2016 10:01 PM

3 main reasons why CB is the most important position heading into the draft:

1. Lack of quality depth at the position. God help this team if Peters goes down w/ an injury and misses a couple wks (or perhaps more). Sean Smith is a Raider and where in the hell was 3rd rd pick Steven Nelson last season? Guy was invisible last season. Then you have Gaines, who is so injury prone that you can't help but to think he's going to get injured at some point in the season for a significant amount of time. Do Reid and Dorsey really think he's ready to take over as the #2? Surely not. I would hope not. The Chiefs resigned Flemming. He's nothing better than a 3 or 4 corner in dime/quarter packages.

2. Justin Houston's absence. He's going to miss the season, or at least a good portion of it by the time he's back at 100% taking full contact. I just don't think there's any way Reid and Dorsey rush his recovery. They'l allow him to take his time to fully recover. Having that said while Houston is gone our pass rush is going to suffer a great deal unless Dee Ford just suddenly turns it on and Hali dials up some old man strength. The better the front 7 does the better the secondary will be. Not having Houston will result in our db's covering more ground for more seconds, giving QB's more time to find their receivers.

3. The Raiders and Chargers will be better next season. Peyton Manning is no longer a thorn in the Chiefs' side, but Denver still has Thomas at WR, and Rivers will get Keenan Allen and others back and Derek Carr/Raiders are getting better, and they've probably had the best offseason thus far. If they hit a couple HR's in the draft they might be a force to deal with. Cooper will be better and Crabtree is probably the best #2 WR in the NFL. I fully believe in countering other divisional rivals moves. If the division improves at QB and WR, then you have to draft pass rushers and DB's. Off topic here, but this is a make or break yr for Dee Ford. Chiefs will soon have to make the choice if they plan on having him in their future plans. Other than a couple games, he's pretty much been a dud. Looks like he'll get his chance this season to prove people wrong.

staylor26 03-31-2016 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 12158723)
3 main reasons why CB is the most important position heading into the draft:

1. Lack of quality depth at the position. God help this team if Peters goes down w/ an injury and misses a couple wks (or perhaps more). Sean Smith is a Raider and where in the hell was 3rd rd pick Steven Nelson last season? Guy was invisible last season. Then you have Gaines, who is so injury prone that you can't help but to think he's going to get injured at some point in the season for a significant amount of time. Do Reid and Dorsey really think he's ready to take over as the #2? Surely not. I would hope not. The Chiefs resigned Flemming. He's nothing better than a 3 or 4 corner in dime/quarter packages.

2. Justin Houston's absence. He's going to miss the season, or at least a good portion of it by the time he's back at 100% taking full contact. I just don't think there's any way Reid and Dorsey rush his recovery. They'l allow him to take his time to fully recover. Having that said while Houston is gone our pass rush is going to suffer a great deal unless Dee Ford just suddenly turns it on and Hali dials up some old man strength. The better the front 7 does the better the secondary will be. Not having Houston will result in our db's covering more ground for more seconds, giving QB's more time to find their receivers.

3. The Raiders and Chargers will be better next season. Peyton Manning is no longer a thorn in the Chiefs' side, but Denver still has Thomas at WR, and Rivers will get Keenan Allen and others back and Derek Carr/Raiders are getting better, and they've probably had the best offseason thus far. If they hit a couple HR's in the draft they might be a force to deal with. Cooper will be better and Crabtree is probably the best #2 WR in the NFL. I fully believe in countering other divisional rivals moves. If the division improves at QB and WR, then you have to draft pass rushers and DB's. Off topic here, but this is a make or break yr for Dee Ford. Chiefs will soon have to make the choice if they plan on having him in their future plans. Other than a couple games, he's pretty much been a dud. Looks like he'll get his chance this season to prove people wrong.

Did you miss Dorsey say he "absolutely" expects to have Houston back early?

DJ's left nut 04-01-2016 12:13 PM

CoMo misses pretty much everything.

After CoMo's prognosticating, I'm not convinced that Gaines will be healthy all year, Houston will be at full speed by October and the Raiders will go 4-12.

If CoMo believes something, it's best to believe the opposite. Every few years there's a thread created of his greatest hits and its uncanny how universally inaccurate the guy is.

The Franchise 04-01-2016 12:54 PM

I'm picking like this....and I'm giving our 3rd rounder back....and taking away a 5th.

1. Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis
2. Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma
3. Artie Burns, CB, Miami
4. K.J. Dillon, S, West Virginia
5. Landon Turner, G, North Carolina

staylor26 04-01-2016 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12159309)
I'm picking like this....and I'm giving our 3rd rounder back....and taking away a 5th.

1. Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis
2. Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma
3. Artie Burns, CB, Miami
4. K.J. Dillon, S, West Virginia
5. Landon Turner, G, North Carolina

I'd JIMP, but Burns won't make it out the 2nd IMO.

O.city 04-01-2016 01:42 PM

I feel like I've jumped the fence, but I'd rather go elsewhere in the first than lynch.

Love the sheppard puck, I think he'd be the 2nd best wr on our squad from day 1.

jonzie04 04-01-2016 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12159382)
I'd JIMP, but Burns won't make it out the 2nd IMO.

seems like a pipe dream, though stranger things have happened.

staylor26 04-01-2016 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 12159412)
seems like a pipe dream, though stranger things have happened.

He's Mayock's #3 CB.

Daniel Jeremiah has us taking him in the 1st in his latest mock.

Matt Miller claims 3 teams have Burns ahead of Alexander with a late 1st round grade.

A lot of signs pointing to him being an early 2nd rounder at worst. If he's sitting there at our 2nd, I'm taking him before I take a WR (assuming we don't take a corner in the 1st).

O.city 04-01-2016 03:20 PM

Guys like burns that climb once the pro days and combine scare me a little. He is pretty raw to expect to step in and play that well right away.

I am not against drafting him but it's a little scary.

I think my cb preference would be

Jackson
Apple
Alexander

Burns

RealSNR 04-01-2016 03:39 PM

Can see a lot of people calling Burns a bust when he doesn't get on the field his rookie year just like Nelson

O.city 04-01-2016 03:41 PM

I like Alexander alot. Student of the game, physical, smart etc.

I think he'd be good accross from peters

staylor26 04-01-2016 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12159510)
Guys like burns that climb once the pro days and combine scare me a little. He is pretty raw to expect to step in and play that well right away.

I am not against drafting him but it's a little scary.

I think my cb preference would be

Jackson
Apple
Alexander

Burns

But is he climbing after the combine/pro day, or is the media just now starting to catch on to how NFL teams view him?

I don't know what we could have learned from the combine/pro day that we didn't know already.

Him running in the low 4.4s surprised nobody in NFL circles. He's a track star going back to HS.

The bottom line is when NFL coaches/personell guys see a long CB with great speed, and ball skills, they trust their ability to develop him. Especially in a scheme like ours.

The past 10 years, I've watched Hurricanes prospect after hurricanes prospect go on to have much better NFL careers than college, and this guy is near the top of the list. The coaching this guy will receive from Al Harris and Emmit Thomas is immensely better than what he received at Miami, and he will be better from that alone day 1.

staylor26 04-01-2016 06:25 PM

To be clear though, I would still take Alexander if I had my choice.

O.city 04-01-2016 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12159738)
But is he climbing after the combine/pro day, or is the media just now starting to catch on to how NFL teams view him?

I don't know what we could have learned from the combine/pro day that we didn't know already.

Him running in the low 4.4s surprised nobody in NFL circles. He's a track star going back to HS.

The bottom line is when NFL coaches/personell guys see a long CB with great speed, and ball skills, they trust their ability to develop him. Especially in a scheme like ours.

The past 10 years, I've watched Hurricanes prospect after hurricanes prospect go on to have much better NFL careers than college, and this guy is near the top of the list. The coaching this guy will receive from Al Harris and Emmit Thomas is immensely better than what he received at Miami, and he will be better from that alone day 1.

Not of that is wrong, but that's the kind of prospect I'd feel more comfortable with taking round 2 or 3.

Big floor ceiling difference for a first rounder

DJ's left nut 04-05-2016 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12159806)
Not of that is wrong, but that's the kind of prospect I'd feel more comfortable with taking round 2 or 3.

This is often the spot-on difference between a first and second rounder. Oftentimes a second round guy will have the same ceiling as a first rounder, but a much lower floor.

That's why there was so much railing against the Mitch Morse pick; it didn't fit the conventional mold of a second round pick. He was a safer pick that didn't have that big-time upside you often see in 2nd rounders (well, at least he didn't appear to at the time).

Burns looks to me like a dead-on mid-2nd. The problem is that he'll almost certainly be gone before we get a shot at him in the late 2nd. And as I've said many times over - I'm hugely opposed to trade-downs out of the first unless you can get at least a 2nd for your troubles because I think the value of that 5th year option is enormous given the rise in the FA $$ pool and salary floor that keeps the market flush in cash every year.

If some team wanted to jump from the early 2nd into the late 1st to try to snag Paxton Lynch away from Denver, A) I'd be tempted to just take Lynch but B) if they'd give me next year's 2nd and a 4th this season, I'd consider it. I wouldn't take anything less than that though and I'd be very reluctant to move down more than 10 spots.

If I can't get that, the question is whether or not I like Burns enough to decide that he's worth the 'reach' knowing that I won't get him otherwise. For me the answer is probably not, but it would depend on how the board has gone to that point. At this point it would be virtually impossible to convince me to go DL in the first; just too much depth there. If the other guys I really like are gone by the end of the 1st, I could potentially talk myself into it.

I still think I'd prefer Fuller though, provided that the medicals check out and I'm convinced injuries messed up his '15.

O.city 04-05-2016 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12164877)
This is often the spot-on difference between a first and second rounder. Oftentimes a second round guy will have the same ceiling as a first rounder, but a much lower floor.

That's why there was so much railing against the Mitch Morse pick; it didn't fit the conventional mold of a second round pick. He was a safer pick that didn't have that big-time upside you often see in 2nd rounders (well, at least he didn't appear to at the time).

Burns looks to me like a dead-on mid-2nd. The problem is that he'll almost certainly be gone before we get a shot at him in the late 2nd. And as I've said many times over - I'm hugely opposed to trade-downs out of the first unless you can get at least a 2nd for your troubles because I think the value of that 5th year option is enormous given the rise in the FA $$ pool and salary floor that keeps the market flush in cash every year.

If some team wanted to jump from the early 2nd into the late 1st to try to snag Paxton Lynch away from Denver, A) I'd be tempted to just take Lynch but B) if they'd give me next year's 2nd and a 4th this season, I'd consider it. I wouldn't take anything less than that though and I'd be very reluctant to move down more than 10 spots.

If I can't get that, the question is whether or not I like Burns enough to decide that he's worth the 'reach' knowing that I won't get him otherwise. For me the answer is probably not, but it would depend on how the board has gone to that point. At this point it would be virtually impossible to convince me to go DL in the first; just too much depth there. If the other guys I really like are gone by the end of the 1st, I could potentially talk myself into it.

I still think I'd prefer Fuller though, provided that the medicals check out and I'm convinced injuries messed up his '15.

Kind if where I was going there. Although with the dl, I think some of the guys at our pick are gonna end up pretty freaking good.

staylor26 04-05-2016 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12164877)

I'm just not convinced that Fuller is a better fit for our scheme than Burns. I think he'd be better suited in a predominantly zone defense.

milkman 04-06-2016 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12159806)

At 28, I'd rather take a guy with a higher ceiling, even if he has a lower floor.

If you have 2 guys with the same ceiling, while one has a higher floor, as DJ'sLN suggested in a later post, then yeah, you take the safer pick.

But if one has a higher ceiling, then I'm taking that chance despite his lower floor.

O.city 04-06-2016 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12166149)
At 28, I'd rather take a guy with a higher ceiling, even if he has a lower floor.

If you have 2 guys with the same ceiling, while one has a higher floor, as DJ'sLN suggested in a later post, then yeah, you take the safer pick.

But if one has a higher ceiling, then I'm taking that chance despite his lower floor.

I'd be opposite. The lower floor guy would be my second rounder.

EDIT: That would be a type of player I'd target in the 2nd round, or the type of guys that are normally pushed to the 2nd round.

the Talking Can 04-06-2016 08:38 PM

5 rounder

28. Kansas City Chiefs: Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State

The Chiefs lost Sean Smith in free agency, and with Justin Houston potentially missing significant time, they could use more coverage talent to go with Marcus Peters.

Apple has a good skill set and lots of upside to develop. He has an excellent combination of size and speed, but he needs work on his technique. Apple grabs too much with receivers and needs to improve his ability to run with them without resorting to contact. That rawness keeps him from being a high first-rounder. The 6-foot, 200-pounder looks like he has No. 1-corner potential. In 2015, Apple recorded one interception, eight passes broken up and 33 tackles. He had some coverage lapses early on, but played better to close out the year. Apple was very impressive for the Buckeyes in 2014 down the stretch of their title run, recording 53 tackles with three interceptions and 10 passes broken up on the year.

The Chiefs grab a young five-technique. Mike DeVito turns 32 in June, and it would make sense to continue to add talent to their front seven considering the age of Tamba Hali.

Day recorded 45 tackles, 15.5 for a loss, four sacks, two forced fumbles and four passes batted in 2015. He was very impressive and disruptive for Notre Dame. The 6-foot, 286-pounder was a disruptive presence for the Fighting Irish in 2014, totaling 40 tackles with 7.5 for a loss, one sack, two forced fumbles and two passes batted. He played better than the numbers indicate, too.

Day has some natural strength and athleticism to him. Throughout the Senior Bowl, he fired into the backfield and showed once again that he is a disruptive force.

126. Kansas City Chiefs: Josh Forrest, LB, Kentucky

The Chiefs grab a linebacker to pair with Derrick Johnson.

Forrest (6-3, 245) is a thickly built thumper who is a good run defender in the tackle box. At the Senior Bowl, he showed some pass-coverage potential with more athleticism and speed than one would expect.

Forrest totaled 93 tackles with six for a loss, 3.5 sacks, two interceptions and five passes batted in 2015. As a junior, he recorded 110 tackles with two sacks and two interceptions. Forrest is a sleeper linebacker who could be a really nice mid-round value pick.

162. Kansas City Chiefs: Jalin Marshall, WR, Ohio State

The Chiefs grab a third receiver to pair with Jeremy Maclin and Chris Conley.

165. Kansas City Chiefs: David Onyemata, DE/DT, Manitoba

Considering the age of Tamba Hali and the injury to Justin Houston, Kansas City could use some pass-rushing depth.

staylor26 04-06-2016 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 12167112)
5 rounder

28. Kansas City Chiefs: Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State

The Chiefs lost Sean Smith in free agency, and with Justin Houston potentially missing significant time, they could use more coverage talent to go with Marcus Peters.

Apple has a good skill set and lots of upside to develop. He has an excellent combination of size and speed, but he needs work on his technique. Apple grabs too much with receivers and needs to improve his ability to run with them without resorting to contact. That rawness keeps him from being a high first-rounder. The 6-foot, 200-pounder looks like he has No. 1-corner potential. In 2015, Apple recorded one interception, eight passes broken up and 33 tackles. He had some coverage lapses early on, but played better to close out the year. Apple was very impressive for the Buckeyes in 2014 down the stretch of their title run, recording 53 tackles with three interceptions and 10 passes broken up on the year.

The Chiefs grab a young five-technique. Mike DeVito turns 32 in June, and it would make sense to continue to add talent to their front seven considering the age of Tamba Hali.

126. Kansas City Chiefs: Josh Forrest, LB, Kentucky

The Chiefs grab a linebacker to pair with Derrick Johnson.

Forrest (6-3, 245) is a thickly built thumper who is a good run defender in the tackle box. At the Senior Bowl, he showed some pass-coverage potential with more athleticism and speed than one would expect.

Forrest totaled 93 tackles with six for a loss, 3.5 sacks, two interceptions and five passes batted in 2015. As a junior, he recorded 110 tackles with two sacks and two interceptions. Forrest is a sleeper linebacker who could be a really nice mid-round value pick.

162. Kansas City Chiefs: Jalin Marshall, WR, Ohio State

The Chiefs grab a third receiver to pair with Jeremy Maclin and Chris Conley.

Where's our second 5th?