ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life ADD / ADHD.. do you have it? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294190)

DC.chief 08-27-2015 01:22 PM

ADD / ADHD.. do you have it?

I have it. It's been there all along and I just never knew. My doctor mentioned it to me and suggested I read a book called Driven to Distraction. I felt like I was reading biography about myself at times. Prior to then I viewed it as kinda bullshit really. Thought it was something parents used to explain why their kid was out of control. I realize now I was completely wrong and I regret not trying to understand it sooner. For one thing It's not something only children suffer from. Many adults have it and many go undiagnosed.

Today is a first for me. Today I started taking medication for it. And while I clearly haven't taken it long enough to really understand it's effects on me either good or bad I can tell you how I feel currently.

I feel energized, alert and more focused. I feel like nothing can slow me down. I feel like fighting a bear (I won't). I somehow feel more confident. I think I've been bouncing both my feet up and down all day while I've sat at my desk. I also feel like I look like this..

https://ronovanwrites.files.wordpres...-man.jpg?w=500

But I don't. I look normal and well rested even though I slept my normal 5.5 hours last night.

So do you have it? When did you learn that you did? Have you taken medication for it? What kind and what type of effects did it have on you?

Hootie 08-27-2015 01:25 PM

Oh yeah. I for sure have it.

I have never bother getting treated for it, though. Adderral, when I take it, makes me feel like I'm actually in my mind. It's hilarious. It's a wonder drug for people who really need it.

Unfortunately, it's an easy drug to abuse. Try drinking on it! Whoa.

Hootie 08-27-2015 01:26 PM

Hamas refers to it as academic steroids. But I golf better with it, bowl better with it ... drink better with it (as in, do less stupid shit because it keeps me in my mind). Better student with it ... better worker ... etc.

Mr. Laz 08-27-2015 01:27 PM

good for you, i hope it works out for you

my friend probably has it too but he doesn't want to admit to needing help

RealSNR 08-27-2015 01:31 PM

That was a similar path for me.

Never even thought about it growing up. Wasn't until 4 years ago that my wife brought it up because I was taking on so many unfinished projects at once and completing none of them.

I was diagnosed shortly after seeing a doctor about it. Now I take a low dose of medication, and that's enough to boost my productivity by quite a bit. You'll find that as your body gets used to it, you stop having that "zombie" feeling and the effects will be less noticeable. I think a lot of people make the mistake of upping their dosage once that happens, but they don't realize that when you have ADD, medication alone isn't enough. You still need to make life changes that keep you on task, such as writing to-do lists and making use of a schedule/monthly planner, etc. That in combination with the meds is what makes a successful longterm solution.

I kind of thought it might be fake before actually doing the research. It's definitely real, but I will say that I think it's probably overdiagnosed, especially among children.

DC.chief 08-27-2015 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11688301)
good for you, i hope it works out for you

my friend probably has it too but he doesn't want to admit to needing help

Admitting it isn't easy. It's part of why I'm just now being treated at 31. Good luck to your friend. I hope he comes around.

Rain Man 08-27-2015 01:33 PM

I don't think I have ... oh, look. A bird.

ExtremeChief 08-27-2015 01:33 PM

I'm not sure. The symptoms aren't so easy to define. I think many things get incorrectly diagnosed as SQUIRREL!!!!!!!!!!!

Chromatic 08-27-2015 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11688295)
Oh yeah. I for sure have it.

I have never bother getting treated for it, though. Adderral, when I take it, makes me feel like I'm actually in my mind. It's hilarious. It's a wonder drug for people who really need it.

Unfortunately, it's an easy drug to abuse. Try drinking on it! Whoa.

Same. It makes me more productive which good but completely dulls my personality after taking it every day for a while.

Had to quit because I was developing an abuse problem. After a while, I became so dependent on it for everything that I was taking more and more of it. It was getting pretty bad.

I'll probably go back on some kind of medication for ADHD at some point but it'll either be a different brand or a non-stimulant version.

cosmo20002 08-27-2015 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 11688287)
I have it. It's been there all along and I just never knew. My doctor mentioned it to me and suggested I read a book called Driven to Distraction. I felt like I was reading biography about myself at times. Prior to then I viewed it as kinda bullshit really. Thought it was something parents used to explain why their kid was out of control. I realize now I was completely wrong and I regret not trying to understand it sooner. For one thing It's not something only children suffer from. Many adults have it and many go undiagnosed.

Today is a first for me. Today I started taking medication for it. And while I clearly haven't taken it long enough to really understand it's effects on me either good or bad I can tell you how I feel currently.

I feel energized, alert and more focused. I feel like nothing can slow me down. I feel like fighting a bear (I won't). I somehow feel more confident. I think I've been bouncing both my feet up and down all day while I've sat at my desk. I also feel like I look like this..

That's 'cause it's a straight-up stimulant they gave you, which seems the opposite of what you would do to treat something that often comes with "hyper" in the name, but that's how it works. Don't take it too late in the day or you won't be able to get to sleep.

Mav 08-27-2015 01:35 PM

I have it. Always have. Love me some Adderal

RunKC 08-27-2015 01:35 PM

Yes. I took adderall and it made my heart rate skyrocket. I had accelerated energy and just started doing shit as small as cleaning bc I was so focused.

I don't take it anymore. I always have a to-do list which keeps me on track.

I jog a few times a week as well. Excercise is great for ADHD. To me it's been better than medicine in some weird way

RealSNR 08-27-2015 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromatic (Post 11688329)
Same. It makes me more productive which good but completely dulls my personality after taking it every day for a while.

Had to quit because I was developing an abuse problem. After a while, I became so dependent on it for everything that I was taking more and more of it. It was getting pretty bad.

I'll probably go back on some kind of medication for ADHD at some point but it'll either be a different brand or a non-stimulant version.

Vyvanse is much gentler than Adderall. It's what I take, and I've never had a problem with feeling addicted to it.

I definitely notice any day when I don't take the medication, but I don't feel completely helpless without it. And I suppose if you didn't notice a difference when you don't take it, it probably wasn't that effective in the first place.

Hootie 08-27-2015 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromatic (Post 11688329)

I know what you mean, man. Hard not to abuse adderal when it makes you feel that productive no matter what you're doing. Hell of a drug.

Donger 08-27-2015 01:39 PM

No, I don't have that.

Hootie 08-27-2015 01:40 PM

what's the going rate for a 20 mg adderall these days? I pay $5

Urc Burry 08-27-2015 01:41 PM

I'm sure I have it to a lesser degree... Going through high school I always did well, but even then I just found it hard to concentrate. I never wanted to admit to it then, because when you're that age if someone has ADD you just assume they're dumb..My little brother got a prescription for his.. I have been thinking about getting tested for it, but have been putting it off

cosmo20002 08-27-2015 01:42 PM

Adderall is banned by the professional sports leagues...unless, that is, the athlete can SOMEHOW find a doctor willing to prescribe it.

Donger 08-27-2015 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 11688360)
I have been thinking about getting tested for it, but have been putting it off

LMAO

sd4chiefs 08-27-2015 01:53 PM

I think I have and start looking for information about it but then I end up on Chiefs Planet looking at stupid stuff.

BigMeatballDave 08-27-2015 02:00 PM

None of that, but I may have some mild OCD. Not the controlling type.

Predarat 08-27-2015 02:16 PM

TLDR

beach tribe 08-27-2015 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11688298)
Hamas refers to it as academic steroids. But I golf better with it, bowl better with it ... drink better with it (as in, do less stupid shit because it keeps me in my mind). Better student with it ... better worker ... etc.

Scientists refer to it as a neuroenhancer, and anyone who has taken it knows that is 100% accurate.

It's not just people with ADD that will see it's effects.

My stories about it are why people here call me a druggie and a crack head.

beach tribe 08-27-2015 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11688363)
Adderall is banned by the professional sports leagues...unless, that is, the athlete can SOMEHOW find a doctor willing to prescribe it.

Wrong.
Script or no, it's a banned substance.

rabblerouser 08-27-2015 02:31 PM

No one has ADD. It ADHD. It is a made-up "affliction".

http://www.naturalnews.com/040938_ad...sychiatry.html

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...d-author-says/

rabblerouser 08-27-2015 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11688354)
what's the going rate for a 20 mg adderall these days? I pay $5

Really?? Damn...pmotw.

Hootie 08-27-2015 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11688559)
Really?? Damn...pmotw.

please do

rabblerouser 08-27-2015 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeChief (Post 11688325)
The symptoms aren't so easy to define.

That's because it doesn't exist.

rabblerouser 08-27-2015 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11688563)
please do

You don't wanna drive to Columbia :D

rabblerouser 08-27-2015 02:34 PM

I can't take that shit. Might as well get an 8 ball of coke and drink a pot of coffee.

I like eating and sleeping waaaaay too much.

RunKC 08-27-2015 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11688564)
That's because it doesn't exist.

Well that's what the French think

Hootie 08-27-2015 02:34 PM

that is true ... I cannot eat or sleep when I take adderall

beach tribe 08-27-2015 02:35 PM

The military has switched from adderal to provigil for fighter pilots and high value, high risk personnel.

rabblerouser 08-27-2015 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11688572)
Well that's what the French think

Actually, that's pretty much everywhere in the world - ADD/ADHD does not exist in, say, India.

If you don't tend the crops because you're daydreaming, you won't eat, and you will die.

90% of all the ADD/ADHD meds prescribed in the world...are prescribed in the US.

Somehow, only Americans are dumb enough to think that they are "afflicted" with this "disease".

:hmmm:

Dayze 08-27-2015 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 11688503)
TLDR

LMAO
LMAO
LMAO

DC.chief 08-27-2015 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11688591)
Actually, that's pretty much everywhere in the world - ADD/ADHD does not exist in, say, India.

If you don't tend the crops because you're daydreaming, you won't eat, and you will die.

90% of all the ADD/ADHD meds prescribed in the world...are prescribed in the US.

Somehow, only Americans are dumb enough to think that they are "afflicted" with this "disease".

:hmmm:

Didn't realize you were a physician

beach tribe 08-27-2015 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11688574)
that is true ... I cannot eat or sleep when I take adderall

Recipe for super human abilities:

Wake up
Cook meal consisting of Gluten Free pasta, & light portion of protien of choice.
Consume 2 full servings of fruit, Cooked meal, Multi vitamin, 300 mgs of Magnesium and 75 mgs of Adderal.

One hr later weight train entire body to exhaustion.
Immediately after consume protein shake with 2 bananas, whole milk, and peanut butter...yes, peanut butter. Drink two bottles of water.

Experience enlightenment.
Effortlessly see the easiest solution to any task and feel helplessly compelled to complete it.
Know the answers to questions you never even knew to ask.

Disclaimer: This does not work if your body is not ready for training.

Dayze 08-27-2015 02:55 PM

that sounds like a lot of work. I don't think I'm ready for that.

FlaChief58 08-27-2015 02:58 PM

I remember back in High School, my guidance councelor...Oh look, a butterfly

rabblerouser 08-27-2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 11688622)
Didn't realize you were a physician

"Here, this is a new drug, we're not sure exactly how it works, but take one every six hours and we'll see how you respond.

That'll be $170/hr.

Thanks!!"

How's that??

beach tribe 08-27-2015 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11688647)
"Here, this is a new drug, we're not sure exactly how it works, but take one every six hours and we'll see how you respond.

That'll be $170/hr.

Thanks!!"

How's that??

You're kinda' right....for once.

Beef Supreme 08-27-2015 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 11688287)

That's because the medication is basically meth.

rabblerouser 08-27-2015 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 11688653)

It's the truth.

beach tribe 08-27-2015 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 11688638)
that sounds like a lot of work. I don't think I'm ready for that.

Then just take the adderal first..:D

It won't seem like much work at all after that.

rabblerouser 08-27-2015 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 11688669)

Yeah man. Taken orally, the 'rush' isn't as strong, but the shit makes my heart feel like it will explode.

I won't take it anymore.

beach tribe 08-27-2015 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 11688669)

We have a winnaaaaaaar.

suzzer99 08-27-2015 03:07 PM

Theoretically yes. I have been prescribed Ritalin. But it speeds me up so much I rarely take it.

I do computer programming which is a good career for someone with ADHD. The Ritalin really helps when I have to do something I hate like documentation.

beach tribe 08-27-2015 03:09 PM

It's the amphetamine without the meth.

Pure, clean, amphetamine. Greatest performance enhancer that ever existed.

rabblerouser 08-27-2015 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 11688682)
Theoretically yes. I have been prescribed Ritalin. But it speeds me up so much I rarely take it.

I do computer programming which is a good career for someone with ADHD. The Ritalin really helps when I have to do something I hate like documentation.

Spoiler!

rabblerouser 08-27-2015 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 11688689)
It's the amphetamine without the meth.

Pure, clean, amphetamine. Greatest performance enhancer that ever existed.

Ooof. It's too hardcore. Coffee and a bong bowl to even out the rush is more my speed.

suzzer99 08-27-2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11688690)
Spoiler!

Supposedly if you have real full-blown ADHD stuff like Ritalin and Adderal actually calms you down. I wouldn't know but I've heard plenty of people say that who I know aren't crazy.

Also there are other drugs like Strattera that I don't think are speedy at all.

beach tribe 08-27-2015 03:13 PM

Fun even..

That said, Ritalin blows.

Closer to coke than Amps.

beach tribe 08-27-2015 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 11688696)
Supposedly if you have real full-blown ADHD stuff like Ritalin and Adderal actually calms you down. I wouldn't know but I've heard plenty of people say that who I know aren't crazy.

Ahhh, that old wives tale.

Total BS. It just locks you into what you are doing. Kids seem calmer because they are tweaking out on the task at hand, and it does it to everyone.

rabblerouser 08-27-2015 03:16 PM

Quote:

Yeah. It 'calmed me down' too.

But my heart rate was still through the ****ing roof and I was speeding my ass off.

DC.chief 08-27-2015 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 11688653)

No he isn't. He's an idiot actually.

rabblerouser 08-27-2015 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 11688711)

Total BS. It just locks you into what you are doing. Kids seem calmer because they are tweaking out on the task at hand, and it does it to everyone.

Bingo

rabblerouser 08-27-2015 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 11688714)

Yet, I know exactly what I'm talking about.

Hootie 08-27-2015 03:19 PM

you're afraid to say shit around here with all of the assholes who never let things go ... but man, as someone who has had problems with "black outs" when drinking heavily ... and doing stupid shit because you lose your filter ... adderall literally prevents me from blacking out.

For that alone it's amazing

beach tribe 08-27-2015 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11688693)
Ooof. It's too hardcore. Coffee and a bong bowl to even out the rush is more my speed.

Everyone is different. My heart hardly races on Amps. Ritalin though, gives me all that nasty sweaty racy crap.

suzzer99 08-27-2015 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 11688711)

Ok that makes sense.

What about Strattera though? The psych doctor gave me that as one of my options but said it takes a couple weeks to have any effect. I just wanted something I could take in spots.

Beef Supreme 08-27-2015 03:23 PM

Quote:

And the biker who takes meth and rides halfway across the country like it's a trip to the corner grocery might say something similar.

beach tribe 08-27-2015 03:24 PM

Quote:

Big pharma has brain washed this entire country, dude.
They are the biggest drug dealer on the planet.
They've even gotten you to believe that amphetamines are "medication" instead of a hard core narcotic. I'm not saying it won't help you.
Lord knows it has helped me, but I still see it for what it is.

Beef Supreme 08-27-2015 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11688720)
you're afraid to say shit around here with all of the assholes who never let things go ... but man, as someone who has had problems with "black outs" when drinking heavily ... and doing stupid shit because you lose your filter ... adderall literally prevents me from blacking out.

For that alone it's amazing

That's why people use coke.

Hootie 08-27-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 11688743)

I think I'll stick to adderall LMAO

although, I hear it's basically the same thing

rabblerouser 08-27-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 11688739)
Big pharma has brain washed this entire country, dude.
They are the biggest drug dealer on the planet.
They've even gotten you to believe that amphetamines are "medication" instead of a hard core narcotic. I'm not saying it won't help you.
Lord knows it has helped me, but I still see it for what it is.

Yeah, it's ****ing dope.

And only an idiot would convince themselves that just because it was legally procured with a prescription that it's not a hardcore drug.

rabblerouser 08-27-2015 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11688746)
I think I'll stick to adderall LMAO

although, I hear it's basically the same thing

Coke is more euphoric with a better "high", but it doesn't last nearly as long

beach tribe 08-27-2015 03:37 PM

If you want the truth, you will find it in this movie.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d0DE61l6WqM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

nychief 08-27-2015 03:44 PM

No!
Yes!
No!
What!?
Yes!
No!!
Huh?

Contrarian 08-27-2015 03:47 PM

Take Adderall to long and you'll get brain zaps, just sayin!
Personally I got my ADHD spanked out of me like most people from the 70's.

beach tribe 08-27-2015 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11688752)
Coke is more euphoric with a better "high", but it doesn't last nearly as long

It's no where near the same other than being stimulants.

If you think coke is more euphoric, you aren't taking enough amps. This is scientific fact, too. Not just my opinion.

beach tribe 08-27-2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrarian (Post 11688789)
Take Adderall to long and you'll get brain zaps, just sayin!
Personally I got my ADHD spanked out of me like most people from the 70's.

Been taking it for years have no idea what you are talking about.

That sounds like what ssri's do.

Trivers 08-27-2015 04:04 PM

Have it big time!

Took years for me to admit; and longer to develop copping mechanisms. Outlook tasks feature is my savior

My favorite joke???

How many people with ADHD does it take to change a lightbulb???

Hey! Want to ride a bike??

I can self-med with sugar and caffeine. Shots of caffeine helps me focus....too much makes me sleepy.

beach tribe 08-27-2015 04:05 PM

Quote:

One more thing before I pull out of this thread.

I take it you are a musician?
Prepare to take major steps forward in skill level.

Otter 08-27-2015 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 11688845)
One more thing before I pull out of this thread.

Is this cross thread humor at Luv?

58-4ever 08-27-2015 05:21 PM

I had to scroll back up before commenting on this thread to find out what we were talking about.... wait... what?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 08-27-2015 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 11688743)

No shit. Damn hootie. Adderall the bridge for responsible drinking? Holy shit that's funny. You're just balancing yourself out. Nothing new.

EPodolak 08-27-2015 05:30 PM

Have the non-H kind, big time. May have a few thousand posts by now if there were better meds for it. ;)

dls6501 08-27-2015 06:22 PM

Everyone has ADD to an extent.

listopencil 08-27-2015 06:26 PM

What?

unlurking 08-27-2015 06:28 PM

Anybody tried nootropics? I've been pretty pleased with a noopept, choline, and caffeine stack. My productivity has been greatly increased and I'm on a pretty minimal dosage. Only about two weeks in, but happy with the results. Was thinking about trying oxyracetam and phenylpiracetam, but so far noopept has been wonderful. We'll see in a few more weeks.