ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler just released his first country single (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293279)

Deberg_1990 07-06-2015 09:21 PM

Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler just released his first country single

Lovely. enjoy!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d0n40GVcj64" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

eDave 07-06-2015 09:25 PM

Formulaic.

Enjoy, I guess.

TimBone 07-06-2015 09:30 PM

Would.

srvy 07-06-2015 09:33 PM

Brokedick Mountain.

DaneMcCloud 07-06-2015 09:34 PM

Excellent move by a very talented man. Rock is dead, Country has a much bigger and loyal audience, especially in the younger demographic.

DaneMcCloud 07-06-2015 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11584144)
Formulaic.

Enjoy, I guess.

That's the deal, man. That's Nashville.

There are tons of houses there filled with multiple young songwriters, all living on close to nothing, trying to write the next hit single and get it pitched to the best Country artists on the planet. It's a really exciting environment for young, talented people.

Some people call it formulaic, I call it art. Writing hit songs isn't easy.

eDave 07-06-2015 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11584163)

There are tons of houses there filled with multiple young songwriters, all living on close to nothing, trying to write the next hit single and get it pitched to the best Country artists on the planet. It's a really exciting environment for young, talented people.

F you and your voice of reason man! :')

Tyler could have injected something more into that song is all I'm saying. I like the Beaver Brown band. They're my MMJ of country.

Buehler445 07-06-2015 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11584159)
Excellent move by a very talented man. Rock is dead, Country has a much bigger and loyal audience, especially in the younger demographic.

In point of fact, that is a shitton better song than a massive amount of songs on popular country radio put out by the litany of talentless hacks that tween girls and douchebag wanna-be country dumb****s eat up and spend daddy's money going to gay ass horribad concerts on.

TribalElder 07-06-2015 09:41 PM

There was corn in my poop

Deberg_1990 07-06-2015 09:41 PM

Quote:

Rock is dead

Sigh...,,

:(

Iowanian 07-06-2015 09:43 PM

I like Aerosmith. On the surface I have always liked country, but I can't say I have been a fan of any new mainstream song in 5 years.

This shit is the reason I listen to red dirt and never even turn on a mainstream country station. Can't tell you one of the top 10 songs right now, but would wager the casual observer can't tell the difference between 3 of those cookie cutter dbsgs. Nashville has even ruined people I used to enjoy.

DaneMcCloud 07-06-2015 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11584164)
I know that man. But this is Steven Tyler. He made a call.

Well, yes and no. Aerosmith hasn't been Aerosmith since the 70's. Their albums have had co-writers since 80's and in many cases, they've basically been a cover band.

There's not only an art to being a hit songwriter, there's an art to being a hit artist. After too many bad choices, the fans won't follow.

One of my favorite stories is about a guy named Kenny Alphin. Kenny was a staff writer at publishing company I worked, where he was signed for a decade or more, but never had a hit, let alone many cuts. He was basically supported by his publishing deal but by age 40, the call was made to cut ties with him.

Next thing you know, he's HUGE in a little band called Big & Rich.

Trust me, everyone was extremely happy for him but A&R definitely regretted cutting ties with him. Sometimes you just never know...

eDave 07-06-2015 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11584170)
Sigh...,,

:(

Maybe not dead, but country is the place to be right now. Hell, Christian music was outselling RnR at one point.

**** Creed.

Chiefaholic 07-06-2015 09:45 PM

I'm a big fan of his and think he's talented enough to succeed in country as well. I'm looking forward to the release of his fist country album.

DaneMcCloud 07-06-2015 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 11584171)
I like Aerosmith. On the surface I have always liked country, but I can't say I have been a fan of any new mainstream song in 5 years.

This shit is the reason I listen to red dirt and never even turn on a mainstream country station. Can't tell you one of the top 10 songs right now, but would wager the casual observer can't tell the difference between 3 of those cookie cutter dbsgs. Nashville has even ruined people I used to enjoy.

There's Country Music and there's Country Music. I'm a fan of the later, which I'm guessing you are as well. Modern Country is mostly slick production with lyrics targeting a specific audience.

Country is Hank Williams. I want to hear twang, dagnabit. Kacey Musgraves is probably my favorite current country artist.

DaneMcCloud 07-06-2015 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 11584169)

LMAO

stevieray 07-06-2015 09:48 PM

Quote:

Eagles came out today they'd be country...song doesn't soundcrossover, and not even a light Aerosmith....he sounds pretty much the same, but with a banjo.

Interesting to see how it moves forward ie... "hootie", sheryl, etc.

DaneMcCloud 07-06-2015 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 11584181)
Eagles came out today they'd be country...song doesn't soundcrossover, and not even a light Aerosmith....he sounds pretty much the same, but with a banjo.

Interesting to see how it moves forward ie... "hootie", sheryl, etc.

He is amazing though, regardless of the genre. I mean, it's Steven Tyler. Who doesn't love Steven Tyler?

But yeah, The Eagles, Lynda Ronstadt, Stone Canyon Band and Lynyrd Skynrd have been the basis of modern country for more than 20 years now.

That's not a knock on country artists. There are a lot of extremely talented players and singers but the music itself hasn't really evolved like Rock.

eDave 07-06-2015 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11584189)
He is amazing though, regardless of the genre. I mean, it's Steven Tyler. Who doesn't love Steven Tyler?

But yeah, The Eagles, Lynda Ronstadt, Stone Canyon Band and Lynyrd Skynrd have been the basis of modern country for more than 20 years now.

That's not a knock on country artists. There are a lot of extremely talented players and singers but the music itself hasn't really evolved like Rock.

Personally, I feel it evolves when it goes back to real, old school country. It's current direction will blend pop and country into one thing. Gross.

Waiting for Katy to drop a country album

DaneMcCloud 07-06-2015 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11584195)
Personally, I feel it evolves when it goes back to real, old school country. It's current direction will blend pop and country into one thing. Gross.

Waiting for Katy to drop a country album

She can sing her ass off so it would probably be pretty cool. :)

I think Dwight and Kacey are about the closet thing to old school country that I've heard but admittedly, I'm no expert on the subject.

eDave 07-06-2015 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11584199)
She can sing her ass off so it would probably be pretty cool. :)

I think Dwight and Kacey are about the closet thing to old school country that I've heard but admittedly, I'm no expert on the subject.

Miley could nail a country album. I see that in her future.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-06-2015 10:24 PM

He's ugly and old

LoneWolf 07-06-2015 11:16 PM

Quote:

I know next to nothing about the music industry, but from what I have gathered this is pretty accurate. I have a cousin that is married to a semi-successful country artist, Logan Mize, and the way I understand it he makes more money writing songs for other artists than he does writing and performing his own music.

eDave 07-06-2015 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 11584276)
I know next to nothing about the music industry, but from what I have gathered this is pretty accurate. I have a cousin that is married to a semi-successful country artist, Logan Mize, and the way I understand it he makes more money writing songs for other artists than he does writing and performing his own music.

I imagine it's the same for Dane. No offense intended it taken that way.

thabear04 07-06-2015 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 11584169)

Corn Surprise.

Dave Lane 07-06-2015 11:53 PM

He's dead to me now.

RobBlake 07-06-2015 11:58 PM

rock n roll will have its time.. but its still in the distant future tbh.

if mainstream is the focus then... club/pop and country music is the way to go i suppose.. stilll...

saphojunkie 07-07-2015 12:03 AM

Pop with a banjo. Listen to Mama Tried and hear good country.

Tombstone RJ 07-07-2015 12:07 AM

Quote:

I call it complete crap.

TimBone 07-07-2015 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 11584232)
He's ugly and old

We're not talking about dating him.

007 07-07-2015 01:27 AM

Surprisingly that wasn't half bad. I'm not much for any country but every now and then I'll hear something and actually like it.

Red Beans 07-07-2015 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11584177)
There's Country Music and there's Country Music. I'm a fan of the later, which I'm guessing you are as well. Modern Country is mostly slick production with lyrics targeting a specific audience.

Country is Hank Williams. I want to hear twang, dagnabit. Kacey Musgraves is probably my favorite current country artist.

Totally agree. Mainstream Country is essentially Pop music. Outsider or "Outlaw Country" as someone penned it, is a great genre these days. Bands like American Aquarium and guys like Sturgill Simpson are really killing it.

KCUnited 07-07-2015 05:38 AM

No money left in rock and roll, moves to country. Art.

Pablo 07-07-2015 05:41 AM

Caitlyn Jenner sure is milking this pretty well.

srvy 07-07-2015 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 11584356)
Totally agree. Mainstream Country is essentially Pop music. Outsider or "Outlaw Country" as someone penned it, is a great genre these days. Bands like American Aquarium and guys like Sturgill Simpson are really killing it.

:thumb:

I can't stand this crap that masquerades as Country music now. Its pop with a peddle steel and is far from the Country I grew up with.

ChiefsCountry 07-07-2015 08:33 AM

Quote:

Rock is dead.

Rock fans are idiots for the most part. Look at all the multiple threads on here, they despise anything that has any commercial success and it has killed their genre into pigeon hole fringe groups.

Newer country has a different sound than the past, but I believe its because those of us in our early 30s and 20s experienced so much different musical genres growing up its blended into their sound.

DC.chief 07-07-2015 08:39 AM

Country music sucks

ChiTown 07-07-2015 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11584177)

Love me some Kacey:whackit:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nGIUtLO_x8g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Halfcan 07-07-2015 08:54 AM

Quote:

I agree it was a good move for him. Aerosmith has not had a Great album in a long time. Done with Mirrors was my last favorite by them, saw them on that tour as well.

I remember all the fuss when they did rap-and that was Huge for them.

The song seems more folk than country to me. Not a big fan of either genre, but this was a pretty good track for him. He can still sing better than most out there.

Let the haters hate-glad he is still doing what makes him happy and is still relevant at that age.

beach tribe 07-07-2015 09:08 AM

Tyler to his manager: I don't know where to go with my career.

manager: http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...psaanvxsxc.gif

beach tribe 07-07-2015 09:09 AM

A few more year and his stache is gonna grow in real nice.

srvy 07-07-2015 09:26 AM

Cowboy boots and pink pants. You go girl!

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2015 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 11584358)
No money left in rock and roll, moves to country. Art.

Aerosmith is a legacy act that can earn hundreds of millions by touring. The problem is that no one is interested in hearing new music from them. Their last couple of records tanked.

Steven's rooted in the blues but no one today wants to hear him on a blues record, especially since it would be Steven Tyler of Aerosmith signing the Blues. But with Country, he's got a chance of developing a new audience.

It's hard to fault him for that.

The Franchise 07-07-2015 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 11584475)
Rock fans are idiots for the most part. Look at all the multiple threads on here, they despise anything that has any commercial success and it has killed their genre into pigeon hole fringe groups.

Newer country has a different sound than the past, but I believe its because those of us in our early 30s and 20s experienced so much different musical genres growing up its blended into their sound.

Rock is almost impossible to listen to now. It ****ing sucks.

Pablo 07-07-2015 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11584587)
Aerosmith is a legacy act that can earn hundreds of millions by touring. The problem is that no one is interested in hearing new music from them. Their last couple of records tanked.

Steven's rooted in the blues but no one today wants to hear him on a blues record, especially since it would be Steven Tyler of Aerosmith signing the Blues. But with Country, he's got a chance of developing a new audience.

No, it's the appropriate money grab for him to make. You can't get mad at the guy for earning as much as he can while he's still a worthwhile commodity. There are some people who will buy it.

Country is a pretty awful genre from what I've listened to. I'd honestly rather listen to shitty 98.9 butt rock like Three Days Grace and Kid Rock or whatever than Luke Bryants new hit single "Truck, Yeah!". Although that's not saying much. As for the song in the OP - no, just no.

KCUnited 07-07-2015 10:03 AM

Quote:

I don't fault him at all. Eyeballing an emerging market is a smart business decision, but it's exactly that, a business decision.

Tyler jumping to Country, for the sole purpose of attracting a new audience, doesn't move the genre forward. A lot of which has to contributed to Rock's decline, tired shit piled on an already surplus of tired shit.

Bob Dole 07-07-2015 10:03 AM

"Just released"? One of Bob Dole's bands has already covered it at a gig.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2015 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 11584608)
No, it's the appropriate money grab for him to make.

I disagree. If Steven Tyler was all about a "Money Grab", he can go on tour with Aerosmith and earn his share of $1 million per night. Or, he could go back to American Idol and earn $18 million per season.

There's absolutely no guarantee that he'll $10,000 dollars in Country music, let alone millions.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2015 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 11584613)
I don't fault him at all. Eyeballing an emerging market is a smart business decision, but it's exactly that, a business decision.

Tyler jumping to Country, for the sole purpose of attracting a new audience, doesn't move the genre forward. A lot of which has to contributed to Rock's decline, tired shit piled on an already surplus of tired shit.

Rock's decline is due to illegal downloading, plain and simple. The industry was bled dry and all the funds that would normally be spend on finding, signing and developing new artists is nowhere to be found.

Country music (Nashville) has never experienced that issue due to the fact that its model is completely different. Outside songwriters account for more than 80% of Country hits. The same producers and players are on nearly every record. Artists are created through slick marketing and song presentation. It's a factory. It's smart business and it's a tough nut to crack but Nashville keeps it going year after year, decade after decade.

Kids today are more interested in pre-fabricated "beats" and EDM than screaming rock guitars and great signing. It's difficult to envision a return to rock's glory days of the 60's through early 90's.

KCUnited 07-07-2015 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11584630)
Rock's decline is due to illegal downloading, plain and simple. The industry was bled dry and all the funds that would normally be spend on finding, signing and developing new artists is nowhere to be found.

Country music (Nashville) has never experienced that issue due to the fact that its model is completely different. Outside songwriters account for more than 80% of Country hits. The same producers and players are on nearly every record. Artists are created through slick marketing and song presentation. It's a factory. It's smart business and it's a tough nut to crack but Nashville keeps it going year after year, decade after decade.

Kids today are more interested in pre-fabricated "beats" and EDM than screaming rock guitars and great signing. It's difficult to envision a return to rock's glory days of the 60's through early 90's.

I'll no doubt concede to you on the industry stuff. I just don't see how a guy choosing to get into Country because no one wants to hear a new record from his old band, or a solo blues album from him, does anything for the genre. Unless he's exposing some unknowns or up and comers through some collaborations. But I don't pay much attention to Country so I shouldn't pretend to understand it's dynamics.

MTG#10 07-07-2015 10:41 AM

He looks like an old lesbian.

mikeyis4dcats. 07-07-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Huge Aerosmith fan. I listed to MFAND once. ONCE. It was total crap.

They need to do drugs to make decent music it seems.

nychief 07-07-2015 11:21 AM

Now he has sucked in three genres.... Barf.

lawrenceRaider 07-07-2015 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11584630)

The underlined is 100% horseshit. Rocks decline is all about the incredibly poor product they put out. The same exact problem you describe would be hitting what we loosely call Country these days if illegal downloads were the problem. The reality is that Country is now essentially Rock with a bit of twang.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2015 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 11585229)
The underlined is 100% horse****. Rocks decline is all about the incredibly poor product they put out. The same exact problem you describe would be hitting what we loosely call Country these days if illegal downloads were the problem. The reality is that Country is now essentially Rock with a bit of twang.

LMAO

Why do you think that the product is so poor? Could it be lack of funding, lack of development? How about the lack of audio engineering and producing experts, all who have left for other fields, whether it's Film/TV mixing and production or Nashville?

Nah, it can't be that!

:facepalm:

Reerun_KC 07-07-2015 03:06 PM

Interesting thread to say the least....

Hoover 07-07-2015 03:18 PM

If Hootie can do it, Tyler sure as hell can.

Recreating himself at 67, props to him.

Deberg_1990 07-07-2015 03:59 PM

So who's the next fading pop/rock star to go country ?

KISS ??

Halfcan 07-07-2015 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11585646)
So who's the next fading pop/rock star to go country ?

KISS ??

They can paint their faces like farm animals. ;)

Hard luck women with banjos might work.

BWillie 07-07-2015 04:31 PM

Quote:

I've noticed that..but I'm not really quite sure why. I read an article about how country music is growing. Yet, I'm pretty sure the rural country population is rapidly dwindling. And, based on social media and any media in general, country music and the mainly Caucasian rural southern population has the worst stereotypes imaginable. Combine that with the other trends by millennials, I find it very odd country music would grow because almost nobody would really want to associate themselves with that image.

srvy 07-07-2015 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 11585680)
I've noticed that..but I'm not really quite sure why. I read an article about how country music is growing. Yet, I'm pretty sure the rural country population is rapidly dwindling. And, based on social media and any media in general, country music and the mainly Caucasian rural southern population has the worst stereotypes imaginable. Combine that with the other trends by millennials, I find it very odd country music would grow because almost nobody would really want to associate themselves with that image.

:BS:

I really hope your just trying to post an idiotic post because if not god help you.

TrebMaxx 07-07-2015 05:37 PM

Rock will come back as soon as they accept auto tune. :doh!:

Marcellus 07-07-2015 05:53 PM

There are plenty of good new Rock bands out there, you just need to know where to find them and its not typically on the radio though even a mainstream band like KOL puts out great music. Volbeat also kicks ass.

Then you have some lesser known bands like Jonathon Tyler and the Northern Lights or Taddy Porter that put out some good straight forward Rock N Roll.

I saw a band from Pennsylvania in May called Krobot that puts on a hell of a show.

eDave 07-07-2015 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 11585788)
There are plenty of good new Rock bands out there, you just need to know where to find them and its not typically on the radio though even a mainstream band like KOL puts out great music. Volbeat also kicks ass.

Then you have some lesser known bands like Jonathon Tyler and the Northern Lights or Taddy Porter that put out some good straight forward Rock N Roll.

I saw a band from Pennsylvania in May called Krobot that puts on a hell of a show.

I'm always pimping My Morning Jacket

BWillie 07-07-2015 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 11585740)
:BS:

I really hope your just trying to post an idiotic post because if not god help you.

You think young ppl or anybody that isnt from the South brags to others that they listen to country music? Country music would be smart to rebrand itself, and call itself something different like Modern Band, or something. It would help eliminate stereotypes and gain new fans

KCCHIEFS27 07-07-2015 06:06 PM

The guy who co-wrote this song has already had 3 number one hits on the country charts. I bet this song cracks the top 5. And yeah, I think young people talk about listening to country music. There has been an infusion of appealing to younger crowds and it has worked immensely.

eDave 07-07-2015 06:12 PM

I've listened again. It's actually pretty good. Tyler did infuse something different.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-07-2015 06:34 PM

1) That doesn't sound like country, even the modern version, so much as it sounds like Tyler just singing a song.

2) Those of you saying "rock is dead" obviously missed 'Space Invader'.

Damn.

jjjayb 07-07-2015 09:22 PM

When did the Pirate of the Caribbean start singing?

Reerun_KC 07-07-2015 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 11585801)
You think young ppl or anybody that isnt from the South brags to others that they listen to country music? Country music would be smart to rebrand itself, and call itself something different like Modern Band, or something. It would help eliminate stereotypes and gain new fans

LMAO

Dude you are so out of touch with reality.

SAUTO 07-07-2015 09:38 PM

Quote:

You are ****ing nuts. And I don't even care much for country music...

ILChief 07-07-2015 09:45 PM

Quote:

Sadly all the great rock bands are legacy acts now.

BlackOp 07-07-2015 10:04 PM

That was ****ing horrible...who actually listens to this crap?

Pop country is where generic rock dudes go to flaunt their outdated hairstyles and lack of originality...a direct path to the state fair concert circuit.

You know what Johnny Cash covers...a dark NIN song...because he wasn't a washed up idiot.

jd1020 07-07-2015 10:06 PM

I don't listen to much country, but that sounds nothing like any country I've ever heard.

TimBone 07-07-2015 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 11585680)

Quote:

WTF is this? You say some really stupid shit sometimes.

EPodolak 07-07-2015 10:12 PM

Without the video I wouldn't automatically think "country". Even with the images it doesn't seem to be truly in step with country music, not that I'm an expert on current Nashville trends.

cosmo20002 07-07-2015 10:14 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/32Taj2wVsSQ?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2015 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 11585788)
There are plenty of good new Rock bands out there, you just need to know where to find them and its not typically on the radio though even a mainstream band like KOL puts out great music. Volbeat also kicks ass

If you have to "dig" for Rock bands, then Rock is Dead.

Back in the day, people couldn't get enough of rock music. A&R and record labels scoured the earth and uncovered, promoted and help great rock bands and musicians achieve worldwide fame.

Today, pfft.

I'm not happy about it and I think it sucks, but it is what it is. The Millennials are into EDM, which is music in which any six year old with a laptop or iPad can create. Country has the strongest base followed by Hip Hop/Rap but Pop music/American Idol/Disney outsells them all.

Rock is about legacy acts.

BlackOp 07-07-2015 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11586669)
If you have to "dig" for Rock bands, then Rock is Dead.

Back in the day, people couldn't get enough of rock music. A&R and record labels scoured the earth and uncovered, promoted and help great rock bands and musicians achieve worldwide fame.

Today, pfft.

I'm not happy about it and I think it sucks, but it is what it is. The Millennials are into EDM, which is music in which any six year old with a laptop or iPad can create. Country has the strongest base followed by Hip Hop/Rap but Pop music/American Idol/Disney outsells them all.

Rock is about legacy acts.

That reads like some guy that the times left behind...formulaic pop music has always sold to reeruns. They dont know what they like..so the media tells them what to like. A&R had no bearing on me researching new bands before the internet. Grand, sweeping generalizations about EDM sounds like someone who wishes things never changed...Shit, it's no different than Hollywood hair metal in the late 80's...a few trailblazers and a bunch of unoriginals riding the coattails. Music just SEEMED more important back then...you weren't overstimulated/saturated like today.

DaneMcCloud 07-07-2015 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 11586673)
That reads like some guy that the times left behind...formulaic pop music has always sold to reeruns. They dont know what they like..so the media tells them what to like. A&R had no bearing on me researching new bands before the internet. Grand, sweeping generalizations about EDM sounds like someone who wishes things never changed...Shit, it's no different than Hollywood hair metal in the late 80's...a few trailblazers and a bunch of unoriginals riding the coattails. Music just SEEMED more important back then...you weren't overstimulated/saturated like today.

JPP asked that you help him with some boxes