ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Engaged couple loses weight together. Guess who breaks off the engagement. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293233)

Hammock Parties 07-03-2015 01:48 PM

Engaged couple loses weight together. Guess who breaks off the engagement.

She does, because she got hot and clearly decides she can do better. LMAO :doh!:

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/07/3600...er-saw-coming/

Quote:

Shane Graves and Marissa Schnell began their weight loss journey because they wanted to be able to hold each other at their wedding, but by the end they had learned so much about themselves that they ended up calling the whole thing off.

As the Daily Mail reports, Shane and Marissa first appeared on ABC’s “Extreme Weight Loss” with a very romantic story.

The couple had been together for seven years and got engaged at a Jennifer Nettles concert. Despite spending all of their time together, they put off any wedding plans and Marissa was persuaded that their unhealthy lifestyle and weight was partially responsible.

http://static.ijreview.com/wp-conten...ght-loss-1.jpg

When they weighed in for their weight loss challenge, Shane weighed 467 pounds and was called, “a heart attack waiting to happen,” while Melissa weighed 255 pounds. They were given the goal of losing 200 pounds in 90 days and were told they would be married in six months.

“I need you to change because I want you to be here,” Marissa told Shane. “I want to have babies with you and grow old together.”

http://static.ijreview.com/wp-conten...ght-loss-3.jpg

At the 90 day weigh-in, they passed their weight loss goal with Marissa having dropped 63 pounds and Shane having lost 139 pounds. Little did they know, however, that this was the beginning of the end of their relationship.

n the next phase of their training, the trainers set new goals for the couple. Marissa went home to her family while Shane stayed in Arizona to continue his weight loss efforts with the trainers.

Though the wedding planning progressed, a visit to Marissa at home in Nashville revealed that the bride-to-be was depressed. Not because she missed Shane, but because she wasn’t sure she wanted to be “attached to his hip any longer.”

“I found out who the ‘Real Marissa’ is, and I don’t think the ‘Real Marissa’ needs Shane,” she said.

After allowing for some time for Marissa to determine whether she just had cold feet or wanted to call things off, the show brought Marissa and Shane together again where she broke things off. Shocked that Marissa was calling it quits after seven years together, Shane said the he ultimately wanted her to be happy and assured her that he would be okay.

http://static.ijreview.com/wp-conten...ght-loss-4.jpg

By the end of the weight loss challenge, Marissa had moved back to Ohio with her mother, was working with a suicide prevention center, and was happily single. She ended up losing 89 pounds.

Shane decided he loved Arizona and moved there permanently. He lost 242 pounds — a record for the show — and is preparing skin removal surgery.

MMXcalibur 07-03-2015 01:50 PM

Life would be better if everyone was gay.

Women are the devil.

BucEyedPea 07-03-2015 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 11579417)
Life would be better if everyone was gay.

Women are the devil.

Men are troublesome creatures—tho' necessary. :D

Demonpenz 07-03-2015 01:53 PM

When you grind out that loss you do change.

beach tribe 07-03-2015 02:21 PM

That bitch will be 220+ again in no time.

Hammock Parties 07-03-2015 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 11579444)
That bitch will be 220+ again in no time.

Right after she gets married to some fool.

RunKC 07-03-2015 02:28 PM

Marrying simply for looks is why divorce happens.

Sassy Squatch 07-03-2015 03:16 PM

LMAO was working with a suicide prevention center and happily single just sound so wrong in the same sentence.

PizzaDoughz 07-03-2015 03:44 PM

lol

BullJunkandIron 07-03-2015 03:58 PM

F that crack whore.

Holladay 07-03-2015 04:14 PM

A comedian, Seinfeld I think, once said "Marry for smarts not looks. As we age, the looks start to fade but we can do twinks to fix it a bit. Thus marry for smarts. We can fix looks but we can't fix stupid."

InChiefsHeaven 07-03-2015 04:22 PM

Meh. Worked out better for them both.

AustinChief 07-03-2015 04:25 PM

Wait, so she lost 89lbs? that means she still weighs 166lbs. In Texas that is still fat unless she is 6' tall with DD breasts.

KCUnited 07-03-2015 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holladay (Post 11579549)
A comedian, Seinfeld I think, once said "Marry for smarts not looks. As we age, the looks start to fade but we can do twinks to fix it a bit. Thus marry for smarts. We can fix looks but we can't fix stupid."

I definitely think this applies to a few here.

BigMeatballDave 07-03-2015 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 11579558)
Wait, so she lost 89lbs? that means she still weighs 166lbs. In Texas that is still fat unless she is 6' tall with DD breasts.

She does not look fat in that picture in the OP.

Well, unless you share Omaha's opinion on women.

Eleazar 07-03-2015 05:08 PM

She probably looks decent... When dressed.

She will end up with someone she deserves...

KCChiefsfan1234 07-03-2015 05:35 PM

She is 5'10". 166 is not too bad

BWillie 07-03-2015 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11579449)
Right after she gets married to some fool.

I'm a firm believer that relationships are bad for your health. Ever since I've been in a relationship I eat terribly. I eat horrible food. I go out to eat all the time. I work out less than ever. I'm perfectly content eating brown rice, water, and boiled chicken breasts but for some reason for women a meal is some social event that needs to be planned days out in advance.

When I was single I worked out 3 times a week, didn't have a sig other requiring me to do anything. I've recently began trying to eat more healthy, but that has done nothing to upset the warden, she just storms off complaining that I'm too picky.

Lonewolf Ed 07-03-2015 05:36 PM

She will put it all back on and then some once some fool marries her.

KCChiefsfan1234 07-03-2015 05:37 PM

I watched the show. I felt really bad for him when she told him. You can tell he was really hurt. But it is better that they found out before they got married.

Chromatic 07-03-2015 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 11579647)
I'm perfectly content eating brown rice, water, and boiled chicken breasts

I'm under the assumption that all that is not that bad if you mix some veggies in there and work out a couple times a week.

Deberg_1990 07-03-2015 05:51 PM

Would still the girl

BWillie 07-03-2015 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chromatic (Post 11579675)
I'm under the assumption that all that is not that bad if you mix some veggies in there and work out a couple times a week.

I've been reading some and watching some documentaries about the food industry and it's kind of scary. Now, morally, I could care less if they have chickens in confined cages, or feed Cows dog shit if all I care. But, the result of being more efficient and providing cheaper meat, grains and produce is more chemicals in our food and cancer causing agents. I still haven't made up my mind about it, but the more I read the more I get concerned.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-03-2015 07:02 PM

This thread just reminded me I need to get a divorce.

Reerun_KC 07-03-2015 07:08 PM

I can see why this upset Clayanus.

LoneWolf 07-03-2015 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 11579558)

Texas is one if the fattest states in the U.S.

AustinChief 07-03-2015 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 11579811)
Texas is one if the fattest states in the U.S.

True but there are few delusions about it. (barring San Antonio)

LoneWolf 07-03-2015 07:27 PM

When I read threads like this started by Clay, I can actually feel the little fat boy inside of him crying for acceptance.

POND_OF_RED 07-03-2015 07:36 PM

Well they do say you gain an inch on your penis for every 35 pounds lost. So losing 242 pounds could be very damaging on a vagina.

lewdog 07-03-2015 07:37 PM

Just imagine that loose hanging skin......all over.

tecumseh 07-03-2015 07:38 PM

He probably didn't have many/any sexual eperiences , considering his physical condition, beyond her. Let him get his knob waxed a time or two and he'll be all "who?, Shamo?"

DaneMcCloud 07-03-2015 07:41 PM

Quote:

I'm a firm believer that relationships are bad for your health. Ever since I've been in a relationship I eat terribly. I eat horrible food. I go out to eat all the time. I work out less than ever. I'm perfectly content eating brown rice, water, and boiled chicken breasts but for some reason for women a meal is some social event that needs to be planned days out in advance.

When I was single I worked out 3 times a week, didn't have a sig other requiring me to do anything. I've recently began trying to eat more healthy, but that has done nothing to upset the warden, she just storms off complaining that I'm too picky.

You need to man up and take control of your situation. Otherwise, you'll wake up one day, only to realize that you're 70 pounds overweight.

Also, if you refer to your SO as "The Warden", it's time to move on.

Good grief.

LoneWolf 07-03-2015 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 11579874)
Well they do say you gain an inch on your penis for every 35 pounds lost. So losing 242 pounds could be very damaging on a vagina.

Everyone on CP must have lost a shit load of weight.

stevieray 07-03-2015 07:51 PM

she moved in with her mom?

ya dude, she did you a favor.

ultimately, kudos to her for not wrecking his life down the road by marrying him with doubts.

Hootie 07-03-2015 07:53 PM

What a Bitch

DaneMcCloud 07-03-2015 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11579919)
What a Bitch

Actually, I disagree.

She inspired him to lose 242 POUNDS. He lost more weight than most people WEIGH.

He improved his health, he found a passion, moved on and is doing much better in life. While it's too bad their relationship ended, they're both better off, especially him.

Win for him. Huge win.

KChiefs1 07-03-2015 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 11579420)
When you grind out that loss you do change.

Losing that much weight changes you. You look at life differently.
I bet one of the biggest results of losing weight is divorce or breakups.

KChiefs1 07-03-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11579876)

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07...0bbdd72a33.jpg

KChiefs1 07-03-2015 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11579876)

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07...06cd2626a9.jpg

Hootie 07-03-2015 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11579959)
Actually, I disagree.

She inspired him to lose 242 POUNDS. He lost more weight than most people WEIGH.

He improved his health, he found a passion, moved on and is doing much better in life. While it's too bad their relationship ended, they're both better off, especially him.

Win for him. Huge win.

Not the point ... She got skinny, went home, got attention, ****ed other dudes, and then made an excuse. Let's not pretend otherwise

Eureka 07-03-2015 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan1234 (Post 11579651)
I watched the show. I felt really bad for him when she told him. You can tell he was really hurt. But it is better that they found out before they got married.

She was the break up-er and he was the break up-ee. Getting dumped can suck. I've had it happen once or twice to me but I've done more breaking up overall.

His X is half way across the country. That helps to move on. Good for him!

Hootie 07-03-2015 08:23 PM

He was probably a total dweeb...and when she lost that weight she started getting the attention she never got before and decided to be a slut. Fine, I get it. But definitely a Bitch move

DaneMcCloud 07-03-2015 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11580005)
Not the point ... She got skinny, went home, got attention, ****ed other dudes, and then made an excuse. Let's not pretend otherwise

The most important part is that HE lost 220+ pounds.

That she ended up as a "bitch" is irrelevant.

That relationship was the best thing that ever happened to him.

Hootie 07-03-2015 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11580017)
The most important part is that HE lost 220+ pounds.

That she ended up as a "bitch" is irrelevant.

That relationship was the best thing that ever happened to him.

I don't disagree, Dane, at all. I disagree with your notion that you disagree it was a Bitch move solely because he bettered his life. She was clearly good for him ... Doesn't mean he deserves being left behind like that because she upgraded her life as well

Hootie 07-03-2015 08:28 PM

And I can guarantee you she left because she figured out she could get the attention she never got before ... 100% certainty ... I used to bang a young girl who lost like 90 lbs and they NEVER shed their fat girl insecurity

lewdog 07-03-2015 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11580025)
And I can guarantee you she left because she figured out she could get the attention she never got before ... 100% certainty ... I used to bang a young girl who lost like 90 lbs and they NEVER shed their fat girl insecurity

You banged Clay's sister?

Hootie 07-03-2015 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11580030)
You banged Clay's sister?

I mean, I would

DaneMcCloud 07-03-2015 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11580022)
I don't disagree, Dane, at all. I disagree with your notion that you disagree it was a Bitch move solely because he bettered his life. She was clearly good for him ... Doesn't mean he deserves being left behind like that because she upgraded her life as well

A "bitch" move would have been, IMO, if she had lost significant weight but he failed to do the same.

As it turned out, he lost significantly more weight, found a new passion and a new place to live, not out of pity or spite. Yet, she moved back home to her mom.

Seems to me, he's the lottery winner here.

Hootie 07-03-2015 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11580048)
A "bitch" move would have been, IMO, if she had lost significant weight but he failed to do the same.

As it turned out, he lost significantly more weight, found a new passion and a new place to live, not out of pity or spite. Yet, she moved back home to her mom.

Ok you win

Deberg_1990 07-03-2015 08:36 PM

"Drop that zero and get with the Hero"

Claythan Weendlerr

Hammock Parties 07-03-2015 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 11579797)
I can see why this upset Clayanus.

Doesn't really upset me. Clearly he is better off.

I do think it is funny how women can jump ship the minute they start getting other male attention. Everything they built together for 7 years went out the window when she realized she had other options.

stevieray 07-03-2015 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11580048)

Yup, plus his options have increased as well. wouldn't suprise me if he's breathing a sigh a relif and looking forward to his future.

Hammock Parties 07-03-2015 09:03 PM

Quote:

Sounds like you are dating the wrong person.

I dated a wonderful girl for a month earlier this year. We NEVER went out to dinner. She was the most low maintenance, smartest, prettiest girl I've ever encountered. She really broke the mold.

Chromatic 07-03-2015 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11580117)
Doesn't really upset me. Clearly he is better off.

I do think it is funny how women can jump ship the minute they start getting other male attention. Everything they built together for 7 years went out the window when she realized she had other options.

But they didn't build a damn thing. They were just in a toxic codependent relationship and once she lost the weight, got some confidence, got healthier, and started seeing more of life she wanted to move on.

That's ****ing normal and healthy.

ThaVirus 07-03-2015 10:44 PM

Why is it the norm to call someone that ends a relationship an asshole/bitch?

Is it wrong for someone to do what makes them happy/they think is right for them? Should they continue a relationship for no reason other than the fact that they started one?

notorious 07-03-2015 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11580169)

I dated a wonderful girl for a month earlier this year. We NEVER went out to dinner. She was the most low maintenance, smartest, prettiest girl I've ever encountered. She really broke the mold.

....past tense?

DaneMcCloud 07-03-2015 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11580439)
Why is it the norm to call someone that ends a relationship an asshole/bitch?

Is it wrong for someone to do what makes them happy/they think is right for them? Should they continue a relationship for no reason other than the fact that they started one?

It's not the "Norm".

Clay is a He-Man Woman Hater.

Isn't that obvious?

Hammock Parties 07-03-2015 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11580445)
....past tense?

Yes. Sometimes things don't work out. Amazing woman, though. Truly. I only wish she realized it (low self esteem).

ThaVirus 07-03-2015 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11580446)
It's not the "Norm".

Clay is a He-Man Woman Hater.

Isn't that obvious?

It happens often. Very often.

DaneMcCloud 07-03-2015 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11580493)
It happens often. Very often.

Then you need to look within. Then, and only then, will you be able to choose well.

It's a hard lesson to learn, one that I had to learn on my own as well. But if you truly seek a great relationship filled with trust, it's the only way.

ThaVirus 07-03-2015 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11580500)
Then you need to look within. Then, and only then, will you be able to choose well.

It's a hard lesson to learn, one that I had to learn on my own as well. But if you truly seek a great relationship filled with trust, it's the only way.

Huh? What the balls are you talking about, Mr Miyagi?

Pasta Little Brioni 07-04-2015 08:02 AM

Mr. Dane McYagi??? ROFL

WhiteWhale 07-04-2015 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11580011)
He was probably a total dweeb...and when she lost that weight she started getting the attention she never got before and decided to be a slut. Fine, I get it. But definitely a Bitch move

Good god you're so transparent it's embarrassing idiots on this site ask you for dating advice.

Iowanian 07-04-2015 10:17 AM

It is a predictable phenomenon. Locally we have a running joke about the symptoms of a pending divorce or breakup.

Significant weight loss
Sparkle butt jeans
Radical new haircut
Change of clothing style
Tattoo
Stack of non-husband dicks
Breakup.

It works well enough we often are able to predict them as much as a year ahead of time.

Hammock Parties 07-04-2015 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 11580745)
It is a predictable phenomenon. Locally we have a running joke about the symptoms of a pending divorce or breakup.

Significant weight loss
Sparkle butt jeans
Radical new haircut
Change of clothing style
Tattoo
Breakup.

It works well enough we often are able to predict them as much as a year ahead of time.

Tell us a story, mr Iowanian.

Hootie 07-04-2015 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 11580726)
Good god you're so transparent it's embarrassing idiots on this site ask you for dating advice.

Rofl

Rausch 07-04-2015 10:26 AM

Quote:

Significant weight loss
Sparkle butt jeans
Radical new haircut
Change of clothing style
Tattoo
Breakup.

On a related note a guy who'd quit where I work about 2 years ago just came back last week. He looks like he's lost a good 50lbs, he's in good shape, and when he walked up his first day I said "so, you get divorced?"

Him: "Well, almost. It was bad for a while but we made up."

Yup. People be people...

ChiliConCarnage 07-04-2015 10:40 AM

How can the final pic be real. It has her at 170 and him still well into the 200+ range. Those ppl look 50+ pounds skinnier than that

Rain Man 07-04-2015 02:51 PM

Has anyone speculated yet that she had a fat fetish? It would be really disappointing in that case for your fiance to lose a lot of weight.

HemiEd 07-04-2015 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11579959)
Actually, I disagree.

Win for him. Huge win.

Your best post, ever.

KChiefs1 07-04-2015 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11580169)

How did you **** it up?

Hammock Parties 07-04-2015 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 11581147)
How did you **** it up?

Didn't **** anything up. Sometimes life circumstances get in the way. Bad timing.

Anyong Bluth 07-04-2015 05:22 PM

except that she's still not hot.

He'll be way better off in the long run.

Valiant 07-05-2015 07:33 AM

Quote:

Significant weight loss
Sparkle butt jeans
Radical new haircut
Change of clothing style
Tattoo
Breakup.

Yup,

Add.. going to the gym, getting new friends, work social events..

ChiTown 07-05-2015 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11581166)
Didn't **** anything up. Sometimes life circumstances get in the way. Bad timing.

She found out you like Dungeons and Dragons?