ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2015-2016 NHL Offseason/Regular Season Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293120)

DaFace 06-25-2015 08:21 PM

2015-2016 NHL Offseason/Regular Season Thread

Since the draft is tomorrow, seems like now is as good a time as any to start a new thread for the new season.

DaFace 06-25-2015 08:23 PM

The Avs are moving things around. Traded a 6th-round pick for Carl Soderberg's rights (he's UFA on July 1), so they apparently think they can sign him. In other words...bye bye O'Reilly.

I just hope we can get reasonable value for O'Reilly. We need an impact player, period. Can't say I'll be sad to see his salary expectations go, though.

Demonpenz 06-25-2015 10:06 PM

Penguins need toughness.

chiefs1111 06-26-2015 05:02 PM

Sounds like O'Reilly to the Sabres could be close

DaFace 06-26-2015 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs1111 (Post 11568182)
Sounds like O'Reilly to the Sabres could be close

Tis done.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06...cdb6206c1b.jpg

Deberg_1990 06-26-2015 05:57 PM

Heyz guyz, rate my NHL mock?

chiefs1111 06-26-2015 06:01 PM

Love the Flyers pick. We have a really good core of young d-men coming up for us

Chiefs4TheWin 06-26-2015 06:12 PM

My Penguins dont pick till 2nd round.. David Perron was totally worth it.................................................................................................. ......................................................

Bearcat 06-26-2015 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11568232)

Interesting, guess we'll find out in a few years... two mid first round picks and an early second... at least they got something for O'Reilly now.

Can't believe Boston got rid of Dougie Hamilton, but didn't see him play as much this year... they must have some big salary cap issues.

Just Passin' By 06-26-2015 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 11568285)
Interesting, guess we'll find out in a few years... two mid first round picks and an early second... at least they got something for O'Reilly now.

Can't believe Boston got rid of Dougie Hamilton, but didn't see him play as much this year... they must have some big salary cap issues.

Their cap situation was terrible but, even with it, the Hamilton move is a head scratcher. I think most Bruins fans would love to know what the hell the brain trust has been thinking with all the moves today. They wouldn't pay Hamilton, but they signed McQuaid for $2.75m per year over four.

The Poz 06-26-2015 10:36 PM

Love my Flames going out and nabbing 22 year old Dougie Hamilton. Huge get that fills a big need.

MMXcalibur 06-27-2015 10:44 AM

Mike Colligan @MikeColligan
Lots of conflicting info, but #Pens Kessel packages last 24 hours sound substantial. Leafs seem to be waiting for Rutherford to go all in.

This will not end well.
I don't trust Rutherford on making any moves after he got hosed for Despres at the deadline.

Chiefs4TheWin 06-27-2015 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 11569255)
Mike Colligan @MikeColligan
Lots of conflicting info, but #Pens Kessel packages last 24 hours sound substantial. Leafs seem to be waiting for Rutherford to go all in.

This will not end well.
I don't trust Rutherford on making any moves after he got hosed for Despres at the deadline.

Rutherford will be the end of us. He will rip us down from the inside before he leaves.

Also yeah we get rid of lovejoy for a reason

Rams Fan 06-27-2015 02:59 PM

If Oshie is a Blue next season, Armstrong should GTFO.

OnTheWarpath15 06-30-2015 03:45 PM

Wow, that escalated quickly.

Brandon Saad dealt to Columbus.

Rams Fan 06-30-2015 03:56 PM

A few things:

1. Trading Jones for a 1st doesn't even justify most of Sweeney's moves over the past week. The Lucic trade(thus resulting in Jones) is the one thing he can hang his hat on.

2. Dallas is stupid if they think Niemi/Lehtonen as a duo will work out. It won't.

3. The Kings should be penalized for what they did with Richards.

DaFace 06-30-2015 04:02 PM

Rule changes for next year are now official:

http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=772168

Quote:

LAS VEGAS – The National Hockey League Board of Governors today approved rules changes for the 2015-16 season that will change the overtime format to 3-on-3 for five minutes, expand the use of video review to include a Coach's Challenge within a limited scope of scenarios and amend face-off protocol.

The Board acted on the series of recommendations it received from the NHL/NHLPA Competition Committee and the NHL General Managers.

3-on-3 Overtime

1. Teams play an additional overtime period of not more than five (5) minutes with the team scoring first declared the winner and being awarded an additional point.

2. The overtime period will be played with each team at 3-on-3 manpower (plus goaltender) for the full five-minute period.

3. Manpowers during overtime will be adjusted to reflect the situation in the game, but at no time will a team have fewer than three (3) skaters on the ice during the overtime period. For example, if a team enters the overtime period on a power play, manpower would be adjusted from 5 on 4 at the end of regulation to 4 on 3 at the start of overtime. If a minor penalty is assessed during overtime, the teams will play 4 on 3. If a second minor penalty is assessed to the same team during overtime, the teams will play 5 on 3.

4. If the game remains tied at the end of the five (5) minute overtime period, the teams will proceed to a three-round shootout. After each team has taken three shots, if the score remains tied, the shootout will proceed to a "sudden death" format.

5. Clubs who pull their goaltender for an extra attacker during the overtime period (other than on a delayed penalty) will be subject to the potential forfeiture of their one (1) point earned for the tie at the end of regulation in the event the opposing team scores into the empty net.

6. At the end of regulation, the entire ice surface will be shoveled and the goalies will change ends. There will be no further ice surface maintenance during the balance of overtime period. Following the overtime period and before the shootout, the ice surface will be shoveled again, and the goalies will change ends.

Expanded Video Review

This expanded video review is intended to be extremely narrow in scope and the original call on the ice is to be overturned if, and only if, a determination is made by the on-ice Official(s) (in consultation with the Toronto Video Room) that the original call on the ice was not correct. If a review is not conclusive and/or there is any doubt whatsoever as to whether the call on the ice was correct, the on-ice Official(s) will be instructed to confirm their original call.

Coach's Challenge

1. A team may only request a Coach's Challenge to review the following scenarios:

a) "Off-Side" Play Leading to a Goal. A play that results in a "GOAL" call on the ice where the defending team asserts that the play should have been stopped by reason of an "Off-Side" infraction by the attacking team.

b) Scoring Plays Involving Potential "Interference on the Goalkeeper"

(i) A play that results in a "GOAL" call on the ice where the defending team asserts that the goal should have been disallowed due to "Interference on the Goalkeeper," as described in Rules 69.1, 69.3 and 69.4; or

(ii) A play that results in a "NO GOAL" call on the ice despite the puck having entered the net, where the on-ice Officials have determined that the attacking team was guilty of "Interference on the Goalkeeper" but where the attacking team asserts: (i) there was no actual contact of any kind initiated by an attacking Player with the goalkeeper; or (ii) the attacking Player was pushed, shoved, or fouled by a defending Player causing the attacking Player to come into contact with the goalkeeper; or (iii) the attacking Player's positioning within the goal crease did not impair the goalkeeper's ability to defend his goal and, in fact, had no discernible impact on the play.

2. A team may only request a Coach's Challenge if they have their time-out available and the Coach's Challenge must be effectively initiated prior to the resumption of play.

3. If the Coach's Challenge does not result in the original call on the ice being overturned, the team exercising such challenge will forfeit its time-out.

4. If the Coach's Challenge does result in the call on the ice being overturned, the team successfully exercising such challenge will retain its time-out.

League Initiated Review

1. In the final minute of play in the 3rd Period and at any point in Overtime (Regular Season and Playoffs), Hockey Operations will initiate the review of any scenario that would otherwise be subject to a Coach's Challenge.

2. Hockey Operations will continue to initiate and be responsible for the review of all goals subject to Video Review under Rule 38.4. Where a Coach's Challenge is available on a scoring play potentially involving "Interference on the Goalkeeper" or "Off-Side," Hockey Operations will, as an initial and threshold matter, determine that the puck entered the net and is a good hockey goal before the play will be subject to further review by means of a Coach's Challenge (or, in the final minute of play or in Overtime, a review initiated by Hockey Operations). If a team requests a Coach's Challenge but Video Review under Rule 38.4 renders such Challenge unnecessary, then the Challenge will be deemed not to have been made and the timeout will be preserved.

Additional Notes Regarding Scenarios Subject to Expanded Video Review

1. The League will make available in all arenas, technology (either a handheld tablet or a television or computer monitor) that will allow on-ice Officials, in conjunction with the Toronto Video Room, to view replays if, and only to the extent, a formal Coach's Challenge has been initiated (or, in the final minute of play or in Overtime, a review by Hockey Operations is initiated). To the extent practical, the replays made available to the Officials on the ice will be the same replays that are being utilized by the Toronto Video Room.

2 Once a Challenge has been initiated (or, in the final minute of play or in Overtime, a review is initiated by Hockey Operations), the Toronto Video Room will immediately establish contact with the Referee (or Linesman) responsible for the call on the ice via the headset and will inquire and discuss with the Referee (or Linesman), prior to the Referee (or Linesman) examining any video, the following: (a) the Referee's (or Linesman's) "final" call on the ice; and (b) what the Referee (or Linesman) observed on the play.

3. The on-ice call will then be reviewed simultaneously by the appropriate on-ice Officials at ice level and by Hockey Operations in the Toronto Video Room using any and all replays at their disposal. After reviewing the play and consulting with the Toronto Video Room, the appropriate on-ice Officials will then make the "final" decision on whether to uphold or overturn the original call on the ice. Once the decision is made, the Referee will inform the Penalty Timekeeper/PA Announcer and will make the announcement on the ice.

Plays Potentially Involving An "Off-Side" Infraction

1. The standard for overturning the call in the event of a "GOAL" call on the ice is that the Linesman, after reviewing any and all available replays and consulting with the Toronto Video Room, determines that one or more Players on the attacking team preceded the puck into the attacking zone prior to the goal being scored and that, as a result, the play should have been stopped for an "Off-Side" infraction; where this standard is met, the goal will be disallowed.

2. Goals will only be reviewed for a potential "Off-Side" infraction if: (a) the puck does not come out of the attacking zone again; or (b) all members of the attacking team do not clear the attacking zone again, between the time of the "Off-Side" play and the time the goal is scored.

3. In the event a goal is reversed due to the Linesman determining that the play was "Off-Side" prior to the goal being scored, the clock (including penalty time clocks, if applicable) will be re-set to the time at which the play should have been stopped for the "Off-Side" infraction.

Plays Potentially Involving "Interference on the Goalkeeper"

1. The standard for overturning the call in the event of a "GOAL" call on the ice is that the Referee, after reviewing any and all available replays and consulting with the Toronto Video Room, determines that the goal should have been disallowed due to "Interference on the Goalkeeper," as described in Rules 69.1, 69.3 and 69.4.

2. The standard for overturning the call in the event of a "NO GOAL" call on the ice is that the Referee, after reviewing any and all replays and consulting with the Toronto Video Room, determines that the goal on the ice should have been allowed because either: (i) there was no actual contact of any kind initiated by the attacking Player with the goalkeeper; or (ii) the attacking Player was pushed, shoved or fouled by a defending Player causing the attacking Player to come into contact with the goalkeeper; or (iii) the attacking Player's positioning within the crease did not impair the goalkeeper's ability to defend his goal and, in fact, had no discernible impact on the play.

3. The Video Review process on these plays (whether initiated by way of a Coach's Challenge or by Hockey Operations in the final minute of play or in Overtime) will be utilized exclusively for purposes of confirming or overturning a "GOAL" or "NO GOAL" call on the ice on scoring plays potentially involving "Interference on the Goalkeeper." The Video Review process on these plays -- regardless of its outcome -- will not be utilized for any other purpose, including, specifically, for assessing minor or major penalties for Goalkeeper Interference.

Rule 76.4, Face-Offs – Paragraph 2

When the face-off takes place at any of the nine face-off spots, the players taking part shall take their position so that they will stand squarely facing their opponent's end of the rink, and clear of the ice markings (where applicable). The sticks of both players facing-off shall have the blade on the ice, within the designated white area. At the eight face-off spots (excluding center ice face-off spot), the defending player shall place his stick within the designated white area first followed immediately by the attacking player. When the face-off is conducted at the center ice face-off spot, the visiting player shall place his stick on the ice first.
I'm glad that offsides on goals will be reviewable - that should be a pretty quick and easy determination. Not sure what I think about goaltender interference - that one's so subjective that I have doubts that those calls are going to be uncontroversial. Still, there have definitely been a ton of shitty interference calls lately, so I guess it'll be nice to at least try to make that better.

Rams Fan 06-30-2015 04:04 PM

Bieksa just traded to Anaheim for a 2nd.

OnTheWarpath15 06-30-2015 04:05 PM

I was looking for this thread and couldn't find it.

Brandon Saad to Columbus. Didn't see that one coming.

OnTheWarpath15 06-30-2015 04:07 PM

Damn, they traded him within the division. Don't see that too often.

DaFace 06-30-2015 04:36 PM

I'm starting to get excited for tomorrow. Avs need one more top-4 (preferably top-2) D-man, and they actually have cap room for once.

DaFace 06-30-2015 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 11574211)
I was looking for this thread and couldn't find it.

Brandon Saad to Columbus. Didn't see that one coming.

I'll be curious to see how the Hawks are next year. They're still, very, very (very) good, but you have to feel like their run has to be getting close to done. Too many guys making too much money these days.

MMXcalibur 06-30-2015 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 11574214)
Damn, they traded him within the division. Don't see that too often.

Columbus is no longer in the Blackhawks division.
Been that way for 2 years.

OnTheWarpath15 06-30-2015 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 11574294)
Columbus is no longer in the Blackhawks division.
Been that way for 2 years.

I was referring to Bieksa.

CaliforniaChief 06-30-2015 05:33 PM

The Kings/Richards thing is interesting. Information is scarce, other than that the Kings were made aware of a situation with the RCMP on Friday, leading them to shelve trade talks with Edmonton/Calgary and dumping Richards with cause.

It's a big risk, because if what Richards did isn't a big big deal, they're going to have a hard time with trust in the locker room, IMO.

OnTheWarpath15 06-30-2015 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 11574362)
The Kings/Richards thing is interesting. Information is scarce, other than that the Kings were made aware of a situation with the RCMP on Friday, leading them to shelve trade talks with Edmonton/Calgary and dumping Richards with cause.

It's a big risk, because if what Richards did isn't a big big deal, they're going to have a hard time with trust in the locker room, IMO.

Sounds like Richards was trying to get Oxycodone over the border.

tk13 06-30-2015 11:01 PM

http://deadspin.com/report-says-coyo...lls-1715093618

There's a report that the Coyotes are going to move to Las Vegas, but everyone and their dog is calling it false.

MMXcalibur 07-01-2015 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 11574342)
I was referring to Bieksa.

Ah, my fault, the previous post made it seem like you were talking about Saad.

In any case, should be a fun day watching the Leafs fall over themselves signing middle-of-the-road players to stupid contracts.

The Poz 07-01-2015 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 11575228)
Ah, my fault, the previous post made it seem like you were talking about Saad.

In any case, should be a fun day watching the Leafs fall over themselves signing middle-of-the-road players to stupid contracts.

Who will be this years David Clarkson?

OnTheWarpath15 07-01-2015 10:36 AM

Hearing a filthy rumor that the Blues are considering dealing Shattenkirk.

OnTheWarpath15 07-01-2015 10:55 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Leafs?src=hash">#Leafs</a> Kessel traded to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Penguins?src=hash">#Penguins</a></p>&mdash; Nick Kypreos (@RealKyper) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/616288987255283712">July 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DaFace 07-01-2015 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 11575566)
Hearing a filthy rumor that the Blues are considering dealing Shattenkirk.

Ouch. I still miss him, though Barrie has taken the sting off a bit.

DaFace 07-01-2015 11:05 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NEWS: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Avs?src=hash">#Avs</a> sign D Francois Beauchemin and F Blake Comeau. <a href="http://t.co/7t4w1rL2EX">pic.twitter.com/7t4w1rL2EX</a></p>&mdash; Colorado Avalanche (@Avalanche) <a href="https://twitter.com/Avalanche/status/616286259670065152">July 1, 2015</a></blockquote>

I know nothing about Comeau, but we need all the help we can get in our bottom six. As for Beauchemin, I'm glad to have him, but not sure what I think of a 3-year contract on another old guy.

The Avs are developing an impressive generation gap between the young core and the old men.

OnTheWarpath15 07-01-2015 11:08 AM

Sounds like Toronto got fleeced.

Just Passin' By 07-01-2015 11:16 AM

Quote:

TOR gets 1st round pick, Kapanen and Harrington for Kessel from PIT.
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...92781384990720

Quote:

Kessel trade could be bigger hearing Spaling involved and Pitt also gets Torontos 2nd round pick.
https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...93416440348672

There's also talk of Toronto paying some of Kessel's deal.

Quote:

Also told Toronto is eating between15-25% of Kessel contract.
https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...94359944810496

The final details will be interesting, and that Pittsburgh power play should be must see TV.

OnTheWarpath15 07-01-2015 11:18 AM

Jackman stays in division - signs 2 year, $4M contract with Nashville.

OnTheWarpath15 07-01-2015 11:26 AM

Preach.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Penguins get Phil Kessel at $6.75 million through 2022 and don&#39;t give up Pouliot or Maata. How the hell isn&#39;t that a win?</p>&mdash; Greg Wyshynski (@wyshynski) <a href="https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/616296056435965952">July 1, 2015</a></blockquote>

OnTheWarpath15 07-01-2015 11:56 AM

Damn, gonna be a good week for Tarasenko. Gets married today, going to become a very wealthy man pretty soon with a long term deal.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="ru" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/bluesbeacon">@bluesbeacon</a> Свадьба в Новосибирске <a href="http://t.co/gmo44gTiGn">pic.twitter.com/gmo44gTiGn</a></p>&mdash; Сергей Нерманов в ВК (@SergeiTato) <a href="https://twitter.com/SergeiTato/status/616300797576519680">July 1, 2015</a></blockquote>

OnTheWarpath15 07-01-2015 11:58 AM

Just read a tweet that her dress is made of one huge offer sheet from another NFL team.

LMAO

CaliforniaChief 07-01-2015 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 11575747)
Just read a tweet that her dress is made of one huge offer sheet from another NFL team.

LMAO

LMAO

OnTheWarpath15 07-01-2015 01:34 PM

Jesus. There is some serious smoke to the Shattenkirk rumors apparently.

Still makes no sense - apparently the team is concerned about a long term deal when they have Bo and Petro on the books. Why not deal Bo? Why deal the young guy?

If true, they better get a HAUL in return.

DJ's left nut 07-01-2015 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 11575925)
Jesus. There is some serious smoke to the Shattenkirk rumors apparently.

Still makes no sense - apparently the team is concerned about a long term deal when they have Bo and Petro on the books. Why not deal Bo? Why deal the young guy?

If true, they better get a HAUL in return.

Because this management team has no concept of why they succeed and why they fail.

If they really feel like bringing back Hitch and Bouwmeester while trading Shattenkirk will in any way improve this hockey club, it's just proof that they're stuck in the late 90s when you could trap and maul your way to wins.

Frankly, I don't give a shit what they do at this point. They really do need to recognize that they had a window of 3 years and it's closed now. The 'core', even if they can keep it together, has rotted. It's developed a losers mentality (as evidenced by Oshie's 'information overload' bullshit). The Blackhawks core players aren't more talented than the Blues, but their leaders actually lead.

Bouwmeester, Backes, Steen and Oshie all need to go. Jackman needed to go as well. Blow it up and build it around Tarasenko, Schwartz, Lehtera, Jaskin, Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, Lindbohm and Fabbri.

Keep Ott on the roster for the entire offseason and then behead the mother****er at center-ice as a sacrifice to the 'grit' Gods or whatever else it is that Armstrong seems to believe controls wins in this league. Perhaps that will lift the curse of Scotty Bowman.

Seriously...this team actually believes that Steve Ott helps you win hockey games. I just cannot wrap my mind around that.

Yeah, I'm convinced that they're simply 15 years behind the league.

MMXcalibur 07-02-2015 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 11575676)
Preach.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Penguins get Phil Kessel at $6.75 million through 2022 and don&#39;t give up Pouliot or Maata. How the hell isn&#39;t that a win?</p>&mdash; Greg Wyshynski (@wyshynski) <a href="https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/616296056435965952">July 1, 2015</a></blockquote>

This x 10000

Leafs may have been a bit hamstrung based on Kessel's list of teams, but not giving up the core of the Penguins youth on defense is huge going forward.

Predarat 07-02-2015 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11575633)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">NEWS: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Avs?src=hash">#Avs</a> sign D Francois Beauchemin and F Blake Comeau. <a href="http://t.co/7t4w1rL2EX">pic.twitter.com/7t4w1rL2EX</a></p>&mdash; Colorado Avalanche (@Avalanche) <a href="https://twitter.com/Avalanche/status/616286259670065152">July 1, 2015</a></blockquote>

I know nothing about Comeau, but we need all the help we can get in our bottom six. As for Beauchemin, I'm glad to have him, but not sure what I think of a 3-year contract on another old guy.

The Avs are developing an impressive generation gap between the young core and the old men.

Comeau is certainly a good addition to bottom six, a good energy hitting guy, kind of small but at times can produce offensively. Similar to Maxim Talbot.

Predarat 07-02-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 11575657)
Jackman stays in division - signs 2 year, $4M contract with Nashville.

I was happy with that move for the Preds, I think he can help them. And I think he is an LD, and thats what they need because they keep having to try a RD on their off side.

chiefs1111 07-02-2015 11:44 AM

Martin St. Louis has retired

Predarat 07-02-2015 11:46 AM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psmewmlws2.jpg

Pushead2 07-02-2015 12:57 PM

Voynov gets 90 days in jail & 3yrs probation.

ChiefsCountry 07-02-2015 03:01 PM

BREAKING NEWS: The Blues have acquired Troy Brouwer, Phoenix Copley and a 2016 third-round pick from the Washington Capitals in exchange for T.J. Oshie. More details coming soon. ‪#‎stlblues‬ ‪#‎OurBlues

From Blues Facebook page.

DJ's left nut 07-02-2015 03:07 PM

And with that, I'm done.

I was probably done anyway, but the Blues traded Oshie (don't care) for an older version of Chris Stewart who carries the same cap hit as Oshie and is a FA in a year. They got older, slower and less skilled.

Like I said a couple days ago, this is proof to me that these guys are 15 years behind and simply don't know how to win. Armstrong and Hitchcock are guessing at this point.

I'm out. Wake me when they've broomed the front office.

Predarat 07-02-2015 04:04 PM

Shit the Blues got prison raped in that one. Trotz is going to love the hell out of Oshie.

MMXcalibur 07-02-2015 04:47 PM

WTF, St. Louis....that's a horrible ****ing trade.

DJ's left nut 07-02-2015 04:53 PM

C'mon, KC - get a goddamn hockey team to Kansas City so I can cut ties with these worthless ****ups once and for all.

KCinNY 07-02-2015 08:06 PM

Not loving the Oshie for Brouwer trade.

I wonder what other trades may be forthcoming from Armstrong in the coming weeks. Haven't heard any rumors.

I'm probably in the minority among Blues fans, but I don't want them to move Backes.

Rams Fan 07-02-2015 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCinNY (Post 11578781)
Not loving the Oshie for Brouwer trade.

I wonder what other trades may be forthcoming from Armstrong in the coming weeks. Haven't heard any rumors.

I'm probably in the minority among Blues fans, but I don't want them to move Backes.

I don't want Backes gone. If they don't make another move, I'm fairly content with the lineup currently. Though, Ott's worthless ass can GTFO. I'm fine with Backes/Berglund/Steen staying. Backes is forced to be in a shutdown role which further hampers his offensive opportunities.

As for the Oshie deal, I get why people are ripping on it. However, I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be. When the entire ****ing league knows you want to deal a player, it's highly unlikely you'll get a fair return(see: Kessel).

Chiefs4TheWin 07-02-2015 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs1111 (Post 11577896)
Martin St. Louis has retired

Awwwwwww man. Huge respect for MSL!!!! As a Penguins fan, to see him get his entire face ripped out in our series with the lightning, then play the next game and come back from 3-1, then when his mother died while with the Rangers, and they come back and beat us down 3-1. Guy has my eternal respect.

Chiefs4TheWin 07-02-2015 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 11575676)
Preach.

On an 8 year contract none the less, sucks to lose Kapenen, but for the winger we ""NEEDED"" this trade was a win, lol on Toronto eating 15% of the salary. Also good luck to Paul Martin. Amazing letter to Pens fans in the local papers.

Edit- Paul Martin Letter to Pens fans. http://www.theplayerstribune.com/pau...nguins-letter/

CaliforniaChief 07-03-2015 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 11578417)
C'mon, KC - get a goddamn hockey team to Kansas City so I can cut ties with these worthless ****ups once and for all.

I'm with you. I mean, I love the Kings, but always with the caveat that the MOMENT KC gets a team, I'm gone.

Is there ANY possibility of this happening? Sounds like KC is at least 3rd or 4th in line at this point.

KCinNY 07-03-2015 07:46 AM

I, too, would love it if K.C. landed an NHL team for the Sprint Center. I'd love to drop the Blues in favor of a local team.

I heard that the Coyotes are having all kinds of problems with their lease/arena....but I also heard that they will be moving to Vegas if they move at all.

ChiefsCountry 07-03-2015 03:38 PM

Come on the Blues are just an extension of the Chiefs for us. August to April, same stuff, different league, different city, same results.

Discuss Thrower 07-03-2015 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCinNY (Post 11579225)
I, too, would love it if K.C. landed an NHL team for the Sprint Center. I'd love to drop the Blues in favor of a local team.

I heard that the Coyotes are having all kinds of problems with their lease/arena....but I also heard that they will be moving to Vegas if they move at all.

If I were to guess the likelihood of where the Coyotes play five years from now, I'd rank it:

Phoenix > Seattle > Quebec City > Las Vegas > KC.

Mother****erJones 07-03-2015 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs4TheWin (Post 11579137)
On an 8 year contract none the less, sucks to lose Kapenen, but for the winger we ""NEEDED"" this trade was a win, lol on Toronto eating 15% of the salary. Also good luck to Paul Martin. Amazing letter to Pens fans in the local papers.

Edit- Paul Martin Letter to Pens fans. http://www.theplayerstribune.com/pau...nguins-letter/

Kessel needs to come in not be the "cancer" he supposedly was in Toronto. New team with Crosby and Malkin should make that a near certainty.

Gadzooks 07-03-2015 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11579508)
If I were to guess the likelihood of where the Coyotes play five years from now, I'd rank it:

Phoenix > Seattle > Quebec City > Las Vegas > KC.

I'd move Q.C. above Seattle and add Hamilton at the end.

The way I see it if Phoenix is out of the picture:

Quebec City > Las Vegas> Seattle > KC > Hamilton

Montreal and Ottawa will complain about Q.C.
Las Vegas is a heat score for the gambling
Vancouver will complain about Seattle
St. Louis will complain about K.C.
Toronto and Buffalo will complain about Hamilton

Quebec City has already had a successful NHL team in the past and is probably a better NHL market than Winnipeg is now.

If anything, the NHL should avoid Vegas. The USFL and CFL have proven that in the past but the money offers for a franchise might be overwhelming to the NHL.

Seattle and K.C. would be the next markets based on population.

Hamilton is still a highly viable site in terms of possible revenue with it's placement in the "Golden Horseshoe" and the backing of Blackberry ex CEO Jim Balsillie.

DaFace 07-06-2015 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 11579223)
I'm with you. I mean, I love the Kings, but always with the caveat that the MOMENT KC gets a team, I'm gone.

Is there ANY possibility of this happening? Sounds like KC is at least 3rd or 4th in line at this point.

Mellinger says KC isn't in the conversation for this round of expansion.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...e26509780.html

And a little more context from Puck Daddy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...155312472.html

Bearcat 07-06-2015 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11583556)
Mellinger says KC isn't in the conversation for this round of expansion.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...e26509780.html

And a little more context from Puck Daddy.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...155312472.html

Ouch...

Quote:

It was built in large part because the sports and entertainment management company AEG promised to do everything it could to bring a pro team to Kansas City.

AEG is now heavily involved in landing a NHL expansion team — for Las Vegas, in a new building the company owns and manages.
Doesn't seem like a great idea for the NHL to move from one transplant city in the desert to another transplant city in the desert, but I guess at least Vegas doesn't already support the MLB, NBA, and NFL.

DJ's left nut 07-07-2015 11:07 AM

8 yrs, $60 million for Tarasenko.

Have fun losing in the first round, Tank. Sorry to waste such a premier talent on such a shitbird franchise.

Predarat 07-07-2015 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 11579629)
I'd move Q.C. above Seattle and add Hamilton at the end.

The way I see it if Phoenix is out of the picture:

Quebec City > Las Vegas> Seattle > KC > Hamilton

Montreal and Ottawa will complain about Q.C.
Las Vegas is a heat score for the gambling
Vancouver will complain about Seattle
St. Louis will complain about K.C.
Toronto and Buffalo will complain about Hamilton

Quebec City has already had a successful NHL team in the past and is probably a better NHL market than Winnipeg is now.

If anything, the NHL should avoid Vegas. The USFL and CFL have proven that in the past but the money offers for a franchise might be overwhelming to the NHL.

Seattle and K.C. would be the next markets based on population.

Hamilton is still a highly viable site in terms of possible revenue with it's placement in the "Golden Horseshoe" and the backing of Blackberry ex CEO Jim Balsillie.

**** that guy.

DaFace 07-07-2015 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 11584715)
8 yrs, $60 million for Tarasenko.

Have fun losing in the first round, Tank. Sorry to waste such a premier talent on such a shitbird franchise.

Apparently the Blues think he's as good as Ryan O'Reilly. :D

Bearcat 07-07-2015 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11585660)

Ha.

:doh!:

The Poz 07-07-2015 09:44 PM

Without reading those articles, it seems the problem with KC getting a team is not the city or arena, it's the fact that nobody has stepped up to own the potential franchise. The price tag for a franchise has gone up dramatically over the past few years and it's scaring people away. The fear of their team becoming a "Phoenix" and failing miserably must also be in the back of their minds.
As for the city of Hamilton (my home town), there wouldn't be any lack of local support. People are hockey crazy here. You could seriously put a dozen NHL teams in Southern Ontario and they'd all do well. The problem with Hamilton is commissioner Gary Bettman. He see's Hamilton as a poor sell on the road in American cities and it could also hurt Buffalo as many of the Sabers fans are from Ontario. Many being Hamilton. I know many Hamiltonians who have Buffalo season tickets. Easier drive and less expensive than heading to Toronto for a game. The only hope in hell for Hamilton ("The Hammer" as it's known around here) is if an existing owner moves their team up here.

In other NHL news, my brother-in-law will be signing with a new team tomorrow. I'm not divulging who this mystery team is as I've been sworn to secrecy. It'll be released tomorrow, as I've been told. Our family couldn't be happier for him, my sister and their little one.

DJ's left nut 07-07-2015 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11585660)

Jesus Mary...what the hell were the Sabres thinking?

Thank God that contract didn't end up re-setting the market. The Phils went out there and gave Ryan Howard a deal that screwed up the FA market...arguably permanently. Giving Ryan O'Reilly 7 years at $7.5 million per sure seems like a similarly ill-fated decision.

I mean hell, what is O'Reilly that Oshie isn't? That is completely insane.

DaFace 07-07-2015 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 11586548)
Jesus Mary...what the hell were the Sabres thinking?

Thank God that contract didn't end up re-setting the market. The Phils went out there and gave Ryan Howard a deal that screwed up the FA market...arguably permanently. Giving Ryan O'Reilly 7 years at $7.5 million per sure seems like a similarly ill-fated decision.

I mean hell, what is O'Reilly that Oshie isn't? That is completely insane.

O'Reilly's argument is that the Avs didn't give him a chance to really be a leader on the team, and the team around him sucked. There's probably some truth to that, but I'm definitely skeptical that he's going to be worth that contract.

Bearcat 07-08-2015 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11586598)
O'Reilly's argument is that the Avs didn't give him a chance to really be a leader on the team, and the team around him sucked. There's probably some truth to that, but I'm definitely skeptical that he's going to be worth that contract.

Going to Buffalo will surely fix that. :spock:

But yeah, Tarasenko could have asked for $10 million/year after O'Reilly's contract. Owners throw money at players and then lock them out every few years... genius, really.

Predarat 07-08-2015 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Poz (Post 11586545)

In other NHL news, my brother-in-law will be signing with a new team tomorrow. I'm not divulging who this mystery team is as I've been sworn to secrecy. It'll be released tomorrow, as I've been told. Our family couldn't be happier for him, my sister and their little one.

I'm happy for him, hope its Nashville again but I doubt that very much. Cannot wait to hear his new destination, hope it all works out for him.

The Poz 07-08-2015 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 11586767)
I'm happy for him, hope its Nashville again but I doubt that very much. Cannot wait to hear his new destination, hope it all works out for him.

Thanks. And yeah, not the Preds. That's all I can give you for now.
It's a team that's apparently been interested in him for a while as he knows the GM and they could use some toughness. They almost grabbed him off of Calgary's waivers last season but wouldn't have worked out roster wise.
They just bought a house in Cal last year but luckily Kari Ramo is going to rent it from them as he just signed his 1 year extension.

DJ's left nut 07-08-2015 09:27 AM

Brian McGrattan?

The Poz 07-08-2015 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 11586911)
Brian McGrattan?

yep

Predarat 07-11-2015 08:44 AM

Quack Quack Quack, Mr BigErn! Awesome!

ChiefsCountry 07-11-2015 09:03 AM

From Calgary to Anaheim, talk about culture shock.

Pasta Little Brioni 07-11-2015 10:50 AM

Now get rid of Bo and OTT