ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc What is your stance on aliens? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292762)

mr. tegu 05-30-2015 07:46 PM

What is your stance on aliens?

I am curious to see where everyone stands on this. Asking about a stance on UFOs could be a different topic with different options so feel to give your thoughts on that as well.

lewdog 05-30-2015 07:47 PM

They do not exist. If you think they do then you need medication or stop binge drinking with Inmem.

stumppy 05-30-2015 07:48 PM

Aliens??? They seem kinda foreign to me.

Bwana 05-30-2015 07:49 PM

http://chewbacchus.org/wp-content/up...anal-probe.jpg

TribalElder 05-30-2015 07:50 PM

Strange movie

When that thing pops out the belly

srvy 05-30-2015 07:50 PM

Build a higher wall and double it with a minefield in between.

Bugeater 05-30-2015 07:51 PM

They're taking our jobs.

Hammock Parties 05-30-2015 07:55 PM

Universe is too vast.

Alien life exists.

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-30-2015 07:57 PM

I gotta tell ya I believe. I have seen shit that will make you neuter yourself. They are here and they are watching us. Don't know if they have infiltrated the population but common sense tells me they are among us.

hometeam 05-30-2015 08:00 PM

Looking at the scale of the universe. It is almost certain there is alien life of some kind, past, present, or future, including intelligent life. Right now, I don't think we have any evidence whatsoever that they can visit us, but I think aliens being able to visit is is much more plausible than an invisible jewish zombie being universally omnipotent.

Fairplay 05-30-2015 08:01 PM

They operated on Inmen and let him loose on the world.

He is their secret weapon, do not befriend him.

AustinChief 05-30-2015 08:02 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Wp_K8prLfso?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

srvy 05-30-2015 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 11526409)
I gotta tell ya I believe. I have seen shit that will make you neuter yourself. They are here and they are watching us. Don't know if they have infiltrated the population but common sense tells me they are among us.

I am a skeptic but also I have never seen anything that made me wonder wtf was that.

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-30-2015 08:04 PM

Wish the search function worked as I have a story told. They are here !

J Diddy 05-30-2015 08:04 PM

I have no problem with them personally, however, I feel their practice of butthole probing needs to cease immediately.

displacedinMN 05-30-2015 08:06 PM

Intelligent life exists in some form but can't come here because of distance/technology challenges.

There has to be intelligent life out there somewhere. The universe is too damn big to say there isn't. They are bound by the same physics and slowness of the speed of light that we are.

We can hardly travel in out own solar system. I think Mars is a pipe dream until we figure out how to keep a body alive without aging.

Rain Man 05-30-2015 08:06 PM

I'm somewhere between the third and fifth options, but I selected the fifth. Primarily because I don't want to reveal anything and get a visit from you know who.

srvy 05-30-2015 08:07 PM

Also what are they hiding for? They would obviously be more advanced and could just waltz in and mess up our world. We couldnt stop they could just start up the meat grinder and start fertilizing the earth.

listopencil 05-30-2015 08:08 PM

Wide Nine.

Mr. Laz 05-30-2015 08:08 PM

Universe with trillions upon trillions of stars,planets etc.

Yea, we are the only sentient beings in it. :rolleyes:

splatbass 05-30-2015 08:11 PM

Mathematically it is almost certain there is life out there. There are billions of planets. Extremely unlikely they could make it here though.

mr. tegu 05-30-2015 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11526429)
I'm somewhere between the third and fifth options, but I selected the fifth. Primarily because I don't want to reveal anything and get a visit from you know who.

It's a private poll so there is nothing to worry about.

gblowfish 05-30-2015 08:16 PM

I'm glad they pick our fruit.

Rain Man 05-30-2015 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 11526438)
It's a private poll so there is nothing to worry about.

You're trying to bait me into showing my hand.

mlyonsd 05-30-2015 08:34 PM

My burn barrel is right next to a planted field. I hate when the farmer plants corn, after about the middle of July I don't burn after dark. I know they're standing a few rows in just watching me.

BucEyedPea 05-30-2015 09:13 PM

My stance is they're welcome so long as they enter legally.

Katipan 05-30-2015 09:32 PM

I am not attracted.

KC native 05-30-2015 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 11526531)
I am not attracted.

You species-ist!

cosmo20002 05-30-2015 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11526429)

Obama?

FloridaMan88 05-30-2015 09:49 PM

I think they'd be offended that there is apparently a sequel to the Independence Day movie coming out next summer (without Will Smith).

LiveSteam 05-30-2015 09:53 PM

Take me to your leader.

TLO 05-30-2015 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 11526426)
Wish the search function worked as I have a story told. They are here !

Bumped that thread for ya bud.

Why Not? 05-31-2015 12:18 AM

They destroyed Bishop. **** 'em

RINGLEADER 05-31-2015 01:51 AM

I remember seeing a documentary once that hypothesized that Earth is a real anomaly due to a number of necessary things ranging from the time of the planets formation to the fact that you need a large moon to keep the planet from becoming inhospitable every few years (and thus giving life the time it needs to form).

But the biggest issue with contacting of life forms had more to do with the fact that, according to these scientists, the evolution required to form the intelligence needed to do the things required to contact others also would invariably lead to the extinction of said intelligence. So in addition to needing a very specific environment you also need to time everything just right so that split-second life capable of communicating out into the stars exists it has someone else out there on the receiving end at that same split-second.

The example they gave was Earth itself: if aliens contacted Earth every day for the 60 million years dinos were around they'd get nothing but static in return. We're faced with the same challenge. And chances are the civilizations capable of doing this will only have thousands (not millions) of years to try once they're evolved enough to have the technology and cultural interest to attempt such an effort.

For someone like me who would love us to find an alien signal in space it was all rather depressing...

splatbass 05-31-2015 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 11526427)
I feel their practice of butthole probing needs to cease immediately.

Maybe if they bought you dinner first?

GoShox 05-31-2015 02:17 AM

If they exist, our franchise-saving QB is probably with them.

ThaVirus 05-31-2015 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RINGLEADER (Post 11526752)
I remember seeing a documentary once that hypothesized that Earth is a real anomaly due to a number of necessary things ranging from the time of the planets formation to the fact that you need a large moon to keep the planet from becoming inhospitable every few years (and thus giving life the time it needs to form).

But the biggest issue with contacting of life forms had more to do with the fact that, according to these scientists, the evolution required to form the intelligence needed to do the things required to contact others also would invariably lead to the extinction of said intelligence. So in addition to needing a very specific environment you also need to time everything just right so that split-second life capable of communicating out into the stars exists it has someone else out there on the receiving end at that same split-second.

The example they gave was Earth itself: if aliens contacted Earth every day for the 60 million years dinos were around they'd get nothing but static in return. We're faced with the same challenge. And chances are the civilizations capable of doing this will only have thousands (not millions) of years to try once they're evolved enough to have the technology and cultural interest to attempt such an effort.

For someone like me who would love us to find an alien signal in space it was all rather depressing...

You should check out the Fermi Paradox if you aren't already familiar.

Rausch 05-31-2015 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11526389)
They do not exist. If you think they do then you need medication or stop binge drinking with Inmem.

When you consider the vastness of space, and have to admit that life did happen once, it has to have happened more than once.

So in the history of the universe there's an event that happened only once? We know that life is possible because we are alive. It's beyond stupidity to say that it's not possible to happen again. Life was already created once.

Either by a God or by the random mixing of elements. It doesn't matter either way - both options suggest it happened more than once.

Now, there's a huge difference between saying life is all over in space and saying that it's here on earth counting the corn in Clay's colon...

Dave Lane 05-31-2015 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 11526434)
Mathematically it is almost certain there is life out there. There are billions of planets. Extremely unlikely they could make it here though.

You are off by a factor of a trillion times more.

Bufkin 05-31-2015 07:39 AM

God created man and woman within the first week about 6,000 years ago. Nowhere in Heavenly Father's 6th day of creation (creatures of the land to rule over the fish of the sea) does he mention making some ET looking mother ****er on Mars.

Dave Lane 05-31-2015 07:39 AM

There are approximately

stars, most with multiple planets around them. One would have to guess like earth there are probably 10 or so planets each. Thats a really really big number

Rausch 05-31-2015 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 11526808)
God created man and woman within the first week about 6,000 years ago. Nowhere in Heavenly Father's 6th day of creation (creatures of the land to rule over the fish of the sea) does he mention making some ET looking mother ****er on Mars.

Nowhere does he mention Mars...

Dave Lane 05-31-2015 07:43 AM

Quote:

Hey he's that white dude with the big flowing beard and robe isn't he? Yeah I met that dude. I think he was panhandling down by the Plaza. Ungodly with a harmonica.

Bufkin 05-31-2015 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 11526812)
Hey he's that white dude with the big flowing beard and robe isn't he? Yeah I met that dude. I think he was panhandling down by the Plaza. Ungodly with a harmonica.

Dave, if God doesn't exist, how do you explain the tides? You can't explain that.

Sorry sorry, I'm not meaning for my sarcasm to take over a fun discussion on extraterrestrial life. I know Dave understands. Well, I think he understands my humor.

In all reality, I'm agnostic on it. Do they exist? Maybe. Do I want them to exist? Absolutely. I think that gives a much more rational explanation to how the universe works. It also adds a bit of meaning.

BigRedChief 05-31-2015 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 11526809)
There are approximately

stars, most with multiple planets around them. One would have to guess like earth there are probably 10 or so planets each. Thats a really really big number

It would be incredibly arrogant of us to think of all those planets that their is no intelligent life on any of those planets.

Have some visited? The odds also say yes.

BigMeatballDave 05-31-2015 08:04 AM

From Mexico? Absolutely.

From outer space? Probably. It's too vast for us to be the only intelligent life form in it.

BigMeatballDave 05-31-2015 08:14 AM

Quote:

God created man and woman within the first week about 6,000 years ago.

Riiiiiiiiiiight...

lewdog 05-31-2015 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 11526814)
Dave, if God doesn't exist, how do you explain the tides? You can't explain that.

Sorry sorry, I'm not meaning for my sarcasm to take over a fun discussion on extraterrestrial life. I know Dave understands. Well, I think he understands my humor.

In all reality, I'm agnostic on it. Do they exist? Maybe. Do I want them to exist? Absolutely. I think that gives a much more rational explanation to how the universe works. It also adds a bit of meaning.

No, you're a Mormon.

Now take your stupid shit to DC, this is about aliens not God.

BigMeatballDave 05-31-2015 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11526833)
No, you're a Moron.

Now take your stupid shit to DC, this is about aliens not God.

Is this what you meant? :)

lewdog 05-31-2015 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11526839)
Is this what you meant? :)

No, I typed it correct the first time.

Saulbadguy 05-31-2015 08:39 AM

They are way too busy with other things to deal with us assholes.

DenverChief 05-31-2015 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 11526428)
Intelligent life exists in some form but can't come here because of distance/technology challenges.

There has to be intelligent life out there somewhere. The universe is too damn big to say there isn't. They are bound by the same physics and slowness of the speed of light that we are.

We can hardly travel in out own solar system. I think Mars is a pipe dream until we figure out how to keep a body alive without aging.

For a 6 month trip? That's hardly an aging process to worry about.

DenverChief 05-31-2015 08:56 AM

I can tell you I have witnessed things that don't make sense. They are here, they visit us more often than you think. They like to come here and observe us and I believe conduct experiments on us and other species. There are videos out there everyone should watch. The hard part is separating the bullshit from the real shit.

BucEyedPea 05-31-2015 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 11526851)
I can tell you I have witnessed things that don't make sense. They are here, they visit us more often than you think. They like to come here and observe us and I believe conduct experiments on us and other species. There are videos out there everyone should watch. The hard part is separating the bullshit from the real shit.

I've seen some documentaries using reports by cops of incidents that happened to them, corroborated by others saying the same. Reputable cops with good records too.

Perineum Ripper 05-31-2015 09:06 AM

They have showed up within the past 50-60 years..taken the shape of human beings..then started acting like gay men so they could do anal probing

DenverChief 05-31-2015 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 11526856)
I've seen some documentaries using reports by cops of incidents that happened to them, corroborated by others saying the same. Reputable cops with good records too.

The hard part for law enforcement is to say anything because you can lose credibility really fast.

DenverChief 05-31-2015 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 11526857)
They have showed up within the past 50-60 years..taken the shape of human beings..then started acting like gay men so they could do anal probing

LMAO

Fish 05-31-2015 09:20 AM

http://i57.tinypic.com/a7fjr.jpg

mr. tegu 05-31-2015 09:34 AM

His shirt. LMAO

ThaVirus 05-31-2015 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 11526814)

I think, if their are other sentient life forms in the universe, it would do more to strip the "meaning" from our lives.

srvy 05-31-2015 10:41 AM

I liked the first movie best.

srvy 05-31-2015 10:45 AM

Aliens vs predator that had its moments surprisingly. How bout Aliens and Predators vs Jurassic Park critters? Could be a classic.

ChiliConCarnage 05-31-2015 10:45 AM

I assume they must be out there but haven't visited.

We've been around a blink of an eye cosmically. When we look at the stars in the sky we're seeing light they created possibly millions or billions of years ago. If we tried to visit the star may no longer exist.

If there is a species out there advanced enough to scan and visit most of the universe with relative ease, I imagine they've already visited a lot of lifeforms and we would be primitive and not all that interesting.

Mr. Laz 05-31-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11526923)
I think, if their are other sentient life forms in the universe, it would do more to strip the "meaning" from our lives.

Only for the people who think the meaning of our lives is to be the one and only chosen ones.

ThaVirus 05-31-2015 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11526951)
Only for the people who think the meaning of our lives it to be the one and only chosen ones.

That would be a vast percentage of the population of this planet, would it not?

Easy 6 05-31-2015 11:13 AM

"The flying saucer situation is not at all imaginary, or seeing too much in some natural phenomena. Something is really flying around. The phenomenon is something real and not visionary or fictious" - General Nathan Twining, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

"Unknown objects are operating under intelligent control. It is imperative that we learn where ufo's come from and what their purpose is" - Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoeter, CIA Director 1947-1950.

Those are just two of dozens and dozens of similar statements made by high ranking figures around the world. People can try to spin it all away when it doesn't fit their view of the world we live in, but its futile.

These people said what they said and no amount of disbelief or spin can change the words.

Mr. Laz 05-31-2015 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11526954)
That would be a vast percentage of the population of this planet, would it not?

Most religions don't specifically address whether life exists anywhere besides earth.

Only the arrogant and/or deluded would believe that

non-religious:

What are the odds that earth is the only place the right conditions for life exist and occurred? Billions of planets like earth, trillions of stars and planets that could sustain non-humanoid life.

People of Religion:

why would a supreme being create a universe so vast that our human minds can't even comprehend it, then put a single speck of life on earth? what is the point of billions x trillions of empty space? Many religious predict the 2nd coming and/or judgement day will occur long before we will be able to even search our own small galaxy. God was bored?

makes no sense to believe we are the only 'life' in the universe

Only people who don't want to believe it could reach that conclusion.

ThaVirus 05-31-2015 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11526973)
Most religions don't specifically address whether life exists anywhere besides earth.

Only the arrogant and/or deluded would believe that

non-religious:

What are the odds that earth is the only place the right conditions for life exist and occurred? Billions of planets like earth, trillions of stars and planets that could sustain non-humanoid life.

People of Religion:

why would a supreme being create a universe so vast that our human minds can't even comprehend it, then put a single speck of life on earth? what is the point of billions x trillions of empty space? Many religious predict the 2nd coming and/or judgement day will occur long before we will be able to even search our own small galaxy. God was bored?

makes no sense to believe we are the only 'life' in the universe

Only people who don't want to believe it could reach that conclusion.

I think you're underselling the amount of people whose belief system would be rocked by the discovery of sentient beings on another planet.

Easy 6 05-31-2015 11:45 AM

It should also be noted that many of the top minds have come to the conclusion that aliens/ufo's are not from other planets per se... they are from other dimensions.

Dave Lane 05-31-2015 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11526990)
It should also be noted that many of the top minds have come to the conclusion that aliens/ufo's are not from other planets per se... they are from other dimensions.

Top Minds LMAOLMAOLMAO

BigMeatballDave 05-31-2015 12:19 PM

If Aliens are living among us, that would explain Inmen...

Easy 6 05-31-2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 11527020)
Top Minds LMAOLMAOLMAO

I suppose the good news here is that I literally wouldn't give two rat shits for what you have to say about anything, at all.

lewdog 05-31-2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11527022)
If Aliens are living among us, that would explain Inmen...

I think they use his massive head to send satellite signals back and forth.

Mr. Laz 05-31-2015 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11526977)
I think you're underselling the amount of people whose belief system would be rocked by the discovery of sentient beings on another planet.

I guess i'm just hoping that the number of people who are small-minded enough to think that way are not large in number.

The southern part of the United States probably hold most of them

BigMeatballDave 05-31-2015 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11527042)
I guess i'm just hoping that the number of people who are small-minded enough to think that way are not large in number.

And Kansas.

ThaVirus 05-31-2015 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11527042)

On that we can agree. You'd have to think, as our understanding of science and the universe grows, most people wouldn't hang on to such antiquated views of life.. But you can never underestimate the power of indoctrination and.. fear, really.

Munson 05-31-2015 01:02 PM

Aliens exist.

I see them all the time at Wal-Mart. LMAO

Dave Lane 05-31-2015 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11527027)
I suppose the good news here is that I literally wouldn't give two rat shits for what you have to say about anything, at all.

I know you'd give one. I mean who wouldn't give at least one rat shit for my opinion!

Dave Lane 05-31-2015 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11527081)
On that we can agree. You'd have to think, as our understanding of science and the universe grows, most people wouldn't hang on to such antiquated views of life.. But you can never underestimate the power of indoctrination and.. fear, really.

http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/z...LovePost-1.jpg

Mrs. Loopner 05-31-2015 01:31 PM

Poll is self-limiting as are several comments. “Intelligent life exists in some form but can't come here because of distance/technology challenges”
Mathematics (and physics) is an abstract science formulated to make sense of chaos.
Trillions of stars, why limit to trillions?
Humans are intrinsically arrogant and self-limiting. To fathom infinity is an impossible concept for most if not all so we impose limits to regulate the funkiness.
Even Dave Lane’s narcissism and atheistic proclamations are self-limiting but all’s right with the world because we know he’s not alienostic. amirite Dave?