ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs KC Chiefs Drafting Alex Smith's replacement "soon" ? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292578)

Ming the Merciless 05-19-2015 02:32 AM

KC Chiefs Drafting Alex Smith's replacement "soon" ?

I swear to god this guy is an idiot

http://www.hngn.com/articles/93037/2...ement-soon.htm

Quote:

Kansas City Chiefs RUMORS: Reid Likely Drafting Alex Smith's Replacement Soon?

Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith may never be the most physically gifted player on an NFL field, but he's got enough grit, moxie and veteran savvy to produce enough points to keep the Chiefs in the game on pretty much any given Sunday.

While Smith has enjoyed something of a career resurgence under Chiefs head coach Andy Reid, the successes the two men have enjoyed together may actually serve to shorten Smith's tenure in the end.

"Expectations have risen since Smith and Kansas City had a huge turnaround to reach the postseason in 2013, Reid's first season there, and Smith's big contract mandates he'll be around for a few more years," writes Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports. "But watching back-up Chase Daniel scampering around and making big plays in a Week 17 win over San Diego, one that eliminated the Chargers from the playoffs, had my wheels turning at least a bit and I wouldn't be shocked to see this franchise looking at quarterbacks in the higher rounds a year from now."

The 31-year-old Smith is entering the second year of a four-year, $68 million contract extension. His dead cap hit for next season is $40.4 million and $24.9 million in 2016, meaning Smith will remain with the team for at least the next two years.

Beyond that, his cap hits for the final two years of the deal are $16.9 million and $20.6 million, but cutting him would cause the Chiefs to incur dead cap penalties of just $7.2 million in 2017 and $3.6 million in 2018.
In 2014, his second season in Kansas City, Smith threw for 3,265 yards on 303 completions for 18 touchdowns, six interceptions and a 93.4 quarterback rating.

Smith is dependable and smart and if the Chiefs boast a strong enough running game with Jamaal Charles, De'Anthony Thomas and Knile Davis, he can certainly manage Kansas City into the playoffs.

Winning a postseason game seems a questionable proposition though, for a quarterback who struggles to push the ball downfield and managed to go all of 2014 without connecting with a single one of his wide receivers for a touchdown.

With the addition of Jeremy Maclin in free agency and the drafting of Chris Conley - and when considering simple percentages - it's highly unlikely Smith will manage to let another full NFL season pass without tossing a touchdown to a wideout.

Still, Smith is and will always be limited as a signal-caller - even if he brings the Chiefs to the postseason again after just missing out in 2014, if he and Reid are unable to bring fans in Kansas City a playoff victory, consistently strong regular season efforts are going to start seeming hollow and altogether empty.

This isn't to suggest that Smith and the Chiefs can't make their way into the postseason and emerge victorious from a contest or two, but this is a quarterback and offense driven NFL and Smith simply will never be able to contend with the league's elite like Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck.

It may not be a first-round pick and it likely won't come next season, but Reid and the Chiefs will be forced to look for another long-term answer at quarterback at some point because Smith, as strong as he's been since joining Kansas City, is not a Super Bowl-winning signal-caller and Daniels, despite the strong showing to end last season, doesn't seem to be the answer either.
So it wont be in the 2016 draft but it will happen soon you guys!!!
Just have some patience....LOL

YAY?

Coochie liquor 05-19-2015 03:49 AM

Yes, prob won't be next year, and prob won't be in the first round, but eventually Reid will think about replacing Smith. Great ****ing news!!

007 05-19-2015 03:51 AM

That guy really knows how to go out on a limb and predict the future. LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-19-2015 03:51 AM

Well no shit.

"But, but, Alex will be here for at least 5 more years!"/dumbass

Yeah, you can stop with that dumb shit yesterday, please. And no, winning a a ****ing wild card will not "cement" his dumb ass here, either.

He's not that good, he's just a very expensive band aid.

There is your Lil' Chiefy reality check for the day, because Dorsey and Reid like it here, and they're not going to bank their futures on Alex Smith.

ChiliConCarnage 05-19-2015 05:09 AM

Miss Cleo is scarred AF right now. This guy is legit

DaNewGuy 05-19-2015 05:14 AM

http://m.quickmeme.com/img/49/49a9fb...74b83a9079.jpg

InChiefsHeaven 05-19-2015 05:46 AM

He said "Daniels". Moron!!

Rausch 05-19-2015 09:59 AM

Now would be the perfect time to draft a QB.

Unfortunately college football isn't helping us out any...

Mr. Laz 05-19-2015 10:21 AM

I would hope they would be open to grabbing an elite QB at any point.

staylor26 05-19-2015 10:22 AM

Our QBOTF is already on the roster

Beef Supreme 05-19-2015 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11507564)
Our QBOTF is already on the roster

It wouldn't surprise me at all.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-19-2015 10:24 AM

Bray.

or

Boner.

or draft

Das Hackensberg.

No midget noodle-arms please/thank you.

Dunerdr 05-19-2015 10:26 AM

I think that they think Murray's their guy.

staylor26 05-19-2015 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 11507567)
It wouldn't surprise me at all.

I don't know why nobody expects Aaron Murray to get a legitimate shot. He was clearly an Andy Reid type of QB prospect (I had the Chiefs drafting him). Gruden and Dungy absolutely love the guy. He gets to sit and learn behind a guy like Alex. I have no doubt he will be the QBOTF. Whether he succeeds or not will remain to be seen, but IMO he's the best QB prospect Reid has had since McNabb.

kcchiefsus 05-19-2015 10:32 AM

It's going to be interesting watching Murray in preseason.

Mr. Laz 05-19-2015 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 11507570)
Bray.

or

Boner.

or draft

Das Hackensberg.

No midget noodle-arms please/thank you.

So no Joe Montana,Russell Wilson or Tom Brady then?

The Franchise 05-19-2015 10:35 AM

Give it a year or two.

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/im...630&h=420&q=75

Mr. Laz 05-19-2015 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 11507589)
It's going to be interesting watching Murray in preseason.

i don't expect the Chiefs to give Murray any kind of real chance.

Seems like Reid really is content with Smith and Daniel to me.

Mr_Tomahawk 05-19-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11507592)
So no Joe Montana,Russell Wilson or Tom Brady then?

So one of those come along every 15 years.

We have about 10 years to wait for the next one....

Edit:

Good Luck with that....

staylor26 05-19-2015 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11507595)
i don't expect the Chiefs to give Murray any kind of real chance.

Seems like Reid really is content with Smith and Daniel to me.

WRONG

In58men 05-19-2015 10:38 AM

Whew!!! just when I thought they were going to keep him until he's was 40.

Mr. Laz 05-19-2015 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 11507601)
So one of those come along every 15 years.

We have about 10 years to wait for the next one....

Edit:

Good Luck with that....

You could say that about elite QB's in general.

jd1020 05-19-2015 10:43 AM

Just when I thought the Chiefs were interested in handicapping themselves with a QB that doesnt understand what the acronym WR stands for at $16.9M and $20.6M cap hits following 2016.

Mr. Laz 05-19-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11507603)
WRONG

What indications have you seen that the Chiefs are looking to move on from Smith and Daniel @ 1 and 2?

Just signed Smith to an extension.
Giving Daniel all the important reps as the #2

All the rest are just getting pure scrub reps.

No real moves to grab a QB in the draft. They have grabs a few in scrub time.

Murray - 5th round
Bray - undrafted

Mr_Tomahawk 05-19-2015 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11507615)
What indications have you seen that the Chiefs are looking to move on from Smith and Daniel @ 1 and 2?

Murray - 5th round
Bray - undrafted

GOD DAMNIT MURRAY IS THE FUTURES BECUZ HE GOT DRRAFTED AND WUZ AWESOME COLLEGE GUY LIKE KELLEN MOORES!

KCUnited 05-19-2015 10:48 AM

Stopped reading at "drafting".

jd1020 05-19-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

Since when? 2014? Good argument.

kcchiefsus 05-19-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

Murray - 5th round
Bray - undrafted

Nobody is saying Murray will complete for time this year. We're talking a year or two from now.

Brock 05-19-2015 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11507603)
WRONG

Based on....

staylor26 05-19-2015 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11507652)
Based on....

Based on my ability to see that Murray is the best QB prospect Reid has had since McNabb and a perfect fit for his offense. There's a reason Dungy and Gruden were drooling over this guy. Gruden and Reid have similar philosophies so I have no doubt Reid feels the same way about him.

The Franchise 05-19-2015 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 11507626)
Nobody is saying Murray will complete for time this year. We're talking a year or two from now.

Murray should be able to show the ability to be the #2 this year.....making Daniel expendable.

Brock 05-19-2015 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11507663)
Based on my ability to see that Murray is the best QB prospect Reid has had since McNabb and a perfect fit for his offense. There's a reason Dungy and Gruden were drooling over this guy. Gruden and Reid have similar philosophies so I have no doubt Reid feels the same way about him.

So based on nothing.

staylor26 05-19-2015 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11507665)
So based on nothing.

****ing moron

Brock 05-19-2015 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11507672)
****ing moron

Another stellar argument.

staylor26 05-19-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11507676)
Another stellar argument.

What's your argument? All I keep seeing are 3-5 word posts saying absolutely nothing. Have you watched tape on Murray? Are you aware of Gruden and Dungy's comments about him? Did you determine before the draft process that he was a perfect fit for Reid's offense as I did? You don't have a ****ing clue.

Mr. Laz 05-19-2015 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 11507626)

Fair enough but that's a long time in NFL years.

If Murray really case be an elite QB then waiting that long is strange.

You really think that Murray is Aaron Rodger-esque? Give him 3/4 years on the bench and he's ready to go.

Seems like a real stretch to me.

Mr. Laz 05-19-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11507664)
Murray should be able to show the ability to be the #2 this year.....making Daniel expendable.

IF Reid really does have plans for Murray then he should absolutely become the #2 at some point this year. No excuse for that not to happen.

Preferable trade Daniel for something when that happens.

staylor26 05-19-2015 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11507696)
Fair enough but that's a long time in NFL years.

If Murray really case be an elite QB then waiting that long is strange.

You really think that Murray is Aaron Rodger-esque? Give him 3/4 years on the bench and he's ready to go.

Seems like a real stretch to me.

This is part of the reason I have high hopes. I think one of the biggest issues with the QB position in today's NFL is they're thrown to the wolves far too early. Sitting back and learning the offense and getting mentored by Reid/Alex/Chase is a great thing Murray. It will only make him better and more prepared for his first real action.

Halfcan 05-19-2015 11:22 AM

The 31-year-old Smith is entering the second year of a four-year, $68 million contract extension. His dead cap hit for next season is $40.4 million and $24.9 million in 2016, meaning Smith will remain with the team for at least the next two years.

Why does God hate the Chiefs so much. :hmmm:

Beef Supreme 05-19-2015 11:22 AM

Murray being in the number 3 spot kinda still makes sense for now. At #2 he gets back-up reps with the starting offense. At #3 he gets a lot more reps with the scrub offense working against the starting defense.

Mr. Laz 05-19-2015 11:25 AM

great Murry will become our #1 just in time for his next contract

no cheap starter for us, 50 million for Murray because he's now our starter

:(

Reid is a slow-moving ****er

Brock 05-19-2015 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11507685)
What's your argument? All I keep seeing are 3-5 word posts saying absolutely nothing. Have you watched tape on Murray? Are you aware of Gruden and Dungy's comments about him? Did you determine before the draft process that he was a perfect fit for Reid's offense as I did? You don't have a ****ing clue.

Who gives a shit what Dungy and Gruden say? That means absolutely nothing. Beyond that, all you're spouting is homer opinion, along with your dubious expert film study. No meaningful evidence of any kind.

Ebolapox 05-19-2015 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11507685)

uh, nothing personal, but some random internet guy's determination of how amazing a QB is isn't exactly an opinion that 100% of people are going to consider a worthy opinion. they're like assholes, everyone has one.

as for the experts, feh. gruden never met at QB he didn't love and dungy knows about as much about what makes a great nfl QB as he does about raising boys that don't commit suicide. peyton manning was his offensive coordinator for all intents and purposes, and his tampa bay offenses were abysmal (those defenses, though, were stellar).

I seem to recall 'experts' (as in, draft experts and the like) that told us ricky stanzi was tom brady version 2.0. hell, jaws (ron jaworski) told us that THE CHIEFS FINALLY HAVE THEIR FRANCHISE QB in reference to tyler thigpen.

grain of salt.

staylor26 05-19-2015 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11507725)
Who gives a shit what Dungy and Gruden say? That means absolutely nothing. Beyond that, all you're spouting is homer opinion, along with your dubious expert film study. No meaningful evidence of any kind.

Dungy and Gruden >>>> some ****ing moron on CP that hasn't watched Murray and is just trying to bring some negativity into an optimistic outlook

Gruden and Reid are WCO guys from the same tree. If you don't think what Gruden thinks about Murray is a good indicator than you're ****ing clueless like I said.

RealSNR 05-19-2015 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 11507729)
uh, nothing personal, but some random internet guy's determination of how amazing a QB is isn't exactly an opinion that 100% of people are going to consider a worthy opinion. they're like assholes, everyone has one.

as for the experts, feh. gruden never met at QB he didn't love and dungy knows about as much about what makes a great nfl QB as he does about raising boys that don't commit suicide. peyton manning was his offensive coordinator for all intents and purposes, and his tampa bay offenses were abysmal (those defenses, though, were stellar).

I seem to recall 'experts' (as in, draft experts and the like) that told us ricky stanzi was tom brady version 2.0. hell, jaws (ron jaworski) told us that THE CHIEFS FINALLY HAVE THEIR FRANCHISE QB in reference to tyler thigpen.

grain of salt.

Gruden was pretty lukewarm towards Tyler Bray on his QB Camp show

KC_Lee 05-19-2015 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11507663)

Just going to toss this out there again; what in the past has shown that John Gruden and / or Tony Dungy have any sort insight as to what makes a great NFL QB? Seriously, the opinions of two defensive minded coaches that never developed a QB is the benchmark?!?

Gruden won a SB with his defense, running game and a game manager at QB.
Dungy was brought into Indy to take care of the D while Manning handled the O, and it worked out well for the Colts.

So again I ask, why do are you putting so much weight into their opinions? Might as well ask Marty as well. Geez.....

staylor26 05-19-2015 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 11507729)

grain of salt.

I understand nobody is going to value my opinion, but it doesn't change yhe fact that I know better than 90% of this board bc I actually do my ****ing homework before I give my opinions/debate. I'm just tired of people with absolutely no knowledge on the subject shooting down optimism bc its cool to hate everything Chiefs on CP and have no hope for the future.

Also, with Gruden it was clear their was a genuine man crush for Murray. Go back and watch his QB camp with him.

Ebolapox 05-19-2015 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11507734)
Dingy and Gruden = some ****ing moron on CP that hasn't watched Murray and is just trying to bring some negativity into an optimistic outlook

sorry, both have about the same level of expertise on the subject. go ask a lot of guys about ricky stanzi. hell, how many of us wet our pants for david klingler/rick mirer/byron leftwich/joey harrington/david carr/tim couch/INSERT RANDOM LATE ROUND CHIEFS PICK?

I get it. you have a crush. I want the kid to work out too, but don't think your youtube watching makes him any likelier to be our franchise QB than (steve stenstrom/matt blundin/pat barnes/ricky stanzi/brodie croyle/ted white/steve pelleur/mark vlassic/etc). sorry.

mark it down, I'll eat crow GLADLY if he really is the answer--but ALL SIGNS POINT TO another great white hope.

The Franchise 05-19-2015 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11507748)
I understand nobody is going to value my opinion, but it doesn't change he fact that I know better than 90% of this board. I'm just tired of people with absolutely no knowledge on the subject shooting down optimism bc its cool to hate everything Chiefs on CP and have no hope for the future.

ROFL

Brock 05-19-2015 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11507734)
Dungy and Gruden >>>> some ****ing moron on CP that hasn't watched Murray and is just trying to bring some negativity into an optimistic outlook

Gruden and Reid are WCO guys from the same tree. If you don't think what Gruden thinks about Murray is a good indicator than you're ****ing clueless like I said.

Nothing but personal attacks in lieu of anything, anything at all, besides a coach who rode Peyton manning to the super bowl and a reputed QB guru who never developed one himself. You have nothing. Be optimistic all you like, but we've heard it all before.

staylor26 05-19-2015 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 11507739)
Just going to toss this out there again; what in the past has shown that John Gruden and / or Tony Dungy have any sort insight as to what makes a great NFL QB? Seriously, the opinions of two defensive minded coaches that never developed a QB is the benchmark?!?

Gruden won a SB with his defense, running game and a game manager at QB.
Dungy was brought into Indy to take care of the D while Manning handled the O, and it worked out well for the Colts.

So again I ask, why do are you putting so much weight into their opinions? Might as well ask Marty as well. Geez.....

The fact that you just called Gruden a defensive minded coach is exactly what I meant by what I said in my other post. You ****ing morons have no clue.

Brock 05-19-2015 11:38 AM

Quote:

I understand nobody is going to value my opinion, but it doesn't change yhe fact that I know better than 90% of this board bc I actually do my ****ing homework before I give my opinions/debate. I'm just tired of people with absolutely no knowledge on the subject shooting down optimism bc its cool to hate everything Chiefs on CP and have no hope for the future.

Also, with Gruden it was clear their was a genuine man crush for Murray. Go back and watch his QB camp with him.

I don't think you understand what a fact is.

staylor26 05-19-2015 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11507752)
ROFL

Don't take that as an arrogant comment. What I mean is only 10% of this board actually does their own ****ing research and watches these guys in order to have their own opinions on them as prospects. You my friend are in that 10%.

staylor26 05-19-2015 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11507761)
I don't think you understand what a fact is.

Its a fact that you have no ****ing clue, which is why you haven't said anything objective about Murray. So how the **** am I supposed to take your opinion serious when debating about him as our QBOTF. All you know is he's a 5th round pick, so with that you are just playing a #'s game.

The Franchise 05-19-2015 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11507767)
Don't take that as an arrogant comment. What I mean is only 10% of this board actually does their own ****ing research and watches these guys in order to have their own opinions on the, as prospects.

And by you stating that you have watched "tape" of Aaron Murray....are you referring to all 22 footage or Youtube videos?

Brock 05-19-2015 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11507769)
You called Gruden a defensive minded coach. It is a fact that you have no ****ing clue and are a representation of the average CP poster.

Can you read, sir? I said no such thing. You may be slightly less intelligent than you think you are.

Ebolapox 05-19-2015 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11507758)
The fact that you just called Gruden a defensive minded coach is exactly what I meant by what I said in my other post. You ****ing morons have no clue.

honestly, gruden is an interesting guy. he reminds me of brian billick--a guy who led one of the more dynamic offenses of their time (billick had randy moss, cris carter and a deluge of THROW IT DEEP qbs, recall) (gruden, obviously, had rich gannon/rice/brown) who went elsewhere and won a super bowl on the back of an amazing defense (baltimore/tampa bay) and NEVER AGAIN showed the reason their calling card was legit (offensive guru).

can we call him an offensive minded coach if he never had any offenses worth a damn outside of hall of fame talent and a few seasons of WOW rich gannon?

staylor26 05-19-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11507770)
And by you stating that you have watched "tape" of Aaron Murray....are you referring to all 22 footage or Youtube videos?

I record games throughout the year for myself and have watched Murray and the Bulldogs since his freshman year. You don't need all 22 footage to evaluate a QB with that much tape.

staylor26 05-19-2015 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11507774)
Can you read, sir? I said no such thing. You may be slightly less intelligent than you think you are.

I got you mixed up with the guy at the top of the page and I changed post accordingly. You still don't have a ****ing clue. You haven't even made 1 comment about Murray's game. STFU already.

Brock 05-19-2015 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11507785)
I got you mixed up with the guy at the top of the page and I changed post accordingly. You still don't have a ****ing clue. You haven't even made 1 comment about Murray's game. STFU already.

How can I comment on something nobody has seen? What he did in college is irrelevant. He looked fine in some preseason mop up duty. That's about all there is to say at this point.

staylor26 05-19-2015 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11507798)
How can I comment on something nobody has seen? What he did in college is irrelevant. He looked fine in some preseason mop up duty. That's about all there is to say at this point.

The fact that you see his college games as irrelevant just to justify your lack of knowledge on the subject has proven my point. Good day sir.

Eleazar 05-19-2015 11:56 AM

Don't you clowns ever get tired of emoting over someone who will be here at least two more years?

ptlyon 05-19-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11507798)

"He's the one" /Morphius (Morphius as in the matrix, not the Morphius that posts here. Unless they are the same guy, of course)

Brock 05-19-2015 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11507802)
The fact that you see his college games as irrelevant just to justify your lack of knowledge on the subject has proven my point. Good day sir.

The nfl road is littered with carcasses of guys who were good in college.

KCTitus 05-19-2015 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11507782)
I record games throughout the year for myself and have watched Murray and the Bulldogs since his freshman year. You don't need all 22 footage to evaluate a QB with that much tape.

LOL...

staylor26 05-19-2015 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 11507818)
The nfl road is littered with carcasses of guys who were good in college.

Oh shit I wasn't aware of that before my evaluation of Murray. Thanks man :thumb:

Eleazar 05-19-2015 12:07 PM

On Chiefsplanet, "watching tape" or "breaking down game film" means DVRing the game or watching highlights on youtube.

ptlyon 05-19-2015 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 11507828)
On Chiefsplanet, "watching tape" or "breaking down game film" means DVRing the game or watching highlights on youtube.

I thought it meant watching Grudens qb camp

KCTitus 05-19-2015 12:09 PM

Quote:

Do I smell a new Lexicon entry? I think I do...

Brock 05-19-2015 12:09 PM

Quote:

You can watch a whole game in like an hour. Frees up a lot of porn time.

Eleazar 05-19-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 11507835)
Do I smell a new Lexicon entry? I think I do...

Indubitably

staylor26 05-19-2015 12:13 PM

Quote:

This is such a pseudo way of devaluing a fans evaluation. Before it used to be "Oh you watched tape? You mean highlight videos on YouTube?", but now that full games are accessible it's "But you haven't watched actual all 22 footage tape." All 22 footage tape is the best way to watch and obviously much more effective with WR's and DB's (guys that are off screen for most of the plays in regulars footage), but you can evaluate a QB without it.

Mr. Plow 05-19-2015 12:14 PM

Quote:

Pissy little thing, aren't ya?

KC_Lee 05-19-2015 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11507758)

What a retort...

But I defer to...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 11507775)
honestly, gruden is an interesting guy. he reminds me of brian billick--a guy who led one of the more dynamic offenses of their time (billick had randy moss, cris carter and a deluge of THROW IT DEEP qbs, recall) (gruden, obviously, had rich gannon/rice/brown) who went elsewhere and won a super bowl on the back of an amazing defense (baltimore/tampa bay) and NEVER AGAIN showed the reason their calling card was legit (offensive guru).

can we call him an offensive minded coach if he never had any offenses worth a damn outside of hall of fame talent and a few seasons of WOW rich gannon?

So please tell us, you guru of all, what in Gruden's background indicates that he has any knowledge of what it takes to be a QB in the NFL??

ESPN gives him a show and everyone starts falling on their knees worshiping his QB opinion like he's second coming of Bill Walsh. Lest we forget Gruden's opinion of Cassell; during the KC vs. Pats Monday Night Football game when Palko was starting Gruden stated "The jury is still out on Matt Cassell."

Case closed.

KCTitus 05-19-2015 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11507849)
This is such a pseudo way of devaluing a fans evaluation. Before it used to be "Oh you watched tape? You mean highlight videos on YouTube?", but now that full games are accessible it's "But you haven't watched actual all 22 footage tape." All 22 footage tape is the best way to watch and obviously much more effective with WR's and DB's (guys that are off screen for most of the plays in regulars footage), but you can evaluate a QB without it.

I think you need to quit screwing around on your couch and get your resume to the Chiefs front office instead of arguing with us idiot fans.

Eleazar 05-19-2015 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11507849)

So why are you here again? Are you convincing us that Aaron Murray should be the starter or whatever?

Mr. Laz 05-19-2015 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 11507782)
You don't need all 22 footage to evaluate a QB with that much tape.

Holy crap.

A case can be made that without the All-22 tape you can't evaluate a QB AT ALL.

staylor26 05-19-2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11507864)
Holy crap.

A case can be made that without the All-22 tape you can't evaluate a QB AT ALL.

Thats absolute bullshit. It's obviously the perfect way, but to say you can't evaluate AT ALL without it? GTFOH

staylor26 05-19-2015 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 11507858)
What a retort...

But I defer to...

So please tell us, you guru of all, what in Gruden's background indicates that he has any knowledge of what it takes to be a QB in the NFL??

ESPN gives him a show and everyone starts falling on their knees worshiping his QB opinion like he's second coming of Bill Walsh. Lest we forget Gruden's opinion of Cassell; during the KC vs. Pats Monday Night Football game when Palko was starting Gruden stated "The jury is still out on Matt Cassell."

Case closed.

Retort?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 11507739)
Just going to toss this out there again; what in the past has shown that John Gruden and / or Tony Dungy have any sort insight as to what makes a great NFL QB? Seriously, the opinions of two defensive minded coaches that never developed a QB is the benchmark.

Your words. Not mine. Don't backtrack now.

O.city 05-19-2015 12:22 PM

It's pretty tough to evaluate a qb without a play sheet, route concepts etc.

Either way, this thread is funny. Keep it going.