ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Gangfight at Rain Man and DaFace headquarters (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=291911)

Rain Man 04-15-2015 05:14 PM

Gangfight at Rain Man and DaFace headquarters

We're sitting around working in our quiet office, and I keep hearing a lot of high-pitched yelling. Since we're near the state capitol we semi-frequently have protesters march by, maybe four or five times a year, so I figured it was either that or a big school field trip with a bunch of noisy kids.

So I rise up from the couch and, lo and behold, it's catfight city six floors below us. It was some big mass of teenage girls, and there were multiple fights going on. They're rolling in the streets and whaling on each other on the sidewalk. DaFace's windows point a different direction, so he saw the fights start, and I saw them after they were rolling.

There were no shootings and nobody lost any clothing, so that's probably all the news I've got. A police car rolled up and they all ran, probably 30 or 40 of them.

So what's the most exciting thing you saw at work today?

TribalElder 04-15-2015 05:15 PM

Fast food worker Union strike

The Franchise 04-15-2015 05:15 PM

I see crackheads and just released prisoners all the time outside of my office building. It doesn't help that we're across the street from the courts and we're surrounded by bail bonds places.

Baby Lee 04-15-2015 05:20 PM

Christian rock band?

threebag 04-15-2015 05:22 PM

Holy rollers?

Katipan 04-15-2015 05:22 PM

Snoop Doggs driver

lewdog 04-15-2015 05:27 PM

Someone shitting and pissing his pants.

Rain Man 04-15-2015 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 11438821)

I win.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11438823)
I see crackheads and just released prisoners all the time outside of my office building. It doesn't help that we're across the street from the courts and we're surrounded by bail bonds places.

I probably win unless there are acts of prostitution going on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11438832)
Christian rock band?

I win.

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 11438840)
Holy rollers?

I don't know exactly what this means, but I think I win.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 11438842)
Snoop Doggs driver

Hmm. I think I win if it was just the driver.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11438850)
Someone shitting and pissing his pants.

I definitely win.

Bugeater 04-15-2015 05:46 PM

I thought DaFace left your company several years ago.

TribalElder 04-15-2015 05:47 PM

Just because a girls flash mob decides to perform a re enactment of Gangam style outside your office isn't a win

If this hits the internet we all lose lol

Rain Man 04-15-2015 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconeater (Post 11438898)

It turned out that it was all a dream. Weirdest thing.

Bugeater 04-15-2015 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11438903)

Good thing you didn't give me his computer when I asked for it. He would've been pissed.

digger 04-15-2015 06:44 PM

It was quite today, as normal, I was only there half the day. I could have missed something.

Strongside 04-15-2015 07:12 PM

I did casting for a swimsuit calendar today. None of them fought, unfortunately. Had I thought of it, I might have made it part of the competition. But I'd say it was fairly entertaining.

Rain Man 04-15-2015 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 11439176)
I did casting for a swimsuit calendar today. None of them fought, unfortunately. Had I thought of it, I might have made it part of the competition. But I'd say it was fairly entertaining.

Your story is way more interesting than mine. I need details.

Eleazar 04-15-2015 07:15 PM

Does a person being disemboweled count?

Gadzooks 04-15-2015 07:16 PM

I work from home, during "lunch" I got to watch a classic french pron film from the 1970's starring the legendary adult film star Brigitte Lahaie

http://auto.img.v4.skyrock.net/1613/...74172983_1.jpg

I fast forwarded to the good parts so I'm pretty sure I win, although a swimsuit casting would have been nice.

Pitt Gorilla 04-15-2015 07:16 PM

College girls in yoga pants, per usual.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2015 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baconeater (Post 11438898)

DaFace bought him out

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2015 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11438817)
So what's the most exciting thing you saw at work today?

I met with some extremely high level creatives that asked me to join their new boutique media company, as a partner, that will oversee and direct the careers of more than 20 producers, 30 bands (all with major label record deals), help create a new music library, place new music in film and TV and create new revenue streams with existing works through advertising, streaming, placements and more. I was assured that I would still have time to compose for film and TV and would of course, oversee the creation of the music library.

Oh, and the usual yoga pants Yummy Mommies walking up and down my street all day to keep their hot little bodies fit through my studio window.

The Franchise 04-15-2015 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11439226)
I met with some extremely high level creatives that asked me to join their new boutique media company, as a partner, that will oversee and direct the careers of more than 20 producers, 30 bands (all with major label record deals), help create a new music library, place new music in film and TV and create new revenue streams with existing works through advertising, streaming, placements and more. I was assured that I would still have time to compose for film and TV and would of course, oversee the creation of the music library.

Oh, and the usual yoga pants Yummy Mommies walking up and down my street all day to keep their hot little bodies fit through my studio window.

That's awesome, man.

Buehler445 04-15-2015 08:11 PM

Quote:

So are you going to do it?

Buehler445 04-15-2015 08:16 PM

I saw a dude drop $600,000 in about half an hour.

Then I pulled on a 4 foot pipe wrench. Hard. I better not have to take it loose. Ever.

Iowanian 04-15-2015 08:19 PM

I saw a coworker shoot a potato gun towards another coworker who was walking in an adjacent field.

MagicHef 04-15-2015 08:20 PM

Bald eagle.

Iowanian 04-15-2015 08:22 PM

Did they answer your craigslist ad, find themselves sitting on a pleather sofa and learn that the real money required them to remove some cloths?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 11439176)

stevieray 04-15-2015 08:44 PM

I painted an Odell Summer Concert Series Logo, and fought off the admiring waitresses....

;)

stevieray 04-15-2015 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 11439387)
Bald eagle.

:thumb:

Katipan 04-15-2015 08:49 PM

Quote:

Am I really the only one picturing women in yoga pants crawling through his window?

DaFace 04-15-2015 09:09 PM

It's important to realize that "rolling in the streets" is literal, and said street is one of the more major streets in downtown Denver (three lane, one way road), and this was right in the middle of rush hour. I saw a number of these kids just about get run over.

Definitely not the usual scenery outside the office.

stevieray 04-15-2015 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11439516)
It's important to realize that "rolling in the streets" is literal, and said street is one of the more major streets in downtown Denver (three lane, one way road), and this was right in the middle of rush hour. I saw a number of these kids just about get run over.

Definitely not the usual scenery outside the office.

I think I know which street....eastbound traffic?

DaFace 04-15-2015 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 11439522)
I think I know which street....eastbound traffic?

Na, this was on Lincoln (close to the capitol building).

stevieray 04-15-2015 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11439525)
Na, this was on Lincoln (close to the capitol building).

..that IS a busy street.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2015 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11439324)
That's awesome, man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11439365)
So are you going to do it?

Thanks, guys! I'm not sure because there are a lot of parameters to work out.

Also, and this is kind of a strange thing to admit and I don't want to come across as an arse (although I probably will), I haven't actually worked the past two years because of the baby and my wife's cancer, yet my music catalog has generated substantial income. Now that the two year old is in full time preschool and I have 7-8 hours a day to actually work again, I have a half a dozen meetings set up and I want to listen to what everyone has to offer before making any commitments.

My ultimate goal (well, as of today) is to score a limited run TV series and feature films on a regular basis. As anyone would probably guess, those gigs are hard to get and very few composers can meet the demands of writing 20-30 minutes of music per week for a TV show and/or compose an incredible score of anywhere from 60-90 minutes for a feature film. But, I *think* I can handle it, so it's just a matter of finding a production company or producer that believes it, too.

So, I guess the bottom line is that I want to leave my options open until they've been closed for me.

Thanks again!

PS - Thanks for allowing me to ramble. Often times, I open up Word and write to myself to think things through. Crazy, I know, but it's effective.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2015 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 11439477)
Am I really the only one picturing women in yoga pants crawling through his window?

LMAO

The Franchise 04-15-2015 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11439536)

Also, and this is kind of a strange thing to admit and I don't want to come across as an arse (although I probably will), I haven't actually worked the past two years because of the baby and my wife's cancer, yet my music catalog has generated substantial income. Now that the two year old is in full time preschool and I have 7-8 hours a day to actually work again, I have a half a dozen meetings set up and I want to listen to what everyone has to offer before making any commitments.

My ultimate goal (well, as of today) is to score a limited run TV series and feature films on a regular basis. As anyone would probably guess, those gigs are hard to get and very few composers can meet the demands of writing 20-30 minutes of music per week for a TV show and/or compose an incredible score of anywhere from 60-90 minutes for a feature film. But, I *think* I can handle it, so it's just a matter of finding a production company or producer that believes it, too.

So, I guess the bottom line is that I want to leave my options open until they've been closed for me.

Thanks again!

PS - Thanks for allowing me to ramble. Often times, I open up Word and write to myself to think things through. Crazy, I know, but it's effective.

Well hopefully you get to do whatever makes you happy and more successful.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2015 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11439544)
Well hopefully you get to do whatever makes you happy and more successful.

Thanks, Man! Hopefully, I'll make the right choice...

TinyEvel 04-15-2015 10:03 PM

No video?

FAIL

FAIL FAIL

FAIL FAIL FAIL

this is the friggen 2015's

Rain Man 04-15-2015 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 11439477)

I usually picture that anyway.

Rain Man 04-15-2015 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 11439580)
No video?

FAIL

FAIL FAIL

FAIL FAIL FAIL

this is the friggen 2015's

I feel really terrible about that, too. But in fairness, I wasn't raised in the video era. DaFace is the one who should have been immediately videoing.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2015 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11439583)
I feel really terrible about that, too. But in fairness, I wasn't raised in the video era. DaFace is the one who should have been immediately videoing.

How did DaFace end up working for such a tyrant again?

:p

Rain Man 04-15-2015 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11439584)
How did DaFace end up working for such a tyrant again?

:p

Did you ever see the end of An Officer And A Gentleman?

Rain Man 04-15-2015 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11439536)

Thanks again!

I've been wanting to start up a Youtube TV series. Would you be my musical composer guy?

Katipan 04-15-2015 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11439592)

Who carried who?

Rain Man 04-15-2015 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 11439598)
Who carried who?

It was such a whirlwind that I don't really remember.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2015 10:21 PM

Quote:

I think I'm the only guy in high school (or was it junior high?) that didn't take his girlfriend to see that movie and for whatever reason, I've never seen it since.

Rain Man 04-15-2015 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11439604)
I think I'm the only guy in high school (or was it junior high?) that didn't take his girlfriend to see that movie and for whatever reason, I've never seen it since.

So you never saw the big shootout at the end?

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2015 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11439616)
So you never saw the big shootout at the end?

LMAO

DaFace 04-15-2015 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11439583)

I actually tried, but the sun was at an angle such that I mostly got a video of my plant reflecting in the window and a coworker and I talking about it.

TimBone 04-16-2015 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11439644)
I actually tried, but the sun was at an angle such that I mostly got a video of my plant reflecting in the window and a coworker and I talking about it.

What type of plant? I might still be willing to watch.

Baby Lee 04-16-2015 01:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11439604)

That one was right in the sweet spot [along with Blue Thunder and Starman] that were grownup movies that I was still too young to go with my parents to, but old enough to watch my sister back at home. Those were 3 of their 'date movies' from that time that I recall. My mom loathed the very idea of a sitter and they never did anything that wasn't family style until I was old enough to stay home alone [well, with lil sis in tow].

Saw Officer and Gentleman later on my own, but never the other two.

Legit good movie, and the basis of one of the early classic Simpson's bits.

Spoiler

<iframe width="512" height="288" src="http://www.hulu.com/embed.html?eid=hxegwti8h8zm0wl2yvy5jw" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Coochie liquor 04-16-2015 03:59 AM

I was tarping a roof, and there was a cute chubby goth mommy 2 doors away blowing bubbles with her kid. Occasionally she would bend over to talk to the child, and when she did..... I got a panty shot. That was my exciting thing at work. After that the next coolest thing was a "gang" of Hispanics using lawnmowers, weed eaters, and blowers on that same neighborhood.

Imon Yourside 04-16-2015 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 11438821)

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ghNuAFN2feA?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Flopnuts 04-16-2015 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 11438903)

I find myself oddly over joyed about that despite it having absolutely nothing to do with me. You all have known I was a weirdo for years.

loochy 04-16-2015 08:05 AM

I saw lots of numbers spread over 3 monitors for 10 hours. That's exciting for me.

morphius 04-16-2015 08:07 AM

I find it odd that Daface is working again with Rainman, I thought he had moved on to greener pastures?

morphius
shows how will I pay attention to what is going on.

Dartgod 04-16-2015 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 11439906)
I find it odd that Daface is working again with Rainman, I thought he had moved on to greener pastures?

morphius

I don't think he ever left. I think its a test to see how well we are paying attention.

We all failed.

DaFace 04-16-2015 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 11439906)

morphius

Greener pastures got bought out by a company in NYC that turned them into a sewage treatment plant. And Chiefs fans out here have to stick together.

Baby Lee 04-16-2015 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11440016)
Greener pastures got bought out by a company in NYC that turned them into a sewage treatment plant. And Chiefs fans out here have to stick together.

What's closer to the Chiefs than raw sewage?

morphius 04-16-2015 11:18 AM

Quote:

That makes sense, I've been stuck in situations where an East Coast guy takes over a company, that we hellish and I'm glad I jumped when I did.

Graystoke 04-16-2015 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11440069)
What's closer to the Chiefs than raw sewage?

Aint that the truth.

You all live fascinating lives.
I actually do work at a Sewage Treatment Plant. Today I had to go on a Industrial Compliance Inspection at a Hog Slaughtering facility.
Something I never get used to is going to the kill floor and seeing two dudes in hockey mask putting the bullet to young hogs.

Katipan 04-16-2015 11:43 AM

Quote:

Ill expect both of your resumes then.

BucEyedPea 04-18-2015 10:01 AM

Only exciting thing I saw was my birch logs I found in NH, coming out of baggage claim with no damage.

Donger 04-18-2015 12:18 PM

There was a man standing in front of my wheelie bag on the Hertz bus in San Diego. Naturally, I said, "Excuse me, sir. That's my bag." He said, "I'm a woman!" I replied, "Oh sorry. I thought you were in disguise."

Rasputin 04-18-2015 12:31 PM

I work at an insane asylum for the criminally ill. I see crazy things every day & have broken up fights.

A couple weeks ago out in the yard they were playing volley ball and about 5 guys jumped another guy and a riot about broke out. I had to pull guys off the dog pile until security actually showed up to restore order.

Got to be crazy to work there.

/
SPOT THE PSYCHO SPOT THE PSYCHO

displacedinMN 04-19-2015 10:46 AM

I saw a girl fight the other day.