ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Netflix Daredevil (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290418)

Deberg_1990 02-04-2015 06:42 PM

Netflix Daredevil

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XC7GPdBV9WQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buehler445 02-04-2015 08:56 PM

Looks decent. Netflix has done some well, and typically has spent some money.

Silock 02-04-2015 08:58 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tKnG06-oYcg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

unlurking 02-04-2015 09:05 PM

Wow. This looks MUCH better than I expected. Hopefully it's not just a well done trailer. I was expecting a CW-esque style darkness (no offense to Arrow fans, just not my thing), but this looks much grittier, dingier, creepier dark. I wasn't really planning on watching this, but that trailer just changed my mind.

Rausch 02-05-2015 10:33 AM

Holy $3it.

This is the first time I've given a **** at all about DD since Frank Miller or Kevin Smith (almost a decade...)

Rausch 02-05-2015 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 11311309)
Wow. This looks MUCH better than I expected. Hopefully it's not just a well done trailer. I was expecting a CW-esque style darkness (no offense to Arrow fans, just not my thing), but this looks much grittier, dingier, creepier dark. I wasn't really planning on watching this, but that trailer just changed my mind.

This character SHOULD be gritty and dark. IIRC he's in Hell's Kitchen both as a lawyer and as a vigilante.

My interest in this just went up 1,000%...

The Franchise 02-05-2015 01:48 PM

Was that Jessica from True Blood? So hot....

Gonzo 02-05-2015 02:18 PM

Looks interesting.

Fish 02-05-2015 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11312175)
Was that Jessica from True Blood? So hot....

Really? Ohh my..

Did she ever get nekkid on True Blood? I quit watching that piece of shit show, but she was so ****ing hot.....

keg in kc 02-05-2015 05:41 PM

Jesus I'm going to be paying for cable, Amazon and Netflix. Need a third job to pay for all my entertainment. Which I'll have no time for due to the third job.

The Franchise 02-05-2015 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11312469)
Really? Ohh my..

Did she ever get nekkid on True Blood? I quit watching that piece of shit show, but she was so ****ing hot.....

Nope....came close in a truck scene....but I think she had it written in her contract that she wouldn't do nudity.

CoMoChief 02-06-2015 11:49 AM

lol anything will be better than the Ben Affleck one. That along w/ Batman and Robin (Clooney) are the worst superhero movies of all time. Hell Blankman is better than both of those movies.

WhawhaWhat 02-06-2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 11313748)
lol anything will be better than the Ben Affleck one. That along w/ Batman and Robin (Clooney) are the worst superhero movies of all time. Hell Blankman is better than both of those movies.

Elektra was bad too and Catwoman.

Valiant 02-06-2015 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 11313748)

I have read the directors cut makes the movie decent. Still do not care to see it and change my mind..

keg in kc 03-10-2015 09:51 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jAy6NJ_D5vU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

unlurking 03-10-2015 04:48 PM

Definitely in. Will probably binge watch if Netflix releases the whole season at once as usual.

007 03-10-2015 04:51 PM

looks like a good replacement for House of Cards. I was so let down by the first episode that I may not even bother with the rest.

unlurking 04-10-2015 04:20 PM

Episode 4. Holy shit. D'Onofrio is awesome.

Slow start to the series, but keeps building steam. Loving it so far.

DaneMcCloud 04-10-2015 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 11429196)
Episode 4. Holy shit. D'Onofrio is awesome.

Slow start to the series, but keeps building steam. Loving it so far.

Please keep us posted! :)

Sure-Oz 04-11-2015 08:51 AM

Added to my que

unlurking 04-11-2015 10:40 AM

Definitely the darkest, bloodiest, most violent edition to the MCU. No Disney feeling here. Love the fact that it is not a villain of the week show. The entire season feels like a giant origin story for DD and Kingpin. Great show.

Deberg_1990 04-11-2015 12:08 PM

two episodes in and its pretty damn good. better than i expected.

So much grittier than Agents of Shield which has been "Disneyfied" IMO.

digger 04-11-2015 07:26 PM

Love it so far, ep9. Just one thing there is no lighting in this show, it's literally dark 90% of the time. It's connected, but not tied in like AoS. It is standing on it's own, but with hat tips to the greater MCU.

unlurking 04-11-2015 08:02 PM

Tied in to a lesser degree so far. The whole story is predicated on the destruction caused to New York by the Avengers.

Spoiler easter eggs...
http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/daredevil...ferences-guide

I can only assume that now that the origin stories have been created, they can join the wider universe. Already pointing to Civil War...

EDIT:
And totally agree about the lighting. Really wish they would up it some. That was one of my main issues with Arrow. May just be my eyes getting old. :(

unlurking 04-11-2015 08:17 PM

All sort of cool hints about upcoming characters, especially in the comments...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=118515

Had to search for it, since I did not notice the Stan Lee cameo for this...

NewChief 04-12-2015 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 11431319)
Tied in to a lesser degree so far. The whole story is predicated on the destruction caused to New York by the Avengers.

Ahh. I watched the first episode, and I wondered what they were talking about when the villains were all meeting. They referred to some past calamity thing, so I guess that's what it was.

Silock 04-12-2015 03:43 PM

This show rocks.

Barret 04-12-2015 04:25 PM

I binge watched it this weekend. Best Comic book show being produced. It is ultra violent. I didn't know you could decapitate someone with a SUV door.

All the Characters seem to have been built up so you care about them and there isn't a lot of "cheesy" stuff going on. I remember someone mentioning in one of the trailers about the nurse saying "you are blind but you see so much" as being cheese but once you see that part and see the context then it makes more sense.

To chime in with that others are saying "D'Onofrio is awesome" is a very correct statement and Charlie Cox does extremely well in this show.

My question is how do we see how well the showing is doing? Meaning on normal TV shows you can see the Neilson numbers and how many millions are watching something. Is netflix going to come out and say the numbers on this? I am concerned because I am really getting into the show but have been burned several times by networks taking off something that was interesting.

GloucesterChief 04-12-2015 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barret (Post 11433172)
I binge watched it this weekend. Best Comic book show being produced. It is ultra violent. I didn't know you could decapitate someone with a SUV door.

All the Characters seem to have been built up so you care about them and there isn't a lot of "cheesy" stuff going on. I remember someone mentioning in one of the trailers about the nurse saying "you are blind but you see so much" as being cheese but once you see that part and see the context then it makes more sense.

To chime in with that others are saying "D'Onofrio is awesome" is a very correct statement and Charlie Day does extremely well in this show.

My question is how do we see how well the showing is doing? Meaning on normal TV shows you can see the Neilson numbers and how many millions are watching something. Is netflix going to come out and say the numbers on this? I am concerned because I am really getting into the show but have been burned several times by networks taking off something that was interesting.

I am sure they can see how many times people watch the show and how many different accounts watch the show.

digger 04-12-2015 06:27 PM

Finished it. Great show, hope it gets more seasons.

GloucesterChief 04-12-2015 06:38 PM

Need to get enough new fans hooked.

Then drop Born Again as a season and watch the fans lose their minds ala Red Wedding.

Deberg_1990 04-12-2015 06:39 PM

Quote:

To chime in with that others are saying "D'Onofrio is awesome" is a very correct statement and Charlie Day does extremely well in this show.

Netflix knows exactly how many people are watching their shows but they don't ever release the numbers

Wallcrawler 04-12-2015 07:01 PM

Its pretty good, but I can see why it was released all at once. Some of the pacing on it is a bit slow, so I could really see myself losing interest if I had to wait a week between episodes.

Im guessing this is early, but Wilson Fisk seems incredibly underwhelming to me. Not a weakness on the part of Vince D'Onofrio by any means, but the way that Fisk is being written.

Wilson Fisk in the comics and Videogames is not a guy you cross, ever. He's got people stressing him out, talking shit to him, etc... I guess if this is an origin story, I buy it because he hasn't made it to full on "Kingpin" status yet. Im up to episode 9 of I think 13, so it may pick up.

Im really liking what Ive seen so far, when one episode ends, its tough to not immediately jump to the next one.

Deberg_1990 04-12-2015 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 11433404)
Its pretty good, but I can see why it was released all at once.

Netflix releases all its original shows this way.

digger 04-12-2015 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11433434)
Netflix releases all its original shows this way.

I read that's going to change. (no link)

Sure-Oz 04-12-2015 09:14 PM

Caught the 1st episode...def will be watching it all

unlurking 04-12-2015 09:50 PM

Quote:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/daredevil/s01/

Great reviews so far. 97% with critics, 98% with audience. This will definitely not be a one and done. Really making me jones for some Iron Fist!

unlurking 04-12-2015 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 11433404)
Its pretty good, but I can see why it was released all at once. Some of the pacing on it is a bit slow, so I could really see myself losing interest if I had to wait a week between episodes.

Im guessing this is early, but Wilson Fisk seems incredibly underwhelming to me. Not a weakness on the part of Vince D'Onofrio by any means, but the way that Fisk is being written.

Wilson Fisk in the comics and Videogames is not a guy you cross, ever. He's got people stressing him out, talking shit to him, etc... I guess if this is an origin story, I buy it because he hasn't made it to full on "Kingpin" status yet. Im up to episode 9 of I think 13, so it may pick up.

Im really liking what Ive seen so far, when one episode ends, its tough to not immediately jump to the next one.

Yeah, I would definitely describe him as "young" this season. I think this season was meant as a crucible to forge both Daredevil and Kingpin. Which I think is awesome, as opposed to a more shadowy villain where the primary draw is mystery. I like knowing more about Fisk. I wasn't a big DD fan, but this show is definitely making me adjust that and go grab some TPBs. People keep mentioning Frank Miller's run and Born Again, so I think I'll pick those up.

Curious to hear impressions on Fisk after the full season.

Tribal Warfare 04-13-2015 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 11433620)
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/daredevil/s01/

Great reviews so far. 97% with critics, 98% with audience. This will definitely not be a one and done. Really making me jones for some Iron Fist!

They are developing a Netflix Luke Cage series .

stumppy 04-13-2015 03:07 AM

Damnit, I read this thread last night and I've been on an all night binge since.

Daredevil has moved into my top 3. These fight scenes make me want to go out and administer a good old fashioned country ass whippin to some random scumbag thats got one coming.:D

Kyle DeLexus 04-13-2015 04:30 PM

In the first episode fight with the dude that was abducting women, why does the dude rack the slide on his pistol the second time? I get some people don't keep a round in the chamber so the first rack of the slide is fair enough, but after firing a good 9 rounds there is not a single reason outside of a reload or malfunction to manipulate the slide.

Rausch 04-13-2015 05:44 PM

Only watched 1.5 episodes so far but I'm very impressed.

DD was always a C list character I didn't bother much with. Amazing what some good writing and solid performances can do...

Aries Walker 04-13-2015 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 11433672)
They are developing a Netflix Luke Cage series .

Next is Jessica Jones. Then Luke Cage, then Iron Fist, then a series of the four of them together as the Defenders.

I can't wait to see what they do with Luke Cage.

Baby Lee 04-13-2015 11:29 PM

Meh, shitty internet slums /Dane

thabear04 04-14-2015 01:09 AM

Great first season.

Tribal Warfare 04-14-2015 02:57 AM

I did enjoy the how they portrayed Kingpin's inner conflict, and his warped ethics to better/rebuild the city for greater promise.

Wallcrawler 04-14-2015 06:28 AM

Solid first season, and very satisfying finale for the first season.

Spoiler!

Now who do we have to bribe to get a Punisher series?

thabear04 04-14-2015 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 11435771)
Solid first season, and very satisfying finale for the first season.

Spoiler!

Now who do we have to bribe to get a Punisher series?

Here what I found.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/04/...xternal,manual

GloucesterChief 04-14-2015 09:02 PM

Punisher would actually be great for season 2. Contrast Murdock's brutal but non-lethal style with Castle's brutal and lethal style.

Not to mention it is a pretty big rivalry in the comics.

NewChief 04-14-2015 09:17 PM

Okay. The darkness, the violence, the milieu... it's all been covered. I'm going to talk about something different.

I like the way they've handled the love interests. They're straightforward partnerships up to this point. Foggy has his girl who is helping him. Matt has Claire who knows who he is and is helping him. Even Fisk has something of a love interest who is accepting him (though I''m in ep5, and I have a feeling she's about to get killed by the Russians) none of the tortured bullshit of trying to hide identity and being like, "Oh. I'm supposed to be at this date, but suddenly my superhero alter ego calls, leading to complications in my relationship." After Spiderman and Arrow, that shit is completely overdone. I like the straightforward relationships in this series so far. It's refreshing.

Hell, one of the better things is that the villlain is dealing with the secret identity in his love interest more than the hero.

NewChief 04-15-2015 09:44 PM

Good old Herc. Doomed to play the awful heel.

GloucesterChief 04-16-2015 09:45 PM

So the final give hints for Gladiator and perhaps The Owl.

Aries Walker 04-17-2015 01:45 PM

Thoughts on those two.

Spoiler!

Also, did anyone else spot the probably-Bullseye?

Spoiler!

ThaVirus 04-18-2015 12:14 AM

Entertaining show. I've always liked Daredevil. He could probably give Bats and Cap a run for their money in a straight up fight..

I must be on ep 8 or so by now. When the balls is he going to get the costume and billy clubs?

unlurking 04-18-2015 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11443380)
Entertaining show. I've always liked Daredevil. He could probably give Bats and Cap a run for their money in a straight up fight..

I must be on ep 8 or so by now. When the balls is he going to get the costume and billy clubs?

Spoilered for those that don't want to know...

Spoiler!

Javabean 04-21-2015 09:54 PM

Netflix has ordered a second season of Daredevil. I loved the first season. Hopefully, the losses of both Goddard and DeKnight for the second season doesn't hurt it.

beach tribe 04-22-2015 07:26 AM

Haven't read any posts in this thread, I just finished a few episodes and I am in shock at how much i love this.
You all know I'm a Marvel fan boy, but Daredevil was never a reason for that.
This show has me by the balls. No way I don't watch the whole season by tomorrow night.
Episode 4 starting now.
Marvel, bay.

Hootie 04-22-2015 11:46 AM

Great 1st season. Foggy is a terrible actor, though.

listopencil 04-22-2015 05:31 PM

I just started watching this with my son. We are enjoying it. I like this more than CW's Arrow.

007 04-23-2015 02:09 AM

Watched ep 1 tonight and was thoroughly impressed.

NewChief 04-23-2015 06:00 AM

Finished the season last night. Pretty good stuff.

beach tribe 04-23-2015 04:16 PM

Just finished it up.
Thought it got a little cheesy towards the end, but it's REALLY hard not to once you throw a man into a costume.
That said, I think they did a really good job with it.
Gotta stay dark, though. It got a little cartoonish and that will destroy it if they move in that direction.

Miles 04-24-2015 12:48 AM

Have heard good things and watched the first two episodes tonight and off to a good start. Looks pretty damn good in 4k.

Silock 05-08-2015 10:31 PM

Rewatching. This is a ****ing GREAT show.

DaneMcCloud 05-08-2015 10:44 PM

I haven't gotten to it yet, so I'm avoiding all comments but I'm really looking forward to watching this and the other upcoming Marvel/Netflix series.

listopencil 05-08-2015 10:48 PM

We finished the season a while ago. It was very enjoyable. Really blew away "Arrow." In the entire season there was really only one slow episode, it was more of a character development one I guess. I'm looking forward to the next season.

Silock 05-08-2015 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11488234)
I haven't gotten to it yet, so I'm avoiding all comments but I'm really looking forward to watching this and the other upcoming Marvel/Netflix series.

You should prioritize this. It's AWESOME. Not because it's a comic book thing, but just because it's ****ing AWESOME.

Miles 05-09-2015 01:10 PM

Down to the final few episodes and this has been really good. I'm not big on the comic book stuff so I have liked how this is fairly grounded and also a bit dark. Cast has also been really good and D'Onofrio is fairly perfect for this role.

kcxiv 05-11-2015 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 11488237)
We finished the season a while ago. It was very enjoyable. Really blew away "Arrow." In the entire season there was really only one slow episode, it was more of a character development one I guess. I'm looking forward to the next season.

It has alot more freedom to do what they want then what Arrow can.

anyways, i just started on this show yesterday and i am on episode 6, its pretty freaking good. Really enjoying it.

Rausch 05-11-2015 08:14 AM

Here to comment - not to read - I'm only half way finished.

To this point I have to applaud the direction and writing. They have taken a character I never gave a fart in high wind about and made me love it.

The characters aren't one dimensional. Good guy is mostly good with some bad - but he's being pulled more and more towards the bad.

Bad guy is mostly a douche but wants to/thinks he can be a good man. Mostly bad but keeps feeling like he could do good.

Not clear cut. Sometimes doing what you believe in makes even those close to you hurt and angry. Sometimes you do some really dumb and terrible $#it because you're in love.

So far this season lives in and explores the grey areas of life and I love that.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll finish. I will say the bar has been raised to an almost impossible level now for Neflix.

I've probably enjoyed this series more than any MCU film other than Winter Soldier or the 1st Avengers...

Ragged Robin 05-11-2015 08:30 AM

Pretty well done, better than the rest of the superhero crap on TV. The forced high-drama especially with the friends who got to be really, really annoying when they became more of the focus in episodes, sort of shat on a very promising start.

I like how in the beginning they also challenge the viewer to use more of their senses without going through exposition to explain what just happened (well they do end up doing this but later ie with the heartbeat listening). I wish they did more creative storytelling like this, became pretty cookie-cutter by the end.

lawrenceRaider 05-13-2015 09:11 AM

Great show, can't wait for Season 2!

Bambi 05-13-2015 10:56 PM

I've watched the first three episodes.

I lived in Hell's Kitchen for 8 years.

I love it.

Sure-Oz 05-17-2015 05:58 PM

Great show...can't wait for season 2

Bowser 05-17-2015 07:22 PM

Just a few episodes in, but it's great. The guy playing Murdoch is perfect.

And also....Deborah Ann Woll is just so damned hot.

KevB 05-17-2015 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11505529)
Just a few episodes in, but it's great. The guy playing Murdoch is perfect.

And also....Deborah Ann Woll is just so damned hot.

Yes and yes.

Just finished up last night. Really entertaining, I look forward to season 2. A few missed notes here and there, but all in all a very good first season.

listopencil 05-18-2015 01:05 AM

OK, looking back, I really liked a couple of the things from...

Spoiler!

Buehler445 05-24-2015 11:31 PM

Finally got some time to watch it. Very well done IMO. I want more.

Nice that when people get shot blood flies. People actually die etc. Pretty harsh and gritty. Had some nice curveballs in there. Not too many weak spots IMO.

And thanks to this thread I now notice how everything is shot in the dark. I didn't care before. Thanks assholes :).

There were a few parts that really stood out to me. The prewar scenes were excellently written. A tremendous amount of good dialog there. Really great scenes. Donofrio had some good monologues. I thought he played the part well. Seemed like he over acted a few parts but overall did well. Different take on the villain. I liked it. Overall it was really well written and that is great. That's what will make it have staying power.

Tribal Warfare 05-25-2015 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 11517863)
Finally got some time to watch it. Very well done IMO. I want more.

Nice that when people get shot blood flies. People actually die etc. Pretty harsh and gritty. Had some nice curveballs in there. Not too many weak spots IMO.

And thanks to this thread I now notice how everything is shot in the dark. I didn't care before. Thanks assholes :).

There were a few parts that really stood out to me. The prewar scenes were excellently written. A tremendous amount of good dialog there. Really great scenes. Donofrio had some good monologues. I thought he played the part well. Seemed like he over acted a few parts but overall did well. Different take on the villain. I liked it. Overall it was really well written and that is great. That's what will make it have staying power.

Urich: There aren't good guys or villains, in my experience they're just people with different agendas.

Buehler445 05-25-2015 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 11517886)
Urich: There aren't good guys or villains, in my experience they're just people with different agendas.

Good call.