ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Fantastic Four (2015) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290223)

keg in kc 01-27-2015 11:23 AM

Fantastic Four (2015)

This would be the upcoming Trank version. New teaser trailer just released is the first look.

<iframe width="603" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/e-BVs-KCSiA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Franchise 01-27-2015 11:29 AM

This looks better than any of the other garbage movies they've put out....but there's not anything exciting about the Fantastic 4 as a group. I've never liked them....even when I was a kid.

Frosty 01-27-2015 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11294929)
This looks better than any of the other garbage movies they've put out....but there's not just nothing exciting about the Fantastic 4 as a group. I've never liked them....even when I was a kid.

The only cool one was Johnny Storm. Otherwise it was a low rent Hulk, a PlasticMan ripoff and the useless invisible girl.

lawrenceRaider 01-27-2015 11:35 AM

I suppose I'll have to watch it now. Looks light years ahead of the other F4 movies.

keg in kc 01-27-2015 11:51 AM

It looked better than I expected but I'm holding judgement until a full trailer.

Direckshun 01-27-2015 11:54 AM

That's probably about as good as you can make FF.

They're just a dramatically outdated superhero team.

-King- 01-27-2015 12:11 PM

Looks real good from that trailer. 100x better than the first fantastic four.

Deberg_1990 01-27-2015 05:00 PM

I like Miles Teller a lot. Good young up and coming actor.

NewChief 01-27-2015 05:26 PM

Yeah. I was a comic book nerd. The only time I liked F4 was when they interacted with other aspects of the universe like the Submariner and Silver Surfer.

Ragged Robin 01-27-2015 08:04 PM

not sure about the younger cast, also still dgaf about F4

Bowser 01-27-2015 08:37 PM

I can't get over the Torch being black and not a blood brother to Sue. Is that wrong?

DaneMcCloud 01-27-2015 08:48 PM

I honestly cannot figure out the motivation for making this film.

In a MCU of incredible super heroes, these guys are lame. It appears they're doing it "right" this time (thanks to Simon Kinberg) but who really wants to see multiple FF films?

Deberg_1990 01-27-2015 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11295999)

In a MCU of incredible super heroes, these guys are lame. It appears they're doing it "right" this time (thanks to Simon Kinberg) but who really wants to see multiple FF films?

pretty much my feelings as well.

Is it the whole Spider Man thing again Dane? FOX doesnt want to lose the rights back to Marvel so they have to keep making films?

Bowser 01-27-2015 08:53 PM

Quote:

Greed. It's the only thing I can think of when I wonder why they made this. They've seen the success and money Marvel has made and they think they can cash in on that wave right now. Throw in the "diversity" of the new Johhny Storm, and it's a haymaker swing at knocking open a potential cash piņata.

Outside of the FF actually being in the cinematic Marvel Universe, the FF are not impressive. These guys teaming up with the Avengers or any other mashup is big time, and it's an imperative to the Infinity Wars.

DaneMcCloud 01-27-2015 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11296007)
Greed. It's the only thing I can think of when I wonder why they made this. They've seen the success and money Marvel has made and they think they can cash in on that wave right now.

Outside of the FF actually being in the cinematic Marvel Universe, the FF are not impressive. These guys teaming up with the Avengers or any other mashup is big time, and it's an imperative to the Infinity Wars.

Right.

Unfortunately, their rights are with Fox, so like the X-Men, it's highly unlikely that they'll ever allow their characters in a Marvel/Disney film.

DaneMcCloud 01-27-2015 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11296005)
pretty much my feelings as well.

Is it the whole Spider Man thing again Dane? FOX doesnt want to lose the rights back to Marvel so they have to keep making films?

Yes but IIRC, the Marvel deal with Fox is different than Sony's deal, in which Marvel actually earns far less with Fox than Sony. It's real bone of contention for them and canceling the Fantastic Four comic line is just the beginning.

Bowser 01-27-2015 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11296010)
Right.

Unfortunately, their rights are with Fox, so like the X-Men, it's highly unlikely that they'll ever allow their characters in a Marvel/Disney film.

Exactly my point. I understand Fox wanting to cash in, but it's just doomed to be maybe not a total failure, but far less than what it should be if Marvel were to have the rights back.

And making Johnny Storm black is just a lazy move to bring in more interest, not to mention how it completely messes up the story (sorry, Direckshun).

DaneMcCloud 01-27-2015 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11296050)
Exactly my point. I understand Fox wanting to cash in, but it's just doomed to be maybe not a total failure, but far less than what it should be if Marvel were to have the rights back.

And making Johnny Storm black is just a lazy move to bring in more interest, not to mention how it completely messes up the story (sorry, Direckshun).

I'll be shocked if they cash in. They'll be lucky to match production and marketing costs worldwide. It's just a way to keep the rights which honestly, I don't believe are as valuable as Fox seems to think.

And yes, I agree that changing Johnny's origin without changing Sue's is a mistake. It would be one thing if they were both African American or Mexican American or Asian American but what they chose doesn't work, IMO.

And FWIW, the internets hates it, which doesn't bode well for its success.

Valiant 01-27-2015 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 11295076)
Looks real good from that trailer. 100x better than the first fantastic four.

I like the image of Thing a the end... But they literally did not show shit.. That is either a good sign, or a really really really bad sign..

So, from the trailer they are altering the origin story also?? I guess with changing storm might as well..

Valiant 01-27-2015 09:35 PM

Quote:

I thought they were going to lose the right if they did not make another movie?? I think that is the deal with all Marvel films/series with Fox/Sony..looks like you answered this later,disregard

Hence why Marvel canceled their comic(besides low subscriptions) even being Marvels first family.. Xmen comics and spinoffs are not allowed to introduce new characters in them.. They can only reuse old characters and storylines.. All new stuff has to be introduced elsewhere so they cannot use them for movies.. Then them killing off wolverine and deadpool before their next movies..

thabear04 01-28-2015 12:02 AM

I'll watch it.

-King- 01-28-2015 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11296050)

Why is it lazy? You're acting like they just hired a random black actor for the sake of making him black. Michael B Jordan is one of the best young actors in the game right now. Why do you care so much what skin color he is?

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2015 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 11296254)
Why is it lazy? You're acting like they just hired a random black actor for the sake of making him black. Michael B Jordan is one of the best young actors in the game right now. Why do you care so much what skin color he is?

It's "lazy" because it reeks of marketing, not storytelling.

For decades, Johnny and Sue have been brother and sister. That's the story. Now, it's Johnny and Sue but of different races. As I said earlier, if both were African American or Indian American or Mexican American or Asian American, no biggie.

But they're changing the mythology due to demographics.

unlurking 01-28-2015 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 11296056)
I like the image of Thing a the end... But they literally did not show shit.. That is either a good sign, or a really really really bad sign..

So, from the trailer they are altering the origin story also?? I guess with changing storm might as well..

That was my thought as well. Other than just being dark, this trailer did not allay my concerns in any way. I got the total impression that they were changing the origin story as well, although with how disjointed the trailer is it's hard to tell. I can't imagine they would really do that though?!

Valiant 01-28-2015 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 11296323)
That was my thought as well. Other than just being dark, this trailer did not allay my concerns in any way. I got the total impression that they were changing the origin story as well, although with how disjointed the trailer is it's hard to tell. I can't imagine they would really do that though?!

Yeah it seems they get altered on earth.

these companies just need to pay marvel 25 to 50 percent of profits to help write and guide the movies. Then marvel will allow them to sell toys.

Rausch 01-28-2015 07:07 AM

I want, so bad, to have this be decent.

Before even the Hulk (which is my uber-geek fetish) I was an FF fan.

Bo Jackson made me a football fan. From there I became a Chiefs fan.

The FF were why I read comics. From that love I became a HULK fan.

It HURTS to watch them **** this up.

Watching that emotionless-twat with ZERO ****ing range play Sue Storm makes me want to drown a puppy...

007 01-28-2015 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11296343)
I want, so bad, to have this be decent.

Before even the Hulk (which is my uber-geek fetish) I was an FF fan.

Bo Jackson made me a football fan. From there I became a Chiefs fan.

The FF were why I read comics. From that love I became a HULK fan.

It HURTS to watch them **** this up.

Watching that emotionless-twat with ZERO ****ing range play Sue Storm makes me want to drown a puppy...

You don't like Kate Mara? Or are you referring to Jessica Alba?

Bowser 01-28-2015 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 11296254)

I certainly don't have anything against this Jordan kid for playing the part, and I quite certainly don't have anything against him for being black. My issue is that Johnny Storm being black is a complete removal from the canon of the FF (and I'm not even a die hard FF fan). It's like when they completely shit up the story of Galactus and the Silver Surfer for no good apparent reason - they just did it because they can.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11296272)

For decades, Johnny and Sue have been brother and sister. That's the story. Now, it's Johnny and Sue but of different races. As I said earlier, if both were African American or Indian American or Mexican American or Asian American, no biggie.

Exactly this.

Simply Red 01-28-2015 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11294929)
This looks better than any of the other garbage movies they've put out....but there's not anything exciting about the Fantastic 4 as a group. I've never liked them....even when I was a kid.

ditto.

JD10367 01-28-2015 08:30 AM

It's getting a little tiring watching every superhero getting the angst-filled dramatic-music slow-motion "tortured soul" treatment of "The Dark Knight". I think that's why I, and so many other people, enjoyed GOTG. The casting also looks bland; I don't mind relative unknowns but those four look like they bring nothing to the table. (I actually liked Ioan Gruffudd, and he makes "Forever" worth watching.) And, as mentioned, there's nothing exciting about this group of characters (although I'm sure, due to the tone, they'll play up the "outcasts from normal society" angle, which was about the only thing the other film versions also did well). Just seems all around like a pointless film. The DC equivalent would be if they ever make an "Aquaman" movie.

-King- 01-28-2015 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11296272)

So? Once again if its just marketing, why get someone like Michael B Jordan to play Johnny? Why not get "insert random black actor here"? If an actor is good then race shouldn't matter. You can explain that. Letting a good actor go or passing up on one in a comic book movie because of race is just stupid as hell.

"WE CAN'T LET JOHNNY BE BLACK! LOOK AT WHAT RACE HE WAS IN THIS 1961 COMIC BOOK!" Stupid.
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6 01-28-2015 10:20 AM

I'll probably pick this one up at the video store the same day that I go get "The Kingsmen".

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2015 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 11296541)
So? Once again if its just marketing, why get someone like Michael B Jordan to play Johnny? Why not get "insert random black actor here"? If an actor is good then race shouldn't matter. You can explain that. Letting a good actor go or passing up on one in a comic book movie because of race is just stupid as hell.

"WE CAN'T LET JOHNNY BE BLACK! LOOK AT WHAT RACE HE WAS IN THIS 1961 COMIC BOOK!" Stupid.
Posted via Mobile Device

Changing the mythology never sits well with the fans, which apparently has gone right over your head. It's not a matter of an African American playing Johnny, it's that his sister isn't. Again, if his sister was the same ethnicity, this wouldn't be an issue.

FF is already a tough sell and the Fox made even more difficult.

-King- 01-28-2015 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11296733)
Changing the mythology never sits well with the fans, which apparently has gone right over your head. It's not a matter of an African American playing Johnny, it's that his sister isn't. Again, if his sister was the same ethnicity, this wouldn't be an issue.

FF is already a tough sell and the Fox made even more difficult.

90% of people don't even know the characters names much less their relations to one another. People really overestimate how many people have intimate knowledge of comic books and care about strict continuity. Most people just want to see a good movie. If some things have to be changed from the comic book to the movie, so be it. It's not like the Christopher Nolan was 100% faithful in the dark knight trilogy. He changed whatever aspects allowed him to tell his story the best.

ThaVirus 01-28-2015 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11296733)
It's not a matter of an African American playing Johnny, it's that his sister isn't. Again, if his sister was the same ethnicity, this wouldn't be an issue.

Somehow I doubt that.

ToxSocks 01-28-2015 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 11297206)
90% of people don't even know the characters names much less their relations to one another. People really overestimate how many people have intimate knowledge of comic books and care about strict continuity. Most people just want to see a good movie. If some things have to be changed from the comic book to the movie, so be it. It's not like the Christopher Nolan was 100% faithful in the dark knight trilogy. He changed whatever aspects allowed him to tell his story the best.

You're both right. When you change things, the hardcore nerds get all kinds of bent out of shape about it, go online and make a big fuss. That can have a real negative effect.

Casual people like myself who don't give a **** couldn't care less.

Valiant 01-28-2015 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 11297206)

Well one 90% is bs. Every little boy to teen will know the background. Every geek or nerd man will know the background. Who do you think it the core group that watches this on opening night that brings their kids or spouses? They are often the prescreeners. They deem the movie shit, it tanks to the casual fans you talk about because they go off reviews.

and it is fine to alter origin, just be smart. Changing one persons race in a family is not it. As for dark knight, i guess i must of seen a dufferent movie, all the characters were basically spot on outside of a mumbling bane.

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2015 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11297228)
Somehow I doubt that.

Oh, I'm sure there would be some fan boy grumbling, like the casting of the always excellent Ebis Eldra in Thor but IMO, this was an unnecessary stunt that pissed off Fantastic Four's core fans.

And trust me, it was a stunt. Fox didn't want to lose FF (for the life of me, I can't figure out why not) and after two mediocre at best films a decade ago, are trying something "different".

If Fox isn't playing to FF's core fans, who are they playing to? How is changing the mythology going to attract new fans? How does this advance the story forward? Is he going to have some incredibly interesting back story that changes the entire mythology?

It's a ploy, plain and simple. Whether it works or not remains to be seen.

Deberg_1990 01-28-2015 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11297382)
Oh, I'm sure there would be some fan boy grumbling, like the casting of the always excellent Ebis Eldra in Thor but IMO, this was an unnecessary stunt that pissed off Fantastic Four's core fans.

And trust me, it was a stunt. Fox didn't want to lose FF (for the life of me, I can't figure out why not) and after two mediocre at best films a decade ago, are trying something "different".

If Fox isn't playing to FF's core fans, who are they playing to? How is changing the mythology going to attract new fans? How does this advance the story forward? Is he going to have some incredibly interesting back story that changes the entire mythology?

It's a ploy, plain and simple. Whether it works or not remains to be seen.

I think the Marvel 'brand' holds so much value these days that FOX keeps holding on to the FF rights

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2015 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11297389)
I think the Marvel 'brand' holds so much value these days that FOX keeps holding on to the FF rights

I get that but I just don't see the Fantastic Four as being stand alone film worthy. Their powers are so lame compared to the Avengers, X-Men, Inhumans and so on. To me, Ant-Man, even though I currently believe they made a mistake firing Edgar, is infinitely more interesting than FF.

This is Fox's last shot, IMO. With Marvel killing the comic, Fox will need a mega-hit or they'll just end up negotiating a deal with Marvel/Disney, much like Sony is doing with them for Spiderman. At that point, I could see crossover but no further need for yet another stand alone movie.

ThaVirus 01-28-2015 04:41 PM

Holy shit, you butchered Idris Elba's name LMAO

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2015 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11297474)

Blame my iPad autocorrect and a sick 2 year old

keg in kc 01-28-2015 06:33 PM

I actually don't give a flying **** about a black torch. I just want a good movie.

Gravedigger 01-28-2015 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11297474)

Adele Gahzeem.

Frosty 01-28-2015 10:11 PM

If they have a white Sue Storm and a black Johnny Storm, that would be weird. However, if Sue and Reed are already married in the movie and Johnny Storm is just part of the crew (it looks like he is a mechanic), it could work. It never really made any sense that Sue's teenaged brother would be on the space crew anyway.

beach tribe 02-01-2015 10:06 AM

Quote:

When you own the rights to The Silver Surfer, Galactus, Dr Doom and whoever else they robbed Marvel for in that deal, not to mention they also own the X-men, there is actually extreme potential there, as meh a group as the FF are.

They actually have enough of a universe to hold the Secret Wars, if they are allowed to do such a thing.

Rausch 02-01-2015 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11297389)

They really don't care outside of XMen.

They can brand it, barely give a ****, profit...

Rausch 02-01-2015 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 11303087)
When you own the rights to The Silver Surfer, Galactus, Dr Doom and whoever else they robbed Marvel for in that deal, not to mention they also own the X-men, there is actually extreme potential there, as meh a group as the FF are.

They actually have enough of a universe to hold the Secret Wars, if they are allowed to do such a thing.

That's the glue of The Infinity Gauntlet.

Players like the Silver Surfer and most of the X-Cast make up a HUGE part of the Gauntlet story...

beach tribe 02-03-2015 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11303131)
That's the glue of The Infinity Gauntlet.

Players like the Silver Surfer and most of the X-Cast make up a HUGE part of the Gauntlet story...

Surfer, Galactus maybe.

Other than suffering some horrible deaths the X's didn't do shit in the IG.

Direckshun 02-03-2015 01:45 PM

Surfer and Galactus maybe?

We read the same IG, correct?

beach tribe 02-04-2015 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11308931)
Surfer and Galactus maybe?

We read the same IG, correct?

It's just an expression, man.

They were huge players. Mutants...not so much.

-King- 04-19-2015 10:45 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/POBI7OhGB18" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Still looking good.

Silock 04-19-2015 10:49 PM

Yeah, this looks AWESOME. Except I can't stand The Thing. It's never going to look right.

RobBlake 04-20-2015 12:13 AM

love it. Already looks TONS better than previous installment. And the girl and the guy *names evade me* look way more compatible and somewhat within his league lol. Jessica Alba, you my wife, but damn you can't act

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-20-2015 03:33 AM

FF sucks. Just horrible.

Rausch 04-20-2015 06:59 AM

Meh...

Just Passin' By 04-20-2015 09:25 AM

Will 0 for 3 stop them from making bad choices and bad movies with the Fantastic Four?

The Franchise 04-20-2015 09:44 AM

Fantastic 4 is just not interesting.....at all.

ToxSocks 04-20-2015 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11447221)
Fantastic 4 is just not interesting.....at all.

This.

keg in kc 07-14-2015 02:00 PM

<iframe width="735" height="438" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AAgnQdiZFsQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

frankotank 07-14-2015 02:09 PM

the thing looks totally badass

ThaVirus 07-14-2015 02:32 PM

The Thing does look pretty good. Much better than the original.

ThaVirus 07-14-2015 02:33 PM

What are Doctor Doom's powers anyway?

I thought he was most dangerous due to his intelligence, technology and wealth/resources.

lawrenceRaider 07-14-2015 02:55 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Doom

Doctor Doom is a polymath and scientific genius. Throughout most of his publication history, he has been depicted as one of the most intelligent humans in the Marvel Universe. This is shown on many occasions, most famously by actually curing Ben Grimm of his Thing form, which Reed Richards has never repeated.[81] On the other hand, Reed Richards managed to process all the computer calculations necessary to save the life of a disintegrating Kitty Pryde by himself, which is a feat that Doctor Doom at the time professed to be unable to do.[82]

Doctor Doom also possesses originally minor mystical capabilities due to teachings from Tibetan monks, but later increased them to a considerable extent due to tutoring from his lover Morgan Le Fay. He is capable of energy projection, creating protective shields, and summoning hordes of demonic creatures.[83] Even at a time his abilities were consistently referred to as minor, with assistance from his technology and by tag-teaming with Doctor Strange, Doctor Doom managed to come second in a magic tournament held by the ancient sorcerer the Aged Genghis.[84]

Doctor Doom’s armor augments his natural physical strength to superhuman levels, to the point where he is able to hold his own against Spider-Man in hand-to-hand combat,[92] although he tends to rely on long-range tactics when engaging physically stronger foes. It is also highly resistant to harm, sufficient to withstand blows from Iron Man’s armor.[93] The armor can generate a defensive force field[94] and a lethal electric shock killing anyone who might come in contact with Doctor Doom.[94] The armor is self-supporting, equipped with internal stores and recycling systems for air, food, water, and energy, allowing the wearer to survive lengthy periods of exposure underwater or in outer space.

frankotank 07-14-2015 02:56 PM

I think he got zapped with whatever the 4 got zapped with and started turning into metal.
he's like....a metal man....kinda like colossus?

007 07-14-2015 11:33 PM

OK, that trailer has me interested now.

ThaVirus 07-14-2015 11:41 PM

The guy that's playing Reed Richards is such a douche. I'd really like to punch him in the face.

unlurking 07-15-2015 05:51 AM

Still looks like shit.

Rausch 07-15-2015 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 11598554)
the thing looks totally badass

The Thing actually looks close to what he did in the comix. To me his character/personality was the best of the group and I worry they'll change it to modernize him.

Movie (unfortunately) still looks bad. Doom looks terrible.

My big hope is it will stink enough Marvel can get them back and we eventually see a classic Hulk vs. FF moment or movie.

Javabean 07-15-2015 01:10 PM

Doom is not only a genius comparable to Reed Richards with Iron Man-like armor and the second most powerful sorcerer alive (after Dr. Strange), but he also has a solid motivation. He's used magic to look into a hundred thousand possible futures, and the only one in which mankind survives is the one in which he conquers the world.

Also, although he's the brutal dictator of Latveria, the country is peaceful and prosperous. He's gotten rid of hunger and crime, for example, so his oppressive regime is mostly beloved by the citizens.

I really doubt this movie will do it, but Doom could be a great character if more of the story were told from his point of view.

Just Passin' By 07-15-2015 03:04 PM

Still looking like it's going to be 0 for 3 in FF movies

Bowser 07-15-2015 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 11599991)
Still looks like shit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 11601049)

These

Deberg_1990 07-15-2015 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 11601049)

The Buzz isnt good.

Bowser 07-15-2015 09:05 PM

I hope this tanks hard and Marvel reclaims the rights. That's likely the best case scenario for this movie right now.

Javabean 07-16-2015 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11601595)
I hope this tanks hard and Marvel reclaims the rights. That's likely the best case scenario for this movie right now.

Agreed. I don't particularly care about the Fantastic Four, but having the Silver Surfer and Galactus in the same universe as Thanos would be awesome.

Bowser 07-16-2015 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javabean (Post 11601746)
Agreed. I don't particularly care about the Fantastic Four, but having the Silver Surfer and Galactus in the same universe as Thanos would be awesome.

Awesome, and damned near necessary. The Surfer's battles with Thanos are always bad ass, and Galactus is one of the very few that can straight up outpower Thanos (minus Thanos having the Gauntlet, of course). Plus, Galactus and the Surfer were a pretty vital part of the Infinity Gauntlet storyline in the comics. That's not even mentioning how the FF are just kind of meh on their own, but added with the Avengers they become become pretty awesome.

Marvel NEEDS the FF, Galactus, and the Surfer.

cabletech94 07-16-2015 06:51 PM

I remember the good old days when the human torch was white.

/not racist

GloucesterChief 07-16-2015 06:53 PM

The problem with the F4 movies is they keep messing up Dr. Doom. They keep wanting to give him powers for some reason.

They should of gotten an actor to play him and Charles Dance to do the voice.

milkman 07-18-2015 05:25 PM

Am I the only one here that actually liked the FF4 comics?

For me it was Spiderman, followed by The Incredible Hulk, followed by the FF4, as my favorites.

MMXcalibur 07-18-2015 05:43 PM

Pass.

Again.