ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Pick The 8 Players KC Will Cut This Offseason (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289703)

kccrow 01-04-2015 01:44 PM

Pick The 8 Players KC Will Cut This Offseason

I'm going to be doing a new mock up with who KC retains, who they cut, and who they sign with whatever money I end up with. You pick who they retain and who they cut from my polls. Pick 8 of the 16 players KC should cut to make cap space in 2015... I'll use the top vote getters. I'll worry about any re-structures that might need to be made for those retained.

Hoover 01-04-2015 01:51 PM

Its hard to cut Allen when you look at our guard situation. Really sucks to have to cut Berry considering his situation, I wish I knew all the options available to the team.

kccrow 01-04-2015 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 11242161)
Its hard to cut Allen when you look at our guard situation. Really sucks to have to cut Berry considering his situation, I wish I knew all the options available to the team.

They can outright cut. They can stash him on a non-football illness list that allows them to designate what rate they want to pay him, either nothing or some percentage of his total rate that will go against the cap. When the Browns Dezmond Bryant had a heart condition, they paid him 75% of his salary.

John Dope 01-04-2015 07:13 PM

That was tough! I really don't think they will cut Berry unless they are 100% sure he is done. I don't think Dorsey would do it and I don't think Clark would allow it. Plus, if you do that, you piss all the players off. You also piss players from around the league off. Imo we are still trying to repair our image that was damaged in the Pioli era imo. They gotta be careful about how they handle Berry.

Nightfyre 01-04-2015 07:27 PM

A few ideas: Berry can go back on the NFI list and his contract doesn't count against the cap. Bowe, DJ and Devito are restructure candidates. Stephenson will be cut for sure. Hali and Avery will be cut. Daniel and Mays should be cut.

edit: All that said, I didn't vote in the poll.

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 07:41 PM

LMAO

I'd like someone to name ONE valid, logical reason that Chase Daniel should be cut, especially if the Chiefs are gaining significant cap space by cutting Avery, Fasano, DeVito, Bowe, Hali, Mays and putting Berry on the NFI.

John Dope 01-04-2015 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11244149)
LMAO

I'd like someone to name ONE valid, logical reason that Chase Daniel should be cut, especially if the Chiefs are gaining significant cap space by cutting Avery, Fasano, DeVito, Bowe, Hali, Mays and putting Berry on the NFI.

We completely agree on Chase. They won't cut him. It won't happen.

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 07:51 PM

There's no reason to cut Allen until after training camp at the earliest. He's better depth than the guys that replaced him this year.

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 07:56 PM

They'll either restructure Hali, Bowe, DeVito and Johnson or cut them. I do believe that most will be back at a greatly reduced rate. Mays, Fasano and Jenkins are gone and if they're not, this team will be in for another long year offensively.

Sean Smith and Chase Daniel are untouchable. No way they cut either.

O.city 01-04-2015 08:03 PM

They'll wait to cut daniel into preseason anyway, if murray or bray come out with a bang and take over the number 2 spot and a vet from some other team gets surprise cut and they need money

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11244214)
They'll wait to cut daniel into preseason anyway, if murray or bray come out with a bang and take over the number 2 spot and a vet from some other team gets surprise cut and they need money

Daniel will in no way, shape or form, be cut.

If he's not on the 2015 roster, it'll be because he was traded to a QB needy team, like Buffalo or the Jets, or to bring along a rookie QB.

$3.8 million for a capable backup QB is peanuts, especially with an injury prone starter in his 30's.

O.city 01-04-2015 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11244225)

If he's not on the 2015 roster, it'll be because he was traded to a QB needy team, like Buffalo or the Jets, or to bring along a rookie QB.

$3.8 million for a capable backup QB is peanuts, especially with an injury prone starter in his 30's.

I don't think he will be, but that would be the only scenario I could see playing out where he is cut.

Or if Winston were to drop and they were on love with him and drafted him.

RunKC 01-04-2015 08:13 PM

The Chiefs are not cutting Fasano or Walker. Look at their cap number.

Both these guys have more dead money than cap savings so cutting them both does nothing but lose money. You're paying to get rid of them

Cutting them in 2016 however gives you back $2.77 million for Fasano and $2.52 million for Walker.

O.city 01-04-2015 08:14 PM

I don't mind either of those two really, they're fillers.

Wouldn't mind adding another dynamic TE tho.

jd1020 01-04-2015 08:16 PM

Quote:

LMAO

One valid reason? How about he's not that good and there's no logical reason to believe that he brings more to the team than someone like Murray, Bray, or any rookie QB the Chiefs might draft/sign.

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11244233)
The Chiefs are not cutting Fasano or Walker. Look at their cap number.

Both these guys have more dead money than cap savings so cutting them both does nothing but lose money. You're paying to get rid of them

Cutting them in 2016 however gives you back $2.77 million for Fasano and $2.52 million for Walker.

Fasano is worthless. He has a $4.25 cap number and if he's cut, they'll save $2 million.

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11244238)
One valid reason? How about he's not that good and there's no logical reason to believe that he brings more to the team than someone like Murray, Bray, or any rookie QB the Chiefs might draft/sign.

Right. He's no better than Bray.

LMAO

Good grief.

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11244231)
I don't think he will be, but that would be the only scenario I could see playing out where he is cut.

Or if Winston were to drop and they were on love with him and drafted him.

The Chiefs will not draft Winston. Not a chance.

jd1020 01-04-2015 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11244242)
Right. He's no better than Bray.

LMAO

Good grief.

He sure lit shit up against SD.

Not sure how anyone could be asked to throw for 157 yards and no TDs. That's like a ****ing mountain to climb!

This guy has 2 ****ing starts in his career and people defend him like he's an ace in the hole.

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11244247)
He sure lit shit up against SD.

Not sure how anyone could be asked to throw for 157 yards and no TDs. That's like a ****ing mountain to climb!

On two days practice.

Bray would have fumbled, thrown multiple interceptions and walked off the field each time with his mouth wide open, looking like a deer in the headlights. Just like preseason.

The Chiefs aren't cutting Daniel.

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11244247)
This guy has 2 ****ing starts in his career and people defend him like he's an ace in the hole.

Defend him? No. Best backup on the roster? Yes.

Do you even watch NFL games? How many QB's are knocked out for significant time or lost for the season? Do you honestly believe that Clark Hunt, Andy Reid and John Dorsey would be so foolish to rely on an undrafted free agent that hasn't proven anything when he's played, to be their backup?

O.city 01-04-2015 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11244246)
The Chiefs will not draft Winston. Not a chance.

There was smoke they wanted Johnny football, but that was pretty Alex smith contract.

I dunno about jameis off field stuff

jd1020 01-04-2015 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11244252)
On two days practice.

Bray would have fumbled, thrown multiple interceptions and walked off the field each time with his mouth wide open, looking like a deer in the headlights. Just like preseason.

The Chiefs aren't cutting Daniel.

Bray is a 3rd string QB at this point.

Daniel's gone, Murray/Draftee/signee #2, and Bray #3 or cut with Daniel.

The "drop-off" from a QB depth chart of that vs having Daniel at #2 is probably a net gain. **** Daniel and anyone arguing he brings something to the table.

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11244263)
Bray is a 3rd string QB at this point.

Daniel's gone, Murray/Draftee/signee #2, and Bray #3 or cut with Daniel.

The "drop-off" from a QB depth chart of that vs having Daniel at #2 is probably a net gain. **** Daniel and anyone arguing he brings something to the table.

Bray is NOT a third stringer. He's not on the active roster. They're giving him one more year to prove he deserves to be on an NFL roster this summer. I'll be shocked if he makes it.

You're just another irrational Daniel hater, probably because he attended Missouri.

RunKC 01-04-2015 08:28 PM

It's going to cost us $300k in the hole to get rid of Fasano and $25k to get rid of Walker.

We struggled to stay healthy to run the 3 TE set. He's staying. Plus the QB likes him. Add to that position to cut him in 2016.
Walker is valuable bc of injuries. We weren't that deep and could use one more DL as depth even with him. $3.75 million isn't that bad.

Cut Avery, Tamba and Mays. Tell DeVito and Bowe to restructure. Get $4 million from Berry's contract on the NFL non injured injury list.

jd1020 01-04-2015 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11244261)
Defend him? No. Best backup on the roster? Yes.

Do you even watch NFL games? How many QB's are knocked out for significant time or lost for the season? Do you honestly believe that Clark Hunt, Andy Reid and John Dorsey would be so foolish to rely on an undrafted free agent that hasn't proven anything when he's played, to be their backup?

I wish I knew how someone could definitively say a guy with 2 games of experience is the best backup on the team when the QB is literally asked to barely exist in KC.

jd1020 01-04-2015 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11244272)
Bray is NOT a third stringer. He's not on the active roster. They're giving him one more year to prove he deserves to be on an NFL roster this summer. I'll be shocked if he makes it.

You're just another irrational Daniel hater, probably because he attended Missouri.

Nah. I'm a Daniel hater because he's not ****ing good. Plain and simple. I don't give 2 shits where someone went to school 6 years ago.

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11244262)
There was smoke they wanted Johnny football, but that was pretty Alex smith contract.

I dunno about jameis off field stuff

I never heard a thing from anyone about the Chiefs and Manziel. I find it hard to believe, since he doesn't fit Reid or Dorsey's vision of a tall, smart WCO QB.

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11244280)
Nah. I'm a Daniel hater because he's not ****ing good. Plain and simple.

That's why the Chiefs lost last week.

jd1020 01-04-2015 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11244286)
That's why the Chiefs lost last week.

Tell me all about the pivotal role Daniel played in that win.

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11244273)
It's going to cost us $300k in the hole to get rid of Fasano and $25k to get rid of Walker.

We struggled to stay healthy to run the 3 TE set. He's staying. Plus the QB likes him. Add to that position to cut him in 2016.
Walker is valuable bc of injuries. We weren't that deep and could use one more DL as depth even with him. $3.75 million isn't that bad.

Cut Avery, Tamba and Mays. Tell DeVito and Bowe to restructure. Get $4 million from Berry's contract on the NFL non injured injury list.

I don't know where you're getting your figures but they're completely different from overthecap.com. If the Chiefs can't find a better way to spend $4 million on Fasano's 20 receptions next year, Hunt needs to fire everyone immediately.

Walker should be on the roster next year. I'm not sure why that's even in question.

O.city 01-04-2015 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11244281)
I never heard a thing from anyone about the Chiefs and Manziel. I find it hard to believe, since he doesn't fit Reid or Dorsey's vision of a tall, smart WCO QB.

Schefter tweeted about it on draft day. I think they were trying to get someone like the browns did, to trade up for him so someone they wanted would fallm

RunKC 01-04-2015 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11244291)
I don't know where you're getting your figures but they're completely different from overthecap.com. If the Chiefs can't find a better way to spend $4 million on Fasano's 20 receptions next year, Hunt needs to fire everyone immediately.

Walker should be on the roster next year. I'm not sure why that's even in question.

http://overthecap.com/player/anthony-fasano/668/

I don't think they are getting rid of a target Alex likes. But I could even see them taking Funchess or Williams in the first round to add another Kelce like matchup problem.

I doubt we draft a WR rd 1. Severely doubt it

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 11244288)
Tell me all about the pivotal role Daniel played in that win.

He led the team on multiple scoring drives, didn't turn the ball over and a beat a team that was vying for the playoffs.

He executed the game plan and beat a Philip Rivers led team on short notice.

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11244309)
http://overthecap.com/player/anthony-fasano/668/

I don't think they are getting rid of a target Alex likes. But I could even see them taking Funchess or Williams in the first round to add another Kelce like matchup problem.

I doubt we draft a WR rd 1. Severely doubt it

$4 million for 20 catches is absurd. He's a subpar blocker, commits way too many penalties and drops too many easy passes.

If Dorsey and Reid keep that guy at that price, then the playoffs are out of reach.

jd1020 01-04-2015 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11244310)
He led the team on multiple scoring drives, didn't turn the ball over and a beat a team that was vying for the playoffs.

He executed the game plan and beat a Philip Rivers led team on short notice.

:clap:

I honestly can't imagine a rookie even dreaming of throwing up a line of 16/27 for 157 yards (5.8 YPA), 0 TDs, 0 INTs, and 4 sacks.

That right there is the line of an irreplaceable QB. No ****ing way Murray could pull that gem of a performance off... no way!

RealSNR 01-04-2015 09:26 PM

I'm sick of the Sanders Commings bullshit. Even if he stays healthy into the regular season and is good, he's just going to break eventually.

DaneMcCloud 01-04-2015 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11244393)
I'm sick of the Sanders Commings bullshit. Even if he stays healthy into the regular season and is good, he's just going to break eventually.

Terez Paylor said he was a stud in training camp this year before his inevitable injury in the 2014 preseason. There's no advantage to cut him before he's injured again but it's looking like he doesn't have an NFL body.

jd1020 01-04-2015 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11244393)

I voted him as one of my eight.

5th round pick that can't make to out of preseason? Bye.

RealSNR 01-04-2015 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11244409)
Terez Paylor said he was a stud in training camp this year before his inevitable injury in the 2014 preseason. There's no advantage to cut him before he's injured again but it's looking like he doesn't have an NFL body.

I agree. Give him that one more training camp to try and stay healthy. Maybe he can be our Bob Sanders

RunKC 01-04-2015 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11244409)

Give him one more chance in training camp. He's very cheap so it's a win/win for us.

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-05-2015 07:22 PM

Quote:

LMAO

Because he broke his neck sky diving. That would be a logical reason.

crazycoffey 01-08-2015 07:56 AM

Quote:

LMAO

I'm in no way saying I support it, I'm not fighting it either though..... He's an overpaid back up. Take your pick, smith or Daniel.

tredadda 01-08-2015 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11244225)

He missed two starts in two years. Hard to qualify that as injury prone.

RealSNR 01-08-2015 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 11251778)
He missed two starts in two years. Hard to qualify that as injury prone.

He has a concussion history. That's something you can't ignore. It's different from someone like Trent Green, who had his two pretty bad knee injuries earlier in his career, and then by his second year in KC, nobody was concerned at all with his durability because he had pretty much proven that the knee wasn't an issue.

Bowser 01-10-2015 11:02 AM

Sorry, late to the thread, but I have to make this announcement -

Tyler Bray sucks. He can't pick up the playbook. He will not be on this team next year.

Apologies, Tomahawk.

kccrow 01-10-2015 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11254779)
Sorry, late to the thread, but I have to make this announcement -

Tyler Bray sucks. He can't pick up the playbook. He will not be on this team next year.

Apologies, Tomahawk.

Not too late, poll doesn't close until tomorrow afternoon. :D

kccrow 01-13-2015 08:10 PM

Results:

Donnie Avery, WR (3,550,000) 44
A.J. Jenkins, WR (1,337,390) 40
Tamba Hali, OLB (9,000,000) 38
Mike DeVito, DE (4,000,000) 35
Chase Daniel, QB (3,800,000) 31
Anthony Fasano, TE (1,975,000) 31
Dwayne Bowe, WR (5,000,000) 28
Eric Berry, FS (5,455,000) 22
Joe Mays, ILB (3,000,000) 22
Cyrus Gray, RB (668,500) 18
Sanders Commings, DB (464,622) 17
Vance Walker, DL (1,750,000) 17
Donald Stephenson, T (685,000) 16
Derrick Johnson, ILB (5,250,000) 8
Jeff Allen, G/T (1,023,249) 5
Sean Smith, CB (5,500,000) -

Thanks for the voting guys. I'll get to work with this. Probably will see Berry carried on the NFI list and Mays cut given the tie.

Halfcan 01-20-2015 11:03 AM

Parker needs to go.