ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Wars Episode VII SPOILERS thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288201)

Hammock Parties 11-08-2014 01:39 PM

Star Wars Episode VII SPOILERS thread

<iframe width="800" height="450" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sGbxmsDFVnE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No holds barred spoiler discussion in this thread.

DaneMcCloud 11-08-2014 01:40 PM

Thanks, Dude!

Hammock Parties 11-08-2014 01:42 PM

Here is the Episode VII villain leak. Holy shit if true. I love the "broadsaber" design.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...vufxxh3j4h.jpg

I think there's gonna be a scooby-doo moment in this film at the end, where the masked villain reveals himself at the end...could it be Luke? Could it be someone we previously thought was good?

I read too many spoilers.

keg in kc 11-08-2014 02:02 PM

Saber design looks goofy to me, but we'll see. Everything else leaked so far has been nails (in terms of coolness, not accuracy..).

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-08-2014 02:57 PM

"Revan-ish". Love it.

NewChief 11-08-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11093550)
Saber design looks goofy to me, but we'll see. Everything else leaked so far has been nails (in terms of coolness, not accuracy..).

Agreed on the goofy saber. Doesn't seem practical or realistic (and yes I know we're talking about ****ing lightsabers here).

Bowser 11-08-2014 06:09 PM

I really want to absorb everything in this thread, but I also really want to put it on ignore so the movie will be as close to a surprise as possible.

Hammock Parties 11-08-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11093959)
I really want to absorb everything in this thread, but I also really want to put it on ignore so the movie will be as close to a surprise as possible.

You have over a year until the movie comes out.

Resistance is futile.

DaneMcCloud 11-08-2014 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 11094003)

Resistance is futile.

Pretty much. I kind of wanted to go in unspoiled but then again, I read "The Empire Strikes Back" a full month ahead of its release date and had maybe the best movie experience ever.

Hammock Parties 11-08-2014 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11094019)
Pretty much. I kind of wanted to go in unspoiled but then again, I read "The Empire Strikes Back" a full month ahead of its release date and had maybe the best movie experience ever.

So did the script have the Vader reveal in it? Supposedly only Lucas, Kersh and Hamill knew about that before the release.

Bowser 11-08-2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 11094003)

Resistance is futile.

http://www.theworldofmeme.com/3227-a...meme-faces.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-08-2014 06:45 PM

I love the leaks and teasers leading up to the movie. Hell, I remember downloading a copy of ROTS that some dude from Barnes and Noble scanned and posted up a week before the book was released.

Good times.

Hammock Parties 11-08-2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11094073)

In the end it's just a movie. Reading spoilers and people talking about it online adds to the enjoyment 100 fold. It's almost like watching it every day before it comes out.

Real talk: I can spend two hours just reading theforce.net spoiler forums these days. I barely even post there. But I can read scads of that shit. ROFL

DaneMcCloud 11-08-2014 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 11094050)
So did the script have the Vader reveal in it? Supposedly only Lucas, Kersh and Hamill knew about that before the release.

Well, at that time, I was a teenager living in Kansas so I didn't read scripts in advance. But the book definitely had the reveal in it, so it wasn't really a shock to see it on screen.

I kinda felt bad about it, too, because I shared that passage with my English teacher at the time and I'm not sure she really wanted to be "spoiled" seven or eight weeks in advance.

But, she ended up taking me to see the opening of the film at the Midland, so I guess she didn't mind too much.

Hammock Parties 11-08-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11094179)
Well, at that time, I was a teenager living in Kansas so I didn't read scripts in advance. But the book definitely had the reveal in it, so it wasn't really a shock to see it on screen.

I kinda felt bad about it, too, because I shared that passage with my English teacher at the time and I'm not sure she really wanted to be "spoiled" seven or eight weeks in advance.

But, she ended up taking me to see the opening of the film at the Midland, so I guess she didn't mind too much.

Did the book really come out before the movie? ROFL

What a different time.

DaneMcCloud 11-08-2014 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 11094197)

What a different time.

Yes. It came out in April 1980 but the film didn't come out until the end of May.

Trying it imagine the AT-AT's was impossible based on the author's description.

BossChief 11-08-2014 10:18 PM

Empire strikes back is probably still my favorite film of all time.

DaneMcCloud 11-08-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 11094564)

Agreed. It's right there with The Godfather II in terms of best sequel ever.

For me, it's a toss up but both are amazing.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-08-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 11094197)

What a different time.

Novelizations came out before the prequels. :shrug:

keg in kc 11-08-2014 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11094525)
Yes. It came out in April 1980 but the film didn't come out until the end of May.

Trying it imagine the AT-AT's was impossible based on the author's description.

I was too young to remember, but I think it was one of the earlier spoiler controversies in history. More than a few people had that paternity ruined. That movie's so good I've never thought it really mattered, though. Just as entertaining the 20th time as the first.

DaneMcCloud 11-08-2014 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11094779)
I was too young to remember, but I think it was one of the earlier spoiler controversies in history. More than a few people had that paternity ruined. That movie's so good I've never thought it really mattered, though. Just as entertaining the 20th time as the first.

I was also too young or completely oblivious to any controversy.

okcchief 11-08-2014 11:40 PM

I remember one of my friends saw it the day before me and spoiled it right as we were leaving to the movie. I was 9 years old and it may have been my first murderous thought.

Anymore I think it's kind of fun to read the speculation.

keg in kc 11-08-2014 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11094783)
I was also too young or completely oblivious to any controversy.

I would imagine we were in much the same situation, Kansas and WV in a pre-internet world. Not exactly easy access to cutting edge movie news. I still remember reading PRINT star trek fanzines in the late 80s or early 90s.

Then during college the world changed...

Hammock Parties 11-08-2014 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 11094564)

Same here.

I wonder how many women have read that on my Match.com profile and thought "eeew."

Bunch of stupid, ignorant bitches who have shitty taste in movies.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-08-2014 11:50 PM

The real sets are going to make this movie breathe. I know actors are paid to act, but how inspiring can a bunch of green and blue be after 12 hours on-set?

Hammock Parties 11-08-2014 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 505 Chief (Post 11094817)
The real sets are going to make this movie breathe. I know actors are paid to act, but how inspiring can a bunch of green and blue be after 12 hours on-set?

Abrams also demanded that tons of real creature effects be used, just like the old films.

Tons and tons of location shooting.

Shit is gonna be so tight. I am gonna have to drive to ****ing Olathe just to see it on IMAX.

keg in kc 11-08-2014 11:52 PM

Casablanca will probably always be my favorite but tesb is def up there.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-08-2014 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 11094818)
Abrams also demanded that tons of real creature effects be used, just like the old films.

Shit is gonna be so tight. I am gonna have to drive to ****ing Olathe just to see it on IMAX.

I know you beg to differ, but I LOVED what he did with ST the first time out.

I mean, I actually WANTED to see a ST movie for the 1st time since 1980.

okcchief 11-08-2014 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 505 Chief (Post 11094817)

Excellent point. They had some good actors/actresses in the prequels who preformed horribly. Some of it was the shitty dialouge, but I think the green screen may have been a big part as well.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-08-2014 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 11094827)
Excellent point. They had some good actors/actresses in the prequels who preformed horribly. Some of it was the shitty dialouge, but I think the green screen may have been a big part as well.

I couldn't get in to it. I'd be like, "****, really"?

Ragged Robin 11-09-2014 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 11094827)

Ewan McGregor (the only actor in the prequels who actually gave a damn in his performance) was pretty vocal about his frustrations on the set filming green screen 24/7. The real failure of the prequels was Lucas being a jaded old ****er completely out of touch with storytelling and directing which was primarily the reason for the lazy sets and "walk slowly across the screen while talking // sit down and talk" reocurring format scene after scene

Hammock Parties 11-09-2014 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 505 Chief (Post 11094825)
I know you beg to differ, but I LOVED what he did with ST the first time out.

I mean, I actually WANTED to see a ST movie for the 1st time since 1980.

Star Trek was good.

ST: ID was shitty.

keg in kc 11-09-2014 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 11094818)

I'm catching up on the desolation of smaug right now, missed it in theaters, and aside from the way it's been bloated with bullshit to stretch 2 movies into a trilogy what really stands out to me is just how overdone and obvious the cgi is. It's like Peter Jackson is following in Lucas' prequel footsteps and making the movies too much about fluff and cool visuals instead of making something that, while still fantastical, looks and feels visceral and real and makes you feel like you're there and part of what's happening. The fellowship had that, but it seems like the more Jackson does, the further he gets from that initial magic, and each ensuing movie, in the hobbit trilogy at least, feels increasingly sterile and empty. It makes me sad.

Which is why I was and am so excited to hear about how practical ep 7 has been, from the start, as well as the focus on mcquarrie's designs. The world needs to be dirty and worn, lived-in. Of course that won't make everything work if the script blows, but it's the right start, and it gives me hope.

Bowser 11-09-2014 12:11 AM

Pretty sure it's been posted around here somewhere....there's an interview with Viggo Mortensen where he basically flames Jackson for his use of CGI in the last two LotR movies, and especially how he's gone so heavy with it in the Hobbit films. I think there's something to that, which is why I am curious/excited to see what Abrams does with Ep. VII and his "old school" approach with it.

keg in kc 11-09-2014 12:25 AM

Yeah, that's basically what I was trying to say, as well.

GordonGekko 11-09-2014 12:25 AM

I posted this in the Fail thread, but I think it has a place here as well.

13:38 mark in this video...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oAVCaUonrbE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 11-12-2014 10:25 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2Ll3KVIEAA9Sr5.png

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-12-2014 10:27 AM

Spooky.

Hammock Parties 11-12-2014 10:31 AM

http://s26.postimg.org/a0ol50gvd/Luke_1.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-12-2014 11:02 AM

Does he got the "yellow eye"?

Kiimo 11-13-2014 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 505 Chief (Post 11105683)
Does he got the "yellow eye"?

Everything I've read and all indications seem to suggest that Luke won't be dark side. Frankly I think that's too easy anyway. I think he's something else. Like a batshit hermit with way too much power that scared him so much he went into hiding.

It's like the best ****ing story idea ever. About a hundred times better than marrying Mara Jade or some shit. I love it and I think Mark Hamill is going to chew scenery like crazy.

Hammock Parties 11-13-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 11107961)
It's like the best ****ing story idea ever. About a hundred times better than marrying Mara Jade or some shit. I love it and I think Mark Hamill is going to chew scenery like crazy.

It's the perfect role for Mark in many ways.

He's not a leading man and it would have been a mistake to try and make him play a part like that in his old age.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2014 04:12 PM

Hamill's part in the new trilogy hasn't been fully revealed but too many sources are reporting that he's "Gone into hiding" due to his ever growing power of The Force.

I don't believe the reports that he's been in hiding for 30 years and think that 10 years appears more likely.

He's also supposedly "changed" by the end of the film but I don't think that has anything to do with crossing over to the Dark side of The Force.

Amnorix 11-13-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11093754)
Agreed on the goofy saber. Doesn't seem practical or realistic (and yes I know we're talking about ****ing lightsabers here).

A hilt that would kill or maim you? Why not?!?

Yeah, it's dumb.

Fire Me Boy! 11-13-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11108220)
Hamill's part in the new trilogy hasn't been fully revealed but too many sources are reporting that he's "Gone into hiding" due to his ever growing power of The Force.

I don't believe the reports that he's been in hiding for 30 years and think that 10 years appears more likely.

He's also supposedly "changed" by the end of the film but I don't think that has anything to do with crossing over to the Dark side of The Force.

I've heard he turns into the Joker by the end.

Kiimo 11-13-2014 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11108238)
I've heard he turns into the Joker by the end.

I heard he has an epic final battle.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/j3dT8oK7y80" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-13-2014 06:29 PM

Sounds to me like the force is concentrated in one individual( Hamill )since the death of Vader and Palpatine, and that Luke is that conduit.

I wonder if Leia has done any training since Jedi? Doesn't sound like it.

Garcia Bronco 11-13-2014 06:40 PM

Its no fun when you know all this stuff, but enjoy yourselves.

unlurking 11-13-2014 06:41 PM

Anakin refused to replace the Father. Does it fall on Luke to take up the role? Been so long since I watched the Mortis episodes. And is it just me, or does the Inquisitor look a like the Son?

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...heOnes-SWE.png

keg in kc 11-14-2014 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11108220)

Going dark side would be cliche at this point. My thought has been that it's the other way, that he starts in hiding as a crazed(-looking) bearded old freak, and ends the movie finding himself and being good ol' clean-shaven somewhat sane Luke.

But who knows.

(They could also go the clone route, even if that would be 'borrowing' from the Zahn trilogy - and crazed Luke isn't really Luke.)

Hammock Parties 11-14-2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11109551)
Going dark side would be cliche at this point. My thought has been that it's the other way, that he starts in hiding as a crazed(-looking) bearded old freak, and ends the movie finding himself and being good ol' clean-shaven somewhat sane Luke.

But who knows.

(They could also go the clone route, even if that would be 'borrowing' from the Zahn trilogy - and crazed Luke isn't really Luke.)

I bet he just trims the beard.

Hamill's jawline looks pretty bad these days, weight loss or not.

I'm all for the rehabilitation story though. It's a very nice plot to emotionally engage the audience.

Clones would be cool, but I'd like to see something like a younger clone of Obi-Wan or Luke.

Kiimo 11-14-2014 09:35 AM

That video of The Last Airbender I posted is running at 110% and the voice is therefore higher. I'm sure Mark Hamil will choose an appropriate voice to use from this collection...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7vYXMzAaYpc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2014 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 11109634)
Hamill's jawline looks pretty bad these days, weight loss or not.

I won't dispute this fact but camera angle, lighting and makeup can go a long, long way into making someone look infinitely different than just a shot on the street.

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2014 10:47 AM

http://media.salon.com/2013/02/shutt...84-652x960.jpg

keg in kc 11-14-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11109829)
I won't dispute this fact but camera angle, lighting and makeup can go a long, long way into making someone look infinitely different than just a shot on the street.

Which Clay no doubt knows from talking to girls on webcam.

Kiimo 11-14-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11109832)

Is this pic recent?

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 11110125)
Is this pic recent?

Yes.

It's pretty easy to see that with makeup and camera angles, he'll look appropriate for the film. And since he's slated to appear in Episode 8 & 9, I'm sure it's in his contract to maintain a certain weight or lose not only salary but income participation.

I can only speculate but I imagine that he'll be even more fit in the following movies.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-14-2014 07:20 PM

Mark looks fine.

Hammock Parties 11-14-2014 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11110303)
Yes.

That pic is like 15-20 years old dude.

Hammock Parties 11-14-2014 11:40 PM

He shaved the other day:

http://www.starwars7news.com/wp-cont.../10/Hamill.jpg

He looks "OK" but I wouldn't want to see him without a beard for the whole movie.

DaneMcCloud 11-15-2014 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 11111455)

It's from April 14, 2014.

RobBlake 11-15-2014 12:07 AM

Anyone think this movie could break all time sales? ESP if its golden?

DaneMcCloud 11-15-2014 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 11111455)

This is from the Guardians of the Galaxy premiere

https://31.media.tumblr.com/76642c90...1Di1qjhons.jpg

DaneMcCloud 11-15-2014 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 11111519)
Anyone think this movie could break all time sales? ESP if its golden?

The Phantom Menace did, so I'd expect this to be close.

If word gets out that it harkens back to the OT, I think it'll be the biggest movie until Episode VIII or the next Avatar film, which ever comes first.

I'm sure that Avengers 2 will flirt with the all-time record as well.

Hammock Parties 11-15-2014 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11111517)
It's from April 14, 2014.

It's an older stock photo man. They just used it in an article.

This is from Nov. 1. You can tell that photo is older just by the color of his hair.

http://i.imgur.com/JCUvkhq.jpg

Hammock Parties 11-15-2014 01:19 AM

That picture is from 2003.

http://i.imgur.com/IHHAR06.jpg

Hammock Parties 11-15-2014 02:12 AM

i came

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...as-d867fsv.png

unlurking 11-15-2014 09:40 AM

Gotta love tineye...

http://featureflash.photoshelter.com...000X6WmqvrmgRY

© © 2003 Paul Smith / Featureflash
Date: 17 Jun 2003

DaneMcCloud 11-15-2014 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 11111590)
That picture is from 2003

Wow, that's lame. The site said 2014. But the other pic is definitely from the Guardians premiere.

Anyway, with makeup, camera angles and Post Production, I'm sure he'll look fine.

Hammock Parties 11-16-2014 10:50 PM

This is fun. Fake, but fun.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Z8MYUyYUJ78" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 11-16-2014 10:57 PM

leaked GIF: ghost of darth maul?

http://i.imgur.com/hYP38G3.gif

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-17-2014 08:11 AM

Looks like fan work to me.

Hammock Parties 11-17-2014 05:18 PM

"..it'll be short. And when I say short, I mean one minute long. It's going to have The Force Theme played on woodwinds, softly, over flashing images of the main leads, each fading to black. There's no dialogue, just reveals of the characters. And then the music swells up into a full orchestral piece - perhaps what John Williams recorded this weekend? - and we hear a female voice, likely Daisy Ridley's, saying "Wake up."And then the title card appears - Star Wars: The Force Awakens - and we see the Millennium Falcon, firing blasters, coming right at the camera. "

Fade in from black, shots of the dunes, Boyega pops in to the shot from below. He’s wearing white Stormtrooper armor but he doesn’t have a helmet on.
In the teaser we only see Boyega and Ridley really.
Ridley boards a speeder.
She has a helmet on like Endor Leia, a design with pop-down goggles.
A shot of Ridley’s speeder approaching the station (the TMZ set we saw).
We see the new Stormtroopers on a transport. The flight is turbulent.
New X-wings.
TIE Fighters.
The new ball droid that’s a gyroscope and belongs to “Kira.”
The new “Sith” is also revealed. He has a cross-beam lightsaber and the beam is a bit wilder and more super-charged than your normal lightsaber.
The Falcon.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-17-2014 07:25 PM

jizzjizzjizzjizzjizzjizz

007 11-18-2014 02:52 AM

Bastards.... I couldn't stay out with the non spoiler thread dying. LMAO

It’s going to have The Force Theme played on woodwinds, softly, over flashing images of the main leads, each fading to black. There’s no dialogue, just reveals of the characters. And then the music swells up into a full orchestral piece – perhaps what John Williams recorded this weekend? – and we hear a female voice, likely Daisy Ridley’s, saying ‘Wake up.’

And then the title card appears – Star Wars: The Force Awakens – and we see the Millennium Falcon, firing blasters, coming right at the camera.

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-7-fo...premiere-date/

Hammock Parties 11-18-2014 03:51 AM

I want that trailer so very ****ing bad. I want to make love to it, hold it, and caress it all night while it coos to me.

Fish 11-20-2014 10:47 PM

If I could turn back tiiiiiiime....

http://i62.tinypic.com/50038p.png

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/11/...xternal,manual

DaneMcCloud 11-20-2014 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11133129)
If I could turn back tiiiiiiime....

With a kilo of coke in hand...

:D

Hammock Parties 11-21-2014 01:49 AM

This is a line from the movie:

Quote:

The following is a line Han Solo says to Chewbacca upon entering the Millennium Falcon:

"Chewie, we're back home!"
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BdNsorntiH...00/Old-Han.png

Hammock Parties 11-21-2014 02:47 AM

http://www.flicksandbits.com/wp-cont...pisode-vii.jpg