ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Proposed trades at the deadline (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287717)

O.city 10-22-2014 11:15 AM

Proposed trades at the deadline

On my phone so can't post the article, here's the link.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atl

Proposed chiefs trading picks to Bucs for Vincent Jackson.

I'm in

Three7s 10-22-2014 11:18 AM

I'd love to have him, but I can't see this team making a trade like that.

Reerun_KC 10-22-2014 11:20 AM

We need WR help and desperately...

Hootie 10-22-2014 11:20 AM

Don't need him, no thanks

Discuss Thrower 10-22-2014 11:21 AM

Nope. Doesn't help this season and he'd be too expensive to re-sign in the long term.

Trading for VJax would be the move Denver would make if they didn't sign Sanders.

SAUTO 10-22-2014 11:23 AM

extorter says berry could very well be traded, while injured

O.city 10-22-2014 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11040049)
Nope. Doesn't help this season and he'd be too expensive to re-sign in the long term.

Trading for VJax would be the move Denver would make if they didn't sign Sanders.

Doesn't help this season?

SAUTO 10-22-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11040061)

i think hes of the opinion this season is over...

Dayze 10-22-2014 11:28 AM

Isn't he likes 54 yrs old

BigMeatballDave 10-22-2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 11040067)
Isn't he likes 54 yrs old

LOL 31

BigMeatballDave 10-22-2014 11:34 AM

Do it and cut Hemingway.

jonzie04 10-22-2014 11:35 AM

bad idea imo, the guys in his 30s and we could only keep him for a year, unless we cut bowe. i do think hes a little better than bowe, but in a fairly deep draft he isnt enough of an upgrade over bowe to lose multiple picks. i do wonder what his value is. if its only a 5th like harvin, id probably do it. but something tells me its higher than that.

we just need a few decent wr who catch the ball, and can make plays from time to time. no superstar number ones for right now.

In58men 10-22-2014 11:36 AM

I'd take Jackson in heartbeat. We need all the help we can get.

ThaVirus 10-22-2014 11:40 AM

That would be a win-now move in a sea of building-for-the-future moves.

Actually, I wouldn't be the least bit shocked to see this happen.

I think it'd be a horrible business decision though.

ThaVirus 10-22-2014 11:41 AM

If we're reading for anyone it needs to be an LG, RG, CB, or ILB in that order.

Hydrae 10-22-2014 11:41 AM

There is some stupid shit in that article (Ingram to the Cowboys? The rest of NO's Rbs are hurt right now) but I would be all over bringing VJax here.

Discuss Thrower 10-22-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11040061)

The Chiefs aren't good enough to win the SB this year or the next, so this and any other veteran trade proposal makes no sense.

They need to make the moves to be ready for 2017 at the earliest.. trading draft picks for vets prohibits them from making the right moves.

jonzie04 10-22-2014 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11040100)
That would be a win-now move in a sea of building-for-the-future moves.

Actually, I wouldn't be the least bit shocked to see this happen.

I think it'd be a horrible business decision though.

quoted for truth.

ThaVirus 10-22-2014 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11040108)
The Chiefs aren't good enough to win the SB this year or the next, so this and any other veteran trade proposal makes no sense.

They need to make the moves to be ready for 2017 at the earliest.. trading draft picks for vets prohibits them from making the right moves.

You've gone on record numerous times claiming we should trade Houston and Poe.

Your opinion on the subject means diddly.

mcaj22 10-22-2014 11:49 AM

vjax only has 1 year left on his contract?

id be all for this if it means we cut bowe at the end of the season. you have the rest of this season with bowe/vjax and then replace bowe with the better player into the offseason

Discuss Thrower 10-22-2014 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11040115)
You've gone on record numerous times claiming we should trade Houston and Poe.

Your opinion on the subject means diddly.

Should have traded Houston, Poe you have to keep if you're insistent on the 3-4.

But if you want to be real here, they never should have traded for Smith, should have let Bowe walk after 2013 and should have traded JC. They would have sucked in '13 but the team would be in a much better position to move forward than they are in now with an aging, game manager QB, with past-prime starters like DJ and Tamba and young guys who are going to demand a ton in FA like Berry and Houston.

O.city 10-22-2014 11:59 AM

If the Chiefs aren't good enough to win the super bowl this year, then there isn't a team in the league up to this point that is.

Every team that's touted as a contender, save for maybe Denver, isn't that much better than the mid tier teams.

The Chiefs have played, iirc, the toughest strength of schedule in the afc up to this pijnt, and other than the titans game which you hope is an outlier, have been right there and have beaten other "contenders".

Getting into the playoffs is the goal, then get hot and see what happens.

Perineum Ripper 10-22-2014 12:01 PM

Wouldn't it make more sense to try and pick up a good slot receiver since the team likes the short passing game

Discuss Thrower 10-22-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11040129)

Getting into the playoffs is the goal, then get hot and see what happens.

This isn't baseball.

O.city 10-22-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11040136)
This isn't baseball.

No, it's actually easier. You don't have to win series.

Mr. Laz 10-22-2014 12:03 PM

I doubt it.

If we were in 'win now' mode we would have been more active this last offseason.

Nightfyre 10-22-2014 12:07 PM

It makes no sense. It's not like Vincent Jackson is the kind of player that puts us over the top or anything like that.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-22-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11040128)
Should have traded Houston, Poe you have to keep if you're insistent on the 3-4.

But if you want to be real here, they never should have traded for Smith, should have let Bowe walk after 2013 and should have traded JC. They would have sucked in '13 but the team would be in a much better position to move forward than they are in now with an aging, game manager QB, with past-prime starters like DJ and Tamba and young guys who are going to demand a ton in FA like Berry and Houston.

Jfc that is the dumbest shit I have ever read

Titty Meat 10-22-2014 12:35 PM

Can they afford him? There cap is what? 6mil? I remember he signed a big contract a few years ago. I'd rather they trade for Andre Johnson.

RealSNR 10-22-2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11040136)
This isn't baseball.

Tell that to the Giants the last two times they won the Super Bowl

Grim 10-22-2014 01:53 PM

How much is his contract?
Could we even afford him?

Kiimo 10-22-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Holy shit you're a gigantic dumbass.

RealSNR 10-22-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

That's a dumb idea. I wasn't in favor of the free agent spending spree we went on in 2013, but there is no team that would have given us the appropriate value we would have needed for Houston. Or Jamaal Charles for that matter. I can get behind letting Bowe walk, since it's a part of the taking the free agency lumps now plan.

You have to win with stars in this league. It makes no sense to trade away our best stars when they're this young so we can acquire some more players that we won't pay in 2 years.

Houston needs a new contract, and it needs to come from Dorsey's Chiefs checks. End of discussion.

BossChief 10-22-2014 03:06 PM

He isn't a WCO receiver.

Dude runs go routes and fights for the ball well, but he isn't really the type of receiver this system requires.

Halfcan 10-22-2014 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11040270)
That's a dumb idea. I wasn't in favor of the free agent spending spree we went on in 2013, but there is no team that would have given us the appropriate value we would have needed for Houston. Or Jamaal Charles for that matter. I can get behind letting Bowe walk, since it's a part of the taking the free agency lumps now plan.

You have to win with stars in this league. It makes no sense to trade away our best stars when they're this young so we can acquire some more players that we won't pay in 2 years.

Houston needs a new contract, and it needs to come from Dorsey's Chiefs checks. End of discussion.

:thumb: Exactly! Trade Houston and JC? :doh!: Never will happen. Congrats JC on breaking the Chief's all time rushing record-welcome to Tampa Bay. LMAO

-King- 10-22-2014 03:09 PM

Quote:

Holy ****. Your game management idea in the game chats are horrific and somehow your personnel management ideas are even worse. Wow.

Coochie liquor 10-22-2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Wtf?? I think the Raiders need you as a GM... Dumb!!

Hammock Parties 10-22-2014 03:20 PM

We need someone like Harvin.

VJ is just a taller Bowe.

Ming the Merciless 10-22-2014 03:30 PM

depends on the pick , this is like VJ's 10th season...

too old to be guaranteed help in any other season but right now.

However

I would say yes, pull the trigger on the deal, if we can not give away too much (a 3rd round pick? a second?) because:

1) we do have a legit chance to be 10-6 or 9-7 and get into the playoffs...for that reason alone ..and the experience it would bring...I would do it.

2) to help with getting some deeper pass routes in the playbook, so the OL & smith can work on pass protecting

3) the rest of our schedule is softer than the 1st part, by FAR.......

4) maybe we can use him for a couple years till be draft megatron lite

I dunno...**** it

Sandy Vagina 10-22-2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 11040424)
depends on the pick , this is like VJ's 10th season...

too old to be guaranteed help in any other season but right now.

However

I would say yes, pull the trigger on the deal, if we can not give away too much (a 3rd round pick? a second?) because:

1) we do have a legit chance to be 10-6 or 9-7 and get into the playoffs...for that reason alone ..and the experience it would bring...I would do it.

2) to help with getting some deeper pass routes in the playbook, so the OL & smith can work on pass protecting

3) the rest of our schedule is softer than the 1st part, by FAR.......

4) maybe we can use him for a couple years till be draft megatron lite

I dunno...**** it

Wow... agree with all of this.

Looking at VJ's contract, we would get him at about 10 mil for 2.5 more years.. and there would be no money guaranteed, other than his base pay.

He is similar to Bowe, but taller, and a much better attacker of the ball. Much depends on his attitude.

Would also pretty much require us to cut Bowe loose after the year... can't see paying both that kind of money.

So in 2015, having VJ already on the roster.. cut Bowe.. save that 5 million.. cut Avery... save another 4 million. Draft an early rd WR... or two. :)

O.city 10-22-2014 03:56 PM

What's this us you speak of

Sandy Vagina 10-22-2014 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11040453)
What's this us you speak of

:doh!: ... not this again. For whatever reason.. and for however long, I am a Chiefs fan. Deal with it, or keep futilely struggling with that. Asshole.

Mav 10-22-2014 04:05 PM

This would be an amazing get for the Chiefs. It shouldn't take more than a 4th to get him. Everyone would be well aware that this is a straight salary dumb for a team that has no aspirations of winning. They already have his replacement in Mike Evans.

I don't know if they can fit his salary, but if something like this could be done, he is a great route runner, and when motivated is a top 15 receiver in the league.

mcaj22 10-22-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 11040392)
He isn't a WCO receiver.

Dude runs go routes and fights for the ball well, but he isn't really the type of receiver this system requires.

all feddie mitchell, terrell owens and desean jackson did was run go routes in Andys WCO

hes always had that WR who just runs a straight route

Ming the Merciless 10-22-2014 04:11 PM

Also...

One additional reason to add to my list:

5) because we will probably end up with a better record than many of us (me for sure) thought...even say if we 'only' end up 8-8 or 7-9.......its still kind of a middling draft pick so giving up a 3rd rounder somewhere around 15 or 17th pick in the 3rd round would be worth it...IMO...just for the possibility to play a playoff game

Sorter 10-22-2014 04:12 PM

Step 1: Take Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis to a strip club.
Step 2: Call Hootie
Step 3: Roofie them; snag Brandin Cooks.
Step 4: Tell Brandin everything will be alright (in a reassuring manner)
Step 5:???
Step 6: Profit

jonzie04 10-22-2014 04:13 PM

i think hed be killer in our o hed be the number 1 and he is much more of a deep threat than bowe. he and bowe together would be a huge problem. i dont think hes that much better than bowe overall though. but theres no way we can keep him for longer than a season we barely have enough money to resign houston, cutting hali. i guess we could cut bowe and keep vjax next year but im not 100 percent sure how cutting bowe will work. wed prolly owe him a shit ton of money.

i would consider it if it was a 5th round pick. MAYBE a 4th. a 3 or 2 is way too steep for a player youll likely only have for 1 season. is vjax for 1 year worth a potential kelce to you? charles, houston, jared allen, dante hall? those are all players weve gotten beyond the 3rd round.

this teams young, and has a very nice amount of young talent, it might be best, we keep building through the draft, and try to find our number 1 wr that way. itd be much better for us to sign a few more solid wr like eddy royal, emmanual sanders level in the offseason, than to risk our future on vjax now.

Ming the Merciless 10-22-2014 04:34 PM

Were not gonna have a top-of-the round pick....like Kelce, Charles, or Houston.

I dont think you evaluate trades based on Jared Aleen, that guy was one-in-a-million ...

I think bottom end 3rd round would be fine....(80+)

And I would consider a bottom end second as well......depending on the details.

I doubt they would trade for much less than a bottom end third....I mean they are also right in the thick of a hunt

58-4ever 10-22-2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 11040086)
no superstar number ones for right now.

Agree. We definitely don't need any superstar ones. hahahahaha!! :doh!::doh!::doh!::doh!::doh!::doh!:

Exoter175 10-22-2014 05:20 PM

With a fairly talented WR group coming up in Free Agency, I doubt we trade for a heavy contract Receiver.

Wallcrawler 10-22-2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 11040484)
this teams young, and has a very nice amount of young talent, it might be best, we keep building through the draft, and try to find our number 1 wr that way.

Not sure if serious.

Was Kelvin Benjamin not on the board when we took that assclown Dee Ford? I find it hard to believe that you would put faith in a front office to build our team through the draft at WR, when the deepest draft for WRs in recent history just happened, and we elected to draft a linebacker who cant even handle the complexities of running AT the ball carrier instead of away from him over a WR that could have instantly improved our offense.

Id be all over bringing Jackson in. He's straight salary, so no loss if we have to go a different direction down the road, and Bowe's ass needs to be gone next season anyway. His drug-related suspension lets us off the hook for some of the guaranteed money in his contract. The guy is definitely not producing at the level he should be for the contract that he signed.

You also have to look at the possibility that DJ may not be coming back either. We've missed his presence in the middle, but we've been serviceable with JMJ and Mauga in the middle, and once Mays is in there, I think we can get by without having to drop the bigtime money that Johnson is going to command, after age 30 and coming off of a devastating Achilles injury.

Also need to see how it goes in terms of getting by without Eric Berry. Guy has barely played this season on our tough schedule, and we're 3-3. If Reid doesn't give a couple games away through shit playcalling, were 4-2 or 5-1 without him. Sinking huge money into so many players hurts the team badly when they aren't available to be on the field.

Our offense is terrible at the WR position. Jackson is a stud WR that can help us win now. Hell, he would probably even boost Bowe's production by his presence on the field alone. If the price is right, Id be all over going for Vincent Jackson.

Easy 6 10-22-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 11040483)

This.

I want greasy fast speed, not another jump ball ace.

jonzie04 10-22-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 11040527)
Agree. We definitely don't need any superstar ones. hahahahaha!! :doh!::doh!::doh!::doh!::doh!::doh!:

why would we need a superstar number 1? this offense can clearly operate without one... youd rather spend 12 million a year, AND lose draft picks to have vjax for likely 1 season? vs pick up 2-3 solid guys like hakieem nicks, emmanual sanders, etc? and have them for several years without losing draft picks?n

jonzie04 10-22-2014 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 11040517)
Were not gonna have a top-of-the round pick....like Kelce, Charles, or Houston.

I dont think you evaluate trades based on Jared Aleen, that guy was one-in-a-million ...

I think bottom end 3rd round would be fine....(80+)

And I would consider a bottom end second as well......depending on the details.

I doubt they would trade for much less than a bottom end third....I mean they are also right in the thick of a hunt

if we werent already committed to bowe long term, and we were legit contenders i think a 2nd or 3rd would be just fine... the problem is, we dont have the money to keep vjax beyond this year, and that is wayy to much to throw away, when you combine that with vjax not being enough to make this team a legit contender it doesnt make sense... it would make sense for a team like seattle... but not for us.

Al Bundy 10-22-2014 06:04 PM

Jackson will be traded, but not to the Chiefs.

Mother****erJones 10-22-2014 06:06 PM

Quote:

*Bows*

jonzie04 10-22-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 11040593)
Not sure if serious.

Was Kelvin Benjamin not on the board when we took that assclown Dee Ford? I find it hard to believe that you would put faith in a front office to build our team through the draft at WR, when the deepest draft for WRs in recent history just happened, and we elected to draft a linebacker who cant even handle the complexities of running AT the ball carrier instead of away from him over a WR that could have instantly improved our offense.

Id be all over bringing Jackson in. He's straight salary, so no loss if we have to go a different direction down the road, and Bowe's ass needs to be gone next season anyway. His drug-related suspension lets us off the hook for some of the guaranteed money in his contract. The guy is definitely not producing at the level he should be for the contract that he signed.

You also have to look at the possibility that DJ may not be coming back either. We've missed his presence in the middle, but we've been serviceable with JMJ and Mauga in the middle, and once Mays is in there, I think we can get by without having to drop the bigtime money that Johnson is going to command, after age 30 and coming off of a devastating Achilles injury.

Also need to see how it goes in terms of getting by without Eric Berry. Guy has barely played this season on our tough schedule, and we're 3-3. If Reid doesn't give a couple games away through shit playcalling, were 4-2 or 5-1 without him. Sinking huge money into so many players hurts the team badly when they aren't available to be on the field.

Our offense is terrible at the WR position. Jackson is a stud WR that can help us win now. Hell, he would probably even boost Bowe's production by his presence on the field alone. If the price is right, Id be all over going for Vincent Jackson.

as far as kelvin benjamin goes hindsite is 20/20, hopefully it is for dorsey as well. im hoping he has finally realized how badly this team needs to draft some wrs, or at least bring some in. however, even though he did fail last offseason to bring in a wr, he has made our roster stronger, and a lot of guys hes drafted look promising.

i didnt know vjaxs contract made him easy to cut, but what does that matter. it is an awful idea to piss away a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a guy when you cant win a super bowl with because you have too many holes elsewhere, only to cut him the next year. but im pretty sure bowes suspension only affected his cap number for a few weeks this season. as far as i know, we would owe him a massive amount of money next year if we cut him. if not for that id be a little more open minded to the trade.

jkw87 10-22-2014 06:31 PM

Or come to terms with the fact that we aren't winning it all this year. Instead of dropping a pick (any amount/pick) on a wide out that's over thirty, save them and draft somebody else. Use those picks to make trades to move up if need be...

keg in kc 10-22-2014 06:34 PM

This is a move that a team desperate to win with their playoff window closing would make. I don't think that's the Chiefs.

Discuss Thrower 10-22-2014 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkw87 (Post 11040892)
Or come to terms with the fact that we aren't winning it all this year. Instead of dropping a pick (any amount/pick) on a wide out that's over thirty, save them and draft somebody else. Use those picks to make trades to move up if need be...

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11040953)
This is a move that a team desperate to win with their playoff window closing would make. I don't think that's the Chiefs.

These.

chiefs1111 10-22-2014 07:04 PM

What about offering Buffalo a 6th for Mike Williams??

-King- 10-22-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs1111 (Post 11041276)
What about offering Buffalo a 6th for Mike Williams??

No.

Direckshun 10-22-2014 07:43 PM

Yeah... I agree with Clay.

Our entire passing game churns on receiver YACs Percy Harvin would have actually been a good fit ON the field.

Off the field... who knows.

Direckshun 10-22-2014 07:44 PM

Quote:

I bet we could get to the WC game before charges are brought.

I'm in.

TimeForWasp 10-22-2014 08:48 PM

Bowe for Johnny football..

Easy 6 10-22-2014 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsNow (Post 11042276)

DieNow

BigCatDaddy 10-22-2014 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsNow (Post 11042276)

I'd trade Bowe for Hoyer.

O.city 10-22-2014 09:04 PM

I know the whole smith doesn't throw to WR's jazz and all, and maybe it's just the Woodford Reserve talking, but I think this team is Eric Berry coming back and playing at a pro bowl level and a potential top 10 is wr like Vincent away from being able to compete in the AFC.

I'd sling a 5 or 6 rounder

The Bad Guy 10-22-2014 10:02 PM

Quote:

For the love of jesus.

They are in fine position to move forward. The cap is going up, they have 10 million to roll over to next year, they have players with contracts they can get out from under with cap savings (Devito, Daniels, Fasano). There's probably more and I would hope they'd try to re-work Tamba's deal

The Bad Guy 10-22-2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11042394)
I know the whole smith doesn't throw to WR's jazz and all, and maybe it's just the Woodford Reserve talking, but I think this team is Eric Berry coming back and playing at a pro bowl level and a potential top 10 is wr like Vincent away from being able to compete in the AFC.

I'd sling a 5 or 6 rounder

You're basically absorbing almost 10 million in base salaries over the 15 and 16 seasons.

I highly doubt any team is willing.

Sorter 10-22-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11041623)
I bet we could get to the WC game before charges are brought.

I'm in.

We can bring Frosty as our reassuring Beaver voice to settle Cooks down.

Wallcrawler 10-22-2014 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 11042703)
For the love of jesus.

They are in fine position to move forward. The cap is going up, they have 10 million to roll over to next year, they have players with contracts they can get out from under with cap savings (Devito, Daniels, Fasano). There's probably more and I would hope they'd try to re-work Tamba's deal

X1000

Tamba Hali is huge. If we could somehow retain him without screwing our ability to improve the team, every avenue needs to be taken to get that done.

There's no possible way they can be serious about Dee Ford assuming Hali's role next season.

Direckshun 10-22-2014 10:39 PM

I think Ford works best in the role he's occupied this season.

As a specialty rusher on 3rd and longs, and as a spot starter with great upside if Houston/Hali go down. He seems a long ways off from being the every-down terror off the edge that Hali clearly still is.

This team needs to keep Hali.

thabear04 10-23-2014 12:57 AM

Nate Washington could be on trade block for Titans

The Tennessee Titans parted ways with one veteran on Tuesday in Akeem Ayers. Could Nate Washington be the next known commodity to be sent on his way?

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday on NFL Total Access that teams have been calling the Titans about Washington, who recently lost his starting job in Tennessee to Justin Hunter.

Rapoport has heard the Titans could be looking to part ways with some of their high-paid veterans. Washington, 31, is in the final year of a six-year, $26.8 million contract signed in March 2009. He's making $4.8 million this season.

Washington has 13 receptions for 169 yards in seven games. His best season came in 2011, when he had 74 catches for 1,023 yards and seven touchdowns. He's become a complementary player in Ken Whisenhunt's offense this season, playing behind Hunter and Kendall Wright.

Washington is who he is at this point, a serviceable No. 3-type receiver who can make an impact in the right situation. We imagine he can be had for a late-round pick.

I would pass with that 4.8 mill on him.

Direckshun 10-23-2014 01:05 AM

With only this year, $4.8 million? He comes clean off the cap in 2015. I bet you can have him for dirt cheap.

I would TOTALLY put the trigger for a late-rounder on Washington. That's the consistent route-runner this team desperately needs.

smith11 10-23-2014 01:08 AM

Alex Smith has had an underrated season thus far, and he's pretty much doing it with zero help at the receiver spot. Dwayne Bowe isn't getting it done as a No. 1, and the rest of the unit is mostly spare parts.

yet some here just cant see it

Direckshun 10-23-2014 01:17 AM

Avery comes back from injury, that gives us a suddenly-serviceable WR trio of Bowe, Avery, and Washington with Fasano and Kelce at TE. All of a sudden, Andy Reid can PICK the scrap heap WR who plays, from Jenkins to Hemingway to Wilson to Hammond, rather than have to RELY on him.

Rausch 10-23-2014 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11042949)
With only this year, $4.8 million? He comes clean off the cap in 2015. I bet you can have him for dirt cheap.

I would TOTALLY put the trigger for a late-rounder on Washington. That's the consistent route-runner this team desperately needs.

We need a 3rd down WR that you can depend on. A hands guy...

O.city 10-23-2014 09:40 AM

Teams are examining the #Titans roster now after Akeem Ayers was dealt: Watch WR Nate Washington, LB Wesley Woodyard, S Michael Griffin.

I'd take all three, but preferably woodyard and washington

Mother****erJones 10-23-2014 12:15 PM

I wouldn't mind woodyard. I like Jackson from TB. If his contract is up after this year, I'd be down for trading a fourth.