ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2014-2015 NBA Regular Season Thread Part II (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285383)

Pitt Gorilla 07-31-2014 01:21 PM

2014-2015 NBA Regular Season Thread Part II

Now with more Rustshack!

TLO 07-31-2014 01:21 PM

First

dj56dt58 07-31-2014 02:41 PM

sloppy second

RustShack 07-31-2014 03:54 PM

I like how it's called "regular season". Already to the second one and it's still the offseason!

BigCatDaddy 07-31-2014 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10779927)
Now with more Rustshack!

Insert Gran Torino GIF

KevB 08-01-2014 07:09 PM

Yeah DRose!

BWillie 08-01-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10789035)
Yeah DRose!

In before bone bruise and out for the year

dirk digler 08-01-2014 07:11 PM

If you need your NBA fix the USA Basketball showcase is on ESPN.

White:
Durant
Harden
Cousins
Irving
Klay Thompson

vs

Blue:
Rose
Curry
Davis
George
Fareed

And Rose looks back, actually he looks better than before IMO. Wow..

Direckshun 08-01-2014 08:03 PM

Where the hell's LeBron.

KevB 08-01-2014 08:34 PM

Oh no, Paul George just messed up his leg. When they showed the replay, I didn't watch because I hate seeing injuries at this point in my life. But announcers said it appeared to be serious. They're not even going to show it again, saying it was gruesome.

-King- 08-01-2014 08:35 PM

Holy shit! Paul George just had a Kevin Ware type leg break. Wow.

Sassy Squatch 08-01-2014 08:35 PM

NBA store discontinued sales of Wiggins Cavalier jerseys.

Buck 08-01-2014 08:39 PM

NSFW

tk13 08-01-2014 08:40 PM

Holy crap. I just saw the photo on Twitter. That was Joe Theismann gruesome. Terrible.

-King- 08-01-2014 08:41 PM

Here's the injury if you want to watch it http://giant.gfycat.com/ObviousInnocentAurochs.gif

-King- 08-01-2014 08:46 PM

I think the discussion about moving back the goal posts and baseline reporters/photographers has just ended. They have no choice after this now.

ShowtimeSBMVP 08-01-2014 08:54 PM

That was nasty.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 08-01-2014 08:58 PM

They stopped the scrimmage? Hahahaha there will never be another one. The East is down to two teams again.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-01-2014 09:00 PM

Jesus Christ. That is ****ing horrible.

He's obviously going to be out all of next year. I just hope that it doesn't jeopardize his career.

Such a talent.

dirk digler 08-01-2014 09:02 PM

Ugh that is just horrible. damn... I hope he is able to recover and this doesn't end his career.

mcaj22 08-01-2014 09:05 PM

welp Wizards just climbed a notch on the East ladder. Pacers are done

dirk digler 08-01-2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10789250)
Here's the injury if you want to watch it http://giant.gfycat.com/ObviousInnocentAurochs.gif

my god that is even worse than I thought. He is looking back at his leg like it is missing

-King- 08-01-2014 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10789358)
my god that is even worse than I thought. He is looking back at his leg like it is missing

He's wondering wtf happened. He probably can't feel the pain due to shock.

dirk digler 08-01-2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10789365)
He's wondering wtf happened. He probably can't feel the pain due to shock.

I would be too. Brian Windhorst said that stand was 2 feet closer than it is in the NBA.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-01-2014 09:24 PM

I just hope that there isn't much involvement with the vasculature of the lower leg or the ligaments connecting his tib-fib to his foot.

-King- 08-01-2014 09:31 PM

I didn't even notice at first that a small part of his bone popped out.

okcchief 08-01-2014 09:36 PM

God damn that shit just makes me cringe. I hate when stuff like that happens. Great player and he may never be the same again.

Pitt Gorilla 08-01-2014 10:11 PM

That is truly sad. Incredible player that I hope can come back. Ugh, makes me sick with sadness.

tk13 08-01-2014 11:14 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Owners and GMs united tonight: Paul George injury could be tipping point for use of stars in international play. &quot;Game-changer,&quot; GM told me.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/495436105752526849">August 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

CoMoChief 08-01-2014 11:42 PM

holy ****

Schnitzel 08-01-2014 11:45 PM

That's as horrible to watch as the injury of the Louisville guy two years ago. Hope he recovers from that.

SeeingRed 08-02-2014 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10789250)

Wow that's ****ing horrible!!

Why Not? 08-02-2014 12:51 AM

Terrible. Feel horrible for him. Not that it matters right now, but one has to wonder how this affects NBA stars playing for team USA moving forward.

chiefzilla1501 08-02-2014 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 10789775)
Terrible. Feel horrible for him. Not that it matters right now, but one has to wonder how this affects NBA stars playing for team USA moving forward.

It's stupid. Beyond ****ing stupid.

NBA players have to extend their season and risk their bodies for some stupid international exhibition. It's not like it's the Olympics. And if they don't play, their patriotism gets questioned.

Stop sending the game's best to these games. I could care less if the USA doesn't rank among the best in some worthless exhibition. And why does this thing exist? Money. I am just sorry that George had to be the scapegoat.

KevB 08-02-2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10789813)

NBA players have to extend their season and risk their bodies for some stupid international exhibition. It's not like it's the Olympics. And if they don't play, their patriotism gets questioned.

Stop sending the game's best to these games. I could care less if the USA doesn't rank among the best in some worthless exhibition. And why does this thing exist? Money. I am just sorry that George had to be the scapegoat.

These guys are going to play during the summer regardless. It is how they get better. He could have gotten hurt any number of ways.

CoMoChief 08-02-2014 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10789813)

ROFL no it doesnt man

RustShack 08-02-2014 08:12 AM

Lol wut

dirk digler 08-02-2014 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10789864)
These guys are going to play during the summer regardless. It is how they get better. He could have gotten hurt any number of ways.

Yep. Alot of NBA players travel around the world and do exhibitions etc..

Jamie 08-02-2014 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10789866)
ROFL no it doesnt man

I would say it does, but with the caveats that it's 1) only if we lose, and 2) only as false media-created controversy.

chiefzilla1501 08-02-2014 09:46 AM

Quote:

There is a difference between friendlies and optional exhibitions, and highly competitive exhibitions where players are expected to play their ass off. I think they're completely stupid. These players have dead legs at the end of the season as is. And yet, when players drop out, they have to give some long explanation for why they're not playing. As if they should feel bad for not representing their country.

The guys who really need to play these games are young guys. Not superstars like George. Completely stupid, meaningless tournament and I hope more superstars start backing out.

Pitt Gorilla 08-02-2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10789946)
There is a difference between friendlies and optional exhibitions, and highly competitive exhibitions where players are expected to play their ass off. I think they're completely stupid. These players have dead legs at the end of the season as is. And yet, when players drop out, they have to give some long explanation for why they're not playing. As if they should feel bad for not representing their country.

The guys who really need to play these games are young guys. Not superstars like George. Completely stupid, meaningless tournament and I hope more superstars start backing out.

I agree. I like the Pacers, but I'm not Pacer Fan. If I was, I'd be going ballistic. As it is, I'm just really, really sad for Paul and the game. He was outstanding to watch on both ends of the floor.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-02-2014 11:41 AM

The guys are playing pickup constantly in the offseason. Even if you eliminate these kinds of tournaments, the injuries aren't going to go down. It just happened to occur in a highly visible game. I understand why the teams would be reluctant to do it, but guys are more likely to get injured in the dunk contest than this. Move the support back to where it normally is and this never happens.

Freak injuries occur, but they are freak occurrences.

On a more positive note, the doctors said that he had no damage to his ankle or knee (which I'm guessing means no ligament damage) and that they expect his recovery to be long, but full.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 08-02-2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10790078)

On a more positive note, the doctors said that he had no damage to his ankle or knee (which I'm guessing means no ligament damage) and that they expect his recovery to be long, but full.

No surprise. People were acting like he broke his ****ing neck. Act like you've cheered an injury before (Cassel)

kcxiv 08-02-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

I was about to say this, they have to keep in shape, this is what its doing. Alot of these guys play at the local College Gym's. I know in L.A A bunch of clippers/lakers and even other teams players play in games to get ready for the season.

This was just a freak accident and has nothing to do with them being on an Olympic team. Its just a random act of life. Shit happens.

kcxiv 08-02-2014 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10789946)

So your saying that SuperStars dont play at 100 percent when they are playing pick up games? ughh, Alot of these guys are super competitive, they bring it. If you were to tell someone like Kobe/Wade/Lebron/Chris Paul, they would look at you like you were stupid. The way you get better is to play hard. You dont get better by half assing it even during pick up games.

Pitt Gorilla 08-02-2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10790440)
I was about to say this, they have to keep in shape, this is what its doing. Alot of these guys play at the local College Gym's. I know in L.A A bunch of clippers/lakers and even other teams players play in games to get ready for the season.

This was just a freak accident and has nothing to do with them being on an Olympic team. Its just a random act of life. Shit happens.

We'll see if the Pacers (and other teams) agree.

kcxiv 08-02-2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10790472)
We'll see if the Pacers (and other teams) agree.

Im pretty sure there the NBA cant do anything about it! Its not like it happened during a game, it was (Allen Iverson's voice) Practice man!

Pitt Gorilla 08-02-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10790560)
Im pretty sure there the NBA cant do anything about it! Its not like it happened during a game, it was (Allen Iverson's voice) Practice man!

You don't think NBA GMs can keep their players from playing in these events?

Mav 08-02-2014 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10790560)

They can keep them contractually from riding motor cycles. They can out incentives in their contacts to keep them from doing this I'd bet.

GoChargers 08-02-2014 05:06 PM

Sam Cassell is coming back to the Clippers in an assistant coaching role!

kcxiv 08-02-2014 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10790626)
You don't think NBA GMs can keep their players from playing in these events?

im not sure they can. I think there is an agreement. That could be revised, but big superstars are not going to agree to that. Owners/GM's wont have much to go by. You say, ok, then we cant sign you. Off to the next team that will.

kcxiv 08-02-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10790651)
They can keep them contractually from riding motor cycles. They can out incentives in their contacts to keep them from doing this I'd bet.

If team A says, you get max contract of say 100 million, but you get these stipulations and then Team B says, we will give you the same, but no stipulations. Then its not going to hold water.

Hootie 08-02-2014 06:45 PM

Insurance policies. That's all that's needed, and teams probably already have them.

Mav 08-02-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10790735)
If team A says, you get max contract of say 100 million, but you get these stipulations and then Team B says, we will give you the same, but no stipulations. Then its not going to hold water.

Yah. You may be right.

kcxiv 08-02-2014 07:03 PM

Mark Cuban just blasted the IOC . lol He said we need to get the players and teams and do our own world cup of basketball he said. He said we dont need the Olympic people. lol

Pitt Gorilla 08-02-2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10790735)

You think all of these guys want to play in these games? Some may, but some may be looking for excuses to not have to play.

dj56dt58 08-02-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10790651)

Contract stipulations mean nothing //Jay Williams

chiefzilla1501 08-02-2014 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10790444)
So your saying that SuperStars dont play at 100 percent when they are playing pick up games? ughh, Alot of these guys are super competitive, they bring it. If you were to tell someone like Kobe/Wade/Lebron/Chris Paul, they would look at you like you were stupid. The way you get better is to play hard. You dont get better by half assing it even during pick up games.

Do you think Jamaal Charles plays at 100% until the regular season? It's not because he's uncompetitive. If you put Charles on a Team USA, I'm sure he'd view it a lot differently.

KevB 08-02-2014 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 10790879)
Do you think Jamaal Charles plays at 100% until the regular season? It's not because he's uncompetitive. If you put Charles on a Team USA, I'm sure he'd view it a lot differently.

You're comparing football to basketball?

That game last night wasn't exactly the NBA finals. There were times when they got after it a bit and times when they let up. George tried to make a hustle/highlight play from behind on a fast break and a freak injury happened. Could easily have happened in any basketball game taking place on any court across the country. Just a freak injury. Not related to fatigue or wear and tear.

kcxiv 08-03-2014 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10790847)
You think all of these guys want to play in these games? Some may, but some may be looking for excuses to not have to play.

Some do yes, if they dont want too, they can easily drop out. Players do all the time!

chiefzilla1501 08-03-2014 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10790924)
You're comparing football to basketball?

That game last night wasn't exactly the NBA finals. There were times when they got after it a bit and times when they let up. George tried to make a hustle/highlight play from behind on a fast break and a freak injury happened. Could easily have happened in any basketball game taking place on any court across the country. Just a freak injury. Not related to fatigue or wear and tear.

What other sport is there where they have all these "mandatory" exhibitions? This isn't a preseason where teams gradually bring their players along and then play in meaningless games to ease a player into it. This was a competitive exhibition. You are forcing players to play a much longer season instead of taking the offseason off. I know these players don't have to play in it, but again, they often feel the pressure to represent their country.

The injury that happened to George was freak. But it raises flags about something that should have been raised a long time ago.

Mav 08-03-2014 07:33 AM

Where the **** is rust shack. He promised Wiggins wasn't getting traded.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-03-2014 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 10790775)
Insurance policies. That's all that's needed, and teams probably already have them.

Yup. Every contract in the NBA is insured, save for Amare Stoudemire's, which shows you how inept the Knicks are. They couldn't find anyone to insure his knees, yet still gave him 100+ million.

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-03-2014 08:29 AM

The best basketball on Earth isn't played in the NBA Finals, the FIBA World Cup, the Olympics, or Rucker Park; it's played at UCLA during the summer, where the best NBA players play ruthless and relentless pickup games by invite only.

These guys play basketball. They've played year-round their entire life. Yeah, guys who've played 105 games by going to the Finals will need a longer blow than others, but aside from that, you're going to find them on a basketball court.

Mav 08-03-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10791173)
The best basketball on Earth isn't played in the NBA Finals, the FIBA World Cup, the Olympics, or Rucker Park; it's played at UCLA during the summer, where the best NBA players play ruthless and relentless pickup games by invite only.

These guys play basketball. They've played year-round their entire life. Yeah, guys who've played 105 games by going to the Finals will need a longer blow than others, but aside from that, you're going to find them on a basketball court.

Chicago they play like that too

RustShack 08-03-2014 08:52 AM

It appears that former Bucks coach Larry Drew, fired in controversial fashion last month when Jason Kidd decided to pursue the job, is making progress in joining David Blatt’s staff with the Cavaliers. Drew has ties with Blatt, who contacted him soon after he was fired by Milwaukee.

Ceej 08-03-2014 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10791208)
It appears that former Bucks coach Larry Drew, fired in controversial fashion last month when Jason Kidd decided to pursue the job, is making progress in joining David Blatt’s staff with the Cavaliers. Drew has ties with Blatt, who contacted him soon after he was fired by Milwaukee.

Enjoy that Wiggins Cavs jersey!

LMAO

RustShack 08-03-2014 12:09 PM

I'll just trade it in for Waiters, no big deal.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-03-2014 12:30 PM

ROFL

Ceej 08-03-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10791504)

I would burn it in protest because you read (and believed) he wasn't going to be traded.

SAUTO 08-03-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

No returns
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 08-03-2014 12:36 PM

They don't want your jizz stains
Posted via Mobile Device

RustShack 08-03-2014 12:36 PM

I'm just glad that it's sounding like we are only giving up two players now. Instead of the farm like early rumors were.

RustShack 08-03-2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10791535)
No returns
Posted via Mobile Device

Lol it came with a return/exchange form. I'm not worried.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 08-03-2014 12:48 PM

I feel bad for Wiggins. Dude is just awkward in the spotlight. Obscurity in Minnesota will fit him well. Never was a big fan, but if he is indeed traded, I'll probably root for him.

RustShack 08-03-2014 12:58 PM

Yeah he's being put in a shitty situation. You can tell he wants no part of being traded but he's to nice/smart to say it.

The Bad Guy 08-03-2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Who the **** would ever want a Dion Waiters jersey?

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 08-03-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 10791584)

I have his all-star jersey on pre-order.

RustShack 08-03-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 10791584)

Probably a lot of people after this year.

The Bad Guy 08-03-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10791588)
I have his all-star jersey on pre-order.

AAU jersey?