ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Is the Arrowhead "experience" worth going to? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285241)

Rams Fan 07-24-2014 07:28 PM

Is the Arrowhead "experience" worth going to?

I'm contemplating driving to KC in October to go to the Rams-Chiefs. I've already been to the sports complex to see a Royals game. However, is the tailgating as good as people make it out to be? Additionally, what's the in game experience like?

Bufkin 07-24-2014 07:29 PM

Yes. I tell that to all of my friends who have never been. If you've been to the Edward Jones Dome, then you know how it has the vibe of a Sunday night Methodist sermon. Comparitively speaking, Chiefs games are the Southern Baptist Wednesday evening sermon in East St. Louis.

ChiefsCountry 07-24-2014 07:31 PM

Yeah its worth it. Tailgating scene is amazing, it gets loud and its a sea of red.

penguinz 07-24-2014 07:32 PM

Not really. Better experience at home in front of large HD TV and bottle of Barterhouse Bourbon.

Bufkin 07-24-2014 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10765507)
Not really. Better experience at home in front of large HD TV and bottle of Barterhouse Bourbon.

You're hanging out with the wrong people then ese.

Bowser 07-24-2014 07:33 PM

Absolutely, especially if you've never done it before.

The tailgating is absolutely as good as it is made out to be. You've never seen so many food spreads - from ****ing lobster all the way down to simple hot dogs. You've never seen so many ways to get drunk before 10 am in your life, either. Basically, years of shitty football have made Chiefs fans tailgating connoisseurs - it literally was the best part of going to the game.

The in-game experience is fun. The crowd is generally into it, wild but not too rowdy (there are always exceptions there), and if the game is good the crowd will stay with it through most of the duration.

Definitely do it once. But just know you'll be back for more.

Katipan 07-24-2014 07:39 PM

Hearing "Home of the chiefs" is good enough reason. "We're going to beat the hell out of you" is just icing.

Rams Fan 07-24-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10765517)
Hearing "Home of the chiefs" is good enough reason. "We're going to beat the hell out of you" is just icing.

If I wanted to hear that, couldn't I just to go a Chiefs game in St. Louis?

LoneWolf 07-24-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Don't you have tickets in Section 108?

Bowser 07-24-2014 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 10765522)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/avYnhH95u_0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TribalElder 07-24-2014 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 10765497)
I'm contemplating driving to KC in October to go to the Rams-Chiefs. I've already been to the sports complex to see a Royals game. However, is the tailgating as good as people make it out to be? Additionally, what's the in game experience like?

As a rams fan you might not like it much. The Chiefs are likely to push the Rams shit in and then finish in the Governors cup. Sam might enjoy but you might have a bad time.

On the other hand you might get to feel like the Ravens fans who came down for the wildcard game and drank the tears of Arrowhead sadness.

Either way it will likely be much more kick ass than the edwards jones dome or whatever they call that shithole in St Louis now

Katipan 07-24-2014 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 10765522)

YOU may but I was taught from a young age that the Rams are gross and to be avoided at all costs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10765523)
Don't you have tickets in Section 108?

They were company seats. Give me a few months, I'm sure I'll find new company seats here. :D

penguinz 07-24-2014 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Fisher (Post 10765508)
You're hanging out with the wrong people then ese.

Nah... watching in HD with the ability to rewatch any play I want, for free, trumps spending a bunch of $ for a worse viewing experience.

cmh6476 07-24-2014 07:48 PM

if you want to watch your team get their shit pushed in, then yeah it's worth it

HonestChieffan 07-24-2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10765540)
As a rams fan you might not like it much. The Chiefs are likely to push the Rams shit in and then finish in the Governors cup. Sam might enjoy but you might have a bad time.

On the other hand you might get to feel like the Ravens fans who came down for the wildcard game and drank the tears of Arrowhead sadness.

Either way it will likely be much more kick ass than the edwards jones dome or whatever they call that shithole in St Louis now

This

Rams Fan 07-24-2014 07:56 PM

If I go, will my Rams hat, signed by Tavon Austin, be thrown into a fire?

Bowser 07-24-2014 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 10765562)

With you still wearing it. Without question.

LoneWolf 07-24-2014 07:58 PM

Quote:

There's a chance somebody may take a shit in it. I've heard tales of such acts before.

ChiefsCountry 07-24-2014 07:58 PM

Quote:

Why in the hell do you want to wear autograph stuff out in public?

Rams Fan 07-24-2014 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10765567)
Why in the hell do you want to wear autograph stuff out in public?

The hat's not in great condition. If it were a jersey, I'd frame it.

Reerun_KC 07-24-2014 08:01 PM

My last experience was 2005. Never again.

LoneWolf 07-24-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10765574)
My last experience was 2005. Never again.

You are not missed.

Tribal Warfare 07-24-2014 08:03 PM

When your heart and soul is rooting for the team, but if it's just fairweather bullshit like "Lambeau Field" I'm usually the loudest one there, and due to family functions( practically everyone on my Dad's side lives in Wisconsin) I have to be. It's embarrassing I get Packer fans asking me why I'm so loud when the GB defense is on the field.

Reerun_KC 07-24-2014 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10765580)
You are not missed.

Do we know each other?

Bowser 07-24-2014 08:05 PM

Of course there are those asshole fans that live to **** with rival fans after they're good and drunk. Just dress ambiguously and come watch the game. You'll have a blast.

And if you ask luv nicely, she might even let you swing by her tailgate (her and her dad really do throw a good tailgate).

LoneWolf 07-24-2014 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10765593)
Do we know each other?

Thankfully no.

tk13 07-24-2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10765598)
And if you ask luv nicely, she might even let you swing by her tailgate (her and her dad really do throw a good tailgate).

I think she has a boyfriend now.

Reerun_KC 07-24-2014 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10765608)
Thankfully no.

Ok.

I appreciate your concern.

Dayze 07-24-2014 08:40 PM

it's wort it once.

after that, only go if you get free tickets. because they'll most certainly lose

Bearcat 07-24-2014 08:48 PM

Quote:

Not unless you're going to a CP Bash the night before.

As other people have said, it's all relative... if you've never been and are used to football in a dome with no tailgating, it's absolutely worth it. Unless you're being an asshole, I don't think you'll get more than good natured ribbing.

BullJunkandIron 07-24-2014 08:58 PM

Just be careful which vehicle you get in to take a nap in. Some people don't have a since of humor.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 07-24-2014 09:02 PM

Went to my first game a few years ago. I was underwhelmed. I went again the next year and it was better, but still not that great.

Eleazar 07-24-2014 09:03 PM

Since you are a Rams fan, yes. It will be worth it to attend your first football game in a football stadium.

Nzoner 07-24-2014 09:19 PM

One can only hope that someday again the Arrowhead experience will be the way it was in the early to mid 90's.

The Franchise 07-24-2014 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10765509)

The tailgating is absolutely as good as it is made out to be. You've never seen so many food spreads - from ****ing lobster all the way down to simple hot dogs. You've never seen so many ways to get drunk before 10 am in your life, either. Basically, years of shitty football have made Chiefs fans tailgating connoisseurs - it literally was the best part of going to the game.

The in-game experience is fun. The crowd is generally into it, wild but not too rowdy (there are always exceptions there), and if the game is good the crowd will stay with it through most of the duration.

Definitely do it once. But just know you'll be back for more.

That Monday night opener is still ****ing epic.

TribalElder 07-24-2014 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 10765932)
One can only hope that someday again the Arrowhead experience will be the way it was in the early to mid 90's.

I remember when a twenty dollar bill would get a car into arrowhead LMAO

LoneWolf 07-24-2014 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10765946)
I remember when a twenty dollar bill would get a car into arrowhead LMAO

It still will if accompanied by a ten dollar bill.

Strongside 07-24-2014 09:30 PM

The tailgating is absolutely what it's made out to be.

ChiefsCountry 07-24-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10765938)

I ended up getting sick that night, had a respiratory tract infection. I ended up leaving before halftime. Never been as miserable in my life especially in the rain storm.

The Franchise 07-24-2014 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10765989)
I ended up getting sick that night, had a respiratory tract infection. I ended up leaving before halftime. Never been as miserable in my life especially in the rain storm.

I was soaked after that game but that being my first Arrowhead experience.....I'll never forget how awesome it was. Plus the amount of CP members I got to hang out with was great.

Hootie 07-24-2014 09:44 PM

yep

I love it.

Bowser 07-24-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10765938)

**** yeah it was.

God of Thunder 07-24-2014 09:58 PM

The best experience!!! I remember it so vividly. Sea of red in the parking lot and this smoke cloud from all the BBQ.

Schnitzel 07-25-2014 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armadillo Skin (Post 10765865)
Just be careful which vehicle you get in to take a nap in. Some people don't have a since of humor.

LMAO

crazycoffey 07-25-2014 02:31 AM

you going with family, or should we try to organize a st louie cp carpool?

Why Not? 07-25-2014 02:37 AM

If you can go and don't then...**** you! I'm stuck watching them live in San Diego or risking my life here around crazy ****ed up Arizona people. I long for the day I can return to Arrowhead! First game I went to live after I moved to KC was the record setting 56-7 demolishing of the Falcons. Best game day experience I have ever had anywhere. The ones since then have been good, but nothing's like your first.

Rams Fan 07-25-2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 10766357)
you going with family, or should we try to organize a st louie cp carpool?

Probably going to go with my father. Though I wouldn't have a problem straying away and meeting a few Planeteers.

Katipan 07-25-2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 10766477)
Probably going to go with my father. Though I wouldn't have a problem straying away and meeting a few Planeteers.

You would ditch your father?

Rams Fan 07-25-2014 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10766479)
You would ditch your father?

I wouldn't consider making a longer than normal concession stand run ditching my father. Or, I could also go to a tailgate. Though I'm not sure my 60 year old father who probably hasn't tailgated all of his life would want to do that.

Katipan 07-25-2014 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 10766491)
I wouldn't consider making a longer than normal concession stand run ditching my father. Or, I could also go to a tailgate. Though I'm not sure my 60 year old father who probably hasn't tailgated all of his life would want to do that.

Some CPers are approaching what you consider old. And while they resemble ravenous wolves on here, I hear they're pretty nice people in real life.

I'm sure your father will only be forced to shotgun a couple beers.

Reerun_KC 07-25-2014 08:11 AM

Arrowhead isnt what it used to be... Obviously the product on the field has been pathetic at best since the hiring of the CP savior Herm "gonna fix the defense, not touch the offense" Edwards... I think a lot has to do with the available technology and fantasy football more than anything....

People are just not as invested into it when you go to a stadium now days... You cant get instant updates, highlights, scores, etc at all... Then factor in the cost and travel/dedication time you have to invest, you miss so much of the NFL by going to one game on Sundays.

And with NFLST and the internet, the home experience is killing the stadiums.

Reerun_KC 07-25-2014 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10766504)
Some CPers are approaching what you consider old. And while they resemble ravenous wolves on here, I hear they're pretty nice people in real life.

This.... Everyone I have ever met from CP are amazing people... I have meet probably 30-40 people. All are great and helpful people...

People might seem like douches on here, but in all seriousness they arent, they are totally opposite in real life...

Why Not? 07-25-2014 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10766515)
This.... Everyone I have ever met from CP are amazing people... I have meet probably 30-40 people. All are great and helpful people...

People might seem like douches on here, but in all seriousness they arent, they are totally opposite in real life...

I've never even met anyone from CP but I agree with this. People from KC are some of the nicest people I've ever met. The board is just a place to talk shit and act like an ahole, just to see how the other side lives.

ptlyon 07-25-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10766515)
This.... Everyone I have ever met from CP are amazing people...

Shit, and you haven't even met me yet!

Nzoner 07-25-2014 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10766504)

and a few shots :evil:

cwhocares 07-25-2014 08:57 AM

Be there early to start tailgating. Enter the stadium a hour before and enjoy the "Walk of Fame". Get to town on Friday and try to schedule a tour of Arrowhead. Had a friend come to town for the Raider game and we did all of the above plus, I used my Kingdom Pass points to get down on the field and carry the Arrowhead flag. Used more points to get our picture taken on the field after the game. He said it was the best vacation he's had in a long time.

InChiefsHeaven 07-25-2014 09:05 AM

I make the pilgrimage at least once a year. 3 hour drive from Omaha, get there at 8am start tailgating and hanging out with whoever is around me. Wander in to the game in time to catch the pre game KC wolf skit and team intros, of course the National Anthem and flyover, then settle in to watch the game. IT does seem to go by fast, and last year I took my daughter to the Raider "record setting" game.

I love me some Arrowhead, but I can't go more than once a year. It ain't cheap. This year is the first year that, barring a miracle, I won't be able to go. Wife and I have a big trip planned to Hawaii and that's sucking up all my funds, but if I can sneak down there somehow I will. It's a huge part of my season.

The Franchise 07-25-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 10766491)

Dude.....take your Dad with you to some of the CP tailgates. They're all pretty good guys. When I went....I got to hang out with Flop, Phobia, Nzoner, Bowser, Buck, OTWP58, Simply Red...shit....even Clay.

Mr. Plow 07-25-2014 09:15 AM

I haven't made the trip in several years, just to much money & time invested in it for me to do it. But the tailgating is well worth it. Game experience was fun, even if we lost.

If you go, take a few minutes to swing by any of the CP tailgates. You won't regret it.

ChiefsCountry 07-25-2014 09:17 AM

Perfect time of the year as well when the Rams game is. October is the best month for football/tailgating.

Nzoner 07-25-2014 09:19 AM

Some of us may be old enough to be your dad but we can hang with you youngins just fine.

Pablo 07-25-2014 09:31 AM

Chiefs tailgates are always fun. If they aren't fun, then you are probably just a boring person. Your in game experience may vary depending on if they decide to play football or choke down a pants pickle that day; but you'll have a fun time before the game at least.

Arrowhead isn't back. And it never will be. It gets loud. It gets pretty crazy at times, but don't go out there expecting the Arrowhead of lore like you've heard about for the last twenty years. You've never been so I'm sure you'll be impressed compared to whatever the hell sort of exciting environment that shit dome creates.

lcarus 07-25-2014 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 10766657)
Chiefs tailgates are always fun. If they aren't fun, then you are probably just a boring person. Your in game experience may vary depending on if they decide to play football or choke down a pants pickle that day; but you'll have a fun time before the game at least.

Arrowhead isn't back. And it never will be. It gets loud. It gets pretty crazy at times, but don't go out there expecting the Arrowhead of lore like you've heard about for the last twenty years. You've never been so I'm sure you'll be impressed compared to whatever the hell sort of exciting environment that shit dome creates.

Yeah it'll never be like the 90s again. Or hell, even the Vermeil era. The Herm was the turning point.

Still an awesome experience though.

ptlyon 07-25-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10766663)
Yeah it'll never be like the 90s again. Or hell, even the Vermeil era. The Herm was the turning point.

Still an awesome experience though.

The mullets and camaros are gone :(

frankotank 07-25-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10765509)

sadly....I think you've hit the nail on the head here. :thumb:

Quote:

can't remember exactly how old I was my first time.....but I'll never forget when the crowd roared 'CHIIIIEEEEEEEFS' on that line of the natl anthem.....I didn't know it was coming.....and the hairs stood up on my arms.

AWESOME!

since that day I've always sung the song that way no matter where I am....high school game etc. pisses my wife off! LMAO

lcarus 07-25-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 10766668)

I'll never forget when I went to a game during the Herm era. It was a big 3rd down and everyone was standing. Some 35 year old douche behind us was bitching at us to sit the F down. Couldn't believe it. Chiefs fan too. I was like "have you ever been here before? I've been coming to this seat for basically my whole life and nobody has ever told me to sit down on 3rd down. Or any down."

hometeam 07-25-2014 09:41 AM

Arrowhead is a real stadium. Ya know, the kind without a roof.

So yes, go, have fun, though it may ruin the decidedly mild and shitty Rams home game experience.

frankotank 07-25-2014 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 10766668)

well...that's not necessarily true....
my mullet is long gone but..... :shrug:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/pictu...pictureid=1451

hometeam 07-25-2014 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10766672)
I'll never forget when I went to a game during the Herm era. It was a big 3rd down and everyone was standing. Some 35 year old douche behind us was bitching at us to sit the F down. Couldn't believe it. Chiefs fan too. I was like "have you ever been here before? I've been coming to this seat for basically my whole life and nobody has ever told me to sit down on 3rd down. Or any down."

I had people doing it at the Texans game. Needless to say I did not oblige.

lcarus 07-25-2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 10766676)
I had people doing it at the Texans game. Needless to say I did not oblige.

My cousin and I didn't either. Everyone was standing besides that turd. I was as polite as I could be about it though. I only told him to die choking on a fire penis.

ptlyon 07-25-2014 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10766672)

One person did that to me. Once.

The 'eat shit' reply took care of things in a timely manner.

Schnitzel 07-25-2014 09:51 AM

I definitely have to come to Arrowhead one day. Unfortunately it's pretty far away for me though...

gblowfish 07-25-2014 09:53 AM

Show up.
Spend a lot of money.
A LOT of money.
The KC economy thanks you.

Oh, and we'll still beat your ass.

Discuss Thrower 07-25-2014 09:54 AM

Do not, I repeat, do NOT park in Lot A unless you want your personal safety threatened, your car stripped of parts and your wife impregnated by someone other than yourself.

The Franchise 07-25-2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10766695)
Do not, I repeat, do NOT park in Lot A unless you want your personal safety threatened, your car stripped of parts and your wife impregnated by someone other than yourself.

Are you sure you weren't in Oakland?

Schnitzel 07-25-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10766703)
Are you sure you weren't in Oakland?

LMAO

sedated 07-25-2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10766663)

I think it was the renovation and hiking the club level prices up to $250. A stadium with a giant void in the middle rows cant be as loud as a packed one.

lcarus 07-25-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 10766715)
I think it was the renovation and hiking the club level prices up to $250. A stadium with a giant void in the middle rows cant be as loud as a packed one.

Yeah that damn yellow ring is always near empty

Fish 07-25-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10766695)

Lot A ain't nuttin to **** wit. Pussies stay home.

Bearcat 07-25-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 10765811)
Not unless you're going to a CP Bash the night before.

Nuthin', really?

Guess I'll use a picture next time.