ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft If Teddy Bridgewater really does fall, do you draft him? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283127)

Mr. Laz 04-20-2014 08:23 PM

If Teddy Bridgewater really does fall, do you draft him?

I'm seeing rumors that Bridgewater is falling like a rock. He might even slip into the 2nd round.

You are making the Chiefs selection at #23 and Teddy Bridgewater has fallen, do you pick him?

Prison Bitch 04-20-2014 08:26 PM

Did you watch that playoff game last year?

Cheater5 04-20-2014 08:30 PM

The dude will be a footnote in three years. He'd be good in the CFL, I'm guessing.

Snapplez 04-20-2014 08:31 PM

Holy Shit, YES

BigCatDaddy 04-20-2014 08:37 PM

We would be stupid to pass on him.

007 04-20-2014 08:53 PM

you guys are dreaming if you think the Chiefs are drafting a QB this year.

Saccopoo 04-20-2014 08:59 PM

Oh hells no.

Serious holes at OL, WR, LB, S and you want to take a guy who will compete for the fourth QB spot?

Shit, add in OLB, CB and OT too before you think about a QB.

****ing Freddy Bilgewater...

Seriously?

The guy looks like a stiff wind would break him in half. Shitty release. Bad feet.

**** that.

reeruns.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-20-2014 08:59 PM

Manziel

Bugeater 04-20-2014 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10575303)
you guys are dreaming if you think the Chiefs are drafting a QB this year.

The question isn't whether we think the Chiefs will draft him.

mikey23545 04-20-2014 09:04 PM

If he falls to our second pick in the sixth round, damn right we should run to the podium.

OldSchool 04-20-2014 09:05 PM

No, provides zero improvement to our current roster and will not help us win at all.

jjchieffan 04-20-2014 09:07 PM

I say absolutely. The kid was projected as the first overall pick just a couple of months ago. If he falls to 23, you just can't pass on him. If Dorsey is truly picking BPA and not for need then I can't see him not picking Bridgewater. Man how I would love to see KC have the next Aaron Rodgers. Not comparing their playing strengths and weaknesses, just how Rodgers fell too and the Packers grabbed him, let him sit a couple of years, and now has a top 5 in the league franchise QB.

Saccopoo 04-20-2014 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 10575319)
If he falls to our second pick in the sixth round, damn right we should run to the podium.

Would still be a waste of a pick.

keg in kc 04-20-2014 09:11 PM

I don't know that I really have an opinion about him one way or the other, but as strongly as I feel about the importance of the position, if they decide he's worth spending the 23rd pick on, I wouldn't have any issues with it, regardless of what other perceived holes the roster has. Nothing or noone else that they could possibly draft could ever have a greater positive impact on the franchise's next decade (or more) than the right QB, and if their analysis tells them that he's that right guy, then they need to pull the trigger.

Saccopoo 04-20-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 10575327)
I say absolutely. The kid was projected as the first overall pick just a couple of months ago. If he falls to 23, you just can't pass on him. If Dorsey is truly picking BPA and not for need then I can't see him not picking Bridgewater. Man how I would love to see KC have the next Aaron Rodgers. Not comparing their playing strengths and weaknesses, just how Rodgers fell too and the Packers grabbed him, let him sit a couple of years, and now has a top 5 in the league franchise QB.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...ashers-wtf.gif

jjchieffan 04-20-2014 09:19 PM

Funny that sackashit responds with a gif of two of the lamest unfunny actors on the planet. I know you want to waste the pick on a guard. Was that you in the true fan gif?

O.city 04-20-2014 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10575334)
I don't know that I really have an opinion about him one way or the other, but as strongly as I feel about the importance of the position, if they decide he's worth spending the 23rd pick on, I wouldn't have any issues with it, regardless of what other perceived holes the roster has. Nothing or noone else that they could possibly draft could ever have a greater positive impact on the franchise's next decade (or more) than the right QB, and if their analysis tells them that he's that right guy, then they need to pull the trigger.

Good take. I agree.

They need to be forward thinking. If they feel that way about him, pick him. If not trade the pick to someone who does

Saccopoo 04-20-2014 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 10575345)
Funny that sackashit responds with a gif of two of the lamest unfunny actors on the planet. I know you want to waste the pick on a guard. Was that you in the true fan gif?

This is how stupid people get around here about the proverbial "QBOTF" first round pick.

The single biggest hole on this entire team is at OG, but you see people ridiculing that position as a possible pick because they think that if we don't use a first round pick on a QB right ****ing now that the sun will implode, go super nova and swallow the earth.

The QB position is the last one that needs to be addressed. They've got Smith - a guy who can win in the playoffs, Daniel showed he's a capable backup in the San Diego game and you got a rookie last season who has all the tools to be an elite level guy at the position. What else do you need at the position? So, let's summarize...a 29 year old starter with playoff experience, a 27 year old backup and a 22 year old dude with the tools to groom.

Yeah, let's use that first round pick on another QB. That makes sense.

Oh, that's right, we need to draft our own first round pick who we all know will be in the ****ing Hall of Fame because the Chiefs would draft him. That's why we wanted Jimmy Clausen. Because we'd finally get that Hall of Fame QB and he'd be all ours and nobody else's and we'd have picked him in the first round and the curse of Blackledge will be finally off this team and we'll win the Super Bowl in his rookie season because he'd be the starter because he'd be our first round pick and nobody else's and we'd be the envy of the league because we'd have a first round QB picked who will be in the Hall of Fame who will win the Super Bowl his rookie year because we picked him in the first round.

That's why.

Jimmya 04-20-2014 09:43 PM

Let pick some fat ass guard that won't finish the season and will leave in 3 years..... Bad ass.

Saccopoo 04-20-2014 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 10575390)
Let pick some fat ass guard that won't finish the season and will leave in 3 years..... Bad ass.

It would be a better pick than Freddy Bilgewater.

kcxiv 04-20-2014 09:47 PM

IF he is the best player on their board when we pick, absolutely.

RunKC 04-20-2014 09:49 PM

Why do you hate Bridgewater so much Sac? You've hated him since last years game vs Florida.

BossChief 04-20-2014 09:50 PM

Yes.

The thing that does give me pause about the kid is when he talked about almost walking away from football as a freshman because he wasnt the starter. How much effort would he put in to try and pry the starters job from Alex Smith if we did draft him to be the long term answer? Does he truly love the game enough to put in the time it takes to develop all of his skills? Does he have the intestinal fortitude (thanks bobby heenan) to watch film and lift weights ON HIS OWN TIME?

The weight lifting part is HUGE because he wouldn't play right away (unless Alex gets injured) and his legs are made of pixie sticks. His arms look like he hasn't ever touched a weight. Those things lead me to believe he has gotten by strictly on talent to this point and he would need to completely refine his outlook on the game in the future to realize his potential.

Does he have it in him to do that?

If the answer is yes, you run to the podium and select him.

If the answer is no, you select the player on the board that provides the team the best impact.

Chief_For_Life58 04-20-2014 09:50 PM

we are in win now mode. I want immediate impact. I voted no

BossChief 04-20-2014 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10575399)
Why do you hate Bridgewater so much Sac? You've hated him since last years game vs Florida.

Because Alex Smith went to Utah.

BossChief 04-20-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 10575402)

The teams offseason thus far doesn't support the claim that we are in win now mode.

Mr. Laz 04-20-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10575395)
IF he is the best player on their board when we pick, absolutely.

Do you think he is?

common sense tells you that the 15 of the best players are going to be gone, there will be some surprises about the other 8.

Is Bridgewater that good?

Bridgewater > Marquise Lee?
Bridgewater > Brandin Cook?

What possible players will be there that you would take over Bridgewater?

Mr. Laz 04-20-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10575405)
The teams offseason thus far doesn't support the claim that we are in win now mode.

It sure doesn't

It looks like we did a quick band-aid last year and are now on to the rebuild.

Or Dorsey and Reid really think we were robbed last year and are ready to win with existing talent.

O.city 04-20-2014 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10575407)
It sure doesn't

Or Dorsey and Reid really think we were robbed last year and are ready to win with existing talent.

It's a bold play, but I'm pretty sure they feel they've got in house talent that can replace and be better than what they lost/didn't sign.

Added to that this years draft, I guess.

It's a bold play counting on slot of unknowns though

O.city 04-20-2014 09:57 PM

I would take lee or cooks over bridgewater right now

BigCatDaddy 04-20-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 10575402)

We seemed to be in win now mode last year. I'm not so sure that's the case now, but I guess some things could change. Some things better change.

O.city 04-20-2014 10:00 PM

If he lasts that long, the chiefs could really make some headway in a trade down.

Say Houston would be willing to give up their 2nd, 3rd and another pick, I'd think about it

KCBOSS1 04-20-2014 10:04 PM

No

Rain Man 04-20-2014 10:04 PM

I don't think we're in win now mode. You can't beat Manning in the modern NFL, even if he's got 52 dregs on the team with him. We saw that last year.

BossChief 04-20-2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10575421)
If he lasts that long, the chiefs could really make some headway in a trade down.

Say Houston would be willing to give up their 2nd, 3rd and another pick, I'd think about it

I'd take that deal, but I'd try to squeeze a 4th or 5th more, too.

keg in kc 04-20-2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10575407)
It sure doesn't

I think it's a combination of last year being every bit as much rebuild as this year and them believing more in incumbent talent on the roster than the rest of us.

Saccopoo 04-20-2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10575399)

He's a guy you are going to have to groom.

He's going to have to fill in his frame.

He's going to have to work on his feet.

He's going to have to correct his throwing motion.

He's going to have to work on his progressions.

You never really know about a guy until he gets the chance, but I don't see the foundation to really build a high level starter from with Bridgewater.

And furthermore, is this the guy you want to groom versus Bray?

Because that's the real question. Bray or Bridgewater. Both are projects that are going to require another couple of years before they are truly ready.

Saccopoo 04-20-2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10575421)

This would be the ideal solution.

That extra high third could go a long way in netting a very good player at a position of need. And we'd likely get the same guy with the #33 pick that we will with the #23 pick.

O.city 04-20-2014 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 10575434)
I'd take that deal, but I'd try to squeeze a 4th or 5th more, too.

Yeah for sure

kcxiv 04-20-2014 10:17 PM

If you draft him, let him sit for a year, Let Alex walk and dont pay him a big contract, then you can sign some playmakers.

As shitty as this franchise has been, i say you just draft him, if he's the number 1 guy. I do want to win now, but if this gives us a chance at a real QBOTF, then you always always take that chance.

With that being said. We are the ****ing Chiefs, we arent drafting a stinking qb.

Mr. Laz 04-20-2014 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10575444)
I think it's a combination of last year being every bit as much rebuild as this year and them believing more in incumbent talent on the roster than the rest of us.

You really start rebuilding a team by trading the 1st pick of the 2nd round and next year's 2nd rounder for a QB?

BigCatDaddy 04-20-2014 10:23 PM

I heard them talking on the radio the other day. In a poll like 55% of Chief fans said they would pass on Manziel if he were there and Bridgewater if he were there in the 1st round. I think the phrase they used was Chiefs fans don't want to "dare to be great" at the QB spot.

CoMoChief 04-20-2014 10:30 PM

Unless its Johnny ****ing Manziel, this team isn't drafting a 1st rd QB AND re-signing Alex Smith. It's simply not going to happen. And even Manziel did fall to KC, I still highly doubt Reid/Dorsey would pull the trigger on that.

Rain Man 04-20-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10575469)
You really start rebuilding a team by trading the 1st pick of the 2nd round and next year's 2nd rounder for a QB?

Honestly, you have to have a quarterback in this league to compete at all. Alex Smith helps the Chiefs compete, which is the first step toward turning the ship around. You simply can't go into the 2013 season with Matt Cassel as your quarterback, and the NFL isn't a Madden game where you can tank a year by starting former secretary of state Madeleine O'Connell for a year.*

*Yeah, I know about Curtis Painter. I can't explain Curtis Painter.

Shaid 04-20-2014 10:49 PM

While I understand people not wanting to draft him, I wouldn't give a shit if we drafting a QB with every single pick we had for the next 3 years if the end result was we picked up a franchise QB. Having a franchise QB locking down that spot for the next 15 years makes it all worth while. That being said, nothing is a guarantee. Go BPA for the most part but if you do reach, a QB isn't a bad position to reach on.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-20-2014 11:07 PM

Bray and Bridgewater both require work, therefore they are the same. Sacc really needs to kill himself.

Also, I'm not super high on Bridgewater, but that's pretty good surplus value. The Chiefs aren't winning anything with their current roster construction, so they might as well build towards a workable future rather than just making sure that Arrowhead is a hopping scene for murderers and barbeque-engorged Jabbas.

Saccopoo 04-20-2014 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10575540)
Bray and Bridgewater both require work, therefore they are the same. Sacc really needs to kill himself.

Didn't I just say that? That both are projects/groomers and that we already have Bray on the roster in that role - a guy who has tools for the trade?

Quote:

Also, I'm not super high on Bridgewater, but that's pretty good surplus value. The Chiefs aren't winning anything with their current roster construction, so they might as well build towards a workable future rather than just making sure that Arrowhead is a hopping scene for murderers and barbeque-engorged Jabbas.
Actually, they won nine more games than the previous season with that current roster, coaching staff and front office, fyi. Their QB position is pretty young and has shown the capacity to win. So let's just keep adding to it for the sake of being able to tell everyone we finally got that first round QB of our very own.

I'd say that's worth a shot of attempting to put together a relatively well stocked team versus pissing away a first round draft pick on a guy who, for all intent and purpose, is a lesser version (less arm, less size) of what they picked up for free last season (Bray).

keg in kc 04-21-2014 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10575469)

You do if a QB you like and that you view as a long-term answer is available. I would assume they expect him to play until his mid 30s, so we're probably talking in the neighborhood of 7 years as a starter here, for all the talk about it being a "win now" move. I think it's always been a multifaceted trade, a known quantity at QB to build around now while at the same time a guy who's young enough to play for a number of years.

So while I've never been a fan of Alex Smith and I was never in favor of the move (particularly for the price they overpaid), I do understand the philosophy behind it. He was Reid's guy and he was available. That's kind of a no-brainer from their perspective.

I just don't have much faith that he can be as good as they apparently believe that he can.

Dunerdr 04-21-2014 04:19 AM

No only because I heard Tyler Wilson is available.

The Bad Guy 04-21-2014 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10575387)
This is how stupid people get around here about the proverbial "QBOTF" first round pick.

The single biggest hole on this entire team is at OG, but you see people ridiculing that position as a possible pick because they think that if we don't use a first round pick on a QB right ****ing now that the sun will implode, go super nova and swallow the earth.

The QB position is the last one that needs to be addressed. They've got Smith - a guy who can win in the playoffs, Daniel showed he's a capable backup in the San Diego game and you got a rookie last season who has all the tools to be an elite level guy at the position. What else do you need at the position? So, let's summarize...a 29 year old starter with playoff experience, a 27 year old backup and a 22 year old dude with the tools to groom.

Yeah, let's use that first round pick on another QB. That makes sense.

Oh, that's right, we need to draft our own first round pick who we all know will be in the ****ing Hall of Fame because the Chiefs would draft him. That's why we wanted Jimmy Clausen. Because we'd finally get that Hall of Fame QB and he'd be all ours and nobody else's and we'd have picked him in the first round and the curse of Blackledge will be finally off this team and we'll win the Super Bowl in his rookie season because he'd be the starter because he'd be our first round pick and nobody else's and we'd be the envy of the league because we'd have a first round QB picked who will be in the Hall of Fame who will win the Super Bowl his rookie year because we picked him in the first round.

That's why.

Jesus ****. No, the single biggest hole on this team is not at OG. You can not straight faced post that you wouldn't take Bridgewater because it would be a wasted pick and then advocate to take a guard at 23. No ****ing way.

BlackHelicopters 04-21-2014 06:41 AM

No.

Chiefnj2 04-21-2014 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10575459)
If you draft him, let him sit for a year, Let Alex walk and dont pay him a big contract, then you can sign some playmakers.

As shitty as this franchise has been, i say you just draft him, if he's the number 1 guy. I do want to win now, but if this gives us a chance at a real QBOTF, then you always always take that chance.

With that being said. We are the ****ing Chiefs, we arent drafting a stinking qb.

You can't let Smith walk after giving up two second round picks and designing the offense around him.

Dr. Van Halen 04-21-2014 07:26 AM

The stats on taking a QB who isn't a consensus #1 or #2 overall draft pick aren't good. I mean, the draft is one big crap shoot, but the dice seem loaded against mid-late round QB's in recent years (I only went back 5 years).

Simplicity 04-21-2014 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 10575625)
You can't let Smith walk after giving up two second round picks and designing the offense around him.

Yeah, you can.

duncan_idaho 04-21-2014 07:57 AM

I would strongly consider it. I'm not a huge Bridgewater fan, but if the focus of this offseason/draft is rebuilding with cheap, young talent, a slipping QB can be a big piece of that.

Everything they've done so far this offseason has indicated they are NOT in win-now mode. In that case, you take the best player with the most upside at No. 23 (and every other pick). You never draft for need unless you're drafting to add the final piece of a championship puzzle (and even then, I'd lean to drafting the upside over the fit).

Chief_For_Life58 04-21-2014 08:07 AM

we didn't have any money to spend this offseason though right? I still think we're in win now mode. Our core players are about to hit their downhill. take the best wr at 23 or just bpa and play for another wild card

Chief_For_Life58 04-21-2014 08:08 AM

bpa = anything but qb at 23

duncan_idaho 04-21-2014 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 10575673)
we didn't have any money to spend this offseason though right? I still think we're in win now mode. Our core players are about to hit their downhill. take the best wr at 23 or just bpa and play for another wild card

If you're in win-now mode, you can always create some cap space by moving around contracts.

RealSNR 04-21-2014 08:24 AM

A rookie guard is probably going to suck dick if you fill him in immediately as a starter.

At least your rookie QB will be on the bench for the first year.

ChiTown 04-21-2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 10575601)
Jesus ****. No, the single biggest hole on this team is not at OG. You can not straight faced post that you wouldn't take Bridgewater because it would be a wasted pick and then advocate to take a guard at 23. No ****ing way.

:clap: - Teddy is Ready

If he is available, which I can't believe he would be, you jump on that shit like it's the winning lotto ticket

HemiEd 04-21-2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

you guys are dreaming if you think the Chiefs are drafting a QB any year.

Fixed it for you.

Bowser 04-21-2014 11:12 AM

I voted no due to our many other needs elsewhere. I think he can be a solid guy, just not a game changer.

Rasputin 04-21-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

you guys are dreaming if you think the Chiefs are drafting a QB EVER.

fyp

Tombstone RJ 04-21-2014 11:31 AM

Bridgewater won't fall to the second, and I seriously doubt he will fall to 23. If Bridgewater fell to #31 then I'm thinking the Broncos would throw out a "anyone wanna trade?" flag so as to cash in on another team moving up for Bridgewater.

but yah, if Bridgewater is there I think kc has to take him.

The Franchise 04-21-2014 11:35 AM

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 2h

"There's no Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck in this class." Well no shit. There wasn't in the 15 classes between them either.

jjchieffan 04-21-2014 11:35 AM

Nobody thought Green Bay would spend their first round pick on Rodgers. Didn't they get him after falling to about 23? How old was Favre then? I believe Dorsey was a part of that war room right? I would like to see where Dorsey has Bridgewater on his draft board. If he truly drafts BPA and not based on need, and he has him ranked around 10-15 on his board and he is still available, then he is the choice right? Position or need doesn't matter if BPA is who you draft.

jd1020 04-21-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10575862)
I voted no due to our many other needs elsewhere. I think he can be a solid guy, just not a game changer.

We have a starter at QB for 1 more year. How is QB not a need?

Alex Smith is not a guy you can't throw away. You can.

If Bridgewater is there at 23, and they have scouted him to the point where he is in the top 3 on their draft board of the players left then it would be ****ing stupid to pass on him. You could sit him for a year, let Alex play his remaining year and then let him go, maybe even tag and trade him, and use the saved 8-9mil a year to sign Houston.

Alex is a top 15-20 QB at best. If you pass on a QB you like because you have a bottom half QB as your starter then you deserve to ****ing lose.

alpha_omega 04-21-2014 11:45 AM

No. You take a player at a position of need, or trade down. I would suspect that someone would want to come up and grab him.

greatgooglymoogly 04-21-2014 11:49 AM

If Bridgewater falls to the second round, then all the scouts, coaches and GMs found something very, very wrong with him. I'd even be wary of a Rodgers-like slide - when Rodgers slid nine years ago, there wasn't as great of an emphasis on drafting QBs high. In just a few years, the pendulum swung back so hard that Blaine Gabbert was seriously being considered as a possible #1 overall pick.

The Franchise 04-21-2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 10575907)
No. You take a player at a position of need, or trade down. I would suspect that someone would want to come up and grab him.

Drafting for a position of need in the 1st round (if the talent is there) is a great way to end up with another ****ing Tyson Jackson.

The Franchise 04-21-2014 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatgooglymoogly (Post 10575909)
If Bridgewater falls to the second round, then all the scouts, coaches and GMs found something very, very wrong with him. I'd even be wary of a Rodgers-like slide - when Rodgers slid nine years ago, there wasn't as great of an emphasis on drafting QBs high. In just a few years, the pendulum swung back so hard that Blaine Gabbert was seriously being considered as a possible #1 overall pick.

lolwut?

greatgooglymoogly 04-21-2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10575913)
lolwut?

Go back and look at the first round of that draft. Smith went #1 to the 49ers, and then a bunch of teams (not including the Chiefs, surprisingly) caught the dumbass. Troy Williamson? Pac-Man Jones? Mike Williams? Cedric Benson? Mother of God...

The Franchise 04-21-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatgooglymoogly (Post 10575916)
Go back and look at the first round of that draft. Smith went #1 to the 49ers, and then a bunch of teams (not including the Chiefs, surprisingly) caught the dumbass. Troy Williamson? Pac-Man Jones? Mike Williams? Cedric Benson? Mother of God...

Nice job, Captain Hindsight.

keg in kc 04-21-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10575913)
lolwut?

Hey, it's not like Alex Smith was drafted number 1 that year, or Eli and Rivers were taken 1 and 4 the year before, with Roethlisberger at 11. Or Palmer at 1 and Leftwich at 7 the year before that. Or Carr at 1 and Harrington at 3 the year before that. Or Vick at 1 the year before that.

Tombstone RJ 04-21-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatgooglymoogly (Post 10575916)

since I don't want to look that draft up, what other QBs were available in that draft?

greatgooglymoogly 04-21-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10575918)
Nice job, Captain Hindsight.

I'll use the Bears as an example. They already had a pretty good RB in Thomas Jones, and they were running Rex Grossman out there every week. Now, Grossman had already suffered one season ending injury, and the 2004 campaign proved the Bears had no QB depth whatsoever, so did they draft the best QB available? No, they drafted the running back.

jd1020 04-21-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10575920)
since I don't want to look that draft up, what other QBs were available in that draft?

Matt Cassel.

greatgooglymoogly 04-21-2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10575920)

Jason Campbell was the other QB drafted in the first round that year. 3 of the first 5 picks were RBs.

jd1020 04-21-2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatgooglymoogly (Post 10575926)
I'll use the Bears as an example. They already had a pretty good RB in Thomas Jones, and they were running Rex Grossman out there every week. Now, Grossman had already suffered one season ending injury, and the 2004 campaign proved the Bears had no QB depth whatsoever, so did they draft the best QB available? No, they drafted the running back.

Worked out pretty well for them and their SB win.

The Franchise 04-21-2014 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10575932)
Worked out pretty well for them and their SB win.

LMAO