ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Do you think the NFL is "rigged?" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279323)

cosmo20002 12-09-2013 09:45 AM

Do you think the NFL is "rigged?"

Pretty simple question: Do you think the NFL is "rigged?"

Specifically, do you believe the NFL has a preferred outcome for games AND orders its officiating crews to make calls for/against teams for the purpose of achieving that preferred outcome?

mikeyis4dcats. 12-09-2013 09:46 AM

No.

There are bullshit calls, and certain QBs get breaks, but I don't believe it's orchestrated.

WhawhaWhat 12-09-2013 09:47 AM

May as well be WWE.

King_Chief_Fan 12-09-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 10262982)
No.

There are bullshit calls, and certain QBs get breaks, but I don't believe it's orchestrated.

i think this is right

Mr. Arrowhead 12-09-2013 09:49 AM

certain teams with certain QBs definitely get breaks, but its not rigged.

DaFace 12-09-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 10262982)
No.

Yep. I think that refs can be intimidated by high-profile players and may bias their calls slightly because of it, but I don't think there's a league-sanctioned initiative to throw games.

Sofa King 12-09-2013 09:49 AM

No. But favorable players get favorable calls. Peyton Manning vs Bernard Pollard, who do you think will get the call. Brady vs Suh... pretty much any QB and the majority of wr's over db's.

gblowfish 12-09-2013 09:50 AM

Only when Denver or New England plays somebody.

wazu 12-09-2013 09:51 AM

The main reason I reject this is because it is the most potentially fatal thing the NFL could do to it's brand, not because they are above it. It only takes one whistle-blower, one ref "coming clean" and it would be absolutely disastrous. There would be an almost 100% chance of this happening. The NFL knows this.

What I think does happen is that referees, in all sports, tend to favor star players. In baseball you hear it with calling balls and strikes and who "gets the calls". It's been that way since forever. In NFL, those stars tend to be the MVP-caliber quarterbacks.

Graystoke 12-09-2013 09:52 AM

I think there are protected players

Eleazar 12-09-2013 09:54 AM

The league's emphasis on bubble-wrapping the QB has really changed the way the game is played, because you can barely hit them at all anymore. Same with receivers, you can't hit them or cover them the same way you used to be able to.

Almost every rule change in recent years has skewed things away from the ground game and toward the passing game. You also have officials looking closely for these things they are told by the league office that we're calling now, and missing things like holding calls.

Reerun_KC 12-09-2013 09:55 AM

Its getting more and more flawed and less like the NFL...

Eleazar 12-09-2013 09:59 AM

I don't think there is anything like the star system in the NBA where the "name" players can get away with anything and get all the calls.

There does seem to be a trend where the calls at critical points in the game disproportionately favor a few of the star QBs. Look at the Pats/Browns game yesterday.

-King- 12-09-2013 10:00 AM

Fwiw, Denver is one of the most penalized team in the league. So there's that...
Posted via Mobile Device

tooge 12-09-2013 10:01 AM

It sure seems like they work to get certain matchups that would be favorable for ratings. Who knows.

Contrarian 12-09-2013 10:02 AM

I think its clear that the nfl sees trends happening for specific teams and you see those sane officiating crews in a poorly officiated game change their behavior in their mercy game. The calls that they should have called previously gets called in the next game but it doesn't affect the sane behavior from the team that commuted those offenses that were questionable. Thus Denver running pick plays, the same ref crew yesterday called two of them.

loochy 12-09-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10262980)
Pretty simple question: Do you think the NFL is "rigged?"

Specifically, do you believe the NFL has a preferred outcome for games AND orders its officiating crews to make calls for/against teams for the purpose of achieving that preferred outcome?

Somewhat, yes.

It's not COMPLETELY rigged, but there is obvious bias and preference to push the games in certain directions, ala the NBA (but not as bad).

Nzoner 12-09-2013 10:03 AM

If anyone has the time please watch this,I personally own this book and it's a hell of a read.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/utO9jtDpsmQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ace Gunner 12-09-2013 10:04 AM

if you mean rigged like WWE then no.

If you mean there have been several instances where NFL officials deceived the public, yes.

If you mean the NFL rigged the game for the masses who don't know the diff between a tough win & a shootout, yes.

If you mean the NFL rigged the game for FFL stat fruitcakes & a bunch more vegas action, yes.

wazu 12-09-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10263012)
Fwiw, Denver is one of the most penalized team in the league. So there's that...
Posted via Mobile Device

And went one-and-done in the playoffs last year. An abrupt end to the wall-to-wall coverage of wonder boy's miracle comeback.

Nzoner 12-09-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 10263021)
Somewhat, yes.

It's not COMPLETELY rigged, but there is obvious bias and preference to push the games in certain directions, ala the NBA (but not as bad).

Agreed,I also believe the Vegas betting lines have everything to do with this.

cosmo20002 12-09-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 10263015)
It sure seems like they work to get certain matchups that would be favorable for ratings. Who knows.

Schedules follow a pre-determined formula and are essentially set years in advance.

The Franchise 12-09-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

And if you notice....it's bullshit penalties after they have the game in hand. It's never huge penalties that result in the other team getting points.

tooge 12-09-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10263034)
Schedules follow a pre-determined formula and are essentially set years in advance.

Playoffs don't

hometeam 12-09-2013 10:06 AM

Too many people, too much pride, too much money involved for someone not to get pissed and pull the plug.

loochy 12-09-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 10263032)
Agreed,I also believe the Vegas betting lines have everything to do with this.

Of course! There is an insane amount of money moved with the betting.

ILChief 12-09-2013 10:08 AM

If there was a directive from the office, the league would fold. Any person that ever bought a ticket or paid for Sunday ticket would be able to sue for their money back

Reerun_KC 12-09-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10263035)
And if you notice....it's bullshit penalties after they have the game in hand. It's never huge penalties that result in the other team getting points.

Exactly this...

Name one time this year that Denver had a game changing penalty on a big play....

Yet game after game, once they are comfortably ahead, then do we start seeing holding calls, but not when it matters.

Reerun_KC 12-09-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 10263045)
If there was a directive from the office, the league would fold. Any person that ever bought a ticket or paid for Sunday ticket would be able to sue for their money back

It will get out at some point, the league will make a mistake that causes some fall out.

cosmo20002 12-09-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 10263021)
Somewhat, yes.

You're dodging the question. Bias from who? Preference from who?
The question is whether the NFL orders the refs to make calls to influence the game outcome.

I'm sure the NFL has a preference who is in the playoffs and SB because they know some teams will pull bigger ratings. But I can't see that the refs would care. So it comes back to whether the NFL is telling the refs to try to alter the game outcome.

Reerun_KC 12-09-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10263049)
The question is whether the NFL orders the refs to make calls to influence the game outcome.

I'm sure the NFL has a preference who is in the playoffs and SB because they know some teams will pull bigger ratings. But I can't see that the refs would care. So it comes back to whether the NFL is telling the refs to try to alter the game outcome.

Yes, otherwise you don't make the call in the endzone at NE... That was about as blatant as one can get. Yes I do believe the NFL has the officials alter the outcomes of games.

Nzoner 12-09-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 10263045)

NOPE

http://www.debate.org/opinions/is-the-nfl-rigged

In 2007 a Jets season ticket holder sued the NFL for $185 million and the case reached the US Supreme Court. The Jets fan argued that, all Jets fans are entitled to refunds because they paid for a ticket to a legitimate sporting event. Had he been aware that the games were not real then we would not have gone.

The Judge stated that a ticket to a game only provides you access to the stadium. The fan entered the stadium, witnessed a game, therefore he did not suffer any damages. The fan's lawyer disagreed and argued that the NFL committed consumer fraud.

Judges ruled that fixing a game for entertainment purposes was completely LEGAL.

BigRock 12-09-2013 10:17 AM

We can make a test case. There's not a chance in hell the NFL would want Seattle, with their repeated PED and other drug violations, anywhere near the Super Bowl. So let's see if some controversial call goes against them.

Eleazar 12-09-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 10263059)
Judges ruled that fixing a game for entertainment purposes was completely LEGAL.

Not at all. The ruling is just a determination of what a ticket is - admittance to a building - not some sort of guarantee of the specifics of the experience.

That doesn't mean that fraud would be legal at all.

loochy 12-09-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10263049)

I wasn't dodging. I thought it was obvious.

The push is from the NFL offices, from the commissioner down. The refs care because their superiors care because there is a lot of money on the line, especially with the Vegas connection.

Eleazar 12-09-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 10263060)
We can make a test case. There's not a chance in hell the NFL would want Seattle, with their repeated PED and other drug violations, anywhere near the Super Bowl. So let's see if some controversial call goes against them.

You mean like when they played the Steelers, and the referees were doing everything they could to help the Steelers besides wearing black and yellow?

TheUte 12-09-2013 10:23 AM

I don't want to believe it, but the refereeing is having is effecting games. Off the top of my head bad/questionable calls changed 2 games yesterday.

Bearcat 12-09-2013 10:23 AM

I think Rain Man said it best...

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=322

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10059602)
I don't actually believe that NFL games or seasons are rigged. As you say, it's too hard to do. "Hey, Vinatieri, we're going to need you to make a 48-yard field goal in the snow next week."

I do think that there are "league favorites" among the media, and that can subtly influence league management and officiating. Who was the player that Goodell urged to sign with a New York team a few years ago? And no ref wants to be the guy who didn't protect Peyton Manning or Tom Brady from a hit.

I also think that the league management roots for certain teams for marketing purposes. It gets a lot more coverage when John Elway wins a Super Bowl than Chris Chandler, so it means more dollars for the league. That's why the league picks occasional guys to market heavily (e.g., Elway, Eli Manning) even when their performance doesn't warrant that level of coverage. Does that mean the league cheats? Probably not, emphasis on probably.

My deepest conspiracy theory is that the refs could have orders to keep some games close and "give Peyton a chance to win it in the end" for marketing purposes, but I'd be hard-pressed to provide proof that it actually happens.

Reerun_KC 12-09-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

NOPE

In 2007 a Jets season ticket holder sued the NFL for $185 million and the case reached the US Supreme Court. The Jets fan argued that, all Jets fans are entitled to refunds because they paid for a ticket to a legitimate sporting event. Had he been aware that the games were not real then we would not have gone.

The Judge stated that a ticket to a game only provides you access to the stadium. The fan entered the stadium, witnessed a game, therefore he did not suffer any damages. The fan's lawyer disagreed and argued that the NFL committed consumer fraud.

Exactly why the NFL is heading down the XFL/WWE road map.

ILChief 12-09-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

NOPE

I think he sued the patriots and not the nfl. I believe it had to do with spygate

cosmo20002 12-09-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

NOPE

False. The case was not heard by the Supreme Court and no judge ruled that fixing a game was legal.

Reerun_KC 12-09-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10263071)
You mean like when they played the Steelers, and the referees were doing everything they could to help the Steelers besides wearing black and yellow?

They did everything they could to help "the ballsack rester" win his a superbowl...

I am sure Seattle has a different opinion of the garbage that went on during that superbowl...

Halfcan 12-09-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

But when are those penalties called? Are they drive killers that take points off the board-no. Their Oline blatantly holds every play and also they run the illegal pick plays- The NFl want to see pizza boy in the SB and will do whatever it takes to make it happen.

Eleazar 12-09-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10263082)
False. The case was not heard by the Supreme Court and no judge ruled that fixing a game was legal.

That link is basically just to a post on a discussion forum.

cosmo20002 12-09-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10263089)
That link is basically just to a post on a discussion forum.

It wasn't my link.

His statement about the lawsuit is incorrect though.

cosmo20002 12-09-2013 10:34 AM

It is amazing to me that so many people spend so much money and so much time following a team and a sport where they think the outcome is predetermined or at least rigged to a large degree. That makes no sense to me.

WhiteWhale 12-09-2013 10:39 AM

Oh yeah.

How else can you explain Denver winning with Tebow?

Reerun_KC 12-09-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10263100)
It is amazing to me that so many people spend so much money and so much time following a team and a sport where they think the outcome is predetermined or at least rigged to a large degree. That makes no sense to me.

I think its really just coming to light in the last several years... Now with all the camera angles, social media and ability to see the same stuff that the NFL refs "see". Its making a world of difference.

Many different sets of eyes on it now, unlike 5 years ago...

Nzoner 12-09-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10263093)
It wasn't my link.

His statement about the lawsuit is incorrect though.

My bad,they refused to hear it

http://www.examiner.com/article/supr...g-spygate-suit

"The Supreme Court today decided not to hear the appeal in the lawsuit brought by disgruntled New York Jets fan Carl Mayer against the New England Patriots over the “Spygate” scandal. Mayer, a lawyer, was suing the Patriots on behalf of all Jets’ fans, seeking millions in damages for essentially cheating.

By not hearing this case, the Supreme Court not just upheld the lower court’s dismissal of Mayer’s suit, but in a very real sense helped prove that a league like the NFL could legally fix its own games.

gosampel 12-09-2013 10:52 AM

Money controls everything there is no God only money

cosmo20002 12-09-2013 10:52 AM

Here's another thing--the NFL allowed replay review and ever since has been expanding its use. Now, EVERY scoring play is reviewed, even without a challenge. One of the things that would be easiest for a ref to fudge on is spotting the ball--and that's even reviewable. No, penalties are not reviewable, but the expansion of replay is not the act of a league that is trying to use the refs to alter the game.

durtyrute 12-09-2013 10:53 AM

Billionaire owners are betting millions on these games, they aren't going to put them in the hands of 21-35 year-olds. I think it is fixed for point, just like that old article said.

cosmo20002 12-09-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10263108)
Oh yeah.

I don't think the NFL fixes games, but God is another story.

-King- 12-09-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10263035)

Seriously?
Posted via Mobile Device

cosmo20002 12-09-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10263114)
I think its really just coming to light in the last several years... Now with all the camera angles, social media and ability to see the same stuff that the NFL refs "see". Its making a world of difference.

Many different sets of eyes on it now, unlike 5 years ago...

And you know why there are so many set of eyes--because the NFL allows it. If they were worried about the crooked refs carrying out NFL orders, they wouldn't have a replay from almost every conceivable angle.

You also seem to be leaving out something. There's a million things the refs need to watch, and there are a lot of big, fast guys running around. They are going to miss some stuff, no question. There will even be some big ****-ups. That doesn't mean it's rigged.

BlackHelicopters 12-09-2013 11:02 AM

No.

cosmo20002 12-09-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 10263115)
My bad,they refused to hear it

http://www.examiner.com/article/supr...g-spygate-suit

"The Supreme Court today decided not to hear the appeal in the lawsuit brought by disgruntled New York Jets fan Carl Mayer against the New England Patriots over the “Spygate” scandal. Mayer, a lawyer, was suing the Patriots on behalf of all Jets’ fans, seeking millions in damages for essentially cheating.

By not hearing this case, the Supreme Court not just upheld the lower court’s dismissal of Mayer’s suit, but in a very real sense helped prove that a league like the NFL could legally fix its own games.

This whole statement is just false. It's just pure non-legal opinion by the writer.

ping2000 12-09-2013 11:03 AM

Certain teams have figured it out:

1. Refs can't look everywhere at everything. Design your offense to bend/break the rules. You don't get caught every time.
2. Make sure your players bitch on every incompletion. You'll get some.
3. If you have a star QB, you get the benefit if the doubt on some calls.

Not fixed, just sucks.

wazu 12-09-2013 11:05 AM

Wow. 40% of Chiefsplaneteers actually believe the NFL is rigged, but they watch anyway?

Rain Man 12-09-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10263100)

Wrestling?

cosmo20002 12-09-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 10263163)
Certain teams have figured it out:

1. Refs can't look everywhere at everything. Design your offense to bend/break the rules. You don't get caught every time.
2. Make sure your players bitch on every incompletion. You'll get some.
3. If you have a star QB, you get the benefit if the doubt on some calls.

Not fixed, just sucks.

I think this is a reasonable take. And it doesn't come close to being the same as the game being rigged or directed by the NFL.

mschiefs1984 12-09-2013 11:08 AM

I think the NFL does have some teams get the benefit of the doubt but it's not to the point where you can't beat them. I think the NFL allows Denvers O line to get away with murder for their holds to keep Manning healthy. But I don't think they go into games saying this team has to win

cosmo20002 12-09-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10263174)
Wrestling?

Stopped watching about 8th grade.

KC_Lee 12-09-2013 11:11 AM

How many pick plays does Denver run every game vs. how many times the refs throw a flag. There's your answer.

cosmo20002 12-09-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 10263168)
Wow. 40% of Chiefsplaneteers actually believe the NFL is rigged, but they watch anyway?

Makes no sense at all. Especially with how upset people get about roster choices, playcalling, etc. If you know the outcome is predetermined, why get so pissed about the details?

Rain Man 12-09-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 10263168)

I voted rigged, but that's not really my definition. I think it's tilted, but not outright rigged. At least not yet.

KC_Lee 12-09-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10263184)
Makes no sense at all. Especially with how upset people get about roster choices, playcalling, etc. If you know the outcome is predetermined, why get so pissed about the details?

Don't thinks it's predetermined but the NFL would love to see certian teams with certian players suceed over other teams. The refs are the easiest way to help that along.

Fixed? No. Underhanded? Yes.

Rain Man 12-09-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10263178)
Stopped watching about 8th grade.

I'm just pointing out that there's precedent for a sport to transition from sport to scripted entertainment and not only retain viewership but increase it dramatically.

Tombstone RJ 12-09-2013 11:15 AM

I totally agree. I remember a game back at camerohead where kc won after a kick return for a TD. On that play the ref was standing right in front of a Broncos player who was blocked in the back by the cheat'n chiefs. No flag. But, it gets better. There was a few more block in the backs that also didn't get flagged and kc ended up winning that game. cheat'n chiefs gonna cheat some.

dirk digler 12-09-2013 11:16 AM

I don't think it is fixed like the WWE but I feel pretty confidant in saying that the star players get star treatment.

cosmo20002 12-09-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10263186)
I voted rigged, but that's not really my definition. I think it's tilted, but not outright rigged. At least not yet.

I set out the definition for the purposes of the poll. And now you've ruined the whole thing.

KC_Lee 12-09-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10263194)
I don't think it is fixed like the WWE but I feel pretty confidant in saying that the star players get star treatment.

And desired player match ups, i.e. Brady vs. Manning in the AFC Championship.

Rain Man 12-09-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10263193)
I totally agree. I remember a game back at camerohead where kc won after a kick return for a TD. On that play the ref was standing right in front of a Broncos player who was blocked in the back by the cheat'n chiefs. No flag. But, it gets better. There was a few more block in the backs that also didn't get flagged and kc ended up winning that game. cheat'n chiefs gonna cheat some.

That play was too exciting to call a penalty on. It would have damaged the marketing value. Just like there's a great marketing value in having Elway win a championship as a GM, so it's going to happen. Congratulations to you on the success of your chosen NFL industrial division.

Rain Man 12-09-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 10263195)
I set out the definition for the purposes of the poll. And now you've ruined the whole thing.

And I feel badly about that.

scho63 12-09-2013 11:19 AM

I don't think the NFL is rigged but I do think the refs feel pressure from certain teams and superstar players to call more penalties on their behalf.

Yesterday there were at least two HORRIBLE calls that probably changed the outcome of the game.

The FAKE pass interference call on the Browns at the end of the game that gave the Pats a first and goal.

The FAKE pass interference call on the Vikings when the Ravens player tripped on his own that negated a game ending INT for the Vikings with little time left.

I heard there were a few more but probably not as big as these two.

I think this year's referees have been some of the worst I've ever seen. The roughing the passer call on Flowers earlier this year when he brushed feet with the QB was so bad.

I think the NFL has a problem developing because it's getting worse, not better.

Mile High Mania 12-09-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 10262991)
No. But favorable players get favorable calls. Peyton Manning vs Bernard Pollard, who do you think will get the call. Brady vs Suh... pretty much any QB and the majority of wr's over db's.

Bad example - Pollard has a history and those 2 personal fouls on Pollard yesterday were well earned.

cosmo20002 12-09-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 10263196)
And desired player match ups, i.e. Brady vs. Manning in the AFC Championship.

So Brady vs. Manning (two of the best QBs ever) in the AFC Championship is most likely the result not of being great players on good teams, but of NFL manipulation?

dirk digler 12-09-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 10263200)
I don't think the NFL is rigged but I do think the refs feel pressure from certain teams and superstar players to call more penalties on their behalf.

Yesterday there were at least two HORRIBLE calls that probably changed the outcome of the game.

The FAKE pass interference call on the Browns at the end of the game that gave the Pats a first and goal.

The FAKE pass interference call on the Vikings when the Ravens player tripped on his own that negated a game ending INT for the Vikings with little time left.

I heard there were a few more but probably not as big as these two.

I think this year's referees have been some of the worst I've ever seen. The roughing the passer call on Flowers earlier this year when he brushed feet with the QB was so bad.

I think the NFL has a problem developing because it's getting worse, not better.

There have been alot of bad calls this year. The Pats got screwed earlier this year as well though.

Also I think some NFL refrees are horrible, for example Jeff Triplett. He should have been fired along time ago. He is ****ing awful.
Quote:

How is Jeff Triplette still an NFL referee? Triplette has been an NFL referee since 1999. He has consistently been the worst ref in the business. What we usually see from Triplette is general incompetence, things like what he did last week in Washington, when he failed to notice that the down marker had wrongly been changed to first down late in the game. But what we saw on Sunday in Cincinnati was even worse: Triplette used replay to reverse a correct ruling on the field, giving the Bengals a touchdown that they didn’t actually score. Colts defensive tackle Josh Chapman tripped Cincinnati’s BenJarvus Green-Ellis in the backfield, and he was correctly ruled down on the field. But Triplette somehow looked at the replay and called it a touchdown. After the game, Triplette was asked if Chapman tripped Green-Ellis, and Triplette answered, “I don’t know about that.” Um, Jeff? It’s your job to know. It’s totally unacceptable that the NFL keeps trotting Triplette out there, week after week, when he simply isn’t up to the task of being an NFL referee.

Mile High Mania 12-09-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 10263108)
Oh yeah.

Good point, the NFL made things happen like the CHI RB making a poor decision that led to that comeback. Keep trying though. :)

-King- 12-09-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10263087)
But when are those penalties called? Are they drive killers that take points off the board-no. Their Oline blatantly holds every play and also they run the illegal pick plays- The NFl want to see pizza boy in the SB and will do whatever it takes to make it happen.

Yesterday the broncos had a TD taken off the board by a penalty.
Posted via Mobile Device