ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Curious Life of H.L. Hunt (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272984)

mesmith31 05-12-2013 09:24 AM

The Curious Life of H.L. Hunt

1 Attachment(s)
I had been doing some reading on the early supporters of Pat Robertson's 700 club and found some notable contributors that included Holly Coors, wife of the beer magnate and H.L. Hunt, father of Lamar Hunt.

Doing a quick search on H.L. via Wikipedia you find some really interesting factoids. Here are some of the high points:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._L._Hunt

1.) After his cotton plantation was flooded, he turned his last $100 into more than $100,000, gambling in New Orleans.

2.) He secured secured title to what was then the largest known oil deposit in the world (the East Texas Oil Field) , by purchasing it from 'charlatan' Columbus Marion "Dad" Joiner by agreeing to pay him $1,000,000 and protect him from legal entanglements due to how he acquired the land.

3.) Their home to the north of White Rock Lake in Dallas was an exact model of Mount Vernon.

4.) His first son, Hassie, who was expected to succeed him in control of the family business, was lobotomized in response to increasingly erratic behavior. He outlived his father, and was known, for decades following the procedure, to wander the shores of White Rock Lake cloaked in white sheets, as a ghost.

5.) Two other children, William and Bunker, are famous for having purchased much of the world's silver, in an attempt to corner the market. They ultimately owned more silver than any government in the world, before their scheme was discovered and undone. Bunker Hunt was briefly one of the wealthiest men in the world, having discovered and taken title to the Libyan oil fields, before Muammar Gaddafi nationalized the properties.

6.) While still married to Lyda, H. L. Hunt is said to have married Frania Tye of Tampa, Florida in November 1925, using the name Franklin Hunt. Frania claimed to have discovered the bigamous nature of her marriage in 1934, and in a legal settlement in 1941.

7.) Hunt supported and had children by Ruth Ray of Shreveport, Louisiana, whom he met when she was a secretary in his Shreveport office.

beach tribe 05-12-2013 09:38 AM

Wow. What a family.

teedubya 05-12-2013 09:53 AM

So, essentially, the Chiefs cost the Hunt family $100.

BlackHelicopters 05-12-2013 09:59 AM

100 dollars and five decades later, and we still suck.

Stewie 05-12-2013 10:04 AM

You have to remember that Lamar lost $1 million in the first year of the AFL. When his dad was asked how long that sort of loss could go on he replied, "Oh, another 100 years."

bevischief 05-12-2013 10:12 AM

wtf?

beach tribe 05-12-2013 10:14 AM

Gotta give it to dudes who have the Brass to just give bitches a fake name and Pull a double life.

TEX 05-12-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9676825)
100 dollars and five decades later, and we still suck.

ROFL

beach tribe 05-12-2013 10:16 AM

I don't know why this phone likes to capitalize random shit.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 05-12-2013 10:49 AM

Jerry Springer's guests are just eccentric millionaires without money.

Rausch 05-12-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesmith31 (Post 9676801)
4.) His first son, Hassie, who was expected to succeed him in control of the family business, was lobotomized in response to increasingly erratic behavior. He outlived his father, and was known, for decades following the procedure, to wander the shores of White Rock Lake cloaked in white sheets, as a ghost.

And so now we've come full circle and Lamar is now ****ing Joe Kennedy.

:huh:

ChiefsCountry 05-12-2013 11:09 AM

Not to mention JR Ewing's character on Dallas was based on HL Hunt as well.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-12-2013 11:12 AM

His one who sucks the penis progeny Bunker gave a shitload of money to extremist groups, one of which was implicated in Iran Contra.

Rausch 05-12-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9676910)
His one who sucks the penis progeny Bunker gave a shitload of money to extremist groups, one of which was implicated in Iran Contra.

That means what?

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-12-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9676913)
That means what?

That another interesting fact about HL Hunt is that his balls pissed out one of the most nefarious Americans in the last half century.

Mojo Jojo 05-12-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9676909)
Not to mention JR Ewing's character on Dallas was based on HL Hunt as well.

Actually JR was based on Ray Lee Hunt a son of HL Hunt.

Rausch 05-12-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9676916)
That another interesting fact about HL Hunt is that his balls pissed out one of the most nefarious Americans in the last half century.

And your point is?...

Stewie 05-12-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9676910)

Bunker pushed the limit. No more, no less. What's Jamie Dimon doing now?

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-12-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9676935)
Bunker pushed the limit. No more, no less. What's Jamie Dimon doing now?

Being a piece of shit scumbag. Your point?

Stewie 05-12-2013 11:50 AM

Jamie Dimon should be in jail along with hundreds of other banker scumbags. At least Ronald Reagan put these assholes in jail. Obama golfs, bankers walk.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-12-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9676957)
Jamie Dimon should be in jail along with hundreds of other banker scumbags. At least Ronald Reagan put these assholes in jail. Obama golfs, bankers walk.

1) Are you really so desperate for attention that you are trying to turn this into an Obama thread?

2) Are you really so ****ing stupid that you believe that I don't think those assholes should be in jail?

For someone who follows me around like a tick I'd expect something better than the reading comprehension of an arachnid. Show me one post of mine that excuses and/or exonerates anyone in our political process WRT the subprime debacle.

This is almost as embarrassing as the time that you ignorantly and erroneously talked about refresh rates in a draft thread. ****, you're dense.

Stewie 05-12-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9676980)
1) Are you really so desperate for attention that you are trying to turn this into an Obama thread?

2) Are you really so ****ing stupid that you believe that I don't think those assholes should be in jail?

For someone who follows me around like a tick I'd expect something better than the reading comprehension of an arachnid. Show me one post of mine that excuses and/or exonerates anyone in our political process WRT the subprime debacle.

This is almost as embarrassing as the time that you ignorantly and erroneously talked about refresh rates in a draft thread. ****, you're dense.

Huh? I don't "follow" you at all.

Rausch 05-12-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9676980)

What is your point?

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-12-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9677005)
Huh? I don't "follow" you at all.

I'm not surprised at all.

Bowser 05-12-2013 12:24 PM

Wow. The guy sounds like a real piece of shit.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-12-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9677010)
What is your point?

Not sure if serious.

Stewie 05-12-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9677012)
I'm not surprised at all.

"Follow" is a two-edged sword. You picked the wrong edge.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-12-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9677029)
"Follow" is a two-edged sword. You picked the wrong edge.

Which means that you have no response.

Stewie 05-12-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9677031)
Which means that you have no response.

OK, I give up. What the hell are you talking about.

Rausch 05-12-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9677015)
Not sure if serious.

Very.

texaschiefsfan 05-12-2013 12:45 PM

Google JFK and HL Hunt.

Rausch 05-12-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaschiefsfan (Post 9677060)
Google JFK and HL Hunt.

:facepalm:

Mr. Flopnuts 05-12-2013 01:16 PM

I had no idea what a shitbag family this is. Holy shit reading wikipedia, and some of the non cookoo sites that talk about how they came into their money and some of the things they've done with it, Jesus. Oil gangsters. That's pretty much what they are.

Titty Meat 05-12-2013 01:16 PM

The hunts have stole money for decades

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-12-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9677051)
Very.

Then re-read the post; it's pretty self-explanatory.

Rausch 05-12-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9677177)
Then re-read the post; it's pretty self-explanatory.

I still don't get what your point is...

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-12-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9677042)
OK, I give up. What the hell are you talking about.

The stupidity of conflating what I said about Nelson Hunt w/ the Obama administrations lack of bank prosecutions for one, and your history of inserting idiotic non-sequiturs to my replies for another.

Read the first page of this thread:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...ght=mother****

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-12-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9677181)
I still don't get what your point is...

1) I make a post about Nelson Hunt'

2)Stewie replies to me with idiocy saying that at least Reagan prosecuted fraudulent bankers

3) I reply mentioning the idiocy of making this an Obama thread and assuming that I have a viewpoint that is actually the exact opposite of the one I have, I consistent Stewie problem.

I don't see what is so unclear about that post.

Rausch 05-12-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9677188)
The stupidity of conflating what I said about Nelson Hunt w/ the Obama administrations lack of bank prosecutions for one, and your history of inserting idiotic non-sequiturs to my replies for another.

Read the first page of this thread:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...ght=mother****

So the Hunts are reeruned rich and treat their franchise like a hobby?

Because they're so reeruned rich that's what it is to them?

DUH...

Is that the point or are you bringing some sideways-Alex-Smith-they're-all-snake-people angle to it?...

-King- 05-12-2013 01:33 PM

This thread turned out well.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-12-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9677199)
So the Hunts are reeruned rich and treat their franchise like a hobby?

Because they're so reeruned rich that's what it is to them?

DUH...

Is that the point or are you bringing some sideways-Alex-Smith-they're-all-snake-people angle to it?...

That's not what I said or implied at all. I don't know if you're drunk or trolling at this point, but I'll reply one last time:

This is a thread about the scumbaggery of HL Hunt.

I added an anecdote about one of his sons. He was a scumbag.

*Makes claim of scumbaggery. Supports claim with evidence. Moves on*

Freud once said sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Stop looking for an oblique meaning and read my actual posts for their literal content. Don't try and imbue some kind of figurative narrative that's not there.

scho63 05-12-2013 02:20 PM

So many of the early fortunes and great family old money wealth in this country was acquired by nefarious means. The stories of some of the old timers and what scum bags they were are incredible.

People like Rockefeller and Kennedy were mean. cheap, and criminals

beach tribe 05-12-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 9677321)
So many of the early fortunes and great family old money wealth in this country was acquired by nefarious means. The stories of some of the old timers and what scum bags they were are incredible.

People like Rockefeller and Kennedy were mean. cheap, and criminals

This. Most everyone with ridiculous wealth had ancestors that did something inhuman to get it.