ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs Are "Begging" To Get Out Of 1st Pick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272119)

houstonwhodat 04-15-2013 12:03 PM

Chiefs Are "Begging" To Get Out Of 1st Pick

According to this reporter at SB Nation, the Chiefs are "begging" to get out of the 1st pick in the draft.

April 15th:

"The Kansas City Chiefs earned the top spot in the NFL Draft with their 2-14 record last season, but it seems increasingly likely that they won't be the ones to actually make the first selection: Mike Freeman of CBS writes that the Chiefs are "begging" for the opportunity to move the pick."

"It's no surprise that the Kansas City Chiefs are open to trades for the No. 1 pick. They've already traded for a quarterback in Alex Smith, and the near-consensus best player available, Luke Joeckel, doesn't seem to be inspiring huge amounts of excitement in Kansas City, especially since Branden Albert has been a solid option for them at the position ever since they used their first-round pick on him in 2008. It is a little bit surprising how open they seem to be about it. Andy Reid said the team was open to it all the way back in February, and GM John Dorsey made similar statements a few weeks ago. But that's nothing compared to all the rumors of behind-the-scenes machinations trying to trade the pick. For what it's worth, Dan Kadar of Mocking the Draft said moving the pick was a "dream scenario" when he analyzed the Chiefs' choices in February."

"No team has traded a No. 1 pick since 2004 when the Chargers traded Eli Manning to the Giants, but that was a different scenario, as Manning had publicly stated he wouldn't play for the Chargers. Despite the ultimatum, they were still able to get a good haul for him - the fourth pick in that draft, Phillip Rivers, as well as first and third-round picks in 2005. The Rams were able to get an arm and a leg from the Redskins for the second pick in last year's draft, receiving last year's No. 6 pick and a second-rounder as well as first-round picks in this upcoming draft and in 2014. However, those trades were both for franchise-caliber quarterbacks, something this class has a dearth of."

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/4/1...ing-trade-down

L.A. Chieffan 04-15-2013 12:04 PM

We're pretty much set. We can do whatever we want, thats what is great about our position

Mr_Tomahawk 04-15-2013 12:05 PM

Trade that shit to the Jets.

mcaj22 04-15-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9588263)
We're pretty much set. We can do whatever we want, thats what is great about our position

actually we can't

if every other team knows we are desperate to trade out, they will force us to make a pick there. Why give up any value to a team that is in need of it, if they can wait til pick 2,3,4,5 etc to do it.

Essentially teams are going to force our hand, we will be forced to select a player and that is that.

RealSNR 04-15-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

It's no surprise that the Kansas City Chiefs are open to trades for the No. 1 pick. They've already traded for a quarterback in Alex Smith, and the near-consensus best player available, Luke Joeckel, doesn't seem to be inspiring huge amounts of excitement in Kansas City, especially since Branden Albert has been a solid option for them at the position ever since they used their first-round pick on him in 2008.
I mean, if Reid/Dorsey would have listened to Chiefs Planet, they wouldn't have this problem.

We warned them about this and they made the Smith trade anyway. And NOW they're like, "But the 1st overall pick is a terrible thing to waste on Luke Joeckel."

I sometimes think NFL GMs get so blinded by their "process" that the simple things in a draft/offseason can blindside them. It seems like the Chiefs said, "Who the **** cares, just get Alex. There's gotta be a 1st overall calibre player for us." And when there wasn't, they got caught with their pants down like a bunch of bitches.

Chief_For_Life58 04-15-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9588269)
actually we can't

if every other team knows we are desperate to trade out, they will force us to make a pick there. Why give up any value to a team that is in need of it, if they can wait til pick 2,3,4,5 etc to do it.

Essentially teams are going to force our hand, we will be forced to select a player and that is that.

Geno "Chocolate Thunder Dick" Smith

morphius 04-15-2013 12:10 PM

We could let the time run out, and sit till we get where we want or somebody want to jump someone and trades with us. Not sure if it is legal, not sure if it is even a good idea, but it would be crazy to watch someone try it once.

Old Dog 04-15-2013 12:11 PM

Legal, yes....good idea no

DTLB58 04-15-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

actually we can't

Or forced to to take a lot less to trade out.

You decide Dorsey/Reid make the pick or trade out for less than market value on a normal year?

Deberg_1990 04-15-2013 12:17 PM

heh, its a facinating dilemma because the Chiefs are desperate to move out, and nobody wants to move up because there isnt a player worthy of moving up to get.

Who caves?

Marcellus 04-15-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9588272)
I mean, if Reid/Dorsey would have listened to Chiefs Planet, they wouldn't have this problem.

We warned them about this and they made the Smith trade anyway. And NOW they're like, "But the 1st overall pick is a terrible thing to waste on Luke Joeckel."

I sometimes think NFL GMs get so blinded by their "process" that the simple things in a draft/offseason can blindside them. It seems like the Chiefs said, "Who the **** cares, just get Alex. There's gotta be a 1st overall calibre player for us." And when there wasn't, they got caught with their pants down like a bunch of bitches.

So by your logic because there isn't a person worth a shit at #1 overall (and there isn't) they SHOULDN"T have traded for Alex Smith.

You are going to make a great GM for the Raiders one day.

morphius 04-15-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 9588278)
Legal, yes....good idea no

I meant to say that it was probably a very bad idea. But in a year when all the top 5 picks are meh, watching a bunch of teams sitting on their hands could make this more entertaining then watching us pick a LT.

BigCatDaddy 04-15-2013 12:19 PM

Geno is the only player that makes sense at #1 with his possible upside. They are making shit too complicated.

Canofbier 04-15-2013 12:19 PM

I don't like the wording used here, but I'll bet it's true. The player we'll get out of our first draft pick is almost identical, whether he's taken at 1.1, 1.4, or even 1.8 or later. I'm still hoping that we take Geno, but I don't expect it at all; that being the case, I just want us to trade back and recoup as much value as is possible in a class with a lack of elite talent.

gblowfish 04-15-2013 12:22 PM

We should go all North Korea on the rest of the NFL and threaten to draft Geno unless somebody steps up with a deal right freaking NOW!!!

ceebz 04-15-2013 12:25 PM

These idiots thought all along that it would be easy to trade out and recoup that 2.34 pick. I guarantee that was their reason for overpaying for our brokedick retread that we have at QB.

Oops.

Sassy Squatch 04-15-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9588286)
So by your logic because there isn't a person worth a shit at #1 overall (and there isn't) they SHOULDN"T have traded for Alex Smith.

Yeah don't really understand that either.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2013 12:29 PM

Good. I hope nobody takes the mother****er. Makes selecting the QB a no-brainer. Feels like history.
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR 04-15-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

No. There's ONE player worth the #1 overall pick. A QB.

Need met value at that pick and Reid/Dorsey avoided it.

Now they have a pick that meets neither need nor value and want to get out of it.

HMMMM WHO COULD HAVE SAW THIS COMING

Sassy Squatch 04-15-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9588327)

Now they have a pick that meets neither need nor value and want to get out of it.

No QB worth the 1st in their opinion. That's been Abu dantly clear for a while.

ptlyon 04-15-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

We still NEED a qb that will finish the season. Is Chase that guy? I don't think so...

ptlyon 04-15-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

We still NEED a qb that will finish the season. Is Chase that guy? I don't think so...

RealSNR 04-15-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9588330)

It's not abundantly clear unless you can invent truth serum and force Andy or John to spill their guts.

Reports have ranged all over the ****ing place on what they think of this draft class as have their words publicly.

And we'll probably never REALLY know what they really think of Geno Smith. We can pretty fairly say that Andy Reid has some bizarre attraction to Alex Smith. It's the only thing that's been consistent this offseason from what he's told us. If that's true, you don't know if he thought Geno Smith was or was not worth the #1 overall pick.

To put it another way, if the Chiefs trade out of the pick or take a non-LT, does that mean Reid/Dorsey thought that neither Joeckel or Fisher were worth the #1 overall pick? Not necessarily.

That strain of bullshit is only being assumed by people when it comes to the QBs because that's apparently what you do this offseason. Shit on the QBs in the draft. It's fun!

King_Chief_Fan 04-15-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

ROFL

L.A. Chieffan 04-15-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

actually we can't

if we want to trade out we'll trade out. or we can take the guy we want. cant be in a better postion than that. plus we got qb locked up and our team is looking pretty good all of the sudden. looking pretty good

MahiMike 04-15-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9588276)
We could let the time run out, and sit till we get where we want or somebody want to jump someone and trades with us. Not sure if it is legal, not sure if it is even a good idea, but it would be crazy to watch someone try it once.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Let the time lapse, Jax picks 1st, and then maybe some teams would try to trade with us.

Chief_For_Life58 04-15-2013 12:45 PM

no team will trade with us. the top 5 players arent worth trading up for. Geno will be ours

BigCatDaddy 04-15-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9588354)
This is exactly what I was thinking. Let the time lapse, Jax picks 1st, and then maybe some teams would try to trade with us.

Any why the **** would you do that?

Sassy Squatch 04-15-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9588337)
It's not abundantly clear unless you can invent truth serum and force Andy or John to spill their guts.

Reports have ranged all over the ****ing place on what they think of this draft class as have their words publicly.

And we'll probably never REALLY know what they really think of Geno Smith. We can pretty fairly say that Andy Reid has some bizarre attraction to Alex Smith. It's the only thing that's been consistent this offseason from what he's told us. If that's true, you don't know if he thought Geno Smith was or was not worth the #1 overall pick.

To put it another way, if the Chiefs trade out of the pick or take a non-LT, does that mean Reid/Dorsey thought that neither Joeckel or Fisher were worth the #1 overall pick? Not necessarily.

That strain of bullshit is only being assumed by people when it comes to the QBs because that's apparently what you do this offseason. Shit on the QBs in the draft. It's fun!

What? When have I shit on Geno this off season?

cockeyes 04-15-2013 12:56 PM

Reid and Dorsey really overplayed our hand on Alex Smith. It's too bad we didn't wait to consummate that deal on draft day.

These 2013 QB prospects are going to drop like stones

Coogs 04-15-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockeyes (Post 9588389)
Reid and Dorsey really overplayed our hand on Alex Smith. It's too bad we didn't wait to consummate that deal on draft day.

Wasn't going to happen. Smith had roster bonuses due from the 69ers on March 12th. They were going to keep him if they paid them.

BigCatDaddy 04-15-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cockeyes (Post 9588389)
These 2013 QB prospects are going to drop like stones

I still think 3 or 4 go in the 1st.

RealSNR 04-15-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9588371)
What? When have I shit on Geno this off season?

I wasn't talking about you.

MahiMike 04-15-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9588361)
Any why the **** would you do that?

Because nobody wants to trade up to #1. But they would trade up to #2 at a reduced cost. The draft sheet is moot now with the rookie salary cap. We could get our 2nd rounder back with not much else compensation and still come out ahead.

Messier 04-15-2013 01:15 PM

Everyone is assuming the Chiefs overplayed their hand with Smith. I think it's as likely, if not more so, that there was an early strong market for Smith. The 49ers I'm sure set the price for Smith. The Chiefs didn't call and say, "We'll give you two seconds for Alex. What do you say?" I'm. Sure it was more the 49ers telling teams what it'll take to trade for him, and I'll bet they started with a first rounder.

I remember several teams releasing statements, saying they weren't pursuing Smith, and just a few days later it leaked that the Chiefs had a deal in place. I think those teams probably DID pursue him, but the Chiefs won out. Smith did say there were a number of interested teams.

BlackHelicopters 04-15-2013 01:17 PM

Got to have a trade partner. Someone has to be convinced the dude they want won't be around. We are stuck. The mantra is the same:Bad year to be 1:1.

Nickel D 04-15-2013 01:19 PM

Clark, Scotty, and Andy became desperate to trade the pick away when they just recently realized that Leon Sandcastle is Deion Sanders in disguise.

Marcellus 04-15-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

No its obvious that isn't the case or else KC would have a trade partner already and the Raiders and Cards wouldn't have made moves for QB's.

If Geno was so good we wouldn't be in this situation. What part of that is hard for you to comprehend?

Geno may be the best QB prospect in this draft but NOBODY thinks he is worth the #1 pick. JFC wise up.

RealSNR 04-15-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9588471)
No its obvious that isn't the case or else KC would have a trade partner already and the Raiders and Cards wouldn't have made moves for QB's.

If Geno was so good we wouldn't be in this situation. What part of that is hard for you to comprehend?

Geno may be the best QB prospect in this draft but NOBODY thinks he is worth the #1 pick. JFC wise up.

Teams don't want to trade up for him because he isn't Luck or RGIII. Not because he isn't worth the #1.

SOMEBODY in this class has to go at that top spot. Are you saying that player is Luke ****ing Joeckel? One of the mediocre pass rushers? Give me a ****ing break.

NFL teams think like this because coaches and GMs get fired if they make bad picks. Geno is "TWO RISKEE111!" for them as a QB. But in terms of players who can even sniff the significant impact that that the #1 overall pick will be worth?

It's Geno. And you don't know what NFL teams think. This time of the year it's impossible to know based on what they do.

RunKC 04-15-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9588337)

Actions speak louder than words and so far the Chiefs have shown those actions which state abundantly "we don't want Geno".

Marcellus 04-15-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9588498)
Teams don't want to trade up for him because he isn't Luck or RGIII. Not because he isn't worth the #1.

SOMEBODY in this class has to go at that top spot. Are you saying that player is Luke ****ing Joeckel? One of the mediocre pass rushers? Give me a ****ing break.

NFL teams think like this because coaches and GMs get fired if they make bad picks. Geno is "TWO RISKEE111!" for them as a QB. But in terms of players who can even sniff the significant impact that that the #1 overall pick will be worth?

It's Geno. And you don't know what NFL teams think. This time of the year it's impossible to know based on what they do.

So then why the diatribe on how Reid and Dorsey got caught with their pants down?

Fact is if they didn't want Geno they had to make a move for a QB.

That and the #1 pick are not mutually exclusive.

RealSNR 04-15-2013 01:28 PM

If Matt Stafford (a shitty QB that people on this board have a bizarre fascination with) were the top QB available in the draft, how do you know Andy Reid still wouldn't have made the Alex Smith trade?

You heard him talking. It's likely (again, I don't know for sure) that he intended to make the Smith trade no matter WHO was the top QB in the draft outside of an Andrew Luck.

RealSNR 04-15-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9588510)
So then why the diatribe on how Reid and Dorsey got caught with their pants down?

Fact is if they didn't want Geno they had to make a move for a QB.

That and the #1 pick are not mutually exclusive.

Because they paid out the ass for a guy nobody really wanted. They got played by teams and were forced to overbid for a shitty QB.

That's just as bad as "overdrafting" Geno at #1. If not worse, because there is INSANE amounts of draft value at that 2nd round pick this year. There's almost nothing at #1 overall.

The fact is that John Dorsey was trying to play Uncle Ron Wolf in these negotiations and wound up doing the exact OPPOSITE of a Ron Wolf strategy.

WV 04-15-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9588519)
Because they paid out the ass for a guy nobody really wanted. They got played by teams and were forced to overbid for a shitty QB.

That's just as bad as "overdrafting" Geno at #1. If not worse, because there is INSANE amounts of draft value at that 2nd round pick this year. There's almost nothing at #1 overall.

The fact is that John Dorsey was trying to play Uncle Ron Wolf in these negotiations and wound up doing the exact OPPOSITE of a Ron Wolf strategy.

:clap:

Still cracks me up that people can still justify the fleecing we took in the Average Smith trade. Let's take a T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HemiEd 04-15-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9588330)

You still buying that crap?

What has Abu dantly clear for 30 years, is that the Chiefs will not be picking a QB in the first round, no matter the circumstances.

loochy 04-15-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9588585)
You still buying that crap?

What has Abu dantly clear for 30 years, is that the Chiefs will not be picking a QB in the first round, no matter the circumstances.

Who is Abu Dantly? Is that the guy that runs the gas station on the corner?

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/by...background.jpg

Sassy Squatch 04-15-2013 01:49 PM

**** the lot of you. N and the space button are too damn close on the phone

ptlyon 04-15-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9588601)
**** the lot of you. N and the space button are too damn close on the phone

You should focus in the workplace

Sassy Squatch 04-15-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9588637)
You should focus in the workplace

3rd shift bro.

Tribal Warfare 04-15-2013 02:13 PM

I could see KC trading down twice with the Eagles and then the Dolphins to recoup picks

HemiEd 04-15-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9588593)
Who is Abu Dantly? Is that the guy that runs the gas station on the corner?

http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/by...background.jpg

That was my assumption from the poster I quoted, good call.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9588353)
if we want to trade out we'll trade out. or we can take the guy we want. cant be in a better postion than that. plus we got qb locked up and our team is looking pretty good all of the sudden. looking pretty good

The outcome of QB is "uncertain overall" at best. Nothing at this point is truly locked up. But then again, you supported the lamest QB in recent franchise history, so...
Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod 04-15-2013 02:47 PM

I've said it before, but I think the answer is to draft Geno and then raffle his ass to the top bidder. If there isn't a top bidder, then just keep him.

Both options are better than negotiating from a shit position.

RealSNR 04-15-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 9588647)
3rd shift bro.

C'mon man! 3rd shift is when you gotta be at your best! That's where legends and heroes are made!

beach tribe 04-15-2013 03:02 PM

I would seriously say **** the value system, and take the best offer I got.
It's a broken system anyway.

Marcellus 04-15-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9588519)

Nobody wanted Smith but Kolb and Palmer have changed teams as well? Ok.

RealSNR 04-15-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9589004)

Kolb and Palmer are irrelevant. Those teams aren't investing in those guys as long-term solutions in the slightest, and if they are, they're far dumber than a Chiefs fan who wanted Geno over Alex.

ct 04-15-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douchemaster General (Post 9588918)
I've said it before, but I think the answer is to draft Geno and then raffle his ass to the top bidder. If there isn't a top bidder, then just keep him.

I gave up on Geno when we coughed up too much for Alex Smith, but am seriously leaning this direction myself lately. Go bold or go home. We've sat on our thumbs for too many seasons now.

Honestly I'm 100% in the move down to recoup 2nd round pick, even if it's much less then the old 'trade chart' value. To a point that is. If Miami calls and offers #12 and #42 that aint nearly enough. Philly with #4 and #35, absolutely. Not really sure where my in between cutoff is before I say F* it and draft Geno, start manning the phones to Jax, Philly, Zona, Oakland, Cleveland, etc, see what shakes out.

Then again, full disclosure, just a few weeks ago I was all on board with Geno #1 as potentially the savior of our franchise QB woes.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9589004)

How many times must this be established? Okay, one more: NOBODY....EXCEPT....FAT BOY...WANTED....ALEX....SMITH. Can you hear me now?
Posted via Mobile Device

beach tribe 04-15-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9589041)
How many times must this be established? Okay, one more: NOBODY....EXCEPT....FAT BOY...WANTED....ALEX....SMITH. Can you hear me now?
Posted via Mobile Device

You don't know that.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9589054)
You don't know that.

I know I bought a new pimp hat today. So there's that. Pimp Hat knows...
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9589054)
You don't know that.

And don't go "Cassel" on me again. LEARN from your past.
Posted via Mobile Device

Messier 04-15-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9589041)
Posted via Mobile Device

That's not what Alex Smith said. You could choose to think he was lying if you want, don't know why he would.

Why would no one want the best QB available?

Ebolapox 04-15-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9589094)
That's not what Alex Smith said. You could choose to think he was lying if you want, don't know why he would.

Why would no one want the best QB available?

oh, you mean why would Alex Smith say, during a press conference introducing him to his new city, that he CHOSE said city?

I don't have any idea. it makes no sense to me, you'd think he'd want to take a shit all over new city before playing a snap.

:spock:

beach tribe 04-15-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9589080)
And don't go "Cassel" on me again. LEARN from your past.
Posted via Mobile Device

LMFAO.

"I'M FULLY ONBOARD"ROFL

RNR 04-15-2013 03:27 PM

I have read Oakland is interested in bailing out of the 3rd pick. They report there is little interest in a very weak top side of this draft~

Messier 04-15-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9589102)
oh, you mean why would Alex Smith say, during a press conference introducing him to his new city, that he CHOSE said city?

I don't have any idea. it makes no sense to me, you'd think he'd want to take a shit all over new city before playing a snap.

:spock:

I see your :spock: and raise you a :spock: :spock:

What are you talking about? How is it taking a dump on your new city to say several teams were pursuing him?

ct 04-15-2013 03:31 PM

Sirius/XM NFL just now talking about KC taking Geno #1, how Alex Smith would be like WTF?

But more realistic saying Andy Reid will take a prospect, mentioning Dysert.
Alex Smith needs confidence, blah blah, if you take high QB his confidence will be shot, blah blah blah
Need to keep up the idea we might just to keep #2 and #3 on their toes
Again they say they'll be very shocked if it's not LT Joeckel

Also that guys in Jax DID NOT draft Gabbert, so no shock if they take Geno, but guys in KC DID TRADE for Alex Smith, so not likely they ALSO draft Geno.

commercial break...

RealSNR 04-15-2013 03:32 PM

"Kansas City had everything I was looking for in a new team."

Read: No Colin Kaepernick and a good quilting circle for my wife.

Messier 04-15-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9589149)
"Kansas City had everything I was looking for in a new team."

Read: No Colin Kaepernick and a good quilting circle for my wife.

I think it was all about playing for Reid.

In58men 04-15-2013 03:35 PM

We'll be the only team in history with the 1st pick to have a horrible draft. No 2nd rounder and some depth with the 3rd pick lol. We suck

RealSNR 04-15-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9589159)
I think it was all about playing for Reid.

And the quilting circle. San Francisco apparently sucks for that kind of thing if you don't want to quilt with a bunch of dirty mangy hippies who do shit like shower with baking soda instead of soap.

Messier 04-15-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 9589165)
We'll be the only team in history with the 1st pick to have a horrible draft. No 2nd rounder and some depth with the 3rd pick lol. We suck

It's never happened before. Chiefs making sucky history./ Raiders 2007 draft

mcaj22 04-15-2013 03:42 PM

you would think they would be able to package the #1 overall pick and Albert to a team like the Dolphins, Chargers, Cardinals etc

get a future first, swap this years 1 and pick up a 2nd, 3rd, 4th or a player something

take below market value but make it a package, we will drop down in the draft we can then use that stupid BPA philosophy in that range for round 1, grab a starter in the 2nd round, grab two more starters in the 3rd and we have a haul of players that SHOULD be plug and play for 2013 at our holes.

I say should be plug and play because I thought Scott ***** was drafting plug and play players for four years too in rounds 1-3 and instead he was drafting raw developmental projects.

notorious 04-15-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douchemaster General (Post 9588918)

I have said this all along.

It's not win/win, but it is a long ways away from being lose/lose.

Marcellus 04-15-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNR (Post 9589126)
I have read Oakland is interested in bailing out of the 3rd pick. They report there is little interest in a very weak top side of this draft~

What does that say about Geno Smith?

mcaj22 04-15-2013 03:51 PM

Reggie in Oakland comes from the same tree as Dorsey/Reid so if one is begging to trade down I am not surprised the other is since they are using the same philosophies/evaluation pretty much

Bewbies 04-15-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9589202)
you would think they would be able to package the #1 overall pick and Albert to a team like the Dolphins, Chargers, Cardinals etc

get a future first, swap this years 1 and pick up a 2nd, 3rd, 4th or a player something

take below market value but make it a package, we will drop down in the draft we can then use that stupid BPA philosophy in that range for round 1, grab a starter in the 2nd round, grab two more starters in the 3rd and we have a haul of players that SHOULD be plug and play for 2013 at our holes.

I say should be plug and play because I thought Scott ***** was drafting plug and play players for four years too in rounds 1-3 and instead he was drafting raw developmental projects.

A great way to build your team is to trade your high picks for low ones, and trade your best players for lowest possible value.

mcaj22 04-15-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 9589257)
A great way to build your team is to trade your high picks for low ones, and trade your best players for lowest possible value.

making a lateral move for drafting a LT while having a disgruntled veteran LT on a franchise tag is also not a great way to build your team than the way I mentioned.

RNR 04-15-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9589242)
What does that say about Geno Smith?

I have caught some grief over my take on him. I am far from an expert but many agree with me on the fact he is not worthy of a top 5,10 or maybe a top 20 pick~