ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football John Abraham is a Patriot (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271190)

Mr. Laz 03-15-2013 02:33 PM

John Abraham is a Patriot

NFL Draft Insider ‏@NFLDraftInsider
I am told that DE John Abraham is now a New England Patriot.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Hammock Parties 03-15-2013 02:34 PM

WILFORK + ABRAHAM = RAPE

Easy 6 03-15-2013 02:36 PM

They're gonna need a lot more than that, particularly on offense, if they dont get some real playmakers at receiver they're going to be just good enough to lose in the playoffs again.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-15-2013 02:38 PM

They can't draft pass rushers worth a shit so they have to keep bringing in retreads on their last legs hoping to extract value out of them.

That franchise is heading for the crapper and fast.

ArrowheadMagic 03-15-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9502496)
They can't draft pass rushers worth a shit so they have to keep bringing in retreads on their last legs hoping to extract value out of them.

Once Brady retires its over.

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-15-2013 02:42 PM

NFL Draft Insider ‏@NFLDraftInsider

Got told to take that last tweet down about John Abraham and the Pats, but lets just say he is at RT 1 Range Rover in MA right now.

GoChargers 03-15-2013 02:59 PM

Signing old guys on the decline won't actually fix their joke of a defense, and they just lost another Brady security blanket on offense (Woodhead). LOL at the Patsies!

Amnorix 03-15-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9502583)
Signing old guys on the decline won't actually fix their joke of a defense, and they just lost another Brady security blanket on offense (Woodhead). LOL at the Patsies!

If there's ONE team in the NFL that can't call the Patriots under Brady the Patsies, that'd be your Chargers, who have invariably been our whipping boys.

KurtCobain 03-15-2013 03:38 PM

If the chargers and pats played today, it would be a slaughter in favor of Brady.

GoChargers 03-15-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by something cooler (Post 9502699)
If the chargers and pats played today, it would be a slaughter in favor of Brady.

No shit, the Chargers are in a rebuilding process. It'd be embarrassing if the Patsies DIDN'T whoop SD.

KurtCobain 03-15-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9502744)
No shit, the Chargers are in a rebuilding process. It'd be embarrassing if the Patsies DIDN'T whoop SD.

Then shut up and go home.

Chieftain58 03-15-2013 04:21 PM

Old

Pasta Little Brioni 03-15-2013 04:31 PM

Patriot Brokedick Way

BlackHelicopters 03-15-2013 06:07 PM

Now I can sleep tonight.

shocked 03-15-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9502496)

Eh, Chandler Jones had 6 sacks in his first 8 games until he got hurt.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-15-2013 07:33 PM

And the 20 other ****tards they've whiffed on?

shocked 03-15-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9503411)
And the 20 other ****tards they've whiffed on?

Are you replying to me?

Who are these 20 DEs NE allegedly drafted that were bad?

Chieftain58 03-15-2013 09:42 PM

Burp

milkman 03-15-2013 09:51 PM

Bill Bellichick is the luckiest SOB alive.

Won SBs with a defense that built, for the most part, by Pete Carroll, and an elite QB that he stumbled upon in the 6th round.

HMc 03-15-2013 09:55 PM

Freeney is supposed to have visited NE today also. Him Abraham and Wilfork would be a handful, if only for a season or two.

tk13 03-15-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9504284)

Won SBs with a defense that built, for the most part, by Pete Carroll, and an elite QB that he stumbled upon in the 6th round.

Parcells had a big hand in that defense too, at least with the big name guys... Law, McGinest, Malloy, Bruschi.

That's what is funny about it. When they were winning titles the thought was Belichick was the only reason Parcells ever won anything. Fast forward 10 years and Belichick has never won a title without Weis and Crennel. Certainly some luck involved, but they were both competent coordinators, as we saw in Haley's only decent season as HC. Since they left Bill has tried to be the defensive genius, while hiring young offensive minds to act as OC.

Mother****erJones 03-15-2013 10:33 PM

Freeney please sign with NE and **** over Denver. Then Dumervil go somewhere else too

shocked 03-16-2013 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9504284)

Is that avatar of yours talking to you?

Who'd Pete Caroll draft/acquire? Tebucky Jones? LOL.

The defense sucked under him.

milkman 03-16-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shocked (Post 9505211)
Is that avatar of yours talking to you?

Who'd Pete Caroll draft/acquire? Tebucky Jones? LOL.

The defense sucked under him.

My memory may have failed me as to who actually drafted the players, as TK13 has already corected me on that.

The main point, however, still remains that Bellichick hasn't produced the same since those players moved on.

His drafts have been mediocre.

Chiefshrink 03-16-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9502477)
WILFORK + ABRAHAM = RAPE

Past their prime:shake:

Chiefshrink 03-16-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9504592)
Freeney please sign with NE and **** over Denver. Then Dumervil go somewhere else too

That would be nice. And that's what they are thinking out here since they stole Welker away but then Welker was actually giving the finger to Bill;)

shocked 03-16-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9505250)
My memory may have failed me as to who actually drafted the players, as TK13 has already corected me on that.

The main point, however, still remains that Bellichick hasn't produced the same since those players moved on.

That's reeruned. You can't just lose a fleet of pro bowlers on D and expect to move on without missing a beat. Unrealistic expectations, on your part. Oh, and they were just in a SB two years ago. I'd say they've rebuilt, not in all the same areas, but they've rebuilt....

Quote:

His drafts have been mediocre.
Yeah, because their '10 draft of Gronk, Hernandez, McCourtey, Spikes wasn't a, like, a grand slam and already one of the best you'll see all decade....

(Picking up Chandler Jones, Donte Hightower, Dennard just last year looking pretty good, too)

Not that it matters, because you are trying insinuate that drafting All-Pro caliber players (plural), on a regular basis, is somehow a realistic expectation on a yearly basis. That's an utterly reeruned mindset.

It's like watching a baseball game, seeing your favorite player go 3-for-4 with a HR, and then expecting him to do that every game. As if a .750 BA and 162 HRs is a legit benchmark. That kind of game/draft will happen once every-now and then for a great player; but it isn't happening every time. The draft is the same way.

milkman 03-16-2013 10:56 AM

Bellichick has drafted mediocre players on defense, the side of the ball I am talking about, to replace the guys he's inherited.

There have been just a couple of good players mixed in, but no playmakers or difference makers to speak of.

Meanwhile, the Steelers find those guys year after year, regardless of draft position.

shocked 03-16-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9505512)
Bellichick has drafted mediocre players on defense, the side of the ball I am talking about, to replace the guys he's inherited.

1) Oh, did Belichick "inherit" Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, and Asante too? Well, those guys were all drafted SB winners. So, it wasn't just because Belichick inherited some all star D....that somehow Pete Caroll sucked-ass with in regards to his record.

2) Compare those 4 drafted players to the ones Bill inherited: Tedy Bruschi and Ted Johnson were not well known/respected players before Belichick. And McGinest and Ty Law were high round picks, but really weren't living up to expectations until Belichick came along....

Quote:

There have been just a couple of good players mixed in, but no playmakers or difference makers to speak of.

Meanwhile, the Steelers find those guys year after year, regardless of draft position.
Hey genius? The Steelers are in deep crap for this upcoming year. Hmm. Why is that? Oh, yeah? Because so many of their vets are getting old. Sorta the same problem Belichick encountered a few years bach, huh? So, Pit has lost players, and they don't have replacements either. So, where are those easy drafted-replacements you speak of? Yeah, I think Pit is going to experience some bumps in the road. But that's expected. Almost unavoidable, really.

So, The Patriots are in way better shape right now than Pit. Will the Steelers rebound? Sure. But it'll take time.....which was my entire point in regards to NE, as well.

Also, lol. You want to bash "inherited" success, yet you cite The Pittsburgh Steelers as a counter example of this? Don't make me laugh. That team hangs on to old vets longer than anyone.

(Oh, Baltimore's GM, Ozzie Newsome, is the other GM that constantly gets compared to Belichick too. Guess what? He is currently losing a ton of his players; including the two HOF players he inherited (reed+ray) and I guarantee you that Baltimore is going to have some major personnel gaps this year and beyond. So does that make Ozzie a bad GM? Hell no. It's just that anyone who isn't a moron knows that you cannot just draft All-Pros multiple times, year-in and year-out. Duh.)

milkman 03-16-2013 11:58 AM

The Steelers have been among the league leaders consistently since the 90s.

The Ravens have been there for the last 12-13 years.

Meanwhile, the Patriots have floudered among middle of the pack to among the worst for the last 7-8 years.

Bellichick doesn't come close to matching either of those teams on the defensive side.

To his credit, he has done a much better job on the offensive side, overall.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-16-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shocked (Post 9503642)
Are you replying to me?

Jake Becquette
Jermaine Cunningham
Brandon Deaderick
Ron Brace
Myron Pryor
Shawn Crable
Kareem Brown
Justin Rodgers
Ryan Claridge
Marquise Hill
Jeremy Mincey
Kade Weston
Darryl Richard
LeKevin Smith
Ethan Kelly

shocked 03-16-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9505690)
The Steelers have been among the league leaders consistently since the 90s.

The Ravens have been there for the last 12-13 years.

Meanwhile, the Patriots have floudered among middle of the pack to among the worst for the last 7-8 years.

Bellichick doesn't come close to matching either of those teams on the defensive side.

To his credit, he has done a much better job on the offensive side, overall.

Defensive ranking since 2000:
Code:

NE                PIT                BR
Pts                Pts                Pts
9                6                12
15                1                3
8                1                3
5                12                3
8                1                3
4                2                22
2                11                1
17                3                10
2                1                6
1                15                6
17                16                19
6                3                4
17                6                1
------------------------
Average:

8.53                6.0                7.15

ROFL

Heh, I think that avatar is talking to you...

Dumbass!
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/custo...avatar84_4.gif

milkman 03-16-2013 12:41 PM

I don't know where you found those numbers, but in the last 2 years I know that they finished no higher than 25th in team defense.

tk13 03-16-2013 12:54 PM

I am pretty sure they were the worst defense to ever make it to the Super Bowl a couple years ago. They gave up a ton of yards. Part of that though is just how terrible the AFC has been as a whole. I don't think NE even beat a team with a winning record that year until Baltimore in the AFC title game.

shocked 03-16-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shocked (Post 9503642)
Are you replying to me?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9505709)
Jake Becquette
Jermaine Cunningham
Brandon Deaderick
Ron Brace
Myron Pryor
Shawn Crable
Kareem Brown
Justin Rodgers
Ryan Claridge
Marquise Hill
Jeremy Mincey
Kade Weston
Darryl Richard
LeKevin Smith
Ethan Kelly

1) You conveniently ignore Chandler Jones. He's the only 1st rd pick BB has used at DE. Even if we extend it to DT? The other 1sts were Seymour, Warren, Wilfork. Yeah, I'd say he did well.

2) Do you know what a Defensive End is? Because you only listed three of them (Deaderick, Mincey, Hill). The other 11 "DEs" were DTs or LBs.

2) Is there such a thing as a 6th/7th round bust? No. Stop being a dumbass. No teams cashes in on late picks on a frequent basis. So, 10 of your 14 "busts" were low picks.

3) I only see three 2s and a 3rd.....one one of whom (Hill) was an actual DE....

http://www.pro-football-reference.co.../nwe/draft.htm
Code:

Year        Rnd        Pick                      Pos
2003        7        243        Ethan Kelley        DT
2006        6        206        LeKevin Smith        DT
2009        7        234        Darryl Richard        DT
2010        7        248        Kade Weston        DT
2006        6        191        Jeremy Mincey        DE        (Holy Shit! An actual DE! 8 sacks for Jax in '11)
2004        2        63        Marquise Hill        DE        (Um, he died in a boating accident)
2005        5        170        Ryan Claridge        LB
2007        6        180        Justin Rogers        LB
2007        4        127        Kareem Brown        DT
2008        3        78        Shawn Crable        LB        (Wow a 3rd...but not a DE)
2009        6        207        Myron Pryor        DT
2009        2        40        Ron Brace        DT        (Ok he sucked...but not a DE)
2010        7        247        B Deaderick        DE
2010        2        53        J Cunningham        LB        (He's not even that bad, not a DE)

shocked 03-16-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9505788)
I don't know where you found those numbers, but in the last 2 years I know that they finished no higher than 25th in team defense.

Lol, you don't know where I found a stat on points allowed? Only the biggest stats there is on D?

In other words, you have your head up your ass and are in denial over a simple point: The Patriots have done a respectable job re-loading despite losing great veterans...but it's not because any team can just draft multiple Pro Bowlers year-after year. It takes some times. There will be misses along with hits. There will be bumps in the road. Duh.

milkman 03-16-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shocked (Post 9505852)
Lol, you don't know where I found a stat on points allowed? Only the biggest stats there is on D?

In other words, you have your head up your ass and are in denial over a simple point: The Patriots have done a respectable job re-loading despite losing great veterans...but it's not because any team can just draft multiple Pro Bowlers year-after year. It takes some times. There will be misses along with hits. There will be bumps in the road. Duh.

While points allowed is an important metric, it can be affected somewhat by teams being forced to do things they would not otherwise do in an attempt to keep up.

There is no perfect stat to measure any player or team performance.

You have to weigh those in with what you see.

The Patriot defense has been mediocre to pure garbage for a few years, playing in a division that has garbage offenses.

shocked 03-16-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9505825)
I am pretty sure they were the worst defense to ever make it to the Super Bowl a couple years ago. They gave up a ton of yards. Part of that though is just how terrible the AFC has been as a whole. I don't think NE even beat a team with a winning record that year until Baltimore in the AFC title game.

Oh, no!

You mean, after losing a ton of great all-pro veterans, the Patriots D experienced a rough stretch due to personnel gaps? Because you cannot just draft all-pros year-in-and-year out? Get out!

But guess what? Baltimore and Pittsburgh? They are pretty much heading into the same territory that NE just got out of. Guess what? They won't just waive a magic wand in the draft and fill all the holes on their roster; that's just not realistic.

Oh, and Baltimore just ranked 12th in points allowed in 2012; they were already on their way down....I'm sure they'll rebound. It'll take a season or two. They will have bad picks too (like, say, Sergio Kindle or Terrence Cody).

shocked 03-16-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9505878)
While points allowed is an important metric, it can be affected somewhat by teams being forced to do things they would not otherwise do in an attempt to keep up.

There is no perfect stat to measure any player or team performance.

You have to weigh those in with what you see.

The Patriot defense has been mediocre to pure garbage for a few years, playing in a division that has garbage offenses.

Wow, you are so thick-headed. This is you just trying to ignore the obvious, instead of conceding a simple, reasonable, point....

Preventing points is the entire reason a defense steps on a field. The whole point of defense is to not allow points. Now you're trying to dismiss/downplay the stat of points allowed? Good luck with that.

Oh, and the afc east has garbage offenses, you say? Ok, but the afc north is pretty much just as lame on offense. Wouldn't that make Pittsburgh and Baltimore's defensive stats just as fraudulent?...or whatever your obnoxious excuse is..

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-16-2013 01:33 PM

I said pass-rusher, you dumb ****. You're the one unable to discern pass-rusher from DE while talking about the merits of a team that runs a ****ing 3-4.

shocked 03-16-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9505907)
I said pass-rusher, you dumb ****. You're the one unable to discern pass-rusher from DE while talking about the merits of a team that runs a ****ing 3-4.

Since we were talking about Abraham and C. Jones, I thought we were discussing DEs, my apologies.

So, they run a 4-3, now. But if you just want to list "pass rushers," then why did you cite a ton of 2-gap DTs from their 3-4 days? Pass rush is not their skill set. So, overall point still stands: You tried to list 10 guys who were drafted really late and were little more than training camp fodder...

Semantics or not; your list sucked.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-16-2013 01:54 PM

No, they can't draft players worth a **** who would ever rush the passer. Whether it's DEs DTs, or OLBs, over the last nine years, they've absolutely sucked at it, and that's why their defense sucks.

shocked 03-16-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9505969)
No, they can't draft players worth a **** who would ever rush the passer.

....yeah, if you limit it to 6th/7th round picks, the likes of which can be found on any team.

Oh, and if you ignore Chandler Jones; pretty much their only high pick spent on a pass-rusher due to all the vets they recently had on their roster.

Quote:

Whether it's DEs DTs, or OLBs, over the last nine years, they've absolutely sucked at it, and that's why their defense sucks.
NE was ranked 9th in pts last year and have average rank of 8.5 on D since '00. That's a defense that sucks? Or are you just being intentionally dense? I think its the latter.

PornChief 03-16-2013 02:49 PM

shocked has convinced me that Bill Belichick might just be a good coach with a vague idea of what he's doing.