ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs NFLN Rumor: Albert being shopped (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270773)

melbar 03-05-2013 06:46 PM

NFLN Rumor: Albert being shopped

Daniel Jeremiah on NFL TA just said that there is some "talk out there" they franchised Albert to trade him. May have been speculated on other threads, but this is the first I've heard that its actually being discussed around the league. If Reid likes Joekel as much as some say, is a later first plus enough compensation for an established T with some injury concern? Then maybe QB, CB, etc mid to late? May be total B.S., but interesting...

WhitiE 03-05-2013 06:48 PM

I won't like the pick at all, but I'll get over it

Rasputin 03-05-2013 06:48 PM

Can we go one day and think this FO is going keep Brandon Alberts so we don't draft that Joekeloff?

Keep Geno Smith hope alive.

Dante84 03-05-2013 06:49 PM

Don't want it to happen, but I, too, am curious what Albert's worth on the trade market.

I'd like to keep him, though.

KC kid 03-05-2013 06:50 PM

You can't trade albert for anything less than a first. . . he is a top 12-15 left tackle in his prime

melbar 03-05-2013 06:51 PM

Only way I see this is if Reid thinks Joekel is a huge upgrade or Albert just isn't his guy for one reason or another...

Pasta Little Brioni 03-05-2013 06:52 PM

It's coming from the morons that mocked Jekyll to KC and are trying to save face.

Dante84 03-05-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC kid (Post 9468490)
You can't trade albert for anything less than a first. . . he is a top 12-15 left tackle in his prime

Well yeah, but top 10? Mid first? Late?

KCrockaholic 03-05-2013 06:53 PM

NFLN is just making sure the public knows of all the possible options. It's just gossip talk that has no foundation.

SAUTO 03-05-2013 06:54 PM

Again I think this is all the ego maniac Pioli.

He is the one who keeps saying Albert has a back issue that is not going away, he wanted them to draft jayckale, he told Reid to not get locked in on a qb.

It's Pioli guys
Posted via Mobile Device

penbrook 03-05-2013 06:56 PM

Lol that Daniel Jeremiah had us Taking Geno than we signed smith.

Than he had Joeckel but than we signed Albert.

Jeremiah is trying to say that so he doesn't have to be wrong again.

KC kid 03-05-2013 06:57 PM

I thought Jeremiah and Reid were boys?

Bowser 03-05-2013 06:57 PM

Sorry, but this just makes no sense.

We would be willing to trade a legit top ten NFL left tackle that has started at that position for five seasons for a rookie? That would be a lateral move at BEST. Doesn't make good business sense.

Now, if someone bites and you get two first rounders for him, well, that would be hard to walk away from.

OnTheWarpath15 03-05-2013 06:58 PM

Yeah, that would be a great move.

You're essentially moving back into the mid-late 1st round and getting no compensation for it.

Hope to God this is bullshit.

Bowser 03-05-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9468506)
Again I think this is all the ego maniac *****.

He is the one who keeps saying Albert has a back issue that is not going away, he wanted them to draft jayckale, he told Reid to not get locked in on a qb.

It's ***** guys
Posted via Mobile Device

I can believe it, sadly.

Easy 6 03-05-2013 06:59 PM

Yay lets blow a pick on a position already well filled!

SAUTO 03-05-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9468524)
I can believe it, sadly.

I'm not kidding here. I truly believe it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz 03-05-2013 07:00 PM

"Reid likes Joekel as much as some say ..."

so who is 'some'?

i would like to know who Reid told he likes a player at this time of the year.

I mean who is Reid spilling the beans to right now, about this?

Really hard to believe.

melbar 03-05-2013 07:00 PM

Rumor so grain of salt here, but "what if" they like someone like Wilson and believe they can get him in the 20's? Go younger at LT, and get your QB to groom.:shrug:

melbar 03-05-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9468537)

so who is 'some'?

Really hard to believe.

Ya, every time I hear someone say this I wonder the same thing...

Rasputin 03-05-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9468517)
Sorry, but this just makes no sense.

We would be willing to trade a legit top ten NFL left tackle that has started at that position for five seasons for a rookie? That would be a lateral move at BEST. Doesn't make good business sense.

Now, if someone bites and you get two first rounders for him, well, that would be hard to walk away from.

If any deal backfires or not go through Brandon Alberts could be sour apples to the FO. What good is it to piss off a player?

SAUTO 03-05-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9468537)

so who is 'some'?

Really hard to believe.

only person would be Pioli. He was in on the interviews.

Surely some of this was discussed
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser 03-05-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9468519)
Yeah, that would be a great move.

You're essentially moving back into the mid-late 1st round and getting no compensation for it.

Hope to God this is bullshit.

This entire offseason, all we've heard from the mouthbreathing "experts" is how we are doing nothing but targeting Luke Joeckel.

Every move Dorsey has made to this point doesn't add up as gearing to go after a left tackle. Now these "experts" are in scramble mode trying to make sense of our moves while still trying to convince us that they were always right about us taking Joeckel.

It's all crap.

Bowser 03-05-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9468545)
If any deal backfires or not go through Brandon Alberts could be sour apples to the FO. What good is it to piss off a player?

Likely he's already pissed since they franchised him. No player wants the franchise tag.

That being said, he'll play his ass off this season if he's smart, and get himself a fat paycheck next season.

Hootie 03-05-2013 07:06 PM

I speculated on this yesterday

their thought process?

why let an asset walk when you can franchise him and recover the assets you lost in the Alex Smith trade?

so basically they get Alex Smith for Branden Albert and still take Joeckel.

I hate it, but I figured yesterday this was an option. If they were going to take Joeckel either way at least we got a free QB out of it I guess.

Mr. Laz 03-05-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9468555)
only person would be *****. He was in on the interviews.

Surely some of this was discussed
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

in 10 years, people around here are still going to be blaming 'him' for everything bad that happens.

TribalElder 03-05-2013 07:07 PM

Dorsey is doing a good job at keeping all the ****tards guessing

penbrook 03-05-2013 07:08 PM

If Sean Smith and Canty sign who the hell do we draft.

Hoover 03-05-2013 07:08 PM

If I'm Albert I'd gladly play on a one year deal. FA class this year is full of options. Next year, not so much.

ChiefMojo 03-05-2013 07:09 PM

Sadly I can see how this makes sense. Princess pretty much stated my thoughts on the matter.

By trading Albert we are basically getting back our pick for Alex Smith and have his replacement selected with the #1 pick. So yes we basically bring in a starting QB for not much in the long run.

Direckshun 03-05-2013 07:10 PM

If we've learned anything about Andy Reid rumors this offseason, it's that there's almost always fire where there's smoke. I'm convinced Reid wants Joeckel.

The good news is, I don't think anybody wants to trade a combination of high picks and have to pay Albert, when you can get a couple of the other LTs without giving up a pick or draft any of the three studs for far, far less.

penbrook 03-05-2013 07:11 PM

Well Dorsey did say in his interview that Yes as we sit here Branden Albert will be the Starting LT heading into the offseason

Easy 6 03-05-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9468579)
Well Dorsey did say in his interview that Yes as we sit here Branden Albert will be the Starting LT heading into the offseason

Key words: as we sit here.

Thats a perfectly vague out.

penbrook 03-05-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9468584)
Key words: as we sit here.

Thats a perfectly vague out.

Yes but he said yesterday that he wants Albert to be signed long term by when training camp starts.

Direckshun 03-05-2013 07:16 PM

Countdown to Albert becoming a Raven..............

We'll get the last pick in round 1, and maybe something like an extra third this year and a third next year.

Nightfyre 03-05-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9468573)
Sadly I can see how this makes sense. Princess pretty much stated my thoughts on the matter.

By trading Albert we are basically getting back our pick for Alex Smith and have his replacement selected with the #1 pick. So yes we basically bring in a starting QB for not much in the long run.

So we traded the number one pick plus a second next year for Alex Smith? Brilliant.

Hoover 03-05-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9468595)

We'll get the last pick in round 1, and maybe something like an extra third this year and a third next year.

could be worse.

Bowser 03-05-2013 07:20 PM

LMAO

Stop it. Just becasue some prognosticator is thinking shit up doesn't mean it will happen.

The only way it DOES make sense is if we get a king's ransom for Albert under the tag rules, and even then it's debateable. Clay put up some great stats on Albert some time back showing his worth in the NFL. We're not going to let him go in favor of some kid coming out of college that hasn't played a down in the league yet.

SAUTO 03-05-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9468568)
LMAO

in 10 years, people around here are still going to be blaming 'him' for everything bad that happens.

well what does that have to do with today?

Pioli has only been gone a little while.

Call me on it in a year if I'm still saying things like this.

I won't be
Posted via Mobile Device

KurtCobain 03-05-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Cool. Late first we get our secondary help, find defensive line help and a couple of weapons for Alex with our 3 third rounders, and take a future Hall of Famer Fisher with the first overall.

Then in thirteen years we'll all say, we love Fisher! He has provided excellent protection for Alex Smith, Landry Jones, Jay Cutler, Andy Dalton and now Colin Kaepernick!

RunKC 03-05-2013 07:26 PM

Great business if you can get a first round pick out it.

A few teams in the 15-32 area will want a LT. If we can get their first round pick in a deep draft that would be great.

KC_Lee 03-05-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melbar (Post 9468470)
Daniel Jeremiah on NFL TA just said that there is some "talk out there" they franchised Albert to trade him. May have been speculated on other threads, but this is the first I've heard that its actually being discussed around the league. If Reid likes Joekel as much as some say, is a later first plus enough compensation for an established T with some injury concern? Then maybe QB, CB, etc mid to late? May be total B.S., but interesting...

Translation: OH PLEASE KC!! TRADE ALBERT SO WE DON'T HAVE TO REDO OUR MOCK DRAFTS!!! WE JUST CANNOT FATHOM KC TAKING A QB OR ANY OTHER SKILL PLAYER EVER!!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-05-2013 07:27 PM

It's better than losing him for the compensatory pick, but it would still be moronic as ****.

Say we trade Albert and get an equivalent pick back to the one we sent off for Smith.

The teams would net the following:

SF gets: Darrelle Revis, loses Alex Smith
Kansas City gets: Alex Smith, loses Branden Albert
NYJ get: 2nd round pick, loses Darrelle Revis
Arizona: Gets Branden Albert, loses 2nd round pick

We theoretically keep our picks but trade Albert for Smith. Egads.

Mr. Laz 03-05-2013 07:30 PM

I imagine there is all of 6, maybe 7, people in the entire world that know what the Chiefs really think about Joeckel.

Owner - Clark Hunt(maybe)
GM - John Dorsey
Assist GM – Joel Collier
Head Coach - Andy Reid
Director of Football Admin - Trip MacCracken
Offensive Coordinator - Doug Pederson
Offensive Line - Andy Heck

scouts know their reports but i doubt they are involved much after that

Millions at stake, jobs at stake ... so i doubt Reid goes around telling his barber his opinions

Hootie 03-05-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

you're off your rocker

we aren't getting a 1st, 3rd and 3rd for Albert

we may get a high 2nd...or like two 3rds

KurtCobain 03-05-2013 07:33 PM

a pretty good left tackle with a back problem for a pretty good quarterback? K.

Mr. Laz 03-05-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9468673)

Albert is a better tackle than Alex Smith is a QB. Imo.

Bowser 03-05-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9468673)

I'm thinking the Chiefs wouldn't have franchised him if he hadn't passed his physicals.

The Franchise 03-05-2013 07:37 PM

Which is the better way to protect your newly acquired veteran QB?

A. A veteran LT with 5 years of experience who will be playing to prove he's worthy of a long term contract.

B. A rookie LT from a spread offense who protected a mobile QB and has no NFL experience.

Easy 6 03-05-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9468686)
Which is the better way to protect your newly acquired veteran QB?

A. A veteran LT with 5 years of experience who will be playing to prove he's worthy of a long term contract.

B. A rookie LT from a spread offense who protected a mobile QB and has no NFL experience.

Exactly.

kysirsoze 03-05-2013 07:43 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if they're entertaining offers. They have the #1 pick and a lot of ways they could go with it. That said, I don't think it would happen.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-05-2013 07:47 PM

Those guys are ****ing crazy! Who knows what they'll do at #1. We better get in an offer...

Marcellus 03-05-2013 07:49 PM

It was reported by ESPN this morning that they were working on a long term contract.
Everyone is full of shit.

ChiefsCountry 03-05-2013 07:52 PM

Bears would be the team that would make sense especially with Emery as their GM. #20 pick would put you in the Tavon Austin and the other WR's range.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-05-2013 07:54 PM

The Alex Smith deal is farce that they can be had(screwed). Better get in an offer..

ILChief 03-05-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9468571)
If Sean Smith and Canty sign who the hell do we draft.

G
E
N
O

bigbucks24 03-05-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9468766)
It was reported by ESPN this morning that they were working on a long term contract.
Everyone is full of shit.

When talking heads say KC is looking at trading Albert, they are idiots making stuff up. When they say KC is working on signing Albert long term, we should listen to them?

Mother****erJones 03-05-2013 08:01 PM

GENO GENO IS HIS NAME O!

NJChiefsFan 03-05-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9468631)
Great business if you can get a first round pick out it.

A few teams in the 15-32 area will want a LT. If we can get their first round pick in a deep draft that would be great.

You think it's great business to trade Albert and use a 1st on a LT? You would then have a LT and late first out of the deal. Meanwhile, if you keep Albert you have a LT and a 1st overall pick. Not sure why it's great business.

penbrook 03-05-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9468800)
G
E
N
O

First time ever in NFL history where a #1 sits the bench.

BigRedChief 03-05-2013 08:02 PM

They may be doing it all. Shopping Albert, talking long term deal, preparing for Joekel. They are putting their stamp on the team and seeing what brings the best value to get to where they want this team to look like as a finished product.

Fat Elvis 03-05-2013 08:05 PM

I'd shop him too. Who knows what you could get? Maybe some team wants to give us a high 1 this year and another 1 next year, along with a pro bowl ILB, CB, and safety.....(not happening, for those who can't tell)

Can't hurt to see what is offered. He is ours. We can do what we want and would be foolish not to see if other teams are really foolish.

Mother****erJones 03-05-2013 08:05 PM

Theyre covering all theyre bases. Besides if you think about it. Would you rather spend 60 mil on your LT, or spend 20 mil on a good rookie LT and sign a few impact FAs? Myself i just keep Albert

penbrook 03-05-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9468813)
They may be doing it all. Shopping Albert, talking long term deal, preparing for Joekel. They are putting their stamp on the team and seeing what brings the best value to get to where they want this team to look like as a finished product.

They are not shopping Albert. Daniel Jeremiah said that and only him.

He mocked Geno to us than Alex signed.

He mocked Joeckel to us than Albert was tagged.

Dude is hoping and praying.

HotCarl 03-05-2013 08:07 PM

Get a mid/late 1st for Albert, take Joeckel #1, and pick up the future QB. I could get behind that.

ChiefsCountry 03-05-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9468810)

Carson Palmer says hi.

SAUTO 03-05-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9468810)

Link
Posted via Mobile Device

melbar 03-05-2013 08:08 PM

What does it hurt to float a little soft rumor and see if someone offers a couple of picks? I wouldn't put that past them. Does no harm if it cant be proved, but if someone makes a call with a nice offer that puts you in a stronger position you can pull the trigger.

penbrook 03-05-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9468839)
Link
Posted via Mobile Device

I meant his rookie year

MMXcalibur 03-05-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotCarl (Post 9468833)
Get a mid/late 1st for Albert, take Joeckel #1, and pick up the future QB. I could get behind that.

I can get behind this.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-05-2013 08:10 PM

History repeats it's self. Listen to penbook.

Marco Polo 03-05-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

:facepalm: :Lin:

SAUTO 03-05-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9468845)
I meant his rookie year

Link?
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry 03-05-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9468845)
I meant his rookie year

Carson Palmer for the second time.

notorious 03-05-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9468498)
It's coming from the morons that mocked Jekyll to KC and are trying to save face.

Yep.

A few in the media dont' have a ****ing clue. ESPN radio during the day are actually pretty good about their takes, now. They said all day that they really don't know what KC will do now that they have Albert signed.

RunKC 03-05-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9468809)
You think it's great business to trade Albert and use a 1st on a LT? You would then have a LT and late first out of the deal. Meanwhile, if you keep Albert you have a LT and a 1st overall pick. Not sure why it's great business.

Logic= Very good LT who is 7 years younger for much less money to get FA's/signing next years FA's + getting another 1st round pick to fill another need in a DEEP draft, ultimately replacing the pick you lost.

They don't think a QB is worth it and this is a very good plan.

OnTheWarpath15 03-05-2013 08:14 PM

I've always said this is the dumbest fanbase in the NFL, some of the comments in this thread have proven it.

For sake of conversation, let's use the Bears pick at 20. Albert for 20, straight up.

We use the 1st overall pick to replace him.

So we've not improved the team at all, and given up 19 spots in the 1st round to do so.

Yeah, great ****ing move.

notorious 03-05-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Why not pick a QB at #1 and keep Albert?

Or use the #1 pick for QB and a mid-first to draft another left tackle since the draft is so deep for O line.

NJChiefsFan 03-05-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9468865)
Logic= Very good LT who is 7 years younger for much less money to get FA's/signing next years FA's + getting another 1st round pick to fill another need in a DEEP draft, ultimately replacing the pick you lost.

They don't think a QB is worth it and this is a very good plan.

Using a pick to replace a guy you just traded away for a pick(15 plus spots lower) does not equal replacing the pick you lost.

HotCarl 03-05-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9468868)
I've always said this is the dumbest fanbase in the NFL, some of the comments in this thread have proven it.

For sake of conversation, let's use the Bears pick at 20. Albert for 20, straight up.

We use the 1st overall pick to replace him.

So we've not improved the team at all, and given up 19 spots in the 1st round to do so.

Yeah, great ****ing move.

We got 6 years younger, healthier, and went up in potential at LT.

We also got a 1st round QB prospect.