ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft *** The Official Draft Chance Warmack Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270256)

Mr. Laz 02-21-2013 05:52 PM

*** The Official Draft Chance Warmack Thread ***

On Friday, ESPN's Todd McShay called the former Alabama guard one of the best players, regardless of position, in this year's draft.

On a conference call with reporters Monday, Mike Mayock took it one step further. The NFL Network analyst suggested that Warmack should be one of four players considered by the Kansas City Chiefs, who hold the draft's No. 1 overall pick.

“Chance Warmack is the best player I’ve seen on film this season,” Mayock said.

Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
Height: 6-3. Weight: 320.
Projected 40 Time: 5.30

STRENGTHS: Warmack is considerably lighter on his feet than one would expect given his stout frame, and is adept at meeting and eliminating linebackers at the second level.
In pass protection, Warmack does a nice job of supplying an initial punch and grasping hold of his opponent, showing good lateral agility to slide as well as the anchor to handle powerful bull-rushers.

Warmack is equally effective when asked to drive defensive tackles off the ball or beat linebackers to the action at the second level.

WEAKNESSES: Due to his lack of height, Warmack may lack the position versatility of his more recognizable linemates Barrett Jones and D.J. Fluker, but he is further along in his development than Fluker and, frankly, makes more eye-popping blocks than Jones. Size means that he'll be relegated strictly to interior blocking in the NFL.

COMPARES TO: Will Shields, OG, Kansas City Chiefs -- Let's be clear, no incoming rookie truly deserves comparison to a first ballot Hall of Famer, but Warmack is a rare prospect. While perhaps a tad shorter than ideal, Warmack uses his natural leverage advantage to consistently get under the pads of his opponents, driving them off of the ball in the running game and anchoring in pass protection. His lateral agility and balance make him effective getting to and blocking at the second level and handling quicker pass rushers, as well.

He has a long way to go before threatening Shields' record of 231 consecutive starts in the NFL, but proved durable in the SEC, starting every game the past three seasons.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qf-jzv6zOzk?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

htismaqe 02-21-2013 05:54 PM

ROFL

This is awesome!

Pasta Little Brioni 02-21-2013 05:59 PM

Bjorn!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaper16 02-21-2013 06:00 PM

He probably is the best individual football player in this draft, yes. Not a single second's thought should be spent considering drafting him. All-pro caliber Guards are complimentary pieces at best.

Tribal Warfare 02-21-2013 06:00 PM

and his dick must be 15 + inches long too

Mr_Tomahawk 02-21-2013 06:07 PM

I didn't start this one...

htismaqe 02-21-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9423801)
I didn't start this one...

No, if you did it would be the *** The Official Draft Chance Womack Thread ***.

:D

Tribal Warfare 02-21-2013 06:09 PM

One thing that made Will Shields really unique was when the line was in a pinch with injuries he could play LT and well too.

RealSNR 02-21-2013 06:17 PM

Pretty entertaining to see the draft "experts" act like absolute ****ing reeruns this offseason in an attempt to stick to their bullshit master narrative.

Ignoring for a moment the idiocy of drafting a guard at #1, it's equally asinine to think that Warmack is a dynamic once-in-a-generation player at his position.

We were told exactly that about DeCastro last year. Flaws showed up in training camp, then the dude got injured.

Warmack played next to Barrett Jones and DJ Fluker, was in a very friendly system that showcases the offensive line, and had a stable of talented RBs behind him. If there's a Ken Dorsey-type of player who looks artificially great in this draft due to the ****ing stacked team he played on, it's Warmack.

Also, why the hell weren't we talking about Warmack until this senior season? Why didn't draft guys spot this kid in his sophomore and junior seasons and say, "Now THERE'S a ****ing football player! He'll be amazing when he comes out." If he's that kind of once-in-a-generation talent at his position, he would have been mentioned all over draft blogs like Walter the same way Luck, Berry, and players like that got treated.

B14ckmon 02-21-2013 06:19 PM

I 100% ENDORSE THIS THREAD!

Prison Bitch 02-21-2013 06:20 PM

I dunno, I think the Chiefs could use the next Robert Gallery?

O.city 02-21-2013 06:21 PM

Read on twitter today some teams have Cooper as a better OG.

Bowser 02-21-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9423828)
I 100% ENDORSE THIS THREAD!

Just so Geno can drop down to the spottd kittens? You can **** right the **** off.

Clyde Frog 02-21-2013 06:22 PM

Gay test:

Drafting a Guard @ 1/1 is
a) good
b) some of the stupidest C**K S**KING, TAINT LICKING, SACK SLURPING bullshit youve ever heard

B14ckmon 02-21-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9423837)
Just so Geno can drop down to the spottd kittens? You can **** right the **** off.

We would never draft him and I wouldn't want them to?

Easy 6 02-21-2013 06:22 PM

Pasta Little Brioni 02-21-2013 06:23 PM

I could see Faid or Jax reaching for him

Deberg_1990 02-21-2013 06:25 PM

What do all Super Bowl winning teams of the past 20 years contain?

You guessed it, a Franchise Guard.

Bowser 02-21-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 9423844)
Gay test:

Drafting a Guard @ 1/1 is
a) good
b) some of the stupidest C**K S**KING, TAINT LICKING, SACK SLURPING bullshit youve ever heard

B14ckmon fails this, miserably.

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9423845)
We would never draft him and I wouldn't want them to?

You've convinced me that you really want Geno as your first pick. You have gone so completely overboard with the Geno hate that it can only be some kind of reverse psycology crap you're trying to employ.

Develop Gabbert and be happy about it.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9423820)
Pretty entertaining to see the draft "experts" act like absolute ****ing reeruns this offseason in an attempt to stick to their bullshit master narrative.

Ignoring for a moment the idiocy of drafting a guard at #1, it's equally asinine to think that Warmack is a dynamic once-in-a-generation player at his position.

We were told exactly that about DeCastro last year. Flaws showed up in training camp, then the dude got injured.

Warmack played next to Barrett Jones and DJ Fluker, was in a very friendly system that showcases the offensive line, and had a stable of talented RBs behind him. If there's a Ken Dorsey-type of player who looks artificially great in this draft due to the ****ing stacked team he played on, it's Warmack.

Also, why the hell weren't we talking about Warmack until this senior season? Why didn't draft guys spot this kid in his sophomore and junior seasons and say, "Now THERE'S a ****ing football player! He'll be amazing when he comes out." If he's that kind of once-in-a-generation talent at his position, he would have been mentioned all over draft blogs like Walter the same way Luck, Berry, and players like that got treated.

http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2...9503514yt9.gif

Bowser 02-21-2013 06:27 PM

Sorter has given htis Boxxyyphillis.

okcchief 02-21-2013 06:27 PM

I'm thinking these draft experts are cubs looking for bears. They are infatuated with the fatties.

B14ckmon 02-21-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9423854)
B14ckmon fails this, miserably.

You've convinced me that you really want Geno as your first pick. You have gone so completely overboard with the Geno hate that it can only be some kind of reverse psycology crap you're trying to employ.

Develop Gabbert and be happy about it.

I want to keep Gabbert. Sink or swim. If he sucks, we get ready for teddy.

I want a pass rusher.

okcchief 02-21-2013 06:28 PM

Must have been why Jamarcus threw them off.

stonedstooge 02-21-2013 06:28 PM

Ah, the dream position to be filled. If he does well, maybe he'll be better then.....Who the **** is the best guard in the NFL?

htismaqe 02-21-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9423859)

YES!

Deberg_1990 02-21-2013 06:43 PM

Hopefully next year we can nabbed our Franchise fullback in the 1st.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-21-2013 06:45 PM

So You Say There Is A Chance, ON THE NEXT ADAM TEICHER

Sorter 02-21-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

:)

RealSNR 02-21-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Shit. I need to see a doctor quick. I just gave htis rep the other day. :eek:

Bowser 02-21-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9423919)
Shit. I need to see a doctor quick. I just gave htis rep the other day. :eek:

Never have unprotected rep.

Hootie 02-21-2013 06:53 PM

if a kicker went to the combine and nailed 15 75 yard field goals in a row I wonder if Mike Mayock would be like "gotta take him #1 overall" "he can score points from your own 40..."

Hootie 02-21-2013 06:53 PM

basically what I'm trying to say is...

I want a QB #1 or a kicker who can kick 75 yard field goals #1...not a ****ing Will Shields or even Will Shields on steroids at #1 overall.

Hammock Parties 02-21-2013 06:54 PM

Wouldn't even take him at 2.2.

Hootie 02-21-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9423941)
Wouldn't even take him at 2.2.

I mean, we've invested several high picks now in Hudson, Asamoah, Allen and Stephenson.

This draft should be ALL ABOUT PLAYMAKERS.

We need A QB and playmakers to surround said QB...and playmakers on defense.

We don't need any ****ing beef this year.

RyFo18 02-21-2013 07:00 PM

From a safety and security standpoint, I wouldn't be as upset as most if they drafted Warmack. I think he's the best player in this draft at his position.

Hammock Parties 02-21-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9423965)
From a safety and security standpoint, I wouldn't be as upset as most if they drafted Warmack. I think he's the best player in this draft at his position.

Let's draft a kid to replace the 2nd round guard we picked last season.

GREAT IDEA.

Hootie 02-21-2013 07:02 PM

if they draft Warmack they are admitting one or two of Hudson (2nd), Asamoah (2nd), Allen (2nd) are terrible. Which is fine, because hitting on all of your 2nd round picks is pretty hard...but taking a guard in the 2nd is usually a pretty high success rate.

O.city 02-21-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9423965)

There's question whether he's even the best GUARD in this draft.

Hootie 02-21-2013 07:04 PM

a 2nd round guard is usually the 1st, 2nd or 3rd best guard prospect in that draft...

you'd think the interior of our line would be ready to kick some ass...

Warmack fits ZERO need for this team. Drafting him would be the dumbest ****ing draft pick of all time and I'm counting the Tyson Jackson draft pick.

O.city 02-21-2013 07:06 PM

There's no way we take a guard that high.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-21-2013 07:09 PM

I'm pretty sure there is a Dorsey qoute saying we like what we see in the offensive line. It gets forgetten like the QB one is remembered. I quess they could trade some o-lineman to get Foles. They still wouldn't take one very high.

Hammock Parties 02-21-2013 07:10 PM

If Pioli was here he'd try to trade up to #0 to take Warmack.

RyFo18 02-21-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9423976)
There's question whether he's even the best GUARD in this draft.

From what I've seen, I don't agree at all.

O.city 02-21-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9423998)
From what I've seen, I don't agree at all.

The fact that he was on a Chiefs early 2000's type line at Bama is a little offputting and he only had 1 year of production.

But I won't say I've watching much of him at all, pretty much only casually watching the games during the regular season.

Reaper16 02-21-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

The idea that Warmack only stood out because of who he played next to makes sense...until you watch Alabama games. He's a much better player than Fluker. Why weren't people on the hype train until recently? Probably because Warmack was only a three-star prospect coming out of high school and because he had a habit of picking up false start penalties.

That said, he isn't a once-in-a-generation talent. I like him better than DeCastro, but that doesn't make him once-in-a-generation. He's the best offensive lineman of this draft, nothing more (and that's not taking into consideration maximum upside; Eric Fisher probably has the most upside of any o-lineman in this draft, with Joeckel right under him).

RyFo18 02-21-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9424002)
The fact that he was on a Chiefs early 2000's type line at Bama is a little offputting and he only had 1 year of production.

But I won't say I've watching much of him at all, pretty much only casually watching the games during the regular season.

That's true. But just isolating him I mean the guy is just filthy. I can only imagine what Charles would do running left side behind he and Albert...It's would be a beautiful thing.

I don't want to be labeled as the guy who wants to draft Warmack at #1...I'm just saying there are much worse guys we could take. I'm still on the Blow for Geno bandwagon.

O.city 02-21-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9424015)
That's true. But just isolating him I mean the guy is just filthy. I can only imagine what Charles would do running left side behind he and Albert...It's would be a beautiful thing.

I don't want to be labeled as the guy who wants to draft Warmack at #1...I'm just saying there are much worse guys we could take. I'm still on the Blow for Geno bandwagon.

Yeah, and much better options.

ChiefsCountry 02-21-2013 07:23 PM

Are we on the east side of Missouri now because we shouldn't be having this discussion on this board.

RealSNR 02-21-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9424015)

Mmm... I can't think of anything much worse. Maybe Joeckel and Fisher would be worse.

I'd rather overdraft the **** out of that Duke QB everybody seems to like these days than take a guard.

warpaint* 02-21-2013 07:40 PM

Why is this even being discussed

Sorter 02-21-2013 08:06 PM

This thread was better when it was about Boxxy.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-21-2013 08:25 PM

The writings on the wall fellas. Reid has stated they are open to trading out of #1. Arizona needs a QB at #7 so lets trade with them. They take Geno at 1, we take Warmack at #7, then we take Tyler Wilson at #33 and with the 2 #1 picks we have next year we take another QB if Wilson doesn't look awesome.

htismaqe 02-21-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9424212)
The writings on the wall fellas. Reid has stated they are open to trading out of #1. Arizona needs a QB at #7 so lets trade with them. They take Geno at 1, we take Warmack at #7, then we take Tyler Wilson at #33 and with the 2 #1 picks we have next year we take another QB if Wilson doesn't look awesome.

ROFL

htismaqe 02-21-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9423946)
I mean, we've invested several high picks now in Hudson, Asamoah, Allen and Stephenson.

This draft should be ALL ABOUT PLAYMAKERS.

We need A QB and playmakers to surround said QB...and playmakers on defense.

We don't need any ****ing beef this year.

THIS.

MOTHER****ING THIS.

HTIS THIS.

Mr. Laz 02-21-2013 09:09 PM

BPA

gotta take big daddy Warmack

milkman 02-21-2013 10:33 PM

Many of us have been saying for years that we need to take chance in the draft.

This, however, isn't what we were talking about.

BossChief 02-21-2013 10:36 PM

Which was more valuable?

Trent Green

Or

will Shields

Shit, a quality starting quarterback is worth more than the OL as a whole.

I'd rather draft Geno over Joeckel AND Womack.

Iowanian 02-21-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9423782)
and his dick must be 15 + inches long too

Hodor!

Titty Meat 02-21-2013 11:47 PM

Draft Jerkoff and then make a RGIII like trade and draft Warmack.

Mr. Laz 02-22-2013 02:34 PM

Chance Warmack was a little bit smaller than expected. He measured in at 6-foot-2 and weighed 317 pounds. In the past five NFL drafts, nine interior offensive linemen were selected in the first round. Danny Watkins, the Philadelphia Eagles' 2011 selection, was the shortest of the nine, measuring in at 6-3 3/8. However, any concerns about Warmack's lack of height were quickly alleviated when his arm length was measured at 34 3/4 inches.

the Talking Can 02-22-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc...8ysbo1_500.gif

Iowanian 02-22-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Ain't Nobody got time for that!

htismaqe 02-22-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9426047)

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/126397_o.gif

Sorter 02-22-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9426047)

People will make time for it.

Sorter 02-22-2013 03:39 PM

Finally, this thread got back on track.

Bowser 02-22-2013 03:56 PM

Hootie nailed it. These draft picks need to be two-thirds offensvie guys, and playmakers at that. Get some depth at linebacker and the defensive backfield, then full speed ahead for offense.

And now Boxxy having suprise buttsex-

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbsncuYoij1rrhz69.gif

Sorter 02-22-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9426158)
Hootie nailed it. These draft picks need to be two-thirds offensvie guys, and playmakers at that. Get some depth at linebacker and the defensive backfield, then full speed ahead for offense.

And now Boxxy having suprise buttsex-

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbsncuYoij1rrhz69.gif

https://i.minus.com/iutLyzMrQx9JX.gif

Hammock Parties 02-22-2013 04:07 PM

that ho would be a lot prettier without the ho makeup

Sorter 02-22-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9426189)
that ho would be a lot prettier without the ho makeup

http://i.imgur.com/bVzPO.gif

Mr. Laz 02-23-2013 10:34 AM

Dam ... a 5.55

my man just blew his chance to go #1

noooooooooooooooo!! :sulk:

NFL Network ‏@nflnetwork
Chance Warmack clocks in at 5.55 on his first 40 run. Mayock: 'This is not who he is.' http://on.nfl.com/Tracker #NFLCombine
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

htismaqe 02-23-2013 10:35 AM

Mayock acting desperate is too funny.

Hootie 02-23-2013 10:39 AM

I'm pretty sure I could run a 5.55 in high heels.

Setsuna 02-23-2013 10:42 AM

Lawl. Look at the Warmack nuthuggers back pedal like they just found out their one night stand was a tranny. After the fact.

RealSNR 02-23-2013 10:49 AM

I never got a straight answer out of some of you people.

Why is/was Mayock considered to be a draft guy people can trust, even though he's projected and even RECOMMENDED that Kansas City draft a LT and move Albert to G in their past drafts? He did it with Monroe, Bulaga, and I'm pretty sure he did it with Solder too.

Now he's on this Warmack kick. When was Mayock EVER a good draft analyst?

Halfcan 02-23-2013 10:50 AM

Shields was a first ballot HOFer?

BigBeauford 02-23-2013 10:51 AM

Warmack has such a big gut.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-23-2013 11:00 AM

Mayock just said watching tape of Jokel he's get beat by quick edge rushers and Johnny Football always saved his ass.

suds79 02-23-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9428047)
Warmack has such a big gut.

Yeah he doesn't look the part of the best player in the draft.

Just looks fat.

Mother****erJones 02-23-2013 11:20 AM

Mayock slammed Joeckel! ROFL Id take Warmack over Joeckel. IF they didnt take a QB, id be ok with Warmack and re-signing Albert. Albert Warmack Hudson Asamoah Winston isnt a bad oline