ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid on Mike & Mike (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268707)

ChiefRocka 01-10-2013 08:35 AM

Andy Reid on Mike & Mike

Sorry if repost...

You definitely can hear real excitement in his voice. When asked about the QB situation he said he needs to first evaluate the talent on offense and determine the best path forward for the current "very young" players. Young guys have seen nothing consistent on offense during their short careers. At that time, he will determine whether to draft, trade for, acquire his QB. Says he loves Mike Vick as a person and as a football player.

My gut says hes absolutely coming here, just dont know in what role. I would be OK with it as long as we draft a QB at #1.

loochy 01-10-2013 08:38 AM

Q

:D

Edit:
OK, merged so disregard the Q

Gravedigger 01-10-2013 08:38 AM

http://cdn16.castfire.com/audio/303/...831318&s=5L8r1

bevischief 01-10-2013 08:39 AM

R

bsp4444 01-10-2013 08:48 AM

Andy's sure making the media tour. I love it. Puts us a bit more on the map.

DaWolf 01-10-2013 08:50 AM

I doubt Vick comes here. Andy loves everyone. Remember, he and Scott were best friends...

EagleRob 01-10-2013 09:06 AM

Andy stresses taking care of the football. Vick didn't take care of the football - Poor O-line or not. Reid praising someone is more about compassion and personality characteristics than skills. He will also call someone "a heck of a football player" or "a heck of a (fill in the blank)". If that statement comes from Reid it may sound positive but has a negative connotation. Jeff Lurie was a heck of an owner. Scott Pioli was a heck of a GM. Mick Vick was a heck of a QB. You may as well replace "heck" with "hack". Now that you know that verbal transformation, listen with a different ear when he says it. It's a bigger thing when he chuckles while saying it. "We've got a heck of a level talent at our QB position with the guys already here (heh heh)". I'm shocked he gets away with it and people still see it as either being genuinely complimentary or acrimonious.

Chiefshrink 01-10-2013 09:11 AM

Let's face it, even an aged beat up Vick would be a helluva a lot more entertaining to watch than what we have now and with the potential to score at any time. And now that he would have a decent O-line in front of him he would be less inclined to turn it over and get hurt. Quite frankly, I wouldn't mind until our QBOTF is groomed enough to take over.

Rasputin 01-10-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9302488)
Andy stresses taking care of the football. Vick didn't take care of the football - Poor O-line or not. Reid praising someone is more about compassion and personality characteristics than skills. He will also call someone "a heck of a football player" or "a heck of a (fill in the blank)". If that statement comes from Reid it may sound positive but has a negative connotation. Jeff Lurie was a heck of an owner. Scott ***** was a heck of a GM. Mick Vick was a heck of a QB. You may as well replace "heck" with "hack".

Andy Reid isn't the type of guy to throw anyone under the bus. Unlike Herm Edwards who can't get over himself on ESPN what a joke.

I believe what you say is true & I'm not worried about MV as long as we draft first a QB with our top pick.

Chiefshrink 01-10-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Andy stresses taking care of the football. Vick didn't take care of the football - Poor O-line or not. Reid praising someone is more about compassion and personality characteristics than skills. He will also call someone "a heck of a football player" or "a heck of a (fill in the blank)". If that statement comes from Reid it may sound positive but has a negative connotation. Jeff Lurie was a heck of an owner. Scott ***** was a heck of a GM. Mick Vick was a heck of a QB. You may as well replace "heck" with "hack". Now that you know that verbal transformation, listen with a different ear when he says it. It's a bigger thing when he chuckles while saying it. "We've got a heck of a level talent at our QB position with the guys already here (heh heh)". I'm shocked he gets away with it and people still see it as either being genuinely complimentary or acrimonious.

Totally get your point ! BUT Rob we have suffered with Cassel/Quinn is why anything would be better than these two.

BigMeatballDave 01-10-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Andy stresses taking care of the football. Vick didn't take care of the football

:clap: Good-bye Matt Cassel!

EagleRob 01-10-2013 09:19 AM

My read this past week is he's going after a QB in that spot Tattoo. No worries at all. It may be Geno, it may not be Geno though. He will look at tape on twenty guys. He will narrow the field to three or four, evaluate them at Senior Bowl (if applicable), personal interviews, the Combine, and private workouts. He will even bring them in to meet other team members but not tip his hand publicly one iota. You will get your QB. It may or may not be the one everyone wants, but it will be the "right guy" who he feels will work best in his system, be a good leader, be a coachable player, and fit all of the following: clean criminal and work ethic history, good student, tall enough to see downfield, strong enough arm to throw the out and the deep ball, sees the whole field, makes good decisions. The ironic thing is the video everyone keeps posting about Geno Smith - all I see there is a QB heaving a deep ball into triple coverage and getting bailed out by his WR actually making the catch. Hope that's not the video Andy is looking at.

EagleRob 01-10-2013 09:23 AM

(and someone already called me out for Vick not having a clean criminal record, I know...but that was a special case where the signing was low risk / low cost, the talent was high, and the individual had matured and paid his societal debt).

ChiefRocka 01-10-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9302516)
My read this past week is he's going after a QB in that spot Tattoo. No worries at all. It may be Geno, it may not be Geno though. He will look at tape on twenty guys. He will narrow the field to three or four, evaluate them at Senior Bowl (if applicable), personal interviews, the Combine, and private workouts. He will even bring them in to meet other team members but not tip his hand publicly one iota. You will get your QB. It may or may not be the one everyone wants, but it will be the "right guy" who he feels will work best in his system, be a good leader, be a coachable player, and fit all of the following: clean criminal and work ethic history, good student, tall enough to see downfield, strong enough arm to throw the out and the deep ball, sees the whole field, makes good decisions. The ironic thing is the video everyone keeps posting about Geno Smith - all I see there is a QB heaving a deep ball into triple coverage and getting bailed out by his WR actually making the catch. Hope that's not the video Andy is looking at.

What's most impressive about that play was his willingness to attempt that throw from the endzone. Reminds me very much of the Eli to Manningham connection against the Patsies in the SB. NFL caliber WR's should make that catch if the DB doesn't make a great play on it.

Just give me a confident, smart QB.

People blasted Geno for his antics at Yankee stadium. I just saw a guy that was pissed at his performance and knew he could do better. That's what you have to see from a competitor, not this head hanging dbag that jumps into a mosh pit after a TD and the crowd separates as he crashes to the ground BS.

Molitoth 01-10-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

The ironic thing is the video everyone keeps posting about Geno Smith - all I see there is a QB heaving a deep ball into triple coverage and getting bailed out by his WR actually making the catch
That ball couldn't have been placed much better imo, damn skippy that ball should've been caught, especially by NFL talent receivers.

aturnis 01-10-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9302532)
What's most impressive about that play was his willingness to attempt that throw from the endzone. Reminds me very much of the Eli to Manningham connection against the Patsies in the SB. NFL caliber WR's should make that catch if the DB doesn't make a great play on it.

Just give me a confident, smart QB.

People blasted Geno for his antics at Yankee stadium. I just saw a guy that was pissed at his performance and knew he could do better. That's what you have to see from a competitor, not this head hanging dbag that jumps into a mosh pit after a TD and the crowd separates as he crashes to the ground BS.

Agree. Rob, you might see a guy who just "heaves up the deepball", but more often than not, the ball is out in front of that receiver, where generally only he can catch it, and in stride.

As far as the antics are concerned, apparently we passed on Marino b/c at his workout for the Chiefs, he didn't throw well and was cussing himself into a frenzy. I just hope the Chiefs don't confuse passion with character concerns.

Chiefnj2 01-10-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9302559)
That ball couldn't have been placed much better imo, damn skippy that ball should've been caught, especially by NFL talent receivers.

NFL secondary talent decapitates the WR and intercepts that ball.

EagleRob 01-10-2013 09:50 AM

I didn't hire a guy for an engineering job once because when I was giving him a tour of our facility, we got to the gym and he started getting into it with the heavy bag, letting out just a bit too much job search frustration. First impressions. I didn't want to be the heavy bag and the standing Chiefs GM probably didn't want the rest of the offense getting cussed at because Marino was having a bad day.

BigMeatballDave 01-10-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9302606)

And then the INT is called back for a Personal Foul of hitting a defenseless receiver.

loochy 01-10-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9302606)

NFL secondary gets flagged for bogus penalty for hitting a defenseless receiver and offense gets a 1st down.

loochy 01-10-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9302610)
And then the INT is called back for a Personal Foul of hitting a defenseless receiver.

haha beat me to it

Mr. Flopnuts 01-10-2013 10:07 AM

LMAO Leave it to Herm to go straight to the BBQ.

FranciscoD'Anconia 01-10-2013 10:50 AM

As a Reid fan from Philly, I agree that he doesn't necessarily mean it when he says "He's a heckuva..." Doesn't mean he's saying he's good. Doesn't mean he's saying he's bad. He's just not throwing the guy under the bus either way. That's what he does. His focus is on his players, not on delivering sound bytes to the media. The up side to that is that his players love playing for him, knowing that he won't throw them under the bus.

Rasputin 01-10-2013 11:50 AM

They had Nick Saban on the program and I thought it was interesting when they talked about his time in Miami. He said he couldn't land Drew Breez and that he knew he couldn't win in this league without a quarterback. He just knew his success in the NFL was tied to having a QB. Now I understand why he left Miami like he did.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-10-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9302496)
Let's face it, even an aged beat up Vick would be a helluva a lot more entertaining to watch than what we have now and with the potential to score at any time. And now that he would have a decent O-line in front of him he would be less inclined to turn it over and get hurt. Quite frankly, I wouldn't mind until our QBOTF is groomed enough to take over.

Vick ain't coming.

gta0012 01-10-2013 12:05 PM

Vick will be in as a 2nd qb and will compete for 1st spot with a Draft or trade qb. Ried doesn't make moves that make fans happy he makes moves he believes in ala McNabb instead of Williams.

Chris Meck 01-10-2013 12:12 PM

I sincerely hope not.

I know Vick has paid his price and all that but I cannot root for a team with that guy on it. I would be really sad to have THAT be the reason I give up rooting for my team.

Cannibal 01-10-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9302395)
Says he loves Mike Vick as a person and as a football player.

My gut says hes absolutely coming here, just dont know in what role. I would be OK with it as long as we draft a QB at #1.

That would be a huge mistake on his part.

Cannibal 01-10-2013 12:16 PM

Vick is a great athlete, but average, to below average QB at this point.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-10-2013 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9303024)
I sincerely hope not.

I know Vick has paid his price and all that but I cannot root for a team with that guy on it. I would be really sad to have THAT be the reason I give up rooting for my team.

Why? Jesus, I love animals too but the guy did the time. My only objection is that he's not been "all that" as of late.

He could make a good vet-mentor for Geno though.

supaboy 01-10-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Andy stresses taking care of the football. Vick didn't take care of the football - Poor O-line or not. Reid praising someone is more about compassion and personality characteristics than skills. He will also call someone "a heck of a football player" or "a heck of a (fill in the blank)". If that statement comes from Reid it may sound positive but has a negative connotation. Jeff Lurie was a heck of an owner. Scott ***** was a heck of a GM. Mick Vick was a heck of a QB. You may as well replace "heck" with "hack". Now that you know that verbal transformation, listen with a different ear when he says it. It's a bigger thing when he chuckles while saying it. "We've got a heck of a level talent at our QB position with the guys already here (heh heh)". I'm shocked he gets away with it and people still see it as either being genuinely complimentary or acrimonious.

Bro Vick was not the problem on our team.The entire Oline was injured,players were half assin it,not makin plays,givin up on routes. We have one of the softest recieving cores i have ever seen in my life.They get hurt if you sneeze on them and will allow a pass to be intercepted because they are afraid of taking a hit. Every qb throws interceptions. Limiting is what counts. In 2010 Vick had the fewest interceptions in the league. Because he trusted his protection. You do realize he didnt have back ups on his line,but 4th stringers this season dont you? You do realize Nick Foles broke his hand and couldnt play the last game dont you with that same horrid Oline.

Brady,Manning,Nor Rodgers couldve played behind that joke of line. We also changed our blocking scheme and changed Oline coaches which hurt Vick tremendously. With Howard Mudds blocking scheme there were reallly no holes or lanes for Vick to run vs Castillo's scheme with big lineman that we had in 2010 that opened up big holes for Vick when things broke down. Mudd also likes to use under sized athletic Lineman. Problem with that is Dlineman ran through them all the time.

Bowe and Vick would do damage. Mark my words,if the Chiefs sign Bowe,who is a real reciever and not a one hit wonder like Desean. Vick and Bowe will break a record. I would even go as far as to say Bowe would want to stay if you guys brought in Vick.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-10-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supaboy (Post 9303056)
Bro Vick was not the problem on our team.The entire Oline was injured,players were half assin it,not makin plays,givin up on routes. We have one of the softest recieving cores i have ever seen in my life.They get hurt if you sneeze on them and will allow a pass to be intercepted because they are afraid of taking a hit. Every qb throws interceptions. Limiting is what counts. In 2010 Vick had the fewest interceptions in the league. Because he trusted his protection. You do realize he didnt have back ups on his line,but 4th stringers this season dont you? You do realize Nick Foles broke his hand and couldnt play the last game dont you with that same horrid Oline.

Brady,Manning,Nor Rodgers couldve played behind that joke of line. We also changed our blocking scheme and changed Oline coaches which hurt Vick tremendously. With Howard Mudds blocking scheme there were reallly no holes or lanes for Vick to run vs Castillo's scheme with big lineman that we had in 2010 that opened up big holes for Vick when things broke down. Mudd also likes to use under sized athletic Lineman. Problem with that is Dlineman ran through them all the time.

One of my Philly buddies blamed the O-line for a lot of the problems. The couple of games I saw this year it was pretty apparent that the Philly O-line was leaking like a sieve.

Chris Meck 01-10-2013 12:30 PM

That'll be the end of my being a Chiefs fan if that comes to pass. I really hope it doesn't.

I don't care if he paid his dues-and I'm not saying he shouldn't be allowed to play, or have a life going forward but I will not cheer for him. The man taught dogs to kill each other and then electrocuted them when they lost. He's real sorry....that he got caught. There's a cruelty there that a couple of years in the slammer don't erase. If he comes, I'll find another team after 30 years of being a fan.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 01-10-2013 12:34 PM

Fans may not be thrilled with having Vick on the team. The drafted QB/s might have a far different and really more important view of him. The man did the crime and did the rare thing for a high profile athelete. He did the time.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-10-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 9303115)
Fans may not be thrilled with having Vick on the team. The drafted QB/s might have a far different and really more important view of him. The man did the crime and did the rare thing for a high profile athelete. He did the time.

That's my take. With the kind of offense we are headed to, he'd be a great mentor and asset for our drafted QB.

Cannibal 01-10-2013 12:36 PM

Reid needs to move on.

Both the Chiefs and Reid need a fresh start, brining in Vick would be clinging to the past.

Forget about Vick please.

Rasputin 01-10-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supaboy (Post 9303056)

Bowe and Vick would do damage. Mark my words,if the Chiefs sign Bowe,who is a real reciever and not a one hit wonder like Desean. Vick and Bowe will break a record. I would even go as far as to say Bowe would want to stay if you guys brought in Vick.

It doesn't matter if Vick was any good or not for Philly I really dont give a ****. Most of us are just sick and tired of the retread rehash QB that this organization force down our throughts. Mike Vick fits that mold. **** him do not want.

If we draft Geno Smith to be our guy then I wouldn't have much of a problem with having Mike Vick as back up, but also don't want the drama that he tends to have. He has come a long way to turn himself around that is fine. I don't want a young QB to have to worry about being benched if he ****s up though.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-10-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9303130)

If we draft Geno Smith to be our guy then I wouldn't have much of a problem with having Mike Vick as back up, but also don't want the drama that he tends to have. He has come a long way to turn himself around that is fine. I don't want a young QB to have to worry about being benched if he ****s up though.

If we draft a QB at #1, he WILL start. Period. I think Vick would see field time only due to injury( please God no ).

Chris Meck 01-10-2013 12:45 PM

I don't think Clark would be too hip to having Vick here. I think he's sensitive to the bad PR that Pioli caused and wouldn't want to start out with a problem right out of the gate. Vick would be a problem for a lot of people, not just me. What's the point? He's not the answer anyway, so let's just not go there.

Let's hope that's the plan.

SAUTO 01-10-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9303154)
I don't think Clark would be too hip to having Vick here. I think he's sensitive to the bad PR that ***** caused and wouldn't want to start out with a problem right out of the gate. Vick would be a problem for a lot of people, not just me. What's the point? He's not the answer anyway, so let's just not go there.

Let's hope that's the plan.

this

SAUTO 01-10-2013 12:46 PM

and FTR i wouldnt have a problem with vick if he was good

supaboy 01-10-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9303130)
It doesn't matter if Vick was any good or not for Philly I really dont give a ****. Most of us are just sick and tired of the retread rehash QB that this organization force down our throughts. Mike Vick fits that mold. **** him do not want.

Lol taking a rookie over Vick is ludicrous. Who's to say that Geno will be the next Rg3 or Andrew Luck?In my opinion this years draft class is nowhere as good as the last. Lets say you take a chance on Geno and he's not the answer,then youre back in the same boat as you started with no qb and another losing season. Atleast you know Vick can win games. Also as long as ive known Andy he has never let a rookie start a season. Mcnabb didnt do it,neither did Foles.

Andy is the type of coach that will let the rookie sit and learn unless his starter is just screwing up badly where he has no choice. The only reason Foles got to start was because Vick got hurt and Andy was worried about the beating he was taking and knew that he and Vick would be gone at the end of the season anyways,so why risk Vicks health when he knew that theyd probably be on another team together.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 01-10-2013 12:47 PM

The Bengals could probably use Vick. Just him being on the team might make the players think twice before getting into trouble.

notorious 01-10-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9303160)

This.

bevischief 01-10-2013 12:54 PM

At this point I take just about anything that leads to winning. If the coaching staff thinks that's Vick so be it. Clark cleaned house and I will them a few seasons before calling for any heads.

supaboy 01-10-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9303160)

You dont forget how to be a good qb after two years. The Eagles started having problems when they started signing all those big name players after 2010. To many ego's. Vick has gotten every team he has been on to the playoffs.Funny thing is he got the Falcons to an NFC game without even studying his playbook. He got the Eagles there in 2010 after not being a starter in the league for 2 years. What im saying is. Vick is still a good player better than Geno or any other player on the Chiefs and it really shouldnt even be a debate. Reid's system takes two years to learn so even if you did draft Geno,he would ride the bench behind a vet anyways. Reid NEVER lets a rookie start the season. Never has and probably never will.

Cannibal 01-10-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supaboy (Post 9303196)
You dont forget how to be a good qb after to years. The Eagles started having problems when they started signing all those big name players after 2010. To many ego's. Vick has gotten every team he has been on to the playoffs.Funny thing is he got the Falcons to an NFC game without even studying his playbook. He got the Eagles there in 2010 after not being a starter in the league for 2 years. What im saying is. Vick is still a good player better than Geno or any other player on the Chiefs and it really shouldnt even be a debate.

I can think of many Chiefs players I'd rather have than Vick.

Yes, we need a QB, but we need one that is not washed up like Mike Vick is.

Rasputin 01-10-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supaboy (Post 9303162)
Lol taking a rookie over Vick is ludicrous. Who's to say that Geno will be the next Rg3 or Andrew Luck?In my opinion this years draft class is nowhere as good as the last. Lets say you take a chance on Geno and he's not the answer,then youre back in the same boat as you started with no qb and another losing season. Atleast you know Vick can win games. Also as long as ive known Andy he has never let a rookie start a season. Mcnabb didnt do it,neither did Foles.

Andy is the type of coach that will let the rookie sit and learn unless his starter is just screwing up badly where he has no choice. The only reason Foles got to start was because Vick got hurt and Andy was worried about the beating he was taking and knew that he and Vick would be gone at the end of the season anyways,so why risk Vicks health when he knew that theyd probably be on another team together.

30 ****ing years with out drafting a ****ing quarterback in the first round of the draft.

I don't give a ****. Take a chance on the kid give him the opportunity to succeed or fail. Give him the opportunity so we can find out. The risk isn't much with the rookie pay scale. Not much risk at all.

supaboy 01-10-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9303204)
I can think of many Chiefs players I'd rather have than Vick.

Yes, we need a QB, but we need one that is not washed up like Mike Vick is.

Vick isnt washed up at all. I know in training camp this season he said that he didnt train his legs because he was focusing on studying film and becoming a student of the game.If i had to guess its probably because with Mudd's blocking scheme it requires a statue at qb,and you have to call your own protections. Mudd even said before the season that Vick wouldnt be running around much this season. Huge Mistake. Thats one of his biggest strengths. Basically they tried to make Vick something he wasnt and thats a traditional pocket passer and take his mobility away and you saw what happened and add in the fact he had a poor Oline= Recipe for Disaster.

Rasputin 01-10-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supaboy (Post 9303232)
Vick isnt washed up at all. I know in training camp this season he said that he didnt train his legs because he was focusing on studying film and becoming a student of the game.If i had to guess its probably because with Mudd's blocking scheme it requires a statue at qb,and you have to call your own protections. Mudd even said before the season that Vick wouldnt be running around much this season. Huge Mistake. Thats one of his biggest strengths. Basically they tried to make Vick something he wasnt and thats a traditional pocket passer and take his mobility away and you saw what happened and add in the fact he had a poor Oline= Recipe for Disaster.

GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD we DON'T want Mike VICK. Quit trying to sell him to us. Keep him for yourselves you should be happy then. You are making and idiot out of yourself. Your and idiot.

supaboy 01-10-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9303221)
30 ****ing years with out drafting a ****ing quarterback in the first round of the draft.

I don't give a ****. Take a chance on the kid give him the opportunity to succeed or fail. Give him the opportunity so we can find out. The risk isn't much with the rookie pay scale. Not much risk at all.

Well i would be inclined to think that with the losing history of the Chiefs they'd probably want to make a safe choice at qb to avoid having another awful season. Thats why you bring a vet in like Vick to start. Hey its better to be safe than sorry. Arent you guys tired of losing? Why not go with the safe choice bring in Vick and draft Geno. You cant do wrong that way. If i was the owner i would do everything in my power to make sure the season doesnt turn out to be a travesty.

Rasputin 01-10-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supaboy (Post 9303243)
Well i would be inclined to think that with the losing history of the Chiefs they'd probably want to make a safe choice at qb to avoid having another awful season. Thats why you bring a vet in like Vick to start. Hey its better to be safe than sorry. Arent you guys tired of losing? Why not go with the safe choice bring in Vick and draft Geno. You cant do wrong that way. If i was the owner i would do everything in my power to make sure the season doesnt turn out to be a travesty.

We have been losing with the retread rehash QBs that you are suggesting we get. It's time to take a chance on a kid from the draft that we can hopefully build a team around and grow. I believe in the draft and the potential is > than the rehashed QBs we have seen.

**** MY LIFE.

Rasputin 01-10-2013 01:21 PM

I have seen first round draft pick QBs turn around franchises on a dime. So the **** what if these guys in this draft class arn't Andrew Luck, RGILL or Russell Wilson I don't give a ****. This draft class can make a name for themselves one way or another. They can find success as good coaching and their abilities allow them to do.

ChiefMojo 01-10-2013 01:22 PM

NO VICK!!!!!!!

Kerberos 01-10-2013 01:24 PM

<object width="420" height="245" id="msnbc5acad4" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0"><param name="movie" value="http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/33399756" /><param name="FlashVars" value="launch=50411830&amp;width=420&amp;height=245" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed name="msnbc5acad4" src="http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/33399756" width="420" height="245" FlashVars="launch=50411830&amp;width=420&amp;height=245" allowscriptaccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object><p style="font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; margin-top: 5px; background: transparent; text-align: center; width: 420px;"><a href="http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24471749" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">Breaking sports news video</a>. <a href="http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/3032825" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">MLB</a>, <a href="http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/3032875" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">NFL</a>, <a href="http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/3032847" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">NBA</a>, <a href="http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/3032803" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">NHL highlights</a> and <a href="http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24471749" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">more</a>.</p>

the Talking Can 01-10-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supaboy (Post 9303162)

please keep this nonsense in philly, thanks

we don't need a broke dick QB who can't hit the broadside of a barn...

we're drafting a QB, you can hang out on vick's myspace page

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-10-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9303238)
GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD we DON'T want Mike VICK. Quit trying to sell him to us. Keep him for yourselves you should be happy then. You are making and idiot out of yourself. Your and idiot.

LMAO

Quote:

You know that Molly Hatchet song, "Flirtin' With Disaster"?

Just sayin'.

Manila-Chief 01-10-2013 07:46 PM

What pops out at me is the fact we are getting info ... something the previous administration were good at hiding from us.

The more I hear the more I'm liking Andy. No, not an all star coach, but we have a chance to win the big one with him and an excellent QB. And with him we have a much better chance of the QB being excellent.

BlackHelicopters 01-10-2013 07:55 PM

I'd rather be probed anally sans lube than listen to Mike and Mike.

BossChief 01-10-2013 08:14 PM

"When asked about the QB situation he said he needs to first evaluate the talent on offense and determine the best path forward for the current "very young" players. "

Sound like he's talking about you know who.

threebag 01-10-2013 09:23 PM

Alex Tanney

milkman 01-10-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supaboy (Post 9303232)

Pocket passers win SBs.

Running QBs win jack.

Quote:

We've been doing the "safe choice" for 30 years.

Guess what.

It doesn't ****ing work.

Without risk, there can be no reward.

gta0012 01-10-2013 10:13 PM

Btw we would have all loved to have Ray Lewis on our team and he kills people. Just saying

Smed1065 01-10-2013 10:20 PM

I really do not care for the first year. I will let the new staff make the decisions and get critical in year 2 if need be. I doubt any QB starts (no matter the round taken) unless they are ready and the conditions are right in ARs' mind.