ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The fact that no one has been fired (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267114)

Dante84 11-27-2012 10:10 AM

The fact that no one has been fired

means that they are purposely trolling the league for the first pick, and everyone is in on it.

At the end of the season, Romeo will retire. Pioli brings in a new coach, buying himself 2 years with a rookie qb and the new staff, and Hunt lets fat Scott ride out the contract extension that he foolishly offered before the season began.

These are my concerns.

The Franchise 11-27-2012 10:11 AM

I'm still not understanding why Daboll hasn't been fired yet. I figured he would have been gone by now.

WV 11-27-2012 10:13 AM

If Clark had a clue he'd also fire Pioli so he could be actively doing his homework on GM replacements. Take a que from Carolina, they set themselves up to be able to hire a GM right after the season and that's smart.

This worries me that Peeholy may be back.

Sorter 11-27-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9156346)
means that they are purposely trolling the league for the first pick, and everyone is in on it.

At the end of the season, Romeo will retire. Pioli brings in a new coach, buying himself 2 years with a rookie qb and the new staff, and Hunt lets fat Scott ride out the contract extension that he foolishly offered before the season began.

These are my concerns.

http://i39.tinypic.com/ws0l20.jpg

RealSNR 11-27-2012 10:13 AM

I was told a contract extension would actually make firing Pioli EASIER, not harder.

KC_Lee 11-27-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9156355)
If Clark had a clue he'd also fire Pioli so he could be actively doing his homework on GM replacements. Take a que from Carolina, they set themselves up to be able to hire a GM right after the season and that's smart.

This worries me that Peeholy may be back.

Or that you can fire a coach during the season like the Titans did;

http://www.wsmv.com/story/20190338/t...dinator-palmer

KurtCobain 11-27-2012 10:19 AM

calm before the storm

Rasputin 11-27-2012 10:20 AM

I don't see any way Clark Hunt faces the MOB of the fans and media if he doesn't fire Scott Pioli. We got foaled by Scott Pioli we shall not get foaled again.

Dante84 11-27-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 9156370)
calm before the storm

Too much calm, not enough storm.

Hasn't even been a rain drop, and we are 1-10, having set or been on pace to set multiple records in futility.

No, I fear something deeper, something more sinister is at work.

RealSNR 11-27-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9156375)
I don't see any way Clark Hunt faces the MOB of the fans and media if he doesn't fire Scott Pioli. We got foaled by Scott Pioli we shall not get foaled again.

Neighver again

KurtCobain 11-27-2012 10:26 AM

pioli will not be firing anyone. he's too big of a pussy. Clark won't do it until the season ends.pioli will be gone and then everyone else will follow suit.

morphius 11-27-2012 10:34 AM

I know it is a little crazy, but I have wondered if SOC hasn't actually kept Clark from firing people so that it wouldn't look like the fans were running his club.

That being said, at this point I wouldn't expect anything till either Clark has hired a new GM or until the end of the season. Hopefully he learned from his earlier mistake of hiring Pioli so late that he was unable to really prepare properly for the draft.

Agent V 11-27-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9156400)
I know it is a little crazy, but I have wondered if SOC hasn't actually kept Clark from firing people so that it wouldn't look like the fans were running his club.

That being said, at this point I wouldn't expect anything till either Clark has hired a new GM or until the end of the season. Hopefully he learned from his earlier mistake of hiring Pioli so late that he was unable to really prepare properly for the draft.

Eh. I see your point, but fans were demanding Herm's and Carl's terminations too. Really, at this point, with this level of failure, it's not about being afraid of giving the impression that the fans are running the team; it's about doing the right thing for the organization. Clark would look even more foolish by being passive about it.

Rasputin 11-27-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 9156400)

I think he is just listening to what Marty Schottenheimer told him and that is to be patient.

I see it as if he has to have a consultant to evaluate the job of his GM then Pioli is all but gone. Just waiting it out at this point.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9156348)
I'm still not understanding why Daboll hasn't been fired yet. I figured he would have been gone by now.

He's not fireable, not by this regime.

Romeo can't fire Daboll because he hand-picked him. Pioli can't fire him because he hand-picked Romeo.

They can't fire anybody without incriminating themselves.

That's why Clark will get to fire all of them at the end of the season.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9156379)

Hasn't even been a rain drop, and we are 1-10, having set or been on pace to set multiple records in futility.

No, you're just too impatient.

HemiEd 11-27-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9156348)

With the history of OCs on this team the last few years, who would take the job?

mr. tegu 11-27-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9156379)

But there have been murmurs and hints that Pioli will be gone. Where there is smoke there's fire. Would Pioli have cut Routt? Let Romeo fire himself? And Clark has been visibly upset at games. Plus the stories and rumors that have been surfacing.

I am convinced that Clark knows that the best way to ensure the team finishes this season out with the worst record is to keep these clowns in place. Why fire people and risk the team uniting and playing hard for the next interim guy?

Hammock Parties 11-27-2012 10:44 AM

Clark can still conduct the search for the next GM without firing Pioli.

I'd guess there's some kind of contract issue that makes firing Pioli on Dec. 31 more palatable.

Or maybe he'd rather just let the Patriotards have this entire shitfest on their resume.

The Franchise 11-27-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9156421)
With the history of OCs on this team the last few years, who would take the job?

At this point? I don't give a ****. I'm just tired of seeing him on the sidelines.

Honestly though.....I'm starting to wonder why NOBODY has been fired. You figure that at some point in time there would have been a scapegoat for the season so far.....but nothing has come out. I'm hoping it's because Clark is going to shitcan every one of them at the end of the season.

Graystoke 11-27-2012 10:49 AM

I think the house will get cleaned end of season

htismaqe 11-27-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9156428)
Clark can still conduct the search for the next GM without firing Pioli.

I'd guess there's some kind of contract issue that makes firing Pioli on Dec. 31 more palatable.

Or maybe he'd rather just let the Patriotards have this entire shitfest on their resume.

THIS, THIS, and MORE THIS.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9156433)
At this point? I don't give a ****. I'm just tired of seeing him on the sidelines.

Honestly though.....I'm starting to wonder why NOBODY has been fired. You figure that at some point in time there would have been a scapegoat for the season so far.....but nothing has come out. I'm hoping it's because Clark is going to shitcan every one of them at the end of the season.

The only person that NEEDS scapegoats is Pioli. He can't fire any of these guys without incriminating himself.

They're all gone. Have heart.

ToxSocks 11-27-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

the only way to be sure we have the top draft pick is to keep the worst HC and OC employed till the end of the season.

It's a win/win for Clark.

If they turn it around, Clark has an excuse to not fire Pioli. If they don't, then not only can he fire them, but he gets the #1 QB in the draft.

He has nothing to lose by keeping them around.

notorious 11-27-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9156421)

What has been the one remaining product of those years?

TEX 11-27-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

These are my concerns.

Yep.

the Talking Can 11-27-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

These are my concerns.

agree with all this

i don't think pioli is going anywhere

Groves 11-27-2012 10:59 AM

i hear that Pioli hired fireman Ed to be his stunt double, just in case there were attempts of violence.

or maybe it was that Pioli is going to take Ed's place at the Jets game. I can't remember.

notorious 11-27-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9156461)
agree with all this

sigh

Dante84 11-27-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156417)
No, you're just too impatient.

Pretty sure I'm not.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9156450)
Yep.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9156461)
agree with all this

Amazing how beaten-down this fanbase is. :(

I was there earlier this season. Every loss has strengthened my heart.

It will all be over soon.

keg in kc 11-27-2012 11:01 AM

Doesn't matter whether or not they fire anybody now. What's imperative is that they move quickly after the season so they're not scraping the bottom of the barrel.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9156467)
Pretty sure I'm not.

What does firing anybody right now accomplish, other than making people like you happy?

Do you want to win football games in the long-term or not?

Rasputin 11-27-2012 11:02 AM

I'm not going to panic untill after the season about him getting fired. Make that mother ****er squirm as the season folds. If WE have to suffer then HE has to suffer in watching what HE put together on the field.

the Talking Can 11-27-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156468)

I was there earlier this season. Every loss has strengthened my heart.

It will all be over soon.

i'll have to see it to believe it, especially with the rumors that pioli already has an extension...

i'm happy we're getting the #1 pick, that will force us to take a QB...but I also think Clark doesn't want the inconvenience of a new GM and the total employee turnover it entails...

Dante84 11-27-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156473)
What does firing anybody right now accomplish, other than making people like you happy?

Do you want to win football games in the long-term or not?

That's what I'm addressing in starting this thread.

By not firing anyone, we are clearly saying that we are TRYING to get the first overall pick.

Dante84 11-27-2012 11:04 AM

And I'm fine with getting the first pick. I want it.

I'm just sayin'.

Hammock Parties 11-27-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156468)

I've forgotten how to be a Chiefs fan and for two years I've been a "lose horribly so we can get a QB" fan.

I'm broken.

suds79 11-27-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Pioli brings in a new coach, buying himself 2 years with a rookie qb and the new staff, and Hunt lets fat Scott ride out the contract extension that he foolishly offered before the season began.

Nope don't buy it. I think Clark knows he will lose too many fans if he brings back Scott.

I think he's just waiting until the season's end to do it.

bevischief 11-27-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9156475)
I'm not going to panic untill after the season about him getting fired. Make that mother ****er squirm as the season folds. If WE have to suffer then HE has to suffer in watching what HE put together on the field.

This.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9156478)
That's what I'm addressing in starting this thread.

By not firing anyone, we are clearly saying that we are TRYING to get the first overall pick.

At this point, we'll have the 1st pick regardless.

What do you WANT them to do? What would make you feel better?

If they fire Daboll, or RAC, Pioli brings another lackey in for the rest of the season. What does that accomplish?

If they fire Pioli, do RAC and Daboll get fired too? Who backfills those positions? Losers already on the staff?

Whoever the GM and HC are next year, they are going to want to start FRESH with their OWN program. NOBODY wants to come here to finish out the last 5 games of this shit storm.

There's no reason to fire anybody right now unless Clark's interested in making a token (aka useless) gesture to the fans.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9156476)
i'll have to see it to believe it, especially with the rumors that pioli already has an extension...

i'm happy we're getting the #1 pick, that will force us to take a QB...but I also think Clark doesn't want the inconvenience of a new GM and the total employee turnover it entails...

You do realize that the rumors of his extension also included the rumor that his contract was extended to make buying him out EASIER, right?

the Talking Can 11-27-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156490)
You do realize that the rumors of his extension also included the rumor that his contract was extended to make buying him out EASIER, right?

the second part was pure speculation...the only thing close to a consensus rumor we've heard concerning pioli is that he was extended sometime following the 2010 season...

Dante84 11-27-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156487)
At this point, we'll have the 1st pick regardless.

What do you WANT them to do? What would make you feel better?

If they fire Daboll, or RAC, Pioli brings another lackey in for the rest of the season. What does that accomplish?

If they fire Pioli, do RAC and Daboll get fired too? Who backfills those positions? Losers already on the staff?

Whoever the GM and HC are next year, they are going to want to start FRESH with their OWN program. NOBODY wants to come here to finish out the last 5 games of this shit storm.

There's no reason to fire anybody right now unless Clark's interested in making a token (aka useless) gesture to the fans.

You fire people to make a point that losing in this manner is not acceptable.

And people have interim coaches/Gm's all the time. Even when the back fill sucks.

The purpose is to hit the ground running on being the first team to make hires. This bit us in the ass when we hired Scott so late, and held on to herm through the end of Feb.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9156493)
the second part was pure speculation...the only thing close to a consensus rumor we've heard concerning pioli is that he was extended sometime following the 2010 season...

The people that originated the rumor (Petro for one) also originated the rumor that his extension is "termination friendly".

It's ALL rumor.

The fact that you would choose to believe one part and not the other says more about your state of mind than the actual rumors themselves.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9156498)
You fire people to make a point that losing in this manner is not acceptable.

And that does what in terms of building a long-term winner?

Quote:

And people have interim coaches/Gm's all the time. Even when the back fill sucks.

Yeah, then that interim coach wins a few games and gets hired permanently. No thanks.

Quote:

The purpose is to hit the ground running on being the first team to make hires. This bit us in the ass when we hired Scott so late, and held on to herm through the end of Feb.

Carl resigned with TWO WEEKS LEFT IN THE SEASON. The fact we were late hiring Pioli had NOTHING to do with the previous regime.

Firing Pioli now does nothing in terms of "hitting the ground running". Those preparations are being made (or not) regardless of Pioli's status.

HemiEd 11-27-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

I could not agree more, and knew at the time they hired Daboll that he was the was the last tit on the hog.
Nobody else wanted the job and nobody else wanted Daboll. A match made in hell.

tooge 11-27-2012 11:28 AM

I'm not sure what to think, but I'm fairly certain RAC is gone, Daboll is gone, and we will get our QB at the top of the draft somewhere. If, and that is a big IF, Pioli is retained, I'm sure it will be with a diminished role in player personell.

BlackHelicopters 11-27-2012 11:31 AM

Correct me if I am wrong, but we can't contact any other team's employee's until that team's season is complete? Fire Pioli at the end of the season. I hope that CHunt has some football person somewhere that he can trust doing research for him right now. We can only hope. And play good football.

BigRock 11-27-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9156493)

The rumor about Pioli already signing an extension came from geeks on KC radio. And if he did sign after 2010, who cares? So Clark will have to buy him out. What did Clark end up wasting on Routt this year, about $6 million? What's cheaper in the long run, buying Pioli out or continuing to waste money on shitty Pioli signings for a few more years? It's a no-brainer. Bye, Scott.

Then there was a rumor from Jason LaCanfora that Pioli had been offered a two-year extension this year and hadn't signed it because of the buyout language. Which would obviously suggest that he didn't sign an extension previously. But Clark came out and denied that story literally within hours as if he couldn't wait to squash it. Which should have spoken volumes and instead has been completely forgotten.

It was in response to the story Clark denied that people said a two-year extension with questionable buyout language isn't a contract you offer to someone you want to keep. So even if Clark's denial was a lie, the real story is still bad for Pioli.

None of these rumors are good for him. Then there's the Marty rumor -- also not good for Scotty. And if there's a rumor saying "Clark is still in Pioli's corner", I sure haven't heard it.

Groves 11-27-2012 11:37 AM

As long as Clark is mum on BOTH the firing and the retaining, I'm happy.

Seriously, like he's going to start rolling that public snowball if it doesn't benefit him? I don't blame him...until he keeps Pioli.

All manner of hades will break loose if he does, and hopefully he knows it.

Dante84 11-27-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

And that does what in terms of building a long-term winner?
The same as it does by keeping them on staff. Nothing.

Its about the bigger point, which is appeasing your shareholders - the fans. Someone needs their ass fired. This happens in business all the time.

Quote:

Yeah, then that interim coach wins a few games and gets hired permanently. No thanks.
This rarely, if ever happens. Know why? Because this type of season happens, that's why.

This is a prime example of why that is a ****ing reeruned solution. Just because you have an interim coach/gm doesn't mean shit in terms of retention. You need a solid decision maker to recognize this.

Scott is not a solid decision maker.

Quote:

Carl resigned with TWO WEEKS LEFT IN THE SEASON. The fact we were late hiring Pioli had NOTHING to do with the previous regime.
Carl got his ass fired, because he wasnt performing well. As he damn well should have. Everyone rejoiced. It made no difference on the outcome of the season. What's different from this season? What do we "gain" by waiting? NOTHING. What do we "gain" by firing him now? NOTHING - except happy customers (fans).

Quote:

Firing Pioli now does nothing in terms of "hitting the ground running". Those preparations are being made (or not) regardless of Pioli's status.
If those preparations are being made, interviews and such, why do it in the dark and be discreet, with the risk of a huge PR fiasco and Lame Duck speculations? Why allow Scott the time to make preparations, communicate with staff, etc... if you know he's leaving? If you know he's gone, you make him pack his office and escort his ass out. That's how business works.

Firing him now does nothing, but it does make the fans are happy.

Firing him later does nothing, absolutely nothing good.

Fat Elvis 11-27-2012 11:38 AM

If Pioli is fired, and that is a big if, it won't happen until the end of the season. Clark has stated that he wants stability, and going through GMs every few years isn't exactly a sign of stability. Lamar gave his GMs a lot of time, and I think Clark may (hope not) do the same. Either way, if Pioli is canned, it won't be until the season is over; no top flight GM candidate will work for an owner who fires the FO in the middle of the season. It just comes across as petty and unprofessional. If you want a first class organization, you wait until the end of the season--no matter how bad the season goes. As a GM, you don't want to have to be looking over your shoulder every single game. After the season, especially this season, fire to your hearts content-Clark would be fully justified in doing so and I don't think any potential GM would begrudge him.

Fat Elvis 11-27-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9156549)

Its about the bigger point, which is appeasing your shareholders - the fans. Someone needs their ass fired. This happens in business all the time.

This rarely, if ever happens. Know why? Because this type of season happens, that's why.

This is a prime example of why that is a ****ing reeruned solution. Just because you have an interim coach/gm doesn't mean shit in terms of retention. You need a solid decision maker to recognize this.

Carl got his ass fired, because he wasnt performing well. As he damn well should have. Everyone rejoiced. It made no difference on the outcome of the season. What's different from this season? What do we "gain" by waiting? NOTHING. What do we "gain" by firing him now? NOTHING - except happy customers (fans).

If those preparations are being made, interviews and such, why do it in the dark and be discreet, with the risk of a huge PR fiasco and Lame Duck speculations? Why allow Scott the time to make preparations, communicate with staff, etc... if you know he's leaving? If you know he's gone, you make him pack his office and escort his ass out. That's how business works.

You're completely delusional if you think the fans are the shareholders.

Ace Gunner 11-27-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

These are my concerns.

and if this happens, I'm out before I waste another season.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

First of all, the fans are not shareholders.

2nd, you acknowledge that it does nothing yet you still insist that it happens.

That's an emotional response, not a rational one.

Quote:

And nobody you bring in with 5 games left in a 1-10 season is going to be a solid decision maker either.

Quote:

Again, you acknowledge the firing him now gains nothing, except that it make you feel better. That's not a good or prudent way to run a business.

Quote:

So back to my original point - you're simply being impatient.

Firing him now or at the end of the season accomplishes the EXACT same thing, INCLUDING appeasing the fans.

The difference is that firing him now appeases the fans NOW, because they can't wait 5 ****ing weeks. Do you let your kids open Christmas presents on Thanksgiving, too? :p

Dante84 11-27-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9156558)
You're completely delusional if you think the fans are the shareholders.

Typo - meant to say stakeholders.

Mr. Laz 11-27-2012 11:54 AM

people cheered the Colts for sucking for Luck

declared it brilliant

The Franchise 11-27-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9156594)
people cheered the Colts for sucking for Luck

declared it brilliant

And they got a new GM and HC out of it as well.

Mr. Laz 11-27-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9156596)
And they got a new GM and HC out of it as well.

we will get a new HC out of it ... don't know about GM yet

most of the Pioli hate around here is borderline stupidity anyway

getting a stud QB and a good HC is what he's screwed up so far and if he gets fired for messing up QB/HC then i understand

but as long as those 2 things get fixed, then i'm ok if he stays

gblowfish 11-27-2012 12:04 PM

They haven't fired anybody, but they did hire Reid the Red in the PR Dept. to write propaganda for the Chiefs website.

Double Plus Good!

Hammock Parties 11-27-2012 12:05 PM

Laz is a ****ing moron, once again. Jesus.

donkhater 11-27-2012 12:06 PM

Personally, I hope they wait to the end of the season to fire anyone.

Why?

1. It all but guarantees the #1 pick that can be used for trade bait if a great D player is there or take the QB.

2. But most importantly, someone coming in mid season (like Crennel did last year) entrenches the guy, and if he has some success, there may be less motivation on the part of Hunt to clean house.

Lzen 11-27-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9156357)

What movie is that?

mr. tegu 11-27-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9156603)

getting a stud QB and a good HC is what he's screwed up so far and if he gets fired for messing up QB/HC then i understand

http://t.qkme.me/3q0aph.jpg

Hammock Parties 11-27-2012 12:12 PM

Signs.

Mel Gibson's alien movie.

Mr. Laz 11-27-2012 12:12 PM

not firing anyone yet does NOTHING to prevent Hunt for doing his homework on replacements.

zero ... zip ... nada

when the season is over and the playoff starts then and only then does the clock start about firing/hiring etc. With as slow as Hung moved last time i wouldn't be surprised to see the Chiefs wait until after the super bowl again.

wait so long hurt us last time, hope Hunt doesn't screw around again

mr. tegu 11-27-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9156614)
What movie is that?

Signs.

Rasputin 11-27-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

If it were up to me I would have fired both Todd Haley and Scott Pioli after the Miami game last year. That was an abomination to football. That game to me was unforgivable & all the ass kickings we have had under Scott Pioli are unforgivable as there has been so manny of them we had to endure.

Now I can wait untill the end of the season for Scott Pioli to get fired just because I want him to suffer with us & see the banners in the sky for him to look at. I want him to know how much we hate what he has done to us.

Sorter 11-27-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Wut?

He's made almost every position worse. He has proven inept at getting quality DLineman, consistently reached for players throughout the draft, made no quality changes in the secondary (unless you count Javier and Lewis), has drafted WRs who can't gain separation, refused to hire anyone from outside "The Tree" in a significant role, and has only provided 1/2 of a season with a quality #2 RB.

It would be much simpler to state the things Pioli has done well.
1. Save Clark money
2. Improve the O-line (however, Jeff Allen seems to have been a reach and he's failed on O-line FAs and picks as well)
3. Drafted Eric Berry, Houston.
4. Signed Tamba, DJ, Flowers, and Charles to extensions.

If you think he's only screwed up 2 things in HC and QB, then IDK what to tell you. Incidentally, he screwed up the 2 most valuable pieces to a franchise.

Sorter 11-27-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9156614)
What movie is that?

Signs.

Edit: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Mr. Laz 11-27-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9156615)

absolutely, i'm serious.

this rumor filled bullshit campaign about Pioli is just stupid ... it's taken on a life of it's own. Everyone believing every dumbass story that comes out because they WANT to believe it.

Pioli has failed to win
Pioli has failed to get a QB
Pioli has failed to get a quality coaching staff

If these 3 things gets him fired then so be it but all that other idiotic stuff is worthless fan fodder.

Mr. Laz 11-27-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9156621)
Wut?

He's made almost every position worse.

i disagree completely

htismaqe 11-27-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9156585)
Typo - meant to say stakeholders.

Stakeholders is more accurate, definitely.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9156626)
absolutely, i'm serious.

this rumor filled bullshit campaign about Pioli is just stupid ... it's taken on a life of it's own. Everyone believing every dumbass story that comes out because they WANT to believe it.

Pioli has failed to win
Pioli has failed to get a QB
Pioli has failed to get a quality coaching staff

If these 3 things gets him fired then so be it but all that other idiotic stuff is worthless fan fodder.

You have a real problem with the whole Arrowhead Anxiety because you don't think candy wrappers and locked doors matter.

They obviously do matter when the guy is preoccupied with secrecy and supremacy to the point that he can't field a competent football team.

The other stuff is NOT idiotic no matter how much you want to say it is. Ignoring these things doesn't make you anything but ignorant.

Lzen 11-27-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9156525)

Yeah, that worked out so well with Romeo. :doh!:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9156358)
I was told a contract extension would actually make firing Pioli EASIER, not harder.

Can someone explain this?

Sorter 11-27-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9156626)
absolutely, i'm serious.

Pioli has failed to win
Pioli has failed to get a SINGLE QUALITY QBover a 4 year period
Pioli has failed to get a quality coaching staffsee above
Pioli has also failed to get quality D-Lineman who can rush the passer
Pioli has struggled drafting or adding quality players in the secondary
Pioli has failed to make a horrible receiving corp significantly better
Pioli has failed in everything but O-line picks, resigning valuable players (until last year and presumably this year with Albert and Bowe), and the drafting of Eric Berry and Justin Houston

FYP

htismaqe 11-27-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donkhater (Post 9156611)
Personally, I hope they wait to the end of the season to fire anyone.

Why?

1. It all but guarantees the #1 pick that can be used for trade bait if a great D player is there or take the QB.

2. But most importantly, someone coming in mid season (like Crennel did last year) entrenches the guy, and if he has some success, there may be less motivation on the part of Hunt to clean house.

Look at it this way:

A guy like Bill Cowher isn't going to take a job where he won't have a franchise QB.

The only thing that comes close to having an already-entrenched franchise QB is having the #1 overall pick...

mr. tegu 11-27-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 9156642)
Can someone explain this?

It was rumored that the extension would have had an easy buyout for option for Clark which is why Pioli didn't sign it.

KurtCobain 11-27-2012 12:25 PM

You would think at the very least a PR guy would get canned, giving all this bad press with soc and everything.