ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Will you spend money on the Chiefs next year? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264740)

pr_capone 10-06-2012 11:20 PM

Will you spend money on the Chiefs next year?

Will you renew... STH?

Will you buy tickets to single games?

Will you buy gear?

Speak with your dollars.

Ceej 10-06-2012 11:22 PM

Seems like a rhetorical question to me.

Unless said Chiefs fan is a masochist.

Bump 10-06-2012 11:22 PM

I wouldn't buy it anyways. But if I had it right now, I would get rid of them in a hypothetical situation.

clyde05 10-06-2012 11:23 PM

If they draft a franchise qb

Shogun 10-06-2012 11:24 PM

I havent spent on them in years

|Zach| 10-06-2012 11:25 PM

This year? No.

Next year? Too early to tell.

qabbaan 10-06-2012 11:28 PM

I'll let you know next year.

Hammock Parties 10-06-2012 11:28 PM

If Pioli is here? Maybe.

If Cassel is.

No.

O.city 10-06-2012 11:30 PM

If smith goes on to win the heisman and we draft him in the first, season tickets would sell out

A Salt Weapon 10-06-2012 11:31 PM

Yeah probably. All the disappointment will have been forgotten by then. I know it's pathetic, however a good off season will rebuild excitement.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo 10-06-2012 11:36 PM

If they draft Geno Smith, I'll buy season tickets.

Chief3188 10-06-2012 11:41 PM

Several things have to happen in order for me to come up from New Orleans to see a game again next season.

In order of priority

1. Get rid of casshole

2. Draft a first round QB

3. Resign Bowe

nstygma 10-06-2012 11:44 PM

i don't spend much as it is. usually i go to a few games with tickets purchased on stubhub or whatever. i would likely do the same. especially if all of you are selling your tickets for dirt prices.

Deberg_1990 10-06-2012 11:44 PM

Wont spend a dime until Pioli is gone.

okcchief 10-06-2012 11:45 PM

As others have said.

Fire Pioli.

Shitcan Cassel

Draft a QB first round.

I'm all in.

That's why I'm rooting for epic failure the rest of the season. Let fatty and Matty die for our sins.

pr_capone 10-06-2012 11:46 PM

I want a 1st Rd QB. Cassel is an great guy. His coming back from appendicitis and playing was AWESOME. We loved how he is always tough and gritty. Like he said... he is a grinder. No doubt.

I appreciated his work here. He is a tough guy and a great person. This isn't personal.

Matt:

I wish you were a starting QB. I wanted you to be the guy. I wasn't sold at first... then 2010 but damn, that was a super weak schedule. You also had Jamaal ripping up 6.4 YPC... but it wasn't you leading the way. It has never been you leading the way.

I wish you success. Elsewhere.

BossChief 10-06-2012 11:50 PM

If we draft Geno, I'm buying 3 seats worth of season tickets.

I already have the money set aside.

I haven't spent a dime on this team the last 2 years because I knew it would be wasted money.

Unsmooth-Moment 10-06-2012 11:50 PM

I will not renew my season tix unless we have a different QB calling plays next year.

EDIT: If we draft a Geno, Barkley, or Wilson I will upgrade my 2 seats.

2bikemike 10-06-2012 11:50 PM

I am afraid I might spend money on a banner to fly over the stadium, This time to fire boy Hunt.

Kyle DeLexus 10-07-2012 12:07 AM

I'm with most in the thread. If we draft Geno or a few other QB's in the 1st I'll spend money on the team. I'd rather Scat Pioli not be in charge of selecting the teams next QB, but I can live with it if there is a legit young QB to build around on the roster next season.

I don't trust him though, we'd probably end up with Ryan Mallett as our starting QB if Pioli is left in charge.

hometeam 10-07-2012 12:08 AM

Im already on the program this year.

Otter 10-07-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 8984338)
As others have said.

Fire Pioli.

Shitcan Cassel

Draft a QB first round.

I'm all in.

That's why I'm rooting for epic failure the rest of the season. Let fatty and Matty die for our sins.

^

AussieChiefsFan 10-07-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8984340)
I want a 1st Rd QB. Cassel is an great guy. His coming back from appendicitis and playing was AWESOME. We loved how he is always tough and gritty. Like he said... he is a grinder. No doubt.

I appreciated his work here. He is a tough guy and a great person. This isn't personal.

Matt:

I wish you were a starting QB. I wanted you to be the guy. I wasn't sold at first... then 2010 but damn, that was a super weak schedule. You also had Jamaal ripping up 6.4 YPC... but it wasn't you leading the way. It has never been you leading the way.

I wish you success. Elsewhere.

Well said!

Mama Hip Rockets 10-07-2012 12:32 AM

I made a commitment last year to not spend another dollar on tickets until Cassel was gone. And I'm sticking to that commitment.

pr_capone 10-07-2012 12:46 AM

The most common opposition I have hear so far has been. "You have to speak with your dollars". Don't show up. Don't spend money on them. Don't give them your dollars. Blackout. Empty stadium.

The money for season ticket holders is spend and done. But there are more and more empty seats at Arrowhead each week. The boos rain down and we don't do it because it is fun or it is a neat thing to do. You know what that sound is? Grown men (and women too... but let's be realistic here) crying. Crying like they are a teenager having to break up with the love of his life because she is too selfish to care.

Woo... free jerseys.

People that were going to buy tickets to a football game at Arrowhead are likely to be the casual observers. The people that are... "Yay... we know the chants" "Woo! We stand up on 3rd downs right?" will be the typical Arrowhead goer in 2003. No fire in the crowd because there is no longer any pride left in the ones invested in the franchise and in the history.

Who reading this remembers Arrowhead stadium in the 90's and the late 00's? How thunderous and scary our stadium was. You couldn't talk to the person next to you on defensive 3rd downs. We would brag that we were rookie breakers. We would cause the offense to false start. They would have to take time outs to regroup. We caused Ryan Leaf's epic meltdown. The last time I can remember the crowd being "Arrowhead" was the Thanksgiving Day game.

MMXcalibur 10-07-2012 12:57 AM

If Cassel is still the QB? No, I'm not making that trip across Kansas again to see that shit.

Psyko Tek 10-07-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8984289)
Will you renew... STH?

Will you buy tickets to single games?

Will you buy gear?

Speak with your dollars.

I have not bought any new chiefs gear in?
I am wearing a dante hall jersey right now

memyselfI 10-07-2012 06:38 AM

I voted yes because I have to wear local sports gear for my job. But, I won't spend much on the Chiefs or Royals until they stop embarrassing the city. And I definitely won't buy tickets to either.

BoneKrusher 10-07-2012 06:43 AM

i haven't bought or spent money on anything chiefs related since 2009.
if Pioli, Cassel and Romeo are here next season:

NO

i'm tired of the Patriot way, it's all Brady and Bill.

Rasputin 10-07-2012 06:45 AM

Geno Smith or the best QB available in the first round.

"No Excuses"

It's my choice.

BigCohiba 10-07-2012 06:53 AM

If Pioli and cassel are here (and cassel's the starter)...NO! Not a dime.

Franchise QB and new GM (RAC I could live with for 1 year under different mgmt)...yes!

Mother****erJones 10-07-2012 06:55 AM

Yes if they have a new GM HC and Geno Smith

Mother****erJones 10-07-2012 06:56 AM

If pioli's here then not a chance in hell because we won't draft Geno

bevischief 10-07-2012 07:12 AM

Where is the banner or whatever we decide that works option?

Rausch 10-07-2012 07:17 AM

Waiting for offseason to see who GM/HC/QB is...

Mr. Arrowhead 10-07-2012 07:25 AM

im at that point this year, havent spend a dime on them so far this year, dont plan on it anytime after that until Cassel is gone.

Warrior5 10-07-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8984382)
Im already on the program this year.

I started last year... not one damn penny while he's on the roster.

As far as next year? I've added Crennel as HC to my conditions.

qabbaan 10-07-2012 07:32 AM

You guys, Cassel is gone. He has dishonored Pioli. He has played himself our of a job.

No one, not even someone with a massive ego who hand picked him for a job, can be under any delusion that Cassel is a franchise QB any longer. Pioli might not be good at evaluating talent in advance, but any idiot can evaluate it after the fact.

They say things like "Cassel is our QB, he grades out fine" because there is no other option. I'm sure Pioli wishes there was another option - heck they shut Cassel down with a fake injury last year to save face and they went with that washout Orton.

The point is, Cassel has endangered Pioli's job. There is no way he will be back next year.

The only question is whether or not Pioli and the rest of the reject coaching staff will be

Dayze 10-07-2012 07:36 AM

Fortunately I haven't bought any chiefs gear in four yrs. no hats, t shirts, sweat shirts, hoodies, beer coozies, etc

Meanwhile I've acquired a nice stash of Alabama gear.
NFL meaning less and less to me each year. Chiefs are the only reason I watch it anyway. So when they suck, I don't miss the NFL one bit.

wazu 10-07-2012 07:43 AM

Would love to say no, but have really good season tickets. I don't believe there is any way Cassel is back, though.

Bugeater 10-07-2012 07:44 AM

I haven't spent any this year.

stonedstooge 10-07-2012 07:46 AM

Won't even purchase Cheaps shit at garage sales

threebag 10-07-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8984314)
If Pioli is here? Maybe.

If Cassel is.

No.

This. **** The Matt Cassel

The Iron Chief 10-07-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8984314)
If Pioli is here? Maybe.

If Cassel is.

No.

This ^

I haven't spent one penny on anything to do with the Chiefs this yr.

Sadly I have no intention of putting my Chief ornaments on the Xmas tree this yr either.
And I so look forward to annoying my family with what I consider the ugliest ornament of all time.
If I didnt have to dig it out I'd post a pic of it.
Its a Chipmunk dressed in Santa/chief gear holding a Chiefs banner on a pair of skis.
And it is ugly.
I usually place it dead center but this yr it stays in the box. :deevee:

The Bad Guy 10-07-2012 08:27 AM

If Cassel is here, and you spend money on the Chiefs, you deserve to root for a loser every year of your ****ing life.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-07-2012 08:31 AM

Depends.

This year, I haven't and won't spend a dime. Next year I might make plans to make the trek if PeeWee's gone.

Backwards Masking 10-07-2012 08:34 AM

depends on if Little Rich Boy is 30 million under the cap again.

I know technically he's suppose to spend it, but people like Little Rich Boy are good at hiding monies and maximizing revenue at our expense. Little Rich Boy probably learned it from his daddy, (who was also consistently under the cap in the later years)

If Little Rich Boy won't spend money, why should the fans?

DaFace 10-07-2012 08:35 AM

I'll still buy NFLST, so I voted yes. I've been wanting to make it back to a game for a couple years now, though, and I won't do that until Cassel is gone.

The Bad Guy 10-07-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8984678)
I'll still buy NFLST, so I voted yes. I've been wanting to make it back to a game for a couple years now, though, and I won't do that until Cassel is gone.

See, I don't count NFLST as supporting the Chiefs. I buy it largely because I love the NFL and even if I wasn't a diehard fan, I'd still have it. The Chiefs get their money from DirecTV whether or not I purchase.

Old Dog 10-07-2012 08:45 AM

Didn't renew mine THIS year.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-07-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8984685)
See, I don't count NFLST as supporting the Chiefs. I buy it largely because I love the NFL and even if I wasn't a diehard fan, I'd still have it. The Chiefs get their money from DirecTV whether or not I purchase.

This. I'll have Sunday Ticket every year no matter what the Chiefs play like. Too many good games and I don't have to watch teams forced down our throats every week (cough Broncos, Cowboys cough) if I don't want to.

dtebbe 10-07-2012 09:51 AM

I stopped this year.

No season tickets (1st year since 99 or so) - and my seats were on row 8 - 40 yardline behind the Chiefs bench..
No sunday ticket (1st year since 1995)

DT

HonestChieffan 10-07-2012 10:40 AM

I fully expect my son to pull the plug on our seats. I may be wrong because we will never be able get seats this good again. But after 20 plus years I am done and will stay home and watch. Sad really. I have had so many enjoyable times at Arrowhead but the new parking, smaller spaces, the bad team, and the$$ finally pushed me out

Gonzo 10-07-2012 11:41 AM

I havent been to a game since Herm's 2nd year and I won't spend a ****ing Nickle on them until they start spending some on winning.

pr_capone 10-07-2012 09:39 PM

bumped because I want more votes on this.

soopamanluva 10-07-2012 10:05 PM

If they clean house, get competent management and a new qb through the draft, I will. Other than that, nope