ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Ben Roethlisberger called his own plays against Buffalo (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262853)

Titty Meat 08-25-2012 10:34 PM

Ben Roethlisberger called his own plays against Buffalo

Jason Smith ‏@howaboutafresca
Ben Roethlisberger called his own plays against Buffalo, upset with the sideline. Yes, this Todd Haley thing is going very smoothly.

Jasmine Chianne ‏@_BLITZBURGH
When Ben Roethlisberger calls his own plays, magic happens I swear. #SteelerNation

Max Ratliff ‏@maxratliff13
Oh man and now Ben Roethlisberger is arguing with Todd Haley. Hilarious! No postseason

ROFL

RINGLEADER 08-25-2012 10:35 PM

Love it.

RealSNR 08-25-2012 10:35 PM

Todd Haley is the protagonist from an Ayn Rand novel

BWillie 08-25-2012 10:37 PM

Todd Haley is such a chode. I hope he doesn't put up with Haley's shit.

-King- 08-25-2012 10:38 PM

Todd Haley will be a head coach next season /ChiefsandOsDumbass
Posted via Mobile Device

In58men 08-25-2012 10:39 PM

Ben: "What the ****, HB dive on 3 and 12"?

Alright fellas get in here, I got trips right on 3. Ready break.

What a pass by Ben to move the chains

Brock 08-25-2012 10:40 PM

Uh oh, Todd found somebody he can't yell at.

-King- 08-25-2012 10:42 PM

They had more yards on the drive Ben Roethlisberger called plays than in the entire half when Haley was calling plays :)

Quote:

"Well, I called the plays, and I can see what's going on defense," Roethlisberger told NFL.com and NFL Network's Kimberly Jones at halftime. "Guys made great plays. We had a running back make a catch on the sideline like a receiver. We utilized the middle of the field, guys got out of bounds and it saved us time. We only had one timeout, and we didn't have to use it until we got all the way down. So I think it was a pretty successful drive for us."
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock 08-25-2012 10:44 PM

Figurehead OC, LOL.

Frazod 08-25-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8853064)
Uh oh, Todd found somebody he can't yell at.

Ben might rape him later, too.

Black Bob 08-25-2012 10:49 PM

Can't blame him. Hiring Haley in Pittsburgh was absolutely the worst match ever. Ben is the king of breaking plays. It's his entire game. Haley is all about running his syetm to perfection. I know they wanted to get Ben's ass in gear but, their styles are the problem. Why would you hire a guy who won't play to Ben's strength? I dunno? maybe they want him to be more of a straigh line pocket passer to extend his career?

Munson 08-25-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8853081)
Ben might rape him later, too.

Its not rape if he likes it. :eek:

milkman 08-25-2012 11:05 PM

So Roethlisberger called plays in a two minute drill, and people are making a big deal of that?

Seriously?

LMAO

Titty Meat 08-25-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8853119)
So Roethlisberger called plays in a two minute drill, and people are making a big deal of that?

Seriously?

LMAO

Yeah they were arguing for fun ROFL

Pitt Gorilla 08-25-2012 11:13 PM

Raplisberger for Chiefs OC? :shrug:

BigMeatballDave 08-25-2012 11:15 PM

What is this fascination with Todd?

I mean, I actually liked him.

He's gone. Let him go...

BigMeatballDave 08-25-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 8853058)
Todd Haley is such a chode. I hope he doesn't put up with Haley's shit.

:hmmm:

siberian khatru 08-25-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8853055)
Todd Haley is the protagonist from an Ayn Rand novel

LMAO

JD10367 08-26-2012 12:00 AM

I'm surprised they're not getting along. They have so much in common.

http://picchore.com/wp-content/uploa...imated-gif.gif

Frazod 08-26-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8853226)

Holy shit LMAO

KCrockaholic 08-26-2012 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8853226)

Can anybody guess correctly which year and which game that gif is from?

BryanBusby 08-26-2012 01:33 AM

Before the Steelers game back in '09 I believe

chiefzilla1501 08-26-2012 07:35 AM

Whether Ben likes to play his way is irrelevant. Whether that style has worked in the past is irrelevant. Bens way of broken plays is a sure way to shorten his career by several years. He's 30 now and at the point in his career when most qbs of his style have to make some changes.

Black Bob 08-26-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8853146)
What is this fascination with Todd?

I mean, I actually liked him.

He's gone. Let him go...

He set us back imo. We should have been good last year and we would have if he hadn't been the coach. I resent him. He goes around yelling at everyone and he never even played college football. He was a golf player in college. He's Happy ****ing Gilmore.

He is a legend in his own mind. It's the way he ran training camp last year. It's the way he had the three person playcalling system with him, Muir, and Zorn. He thinks is so smart and that he can revolutionize the game or something. There is a reason the rest of the league did it one way.

He only had success in Arizona because of the weapons he had. He doesn't know how to run the ball. He ran off Charlie Weis. He was nothing without Weis.

I believe him about the phone tapping. I think Pioli did it and is a sociopath. I just don't care because I hate him so much. He wasted my time for three years. He's the same thing as lane Kiffen. A loser who is riding his daddy's name. I ****ing hate him.:)

MahiMike 08-26-2012 07:56 AM

Sending this to the asshole at work with the Steelers flag above his cube.

Dave Lane 08-26-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8853424)
He thinks is so smart and that he can revolutionize the game or something. There is a reason the rest of the league did it one way.

Boy are you ever right. I mean think of the audacity of some of these know it all coaches that think they know something the rest of the league isn't doing. Those morans with the "West Coast" offense I mean WTF was that? And the Forward pass? Stupid. If you don't run up the middle you aren't playing football thats arena football.

In58men 08-26-2012 07:59 AM

I wish we could have a QB that calls his own plays. Someone who takes control of the offense.

We don't get anything nice like that.

Black Bob 08-26-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 8853440)
Boy are you ever right. I mean think of the audacity of some of these know it all coaches that think they know something the rest of the league isn't doing. Those morans with the "West Coast" offense I mean WTF was that? And the Forward pass? Stupid. If you don't run up the middle you aren't playing football thats arena football.

Yep, but the point is that Haley isn't one of those guys. He is no where near being one of those guys. That's what makes it funny. He's a legend in his own mind.

Red Dawg 08-26-2012 07:59 AM

We all knew this would happen. Ben is the guy with the power, he has the rings and really should not have to take shit from Haley and he won't as we can see now.

Black Bob 08-26-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 8853446)
We all knew this would happen. Ben is the guy with the power, he has the rings and really should not have to take shit from Haley and he won't as we can see now.

All I know is that if they don't want him, I'll take him in KC. haley for Rothlesberger woulkd be a sweet deal.

chiefzilla1501 08-26-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 8853446)

He hasn't had a healthy season in ages. His body is breaking down. He can't afford yet another concussion. And a lot of that is because of Arians' wide open offense that allowed Ben to freelance and get clobbered in the pocket.

Arians was a productive oc. Yet he was let go. Did you ever stop to think that offensive production isn't always a good thing? I'm sure Arians was let go because the Rooneys know his style is going to shorten bens career.

Dave Lane 08-26-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8853452)
He hasn't had a healthy season in ages. His body is breaking down. He can't afford yet another concussion. And a lot of that is because of Arians' wide open offense that allowed Ben to freelance and get clobbered in the pocket.

Arians was a productive oc. Yet he was let go. Did you ever stop to think that offensive production isn't always a good thing? I'm sure Arians was let go because the Rooneys know his style is going to shorten bens career.

Please don't let reason, logic or intellect stop you from agreeing with those less blessed.

TLO 08-26-2012 08:08 AM

Am I the only one who hates twitter?

Frazod 08-26-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 8853457)

No.

chiefzilla1501 08-26-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 8853456)
Please don't let reason, logic or intellect stop you from agreeing with those less blessed.

It's simply amazing how many people here will stretch the truth to criticize a guy.

The idea that big Ben should keep being big Ben is laughable, no matter how good he's been. These are probably the same people who think Michael Vick should continue to be a largely running qb.

The idea that Haley is the main reason cassel has struggled is equally laughable.

It's what we do to feel better about ourselves as fans of the team.

milkman 08-26-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 8853440)

Not to defend Bob, but this whole "Bill Walsh was an innovative genius" is utter bullshit.

He simply took the short passing game of Sid Gillman's offense and made it the base offense for the 9ers, and Hank Stram's "offense of the 70s" was essentially the same offense, with the added wrinkle of the moving pocket.

Sid Gillman was the last true innovator in the NFL.

Black Bob 08-26-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

I'm sure Arians was let go because the Rooneys know his style is going to shorten bens career.

That's exactly what I was saying. However, I think it's a mistake. I don't think ben can transition his game. They would be more likely to win one more superbowl with him if they just let him continue imo. It will shorten his career but, the guy has already gotten you three Superbowl appearences. The Rooney's got greedy and I think it will cost them.

Black Bob 08-26-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8853462)
Not to defend Bob, but this whole "Bill Walsh was an innovative genius" is utter bullshit.

Thanks I think.

Red Dawg 08-26-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Ben is going to shorten his own career with his style not his OC and if they want to protect his life span then why have they had a shit line for so many years? So Haley was hired to run the ball and help Ben? That's nutts. Haley was hired because of his family history to the team and they think for some reason he can do more with Ben. He also fits the coaching style they like but what they don't realize is that Haley just yells alot and is intense. He really isn't very good at being an OC.

chiefzilla1501 08-26-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8853463)
That's exactly what I was saying. However, I think it's a mistake. I don't think ben can transition his game. They would be more likely to win one more superbowl with him if they just let him continue imo. It will shorten his career but, the guy has already gotten you three Superbowl appearences. The Rooney's got greedy and I think it will cost them.

They can win multiple super bowls with a smash mouth approach too. I don't think either offense is any better or worse. The new approach will bring the steelers defense back. And it gets you big Ben at 100% instead of playing half of every season nursing a serious injury.

Dave Lane 08-26-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8853462)

He simply took the short passing game of Sid Gillman's offense and made it the base offense for the 9ers, and Hank Stram's "offense of the 70s" was essentially the same offense, with the added wrinkle of the moving pocket.

Sid Gillman was the last true innovator in the NFL.

No such claim was made, Walsh adopted a new system at the time that no one was using and won SBs with it. Gilman just used the forward pass that had been used before. Plenty of short passes had been thrown before Gilman so by your definition he didn't innovate anything either. Genius in the NFL is doing something that isn't commonly in use and surprising your opponents with something they haven't seen. Thats the only genius that was claimed.

WhiteWhale 08-26-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8853424)
He set us back imo. We should have been good last year and we would have if he hadn't been the coach. I resent him. He goes around yelling at everyone and he never even played college football. He was a golf player in college. He's Happy ****ing Gilmore.

He is a legend in his own mind. It's the way he ran training camp last year. It's the way he had the three person playcalling system with him, Muir, and Zorn. He thinks is so smart and that he can revolutionize the game or something. There is a reason the rest of the league did it one way.

He only had success in Arizona because of the weapons he had. He doesn't know how to run the ball. He ran off Charlie Weis. He was nothing without Weis.

I believe him about the phone tapping. I think Pioli did it and is a sociopath. I just don't care because I hate him so much. He wasted my time for three years. He's the same thing as lane Kiffen. A loser who is riding his daddy's name. I ****ing hate him.:)

FYI, Charlie Weis didn't play college ball either.

Black Bob 08-26-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8853471)
They can win multiple super bowls with a smash mouth approach too. I don't think either offense is any better or worse. The new approach will bring the steelers defense back. And it gets you big Ben at 100% instead of playing half of every season nursing a serious injury.

I disagree completely. I think Haley's worst quality is that he doesn't know how to run the ball effectively. I think he will set them back quite a bit. He doesn't help the defense.

milkman 08-26-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 8853473)
No such claim was made, he adopted a new system at the time that no one was using and won SBs with it. Gilman just used the forward pass that had been used before. Plenty of short passes had been thrown before Gilman so by your definition he didn't innovate anything either. Genius in the NFL is doing something that isn't commonly in use and surprising your opponents with something they haven't seen. Thats the only genius that was claimed.

Gillman took a rudimentary passig game that had two or three routes, and expanded it.

He created the full route tree that is used by the NFL today, and he made the TE a part of the passing game.

chiefzilla1501 08-26-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 8853469)
Ben is going to shorten his own career with his style not his OC and if they want to protect his life span then why have they had a shit line for so many years? So Haley was hired to run the ball and help Ben? That's nutts. Haley was hired because of his family history to the team and they think for some reason he can do more with Ben. He also fits the coaching style they like but what they don't realize is that Haley just yells alot and is intense. He really isn't very good at being an OC.

The shit line is largely a product of Arians' offense. The same way martz's shit line was too. Arians throws the ball all the freaking time. He spreads the offense out. And he gives Ben the ability to improvise, meaning Ben holds on to the ball way longer than any qb does. And when Ben improvises, his offensive line has to improvise too, and that's very hard to do when their back is to the qb.

This isn't rocket science. If you are great at running the ball, defenses will not be as effective stopping your passing game. Haley's offense is going to force Ben to get rid of the ball faster. Reducing freelancing will keep his offensive line aware of where Ben is.

I don't know how good Haley is really as an oc. I do know that the Rooneys are outstanding at evaluating coaching talent and have no history of the nepotism you speak of. And I know this new approach to handling big Ben is a very smart approach. We will see how it works.

WhiteWhale 08-26-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 8853473)
No such claim was made, Walsh adopted a new system at the time that no one was using and won SBs with it. Gilman just used the forward pass that had been used before. Plenty of short passes had been thrown before Gilman so by your definition he didn't innovate anything either. Genius in the NFL is doing something that isn't commonly in use and surprising your opponents with something they haven't seen. Thats the only genius that was claimed.

Wow.... just wow.

Gillman practically invented the modern passing game.

His practice routines and film study are also commonly used today. He's a huge innovator.

chiefzilla1501 08-26-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackBob (Post 8853478)
I disagree completely. I think Haley's worst quality is that he doesn't know how to run the ball effectively. I think he will set them back quite a bit. He doesn't help the defense.

Where do you get that from? The offense ran the ball as well as you would expect running with Jackie battle behind a qb who allowed defenses to stack the box.

He installed a very good run blocking scheme in kc. And he was effective at running the ball against defenses expecting the run and loading 8 guys in the box to stop it.

BoneKrusher 08-26-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 8853457)

no

Ace Gunner 08-26-2012 08:44 AM

Haley sure does bring out the fanatic in you people.

Garcia Bronco 08-26-2012 08:55 AM

He called his own plays during the two minute drill. This is common for a good vetran QB.

-King- 09-08-2013 02:39 PM

Roethlisberger apparently scored the only TD today when he called the plays again.

Haley still going to be a good head coach soon ChiefsandO'sfan?