ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Home made wings and sauce recipes......... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=217947)

Kylo Ren 11-11-2009 09:03 AM

Home made wings and sauce recipes.........

Well, here's our 3rd thread about wings. My first thread was about where to find good wings. GoChiefs thread was about how to suck good wings. This thread is about how to make good wings at home. After reading several posts, I'm interested in making my own wings and sauce at home. It's sounds fairly easy. I guess, as with anything, you can start simple and make more and more complex recipes. So, post 'em here.

From what I've gleaned, one can simply season some wings, bake them at 450 for 40 min, then apply sauce. Is that as simple as it gets?

I'd like to learn to make several flavors of wings, like Buffalo Wild Wings has on there menu.

I'm getting hungry.

MOhillbilly 11-11-2009 09:32 AM

see my post in the where to find good wings about 1st and second sauce.

second sauce FOR WINGS i use the texas petes sauce recipe and then add a 1/2 cup of arthur bryants sweet heat.

Kylo Ren 11-11-2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 6253214)
see my post in the where to find good wings about 1st and second sauce.

second sauce FOR WINGS i use the texas petes sauce recipe and then add a 1/2 cup of arthur bryants sweet heat.

Well, there's our first recipe. Thanks!

Whoarethechefs 11-11-2009 09:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go =)

sedated 11-11-2009 10:05 AM

I bake my wings for 40 minutes at 450, and I flip them after 25 or 30 minutes. Frying is of course best to crisp the skin, but this is easier for me to bake and seems healthier. I don’t really season them before cooking, the sauce will do that.

Most people just use Franks (or some other hot sauce) and butter for the sauce. I’ve had that a million times, so I get a little more creative now. The sauce I made last night was Franks, lime juice, teriyaki sauce, honey, ginger powder, garlic powder, cumin, chipotle powder, and smoked paprika. But you can go as simple or as complex as you are motivated for. Sometimes I throw in some brown sugar, or basil, or whatever is lying around.

I bet there are a ton of sauce recipes on the web. Another option is to use BBQ sauce, and KC masterpiece, while shitty on actual BBQ, is pretty good on wings. I bought one called “tangy and spicy” or something like that, and its pretty serviceable.

jackkked 11-11-2009 10:09 AM

Try this....I use a polla asada seasoning with lot's of garlic and fire them on the grill over medium heat, rotating often than finish them off with Ken's steakhouse buffulo wing sauce.

Simply Red 11-11-2009 10:13 AM

you know honestly what makes a good sauce? This-->

Durkee Hot sauce
2 - ounces worshire sauce
melted stick or margerine
dash white pepper
couple packets of sugar in the raw
dried oregano leaf (a must!)

simmer for half hour

MOhillbilly 11-11-2009 10:15 AM

durkee makes a hot sauce? where?where?where?

Simply Red 11-11-2009 10:17 AM

it's under the 'Franks Red hot' label at stores, i think.

DJ's left nut 11-11-2009 10:37 AM

I'v taken to grilling my wings and they're fantastic.

First I'll sprinkle some Cavendars greek seasoning on them, then a little bit of Wham! creole seasoning.

I cook them over indirect heat until they're close to ready, but you have to keep turning them so it's a task best done while sitting around drinking beer - don't expect to be able to leave and return.

Once they're close to done, take them off and throw your vents open to get your fire as hot as it will go. Put them back on over direct heat but only for a minute or so; turn constantly. You'll crisp up the skin a little bit that way.

Take them inside, put em in a bucket of hot sauce and toss to coat. I usually take Franks that I've had simmering in garlic while I was grilling.

They're healthier, the cleanup's easier and ultimately you can't go wrong with that little bit of barbecue taste thrown in with the hot wings. I was a hardcore 'fried' wings guy, but the grilled ones have really grown on me.

Demonpenz 11-11-2009 10:44 AM

Franks hot sauce makes wing sauce as well, never tried it because i thought franks hot sauce WAS wing sauce, but oh well. I like to put just make buffalo breasts or theighs as well. I don't have time to be lickying wings. Also make sure you wash hands before masterbating hotsauce isn't good near your peee hole

bevischief 11-11-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 6253372)
Franks hot sauce makes wing sauce as well, never tried it because i thought franks hot sauce WAS wing sauce, but oh well. I like to put just make buffalo breasts or theighs as well. I don't have time to be lickying wings. Also make sure you wash hands before masterbating hotsauce isn't good near your peee hole

ROFLROFL

Simply Red 11-11-2009 10:53 AM

sure, any hot sauce can/could be used as 'wing sauce'

this is the one, here--> http://i33.tinypic.com/353e7ww.jpg

I like to use this one as the base, and take it from there. FWIW

bkkcoh 11-11-2009 10:57 AM

I use a variety of hot sauces, but I also put some seasoning in with the flour before I fry them up.

Simply Red 11-11-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkkcoh (Post 6253421)
I use a variety of hot sauces, but I also put some seasoning in with the flour before I fry them up.

http://i34.tinypic.com/2nvvtw2.jpg

RodInCanton 11-11-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 6253351)
I'v taken to grilling my wings and they're fantastic.

First I'll sprinkle some Cavendars greek seasoning on them, then a little bit of Wham! creole seasoning.

I cook them over indirect heat until they're close to ready, but you have to keep turning them so it's a task best done while sitting around drinking beer - don't expect to be able to leave and return.

Once they're close to done, take them off and throw your vents open to get your fire as hot as it will go. Put them back on over direct heat but only for a minute or so; turn constantly. You'll crisp up the skin a little bit that way.

Take them inside, put em in a bucket of hot sauce and toss to coat. I usually take Franks that I've had simmering in garlic while I was grilling.

They're healthier, the cleanup's easier and ultimately you can't go wrong with that little bit of barbecue taste thrown in with the hot wings. I was a hardcore 'fried' wings guy, but the grilled ones have really grown on me.

Wow, this is honestly almost my exact way of doing wings and they are fantastic! Only I put Kosher salt and pepper only on my wings initially and I'll add a little butter into my Franks and garlic so it sticks better to the wings. But this is an awesome and healthier version for sure!

I'll also make a batch of bbq wings. the bbq sauce is KC Masterpiece (somebody mentioned earlier that this is good on wings and they are correct) with honey and I'll chop up some chipotle peppers (you can control the heat w/ amount of peppers - lots for me!). Throw in lots of garlic (I love garlic by the way) and a litte water and let simmer for about 15 minutes. Toss the wings in this sauce and yummy!

Simply Red 11-11-2009 11:34 AM

we should have a CP potluck dinner somewhere in KC.

Kylo Ren 11-11-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 6253525)
we should have a CP potluck dinner somewhere in KC.

Good idea.......

bevischief 11-11-2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 6253809)
Good idea.......

Very good idea...
:clap:

bevischief 11-11-2009 02:32 PM

Between the chili, bbq, chicken wing threads here lately that would be a tasty event.

Param 11-11-2009 02:56 PM

I didn't read the other thread because some idiot decided to talk about their small penor.

Anyway, to grill them in the oven. Do you sauce the wings in a bowl, then put the wings on a plate cooked at 450 for 45 minute in the oven. Is that it?

MOhillbilly 11-11-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevy369 (Post 6253954)
Between the chili, bbq, chicken wing threads here lately that would be a tasty event.

if it were in spfld. noone would show.

sedated 11-11-2009 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Param (Post 6254004)
Anyway, to grill them in the oven. Do you sauce the wings in a bowl, then put the wings on a plate cooked at 450 for 45 minute in the oven. Is that it?

I don't sauce them before cooking. I've never tried, but doubt they would come out as good.

MOhillbilly 11-11-2009 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 6254026)
I don't sauce them before cooking. I've never tried, but doubt they would come out as good.

agreed. not a good idea...cart before horse an what not.

Param 11-11-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 6254026)

Ok, so you take the wings out of the package bought from the store. Do you wash them? Add any salt & pepper or spices?

Or do you just take it out of the package, spread the wings on a baking sheet, then heat 450 for 45 minutes?

Then baste the wings with the sauce that was prepared?

Stewie 11-11-2009 03:41 PM

I make a mixture of AP flour, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes (run through a spice grinder), and cayenne pepper.

Cut the wings at the joint. (This allows more to be cooked at one time in a cast iron skillet.)

Dredge through milk or egg wash and then through flour mixture.

Fry in oil until done.

Throw hot (temperature-wise) wings over REAL butter and mix until coated.

Add Louisiana hot sauce to your hearts desire. I use Frank's.

sedated 11-11-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Param (Post 6254055)
Ok, so you take the wings out of the package bought from the store. Do you wash them? Add any salt & pepper or spices?

Or do you just take it out of the package, spread the wings on a baking sheet, then heat 450 for 45 minutes?

Then baste the wings with the sauce that was prepared?

pretty much. the wings I get are whole wings, so I cut apart the drumette and wingette (and throw away the other part). I don't do anything else before baking. while baking, I flip them so that the skin gets cripsy on both sides.

MOhillbilly 11-11-2009 03:47 PM

been a month or two, i know what im havin sunday. Best part is the kids and lil woman dont care for em..win! Might fry the rest of the testicles up aswell...X2 win. EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skip Towne 11-11-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 6254014)
if it were in spfld. noone would show.

True

Stewie 11-11-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 6254101)
Might fry the rest of the testicles up aswell...X2 win. EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bull? Turkey?

MOhillbilly 11-11-2009 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 6254118)
Bull? Turkey?

bull, roll em in egg,flour and crushed saltines.

Stewie 11-11-2009 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 6254123)

I've never been brave enough. I've eaten turkey nuts, but they're mostly breading/spices and pretty tasty.

MOhillbilly 11-11-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 6254128)
I've never been brave enough. I've eaten turkey nuts, but they're mostly breading/spices and pretty tasty.

started eatin em when i was young so there wasnt any fear to get over. you eat some strange shit down on the farm.

go to your butcher get you a cow tongue. Make a crockpot stew and instead of beef roast, stick that tongue in there.
Itll blow you mind how tender and good it is.

Boil it first and pull the membrane off. Heart is fantastic like this also. or you can smoke the heart & tongue.
soooo good.

Simply Red 11-11-2009 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 6254158)
started eatin em when i was young so there wasnt any fear to get over. you eat some strange shit down on the farm.

go to your butcher get you a cow tongue. Make a crockpot stew and instead of beef roast, stick that tongue in there.
Itll blow you mind how tender and good it is.

Boil it first and pull the membrane off. Heart is fantastic like this also. or you can smoke the heart & tongue.
soooo good.

not sure about testicles, but, ever had chicken-livers? YuuuM!

Stewie 11-11-2009 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 6254185)

All the "other" stuff in a chicken is why God created:

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/2056/gcg.jpg

Kylo Ren 11-11-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 6254091)
I make a mixture of AP flour, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes (run through a spice grinder), and cayenne pepper.

Cut the wings at the joint. (This allows more to be cooked at one time in a cast iron skillet.)

Dredge through milk or egg wash and then through flour mixture.

Fry in oil until done.

Throw hot (temperature-wise) wings over REAL butter and mix until coated.

Add Louisiana hot sauce to your hearts desire. I use Frank's.

What's up with the butter? Is this common for wings? I never knew butter was involved. I guess everything is better with butter........... and bacon. Maybe I'll wrap the wings in bacon and baste them in butter!

MOhillbilly 11-11-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 6254185)

liver,gizzard and hearts by the bucket.

How bout sweet breads, now theres some gooood eatin. Id kill a man for touchin my sweet breads.

BIG_DADDY 11-11-2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cum_Stayne (Post 6254239)
What's up with the butter? Is this common for wings? I never knew butter was involved. I guess everything is better with butter........... and bacon. Maybe I'll wrap the wings in bacon and baste them in butter!

You never quit saying stupid shit do you?

BIG_DADDY 11-11-2009 04:58 PM

I buy Gator Sauce by the gallon. Have one on order right now. The Bomb

Demonpenz 11-11-2009 04:59 PM

i sometimes just put the hotsauce on without butter, the butter makes it thick. If you just have hot sauce without butter it has the texture of the hot sauce taco bell gives you real watery, but the butter makes it texture and consistancy of ketchup or something thick

DJ's left nut 11-11-2009 05:00 PM

Another trick I picked up for baking.

If you're going to bake them, bake them HOT. But if you have a steamer handy, steam them for about 8 minutes before baking.

The steamer breaks up the connective tissue and some of the fat soluable crap that makes them a little gummy in the oven.

So if you steam them first, then bake them under very high heat, they end up much more crispy than if you just bake them.

And for the love of all things sacred, never EVER put sauce on them while cooking them.

Kylo Ren 11-11-2009 05:00 PM

OK. Let's get down to brass tacks here.

1. Fried in oil, baked in the oven or grilled? Which?
2. Baste in butter? Really? Before or after they are cooked?
3. What's up with Franks? You all keep saying FRANKS. I've never heard of it.

CanadianChief 11-11-2009 05:02 PM

Here's the recipe I use on gameday.

3lbs (20 wings)
3/4 cup Franks Hot Sauce
2/3 cup soya sauce
1 tbsp garlic salt
2 tbsp chili powder
1/4 cup vinegar
1 cup bbq sauce (I use Bullseye regular)

I usually combine all the ingredients and the wings in a plastic zip lock bag and marinate overnight in the fridge. The next day I bake them at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes, turning them over after about 25 minutes.

If you like more bite then just add another tbsp of chili powder.

DJ's left nut 11-11-2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 6254257)
OK. Let's get down to brass tacks here.

1. Fried in oil, baked in the oven or grilled? Which?
2. Baste in butter? Really? Before or after they are cooked?
3. What's up with Franks? You all keep saying FRANKS. I've never heard of it.

1. All good but in my opinion the grilled has the best flavor, the fried has the best texture and baking is only a last gasp that will do in a pinch (use the steamer method if possible).

2. I'm of no use to you here, but I expect you put the butter in the sauce and toss them together. I'll have to try it.

3. Franks is pretty much the perfect multi-purpose sauce. You'll hear it referred to as Red Hot and/or Durkee sauce as well (as it was originally sold as Durkee's Red Hot).

Stewie 11-11-2009 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 6254251)
i sometimes just put the hotsauce on without butter, the butter makes it thick. If you just have hot sauce without butter it has the texture of the hot sauce taco bell gives you real watery, but the butter makes it texture and consistancy of ketchup or something thick

That's why you coat with butter first. No texture change.

Kylo Ren 11-11-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [B
BIG_DUMB_ASS[/B];6254244]You never quit saying stupid shit do you?

YES! You're back! It's not been the same around here without you. I've not had any simpletons to make fun of for a while. Put your feet up and feel right at home, BIG MORON! ROFL

Demonpenz 11-11-2009 05:06 PM

bottom line you got to be an idiot to really screw up chicken, you can't really get different flavor out of the meat itself, it's chicken damnit!

Kylo Ren 11-11-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 6254266)
That's why you coat with butter first. No texture change.

Got it. Thanks for that tip. That's what makes the Planet a cool place. I never would have known that. I'm going to try and cook some wings this week.

Stewie 11-11-2009 05:08 PM

For me the butter stands alone in hot wings. Don't mix it with anything. Coat the chicken with butter right off the heat, THEN add the hot sauce, etc.

Kylo Ren 11-11-2009 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChief (Post 6254263)
Here's the recipe I use on gameday.

3lbs (20 wings)
3/4 cup Franks Hot Sauce
2/3 cup soya sauce
1 tbsp garlic salt
2 tbsp chili powder
1/4 cup vinegar
1 cup bbq sauce (I use Bullseye regular)

I usually combine all the ingredients and the wings in a plastic zip lock bag and marinate overnight in the fridge. The next day I bake them at 350 degrees for about 50 minutes, turning them over after about 25 minutes.

If you like more bite then just add another tbsp of chili powder.

..........but we learned in post #41 that you are committing a cardinal sin! I guess it works for you. :clap: :D

CanadianChief 11-11-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 6254282)
..........but we learned in post #41 that you are committing a cardinal sin! I guess it works for you. :clap: :D

I've just always done it this way so I don't know any better.

Althought the best wings I've ever had were deep fried and then dipped into a Caribbean Jerk Chicken sauce.

Kylo Ren 11-11-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 6254264)
1. All good but in my opinion the grilled has the best flavor, the fried has the best texture and baking is only a last gasp that will do in a pinch (use the steamer method if possible).

2. I'm of no use to you here, but I expect you put the butter in the sauce and toss them together. I'll have to try it.

3. Franks is pretty much the perfect multi-purpose sauce. You'll hear it referred to as Red Hot and/or Durkee sauce as well (as it was originally sold as Durkee's Red Hot).

Maybe I'll try Billy Mitchell's sauce........

http://angryrobot.ca/images/126.jpg

Kylo Ren 11-11-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChief (Post 6254294)

Althought the best wings I've ever had were deep fried and then dipped into a Caribbean Jerk Chicken sauce.

........and your Canadian. So, what do you know, anyway?!! :rolleyes:

Stewie 11-11-2009 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChief (Post 6254294)

What is soya sauce? I know what soya oil is, but never heard of this.

seclark 11-11-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 6254303)

you're such a jerkoff...i'm glad big daddy's back.
sec

Simply Red 11-11-2009 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 6254419)
you're such a jerkoff...i'm glad big daddy's back.
sec

who's John Wayne?

CanadianChief 11-11-2009 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Wayne (Post 6254303)

I got a good recipe for Moose Nuts if you want it? :)

smittysbar 11-11-2009 06:06 PM

I cook them every way, but prefer fried. I used to cook 75lbs in a turkey fryer for parties at the bar.

2 Sticks of butter to every normal sizes bottle of Franks Red Hot.

Always a big hit!!!

Groves 11-11-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 6254123)

Well chosen for a testicle recipe.

Fire Me Boy! 11-11-2009 06:42 PM

I'm not big on this sauce, but for baking wings and getting crispy skin, you can't beat Alton Brown's method:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/g...ipe/index.html

BigOlChiefsfan 11-11-2009 06:57 PM

Saw this and thought y'all might enjoy it:

wings recipe

Demonpenz 11-11-2009 07:17 PM

HE"S A BIG OL CHIEFS FAN!

KCChiefsMan 11-11-2009 08:09 PM

Ketchup

RippedmyFlesh 11-11-2009 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 6253408)
sure, any hot sauce can/could be used as 'wing sauce'

this is the one, here--> http://i33.tinypic.com/353e7ww.jpg

I like to use this one as the base, and take it from there. FWIW

I put that on everything. My daughter made me proud when she said they got it at their high school after they asked for it. That stuff is so good even if you don't like something enough Frank's makes it bearable.

Demonpenz 11-11-2009 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh (Post 6255072)
I put that on everything. My daughter made me proud when she said they got it at their high school after they asked for it. That stuff is so good even if you don't like something enough Frank's makes it bearable.

trying to choke down veggies? franks i think franks has little or no calories too

RippedmyFlesh 11-11-2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 6255076)
trying to choke down veggies? franks i think franks has little or no calories too

Exactly
Also would come in handy for the guy with a girl friend who's not the greatest cook. When I was single it was "No really this is great" to girls I dated who couldn't cook and franks let me pull it off with a straight face.

Gadzooks 11-11-2009 10:34 PM

You always pay for Frank's in the "end".

RippedmyFlesh 11-11-2009 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 6255113)
You always pay for Frank's in the "end".

You can use it like a condiment or cook with it. If you cook with it some of the "heat" goes away but the flavor remains. When I cook with it my wife has to leave the room her eyes water and stuff yet she can eat the food no prob . I love the hot vapor smell myself but I guess it can be like getting pepper sprayed to someone sensitive.

kstater 06-18-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 6254242)
liver,gizzard and hearts by the bucket.

How bout sweet breads, now theres some gooood eatin. Id kill a man for touchin my sweet breads.

Combined 2 styles of food tonight. Fried some gizzards and hearts in some flour batter, smothered in Franks. Mashed some taters and threw some blue cheese in it.

Fire Me Boy! 11-27-2016 01:09 PM

Been working on perfecting my wings the last couple of weeks. I've smoked them, I've grilled them and sauced while on the grill, brine and no brine.

Here's my method.

Brine the wings for a half hour - 1q water, 3/4c salt. Longer than a half hour, the wings get too salty. I accidentally did that today.

Grill on medium for about 15 minutes, flipping once. This renders a lot of the skin. Turn grill to high and grill another 4-5 minutes turning frequently to crisp the skin. IME, longer than that starts to over-char the chicken.

To sauce: Put a little sauce in the bottom of a large bowl, put 6-8 wings in the bowl and toss.

Not doing anything with sauce yet. So far just using bottled BBQ sauce. I've been mostly using Gates Original, wife likes the Sweet & Mild. Used Jack Stack Bold & Spicy today. It's my least favorite so far.

Unsauced, straight off the grill.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...df43fce704.jpg

Baby Lee 11-27-2016 01:15 PM

If you can handle it, I strongly recommend mixing Wilbur's Revenge by Famous Dave's mixed with butter instead of weak ass Franks or even McIlhenney's.

It's a Bhut Jolokia and Habanero based sauce, so it has tons of heat, but it also uses pineapple juice and extract to impart sweetness. No garlic or ginger or liquid smoke. Just lots of heat and a little sweet.

They have it at all Menards, who carries the entire FD's line.

http://i.upcindex.com/i/WjI5dlphUzUz...NWamEzTQ,,.jpg

srvy 01-15-2020 11:23 AM

I was craving hot wings for the playoff game last week so picked up some wings and sauce in store then saw a bottle of Sweet Baby Rays honey Hot and ding ding ding. If any remember Kenny Rodgers chicken restaurants the only thing memorable was those packets of Mike's Hot honey. Well I bought the SBR's and gave it a go and man were they good kids liked it to. Give it a try especially if you have kids that are finicky about the red pepper sauces and butter wings the sweetness seals the deal for them.
https://www.sweetbabyrays.com/getatt...oney-Hot-Sauce

I was searching this morning for a hot honey that was a little lighter on the chemical preservatives and found the hot honey I remember at Kenny Rodgers and ordered it off Amazon.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1500_.jpg

gblowfish 01-15-2020 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12576848)
If you can handle it, I strongly recommend mixing Wilbur's Revenge by Famous Dave's
http://i.upcindex.com/i/WjI5dlphUzUz...NWamEzTQ,,.jpg

Who is Wilbur exacting his revenge on exactly???

JimNasium 01-15-2020 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 14725505)
Who is Wilbur exacting his revenge on exactly???

I suspect it’s directed at your anus the day following consumption.

Dayze 01-15-2020 12:03 PM

I've used a little corn starch in some of the seasoning I would use and put on the grill, and it (corn starch) almost makes the skin like fried chicken. sometimes I"m in the mood for that texture .