ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   High School Reunions (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159527)

007 03-09-2007 06:05 AM

High School Reunions

I have a 20 year EDIT now its the 30 year coming up but I was kind of an outsider in my class.

I am curious how many of you have attended their class reunion, whether it be 10, 15 or 20 years and if you enjoyed it.

EDIT

Also, I would really like to hear from the people that were the "less popular" if you know what I mean. Not troublemakers or jerks just not among the mainstream crowd.

Miles 03-09-2007 06:11 AM

http://tcal.net/images/fight/grosspointblank.jpg

They all have husbands and wives and children and houses and dogs, and, you know, they've all made themselves a part of something and they can talk about what they do. What am I gonna say? "I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. How've you been?"

007 03-09-2007 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles
http://tcal.net/images/fight/grosspointblank.jpg

They all have husbands and wives and children and houses and dogs, and, you know, they've all made themselves a part of something and they can talk about what they do. What am I gonna say? "I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. How've you been?"

I saw that movie the other night. Funny stuff.

headsnap 03-09-2007 06:15 AM

the 20 is a blast. Had mine two summers ago... Blue Valley High(when there was only one) grad.

Mile High Mania 03-09-2007 06:16 AM

Yeah, I went to my 10 year high school reunion and in 2 years we'll have our 20th. It was a good time. I still talk to 5-7 good friends from high school and see them 2-3 times a year.

KC Jones 03-09-2007 06:40 AM

Along these lines, do you bring your spouse to the reunion?

I missed my 5,10, & 15 but think I will try to make the 20 in two years.

StcChief 03-09-2007 07:16 AM

Worth it to see the once hot cheerleader fat with 5 kids.

BagoobaChief 03-09-2007 07:29 AM

I went to my 10 yr, the a$$hats were still a$$hats and the preppies were still preppies, nothing changed. I graduated in a class of 350 and didn't really have a "group" that I fit in, I worked from 3-11pm most of my senior year but had about 4-5 good friends that I did things with. At our graduation there were a whole lot of kids that I didn't even know who they were or thought they were in a different graduating class.

I don't think that I regret going to my 10 yr but I didn't really enjoy it. My 25 yr came and went last year, don't regret not going at all, have a totally different set of friends now, so there was no one that I feel I missed out on seeing.

MOhillbilly 03-09-2007 08:13 AM

ive never got an invite,ive lived at the same place since 79.

i dont think they like me.:)

PastorMikH 03-09-2007 08:15 AM

As far as I know, my class only had reunions at 5 and 10 years. Those consisted of a kegger party and for the 10 year they stepped it up to a kegger and a hog roast on the 10 year.

Not really something I'm interested in.

The wife went to her 20th. We both had a good time with it for the most part.

kc rush 03-09-2007 08:20 AM

I skipped my 5 because I didn’t see the point of paying to go to an event where I was going to hang out with my friends that I’ve been hanging out with since high school anyway.

I went to my 10 and regretted it. It was cool to see some people that I hadn’t seen in a while, but there were too many people trying to impress each other. The food was horrible, the event was overpriced, the DJ was someone’s dad who was playing cassettes (even though CDs had been around for well over 10 years).

I skipped 15 because I hated the 10th, but I will probably go to my 20th to see how people have changed.

Mr. Plow 03-09-2007 08:23 AM

Went to my 10 year last summer. It was a good time. Our graduating class was only 35 or so. Most of the guys in our class were, and still are, a fairly close bunch.

Nearly none of the girls showed up - except the couple of cool ones. We began at my parents house, kind of the hang out spot in high school. Ate bbq, swam in the pool, had a keg. Afterwards, we took off for the bars.

It was fun, even though I swore up and down that I would not go to it.

seclark 03-09-2007 08:24 AM

i was class president, so it was my job to plan the class reunions.

had a 5th...so-so. got drunk and the wife drove me home

had the 10th...kinda boring. got drunk the the wife drove me home.

had the 15th...got drunk and announced it would be the last one i would plan and they could all gf themselves. then the wife drove me home.

if they had a 20th and 25th, i sure don't know anything about it.

buncha f@ckin losers, anyway.
sec

stevieray 03-09-2007 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark

had the 15th...got drunk and announced it would be the last one i would plan and they could all gf themselves. then the wife drove me home.

sec

ROFL

greg63 03-09-2007 08:27 AM

You forgot the: "I attended and have never had a second thought about it." option.

Rain Man 03-09-2007 08:27 AM

I wouldn't miss my reunions for anything, but I'll note that I had a very strong and broad group of friends in high school that are now scattered all over the country. The reunions are the only chance we ever have to catch up in person.

Rooster 03-09-2007 08:28 AM

I've never gone and never really wanted to. It all seems like a big pain in the ass to me.

Skip Towne 03-09-2007 08:37 AM

Quote:

sec

:LOL: Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

Simplex3 03-09-2007 08:42 AM

I hated those people 15 years ago, so I fail to see any reason why I would go to see them now.

Here's how I see it. If I actually cared about any of those people I wouldn't wait until some reunion to catch up with them.

BucEyedPea 03-09-2007 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StcChief
Worth it to see the once hot cheerleader fat with 5 kids.

Yeah riiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhhht!

My observations was just at the 5 year reunion outta HS the guys were already bald and fat with beer bellies....but the women looked great! They continued to decline, even by the 10th and 15th...and the women looked even better. Women, at least more so then men, take their looks more seriously then men and work on it while men just go to pot frankly. They just can't give up their beer and booze. And they can't drink just one.

What we do for your pleasure.
I've never understood it.

Bugeater 03-09-2007 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush
I skipped my 5 because I didn’t see the point of paying to go to an event where I was going to hang out with my friends that I’ve been hanging out with since high school anyway.

I went to my 10 and regretted it. It was cool to see some people that I hadn’t seen in a while, but there were too many people trying to impress each other. The food was horrible, the event was overpriced, the DJ was someone’s dad who was playing cassettes (even though CDs had been around for well over 10 years).

I skipped 15 because I hated the 10th, but I will probably go to my 20th to see how people have changed.

Hehe, from what I heard, that's about how our 10th went, I'm glad I didn't waste my time going to it. My 20th was last year, I really didn't even give it a second thought. There's a few people I'd like to catch up with but I figured with my luck only the jerks that I hated would show up.

Rooster 03-09-2007 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
Here's how I see it. If I actually cared about any of those people I wouldn't wait until some reunion to catch up with them.

Exactly....

greg63 03-09-2007 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
I hated those people 15 years ago, so I fail to see any reason why I would go to see them now.

Exactly; I went to the 10th and 15th year reunion; skipped the 20th and my 25th is this year and really don't want to go to it.

PastorMikH 03-09-2007 09:01 AM

I did have one "Reunion" that I enjoyed. I had a guy that was about 3 grades ahead of me in HS that picked on me constantly. Even though he was a lot bigger than me at the time, (I was about 5'7" and was a bit pudgy at 175 pounds) he always had to have several guys around for help.

I was out of HS and working at a job doing apartment maintenance. He was on a roofing crew that was roofing one of the buildings. I noticed that shingles kept "falling" around me whenever I was in the area followed by a bunch of snickering. At the end of the day, he and a group of guys are visiting at their work truck which is parked next to the truck I'm using. I walked up to him, looked down at him and said something like "what's up" - I'm at this time up to 6'1", and a lean 210-215 pounds - and he wilted. The look on his face and the quiver he developed in his arms was priceless!

Bugeater 03-09-2007 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea
Yeah riiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhhht!

My observations was just at the 5 year reunion outta HS the guys were already bald and fat with beer bellies....but the women looked great! They continued to decline, even by the 10th and 15th...and the women looked even better. Women, at least more so then men, take their looks more seriously then men and work on it while men just go to pot frankly. They just can't give up their beer and booze. And they can't drink just one.

What we do for your pleasure.
I've never understood it.

:rolleyes: Nice sweeping generalization.

BucEyedPea 03-09-2007 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater

Take it easy it was part tic. And yes it is general. As a generalization it's true from my observation ( which I stated) as it was s/g that really stood out to me. Are there exceptions? Sure.

Frazod 03-09-2007 09:19 AM

As it turns out, all the people I still keep in touch with from HS are in the class behind me. I only lived in the town where I graduated for a couple of years on top of it, so the people in my '83 class are basically strangers that I knew in passing a couple of decades ago.

I crashed the '84 reunion once, though. That was kind of fun. :D

Phobia 03-09-2007 09:26 AM

I haven't missed a reunion. The cliques fade and people really care about one another in my observation. I've always brought my spouses too. They hated the first one.

MOhillbilly 03-09-2007 09:41 AM

Quote:

sec

giggle

sedated 03-09-2007 09:45 AM

Quote:

at the 5 year reunion

who has a five year reunion?

crazycoffey 03-09-2007 09:45 AM

I came from a small town, the people that go home for Thanksgiving every year go to one of the few town bars and you can catch up with a lot of people you know, but weren't in your class. It's more for my wife, she grew up with these people, I only visited the small town during the summer and moved there my Senior year.

I missed the 10 year because it was right after 9/11 and that was when I was still in the army reserves and on the SWAT team, so we were always busy jumping through hoops, in some form or fashion. Didn't have a day off for five months, made some good overtime, but anyway, I digress.

I follow some of the thoughts about if I really cared about them I wouldn't need to wait for the reunions, but I feel they are more like a right of passage event. See how everyone turned out, maybe make a new friend that you otherwise would have lumped into the "don't care about them" pile.

Great perspective on how you are living in some cases and also could be good cheap therapy to see the High School star jock/bully got the karma treatment he/she may have deserved.

P.S. - I went to five High Schools in four years, so I probably fit into your "less popular" list.

sedated 03-09-2007 09:47 AM

Quote:

women always generalize

crazycoffey 03-09-2007 09:49 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated
women always generalize

Yeah, when they should just be sweeping!

Skip Towne 03-09-2007 09:58 AM

Quote:

women always generalize

Nice generalization.

Sure-Oz 03-09-2007 10:09 AM

I should get a note for my 10 year, it will be kinda cool to go to i think. I was a tweaner in HS, everyone knew me and stuff but i wasnt popular or nerdy, ok well i was still nerdy but ya haha. It would be good to see old friends and how theyve changed, i def. have. i still look like im in hs though haha

Frosty 03-09-2007 10:22 AM

I would probably fit your "less popular" category, as most of my friends in high school were from neighboring towns and the place I worked. I went to my 20th, as I heard that was the one that the cliques disappear and people tend to be friendlier. That didn't turn out to be true in my case.

It was an interesting experience to see how people turned out and I did catch up with a few friends, but, overall, I would say the whole experience was "meh". :shake: Probably worth doing once but won't go to any more (my 25th is this summer).

Stewie 03-09-2007 10:27 AM

I went to my 10 and 20 yr. reunions and glad I did. I was not in the "popular" crowd, but did play sports, so I was interested in what everyone was up to.

ChiTown 03-09-2007 10:28 AM

I had a blast at my last reunion. I'll be going to my 25th.

Hammock Parties 03-09-2007 10:28 AM

The only reason I'd go to one of these things is to nail some chick I lusted after in high school....so, odds are low.

Phobia 03-09-2007 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
The only reason I'd go to one of these things is to nail some chick I lusted after in high school....so, odds are low.

Yes, they really are.

ChiTown 03-09-2007 10:38 AM

Quote:

I nailed all the girls I lusted for in HS. Huh, I thought everyone did that?
;)

Interesting dynamics:
A lot of the hotter babes in HS leveled off, and looked ok, but not great. Some of the girls I never noticed (sexually speaking) in HS looked hot, and some were extremely HOT (MILF-ish). I had some fun talking to that group.

I don't know how you can't have fun at these things. Then again, we didn't have a very cliquish class. We all (250 people) pretty much got along.

BucEyedPea 03-09-2007 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey
Yeah, when they should just be sweeping!

Quote:

women always generalize

Sorry, I didn't include you sexy, hot metrosexuals.
Next, time I'll include a caveat! http://www.footballhuddles.com/vbull...es/hehehmn.gif

BucEyedPea 03-09-2007 10:44 AM

I nailed all hot guys with the coolest cars, that went to the best universities later, and now made big bucks, that I lusted for in HS. Huh, I thought everyone did that? ;)

Interesting dynamics:

Demonpenz 03-09-2007 10:46 AM

I got some mail about it. I guess there was a rumor that i was going to show up to the last one since I am a big deal and all, but my agent had a save the cheeta funraiser that night.

ChiTown 03-09-2007 10:55 AM

Quote:

I nailed all hot guys with the coolest cars, that went to the best universities later, and now made big bucks, that I lusted for in HS. Huh, I thought everyone did that? ;)

Interesting dynamics:

You receive NO credit for originality.

Hammock Parties 03-09-2007 10:57 AM

I had no idea BucEyedPea was so slutty...

ChiefsCountry 03-09-2007 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown
I nailed all the girls I lusted for in HS. Huh, I thought everyone did that?
;)

Interesting dynamics:
A lot of the hotter babes in HS leveled off, and looked ok, but not great. Some of the girls I never noticed (sexually speaking) in HS looked hot, and some were extremely HOT (MILF-ish). I had some fun talking to that group.

Aint that the truth. Actually when I went to college, the girls that were hot in the hometown in truth werent that hot. Some of the "less" attractive girls I have been with in college have blown away anything that I had in high school.

Chief Pote 03-09-2007 11:04 AM

Yeah, I'd like to go. I'd piss in the punch and leave.

REDHOTGTO 03-09-2007 11:08 AM

i'm getting ready for my 25 right now too. i am always one of 3 people that plan the whole damn thing, we have pretty tight class and all get along (except one banned dumarss) we have had a 5,10, 15, 20 yr reunions and all went smooth (except for my drinking) :Lin:
we have 3 days of fun together drink golf & drink then go away for another 5 yrs, no problem ROFL

BucEyedPea 03-09-2007 11:08 AM

Quote:

You receive NO credit for originality.

I didn't see any ©!

Bowser 03-09-2007 11:11 AM

Quote:

Interesting dynamics:

I thought I remembered all the dirty little hooors I hooked up with in HS.

Send nekkid pics, to verify that you actually did nail me.

Phobia 03-09-2007 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
I thought I remembered all the dirty little hooors I hooked up with in HS.

Send nekkid pics, to verify that you actually did nail me.

Dude, she said coolest cars, best universities, and biggest bucks not coolest bars, best beer, and biggest guts.

Mr. Laz 03-09-2007 11:14 AM

you should go ...... you can always leave anytime you want.

might be fun ... only happens once

CosmicPal 03-09-2007 11:17 AM

I couldn't wait to get out of high school. Why the fugg would I want to go back and pretend to like people I didn't like in the first place?

I'm still friends with those I hung out with in high school, so I'm not interested in mingling with everyone else. As GC said earlier, the only reason I'd go- is to hook up with some gal who's still single or divorced.

Bowser 03-09-2007 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
Dude, she said coolest cars, best universities, and biggest bucks not coolest bars, best beer, and biggest guts.

Yes, yes. We are all sorry she didn't "nail" you.

Now get back to listening to those Anthony Robbins tapes on your treadmill.

Hammock Parties 03-09-2007 11:19 AM

Has anyone else cracked open their yearbook and gone to town on Myspace? I'm such a freak.

ChiTown 03-09-2007 11:23 AM

Quote:

Has anyone else cracked open their yearbook and gone to town on Myspace? I'm such a freak.

I'm guessing the 40-somethings from my class don't have Myspace pages. LOL.

cadmonkey 03-09-2007 11:24 AM

I went to my 10 Year back in November. I had a great time, but thats probably because I still hang out with 15 of the guys I went to high school with on a pretty regular basis. So instead of the uncomfortable "what have you been doing the past 10 years" question it was mostly "what the hell happened last night" question.

Hammock Parties 03-09-2007 11:25 AM

Quote:

I'm guessing the 40-somethings from my class don't have Myspace pages. LOL.

They all have wrinkles anyway.

Phobia 03-09-2007 11:27 AM

Quote:

Yes, yes. We are all sorry she didn't "nail" you.

Now get back to listening to those Anthony Robbins tapes on your treadmill.

So you're saying she wouldn't have been impressed with my 82 VW Rabbit?

ChiTown 03-09-2007 11:27 AM

Quote:

They all have wrinkles anyway.

That doesn't happen for a while.

I'm telling you, there were quite a few women that looked better at my 20 yr vs my 10 yr. I was amazed.

bkkcoh 03-09-2007 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru
I...
Also, I would really like to hear from the people that were the "less popular" if you know what I mean. Not troublemakers or jerks just not among the mainstream crowd.

Definitely me, I didn't have the correct last name in a relatively small school and was not among the social elite.

I have been back to the high school 1 time, that was 5 years after I graduated for a charity event.

Luckily, for me, I don't really have to have a reason not to go back for re-unions, because I now live 650 miles from where they are held.

I think that they didn't give the time of day back then, so to hell with them. I am not going to give the time of day now. Sour grapes, maybe, but screw 'em.....

I hadn't talked to anyone from my class since 1989, and I graduated in 1984.

Phobia 03-09-2007 11:29 AM

Quote:

I'm telling you, there were quite a few women that looked better at my 20 yr vs my 10 yr. I was amazed.

Yup. My wife looks better today than she did when I met her.

Hammock Parties 03-09-2007 11:30 AM

Quote:

LMAO

I would have loved to have seen you in high school...Phil in the 80's...I bet you loved Journey and Devo.

Phobia 03-09-2007 11:33 AM

Quote:

LMAO

I would have loved to have seen you in high school...Phil in the 80's...I bet you loved Journey and Devo.

You're wrong. I was only into very cool things. Things that have stood the test of time. I was a trend setter, not a trend follower.

Hammock Parties 03-09-2007 11:35 AM

Quote:

You're wrong. I was only into very cool things. Things that have stood the test of time. I was a trend setter, not a trend follower.

I demand pictures of the Klostermullet.

kepp 03-09-2007 11:38 AM

Quote:

Class, our word for today is...'Astigmatism' :p

I actually wanted to go to my 10-year, but I lived 1600 miles away at the time, so it was a no-go. My 20th will be in 2010 and I plan on going to that. I grew up in a small town and my class of 69 people was fairly tight-knit, so it should be fun.

Phobia 03-09-2007 11:38 AM

Quote:

I didn't even own parachute pants and you think I had a mullet?

Nosiree. I was the guy who ripped the pockets from the butt of his levis and wore his sweatshirts inside out.

Phobia 03-09-2007 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp
Class, our word for today is...'Astigmatism' :p

I actually wanted to go to my 10-year, but I lived 1600 miles away at the time, so it was a no-go. My 20th will be in 2010 and I plan on going to that. I grew up in a small town and my class of 69 people was fairly tight-knit, so it should be fun.

Waaaaa.

I'm sick of you people saying you live too far away.

I returned from Japan for my 5 year reunion.

kepp 03-09-2007 11:41 AM

Quote:

He really was a trend-setter
http://www.onlineseats.com/upload/co...on_travis2.gif

Bowser 03-09-2007 11:43 AM

Quote:

Yup. My wife looks better today than she did when I met her.

Is she still in the room with you?

cdcox 03-09-2007 12:16 PM

Out of a class of 625, I was only close 4 or 5 kids. Virtually all of them moved away by the time I graduated.

I did make multi-year friendships with a couple others from my HS class in college, but I haven't really kept up with those friendships either.

When my 20th rolled around a few years ago, one of my friends from HS tracked me down via the interweb. He wanted to know if I was going, which I was not. I ended up making a business trip to his neck of the woods a few weeks later and we got together for a burger. That was pretty cool, since we picked up on the same inside jokes from 20 years ago.

If I lived in town, I'd probably go to one just to see how people came out. It would be pretty sureal, since I haven't seen most of them a single time since I graduated in '79.

Phobia 03-09-2007 12:20 PM

Quote:

Is she still in the room with you?

She is and it's absolutely true. I say it all the time. When I met her she was an attractive 28 year old who looked and acted 38. Now she's an attractive 38 year old who looks and acts 28. She has definitely gotten better with age. It is unfortunate that I haven't.

Demonpenz 03-09-2007 12:22 PM

has anyone had an unusual amount of people die from their class?

crazycoffey 03-09-2007 12:26 PM

Quote:

Sorry, I didn't include you sexy, hot metrosexuals.
Next, time I'll include a caveat! http://www.footballhuddles.com/vbull...es/hehehmn.gif

I'm neither hot, nor sexy and as far a metrosexual, I have never had sex with a city.....

Phobia 03-09-2007 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz
has anyone had an unusual amount of people die from their class?

Is 2% unusual?

bkkcoh 03-09-2007 12:33 PM

Quote:

Waaaaa.

I'm sick of you people saying you live too far away.

I returned from Japan for my 5 year reunion.

But were you coming home just for the reunion, or because you were just on the way home.... :hmmm:

Skip Towne 03-09-2007 12:34 PM

Quote:

Poor guy. I'll bet you only had one army man.

Phobia 03-09-2007 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkkcoh
But were you coming home just for the reunion, or because you were just on the way home.... :hmmm:

I scheduled my leave around the reunion - yes. It was a very memorable trip. After the reunion my sister-in-law at the time informed me that my wife at the time had 3 or 4 different boyfriends. Heh. I really enjoyed all that.

Phobia 03-09-2007 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Poor guy. I'll bet you only had one army man.

I didn't have any but sometimes I was allowed to play with the other kids' army men if I was good.