ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Soprano's Season 6 discussion......... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=135037)

Kylo Ren 02-02-2006 02:35 PM

Soprano's Season 6 discussion.........

My wife and I are excited about the upcoming season of Sopranos. We've been waiting for about 2 years for this next season. This show is addictive.

Originally, I missed the first few episodes of season one. I've never seen them. But HBO has been showing all of the Sopranos episodes in order lately. I started watching every episode, starting with season one, episode one about a month and a half ago. It's been great. I watch it every weekday night at 7pm. I'm picking up allot of stuff that I missed the first time around. Also, seeing the entire series from the beginning, in order, episode after episode is really making things more clear. There were some things that I was foggy about. There's such a long offseason between seasons that you can forget important details sometimes. The timing will be just right. I should finish the final episode just prior to March when the new season starts. I can't wait.

Discuss.......

After reading another Soprano's thread, the topic of SPOILERS came up. So I thought there should be some RULES about spoilers for this thread.

I would say that one should read and post at your own risk. We will bump this thread to the top after each episode and have a discussion of that episode. I don't know how you can have a discussion without revealing spoilers. I don't even know why they'd be considered spoilers if the episode has already aired and most of America has seen it. So, if you want to post a "spoiler warning" in your post, that's fine. But if you don't, no one should complain. If you haven't see the current episode, you should not read this thread until you have.

With that said, if you have some inside information about an upcoming episode that would be a spoiler, you SHOULD NOT post that on this thread. I can't imagine that happening, because the Soprano's producers gaurd their secrets like Fort Knox. But, if you know something about an upcoming episode, keep it to yourself until after the episode airs. This is really common sense stuff, but I thought it should be spelled out just to keep arguments to a minimum.

Immaculate 02-02-2006 02:45 PM

Can't wait. Seen all episodes, At least twice.

Best show on TV

Brock 02-02-2006 02:52 PM

Want a spoiler?

Immaculate 02-02-2006 02:53 PM

NO!!!!!!

Kylo Ren 02-02-2006 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
Want a spoiler?

NO !!!!

Mods: If this jackass posts spoilers, please delete his post. Or delete this thread and I'll make another one.

Brock = tool :mad:

alpha_omega 02-02-2006 03:04 PM

March 12th...it's about fu**ing time.

Baby Lee 02-02-2006 03:05 PM

Quote:

Want a spoiler?

Write it in white.

Kylo Ren 02-02-2006 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega
March 12th...it's about fu**ing time.

Thanks. I knew it was March, but I didn't know it was the 12th.

Kylo Ren 02-02-2006 03:13 PM

The show won't be the same without Adrianna. She was one of my favorites.

Kylo Ren 02-02-2006 03:14 PM

Who do you think will get "whacked"?
Will Tony and Carmella get back together?
Do you think little Anthony will join his Dad's "business"?

Otter 02-02-2006 03:17 PM

Is balls across the nose the same as a spoiler? Gunther is a heavy sleeper.

Kylo Ren 02-02-2006 03:40 PM

What will Christopher do now that Adrianna is gone? I would guess that he'll be a basket case and a loose canon.

Artie Buco has been one of my favorite characters since the first episode.

Deberg_1990 02-02-2006 04:41 PM

Isnt this supposed to be the last season?? Its been about 3 years since the last season hasnt it??

Chiefnj 02-02-2006 04:55 PM

12 new episodes in 2006 and 8 new episodes in 2007.

Eleazar 02-02-2006 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunther_Fan
Who do you think will get "whacked"?
Will Tony and Carmella get back together?
Do you think little Anthony will join his Dad's "business"?

Thanks for the spoilers :mad: :mad: :cuss:

Kylo Ren 02-02-2006 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990
Isnt this supposed to be the last season?? Its been about 3 years since the last season hasnt it??

The last episodes were in '04.

Kylo Ren 02-02-2006 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
Thanks for the spoilers :mad: :mad: :cuss:

Huh? :spock:

Those are all cliffhangers from the previous season. That's not anything that people don't already know.

Kylo Ren 02-03-2006 09:44 AM

http://www.gandolfini.com/gandocobble.jpg

Kylo Ren 02-03-2006 09:44 AM

http://www.gandolfini.com/Soprano's.jpg

Kylo Ren 02-27-2006 08:31 AM

It's only 13 days away. Anyone hear any new news or rumors?

Kylo Ren 02-27-2006 09:58 AM

Does anyone know anything about the guy from "Wings" in season 6? I wonder what's up with him. The previews show him getting his ass beat over and over again.

Brock 02-27-2006 10:04 AM

Quote:

Does anyone know anything about the guy from "Wings" in season 6? I wonder what's up with him. The previews show him getting his ass beat over and over again.

I thought you didn't want spoilers.

GoTrav 02-27-2006 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj
12 new episodes in 2006 and 8 new episodes in 2007.

thought it was the last too. I do look for little Tony to become more involved in the family business.

GoTrav 02-27-2006 10:16 AM

Quote:

It's only 13 days away. Anyone hear any new news or rumors?

haven't seen the trailer yet for this season. Anyone gots a link? Heard Johnny Sack (sp?) is shown in jail.

Kylo Ren 02-27-2006 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Ice
thought it was the last too. I do look for little Tony to become more involved in the family business.

I thought Anthony Jr would get more involved too. But the new trailer shows him in a rehab type facility.

Kylo Ren 02-27-2006 10:55 AM

Quote:

haven't seen the trailer yet for this season. Anyone gots a link? Heard Johnny Sack (sp?) is shown in jail.

The trailer is really cool. It shows alot but doesn't give anything away, obviously. I don't know for sure, but it looks like Bobby (the really fat guy that works for Jr.) becomes way more aggressive. The trailer makes it look like Paulie is having a mental breakdown or something. Like I said before, the guy from Wings keeps getting his ass beat in the trailer. It appears that he becomes a pretty regular character. Also, Carmella begins a "stand by my man" routine. It looks like she goes back to Tony and sticks by him. But who knows. The trailers are usually misleading.

Kylo Ren 03-13-2006 09:46 AM

SEASON 6, EPISODE 1 .......

Well we've waited a long time for this episode. From everything that I heard leading up to it, there were going to be several big surprises. To me, there was only ONE be surprise. Obviously, Tony being shot and possibly bleeding to death in a pool of his own blood is a big surprise. I think there is no way that Tony dies. But, who knows. This show is crazy and unpredictable.

Any thoughts on episode one?

Instead of having several Sopranos threads each week, we all can just use this one thread for our Sopranos discussions. If someone hasn't already done it, I'll try to bring it up to the top right after each of the season 6 episodes. FYI --

rad 03-13-2006 10:20 AM

All I know is I'm going to have to watch it again, theres too much I missed. Alright , the only thing I really missed was Meadow's dance but I can't not see that!

Kylo Ren 03-13-2006 10:38 AM

Right. I'm going to watch it again, especially Meadow's scene!

Kylo Ren 03-13-2006 01:10 PM

After reading another Soprano's thread, the topic of SPOILERS came up. So I thought there should be some RULES about spoilers for this thread.

I would say that one should read and post at your own risk. We will bump this thread to the top after each episode and have a discussion of that episode. I don't know how you can have a discussion without revealing spoilers. I don't even know why they'd be considered spoilers if the episode has already aired and most of America has seen it. So, if you want to post a "spoiler warning" in your post, that's fine. But if you don't, no one should complain. If you haven't see the current episode, you should not read this thread until you have.

With that said, if you have some inside information about an upcoming episode that would be a spoiler, you SHOULD NOT post that on this thread. I can't imagine that happening, because the Soprano's producers gaurd their secrets like Fort Knox. But, if you know something about an upcoming episode, keep it to yourself until after the episode airs. This is really common sense stuff, but I thought it should be spelled out just to keep arguments to a minimum.

Baby Lee 03-13-2006 01:12 PM

Quote:

I would say that one should read and post at your own risk. We will bump this thread to the top after each episode and have a discussion of that episode. I don't know how you can have a discussion without revealing spoilers. I don't even know why they'd be considered spoilers if the episode has already aired and most of America has seen it. So, if you want to post a "spoiler warning" in your post, that's fine. But if you don't, no one should complain. If you haven't see the current episode, you should not read this thread until you have. With that said, if you have some inside information about an upcoming episode that would be a spoiler, you SHOULD NOT post that on this thread. I can't imagine that happening, because the Soprano's producers gaurd their secrets like Fort Knox. But, if you know something about an upcoming episode, keep it to yourself until after the episode airs. This is really common sense stuff, but I thought it should be spelled out just to keep arguments to a minimum.

Hey mods, for the benefit of planet 'tards, could we add all the above text to the thread title?

:p

Kylo Ren 03-13-2006 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee
Hey mods, for the benefit of planet 'tards, could we add all the above text to the thread title?

:p

Good idea. :rolleyes:

KCTitus 03-13-2006 01:20 PM

Good episode, I thought. I started to get a little anxious, when the first 10 minutes of the hour was the 'red carpet' walk of stars fawning about how awesome Sopranos was, then the 'recap' of the most notable events of previous season(s)...I was suprised at how much I had forgotten.

I cant believe that Tony would go this early in the season, so it will be interesting to see how that works out.

Im glad that the writers finally got Meadow to 'dance'...too bad it wasnt at the Bing. :D

Kylo Ren 03-13-2006 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus
Good episode, I thought. I started to get a little anxious, when the first 10 minutes of the hour was the 'red carpet' walk of stars fawning about how awesome Sopranos was, then the 'recap' of the most notable events of previous season(s)...I was suprised at how much I had forgotten.

I cant believe that Tony would go this early in the season, so it will be interesting to see how that works out.

Im glad that the writers finally got Meadow to 'dance'...too bad it wasnt at the Bing. :D

I hope she (Meadow) pulls a "Vito" on Finn. :p

Baby Lee 03-13-2006 03:06 PM

Quote:

I hope she (Meadow) pulls a "Vito" on Finn. :p

:spock: she doesn't need to go on a diet. :p

Kylo Ren 03-13-2006 03:22 PM

Quote:

:spock: she doesn't need to go on a diet. :p

Funny. But you KNOW that's not what I was talking about. :)

CHENZ A! 03-13-2006 04:51 PM

She's been hittin the gym, Meadow's got a tight body, and we need to see more of that.

Kylo Ren 03-13-2006 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A!
She's been hittin the gym, Meadow's got a tight body, and we need to see more of that.

:whackit:

Kylo Ren 03-16-2006 04:04 PM

Now that you've all had time to think about the past episode, do you have a prediction for the upcoming episode?

Iowanian 03-16-2006 04:28 PM

you and your effing post bumping......

Otter 03-16-2006 04:38 PM

For someone that wants his post to be "the post" on the Sopranos try offering some insight onto how the Egyptian Book of the Dead offers insight or into the circle of life thing. The show has so many layers and you’re finest input so far was Meadow’s dance was good to jerk off to.

Cripes, give a shot to some contribution besides bumping your post.

I'm neg repping anyone who bumps this post till Gunter Fan says one meaningfull the about the show.

Please don't tell me you appreciate this contemporary cinema and have nothing else to offer. Are you a moron?

Baby Lee 03-16-2006 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter
I'm neg repping anyone who bumps this post till Gunter Fan says one meaningfull the about the show.

Says the guy who bumped the post to say he was neg repping anyone who bumped the post. :p

Kylo Ren 03-16-2006 06:06 PM

Quote:

Says the guy who bumped the post to say he was neg repping anyone who bumped the post. :p

ROFL

Kylo Ren 03-16-2006 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter
For someone that wants his post to be "the post" on the Sopranos try offering some insight onto how the Egyptian Book of the Dead offers insight or into the circle of life thing. The show has so many layers and you’re finest input so far was Meadow’s dance was good to jerk off to.

Cripes, give a shot to some contribution besides bumping your post.

Please don't tell me you appreciate this contemporary cinema and have nothing else to offer. Are you a moron?

Uncle Junior looks weird without his teeth. :p

keg in kc 03-16-2006 07:30 PM

Quote:

she doesn't need to go on a diet.

I think she could use an increase in protein. I'd be happy to provide my services.

Kylo Ren 03-16-2006 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
I think she could use an increase in protein. I'd be happy to provide my services.

Get in line behind almost every dude on this BB.

Kylo Ren 03-19-2006 09:23 PM

Season 6
Epsiode 2

Well, here it is.

Have at it.

Discuss..............

SquirrellyBastard 03-19-2006 09:32 PM

A.J. going off about Uncle Junior and flunking out of school sure seems to set him getting in the game with Pops.

What's up with Tony's dream sequence...I think he was hallucinating about what his life would be like had he not been in the mafia.

JimNasium 03-19-2006 09:34 PM

Typical setup issue. Next week should be fireworks.

Frazod 03-19-2006 09:35 PM

:ZZZ:

oaklandhater 03-19-2006 09:35 PM

The beginning of the Episode is pretty trippy.But seeing the power struggel over who runs the family in tony's Stead makes the next few episodes seem very interesting.

Kylo Ren 03-19-2006 09:51 PM

Interesting........

I hope Tony comes out of it soon. But, who knows. The show is unpredictable. He could be out of commission for a while.

Chiefnj 03-19-2006 09:52 PM

Here is a SPOILER:

EPISODE 2 SUCKS. TONY IS IN A COMA AND THERE IS A CHANCE HE WILL SUFFER FROM BRAIN DAMAGE IF HE SURVIVES.

Kylo Ren 03-19-2006 10:00 PM

Quote:

Here is a SPOILER:

EPISODE 2 SUCKS. TONY IS IN A COMA AND THERE IS A CHANCE HE WILL SUFFER FROM BRAIN DAMAGE IF HE SURVIVES.

That's not really a spoiler if we all just watched it.

I don't think it sucked. It was just different. But I think it is setting up for some good action in the next few episodes.

Chiefnj 03-19-2006 10:21 PM

Quote:

I don't think it sucked. It was just different. But I think it is setting up for some good action in the next few episodes.

No, it sucked. Tony got shot last week. Of course there is going to be a power struggle with him laid up and Johnny in jail. They didn't need to waste an entire episode with Tony laying in a coma, Carmella telling him how much she loved him and AJ remaining a loser.

Eleazar 03-19-2006 10:23 PM

Quote:

No, it sucked. Tony got shot last week. Of course there is going to be a power struggle with him laid up and Johnny in jail. They didn't need to waste an entire episode with Tony laying in a coma, Carmella telling him how much she loved him and AJ remaining a loser.

I didn't see it or anything, but normally with TV shows whole episodes of filler and extensive flashback sequences that aren't in continuity = jumping the shark

beavis 03-19-2006 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyGump
Typical setup issue. Next week should be fireworks.

Sure looked like it by the preview.

Kylo Ren 03-20-2006 12:00 AM

Quote:

I don't see you changing the channel.

keg in kc 03-20-2006 01:19 AM

I enjoyed tonight's episode. There was some really quality subtle stuff woven into it, both in the script and in the edit.

1punkyQB 03-20-2006 04:59 AM

The only problem I have with the show are the dream sequences. Besides the one in the first season with Isabella. It's a shame she couldn't be a recurring character cuz she was easy on the eyes.

cadmonkey 03-20-2006 07:39 AM

I really hate dream episodes but I can say this.......

I have a feeling that if/when Tony comes out of the coma with what ever brain damage he has he is going to forget what his real life is like and is going to think that what he has been dreaming the past few days is what his real life is like. He may wake up and never remember the mafia life.

AJ had the most lines he has had in close to 4 years. And a lot of emotional acting this week both from AJ and Carmella. It was a slow episode over all but looking back at it, its a very good set up episode.

Kylo Ren 03-20-2006 08:30 AM

It's interesting that the FBI agents have been reassigned to terrorism and aren't pursuing the mafia any longer. It's too bad that Adriana was the last casualty before the FBI dropped the case. If she could have held out just a little longer......

Baby Lee 03-20-2006 08:59 AM

Quote:

It's interesting that the FBI agents have been reassigned to terrorism and aren't pursuing the mafia any longer. It's too bad that Adriana was the last casualty before the FBI dropped the case. If she could have held out just a little longer......

THOSE TWO agents transferred to terrorism. Informant killing machine Sanseverino and the rest of that unit is still operating. Do you even WATCH the show?

Brock 03-20-2006 09:02 AM

Quote:

THOSE TWO agents transferred to terrorism. Informant killing machine Sanseverino and the rest of that unit is still operating. Do you even WATCH the show?

The FBI only has two or three agents.

Kylo Ren 03-20-2006 09:06 AM

Quote:

That's true. You're right. But there does seem to be much less emphasis by the FBI on the mafia. It's just too bad Adriana had to go. It's funny how Christopher and the FBI agents talk to each other like old buddies. The FBI agents seem almost sympathetic toward Christopher and Tony.

Kylo Ren 03-20-2006 09:07 AM

Quote:

The FBI only has two or three agents.

They do? That's wierd. I always thought it was a large organization. No wonder they never caught Tony and put him in jail. Hmmm. :hmmm:

GoTrav 03-20-2006 09:17 AM

who is his wife during the dream sequences? It didn't sound like Carmella. I expect Tony to be down and out for a few episodes though :(

And I'm just not buying the AJ tough guy thing.

Two classics were AJ's line about putting a bullet in Junior's Mummy head and the Celebrity Fit Club dude talking about being homosexual which you also see him "propositioning" Meadow's BF in the trailer for next week.

keg in kc 03-20-2006 09:26 AM

Quote:

who is his wife during the dream sequences? It didn't sound like Carmella.

Didn't sound like her to me. I wasn't sure, but the Daughter didn't sound like Meadow to me either.

Baby Lee 03-20-2006 09:27 AM

Like how Paulie mentioned that he was gonna get Tony a stereo for the hospital room, and Chrissie say "he don't need that.' Cut to Carm opening a box in the hospital room, "ohh, it's a stereo from Chris." ROFL

Also looks like Chrissie got John's Maserati, and drives it in the rain with the windows down.

Kylo Ren 03-20-2006 09:46 AM

Quote:

who is his wife during the dream sequences? It didn't sound like Carmella. I expect Tony to be down and out for a few episodes though :(

And I'm just not buying the AJ tough guy thing.

Two classics were AJ's line about putting a bullet in Junior's Mummy head and the Celebrity Fit Club dude talking about being homosexual which you also see him "propositioning" Meadow's BF in the trailer for next week.

Right. Tony's whole family on the phone is different. I don't recognize their voices. Obviously, his voice is different and the way he acts is different.

rad 03-20-2006 10:50 AM

That was funny when Vito was talking about Gene hanging himself -"maybe he was a homo or something, couldn't handle it" lol

Brock 03-20-2006 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rad
That was funny when Vito was talking about Gene hanging himself -"maybe he was a homo or something, couldn't handle it" lol

That was pretty funny. I think Tony's wife on the phone sounded like Charmaine.

Kylo Ren 03-20-2006 10:59 AM

Quote:

That was pretty funny. I think Tony's wife on the phone sounded like Charmaine.

Hmmmmmm. Interesting. That could be. They had a fling when they were younger.

Kylo Ren 03-20-2006 11:05 AM

Anyone want to try to interpret the dream that Tony is currently living in? There are two things that are obvious to everyone. 1.) It's showing the life that he could have lived if things were different. 2.) Also, it is showing that he is away from home and he can't get home. This has to do with his coma. While in a coma, he's away from his life and family and wants to come home, but can't. I'm sure there's more meaning to the dream. What do you think?

Anyone notice any other meaning in the dream? What's up with the name Kevin Finnerty? Sounds kind of like "infinity".

It was a boring episode, but very interesting. Not much action, but alot to think about.

Chiefnj 03-20-2006 11:08 AM

He reluctantly took on anothers identity. Possible foreshadowing if Tony ever goes to the Feds and has to go to witness protection.

keg in kc 03-20-2006 12:08 PM

I thought it was interesting that his 'new' life sucked as much as his old life, albeit for different reasons. So maybe instead of moving him away from the mob, all this NDE stuff will convince him to stay.

vailpass 03-20-2006 12:20 PM

Quote:

who is his wife during the dream sequences? It didn't sound like Carmella.

Gloria Trillo.

Brock 03-20-2006 12:24 PM

Quote:

The voice of Purgatory Tony's wife wasn't played by Annabella Sciorra, or any other actress who's been on the show before; she's just a generic non-Carmela female voice.
http://www.nj.com/columns/ledger/sep...l=1&thispage=1

GoTrav 03-20-2006 12:54 PM

Didn't think much about it but Carmella giving Tony his new insurance card in the first episode. And don't you need to be dead to be "in" Purgatory? I didn't read but a paragraph of the above link...is it just spoiler information for the 2nd episode?

HC_Chief 03-20-2006 12:57 PM

This year has already surpassed last year IMO. First two episodes have been very good. :thumb: