ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Jedi: Fallen Order (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322317)

keg in kc 04-13-2019 06:28 PM

Jedi: Fallen Order

Single player only. No microtransactions or lootboxes. Developed by Respawn Entertainment (Titanfall, Apex Legends) using Unreal Engine. Stars Cameron Monaghan as Cal Kestis, a Jedi Padawan who survived Order 66.

<iframe width="800" height="448" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0GLbwkfhYZk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry 04-13-2019 08:08 PM

holy shit. IN

Bowser 04-13-2019 08:14 PM

That looks pretty bad ass

Frazod 04-13-2019 08:32 PM

I assume Kennedy wasn't involved, since the main character isn't a lesbian.

Imon Yourside 04-13-2019 10:50 PM

This is EA so we'll see but they probably needed to release a single player version and get a different team on this. Looks promising but not holding my breath.

Some positives are Respawn entertainment, using the Unreal Engine and it's single player so it should offer up somethng different and MORE THAN LIKELY NO loot boxes.

keg in kc 04-13-2019 11:18 PM

It's no lootboxes. Period. No more than likely about it. They were very clear about that.

Imon Yourside 04-14-2019 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14205602)
It's no lootboxes. Period. No more than likely about it. They were very clear about that.

I agree mostly and I never really overreacted to loot boxes as long as it's just cosmetics. That being said it's EA and no one will believe them until the game has been out 2 or 3 years without loot boxes.

C3HIEF3S 04-14-2019 09:10 AM

Zero expectations for a CGI trailer. Will never forgive EA for shoving it up Battlefront’s ass.

Frazod 04-14-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 14205796)
Zero expectations for a CGI trailer. Will never forgive EA for shoving it up Battlefront’s ass.

Yeah, if they're not showing the actual gameplay, it definitely makes you wonder why.

Jerm 04-14-2019 10:45 AM

Already pre ordered the Deluxe Edition for the X lol....hyped beyond belief.

Hammock Parties 04-14-2019 12:34 PM

Freakin' sweet. Hope we get to see Vader killing Jedi.

Hammock Parties 04-14-2019 12:38 PM

I've long accepted that we'll never get another Kyle Katarn game, but this is just as good.

Single player, set in an era after the prequels, Empire running around doing cool shit, probably some cool levels, lightsabers, force powers, killing stormtroopers.

It'll be fun as long as I can play with keyboard and mouse.

CoMoChief 04-14-2019 01:34 PM

EA makes me VERY skeptical about purchasing this....but we've been craving a good Star Wars game for decades. Battlefront was a god damn mess. I hope to God they've learned their lesson on that (probably haven't)..can't really tell anything off of a trailer that doesn't show any gameplay...wonder why?

I just wish there was an open world (universe) game where you can fly/travel from planet to planet, have missions etc...kinda like a GTA type game, where you can be a Jedi in training, become an apprentice, battle the empire, fly the Falcon, have personal droids, fly Xwings and have space battles, also allows you to play the other side of the card where you can be the empire and train under Vader or something and you could do missions, fly in Tiefighters etc. There is SO much they could do w/ a Star Wars game, but it never gets done. Battlefront was a half assed mess.

Indian Chief 04-14-2019 09:39 PM

EA is on a "prove it" deal with me. I am cautiously optimistic.

JD10367 04-15-2019 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14205468)
I assume Kennedy wasn't involved, since the main character isn't a lesbian.

Pretty sure if the main character was a lesbian it'd be even more interesting...

Frazod 04-15-2019 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 14207023)
Pretty sure if the main character was a lesbian it'd be even more interesting...

A Kathleen Kennedy lesbian would probably look like a tatted-out Rachel Maddow, and have a relationship with a hutt voiced by Rosie O'Donnell.

Pants 04-15-2019 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14205333)
Single player only. No microtransactions or lootboxes. Developed by Respawn Entertainment (Titanfall, Apex Legends) using Unreal Engine. Stars Cameron Monaghan as Cal Kestis, a Jedi Padawan who survived Order 66.

<iframe width="800" height="448" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0GLbwkfhYZk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Don't forget Call of Duty. One of the most influential video game franchises of all time.

Games like this and Cyberpunk 2077 are just more proof that the SP experience will never go away.

Fish 04-15-2019 08:25 PM

Looks pretty cool. Love that it's single player. Count me in.

Bowser 04-15-2019 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14207141)
A Kathleen Kennedy lesbian would probably look like a tatted-out Rachel Maddow, and have a relationship with a hutt voiced by Rosie O'Donnell.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nC9OOVZe_-...owing-up-o.gif

Bowser 04-15-2019 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14208263)
Looks pretty cool. Love that it's single player. Count me in.

Yes, yes, and yes.

http://pa1.narvii.com/6464/e8be904bf...0c945b8_hq.gif

keg in kc 04-15-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 14208223)
Don't forget Call of Duty. One of the most influential video game franchises of all time.

Games like this and Cyberpunk 2077 are just more proof that the SP experience will never go away.

The weird thing is that EA cancelled TWO single player games recently, one that was going to be a continuation or reboot of KOTOR, and the other was inspired by Uncharted. Both were cancelled because they wanted focus on games as service. And yet this is out in November. Which isn't a bad thing but still...weird.

Imon Yourside 04-16-2019 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14208369)
The weird thing is that EA cancelled TWO single player games recently, one that was going to be a continuation or reboot of KOTOR, and the other was inspired by Uncharted. Both were cancelled because they wanted focus on games as service. And yet this is out in November. Which isn't a bad thing but still...weird.

I really want a new KOTOR and/or Mass Effect. I wish Bioware wouldn't waste their time with Dragon Age. I still wish they had expanded upon Mass Effect instead of Anthem, the Multiplayer on ME3 needed more to it and I bet it would have been a lot better game.

Setsuna 04-17-2019 07:10 PM

It's EA. Not buying it. They need 3 years of consumer friendly practices before I ever purchase anything from them again.

Imon Yourside 04-18-2019 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 14211591)
It's EA. Not buying it. They need 3 years of consumer friendly practices before I ever purchase anything from them again.

Meh the same could be said for just about every games company, all a bunch of greedy bastards as a general rule.

007 04-18-2019 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14213411)
Meh the same could be said for just about every games company, all a bunch of greedy bastards as a general rule.

It all started with the mobile gaming devs. Thats where all the microtransaction shit started.

Imon Yourside 04-18-2019 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14214072)
It all started with the mobile gaming devs. Thats where all the microtransaction shit started.

Right I hate mobile games with a passion, but it's undeniable it's a huge cash cow. My wife loves mobile games but i've warned her I'm leaving her if she spends a penny on them. :P

007 04-18-2019 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14214103)
Right I hate mobile games with a passion, but it's undeniable it's a huge cash cow. My wife loves mobile games but i've warned her I'm leaving her if she spends a penny on them. :P

If I really enjoy a game I will sometimes pay the small one or two dollar fee to remove the ads. But that is as far as I'll go.

That said, I'm finding it harder and harder to find good mobile games because they load them down with so many ads and started adding timegates and paygates.

The old Plants vs Zombie and Cover Orange style games are gone. Its all about how much money you can squeeze from a customer now.

Imon Yourside 04-18-2019 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14214107)
If I really enjoy a game I will sometimes pay the small one or two dollar fee to remove the ads. But that is as far as I'll go.

That said, I'm finding it harder and harder to find good mobile games because they load them down with so many ads and started adding timegates and paygates.

The old Plants vs Zombie and Cover Orange style games are gone. Its all about how much money you can squeeze from a customer now.

It's like a drug, they need to get you hooked for free or cheaply then move in for the killshot on your wallet. Not falling for that, especially when some games you can just go download the full version for free from certain sites on the intrawebz. I really don't play mobile games anymore, I did some Castle Clash for a bit but people spend upwards of 2000 dollars on that game.

Setsuna 04-19-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14213411)

You are right. And I don't buy from them either. I'll wait for the discount after it's been out for a year if at all.

Imon Yourside 04-19-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 14214823)
You are right. And I don't buy from them either. I'll wait for the discount after it's been out for a year if at all.

I don't blame you that's how most approach it. You see so many half assed or broken games asking for $60 plus dlc.

Setsuna 04-19-2019 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14214942)
I don't blame you that's how most approach it. You see so many half assed or broken games asking for $60 plus dlc.

Yeah. I dont fault anyone for doing whatever the heck they want with thier money either. I just hope you enjoy it enough for your expectations. :clap:

keg in kc 06-08-2019 09:40 PM

<iframe width="1189" height="669" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8939aURV9Dc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 06-08-2019 11:18 PM

That looks fun. I might just have to buy this.

Frazod 06-08-2019 11:49 PM

Yeah, that was impressive. Hope it comes out on PC.

Imon Yourside 06-08-2019 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14300507)
Yeah, that was impressive. Hope it comes out on PC.

Ya it's on the major 3 platforms, Xbox Playstation and PC.

This looks like the next best thing to a new Kotor, can't wait. Haven't been able to say that about a Star Wars game in Forever, maybe since the 90's.

keg in kc 06-09-2019 03:09 AM

There's a game informer vid i'm too lazy to look up and link, but the gist is that they played onsite for two days and they're super hyped for it. They compared it to their impressions about Spiderman PS4 a year ago, another game they visited in development and did a cover story on (Fallen Order is their July cover...).

They also did a cover story for Anthem, so take if for what it's worth...

Still, they were clearly excited, and while I didn't play it, Spiderman was a big hit. They basically said it's now their most anticipated game of 2019.

Hammock Parties 07-04-2019 01:54 PM

OMG

so in

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WXpxWy8DJSE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bowener 07-05-2019 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14334716)
OMG

so in

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WXpxWy8DJSE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm sure it will be fun, but I can't help but be disappointed that there is no limb dismemberment and that fact that the protagonist looks ****ing ridiculous. I'm not sure who signed off on the character model, but it's ****ing terrible and nearly jarring in the cut scenes. It's too bad they weren't able to allow for character creation of some kind. I'd much rather be a crazy looking alien with an ass for a face than that dude.

I am also hoping they are playing that demo on the easiest mode possible otherwise that shit will get boring fast.

Hammock Parties 07-05-2019 04:52 PM

you get to climb on an AT-AT walker and then get inside it

we have never ever seen that in any star wars movie, let alone a game

this is going to be amazing

Gravedigger 11-17-2019 12:00 AM

I'm surprised nobody has bumped this yet. Great game, really fun and a great side story for Star Wars. Definitely recommend so far.

Imon Yourside 11-17-2019 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 14600511)
I'm surprised nobody has bumped this yet. Great game, really fun and a great side story for Star Wars. Definitely recommend so far.

Looks like Dark Souls to me, which i'm not a fan of but at least its not battlefront 3. :p

Hammock Parties 11-17-2019 12:19 AM

screenshots look amazing

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJbczFLX...name=4096x4096

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJdDZFoW...name=4096x4096

eagerly awaiting torrent

Imon Yourside 11-17-2019 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14600517)

Free version out yet?

Hammock Parties 11-17-2019 01:46 PM

damn this sounds awesome

2-3 hours per planet doing side quests?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">After a dozen hours, I think <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/JediFallenOrder?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#JediFallenOrder</a> is much better than suggested by the promotional campaign. <br><br>Exploration is at the heart of the game design, I sometimes feel like a Jedi archaeologist. The fights are hard to master, but enjoyable when you succeed. <a href="https://t.co/J6DkWiIggt">https://t.co/J6DkWiIggt</a></p>&mdash; From Lucasfilm Games to LucasArts (@LucasfilmGames) <a href="https://twitter.com/LucasfilmGames/status/1196151604367568896?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 17, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

eDave 11-17-2019 02:00 PM

I've got an itchy trigger finger for this one.

Bowser 11-17-2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 14601193)
I've got an itchy trigger finger for this one.

Yep. May just get off of here and go grab it.

Hammock Parties 11-18-2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14601704)
Yep. May just get off of here and go grab it.

waiting for that Chiefs loss so i can **** off for two weeks

Gravedigger 11-18-2019 10:25 AM

It's really good, I'm only on my third planet right now, basically after the intro sequence you go from planet to planet to complete your mission.

Each planet is larger than it looks, it reminds me of Super Mario Odyssey to a point where you have some many chests, force power and health upgrades, and extra enemies/bosses to kill and scan for more xp. I just got done with the second planet on Saturday and when I went to the ships holocron to select my next destination, I saw that I didn't even get half the chests for that planet, making me want to go back as chests have visual skin upgrades for BD-1 (your droid) and your lightsaber. It's almost Metroid like how you know you can't access an area yet, because you haven't gotten that force power yet, so you'll have to come back before you can uncover more of the planet.

You can customize your lightsaber in five different parts; color, and then the rest are cosmetic. BD-1 throws you health stims when you click the up direction and you only get so many of them and can increase the amount they heal you by in your talent tree. When you rest at a meditation circle it refills your health and stims but respawns enemies like Dark Souls.

It's a great mashup of many different styles, which some might say doesn't make it unique, and I could see that, but it does the mashup very well. The movement and combat is a mashup of Assassin's Creed and Dark Souls. When you say Dark Souls, people can sigh, but you control the difficulty so the hits aren't as punishing if you mess up a dodge. The other Dark Souls part is that you have meditation circles throughout the map that serve as respawn points. At the difficulty I was at, if I died all I had to do was go back to the enemy that killed me and hit them once so I get all my xp back. It's much more forgiving than Dark Souls.

Every planet has puzzles that are reminiscent of Tomb Raider; use your force push to push balls into pits to activate more platforms that you'll climb to get to the next part of the puzzle. Nothing difficult thus far, but fun for the exploration of each of the planets.

The story is pretty cool as well and it gets going right away. The intro sequence can be done in 10-15 minutes easy, and it packs a good deal into there. I'm mixed on the protagonist, Cal is great when he's talking with BD-1 or bantering with the ship's captain and other crew member. He's one note, when it comes to his delivery, but he's okay and believable as a Jedi.

I definitely agree with the reviewers thus far, it's impressive that an EA title and a Star Wars game can be a great game, but they seem to have put a good amount of effort into it. When Anthem came out, I bought Origin for the year, mistake for the Anthem part of it, but it allowed me to play Madden and now this so I feel like I've got my money's worth as if I would've bought all three of those games it would've cost me $180 with only about $40 of that coming back through trade ins I feel after I'm done with it. I love Uncharted, Assassins Creed, Prince of Persia, Dark Souls, Tomb Raider and Star Wars and this game mixes them all together pretty seamlessly.

Skyy God 11-18-2019 11:49 AM

Respawn is a solid studio.

Now Titanfall 3, please and thank you.*

Or 2 remastered for the next gen consoles. Those maps are dope AF.

Frazod 11-18-2019 12:10 PM

Is this a game where you have to precision jump everywhere, and if you do it wrong you constantly die?

Hammock Parties 11-18-2019 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14602977)
Is this a game where you have to precision jump everywhere, and if you do it wrong you constantly die?

No.

Frazod 11-18-2019 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14603045)
No.

That's good.

The last single player Star Wars game I played was like that, and it pissed me off so much I never even bothered to finish it.

Imon Yourside 11-18-2019 04:59 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lymC7DVyJBY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fish 11-18-2019 06:12 PM

It's now cracked, FYI...

Imon Yourside 11-18-2019 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14603689)
It's now cracked, FYI...

Sweet still nothing on RDR 2 tho.

Hammock Parties 11-18-2019 11:52 PM

https://www.iptorrents.com/details.php?id=3639291

Fish 11-20-2019 05:12 PM

Man, **** those goat creatures. JFC.... goddamn Jedi can't take down a ****ing goat...

hometeam 11-20-2019 07:37 PM

i have this as part of EA access, should i play this?> Is it just a linear story platformer? I totally missed out on any marketing for this thing

Sorry 11-21-2019 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 14611216)
i have this as part of EA access, should i play this?> Is it just a linear story platformer? I totally missed out on any marketing for this thing

Just try it for yourself brah

Hammock Parties 11-21-2019 07:25 AM

Quote:

from all reports, you won't be disappointed

60+ hours

WhawhaWhat 11-21-2019 07:28 AM

How much DLC is there in this game?

Hammock Parties 11-21-2019 07:30 AM

Gravedigger 11-21-2019 09:32 AM

It just came out.

Gravedigger 11-21-2019 09:34 AM

There's something extremely satisfying about blocking at the right time to bounce a Stormtrooper's blaster bolt back at them and kill them in one hit.

Fish 11-21-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

I've got quite a bit of play time in so far. It's just OK. I was expecting more..

Too much like Dark Souls style play for my liking. You have to find a rest point to save the game and fill up your health stuff. If you die, you lose all the XP since your last save, all the enemies are regenerated, and you have to go and attack the enemy that killed you to get it back. The lightsaber is really only able to be cosmetically customized, which is disappointing. The Jedi skill tree isn't that exciting. Armor and clothing is just cosmetic. The story is very linear. No in game choices or dialog variation. There's usually only one way in or out of an area, and sometimes it can be super frustrating to find your way back out once you finish the quest. Most games provide a quick exit from the area once you defeat the boss or complete the mission. This game makes you slog back through the entire map. No fast travel. There's lots of puzzles presented to you, which aren't capable of being unlocked until you get something else from another planet you encounter 10hrs later. Then you have to go back and traverse that planet once again, and usually have to travel a long ways just to get back to some tempting treasure chest you previously saw, only to find out it's just a stupid new piece for your lightsaber that doesn't change the functionality at all. The map does conveniently show you the location of spots that are unexplored/locked/etc. though.

The Dark Souls style "Hit an enemy, and dodge/roll 30 times, hit enemy again, repeat for 5 minutes" is definitely annoying for me sometimes. It forces you to block/parry/dodge/roll like a cracked out gymnast instead of just doing some cool efficient Jedi takedown. It just doesn't feel very Jedi-like to me. The graphics are very cool though. The creatures are neat.

If you have access to it for free, I'd give it a run.

Hammock Parties 11-21-2019 11:12 AM

fish is lazy

Fish 11-21-2019 08:45 PM

https://i.imgur.com/6gEjOpS.jpg

Imon Yourside 11-21-2019 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14611808)
I've got quite a bit of play time in so far. It's just OK. I was expecting more..

Too much like Dark Souls style play for my liking. You have to find a rest point to save the game and fill up your health stuff. If you die, you lose all the XP since your last save, all the enemies are regenerated, and you have to go and attack the enemy that killed you to get it back. The lightsaber is really only able to be cosmetically customized, which is disappointing. The Jedi skill tree isn't that exciting. Armor and clothing is just cosmetic. The story is very linear. No in game choices or dialog variation. There's usually only one way in or out of an area, and sometimes it can be super frustrating to find your way back out once you finish the quest. Most games provide a quick exit from the area once you defeat the boss or complete the mission. This game makes you slog back through the entire map. No fast travel. There's lots of puzzles presented to you, which aren't capable of being unlocked until you get something else from another planet you encounter 10hrs later. Then you have to go back and traverse that planet once again, and usually have to travel a long ways just to get back to some tempting treasure chest you previously saw, only to find out it's just a stupid new piece for your lightsaber that doesn't change the functionality at all. The map does conveniently show you the location of spots that are unexplored/locked/etc. though.

The Dark Souls style "Hit an enemy, and dodge/roll 30 times, hit enemy again, repeat for 5 minutes" is definitely annoying for me sometimes. It forces you to block/parry/dodge/roll like a cracked out gymnast instead of just doing some cool efficient Jedi takedown. It just doesn't feel very Jedi-like to me. The graphics are very cool though. The creatures are neat.

If you have access to it for free, I'd give it a run.

I hate Dark Souls gameplay, a definite avoid for me.

007 11-22-2019 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14612823)
I hate Dark Souls gameplay, a definite avoid for me.

I won't play any game that doesn't save on the fly after trying dark souls. ****ing HATED that game.

Imon Yourside 11-22-2019 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 14614139)
I won't play any game that doesn't save on the fly after trying dark souls. ****ing HATED that game.

Some people love frustration simulators

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dH9w9VlyNO4?list=PL3tRBEVW0hiDIlX9BfVTVl_2aILJKmjsr" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

hometeam 11-23-2019 07:35 PM

TBH im not a fan of dark souls at all. I might watch some twitch gameplay before deciding to spend my time on this.

WhawhaWhat 11-30-2019 09:03 AM

Wal-Mart has the Deluxe Edition on sale for $50 if anyone is wanting to pick up this game.

Link.

Hammock Parties 04-20-2020 09:08 PM

Finally sat down to play this.

HOLY ****ING SHIT.

The opening level with the goddamn sarlacc in the middle of an Imperial scrapyard...HOLY SHIT.

https://i.imgur.com/VhSMC4q.png

Simply Red 04-21-2020 02:03 AM

I'm about halfway through - it's okay - the funny, ironic part is its name, "Fallen Order' because the order of doing shit is awful. It's fun when you're not stuck.

Simply Red 04-21-2020 02:06 AM

Quote:

Though it's not exclusive to GS - Gamestop pimped it the most and rolled out bundles w/ bullshit like figure pins and Purge Trooper 6 inch figures.

bowener 04-21-2020 12:34 PM

I may have said it already, but I hate the ****ing character's appearance. Why a ginger human? You have a ****ing universe to choose a cool ****ing character and you pick a ginger with downs syndrome. WTF?!

Bowser 04-21-2020 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 14920987)
I may have said it already, but I hate the ****ing character's appearance. Why a ginger human? You have a ****ing universe to choose a cool ****ing character and you pick a ginger with downs syndrome. WTF?!

https://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images...04/609/2ac.gif

Hammock Parties 04-25-2020 04:04 PM

This game is addictive. I stayed up until 4 AM last night playing.

Found some mods that make it better too - turned Cal into a halfway decent looking human instead of a ginger freak, and a re-shader that makes the graphics pop.

My only gripe is that they should have used music from the movies. The in-game score is pretty good, to be honest, but it would be so much better with chopped up music from the movies, especially with the Clone Wars stuff in the game.

https://i.imgur.com/SQmdjuv.png

DaneMcCloud 04-25-2020 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14935848)
My only gripe is that they should have used music from the movies. The in-game score is pretty good, to be honest, but it would be so much better with chopped up music from the movies, especially with the Clone Wars stuff in the game.

I'm friends with several game composers and while they earn quite a bit of money for scoring popular video games (generally between $300k-$500k) licensing fees for a John Williams score would be astronomical and unaffordable.

Hammock Parties 04-25-2020 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14936047)
I'm friends with several game composers and while they earn quite a bit of money for scoring popular video games (generally between $300k-$500k) licensing fees for a John Williams score would be astronomical and unaffordable.

It was on tons of older Star Wars games.

It must be a licensing issue in the post-Lucasarts days.