ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Fallout: The Series (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=351160)

Hammock Parties 11-29-2023 10:51 PM

Fallout: The Series

****ING NAILED IT! :thumb:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GACrQAUW...jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAC5_qNW...jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GACAjTda...jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GACAZ2Kb...jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAB5WG7X...pg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GACrQAMW...jpg&name=large

DJJasonp 11-30-2023 04:24 PM

I AM IN!!!!!!

can't wait!

notorious 11-30-2023 05:34 PM

The ghoul has great teeth.

Hey, that's the chick from Miss Peregrines movie.

DCTwister 11-30-2023 07:51 PM

I assume this will be another “girl power” strong female lead like Rings of Power, all things Marvel and Star Wars, etc. But **** it, I am in.

A Salt Weapon 11-30-2023 08:06 PM

Sweet, hope it’s good.

Frazod 12-01-2023 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 17252491)
Sweet, hope it’s good.

Mainly I hope they don't **** it up.

Wallcrawler 12-01-2023 10:39 PM

Ghoul looks like shit.

They're supposed to look like zombies or burn victims with /peeling/oozing skin thats barely staying on.

If that's the final form for the ghoul I'm going to laugh my ass of when he calls someone a smooth skin.

Fish 12-02-2023 12:19 PM

Oh wow...

<iframe width="1920" height="1080" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0kQ8i2FpRDk" title="Fallout - Teaser Trailer | Prime Video" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rausch 12-02-2023 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17253474)
Mainly I hope they don't **** it up.

Well...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KY6Bqt_Qsoc?si=fUgcjLDJ6_WPyY7n" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DJJasonp 12-02-2023 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17253708)
Ghoul looks like shit.

They're supposed to look like zombies or burn victims with /peeling/oozing skin thats barely staying on.

If that's the final form for the ghoul I'm going to laugh my ass of when he calls someone a smooth skin.

I thought it looks fine.

staylor26 12-02-2023 09:50 PM

After the absolute disaster that was Rings of Power, I'm skeptical.

Hammock Parties 12-02-2023 10:52 PM

ROP was great.

staylor26 12-03-2023 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17254625)
ROP was great.

:facepalm:

Hammock Parties 12-03-2023 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17254726)
:facepalm:

LOVED IT! Stop being a bundle of sticks and let people enjoy what they enjoy.

Hammock Parties 12-03-2023 03:33 PM

NAILED IT.

<iframe width="1920" height="1080" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i8qRasXF2pY" title="Fallout | Official Teaser Trailer | Prime Video" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 12-03-2023 03:48 PM

Jonathan Nolan is behind this? That helps build the anticipation.....

penguinz 12-03-2023 06:47 PM

Bethesda has stated this series will be canon.

I really hope I am not disappointed in this show.

kccrow 12-04-2023 07:09 AM

I don't have much faith in anything Amazon releases, but I'll probably give it a solid go.

Indian Chief 12-04-2023 09:08 AM

It's sad that the best I can muster is, "boy, I hope they don't screw this up." But that's their own fault after Rings of Power and Wheel of Time.

penguinz 12-04-2023 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 17259949)
It's sad that the best I can muster is, "boy, I hope they don't screw this up." But that's their own fault after Rings of Power and Wheel of Time.

It is more that the entire industry has been shit lately. Not one single movie or tv show that is worth a damn in 2023.

DJJasonp 12-06-2023 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 17260495)
It is more that the entire industry has been shit lately. Not one single movie or tv show that is worth a damn in 2023.

Stop.

Last of us was great.

Frazod 03-07-2024 04:06 PM

New trailer dropped today. Comes out next month.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V-mugKDQDlg?si=iyOtZnDi1SA7d5Qn" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DCTwister 03-07-2024 07:46 PM

I’ve spent the 2nd most time of my gaming life on Fallout, behind GTA. It looks pretty solid. Looking forward to it.

Frazod 03-07-2024 07:53 PM

I’m a big Walton Goggins fan. He should rock this.

Imon Yourside 03-07-2024 08:53 PM

I might actually watch this :)

I am still pissed that Mass Effect got cancelled, my most anticipated series probably ever next to police squad which is ancient history now.

Hammock Parties 03-07-2024 10:55 PM

Quite pleased we're getting beasties.

Looked like some kind of Mirelurk-ish thing.

Hope we get Deathclaws!

DJJasonp 03-08-2024 01:50 PM

We're getting closer. can't wait!!

notorious 03-11-2024 06:49 PM

I'm in!

Frazod 03-11-2024 09:10 PM

That trailer is amazing. They got the look of the game dead on.

Wallcrawler 03-12-2024 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17431806)
I’m a big Walton Goggins fan. He should rock this.

I was bummed he didn't do a ghoulification of his voice. A ghoul speaking normally is just weird.

Hamwallet 04-10-2024 08:58 PM

2 episodes in and this is pretty dang good.

Frazod 04-11-2024 12:26 AM

Just finished the first episode. I ****ING LOVE IT!

This is what they should have done with The Witcher.

Rausch 04-11-2024 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17478007)
Just finished the first episode. I ****ING LOVE IT!

This is what they should have done with The Witcher.

If after two seasons they haven't pulled the rug out and completely shit on the idea of the game and motivation for all the factions I'll tune in.

Fishpicker 04-11-2024 05:52 AM

kinda slow, a little boring. how about that break action shottie though? that was my jam in FO3

wish I could've watched a minute or two of Grognak the Barbarian

Fish 04-11-2024 11:42 AM

Halfway through the second episode. Pretty awesome so far. They really nailed the feel of the Fallout universe. Very detailed. Down to the old timey soundtrack. The Brotherhood in the series is kinda weird, but we'll see where they go with it.

Frazod 04-11-2024 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 17478509)
Halfway through the second episode. Pretty awesome so far. They really nailed the feel of the Fallout universe. Very detailed. Down to the old timey soundtrack. The Brotherhood in the series is kinda weird, but we'll see where they go with it.

Yep. The attention to detail is amazing. Honestly, the only thing I've noticed is that the old rusted out cars are just old rusted out cars, not the rusted out old-looking futuristic cars from the game, but that's a very small nit to pick. They pretty much nailed everything else, especially the look of the vaults, the settlement (which so perfectly captured the look and feel of Megaton from III), the costumes, and the weapons.

It's like they know exactly who their core audience is and haven't done anything to alienate them. Again, the anti-Witcher. This is the show Henry Cavill deserved.

Sure hope it stays that way. I suspect it will, since they have the blueprint of exactly what NOT to do to make the show successful.

One thing that was driving me nuts was trying to figure out why the guy who played Lucy's brother looked so familiar. He was the guy who played Bonzo in Ender's Game.

Fish 04-11-2024 12:36 PM

Michael Rapaport...

Spoiler!

Even the humor has been well done.

Loneiguana 04-11-2024 03:53 PM

I episode in. I'm enjoying it.

The vault mystery is what will hook the wife.

DanBecky 04-11-2024 07:29 PM

Yeah, this ****s after just finishing the first episode. Also, New Vegas is $2.49 on steam..... It's been YEARS since I've played the games but all of them are so cheap. May need to do another run through on them.

DCTwister 04-11-2024 08:24 PM

First episode, pretty damn good.

Nirvana58 04-11-2024 11:51 PM

1 episode in. I dabbled in the games but never really finished them.

So far so good and the reviews are reaching about it. So will keep watching

Talisman 04-12-2024 12:59 AM

Two episodes in. Really enjoying it so far. Little slow to start, but necessary for the world building. Been a long time since I played through any of the games, but they seemed to have nailed the world. Doing a bit of Leo pointing when I recognize something from the game.

crayzkirk 04-12-2024 07:18 AM

I have a copy of the game somewhere; I remember it coming out and being interested. I never got into the RPG style games... Anyways, old mind wandering as usual...

The series is interesting; it does meander around a bit, however the characters and story are engaging enough.

DJJasonp 04-12-2024 03:45 PM

Finished ep 1 last night. Really enjoyed it.

Some tweaks and it looks like they’re mashing a bit of 3, Vegas, and 4 together.

Is that how you all are seeing it?

Frazod 04-13-2024 04:39 AM

Binged it all the way through.

HOLY ****ING BALLS THAT WAS EPIC!

:wayne:

I'm going to bed. Will discuss later.

Pablo 04-13-2024 05:13 AM

I am trying not to read about this and convince the wife to watch with me. I just can't see how it could be bad.

Fishpicker 04-13-2024 06:48 AM

finished this up.

this show has very good effects and great sound design. I loved the doppler effects on the choppers flying around. same with the scene where the power armor flies around, out of control, in Filly. the sound really added to the sight gag and set it over the top. this show is funnier than I expected too.

Titus cracked me up when he announced that he wanted dropped off in a random spot because he was bored and wanted to shoot something. thats something every Fallout game player does

BigBeauford 04-13-2024 07:43 AM

1.5 episodes in. This is so entertaining; the showrunners clearly love and respect the source material, unlike so many other worthless adaptations. Absolutely 10/10 so far.

Wallcrawler 04-13-2024 08:38 AM

Finished it up.

They absolutely NAILED how sinister Vault Tec was with the vaults, and getting to see how the vaults that were supposed to protect the last remnants of humanity became the horrific controlled experiments was awesome.

Loved the gore in this, some of the kills were just jaw dropping and entirely unexpected to actually get to have in the show.

Only thing that really stands out to me is the "pretty" ghouls. I'm not sure why the decision was made that they essentially made the ghouls a pink "Red Skull" from Marvel with a crystal clear sing-song voice, but it's certainly the most jarring and the biggest miss.

Otherwise, this series is really well done. If only these guys had gotten to do The Witcher.

The final shot in the last episode was epic.

Frazod 04-13-2024 02:41 PM

I've got to say, this is pretty much as good as it's going to get. The last sci-fi show I enjoyed this much was the Battlestar Galactica reboot, and that's 20 years old now.

I've said before that I clearly no longer represent the entertainment industry's target audience. They almost always either don't give a **** about or straight up actively hate things I like or care about. Star Wars and Star Trek have been largely ruined, The Witcher was a botched, woke disaster, and even the up-until-now-great Villeneuve butchered Dune. But this was different. The target audience is people who played and loved these games. That's me. It's like they made this FOR ME, and didn't want to do anything to piss me off in the process. So that I personally would love it. ****, that's refreshing.

Was it perfect? No. But goddamn, it's close enough.

ThaVirus 04-13-2024 05:56 PM

There’s only, like, three things on this planet that Frazod likes so you know this is good lol

Urc Burry 04-13-2024 06:19 PM

I never got into the games, and I absolutely love it. Watched 7 episodes over 2 nights, and just have the finale left

Fishpicker 04-13-2024 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17480685)
I've got to say, this is pretty much as good as it's going to get. The last sci-fi show I enjoyed this much was the Battlestar Galactica reboot, and that's 20 years old now.

I've said before that I clearly no longer represent the entertainment industry's target audience. They almost always either don't give a **** about or straight up actively hate things I like or care about. Star Wars and Star Trek have been largely ruined, The Witcher was a botched, woke disaster, and even the up-until-now-great Villeneuve butchered Dune. But this was different. The target audience is people who played and loved these games. That's me. It's like they made this FOR ME, and didn't want to do anything to piss me off in the process. So that I personally would love it. ****, that's refreshing.

Was it perfect? No. But goddamn, it's close enough.

just think how much better the show would be if your expectations were subverted.

Rausch 04-14-2024 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 17481047)
just think how much better the show would be if your expectations were subverted.

There's nothing I love more than when I pay money for something I wanted and waited for only to get something completely different.

It's not a terrible idea though. I think I'll subvert their expectations by going from a die-hard fan to never giving them money again.

Frazod 04-14-2024 02:31 PM

Thumbs up from Critical Drinker

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DiuuglRCchQ?si=mg8YlrbWCMYIb5q3" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tribal Warfare 04-14-2024 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17480343)

Only thing that really stands out to me is the "pretty" ghouls. I'm not sure why the decision was made that they essentially made the ghouls a pink "Red Skull" from Marvel with a crystal clear sing-song voice, but it's certainly the most jarring and the biggest miss.

It's Walton Goggins that's what he does just like Justified. Goggins IMO, carried the show if it wasn't for him I might've not watched it.

Monticore 04-14-2024 03:40 PM

Show made me want to try the game again but it can’t even talk to cogsworth or Nov to start any quests lol so I’m out again , loved the show though .

Megatron96 04-14-2024 06:54 PM

Never even knew the game existed. But the show is pretty entertaining two episodes in.

BigRichard 04-15-2024 04:46 AM

I tried playing the game once but if I recall correctly I got stuck in some situation where I couldn't seem to advance the game any further. I was stuck and couldn't figure out what it wanted me to do so I just eventually gave up. I might have to go back and give it a chance or maybe they will release a new one since they put out the series.

As far as the series goes it was fantastic. Kept me engaged and I liked all of the characters throughout the show. I like this better than The Last of Us.

notorious 04-15-2024 07:16 AM

Into episode 5 now.

Good shit. This is how you don't **** shit up.

staylor26 04-15-2024 06:06 PM

5 episodes in and I love it. Never played the games before, so went in not knowing what to expect.

stumppy 04-15-2024 09:28 PM

Never played the game. All I can say about this series is OH HELL YES! I want more.

Going to have to rewatch it soon.

Jerm 04-16-2024 09:07 AM

Watched the entire season over the weekend, really enjoyed it.

Walter Goggins rules and was no different in this show.

Can't wait to see what season 2 brings.

Watching the show makes me want to jump back into Fallout, might give 76 another whirl here...

PHOG 04-16-2024 10:38 AM

Didn't play the game, but enjoyed the first season immensely.

Joshuabmayer 04-16-2024 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 17483408)
Watched the entire season over the weekend, really enjoyed it.

Walter Goggins rules and was no different in this show.

Can't wait to see what season 2 brings.

Watching the show makes me want to jump back into Fallout, might give 76 another whirl here...

Fallout76 is better than it was years ago. It's enjoyable and many of the issues have been fixed. Sucked it took so long but Fallout 3 New Vegas is the best and Fallout 4 is really good. There is so much lore with all the different vaults and things to collect its fun to get back in and see how the show stays true to the games.

srvy 04-16-2024 11:27 AM

I know nothing of video games but I am enjoying this. It helps to have Walter Goggins in this as he makes anything better instantly. Much better than that pile of turd The Last of Us. I flipped off the switch on that and never looked back. I will finish tonight with 2 episodes left and look forward to season 2.

BigBeauford 04-17-2024 06:49 AM

For those looking to get in, Fallout New Vegas is one of the best video games ever made, but it's also janky as hell. If you really want to commit, mods are almost certainly a requirement to make the game smooth.

ToxSocks 04-17-2024 11:38 AM

Played one of the games for maybe an hour or two at most. Certainly not enough to "get it". Looking forward to watching the series though.

PHOG 04-17-2024 11:59 AM

Any idea when a 2nd season will be?

notorious 04-17-2024 04:53 PM

I haven’t played the games, what was so bad about the season finale?

I thought it was all good.

BigRichard 04-17-2024 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 17485106)

I haven't seen anyone say anything about the season finale???

staylor26 04-17-2024 06:49 PM

Yea, I thought the finale was great, and it's the highest rated episode on IMDB :shrug:

notorious 04-17-2024 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 17485200)
I haven't seen anyone say anything about the season finale???

Youtube reviews are less than stellar on the finale.

They are super nerds, though. I am just a casual viewer that has about 15 minutes of Fallout play time in my life.

Imon Yourside 04-18-2024 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 17484338)
For those looking to get in, Fallout New Vegas is one of the best video games ever made, but it's also janky as hell. If you really want to commit, mods are almost certainly a requirement to make the game smooth.

Fallout 3 will always be my favorite, it was an amazing game. I still love the bomb worshippers and the Rock It Launcher lolz

Frazod 04-18-2024 06:28 AM

Fallout New Vegas was definitely the best of the newer games. Of all the Bethesda games I've played, it has the best, and certainly least annoying, main quest line.

Wallcrawler 04-18-2024 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 17485106)

Nothing.

The finale has a great hook for season 2 while still providing adequate resolution to the current season's main story beat of Lucy looking for her father. That last shot with New Vegas on the horizon has anyone who played that game excited.

Megatron96 04-18-2024 02:02 PM

Just finished E5 last night. Still enjoying the series. For a series based on a game this one feels like the best so far that I've seen.

BigBeauford 04-18-2024 03:59 PM

I thought the finale was okay, but the main thrust of what this show purports as the most evil ideology is kind of shit. Otherwise it's probably my favorite new show I've seen in a minute.

Fish 04-18-2024 08:07 PM

‘Fallout’ Officially Renewed for Season 2 by Amazon

notorious 04-20-2024 08:22 AM

My God, I will have completely forgotten about this by the time it comes out again.