ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs More Branden Albert talk: Why we should give him a fat contract if he plays guard (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272624)

RealSNR 04-29-2013 11:49 AM

More Branden Albert talk: Why we should give him a fat contract if he plays guard

I think at this point the Chiefs need to go this direction with him rather than working to trade him. He's a valuable offensive linemen whether you think he's top 5, top 15, or even just meh. The Chiefs as of late haven't exactly been very lucky with drafting guards and finding replacements via free agency. The interior line needs to either do some gelling or we need to seek out replacements. Albert at LG (or RT) would help out tremendously.

I think we can afford to pay Albert what he wanted to play LT in Miami, and just make him one of the highest paid guards or RTs in the game. From the sportrac link that patteeu posted, here are the average salaries of the top 5 guards:

Carl Nicks (Bucs) $9,500,000
Logan Mankins (Pats) $8,500,000
Jahri Evans (Saints) $8,100,000
Andy Levitre (Titans) $7,800,000
Davin Joseph (Bucs) $7,500,000

I can't remember the exact figures Albert was supposedly seeking from Miami, but I believe it was around 5 years 50 million? 50-55 million?

Andy Levitre signed a 5 year 60 million with 27.5 million guaranteed. Depending on the guaranteed money, Albert would still receive less than that.

We also need to pay other players. However, perhaps not quite so immediately. We're in fairly good shape for the next two years. 2016 is a cluster****ing mess, but we're doing okay in the meantime:

Quote:

Players and when their contracts will expire

Red = Player we might need to worry about extending or replacing

Tyson Jackson
Branden Albert
Dexter McCluster
Javier Arenas
Jon Asamoah
Tony Moeaki
Kendrick Lewis
Terrance Copper
Geoff Schwartz
Husain Abdullah
Thomas Gafford

Alex Smith
Johnathan Baldwin
Rodney Hudson
Justin Houston
Allen Bailey
Jalil Brown
Ricky Stanzi
Jerrell Powe
Tysyn Hartman

Eric Berry
Tamba Hali
Derrick Johnson
Jamaal Charles
Sean Smith
Dunta Robinson
Mike Devito
Dontari Poe
Chase Daniel
Donnie Avery
Jeff Allen
Cory Greenwood
Donald Stephenson
Devon Wylie
Dequan Menzie
Cyrus Gray
Without any knowledge of how the cap will lay out in the coming seasons and what player contracts will do, it's impossible to know what kind of position we'll be in. A lot of the players on these lists are pretty interchangeable with rookies/free agents we bring in and out. Many of them could be cut immediately in Reid's first training camp.

However, given the expected ages of some of these players in 2016, I still think we're in okay shape. An extension wouldn't be as big of a deal if we still wanted to keep them around at a lower veteran salary. Or, we could just let them walk, which may need to happen especially with Hali, Johnson, or even Charles (no telling what wear and tear a RB will sustain in the coming years)

Essentially, I think it boils down to two MUST re-sign players: Eric Berry and Justin Houston. It's possible to keep guys we (may) like such as Asamoah, Hudson, Schwartz, and Poe. But for only two players that will demand some sizeable contracts, that's not bad.

It's why I think especially after some rich deals like Hali's and Alex Smith's are either re-structured or taken off, we can afford to keep Albert on a fat deal. And given the headache of trying to trade his ass, we could also just let him walk after this year, but I think he can still be pretty damn valuable to this team.

The key is of course if Albert is content with hush money. Time will tell if he backs down from his stance of "I'm a LT, damn it!"

The Bad Guy 04-29-2013 11:50 AM

Lots more money will come on the cap in 14 due to the TV deals.

The Franchise 04-29-2013 11:51 AM

Joseph got a 7 year, $52 million dollar contract. I'd give Albert a 5 year, $40 million dollar contract to play LG or RT.

keg in kc 04-29-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9643764)
Lots more money will come on the cap in 14 due to the TV deals.

That's a point that isn't being made nearly enough.

Mr. Laz 04-29-2013 11:56 AM

Will he do it though?

there is money and there is ego

If Albert would be ok at competing with Fisher for LT/RT as long as he gets his 9 million per then i'm ok with it.

but if he is going to reluctantly take the deal and then pout about it ... **** it.

If Albert goes to LG then what happens to Schwartz/Asomoah?

WV 04-29-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9643779)
Will he do it though?

If Albert would be ok at competing with Fisher for LT/RT as long as he gets his 9 million per then i'm ok with it.

but if he is going to reluctantly take the deal and then pout about it ... **** it.

I think what needs to happen is Dorsey and Reid need to actually negotiate with BA in good faith. Can't help feeling they have a part in the negative tone of all of this as well. Of course maybe they did, but we'll probably never know what has actually taken place between the two sides.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-29-2013 12:02 PM

Pay the man !

I don't care what it costs, it's not my money !

We need the best line we can get and keeping Albert makes our line better.

the Talking Can 04-29-2013 12:06 PM

unrelated, but i look at those 2014-15 lists and see 2 maybe 3 people that i give a shit at all about keeping...thanks, scott

Mr. Laz 04-29-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9643788)
I think what needs to happen is Dorsey and Reid need to actually negotiate with BA in good faith. Can't help feeling they have a part in the negative tone of all of this as well. Of course maybe they did, but we'll probably never know what has actually taken place between the two sides.

so you think the past GM/Coach and the current GM/Coach have all screwed over Albert?

why would they?

RealSNR 04-29-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9643779)
Will he do it though?

If Albert goes to LG then what happens to Schwartz/Asomoah?

Schwartz DOES play tackle. He prefers guard, but I doubt he's going to pass up a starter's job.

What the (potential) Albert contract does is fills that hole at LG once and for all. No more old man Liljas, and no more worrying about rookies who can't hack it.

We could also play him at RT if it's that big of a deal.

Or, the other option is to simply play the best linemen we have. Asamoah has been good, but if Schwartz is an improvement over him and Albert is an improvement over Schwartz, we may have to just let Asamoah go to another team.

In any case, both Schwartz and Asamoah are done with their contracts in 2014. They have one year left. If we can save some money in not having to give people new contracts, that might be where we concentrate our effort.

WV 04-29-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9643821)
so you think the past GM/Coach and the current GM/Coach have all screwed over Albert?

why would they?

We have no clue. Just thinking about the current regime though, you have to think at least part of this is on Dorsey and Reid. Did they even try to negotiate with BA or did they just simply tag him and focus on moving him? I don't think it's all BA being a whiner or baby. I believe he wants too much money based off of the talks with MIA, but did we even offer a long term deal in all of this? BA is trying to do what every NFL player does, he's trying to maximize his $$. Hard to fault him for that. Without knowing details it's also hard to only hold BA's feet to the fire. We have no clue what they told him in all of this. I almost always side with ownership in these situations, but BA signed his tag and has basically gone silent...isn't that what he's supposed to do? If he were truly being a total ass he would not have signed his tag. He called their bluff, now it's on them to me.

It could come out that BA is totally at fault in all of this, but we hardly have all the facts.

Mr. Laz 04-29-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9643851)
We have no clue. Just thinking about the current regime though, you have to think at least part of this is on Dorsey and Reid. Did they even try to negotiate with BA or did they just simply tag him and focus on moving him? I don't think it's all BA being a whiner or baby. I believe he wants too much money based off of the talks with MIA, but did we even offer a long term deal in all of this? BA is trying to do what every NFL player does, he's trying to maximize his $$. Hard to fault him for that. Without knowing details it's also hard to only hold BA's feet to the fire. We have no clue what they told him in all of this. I almost always side with ownership in these situations, but BA signed his tag and has basically gone silent...isn't that what he's supposed to do? If he were truly being a total ass he would not have signed his tag. He called their bluff, now it's on them to me.

It could come out that BA is totally at fault in all of this, but we hardly have all the facts.

but negotiations didn't work out with either regime so i don't see how you can just focus on one. It's a trend.

WV 04-29-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9643904)
but negotiations didn't work out with either regime so i don't see how you can just focus on one. It's a trend.

Was there even any negotiations with this one? I know he was offered a deal from Peeholy, but turned it down taking his agents advice. I wasn't aware that there were any real negotiations with the current regime.

a pp roach 04-29-2013 12:42 PM

worry about replacing terrance copper?

more like "bye"

Mr. Laz 04-29-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9643912)
Was there even any negotiations with this one? I know he was offered a deal from Peeholy, but turned it down taking his agents advice. I wasn't aware that there were any real negotiations with the current regime.

why would they not negotiate?

Maybe the initial offers were so far apart they didn't negotiate for very long, but i don't see why they wouldn't negotiate at all.

DJ's left nut 04-29-2013 12:46 PM

http://i.qkme.me/35y2iu.jpg

Dorsey to SNR.

WV 04-29-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9643917)
why would they not negotiate?

Maybe the initial offers were so far apart they didn't negotiate for very long, but i don't see why they wouldn't negotiate at all.

I don't see why they wouldn't either, but we aren't reading a lot about that and that is my point. Perhaps they didn't really negotiate in good faith because they wanted to move on or were set on moving him positions and when he balked they abandoned everything.

We don't really know and that is my point with BA being painted as the bad guy in all of this.

Frosty 04-29-2013 12:59 PM

My only gut ache with this is we have no idea if Albert can play guard at a high level in the NFL. He was good in college but has played the last 5 years at LT and adjusted his weight accordingly. He might prove to just be adequate, not great, which wouldn't justify the huge contract.

Also, it's hilarious (or sad, not sure which) that after five years of hearing "move Albert to guard and draft a LT" it looks like it may happen.

RealSNR 04-29-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by a pp roach (Post 9643915)
worry about replacing terrance copper?

more like "bye"

Terrance Copper will leave a huge hole in this roster (and my heart) when he departs from the league. We need to take advantage of every single year he's able to play at a high level.

Hammock Parties 04-29-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9643920)

Saved for use on mindless homers. ROFL

Mr. Laz 04-29-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9643932)
I don't see why they wouldn't either, but we aren't reading a lot about that and that is my point. Perhaps they didn't really negotiate in good faith because they wanted to move on or were set on moving him positions and when he balked they abandoned everything.

We don't really know and that is my point with BA being painted as the bad guy in all of this.

you still haven't given any real reason why they wouldn't negotiate

'we didn't hear about it' isn't a reason

only reasons i can think of are:

1. back is really a problem
2. high money demands
3. money demands don't match Albert's skill in their opinion

either way they had to talk to Albert ... at least some

Hoover 04-29-2013 02:14 PM

Why Branden Albert should negotiate with the Chiefs.

1. He is currently employed by the Chiefs.
2. The Chiefs have committed to paying him $9MM next year.
3. His value may never be higher. It's in his best interest to get a long-term deal now, not a year from know. His value nose dives if he has more back problems or gets hurt.

Why the Chiefs need to deal openly with Albert.

1. Albert is a current employee.
2. They have a lot of money ($9MM) invested in him.
3. With Fisher now a Chief, Albert's leverage is minimal.
4. Offer him a long-term deal as a LG or RT.
5. If he balks ask him what he finds more offensive. The fact that the Dolphins would only offer the 54th pick in the draft for him, or that his current team is willing to invest $45 million over a number of years but asks that he plays a new position, which could actually prolong his career.

The Chiefs actually present Albert's best deal as far as his career in the NFL goes.

Marcellus 04-29-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9644101)
Why Branden Albert should negotiate with the Chiefs.

1. He is currently employed by the Chiefs.
2. The Chiefs have committed to paying him $9MM next year.
3. His value may never be higher. It's in his best interest to get a long-term deal now, not a year from know. His value nose dives if he has more back problems or gets hurt.

Why the Chiefs need to deal openly with Albert.

1. Albert is a current employee.
2. They have a lot of money ($9MM) invested in him.
3. With Fisher now a Chief, Albert's leverage is minimal.
4. Offer him a long-term deal as a LG or RT.
5. If he balks ask him what he finds more offensive. The fact that the Dolphins would only offer the 54th pick in the draft for him, or that his current team is willing to invest $45 million over a number of years but asks that he plays a new position, which could actually prolong his career.

The Chiefs actually present Albert's best deal as far as his career in the NFL goes.

KC is not paying Albert $45MM to play RT or G. Not going to happen. Period.

Nor should it.

WV 04-29-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9644017)
you still haven't given any real reason why they wouldn't negotiate

'we didn't hear about it' isn't a reason

only reasons i can think of are:

1. back is really a problem
2. high money demands
3. money demands don't match Albert's skill in their opinion

either way they had to talk to Albert ... at least some

From going back and looking for articles or stories about it, they seem to have pretty much given up after he told them he wasn't willing to switch positions. Which is a perfectly fine stance for him to take, no one willingly takes a demotion when it effects their wallets.

Hoover 04-29-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9644117)
KC is not paying Albert $45MM to play RT or G. Not going to happen. Period.

Nor should it.

Why not. We have Fisher for peanuts for the next five years. So if you are dead set against giving Albert real money for playing the G or RT are you ready to shell it out to Asamoah?

AdumbGuy 04-29-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9643793)
Pay the man !

I don't care what it costs, it's not my money !

We need the best line we can get and keeping Albert makes our line better.

This times a million.

BlackHelicopters 04-29-2013 02:44 PM

Albert is a whiny bitch, but he is using the Only leverage he can in the NFL. I would send him to KCI sooner rather than later.

Marcellus 04-29-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9644131)
Why not. We have Fisher for peanuts for the next five years. So if you are dead set against giving Albert real money for playing the G or RT are you ready to shell it out to Asamoah?

Asamoah isn't asking for $45MM.

What will you do at the end of the Albert contract when Fisher is due to get paid and you just paid your RT $45MM?

I am not saying you can't pay your 2 tackles $12-15MM a year combined but that $ could be spent in other places.

Direckshun 04-29-2013 02:49 PM

If you're going to move him, move him to guard.

LT: Fisher
LG: Albert
C: Hudson
RG: Asamoah
RT: open competition between Allen, Schwartz, and Stephenson

RealSNR 04-29-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9644163)
Asamoah isn't asking for $45MM.

What will you do at the end of the Albert contract when Fisher is due to get paid and you just paid your RT $45MM?

I am not saying you can't pay your 2 tackles $12-15MM a year combined but that $ could be spent in other places.

So then cap Albert's extension at ending one year before the end of Fisher's. That gives the Chiefs some evaluation time of both players, and if they still want to keep Albert, they can sign him to another less expensive veteran contract. Or let him walk. Or keep him and let Fisher go. At least is keeps your options open.

And the best part is all that is getting done while Fisher plays at a much smaller price.

Marcellus 04-29-2013 02:51 PM

Keep in mind Hali has a huge cap # next year as well.

RealSNR 04-29-2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9644184)
Keep in mind Hali has a huge cap # next year as well.

I think it's a given that Hali will be re-structured.

O.city 04-29-2013 02:54 PM

Why do we think he will succeed at G?

Marcellus 04-29-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9644185)
I think it's a given that Hali will be re-structured.

He was asked to restructure this year and said no. (according to Athan this morning).

The Franchise 04-29-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9644188)
He was asked to restructure this year and said no. (according to Athan this morning).

You actually listen to Athan? What the **** is wrong with you?

O.city 04-29-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9644188)

Sir, I think I've diagnosed your first problem.

RealSNR 04-29-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9644187)
Why do we think he will succeed at G?

How many tackles that switch to guard do you know who have a tough time playing the position?

O.city 04-29-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9644197)
How many tackles that switch to guard do you know who have a tough time playing the position?

I don't have any idea.

I'm just not understanding why his current skillset would translate to guard very well.

Direckshun 04-29-2013 03:03 PM

Because he was an outstanding guard at Virginia.

Mav 04-29-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9644197)

None?

Gallery was a much better guard, Chris Williams, was a much better guard.

O.city 04-29-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9644204)
Because he was an outstanding guard at Virginia.

Sure, but that was a ways back. He's never played G in the NFL.

Mav 04-29-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9644211)
Sure, but that was a ways back. He's never played G in the NFL.

I think his transition to guard, would be much much much easier, than to right tackle......

O.city 04-29-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9644213)
I think his transition to guard, would be much much much easier, than to right tackle......

I really don't want him at RT, at all.

Mav 04-29-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9644218)
I really don't want him at RT, at all.

Nor do i. it seems like the damage is done, perhaps they should just move him for whatever they can get, and call it a day. Dont need guys who value themselves more than the team.

RealSNR 04-29-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9644224)
Nor do i. it seems like the damage is done, perhaps they should just move him for whatever they can get, and call it a day. Dont need guys who value themselves more than the team.

And I'm sure he doesn't need pieces of shit franchises who ask him to protect the worst assortment of QBs the NFL has seen in a long time, go through drastic weight gains and losses, and then when a new regime comes in, they ask him to switch positions and after loading up on another shitty QB and drafting his replacement at #1 overall even though he's done nothing but improve and do a pretty good job.

Oh, and to top it off the fans call him not a team player.

Albert has been treated like ****ing shit by this team, and if I were him I'd be the same way. All he's doing is trying to retain some semblance of dignity and status by staying at LT, and the team by tagging him and then failing to send him to somebody else is preventing him from doing so.

If Albert quits on them, the Chiefs are the only ones to blame.

Hoover 04-29-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9644183)
So then cap Albert's extension at ending one year before the end of Fisher's. That gives the Chiefs some evaluation time of both players, and if they still want to keep Albert, they can sign him to another less expensive veteran contract. Or let him walk. Or keep him and let Fisher go. At least is keeps your options open.

And the best part is all that is getting done while Fisher plays at a much smaller price.

Yep.

You sign Albert to a deal that mirrors Fishers. By the time that happens Albert will have been in the league for 10 years and you move on and sign Fisher to a long term deal so long as he panned out how people expect.

Hammock Parties 04-29-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9644176)

When I spend a 1.1 on an OT, I really look forward to lesser players blocking Von Miller!

raypec85 04-29-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

I'd rather they go:

RG: competition b/w Schwartz & Asamoah
RT: open competition between Allen and Stephenson

saphojunkie 04-29-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9644400)
When I spend a 1.1 on an OT, I really look forward to lesser players blocking Von Miller!

Dumervil isn't there anymore, so miller should be on the right side.

Hammock Parties 04-29-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9644612)
Dumervil isn't there anymore, so miller should be on the right side.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/custo...tar17818_4.gif

ILChief 04-29-2013 06:35 PM

FWIW, Schwartz said he was more comfortable at and preferred to play guard. He wasnt a butthurt baby about it like Albert though

Hammock Parties 04-29-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9644636)
FWIW, Schwartz said he was more comfortable at and preferred to play guard. He wasnt a butthurt baby about it like Albert though

That may have something to do with the fact that he's not comparable to the league's top OTS.

ILChief 04-29-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9644643)
That may have something to do with the fact that he's not comparable to the league's top OTS.

Then he and Albert have something in common

ILChief 04-29-2013 06:41 PM

At this point I would have rather them kept Winston and let Albert walk

Deberg_1990 04-29-2013 06:45 PM

Fisher at LT and Albert at LG would be sick.

Hammock Parties 04-29-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9644649)
Then he and Albert have something in common

Did you know that Albert has allowed less pressure than Duane Brown the last two seasons?

No, you didn't.

You mindless sack of homer shit.

SAUTO 04-29-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9644660)

I can't see anyone taking anything you say seriously ever again on this site. Not after this post.

You should probably make a new account and hope the mods are lenient
Posted via Mobile Device

Ming the Merciless 04-29-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9644681)
Fisher at LT and Albert at LG would be sick.

run left

run left

screen dump left, motion te left

punt left

Rausch 04-29-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9644660)

:facepalm:

ILChief 04-29-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9644691)
Did you know that Albert has allowed less pressure than Duane Brown the last two seasons?

No, you didn't.

You mindless sack of homer shit.

According to PFF which you treat like the holy grail when it reflects poorly on players you don't like (Sean smith), Albert is a big pile of fail

ILChief 04-29-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9644696)
I can't see anyone taking anything you say seriously ever again on this site. Not after this post.

You should probably make a new account and hope the mods are lenient
Posted via Mobile Device

I know Albert is better than Winston, but Albert is going to be more drama/cancer than he's worth

Hammock Parties 04-29-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9645041)
According to PFF which you treat like the holy grail when it reflects poorly on players you don't like (Sean smith), Albert is a big pile of fail

Well, no.

Not at all.

According to PFF, he's allowed less pressure than Duane Brown the last two years.

Pretty ****ing awesome!

ILChief 04-29-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9645056)
Well, no.

Not at all.

According to PFF, he's allowed less pressure than Duane Brown the last two years.

Pretty ****ing awesome!

Alex smith has thrown fewer interceptions than almost any QB over the last two years too. I guess he's awesome too

Hammock Parties 04-29-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9645061)
Alex smith has thrown fewer interceptions than almost any QB over the last two years too. I guess he's awesome too

I know I judge QBs based on the amount of INTs they throw independent of every other statistic.

ILChief 04-29-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9645063)
I know I judge QBs based on the amount of INTs they throw independent of every other statistic.

Well you ignore everything about Albert except the number of pressures when all his QBs did was check down

Hammock Parties 04-29-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9645079)
Well you ignore everything about Albert except the number of pressures when all his QBs did was check down

If you had a brain in your head, you'd realize pressures allowed is a pretty important statistic for an OT, and can't be compared to your cherry picked INTs statistic.

O.city 04-29-2013 07:59 PM

INTs aren't an important stat for a QB?

KChiefs1 04-29-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

:thumb:

ILChief 04-29-2013 08:01 PM

So then why is Albert rated overall so low on PFF? Either you or they are full of it

Hammock Parties 04-29-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9645084)
INTs aren't an important stat for a QB?

They don't define a QB.

Total pressure allowed defines a LT.

Hammock Parties 04-29-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9645090)
So then why is Albert rated overall so low on PFF? Either you or they are full of it

Run blocking, you obtuse piece of flotsam.

mlyonsd 04-29-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9645091)
They don't define a QB.

Total pressure allowed defines a LT.

Makes you wonder why someone didn't jump up and grab him from our stupid dumb selves.

ILChief 04-29-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9645093)
Run blocking, you obtuse piece of flotsam.

So if he is so awesome at pass blocking he must be ungodly awful at run blocking to pull his ranking that low

Hammock Parties 04-29-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9645102)
So if he is so awesome at pass blocking he must be ungodly awful at run blocking to pull his ranking that low

I don't really give a shit.

We need to pay him so people can give 0 ****s about it in six months.

Because that's literally what would happen.

ILChief 04-29-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9645106)

I'm fine with paying him top 15 tackle money and playing him at Rt or guard

Hammock Parties 04-29-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9645119)
I'm fine with paying him top 15 tackle money and playing him at Rt or guard

We know, you are full of stupid things.

ILChief 04-29-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9645124)
We know, you are full of stupid things.

How is that stupid?

Hammock Parties 04-29-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9645126)
How is that stupid?

The best pass protector on your team plays LT.

ILChief 04-29-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9645131)
The best pass protector on your team plays LT.

Exactly. Which is why Albert shouldn't be there

Rausch 04-29-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9645106)

We're arguing about overpaying a guy who CP has argued would be good at 4 of the 5 line positions.

What a piece of $3it...