ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher: Dorsey says Chiefs could draft Joeckel and re-sign Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270326)

Tribal Warfare 02-23-2013 03:32 PM

Teicher: Dorsey says Chiefs could draft Joeckel and re-sign Albert

Dorsey says Chiefs could draft Joeckel and re-sign Albert
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star
General manager John Dorsey said Saturday the Chiefs might select Texas A&M’s Luke Joeckel with the first pick in the draft even if they re-sign Branden Albert, their incumbent left tackle. Dorsey said the Chiefs would draft the highest-rated player they have on their board regardless of his position.

“Then you have great competition at left tackle,’’ said Dorsey, speaking at the NFL Scouting Combine, of the combination of re-signing Albert and drafting Joeckel . “Who’s to say both of those guys are locked in to playing left tackle? Maybe one plays left guard, center, right guard, right tackle. You put your best five offensive linemen out there.

“There are so many options out there right now. Anything is possible.’’

Another interesting option for the Chiefs is Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones, who had 28 sacks over the past two seasons. The Chiefs already have Pro Bowlers at outside linebacker in Tamba Hali and Justin Houston.

“They’re both pretty good players,’’ Dorsey said of the incumbents. “But who’s to say you couldn’t acquire another outside linebacker and what you could do is begin to rotate them. What you do is you make that unit better because they’re all fresher. They’re not on the field pounding all the time. That’s the thing about building quality depth. You can make your guys fresher in the fourth quarter.’’

SAUTO 02-23-2013 03:34 PM

Well of course we COULD
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise 02-23-2013 03:35 PM

Lol Albert at LT......Joeckel to LG.

CaliforniaChief 02-23-2013 03:35 PM

:facepalm:

Just beam me up to April 25th. I'm going crazy.

The Franchise 02-23-2013 03:35 PM

Drafting "quality depth" with the first overall pick.

It's the Chiefs way.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9428811)
Lol Albert at LT......Joeckel to LG.

That would be a disaster of epic proportions.

I'd have to watch...just so I could laugh.

HoneyBadger 02-23-2013 03:36 PM

Yes, let's do exactly what pioli would have done. The fans will love that.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 9428821)
Yes, let's do exactly what ***** would have done. The fans will love that.

Most of them will eat it up. Dorsey and Reid are professionals, they know what they're doing. Trust them.

CaliforniaChief 02-23-2013 03:38 PM

Yeah, let's take someone with a chronic spinal condition just because we can.

And let's spend the pick of a generation so we can create some camp competition on the offensive line.

Let's chip in and send some Neosporin same-day air to Teicher...voice of the true fans. They truly are rejoicing.

O.city 02-23-2013 03:41 PM

Pretty sure this just shows everything they're saying right now, basically has little meaning.

HolyHat 02-23-2013 03:41 PM

This is ****ing insane...I certainly hope this isn't the kind of thought process Dorsey really has.

silver5liter 02-23-2013 03:41 PM

yeah ok

HolyHat 02-23-2013 03:45 PM

I'll punch baby Jack, right in his baby Johnson, if this happens.

Tribal Warfare 02-23-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9428841)
Pretty sure this just shows everything they're saying right now, basically has little meaning.

Like I said it's just media hype

Reaper16 02-23-2013 03:47 PM

Dorsey is never going to say a single sentence that reveals his thought process. Ever. There's literally no reason to interview him ever again.

Coogs 02-23-2013 03:47 PM

Joeckel did not shine today... and Mayock said on tape he gets beaten to the inside way too easily, but saved by Johnny Football.

Hopefully this interview was done prior to the workouts today, and not after.

DeezNutz 02-23-2013 03:48 PM

It's absolutely asinine that Teicher writes this shit instead of asking appropriate follow-up questions to mock this charade. What team uses a top-five pick, let alone 1/1, to acquire OL depth. Depth. Not a ****ing starter.

Cite several examples of this precedent please, John.

Frankie 02-23-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9428802)
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star
General manager John Dorsey said Saturday the Chiefs might select Texas A&M’s Luke Joeckel with the first pick in the draft even if they re-sign Branden Albert, their incumbent left tackle. Dorsey said the Chiefs would draft the highest-rated player they have on their board regardless of his position.

“Then you have great competition at left tackle,’’ said Dorsey, speaking at the NFL Scouting Combine, of the combination of re-signing Albert and drafting Joeckel . “Who’s to say both of those guys are locked in to playing left tackle? Maybe one plays left guard, center, right guard, right tackle. You put your best five offensive linemen out there.

Another interesting option for the Chiefs is Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones, who had 28 sacks over the past two seasons. The Chiefs already have Pro Bowlers at outside linebacker in Tamba Hali and Justin Houston.

“They’re both pretty good players,’’ Dorsey said of the incumbents. “But who’s to say you couldn’t acquire another outside linebacker and what you could do is begin to rotate them. What you do is you make that unit better because they’re all fresher. They’re not on the field pounding all the time. That’s the thing about building quality depth. You can make your guys fresher in the fourth quarter.’’

Methinks Dorsey is trying to raise the value of Joekel. An attempt to draw in a trade partner.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9428882)
It's absolutely asinine that Teicher writes this shit instead of asking appropriate follow-up questions to mock this charade. What team uses a top-five pick, let alone 1/1, to acquire OL depth. Depth. Not a ****ing starter.

Even Tyson Jackson was a STARTER.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9428874)
Dorsey is never going to say a single sentence that reveals his thought process. Ever. There's literally no reason to interview him ever again.

Pretty much.

siberian khatru 02-23-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9428817)
Drafting "quality depth" with the first overall pick.

It's the Chiefs way.

FML

Chief Roundup 02-23-2013 03:51 PM

First impression....Well Joeckel and Jones are out of the running for the 1st overall.
These guys have to same something to the media. It has to be a possibility, positive and politically correct all the way. They are not going to tell anyone what they are going to do with the 1st overall until it is time to submit the card. I doubt they know who they are going to pick. I am sure there is a "short" list though.

DeezNutz 02-23-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9428889)
Even Tyson Jackson was a STARTER.

Of course. BPA is a bullshit farce, and I'm tired of hearing about it.

Shitty teams, who are building something legitimate, don't really follow this philosophy, nor should they. It has to be a balance between need and talent.

the Talking Can 02-23-2013 03:54 PM

that one move would make Dorsey the worst GM in the history of life

htismaqe 02-23-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9428905)
Of course. BPA is a bullshit farce, and I'm tired of hearing about it.

Shitty teams don't really follow this philosophy, nor should they. It has to be a balance between need and talent.

Good teams don't follow this philosophy.

Every team is filling holes, always.

Sure, you have a board and you don't draft slapdicks just to fill a need.

But to say you take BPA, need be damned, is silly and quite frankly, insulting.

the Talking Can 02-23-2013 03:56 PM

who needs a QB when you can have the much more important "great competition at LT"....(yes, i know it's just blah blah blah right now)

Rexx 02-23-2013 03:57 PM

I know I shouldn't do this....but I keep thinking, why didn't we suck for Luck? It's crazy to think that the one year they get #1, there is no one to take. Unreal!

htismaqe 02-23-2013 03:57 PM

Quite frankly, I think it's time for Andy Reid to be the face of this franchise. Dorsey needs to be focused on getting players, not talking about them.

It's not endearing him to anybody really.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rexx (Post 9428921)
I know I shouldn't do this....but I keep thinking, why didn't we suck for Luck? It's crazy to think that the one year they get #1, there is no one to take. Unreal!

Oh, there's someone to take. People are just too chickenshit.

BlackHelicopters 02-23-2013 03:58 PM

I could win the powerball tonight. Who knows?

patteeu 02-23-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9428882)

There's nothing in that article about drafting OL depth.

crossbow 02-23-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9428887)
Methinks Dorsey is trying to raise the value of Joekel. An attempt to draw in a trade partner.

Yep. See which fish are biting if any. I realy doubt they do something that stupid with the 1st overall pick.

DeezNutz 02-23-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9428914)
Good teams don't follow this philosophy.

Every team is filling holes, always.

Sure, you have a board and you don't draft slapdicks just to fill a need.

But to say you take BPA, need be damned, is silly and quite frankly, insulting.

Occasionally, there are true BPA selections. I'm thinking about the Rodgers pick, most notably.

But, as a general rule, I agree that BPA is almost always empty rhetoric. And you're right that Dorsey needs to shut the **** up now.

Or there might be a banner over Arrowhead before the draft. Which, ironically, might not be a terrible idea.

"We need a franchise QB--SaveOurChiefs.com"

RealSNR 02-23-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9428910)
that one move would make Dorsey the worst GM in the history of life

I would agree. Tyson Jackson was a ****ing abortion of a pick, but it was at a position of need. That particular position should NEVER be drafted with the 3rd overall pick, there was a legit NT sitting right ****ing there, Cassel was a ****ing idiot trade, yadda yadda yadda. But he at least picked a guy who started and "led a defensive transition" to a new scheme.

Joeckel, in addition to being a ****ing abortion of a pick, plays in a position of ZERO need, even if Albert weren't re-signed.

We would have saved our Chiefs from the rapist only to trip head first into a pool of hungry piranhas.

DTLB58 02-23-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

Dorsey is just F***ing with everybody.

But, beyond them not knowing who they will take with the first pick I don't see what the big deal is. It's not like somebody can leap frog them and steal their guy from them. They are being as secret about this as the former regime and really its not necessary.

BossChief 02-23-2013 04:03 PM

Two fairly obvious points hrere...

1) They really are interested in trading down and want teams to believe that.
2) They are making progress in negotiations with Albert and think its a foregone conclusion that he will re-sign long term.

DeezNutz 02-23-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9428929)
There's nothing in that article about drafting OL depth.

Nothing?

"Then you have great competition at LT"

This bullshit line, which precedes Dorsey's suggestion that a player taken at 1/1 might be a guard or center, is about depth.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 9428930)
Yep. See which fish are biting if any. I realy doubt they do something that stupid with the 1st overall pick.

If that's the case then they are dumb.

Nobody wants our pick, especially not for a tackle.

Messier 02-23-2013 04:05 PM

Doesey seems to be putting everything out there. It tells me to believe nothing.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9428936)
Occasionally, there are true BPA selections. I'm thinking about the Rodgers pick, most notably.

But, as a general rule, I agree that BPA is almost always empty rhetoric. And you're right that Dorsey needs to shut the **** up now.

Or there might be a banner over Arrowhead before the draft. Which, ironically, might not be a terrible idea.

"We need a franchise QB--SaveOurChiefs.com"

Aaron Rodgers was somewhat of a need pick in that Brett Favre wasn't getting any younger.

Tribal Warfare 02-23-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9428939)
Dorsey is just F***ing with everybody.

But, beyond them not knowing who they will take with the first pick I don't see what the big deal is. It's not like somebody can leap frog them and steal their guy from them. They are being as secret about this as the former regime and really its not necessary.

I do believe that they are probably attempting trade out and try to get a 1st from another team for next year .

Ace Gunner 02-23-2013 04:08 PM

Now that's entertainment.

CaliforniaChief 02-23-2013 04:08 PM

The only way I see anyone willing to move up to #1 is if a QB blows up the combine/pro-day (in which case we should take him.)

Unless we trade for Foles (puke) and trade spots in the first and give up a mid rounder in exchange. Otherwise, I think we're picking first.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9428958)
I do believe that they are probably attempting trade out and try to get a 1st from another team for next year .

Which is just silly.

If they REALLY wanted to trade that pick, they'd start spreading rumors that their interviews with Smith and/or Barkley were off the charts.

Using Luke Joeckel as trade bait is ****ing hilarious, if that's what they're doing.

And by hilarious, I mean pathetic.

Tribal Warfare 02-23-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9428964)
Which is just silly.

If they REALLY wanted to trade that pick, they'd start spreading rumors that their interviews with Smith and/or Barkley were off the charts.

Using Luke Joeckel as trade bait is ****ing hilarious, if that's what they're doing.

It is, what it is.

Though, I believe they'll stay put and the Chiefs will draft a QB.

DTLB58 02-23-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

He would probably enjoy that just as much as we would enjoy never listening to his zero information Q & A sessions again.

There have been few (Maybe Carl was one one of the few exceptions, oh and JJ.) GM's in this league that really like standing up in front of the media and trying to not give out info that they know everyone really wants them to.

Icon 02-23-2013 04:11 PM

Hopefully his comments were made in an effort to get a team to trade up for Joekel. Problem is there's not much difference between Joekel, Eric Fisher or Lane Johnson. Fisher and Johnson may end up better NFL tackles.

Worst year in a long time to have the overall #1 pick if your hoping to trade down.

Just take a QB 1-1. This draft is deep. We should be able to get good players in rounds 2 -5 too.

Ace Gunner 02-23-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9428964)
Which is just silly.

he could be using this to get Albert back to the table. not sure if that'd be hilarious or not.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-23-2013 04:15 PM

If they come away with Geno, Wilson or Barkley in the end. I don't give a shit what they do.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9428972)
he could be using this to get Albert back to the table. not sure if that'd be hilarious or not.

No, that would actually be kind of reasonable. Although I'd think there would be better ways to get him to negotiate other than threatening to replace him with a rookie. That sounds like something Carl would do.

BossChief 02-23-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9428950)
If that's the case then they are dumb.

Nobody wants our pick, especially not for a tackle.

I could see the Lions moving up for Joeckel if they dont like Eric Fisher...or vice versa.

That would cost them this years first and second...as well as next years first.

That would mean that Geno would need to be passed on by the Jags, Raiders and Philly...or that another team wouldn't move up to take him in front of one of those teams...if he does get picked, we would be in the Barkley or Wilson area still.

If Joeckel is as good as they say he could be, he is worth that much of an investment to a team built like Detroit.

Lets cut to the chase though, there is no way they are gonna do that...we are taking Geno Smith with the first overall pick and thats that.

Lets not forget a CRUCIAL thing that Andy Reid said about the 1999 draft...

They were offered EVERY PICK (and then some, the Saints traded up to 5 for every pick in their draft and the Eagles picked 2nd) of the Saints to move up and turned the offer down to select Donovan McNabbb...who compares favorably to Geno Smith.

RunKC 02-23-2013 04:33 PM

1. Luke Joeckel
2. Tyler Wilson

I'm down for that.

RealSNR 02-23-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9429013)
1. Luke Joeckel
2. Tyler Wilson

I'm down for that.

Again, while I would be pleased that the Chiefs drafted Wilson, this isn't a means to an end thing.

Drafting Joeckel is the same ****ing thing as punting ON THE FIRST OVERALL PICK. Just because a franchise QB gets drafted doesn't mean the way to get there doesn't matter.

I don't really care if the Chiefs' needs don't reflect the strengths of the draft. Hell, I don't really care that there aren't any generational talents at ANY position in this class. It's Dorsey and Reid's job to make a selection that will generate WINS for the franchise, not this mythical concept of "draft value." You know what draft value alone get you? Nothing. It's non-redeemable.

No ****ing excuses.

DeezNutz 02-23-2013 04:44 PM

No offensive or defensive linemen at 1/1. It should be a QB, but it cannot be a lineman.

Hootie 02-23-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9429043)
No offensive or defensive linemen at 1/1. It should be a QB, but it cannot be a lineman.

agreed

if they truly don't think Geno or any QB is worthy of #1 we better not take anymore ****ing beef

it better be that freakishly good DB or a FREAKISHLY great pass rusher or a speed demon WR

I'd be angry but not SUPER ****ING PISSED OFF.

If we take a ****ing tackle, guard or any DL I'm going to beat Hamas Jenkins to the MOTHER **** YOU JOHN DORSEY/ANDY REID thread this year.

Hootie 02-23-2013 04:48 PM

if we take Joeckel and let Albert walk and trade for Foles or Alex Smith and don't draft a QB we better win at least 11 games or a playoff game or this whole regime dies to me right away.

Easy 6 02-23-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Hootie 02-23-2013 04:49 PM

and if it's Alex Smith he better throw for 4000 yards and 30 TD's and be Trent Green ****ing good while we're at it

if it is Foles he better flash some serious franchise QB potential

anything short of that and I'll hate those two ****ers until further notice

RunKC 02-23-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9429032)
Again, while I would be pleased that the Chiefs drafted Wilson, this isn't a means to an end thing.

Drafting Joeckel is the same ****ing thing as punting ON THE FIRST OVERALL PICK. Just because a franchise QB gets drafted doesn't mean the way to get there doesn't matter.

I don't really care if the Chiefs' needs don't reflect the strengths of the draft. Hell, I don't really care that there aren't any generational talents at ANY position in this class. It's Dorsey and Reid's job to make a selection that will generate WINS for the franchise, not this mythical concept of "draft value." You know what draft value alone get you? Nothing. It's non-redeemable.

No ****ing excuses.

I don't get it. You like it, but you don't like it?

tk13 02-23-2013 04:53 PM

He's probably going to end up more hated than Pioli, because people on here get fired up over press conference answers... all the way back to LJ diaper talk. Pioli was secretive but he'd drop hints and give ideas into his thought process because of his ego. The fact that he wanted to win with certain guys, etc. Dorsey appears like isn't even going to do that. He's literally going to say nothing of legitimate substance. At least so far.

Sorter 02-23-2013 05:03 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu...bkemo1_500.gif

RealSNR 02-23-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9429060)
I don't get it. You like it, but you don't like it?

If a building is on fire, the main goal is to put the fire out.

You can approach it by attempting to extinguish the fire at its source quickly and efficiently. You might even be able to concentrate the fire damage to a limited area and save the building.

Or, you can let the ****er burn down, extinguishing the fire by letting it run out of fuel.

Drafting Joeckel and taking Wilson is the second example. Throwing up your arms and saying, "WELP, TOO BAD THIS IS A SHITTY YEAR TO HAVE THE FIRST OVERALL PICK" is the same ****ing thing as giving up. You have the best pick in the draft and you're using it to improve nothing on the team.

"Mission accomplished" or not, Reid and Dorsey weren't hired to find a QB and piss away the rest of the draft when things get inconvenient for them.

pr_capone 02-23-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

JFC... seriously Teicher??? You definitely keep up to date with the goings ons, dontcha?

RunKC 02-23-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9429112)
If a building is on fire, the main goal is to put the fire out.

You can approach it by attempting to extinguish the fire at its source quickly and efficiently. You might even be able to concentrate the fire damage to a limited area and save the building.

Or, you can let the ****er burn down, extinguishing the fire by letting it run out of fuel.

Drafting Joeckel and taking Wilson is the second example. Throwing up your arms and saying, "WELP, TOO BAD THIS IS A SHITTY YEAR TO HAVE THE FIRST OVERALL PICK" is the same ****ing thing as giving up. You have the best pick in the draft and you're using it to improve nothing on the team.

"Mission accomplished" or not, Reid and Dorsey weren't hired to find a QB and piss away the rest of the draft when things get inconvenient for them.

This depends entirely on point of view.

Our OL is very overrated, and you can definitely see that when you watch our games against Buffalo and Oakland especially. Hell look at the last 3 years of games vs Oakland and we're getting owned.
We were outclassed and assraped by them over and over again.

The OL is most definitely an underlying problem.

I don't give a shit how we get our QB. At 1, 34 or 63. If we feel that Tyler Wilson is the guy we want, then getting him AND a damn good OL, while resigning Albert, that is a ****ing huge win for us.

chiefsfan_91 02-23-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9429013)
1. Luke Joeckel
2. Tyler Wilson

I'm down for that.

As would I. The thing with drafting Joeckel at 1, even if we resign Albert, is that we solidify the left side of the line for the next 6-8 years, and we end up with one of the best o-lines in football (Joeckel, Albert, hopefully someone other than Hudson, Stephenson, Winston) AND we get a guy who can hopefully be a franchise QB. This sets us up for both short and long term success, but it puts us in the same situation we were in this time last season. Its entirely dependant on QB play. And that is the reason I would want to bring in an Alex Smith type player, who has been successful in this league with the right coaching (which we have) and can teach Wilson the ins and outs of NFL defenses, adjustments, hots, etc. and let him develop into the guy that we need. Remember, Joe Montana didn't start right away. He sat for a year or 2 with a clipboard in his hand before getting the reins.

Sorter 02-23-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan_91 (Post 9429163)
As would I. The thing with drafting Joeckel at 1, even if we resign Albert, is that we solidify the left side of the line for the next 6-8 years, and we end up with one of the best o-lines in football (Joeckel, Albert, hopefully someone other than Hudson, Stephenson, Winston) AND we get a guy who can hopefully be a franchise QB. This sets us up for both short and long term success, but it puts us in the same situation we were in this time last season. Its entirely dependant on QB play. And that is the reason I would want to bring in an Alex Smith type player, who has been successful in this league with the right coaching (which we have) and can teach Wilson the ins and outs of NFL defenses, adjustments, hots, etc. and let him develop into the guy that we need. Remember, Joe Montana didn't start right away. He sat for a year or 2 with a clipboard in his hand before getting the reins.

WTF? So, you want to replace Hudson and move Stephenson to RG?

JFC.

RealSNR 02-23-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9429155)
This depends entirely on point of view.

Our OL is very overrated, and you can definitely see that when you watch our games against Buffalo and Oakland especially. Hell look at the last 3 years of games vs Oakland and we're getting owned.
We were outclassed and assraped by them over and over again.

The OL is most definitely an underlying problem.

I don't give a shit how we get our QB. At 1, 34 or 63. If we feel that Tyler Wilson is the guy we want, then getting him AND a damn good OL, while resigning Albert, that is a ****ing huge win for us.

If you're talking about the inconsistent play from Hudson prior to his injury in addition to Allen's shitty play as a rookie, then absolutely. We have some problems to fix.

In what way was Branden Albert the cause of any of those problems?

One. ****ing. Sack. Allowed. Last year.

Your solution to our offensive line inconsistency is to replace the most efficient cog in the machine with a different one that might not be any better than the original. Guess what? The problem areas that need to be addressed are going to keep sucking if we do that.

DaWolf 02-23-2013 05:35 PM

It's obvious they are desperate to trade out of that spot...

58-4ever 02-23-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9429104)

those headbands are strangely hot on women.

Coogs 02-23-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan_91 (Post 9429163)

For rookies, I didn't think Allen and Stephenson were horrible.

Room for improvement? Definately!

But given that most say it takes a couple of years to adapt to the NFL, they have a chance to be pretty good IMO.

58-4ever 02-23-2013 05:36 PM

what's crazy is that we have two of the top 32 left tackles in the league and we are thinking of drafting a third. Only in KC

Pasta Little Brioni 02-23-2013 05:36 PM

Anything other than QB is an absolute failure...PERIOD.

RealSNR 02-23-2013 05:37 PM

Name some recent Super Bowl teams with a HOF-level LT.

Name some recent Super Bowl teams with an adequate LT that got the job done.

patteeu 02-23-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9428943)
Nothing?

"Then you have great competition at LT"

This bullshit line, which precedes Dorsey's suggestion that a player taken at 1/1 might be a guard or center, is about depth.

When you have two guys capable of playing the most important position on the line, you let them compete for the job until you figure out which one is the best fit and then you move the other one to one of the other four spots on the line. Depth isn't being contemplated in any sense other than a guy who is starting right now would be depth after one of these two guys takes his spot.

Sorter 02-23-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 9429197)
those headbands are strangely hot on women.

Like, unbelievably.

58-4ever 02-23-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9429203)
Name some recent Super Bowl teams with a HOF-level LT.

Name some recent Super Bowl teams with an adequate LT that got the job done.

There are probably both.

O.city 02-23-2013 05:38 PM

Albert will not sign here to play guard. If they plan on not franchising him and want to sign him, I'm pretty sure he's not going to sign on to play if there is any chance he has to play guard.

58-4ever 02-23-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9429210)
Albert will not sign here to play guard. If they plan on not franchising him and want to sign him, I'm pretty sure he's not going to sign on to play if there is any chance he has to play guard.

Not only that, but he will command tackle money. If he resigns for tackle money, I don't think he has a choice on position.

RealSNR 02-23-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 9429209)
There are probably both.

HOF LTs to win the Super Bowl in the past 10 years:

Adequate LTs to win the Super Bowl in the past 10 years:

All of them

Sorter 02-23-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 9429209)
There are probably both.

Wrong!