ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Would the following situation make you NOT freak out about not drafting Geno Smith? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270368)

AustinChief 02-24-2013 07:46 PM

Would the following situation make you NOT freak out about not drafting Geno Smith?

Ok, let's imagine our coaches simply don't like Geno Smith and don't plan on drafting him... would you be ok with the following ....

Trade Round 4 pick for Alex Smith.
Trade #1 overall pick down to the 8-12 range in exchange for a 2013 Rnd 2 and 2014 Rnd 1
Take Dee Milliner or Kenny Vaccaro with that pick.
Take Tyler Wilson or Matt Barkley (or insert any QB other than Geno here) with our #2 pick.

Personally I would be ecstatic if we swung a deal like this.

So, I ask, would this be a situation that you wouldn't freak out about?

RealSNR 02-24-2013 07:48 PM

Only Matt Barkley. Tyler Wilson is a ****ing turd. I'm tired of giving that asshole excuses.

Ask me if there's a remote chance that Barkley is available at 2, though.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-24-2013 07:49 PM

It just needs to be one of the top 3 QBs for me. How it gets done is not overly important.

philfree 02-24-2013 07:49 PM

:hmmm:

Trade down, start Stanzi and then draft first again next year.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 07:52 PM

We are not trading down. Nobody wants our pick.

Crush 02-24-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9434270)

Not even for the greatest offensive tackle ever in the history of the game?

KCrockaholic 02-24-2013 07:55 PM

I mean who wouldn't want Jonathan Ogden on their team? Of course somebody will trade up for him.

RealSNR 02-24-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9434247)
:hmmm:

Trade down, start Stanzi and then draft first again next year.

I'd rather start Stanzi the entire year than trade for Alex Smith.

At least we'd be able to one-up Jags troll and steal Bridgewater from under his nose.

Rasputin 02-24-2013 08:04 PM

I do not want Alex Smith on this team he represents every retread QB fail we ever had.

I want us to draft a QBotf with our first pick however if we can buy a year to draft the #1 QB in next years draft I'd be ok with that but that is unrealistic to actually happen so I only want to draft Geno Smith with our first to be happy.

AustinChief 02-24-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

That is my biggest concern. There is NO ONE (sorry not even Geno) that I feel is WORTH the #1 overall. If we can't trade down, I'd just as soon take Geno as anybody but I'd much rather trade down, but I fear you are right, most teams probably feel the same way. No one is screaming to be picked in the top 3 even right now.

I do however think that Milliner and Vaccaro will be great picks in the 8-12 range.

tredadda 02-24-2013 08:05 PM

I would be cool with that scenario. Unfortunately that won't happen.

RealSNR 02-24-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9434375)
That is my biggest concern. There is NO ONE (sorry not even Geno) that I feel is WORTH the #1 overall. If we can't trade down, I'd just as soon take Geno as anybody but I'd much rather trade down, but I fear you are right, most teams probably feel the same way. No one is screaming to be picked in the top 3 even right now.

I do however think that Milliner and Vaccaro will be great picks in the 8-12 range.

This draft has tons of players that would be good in the 8-12 range. A lot of those players will get drafted into the late 20s in the first round. Absolute ****ing steals.

AustinChief 02-24-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9434373)
I do not want Alex Smith on this team he represents every retread QB fail we ever had.

OR he represents every retread success... Dawson, Green, Montana... See how stupid that last statement looks? Yeah, that's exactly how your knee jerk reactions look. I understand your frustration, but don't let it make you dumb.

It's beyond stupid to judge a guy like Smith before he even has a chance to play a down here. And to be honest, Smith for a 4th rounder is a damn good deal if it plays out that way.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9434395)
OR he represents every retread success... Dawson, Green, Montana... See how stupid that last statement looks? Yeah, that's exactly how your knee jerk reactions look. I understand your frustration, but don't let it make you dumb.

It's beyond stupid to judge a guy like Smith before he even has a chance to play a down here. And to be honest, Smith for a 4th rounder is a damn good deal if it plays out that way.

Only Chiefs fans would consider Montana and Green as successes.

Most fans count playoff wins and Lombardi trophies. We define "success" like the Browns and Lions.

Rasputin 02-24-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

I didn't want Joe Montana & I don't want Alex Smith I don't care how dumb I sound it's been 30 years of passing on a QB in the first round. I want a first round QBotf to have hope for the next 10+ years that we can have a window of opportunity to win Super Bowls.

Reaper16 02-24-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9434238)
Only Matt Barkley.

Ask me if there's a remote chance that Barkley is available at 2, though.

My thoughts exactly.

AustinChief 02-24-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9434383)
This draft has tons of players that would be good in the 8-12 range. A lot of those players will get drafted into the late 20s in the first round. Absolute ****ing steals.

OK OK OK, let's Madden this bitch up...

we trade our #1 overall for a pick in the 8-12 range and a Rnd 2 AND a 2014 Rnd 1 We then trade that 2014 Rnd 1 pick to swap our top Rnd 2 pick with a Rnd 1 20-25 pick!

BAM!

Ok, now that may be just a bit ridiculous. :D

BTW I do agree with you, should be some serious mid to late Rnd 1 value

AustinChief 02-24-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9434417)
I didn't want Joe Montana & I don't want Alex Smith I don't care how dumb I sound it's been 30 years of passing on a QB in the first round. I want a first round QBotf to have hope for the next 10+ years that we can have a window of opportunity to win Super Bowls.

I WANT us to draft a first round superstar QB as well... but if the ****ING GUY ISN'T THERE then you don't simply waste the pick. I like Geno Smith at #1 more than any other player even if I'm not sold that he is a clear cut #1 overall pick... but I am not going to act like an idiot if I don't get my way.

Since when did CP become the stupid Chiefs BBS? Didn't we used to be the smart one?

AustinChief 02-24-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9434409)
Only Chiefs fans would consider Montana and Green as successes.

Most fans count playoff wins and Lombardi trophies. We define "success" like the Browns and Lions.

I think you saw the point I was making though?

The point was to show how ridiculously stupid it is to say that Alex Smith (if he even comes here) is a failure and "more of the same" before he plays a down. Especially if we still take a QB early in the draft.

NJChiefsFan 02-24-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Montana and Green could have been successes. They weren't though. I picked the first option, although I don't think the QB will be there in the 2nd. In your scenario though I would be a lot happier than I am tonight.

Rasputin 02-24-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9434460)
I WANT us to draft a first round superstar QB as well... but if the ****ING GUY ISN'T THERE then you don't simply waste the pick. I like Geno Smith at #1 more than any other player even if I'm not sold that he is a clear cut #1 overall pick... but I am not going to act like an idiot if I don't get my way.

Since when did CP become the stupid Chiefs BBS? Didn't we used to be the smart one?

Taking a chance on a kid is part of the thrill and fun of it all. The risk and reward is what I want to take the risk and take a chance on the best QB prospect comming out and have hope for a change of direction.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9434479)
I think you saw the point I was making though?

The point was to show how ridiculously stupid it is to say that Alex Smith (if he even comes here) is a failure and "more of the same" before he plays a down. Especially if we still take a QB early in the draft.

It's not stupid at all.

If you take 4 rocks and throw them at a window, breaking the glass, is it reasonable to assume that the window will suddenly withstand the 5th rock and remain unbroken?

We've seen this before. Several times even.

Alex Smith doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Setsuna 02-24-2013 08:24 PM

I'm going to say no because waiting for Alex Smith's contract to be up will make all of the exceptional talent on the team that much older and worse for the wear. So Gaz option for me.

Rasputin 02-24-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9434500)
Taking a chance on a kid is part of the thrill and fun of it all. The risk and reward is what I want to take the risk and take a chance on the best QB prospect comming out and have hope for a change of direction.

Maybe the reward could be 10+ years of great QB play with Super Bowl and crushing the division who the **** knows? I'd like to take that chance to find out with a QB of our own from the draft instead of some other teams reject that we have filled this team last 30years with.

Stupid Blackledge curse just wont let us take another QBotf in the first round. Hope we break the curse with Geno Smith.

patteeu 02-24-2013 08:30 PM

Yes, that would be great.

Bowser 02-24-2013 08:30 PM

There's no lipstick fit for this turd of a situation.

FRCDFED 02-24-2013 08:34 PM

The only thing I would change is going BPA in every round.

Molitoth 02-24-2013 08:37 PM

Id still be pissed passing over geno, but i woulnt freak out if we could get milliner and Barkley, but it isn't going to happen.

AustinChief 02-24-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9434504)
It's not stupid at all.

If you take 4 rocks and throw them at a window, breaking the glass, is it reasonable to assume that the window will suddenly withstand the 5th rock and remain unbroken?

We've seen this before. Several times even.

Alex Smith doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Bullshit. Complete and utter bullshit. I am not going to say that Smith IS going to be good (if he even comes here).. but to say he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt is incredibly stupid. YOU are far too smart for idiotic statements like this. Smith had absolute dogshit for coaching his entire pro career until Harbaugh showed up. Under Harbaugh he has been a solid, far above average QB.

Rasputin 02-24-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9434659)
Bullshit. Complete and utter bullshit. I am not going to say that Smith IS going to be good (if he even comes here).. but to say he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt is incredibly stupid. YOU are far too smart for idiotic statements like this. Smith had absolute dogshit for coaching his entire pro career until Harbaugh showed up. Under Harbaugh he has been a solid, far above average QB.

I would expect with Alex Smith comming here he would have to prove himself right away and will start to press his throws and he will throw more INTs even with Reid as coach. Andy Reid wants to throw a ton of balls in this offense. That is not what Alex Smith is going be good at he counts on playaction and the running game to be successful.

Alex Smith is game manager not game winner.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

He wasn't good enough to be the starter. He got benched. By Harbaugh.

I don't care who the **** he is. The team he's on doesn't want him. We shouldn't want him either.

He doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt, or anything else for that matter. **** Alex Smith.

Psyko Tek 02-24-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

if we can't use it who can?
I don't believe anybody wants it

Bowser 02-24-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Bottom line is that if Alex SMith were worthy of being a "franchise" QB, the Niners would never let him go.

One man's garbage is another's garbage.

Molitoth 02-24-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Lol by this logic you could also say Matt cassel was a victim to bad coaching.

Dave Lane 02-24-2013 08:58 PM

I said no. I'm tired out trying to be too cute and maximize "value". **** that, give me the best QB in the draft and if that fails, rinse and repeat.

Psyko Tek 02-24-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9434460)

with the new CBA a bust ain't gonna JaMarcus us, and I do not wanna see this blow up by the raiders having the balls and we do not,
we would hear that twice a year for ever

Dave Lane 02-24-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9434712)
Bottom line is that if Alex SMith were worthy of being a "franchise" QB, the Niners would never let him go.

One man's garbage is another's garbage.

Amen. Cassel = Smith.

AustinChief 02-24-2013 09:00 PM

To be clear, NO ONE is claiming Alex Smith is a franchise QB. But to write him off as garbage is just stupid. Those with this OPINION may end up being right... but acting as if they KNOW at this point is a Charger's fan level of dumb.

I can't believe I am here defending Alex Smith... BUT the amount of pure knee jerk stupid that is running rampant today has forced me to try to be the voice of reason here. To not like Alex Smith is fine, normal even... but to go batshit crazy because we MAY have traded a FOURTH round pick for him is ridiculous.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9434752)
To be clear, NO ONE is claiming Alex Smith is a franchise QB. But to write him off as garbage is just stupid. Those with this OPINION may end up being right... but acting as if they KNOW at this point is a Charger's fan level of dumb.

I can't believe I am here defending Alex Smith... BUT the amount of pure knee jerk stupid that is running rampant today has forced me to try to be the voice of reason here. To not like Alex Smith is fine, normal even... but to go batshit crazy because we MAY have traded a FOURTH round pick for him is ridiculous.

I don't KNOW he's going to fail.

But I don't have any reason to believe he's going to succeed either.

His history, and the Chiefs history, suggest it will be another failure in a long, long line of failures.

AustinChief 02-24-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9434727)
I said no. I'm tired out trying to be too cute and maximize "value". **** that, give me the best QB in the draft and if that fails, rinse and repeat.

Gotcha. So even if our new staff is 95% certain that Geno Smith will be a bust... YOU won't be happy unless we waste the pick. Smart!

Damn, frustration has apparently turned ChiefsPlanet into a haven for idiocy like the other Chiefs boards.

Bowser 02-24-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9434752)

Look at it like this -

Matt Cassel was pretty decent with Charlie Weis around. Alex Smith was pretty damned good with Harbaugh around.

What's going to happen next?

AustinChief 02-24-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9434762)

His history, and the Chiefs history, suggest it will be another failure in a long, long line of failures.

No one is asking you to BELIEVE in him or expect wins... just not to expect him to be worthless. ANd that is exactly what your over the top emotional responses about him have indicated. I get it, I am fed up as well... but let's give our new staff and whoever the next QB is... a chance to fail at least a LITTLE before we burn them at the stake.

Bowser 02-24-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9434762)

This.

Someone someday needs to teach the definition of insanity to Clark.

Hootie 02-24-2013 09:06 PM

as long as they address their QB position before pick 35 I like to give the new regime the benefit of the doubt

if we go with Alex Smith and don't address the QB situation before/on our 2nd round pick I will be pretty disappointed

AustinChief 02-24-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9434772)
Look at it like this -

Matt Cassel was pretty decent with Charlie Weis around. Alex Smith was pretty damned good with Harbaugh around.

What's going to happen next?

Cassel was BARELY decent with Weis and a creampuff schedule. Smith was far better with Harbaugh. If you think Reid is equivalent to Harbaugh as an offensive coach and QB developer.. then you would expect Smith to continue to progress (if healthy). Again, I don't want to get sucked into being a defender of Alex Smith... I just would like us to return to some semblance of sanity for a bit.

Bowser 02-24-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9434778)
No one is asking you to BELIEVE in him or expect wins... just not to expect him to be worthless. ANd that is exactly what your over the top emotional responses about him have indicated. I get it, I am fed up as well... but let's give our new staff and whoever the next QB is... a chance to fail at least a LITTLE before we burn them at the stake.

You're correct with that. No argument at all. But how suprised are you going to be when we take Joeckel only to watch him be the next Mandarich, and see Geno go to the Raiders only to watch him ride us like a rented Corvette the next ten years?

It's what we've come to expect as Chiefs fans.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Well, I totally expect him to be worthless. To expect him to be otherwise is hopelessly naive.

EDIT: And no, I don't have any more good will to give them any more chances. I've suffer through watching this team for too long, waited for them to get the #1 pick for too long. I am ****ing fed up with it. They either do what all the other successful teams do or I am getting off the train. I am not rooting for a team that has no interest in winning.

AustinChief 02-24-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9434801)
You're correct with that. No argument at all. But how suprised are you going to be when we take Joeckel only to watch him be the next Mandarich, and see Geno go to the Raiders only to watch him ride us like a rented Corvette the next ten years?

It's what we've come to expect as Chiefs fans.

We better not draft that overrated Aggie! We need to just wait and draft Taylor Lewan in 2014! DUH! :D

AussieChiefsFan 02-24-2013 09:13 PM

Id want more for our #1

Rasputin 02-24-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9434799)
Cassel was BARELY decent with Weis and a creampuff schedule. Smith was far better with Harbaugh. If you think Reid is equivalent to Harbaugh as an offensive coach and QB developer.. then you would expect Smith to continue to progress (if healthy). Again, I don't want to get sucked into being a defender of Alex Smith... I just would like us to return to some semblance of sanity for a bit.

ROFL Sanity you want sanity well that would be opposite of insanity

Einstein's Definition

Albert Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/12047

DenverChief 02-24-2013 09:16 PM

If we trade for Smith and pick Joeckel with the #1 and get EJ Manuel with our #34...but after today I'm not sure he will fall to the second round

AustinChief 02-24-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9434830)
ROFL Sanity you want sanity well that would be opposite of insanity

Einstein's Definition

Albert Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

Using an incorrectly attributed aphorism is not the best way to make a point. Einstein never said anything of the sort. (And though I think Planck was the greater genius I wouldn't slander Einstein so much as to put such trite nonsense in his mouth.)

AustinChief 02-24-2013 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9434826)
Id want more for our #1

To trade down 10 spots you would want more than a probable top 15 pick in 2014 AND a top 12 2nd rounder in 2013? What the hell else do you want??? a 3rd? Hookers and blow?

MahiMike 02-24-2013 09:23 PM

Yes! Thanks for explaining it much better than I've been doing. 2 choices here are:

1) Draft Geno. FTW!
2) Get Alex Smith, top CB And Barkley/Glennon

HotCarl 02-24-2013 09:32 PM

It's sad that after trading back, taking a corner to replace the talented young one Pioli let walk for nothing might be the right move, but it might be the right move.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9434873)
Yes! Thanks for explaining it much better than I've been doing. 2 choices here are:

1) Draft Geno. FTW!
2) Get Alex Smith, top CB And Barkley/Glennon

Barkley isn't getting past the Cardinals and Glennon is being targeted by the Bills.

They won't be there in the 2nd round.

Bowser 02-24-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9434928)
Barkley isn't getting past the Cardinals and Glennon is being targeted by the Bills.

They won't be there in the 2nd round.

Any believable chance that Nassib goes to Buffalo to maybe sit and learn behind Alex Smith? I ask considering who Buffalo's new coach is....

keg in kc 02-24-2013 09:36 PM

Two things:

Alex Smith would be a terrible trade under any circumstances.

If no QB is worth the #1 pick, nobody is going to trade up to acquire the #1 pick. None of the other players at the top of this draft are far enough separated from the 2nd tier players at their position to warrant a cost of multiple picks.

And probably one more thing:

There won't be a QB worth a damn sitting there at 34.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9434939)
Any believable chance that Nassib goes to Buffalo to maybe sit and learn behind Alex Smith? I ask considering who Buffalo's new coach is....

Buffalo's GM has a girl crush on Glennon's arm.

AustinChief 02-24-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9434945)
Two things:

Alex Smith would be a terrible trade under any circumstances.

If no QB is worth the #1 pick, nobody is going to trade up to acquire the #1 pick. None of the other players at the top of this draft are far enough separated from the 2nd tier players at their position to warrant a cost of multiple picks.

And probably one more thing:

There won't be a QB worth a damn sitting there at 34.

Three things...

1)Saying that NOW about Smith is reeruned. Maybe end up true but come on.

2)Yep, I doubt we will find a trading partner, the top of this draft RIGHT now doesn't look great.

3)Saying that there DEFINITELY won't be a QB at 34 is more reeruned than your first statement.

I'm not against Geno in any way, but I'm also not ready to go overboard reactionary about it.

htismaqe 02-24-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9434976)
Three things...

2)Yep, I doubt we will find a trading partner, the top of this draft RIGHT now doesn't look great.

3)Saying that there DEFINITELY won't be a QB at 34 is more reeruned than your first statement.

I'm not against Geno in any way, but I'm also not ready to go overboard reactionary about it.

1). No it isn't. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice? How many more times do they have to kick you in the nuts before you start covering your balls?

2). Yep.

3). There will be QBs there. They won't be good enough to unseat Alex Smith though.. Here's to 5 more years of mediocrity.

keg in kc 02-24-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9434976)
Three things...

Wake up. It's not the 1990s. Alex Smith is not the kind of quarterback you want in today's NFL. He's proven himself - over 7 years - to be a game manager in a league that - by rule (and I mean that literally) - favors gunslingers. He can't win games for you. All he can do is try not to lose them. That's a bad trade, any way you slice it. Especially when you consider the near certain fact that we're going to be throwing the ball...a lot. Alex Smith makes zero sense for a team who isn't going to be running it let's say 55% of the time. Playing second fiddle behind a strong running game is the only way he can be successful. He doesn't fit here.

(none of this has anything to do with Geno Smith. this is all about Alex Smith)
Quote:

It's not reeruned, it's history. This QB position has been growing more and more overvalued by the league with each passing year, since the changing of the rookie pay structure in the CBA. There's nothing that would indicate that trend will cease this year, or that they'll suddenly go in the other direction and let QBs fall, not with the names that have gone in the first round in the last five years. If we're drafting someone in the 2nd, it's much more likely to be overdrafting someone like Dysert or Manual than it is to be getting Barkley.

Wilson might be a possibility, but let's be realistic about him: if he's in freefall let him stay in freefall. That one reads like a bad gamble. Which is a shame, because I had hoped there was something there.

(I don't think he falls though. I think somebody takes him in the 20s.).

Direckshun 02-24-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9435002)
3). There will be QBs there. They won't be good enough to unseat Alex Smith though.. Here's to 5 more years of mediocrity.

2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009 2009

NJChiefsFan 02-24-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

I think my emotional reaction to Alex Smith comes from my greatest fear, the average to decent QB. The QB that makes you year after year wonder and maybe believe he can do it the next year with a slightly better team. I don't fear shitty QBs as much, because it's clear cut that you get rid of them(save for a Pioli GM where ego is involved). So when I see Alex, I don't worry about him being shit. I worry about him selling himself just enough each year.

I get that Reid and Dorsey aren't blind, and that would be my hope if this scenario plays out, but this fan base and media group are full of idiots. Decent play from Smith may buy him time. That's why I prefer taking a chance elsewhere. I just fear the decent QB much more so than a risky boom or bust one.