ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Here Are 13 Plays Alex Smith Wants Back By Sam Millinger (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=289770)

Titty Meat 01-07-2015 11:26 AM

Here Are 13 Plays Alex Smith Wants Back By Sam Millinger

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...le5540688.html

KCUnited 01-07-2015 11:32 AM

Alix Smeth blows.

gold_and_red 01-07-2015 11:34 AM

Didn't Reid claim in a recent interview that Alex sees the whole field?

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-07-2015 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold_and_red (Post 11249220)
Didn't Reid claim in a recent interview that Alex sees the whole field?

What do you want the coach to say? Throw him under the bus?

O.city 01-07-2015 11:36 AM

But but wrs aren't getting open

gold_and_red 01-07-2015 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 11249224)

Didn't have to say anything...

TimBone 01-07-2015 11:37 AM

Just 13, huh?

Frosty 01-07-2015 11:42 AM

Great. Now I'm pissed again.

Red Beans 01-07-2015 11:48 AM

What I find amusing is for such an accurate short gamer, Alex has a hard time hitting some of those short passes in the clutch. I think this speaks to the line, but also to him being a true game manager. He's clearly not the guy that's going to make something happen. But this is all old news. Just my 2 cents...

RunKC 01-07-2015 11:48 AM

Can someone just post the ****ing gifs. Paying $142 a year for this shit isn't worth it...

O.city 01-07-2015 11:50 AM

He's coming off things too fast. I'm sure some could be contributed to the fact that the ol was getting his spleen destroyed, but gotta stand in there.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-07-2015 11:50 AM

http://giant.gfycat.com/KeenHarmoniousKitty.gif

SMH Travis wide open.

OnTheWarpath15 01-07-2015 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11249228)
Just 13, huh?

Mellinger only has so much column space.

notorious 01-07-2015 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 11249265)

SMH Travis wide open.

Shit like that pisses me off.

He already had his mind made up where he was throwing before the ball was snapped.

****!

dls6501 01-07-2015 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11249260)
He's coming off things too fast.

Bingo. Alex does not maximize the potential of every play.

I was thinking to myself during the Colts playoff game, that on that play that Luck moved up in the pocket and threw that rocket to the right corner of the endzone for a TD, that it was a play that Alex NEVER would have made (reason being, Luck's checkdown was wide open on the left side of the field for an easy 8 or so yard gain).

O.city 01-07-2015 11:57 AM

That kelce one is a bit of, well, meh.

The safety in the middle of the field is shadowing the qb. If he looks to Kelce, he's not as open as it appears.

Move the safety with you eyes then throw to Kelce though

bevischief 01-07-2015 11:58 AM

Only 13?

DMAC 01-07-2015 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11249279)
Shit like that pisses me off.

He already had his mind made up where he was throwing before the ball was snapped.

****!

Gotta love Kelce's reaction. The team knows it.

Reerun_KC 01-07-2015 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 11249224)

Take responsibility for Smiths ineffective play.

ThaVirus 01-07-2015 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 11249301)
Gotta love Kelce's reaction. The team knows it.

I didn't notice that at first glance. Good eye.

The guys must be pretty frustrated.

ThaVirus 01-07-2015 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11249279)

This much has become apparent.

the Talking Can 01-07-2015 12:47 PM

smith is the reason we're not in the playoffs

Discuss Thrower 01-07-2015 12:48 PM

Over/under the amount of SandyAss posts defending his mancrush: 1.5

ThaVirus 01-07-2015 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 11249390)

But the defense let the Raiders score a TD that one time!!1!!!!111

SAUTO 01-07-2015 12:49 PM

Quote:

Yep

gblowfish 01-07-2015 12:54 PM

God, that is depressing. Kelce is wide open several times there. Yikes.

RunKC 01-07-2015 12:56 PM

Quote:

Andy deserves just as much, if not more blame. How many times did he apologize to us for ignoring Charles?

the Talking Can 01-07-2015 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11249418)
Andy deserves just as much, if not more blame. How many times did he apologize to us for ignoring Charles?

he ignored charles for smith

Smith failed

Dayze 01-07-2015 12:58 PM

Kecle smoked his dude on that slant (Denver game I think).

Alex had already made up his mind before the ****ing ball was snapped where he was going with the ball, come hell or high water. Kelce takes 1 jab step like he's going outside, then hits the slant and his WIDE open and Smith had already thrown the ball. Kecle appeared frustrated with that one too lol.

this is a perfect example of my frustration with Alex. time in the pocket; great pocket, actually. under no pressure, and he doesn't give any time for a potential better route to develop.

RunKC 01-07-2015 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 11249422)
he ignored charles for smith

Smith failed

Who had to have Smith as his QB?

Ebolapox 01-07-2015 01:00 PM

FRANCHISE

QB

Easy 6 01-07-2015 01:01 PM

"Alex knew where every receiver was on every play in every game... he just didnt throw it to them".

srvy 01-07-2015 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 11249423)
Kecle smoked his dude on that slant (Denver game I think).

Alex had already made up his mind before the ****ing ball was snapped where he was going with the ball, come hell or high water. Kelce takes 1 jab step like he's going outside, then hits the slant and his WIDE open and Smith had already thrown the ball. Kecle appeared frustrated with that one too lol.

this is a perfect example of my frustration with Alex. time in the pocket; great pocket, actually. under no pressure, and he doesn't give any time for a potential better route to develop.

Ball was out before Kelce broke open but Smith had time to look over the field that play. This is typical of what happens when you are sacked 55 times and have 0 trust in your line. Bolster the line and if this doesn't improve bench him.

BigMeatballDave 01-07-2015 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 11249463)
Ball was out before Kelce broke open but Smith had time to look over the field that play. This is typical of what happens when you are sacked 55 times and have 0 trust in your line. Bolster the line and if this doesn't improve bench him.

Looks like a clean pocket. AS doesn't even look at Kelce, even though he had plenty of time to.

hitchief 01-07-2015 01:30 PM

Yes, Kelce gets open for a td but I don't know what some of you don't understand about big boy football. There are these things called plays, where a number of routes are run by multiple wr's. Now heres the big one for some of you, there is a progression of reads in this system, if Alex has his primary wr open for a first down, hes going to take that 100% of the time.

So in this play his 1st read is open he takes it and gains a 1st down. Now if his first read is not open and he missed the Kelce read, that's on him. BUT that is not what happened.

And if you geniuses want Alex to hold onto the ball and wait for open wr's on every passing play, good luck to you with that strategy.

Pablo 01-07-2015 01:32 PM

Some people are going to be very upset that there's yet another article and thread hammering on our QB.

Get behind your team and QB guys! He's here whether you like it or not so you should probably just focus on the positives instead of always being so negative!

Jimmya 01-07-2015 01:34 PM

hitchief, Alex isn't a hall of famer. Just admit it and life will be easier for you.

ThaVirus 01-07-2015 01:34 PM

Quote:

Would it be acceptable for Jamaal to start falling down at the LOS because the offensive line doesn't open enough holes?

Would it be acceptable for our receivers to start dogging it on routes further than 15 yards downfield because Alex never throws to them that far beyong the LOS?

kcxiv 01-07-2015 01:34 PM

i like how he says Alex must get better and Alex says he needs to get better. dudes 30 years old. He's not going to get ****ing better lol

RealSNR 01-07-2015 01:34 PM

Quote:

Alex plays like that when jailbreak blitzes occur. He gets rattled, and you simply can't let that ****ing happen.

Tony Romo has an all-world line, but there were plenty of games where his OL did not play very well. He rarely let that deter him from either buying time with his legs or waiting to let the play develop a tad before making his throw.

You could tell in that gif that Dayze posted that Alex saw Wilson and wet his pants with excitement. He didn't give a shit what was on the other side of the field, and he didn't bother waiting around to find out. And he KNEW that was a questionable throw, and that the defenders had all kinds of opportunity to either break it up or worse.

The line was a problem. It needs to be fixed. But so does our QB.

the Talking Can 01-07-2015 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitchief (Post 11249478)
Yes, Kelce gets open for a td but I don't know what some of you don't understand about big boy football. There are these things called plays, where a number of routes are run by multiple wr's. Now heres the big one for some of you, there is a progression of reads in this system, if Alex has his primary wr open for a first down, hes going to take that 100% of the time.

So in this play his 1st read is open he takes it and gains a 1st down. Now if his first read is not open and he missed the Kelce read, that's on him. BUT that is not what happened.

And if you geniuses want Alex to hold onto the ball and wait for open wr's on every passing play, good luck to you with that strategy.

you have a callous from where Smith's balls rest on your chin

ThaVirus 01-07-2015 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitchief (Post 11249478)

You've got to be able to anticipate which receiver might be open based on his route and what defense the opponent is running. You can also make an attempt to throw a receiver open based on coverage.

Alex hasn't demonstrated the ability to do either.

kcxiv 01-07-2015 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11249424)
Who had to have Smith as his QB?

Who signed SMith as their qb? As far as i know Reid doesnt sign players to contracts.

the Talking Can 01-07-2015 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 11249493)
i like how he says Alex must get better and Alex says he needs to get better. dudes 30 years old. He's not going to get ****ing better lol

he's not, and he's not magically changing tendencies developed over entire playing career

he's just a mediocre QB, and nothing will change that

Easy 6 01-07-2015 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11249466)
Looks like a clean pocket. AS doesn't even look at Kelce, even though he had plenty of time to.

Yup, its a clean pocket and thats all too often the case with Smith... even when he has time to go through his reads he too often doesnt.

Thats what the dwindling numbers of Smith fans fail to realize, is that most of us understand that yes, the line is disgustingly bad and the receivers corp is sad... but none of that excuses those times Smith DID have obvious chances to make a play and failed to.

JENKINSWINS 01-07-2015 01:36 PM

Those are brutal to watch, but I bet there can be similar articles created on every QB in the league. Now where's the 20+ catches that should've been made that the Chiefs want back?

kcxiv 01-07-2015 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11249494)
Alex plays like that when jailbreak blitzes occur. He gets rattled, and you simply can't let that ****ing happen.

Tony Romo has an all-world line, but there were plenty of games where his OL did not play very well. He rarely let that deter him from either buying time with his legs or waiting to let the play develop a tad before making his throw.

You could tell in that gif that Dayze posted that Alex saw Wilson and wet his pants with excitement. He didn't give a shit what was on the other side of the field, and he didn't bother waiting around to find out. And he KNEW that was a questionable throw, and that the defenders had all kinds of opportunity to either break it up or worse.

The line was a problem. It needs to be fixed. But so does our QB.

Look at all great qb's they know how to move within the pocket to buy time. Alex doesnt, he just tucks and ****ing runs. There is no moving within the pocket for him

Pablo 01-07-2015 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 11249493)

This is the sort of stuff that's just killing football talk on this forum!

Their tenth season is when some guys start to 'get it'. Some guys are just late bloomers and you can't expect anybody to succeed playing with the supporting cast Alex did.

RealSNR 01-07-2015 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 11249485)
Some people are going to be very upset that there's yet another article and thread hammering on our QB.

Get behind your team and QB guys! He's here whether you like it or not so you should probably just focus on the positives instead of always being so negative!

You need to shut the **** up right now and get your ass down to Union Station for Mitch's Chiefs rally. We're going to put the hammer down, and if you're not with us, you're against us.

Oh, and wear your Chiefs flag lapel pin, too. We don't want people thinking you're a communist.

kcxiv 01-07-2015 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 11249504)
Those are brutal to watch, but I bet there can be similar articles created on every QB in the league. Now where's the 20+ catches that should've been made that the Chiefs want back?

Im sure there are plenty more, but he went with 13 crucial plays. Thats thats where good and average qb's separate themselves.

kcxiv 01-07-2015 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 11249508)

Their tenth season is when some guys start to 'get it'. Some guys are just late bloomers and you can't expect anybody to succeed playing with the supporting cast Alex did.

**** our QB. I rather have an average Oline and a good qb, then a good oline and a average QB. WHen the Chiefs play i hope Alex does well because im a Chiefs fan, problem is i have 0 confidence in him stepping up when the team absolutely needs a score late in the games.

the Talking Can 01-07-2015 01:39 PM

that list doesn't even include his overthrow of Wilson for an easy td

Smith left plays all over the field, all season long...from the Titans debacle to the Steelers loss

he cost us the playoffs, and wasted a rather remarkable defense effort (players and coaches)

hitchief 01-07-2015 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 11249488)
hitchief, Alex isn't a hall of famer. Just admit it and life will be easier for you.

Another brilliant response to a serious post.

What you cant get the logic?

And I have never said he was or is a Hall of Famer but he is good enough to win us playoff games and if given a decent #1 wr and a average oline could get us a SB.

Trolling is just to easy people but whatever, troll away and sleep well.

ThaVirus 01-07-2015 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 11249501)
he's not, and he's not magically changing tendencies developed over entire playing career

he's just a mediocre QB, and nothing will change that

Smith will be fine. Just get him an offensive line and some more weapons. For God's sake, he only has a top 5 RB and TE. We need a top 5 WR as well!

JENKINSWINS 01-07-2015 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 11249515)
**** our QB. I rather have an average Oline and a good qb, then a good oline and a average QB. WHen the Chiefs play i hope Alex does well because im a Chiefs fan, problem is i have 0 confidence in him stepping up when the team absolutely needs a score late in the games.

How can he step up when there's no pocket to step up into? :hmmm:

hitchief 01-07-2015 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 11249515)

Are you trying to tell us that we have an average oline? What a **cking joke that is.

At least argue with a somewhat serious attempt at the facts.

Pablo 01-07-2015 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitchief (Post 11249520)
Another brilliant response to a serious post.

What you cant get the logic?

And I have never said he was or is a Hall of Famer but he is good enough to win us playoff games and if given a decent #1 wr and a average oline could get us a SB.

Trolling is just to easy people but whatever, troll away and sleep well.

Those paint chips were tasty weren't they?

ThaVirus 01-07-2015 01:43 PM

Bowe should have been his first read on that quick out in Oakland. We ran a ****ing sprint out. If you don't hit that receiver within 1.5 seconds, he's GOING to be covered.

Just horrible anticipation, or a lack of balls, exhibited by our franchise QB in that situation.

"Why risk the throw in that situation. Take the field goal and the lead and rely on your defense"

"Bowe probably would have dropped it anyway"

Figured I'd save you guys some time with the responses..

Pablo 01-07-2015 01:44 PM

Guys, at least he signed that friendly deal we thought he might.

What a team player.

JENKINSWINS 01-07-2015 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11249531)
Bowe should have been his first read on that quick out in Oakland. We ran a ****ing sprint out. If you don't hit that receiver within 1.5 seconds, he's GOING to be covered.

Just horrible anticipation, or a lack of balls, exhibited by our franchise QB in that situation.

"Why risk the throw in that situation. Take the field goal and the lead and rely on your defense"

"Bowe probably would have dropped it anyway"

Figured I'd save you guys some time with the responses..

No, Bowe would've caught it but he would've only been able to get 1 foot in bounds.

RealSNR 01-07-2015 01:48 PM

Given a 2000 Baltimore Ravens defense, a corps of reliable yet fast WRs who are always open on every play, a rising star beastly athlete of a TE, the 2003 Chiefs offensive line, and a productive running game, Alex Smith can win you a Super Bowl! He's not the problem!

hitchief 01-07-2015 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11249498)
You've got to be able to anticipate which receiver might be open based on his route and what defense the opponent is running. You can also make an attempt to throw a receiver open based on coverage.

Alex hasn't demonstrated the ability to do either.

You are wrong, period, end of story.

This is the playground were you run around and make crap up and just wing it. JFK, some of you are acting like they still use a stick to scratch plays out in the sand.

Do you even understand that you are watching the NFL and not back in your playground.

kcxiv 01-07-2015 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11249540)
Given a 2000 Baltimore Ravens defense, a corps of reliable yet fast WRs who are always open on every play, a rising star beastly athlete of a TE, the 2003 Chiefs offensive line, and a productive running game, Alex Smith can win you a Super Bowl! He's not the problem!

lol, yeah, thats what i been saying, its possible, but its the HARDEST possible way to win a superbowl.

JENKINSWINS 01-07-2015 01:52 PM

Quote:

If he had that 2000 Baltimore Ravens D last year in the playoffs then maybe, and no need for the other stuff.

kcxiv 01-07-2015 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 11249508)

who the **** starts to get it? Dont even say trent, because he got it way before that, he just got hurt in St louis. Kurt Warner was in his 20's still when he was given a chance.

What Qb's got it in their 30's?

kcxiv 01-07-2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 11249525)
How can he step up when there's no pocket to step up into? :hmmm:

that article shows gif's that gives Alex Plenty of time to make the correct read and he fails to do so ir just completely misses the WR with a terrible pass.

ThaVirus 01-07-2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitchief (Post 11249546)
You are wrong, period, end of story.

This is the playground were you run around and make crap up and just wing it. JFK, some of you are acting like they still use a stick to scratch plays out in the sand.

Do you even understand that you are watching the NFL and not back in your playground.

LMAO

Both of these posts make me laugh but for totally different reasons. I love this site.

kcxiv 01-07-2015 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitchief (Post 11249526)
Are you trying to tell us that we have an average oline? What a **cking joke that is.

At least argue with a somewhat serious attempt at the facts.

nope, i said i would Rather have a good Qb and an average line then a average QB and a great line.

Its just a general statement not pertaining to the current players.

hitchief 01-07-2015 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 11249547)
lol, yeah, thats what i been saying, its possible, but its the HARDEST possible way to win a superbowl.

Yeah, that's why Seattle won last year right?

Wilson is an averge qb at best but has a #1 rushing attack and a #1 D so it is a way to win and been done plenty of times.

ThaVirus 01-07-2015 01:55 PM

Mods, can we get a permanent "JFC" change to "JFK".

"John F. Kennedy, guys! This isn't Madden, you know!"

notorious 01-07-2015 01:55 PM

As soon as Sam Mellinger hit "submit" I bet he came to CP and laughed his ass off.

JENKINSWINS 01-07-2015 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 11249552)
who the **** starts to get it? Dont even say trent, because he got it way before that, he just got hurt in St louis. Kurt Warner was in his 20's still when he was given a chance.

What Qb's got it in their 30's?

John Elway got it in the form of Terell Davis.

notorious 01-07-2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitchief (Post 11249562)

Wilson is an averge qb at best but has a #1 rushing attack and a #1 D so it is a way to win and been done plenty of times.

Jesus

****ing

Christ

kcxiv 01-07-2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

Wilson makes plays when it freaking Matters just like Flacco. When does Smith make plays when it matters? all i see in this article are a bunch of chances to make plays when it matters but failed to do so!

kcxiv 01-07-2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENKINSWINS (Post 11249565)
John Elway got it in the form of Terell Davis.

John Elway carried TERRRIBLE Broncos teams to 3 superbowls prior to finally winning it. He had it way way way before that. Its why i consider Elway one of the All Time greats. Chiefs cant even ****ing win a play off game and he went to 3 superbowls, didnt win, but at least he got there.

As Chiefs fans, we just need 1 play off win, **** a Superbowl right now.

JENKINSWINS 01-07-2015 01:59 PM

Quote:

This, if not for their defense where Wilson gave it back to the 49ers and put it on his defense to win the game, with a pass break up and interception in the end zone they would not have got the chance to defensively dominate Denver in the Super Bowl.

hitchief 01-07-2015 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 11249569)
Wilson makes plays when it freaking Matters just like Flacco. When does Smith make plays when it matters? all i see in this article are a bunch of chances to make plays when it matters but failed to do so!

Yes he does but he also has a D that would never in a million years allow a team to come back in the playoffs like our D did last year against the Colts.

ThaVirus 01-07-2015 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11249566)
John

****ing

Kennedy

FYP.

kcxiv 01-07-2015 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitchief (Post 11249584)
Yes he does but he also has a D that would never in a million years allow a team to come back in the playoffs like our D did last year against the Colts.

We had a great Defense th is year. One of THE BEST IN the NFL and Alex still couldnt get to the play offs.

No team scored 30 points in a game this year, no team threw for 300 yards passing against the Chiefs, Chiefs gave up only 3 rushing TD's all year. They had i think the best passing defense in the league, over all they were top 2 or 3. Alex failed over and over in crucial situations to make plays with guys wide open. SO yeah.

TambaBerry 01-07-2015 02:02 PM

Unbelievable that some of you still defend Smith. I mean seriously are you trolling?