ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football AFC West - 7 games left (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=288250)

Mile High Mania 11-10-2014 09:05 AM

AFC West - 7 games left

Hola - so I've taken a break from posting here for the most part and I think we're all happier. :thumb: However, going into the final stretch of 7 games with the bye weeks done, it looks like it's going to be a nice battle for the division crown.

Not much room for error, quite honestly, with each team having at least 3 difficult (in red) games in the final 7. The Chargers, in my opinion have the toughest road with the Ravens, Patriots, Denver, SF and KC. They're really going to have to turn it on to make up the 2 game gap, otherwise they're pinning their hopes on a wildcard, which is more difficult as the 3rd place divisional team ... and you have three 6 win teams in the North.

Denver and KC have the game @KC and that could mean everything. If KC can knock off SEA next week, that's a monstrous development for the race. My guess is most chalked that up as a loss, but they've been very mortal lately.

Denver has looked anything but unbeatable the last few weeks, they've played ok, but the OL is having issues - too many penalties and the defense bends and breaks on 3rd down against aggressive teams.

At some point, that could cost them a win against a Miami or Cincy.

Nice win for KC at Buffalo yesterday, good road win. At the very least, it appears right now that we have a 3-team race. Should look that way for the next 2 weeks, as I think SD can win two straight (OAK, STL). All three teams can win their next two games and then we're heading into December with quite the finish for the divisional crown.

Good luck with all that...

Broncos (7-2 overall / 3-0 Div)
Lost @ SEA and @ NEP
@ STL
MIA
@KC
BUF
@SD
@CIN
OAK

Chiefs (6-3 overall / 1-1 Div)
Lost to TEN, @ DEN and @ SFF
SEA
@OAK
DEN
@AZ
OAK
@PIT
SD

Chargers (5-4 overall / 1-2 Div)
Lost @AZ, to KC, @ DEN and @MIA
OAK
STL
@BAL
NEP
DEN
@SF
@KC

The Franchise 11-10-2014 09:07 AM

Swept the AFC East.

lcarus 11-10-2014 09:09 AM

The @Arizona game will be a difficult game

Mr. Flopnuts 11-10-2014 09:10 AM

This is actually pretty interesting. If reports are true and Palmer is done for the year, holy shit. That's a game I had us penciled to lose for sure. I don't think we can win IN Pittsburgh. If we were home, I'd say it's an easy win. The Steelers much like Seattle are different teams home and away.

That's the only game at this point I think we have no shot in. Could you ****ing imagine this team going 12-4 and taking the West? Because it's incredibly ****ing possible.

That said, we could still go 8-8 and wonder where it all went wrong again like last year. Crazy ****ing season.

keg in kc 11-10-2014 09:16 AM

I would've marked the Dolphins as a tough game, as well as ours against the Cardinals, even without Palmer.

I could see the Chargers losing to the lambs.

We really blew it by coming out so unprepared against the Titans, and then blowing what ended up being winnable games at Denver and SF. :(

May turn out in the end that we had the division right there for us, and we didn't take it. I don't think we finish 11-5, and I'm not sure 10-6 will be enough for a wild card. Still, win out at home (we absolutely HAVE to do that to get anywhere...) and find a way to take one on the road and we're there. Drop one at home and we're looking at needing 2 of 3 on the road, and that's a really tall order. Even the game in Oakland is a challenge.

Mav 11-10-2014 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11100655)
This is actually pretty interesting. If reports are true and Palmer is done for the year, holy shit. That's a game I had us penciled to lose for sure. I don't think we can win IN Pittsburgh. If we were home, I'd say it's an easy win. The Steelers much like Seattle are different teams home and away.

That's the only game at this point I think we have no shot in. Could you ****ing imagine this team going 12-4 and taking the West? Because it's incredibly ****ing possible.

That said, we could still go 8-8 and wonder where it all went wrong again like last year. Crazy ****ing season.

The Steelers are just so Bi polar. As I am sure you are noticing. Remember, this is team that lost to the Buccanneers at HOME.

they should of lost to Cleveland at home, but stomped the Colts, and the ravens in back to back weeks at home.

KC is a difficult matchup for them because they do something that the Colts, and the Ravens don't do. They get after the qb. That is what is going to be tough for the steelers.

I thought the Cardinals game would be tough. But, Alex Smith does the one thing that you have to do against the Cards. You cant turn the ball over vs them. And that was proven yesterday. That was an extremely close game until the Cardinals returned two ints for tds yesterday.

now with palmer out, I think that's a toss up.

The more I look at it now, this appears to be an 11 win team.

That is stunning.

Mav 11-10-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11100659)
I would've marked the Dolphins as a tough game, as well as ours against the Cardinals, even without Palmer.

I could see the Chargers losing to the lambs.

We really blew it by coming out so unprepared against the Titans, and then blowing what ended up being winnable games at Denver and SF. :(

May turn out in the end that we had the division right there for us, and we didn't take it. I don't think we finish 11-5, and I'm not sure 10-6 will be enough for a wild card. Still, win out at home (we absolutely HAVE to do that to get anywhere...) and find a way to take one on the road and we're there. Drop one at home and we're looking at needing 2 of 3 on the road, and that's a really tall order. Even the game in Oakland is a challenge.

I think you are being a bit narrow minded.

the Bills and dolphins are both 5-4. They play Thursday night, which will drop one of them to 11-5 giving kc a 3 game lead over them.

The Browns still have to play the Ravens, and Cinci again, they also have to travel TO buffalo, and play home to indy.

The Chargers have a murderers row of games to play.

I think at worst, the chiefs are the 5 seed. They are too consistent to say that they are going to 4-3 down the stretch. I just don't see it.

5-2 at worst.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-10-2014 09:23 AM

BTW, I'm calling my shot in this thread. Denver has absolutely lived rent free in this team's head since Peyton went there.

We're going to beat them at home.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-10-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 11100668)
I think you are being a bit narrow minded.

the Bills and dolphins are both 5-4. They play Thursday night, which will drop one of them to 11-5 giving kc a 3 game lead over them.

The Browns still have to play the Ravens, and Cinci again, they also have to travel TO buffalo, and play home to indy.

The Chargers have a murderers row of games to play.

I think at worst, the chiefs are the 5 seed. They are too consistent to say that they are going to 4-3 down the stretch. I just don't see it.

5-2 at worst.

We still have the world champ, the runner up in the SB, and 3 potential playoff teams in our last 7. We could easily go 4-3. 10-6 will get us in though with the tiebreakers we own.

RunKC 11-10-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11100670)
BTW, I'm calling my shot in this thread. Denver has absolutely lived rent free in this team's head since Peyton went there.

We were raping them the first half last year. Then Lewis, Flowers and Demps got burned.
I don't see us giving up those long passing plays like that this season.

This team is absolutely built to beat them.

Graystoke 11-10-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

Man I hope that is the case.

Mav 11-10-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11100673)
We still have the world champ, the runner up in the SB, and 3 potential playoff teams in our last 7. We could easily go 4-3. 10-6 will get us in though with the tiebreakers we own.

Eh. That is NOT the Super bowl champs. that is a good team, but they are beatable, and much like the Cardinals, they thrive on creating turnovers. Something Alex Smith just will not do. I refuse to back down off of my premise that every single game if you are going to beat the CHIEFS, you are going to take it from them. They have zero quit in them.

I don't think there is a team they play coming up that looks at the chiefs and goes, "we will win that game."

besides, you just called your shot above. You said we beat Denver, so with given that info, find me three other games we lose outside of that lol.

Im homering this bitch till the wheels fall off.

Strongside 11-10-2014 09:27 AM

Denver @ St. Louis is going to be a tougher game than you'd think. Don't be surprised if the Rams play them close or even pull out a big upset.

keg in kc 11-10-2014 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 11100668)

5-2 at worst.

Seattle and Denver are both home games which could go either way. Seattle runs the ball well and that's our only real weakness on defense. Denver we just can't seem to beat (until we finally do...). Would not shock me to lose them both. Obviously I hope that doesn't happen.

I don't think any division game is ever a foregone conclusion, so it would not surprise me to see either a split with Oakland, or SD spoiling our season in week 17. Which may well be all they're playing for by that point.

Pittsburgh is Jekyll and Hyde. That game could go either way. I think a loss is more likely than a win at this point, but anything could happen.

And Arizona isn't out of it with Stanton. They went 2-1 (beat the Giants on the road and 9ers at home) with him earlier in the year. It's probably fair to say it's more winnable now, but that game's not exactly an automatic win, either.

Personally, I'd be happy with 4-3, and thrilled with anything better than that.

lcarus 11-10-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 11100681)
Denver @ St. Louis is going to be a tougher game than you'd think. Don't be surprised if the Rams play them close or even pull out a big upset.

I'd be really really shocked

Mav 11-10-2014 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11100689)
Seattle and Denver are both home games which could go either way. Seattle runs the ball well and that's our only real weakness on defense. Denver we just can't seem to beat (until we finally do...). Would not shock me to lose them both. Obviously I hope that doesn't happen.

I don't think any division game is ever a foregone conclusion, so it would not surprise me to see either a split with Oakland, or SD spoiling our season in week 17. Which may well be all they're playing for by that point.

Pittsburgh is Jekyll and Hyde. That game could go either way. I think a loss is more likely than a win at this point, but anything could happen.

And Arizona isn't out of it with Stanton. They went 2-1 (beat the Giants on the road and 9ers at home) with him earlier in the year. It's probably fair to say it's more winnable now, but that game's not exactly an automatic win, either.

I agree with all of that, but in all honesty, this Chiefs team just finds a way to win. I never once, not one time yesterday ever said the Chiefs were going to lose that game. Not even when they went down by 10.

I knew at half time the titans game was over, I doubted they would be the 49ers and I was pretty sure they were going to lose to Denver.

It goes by week but my gut tells me right now, that Seattle is a Win. Raiders is a win, and Denver is a toss up.

RealSNR 11-10-2014 09:39 AM

...but what about the Raiders?

Mr. Flopnuts 11-10-2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 11100680)
Eh. That is NOT the Super bowl champs. that is a good team, but they are beatable, and much like the Cardinals, they thrive on creating turnovers. Something Alex Smith just will not do. I refuse to back down off of my premise that every single game if you are going to beat the CHIEFS, you are going to take it from them. They have zero quit in them.

I don't think there is a team they play coming up that looks at the chiefs and goes, "we will win that game."

besides, you just called your shot above. You said we beat Denver, so with given that info, find me three other games we lose outside of that lol.

Im homering this bitch till the wheels fall off.

Really, I'm with you. All the way. I could see us going 12-4. Legit. As a long term Chiefs fan though, I'm cautiously optimistic. This is no shot at you, but you really have no idea what it's been like as a Chiefs fan over the last 20 years. I know your team has sucked, but mine's been just good enough to let me down in January a metric **** ton. I don't have the ability to go full homer. No long term fan of this team does either. Everyone is ****ing scared in the back of their mind. Been there done that too many times...

Mr. Flopnuts 11-10-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11100689)

Personally, I'd be happy with 4-3, and thrilled with anything better than that.

Absolutely all of this.

Mav 11-10-2014 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11100707)
Really, I'm with you. All the way. I could see us going 12-4. Legit. As a long term Chiefs fan though, I'm cautiously optimistic. This is no shot at you, but you really have no idea what it's been like as a Chiefs fan over the last 20 years. I know your team has sucked, but mine's been just good enough to let me down in January a metric **** ton. I don't have the ability to go full homer. No long term fan of this team does either. Everyone is ****ing scared in the back of their mind. Been there done that too many times...

Im aware.

But I get it. IN fairness, for the past 15 years, with the exception of 2002, and 2007, im already dick deep in the nfl draft like it was new pussy.

Now the fact that the Browns, and Chiefs, are dick deep in the playoff hunt like its a Friday night fraternity toga party with slutty bitches everywhere.

Im getting my horn dog on you know what im saying.

yeah, YOU KNOW WHAT IM SAYING lol.

Ragged Robin 11-10-2014 09:54 AM

It'll be close (not just the division but the wild card too), this team can't afford to let a game or two they're "supposed to win" slide (every single loss from here on out will be huge).

Seattle will be a lot like the 9ers game, except we're playing a 5x better quarterback. I think the 0-rushing-td streak will end and the D-line will get pushed around in the run game. Sutton's D is good at preventing the big play but lets other teams sustain long drives, especially if they can run the ball. If they win the TOP like @SF and @BUF then it'll get ugly and we'll need to count on some more Reid/Alex magic at the end of the game.

sedated 11-10-2014 09:55 AM

Other divisions get the media love, but if Den, KC and SD all make the playoffs for the 2nd straight year, there should be little doubt the AFC West is one of the best.

-King- 11-10-2014 09:56 AM

We'd be the #1 seed if we beat the Titans. Damn that loss hurt.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Flopnuts 11-10-2014 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 11100711)
Im aware.

But I get it. IN fairness, for the past 15 years, with the exception of 2002, and 2007, im already dick deep in the nfl draft like it was new pussy.

Now the fact that the Browns, and Chiefs, are dick deep in the playoff hunt like its a Friday night fraternity toga party with slutty bitches everywhere.

ROFL

RealSNR 11-10-2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 11100711)
Im aware.

If the Chiefs meet the Browns in the playoffs, what will happen?

TEX 11-10-2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 11100718)
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep. THAT one is gonna haunt us all year...:banghead:

TEX 11-10-2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 11100713)
It'll be close (not just the division but the wild card too), this team can't afford to let a game or two they're "supposed to win" slide (every single loss from here on out will be huge).

Seattle will be a lot like the 9ers game, except we're playing a 5x better quarterback. I think the 0-rushing-td streak will end and the D-line will get pushed around in the run game. Sutton's D is good at preventing the big play but lets other teams sustain long drives, especially if they can run the ball. If they win the TOP like @SF and @BUF then it'll get ugly and we'll need to count on some more Reid/Alex magic at the end of the game.

Yep. Plus it's gonna be hard for KC to run the ball. Seattle is going to try and make Smith beat them. Deal is though, Seattle does make mistakes and KC needs to capitalize on every one.

Mile High Mania 11-10-2014 10:09 AM

Denver need to find a ground game, and it isn't Ball. Will be interesting to see how much more action CJ gets, definitely a RBBC and it's just not a focus for them and that needs to change.

JT, DT and Sanders need to continue being huge, especially Julius... He has 12 TDs now, could end with 20.

keg in kc 11-10-2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11100734)

The world will end. That's one of the seven signs in paul's revelation.

BigMeatballDave 11-10-2014 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 11100690)
I'd be really really shocked

I wouldn't. Rams are not nearly as bad as they were in Arrowhead, and they look tough at home.

You know that D will be up for Peyton.

Coochie liquor 11-10-2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 11100718)
Posted via Mobile Device

Denver would still be in first in our division as they have beaten us once and we would have the same record as them.

Fritz88 11-10-2014 10:34 AM

Look for SD to bounce back.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Arrowhead 11-10-2014 10:36 AM

Chargers last 5 games are downright brutal

Bob Dole 11-10-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritz88 (Post 11100783)
Look for Rivers to thrown a lot of tantrums.
Posted via Mobile Device

FYP

Mav 11-10-2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11100734)

Chiefs win. Close game, but ill take Alex and Andy over Brian, and Kyle Shanahan.

RealSNR 11-10-2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11100745)

No, that's if the Browns meet the Cardinals in the Super Bowl

TEX 11-10-2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 11100751)
Denver would still be in first in our division as they have beaten us once and we would have the same record as them.

And by virtue of better division record, but then there are different tie breakers for 3-way ties. KC over NE, NE over Den, Den over KC. moot point because the Chiefs lost to the Titans. IF there is a 3-way tie other factors will play such as best conf record, common opponent etc. I think Den and NE will be in that discussion and KC will be involved in the WC tie-breaker. But one never knows with 7 games left and only 1 game out...

Mile High Mania 11-10-2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11100749)
I wouldn't. Rams are not nearly as bad as they were in Arrowhead, and they look tough at home.

I'm sure that's the case with every defense - how could you not 'be up' for stopping that offense?

STL has the #14 overall defense.
#14 vs the pass, giving up 234 ypg / 13 TDs and only 4 INTs
#24 vs the rush, giving up 124 ypd / 9 TDs

They have faced MIN, Tampa, KC, SEA, DAL, SFF (2X), AZ, PHI...

Austin Davis hasn't been horrible, but they are far from prolific. It's in a dome, which doesn't hurt Denver at all.

ThaVirus 11-10-2014 01:04 PM

I think we match up pretty well with the Steelers.

Rain Man 11-10-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11100745)

I was about to propose that the universe will explode, but I guess it's kind of the same thing.

Mother****erJones 11-10-2014 04:41 PM

I'm liking that Andy isn't abandoning the run game. At times he needed to yesterday to try and move the ball. I'm excited for the end of this schedule, and wow was I dead wrong about this team. I'm glad. Props to this front office, coaching staff and players.

Mother****erJones 11-10-2014 04:44 PM

We really need to get Denver. I want that win so bad. I think we have a legit shot. We're due to beat that ****ing team. I'm so sick of losing to Peyton.

TEX 11-10-2014 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 11101582)
We really need to get Denver. I want that win so bad. I think we have a legit shot. We're due to beat that ****ing team. I'm so sick of losing to Peyton.

I hear ya, but it's not gonna happen without a better pass rush, Their OL gets away with murder - especially holding Tamba. Choke holds are legal it seems...:cuss:

TripleThreat 11-10-2014 04:58 PM

I don't see the broncos not finishing 14-2 to be completely honest.. I could maybe see them at the VERY least finish 12-4 bearing a KC/SD/CIn upset. And out of those 3 games I only see the possibility of 2 of those being a loss, no way they lose all 3 or any of the other games..

The real question is can we beat 12-4? most likely not since we are 6-3 and will lose to Denv more likely than not giving them the tie breaker.. We are fighting for a WC spot

Mother****erJones 11-10-2014 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 11101609)
I hear ya, but it's not gonna happen without a better pass rush, Their OL gets away with murder - especially holding Tamba. Choke holds are legal it seems...:cuss:

Man we can't get to the one who sucks the penis regardless. We just need TDs not FGs.

Mother****erJones 11-10-2014 05:04 PM

Just watching NFLN, it's not enough I get Peyton Manning rammed up my ass consistently but do I have to have his pizza rammed up my ass also?

Mav 11-10-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 11101629)
Just watching NFLN, it's not enough I get Peyton Manning rammed up my ass consistently but do I have to have his pizza rammed up my ass also?

With fritos!

bshmerlie 11-10-2014 07:15 PM

Every game we have left is winable. But the problem is being able to bring your A game for the seven weeks straight. That's tough to do.

Garcia Bronco 11-10-2014 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 11100715)
Other divisions get the media love, but if Den, KC and SD all make the playoffs for the 2nd straight year, there should be little doubt the AFC West is one of the best.

There already is no doubt.

Garcia Bronco 11-10-2014 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 11100735)
Yep. THAT one is gonna haunt us all year...:banghead:

You were the number 1 seed this time last year

Garcia Bronco 11-10-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Yes

TimeForWasp 11-11-2014 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 11100655)

We are not going to be 8 and 8 . No ****ing way.

TimeForWasp 11-11-2014 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleThreat (Post 11101619)
I don't see the broncos not finishing 14-2 to be completely honest.. I could maybe see them at the VERY least finish 12-4 bearing a KC/SD/CIn upset. And out of those 3 games I only see the possibility of 2 of those being a loss, no way they lose all 3 or any of the other games..

The real question is can we beat 12-4? most likely not since we are 6-3 and will lose to Denv more likely than not giving them the tie breaker.. We are fighting for a WC spot

We are going to beat the Donkeys at home.

TimeForWasp 11-11-2014 12:30 AM

Quote:

Pizza doesn't hurt your ass unless it is hot out of the oven. That never happens cause they can never deliver it fast enough.

TimeForWasp 11-11-2014 12:41 AM

We already played out toughest game. It wasn't the Broncos, It wasn't the Patriots, it wasn't the 49ers, It was the Bills. We got this.

Quesadilla Joe 11-11-2014 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave (Post 11100749)

Yep Denver get's everyone's best shot. Wish NE would've overlooked us like they did you guys.

Mr. Arrowhead 11-11-2014 08:22 AM

maybe Kyle Orton plays the game of his life when he goes back to Denver in week 14

Mother****erJones 11-11-2014 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 11102687)
Yep Denver get's everyone's best shot. Wish NE would've overlooked us like they did you guys.

ROFL ya they overlooked us for the Bengals right? You're so full of shit. LMAO

Mother****erJones 11-11-2014 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Herpe (Post 11102687)

They didn't overlook us. It was a MNF AFC matchup. Sorry you're butthurt you got stomped.

Mother****erJones 11-11-2014 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 11101940)
Yes

Well that pizza sucks anyways.:D

crazycoffey 11-11-2014 10:46 AM

Quote:

Not a bad call, I think the team gained confidence in Denver earlier this year and discovered how to beat them. Man, I hope you're right.

TEX 11-11-2014 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 11102838)
They didn't overlook us. It was a MNF AFC matchup. Sorry you're butthurt you got stomped.

:clap: ROFL

Mile High Mania 11-11-2014 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 11103058)
Not a bad call, I think the team gained confidence in Denver earlier this year and discovered how to beat them. Man, I hope you're right.

Anything can happen @ Arrowhead. KC owned the clock in Denver, by most accounts - that should have worked and it kept them in the game late.

That was week 2.. Sanders is much more comfortable in that offense and the defense is much more comfortable with each other. Sure, they bend/break more than I care for, but the team now is much better than week 2.

And, KC is doing really well - KC and Denver are tied at 27 with turning the ball over on offense only 8 times through 9 games, that big. KC plays mistake free and if they can do that and control the clock, they can certainly win in KC.

CoMoChief 11-11-2014 11:10 AM

Chargers have a gauntlet of death to close out their season. I seriously doubt they'll make the playoffs.

It's going to be a 2-team race in the AFCW. Can't wait to attend that SNF game against Denver. Arrowhead is going to be rockin'.

Mile High Mania 11-13-2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 11100681)

Still feeling that way with the news that Fisher is going with Shaun Hill at QB?

Mother****erJones 11-13-2014 01:24 PM

Denver will roll St. Louis

ROFL ofcourse they get rolled. Good job St. Louis

Mile High Mania 11-13-2014 01:31 PM

I think after this week, Denver will have a 2 game lead over KC and SD, tied at 6 wins. Presents the scenario below with 6 left...

Broncos (8-2 overall / 3-0 Div)
MIA
@KC
BUF
@SD
@CIN
OAK

Denver would have 8 wins and 3 "should win easy" games, putting them at 11 worst case.

Chiefs (6-4 overall / 1-1 Div)
@OAK
DEN
@AZ
OAK
@PIT
SD

KC would have 6 wins and 2 "should win easy" games, putting them at 8 worst case.

Chargers (6-4 overall / 1-2 Div)
STL
@BAL
NEP
DEN
@SF
@KC

SD would have 6 wins and 1 "should win easy" game, putting them at 7 worst case.

Obviously, KC has to beat Denver to have a chance at a divisional crown if the lose at home to SEA. Window for error is slim, really.

Mother****erJones 11-13-2014 01:42 PM

Our window is so slim. We need to win each and every week in order to have a slight chance at the division.

InChiefsHeaven 11-13-2014 02:41 PM

God, the idea of going 13-3 again makes me puke. I just hate that number...

I don't think we have to win out, but earlier someone said we need to win out at home. I agree, but that would mean beating Denver, Seattle, Raiders and Chargers. If we can do THAT...who the hell is gonna beat us, even on the road? Maybe the Cardinals...

I want to believe, and I think a wild card spot is a good bet. But it's gonna be a helluva ride...

Mile High Mania 11-13-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 11108090)
God, the idea of going 13-3 again makes me puke. I just hate that number...

I don't think we have to win out, but earlier someone said we need to win out at home. I agree, but that would mean beating Denver, Seattle, Raiders and Chargers. If we can do THAT...who the hell is gonna beat us, even on the road? Maybe the Cardinals...

I want to believe, and I think a wild card spot is a good bet. But it's gonna be a helluva ride...

Total wins don't concern me much anymore, win the division and get as many home games as you can... I've seen my team lose at home and on the road in the playoffs, I've seen them win big games at home and on the road. Whatever.

Direckshun 11-13-2014 03:04 PM

Our schedule is just brutal this year.

Our last seven games this year, other than two Oakland gimmes, are the Seahawks, the Broncos, the Cardinals, the Steelers, and the Chargers.

I tell you what. If we end up in the playoffs this year, we'll be a legit challenge to anyone. That is a ****ing gauntlet.

Mile High Mania 11-13-2014 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11108123)
Our schedule is just brutal this year.

Our last seven games this year, other than two Oakland gimmes, are the Seahawks, the Broncos, the Cardinals, the Steelers, and the Chargers.

I tell you what. If we end up in the playoffs this year, we'll be a legit challenge to anyone. That is a ****ing gauntlet.

Enh. KC got the #2 schedule, not much different than what Denver had... and Denver had the Colts, KC, Seattle, Arizona, (jets) and SanFran in the first 6 weeks ... and then SD and New England.

Randallflagg 11-13-2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

In on that. I believe the Chiefs take them at home also. These damned division games are always a toss up.

Mile High Mania 11-13-2014 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiStateNo (Post 11108129)
In on that. I believe the Chiefs take them at home also. These damned division games are always a toss up.

I didn't realize until I looked it up... Denver has won the last 5 games vs KC, with KC's last win being the 7-3 thriller in Denver to close out the 2011 season vs Tebow.

This should be a good one, KC's gonna need those WRs...

Direckshun 11-13-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 11108127)
Enh. KC got the #2 schedule, not much different than what Denver had... and Denver had the Colts, KC, Seattle, Arizona, (jets) and SanFran in the first 6 weeks ... and then SD and New England.

Not sure how this is a rebuttal to my point, but okay.

KC's schedule can't be tough... because Denver has it too?

Mile High Mania 11-13-2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11108146)
Not sure how this is a rebuttal to my point, but okay.

KC's schedule can't be tough... because Denver has it too?

Wasn't saying that ... just saying the gauntlet is what it is, Denver had their tough part already.

Direckshun 11-13-2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 11108148)
Wasn't saying that ... just saying the gauntlet is what it is, Denver had their tough part already.

That gauntlet's damn hard, is what it is.

bshmerlie 11-13-2014 04:20 PM

What would happen if we win out and we end up at 13-3 with Denver. Who would get the #1 seed? Assuming no one else was better than 13-3.

MagicHef 11-13-2014 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bshmerlie (Post 11108228)
What would happen if we win out and we end up at 13-3 with Denver. Who would get the #1 seed? Assuming no one else was better than 13-3.

Yes, KC would have the better record in common games, and would be seeded above Denver.

Wallcrawler 11-13-2014 04:41 PM

Hopefully Jamaal plays the full game against the Broncos this time. Berry as well.

Still pissed off that we put an epic 10 minute plus drive on them and got NOTHING for it because Santos couldn't handle the complexity of kicking a FG in thin air.

Best way to stop Peyton Manning is to sideline him. He gets rid of the ball too fast to bet on injury, so Reid is going to have to call his best game of the season and keep the offense on the field as much as absolutely possible.

He made some big errors in that game in Denver. Manning had already scored on drives of 80, and 90 yards against our defense. When that is happening, and happening with such ease, THERE IS NO LONGER A FIELD POSITION BATTLE.

When you have the ball on 4th and short to medium in Denver territory, you ****ing go for it and keep the offense on the field. When you stop Manning, you MUST get points and you MUST destroy the clock. Worst thing that happens if they take over on downs is he now only has to cover 60 yards to score on your D, and you'll get the ball back with a little more time than you would have had if you punted. If the D can stop them, let them stop them within the 60 yards, but don't screw yourself out of staying on the field on offense to put a long field in front of Manning if he's surgically shredding your ass multiple times anyway.

There absolutely better not be ANY of that punting for 17 yards of field position like he did in the SF game either.

Manning cant win the game from the sideline. Keep him there.