ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Another zombie show: The Returned (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278123)

Fire Me Boy! 10-30-2013 04:50 PM

Another zombie show: The Returned

On Sundance, starts tomorrow. Anyone planning to give it a shot?

NSFW (language)

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/z4UlLuUoxFY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

notorious 10-30-2013 05:44 PM

Worth a shot.

Clyde Frog 10-30-2013 05:48 PM

The overacting reminds me of world cup soccer

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-30-2013 06:27 PM

****ING SWEET!

puke.

the Talking Can 10-30-2013 07:00 PM

they need to teach her how to cuss...she'd get killed in deadwood for slandering swear words like that

Sure-Oz 10-30-2013 08:59 PM

hmm not sure...give it a shot and see if its worth watching. DVR'ing it. the chicks acting left alot to be desired

hometeam 10-30-2013 09:02 PM

DVR set

Deberg_1990 10-30-2013 09:04 PM

Looks like something they put in the Redbox machine for filler.

CrazyPhuD 10-31-2013 03:16 AM

I actually say the first couple episodes a while ago. Different concept and I liked it, I need to finish the rest and see where it went, I just didn't have time to do it.

NewChief 10-31-2013 09:36 AM

AVClub gave it an A.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-returned,104889/
Spoiler!

NewChief 10-31-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10143571)
Just inserting returns. That giant block of text was making me cross-eyed.

Fixed original.

lcarus 10-31-2013 11:31 AM

Have zombies gotten so popular now that people hate them? "I was watching zombie movies before they were cool!"

NewChief 10-31-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10143826)
Have zombies gotten so popular now that people hate them? "I was watching zombie movies before they were cool!"

They're the hipsters of the horror world.

keg in kc 10-31-2013 12:56 PM

I don't think the trailer you linked is actually what's on Sundance tonight. They're broadcasting Les Revenants (which is in French, and will be subtitled).

A&E is doing a remake, so maybe that's what this is. I'm not really sure.

Anyway, Les Revenants is supposed to be pretty good.

NewChief 10-31-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10144005)
I don't think the trailer you linked is actually what's on Sundance tonight. They're broadcasting Les Revenants (which is in French, and will be subtitled).

Yes. The Returned is an American series based off Les Revenants, I believe.

frankotank 11-04-2013 12:46 PM

well.....at first I was super turned off by the subtitles.
but man....I thought this show was really good!

at the end....the scene that started just after it said "four years ago".....I was absolutely blown away.

frankotank 11-08-2013 01:59 PM

OK....watched episode two last night.
I really try to not like anything new. I feel like I spend too much time watching shows anyways. but I can't help it. I am loving this show so far.

frankotank 11-15-2013 08:24 AM

THIS SHOW IS AWESOME!
dude! I am seriously. I'm predicting a huge following once this catches on. simply badass! is anyone watching this????

the shit that's going on is like damn! just wow!

the psycho killer. the creepy twin. (actually the non-creepy twin started freaking me out last night too!) WTF is up with Victor??? I have an idea about him...but.....I just don't know!

Spoiler!

this is like a really good book that has you thinking....now how in the blue blazes are they gonna pull this all together?

to this point I don't think it's fair to categorize this as a zombie show....but then again I don't know what the hell is going on quite yet.

Fire Me Boy! 11-15-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10188956)
THIS SHOW IS AWESOME!
dude! I am seriously. I'm predicting a huge following once this catches on. simply badass! is anyone watching this????

the shit that's going on is like damn! just wow!

the psycho killer. the creepy twin. (actually the non-creepy twin started freaking me out last night too!) WTF is up with Victor??? I have an idea about him...but.....I just don't know!

Spoiler!

this is like a really good book that has you thinking....now how in the blue blazes are they gonna pull this all together?

to this point I don't think it's fair to categorize this as a zombie show....but then again I don't know what the hell is going on quite yet.

I've got the episodes on DVR, but haven't started watching yet. Glad to see it's good. :)

frankotank 11-22-2013 08:33 AM

episode 4

so my hypothesis about victor was wrong. still not sure why he sought out the doctor lady. creepy little bastard.
the twin storyline becomes more and more intriguing.
interesting the lights went out when they did....hmmm....

still not convinced it should be categorized as a zombie show....but we still don't really know the deal quite yet.

this show is so cool. my favorite right now.

EDIT - ummm.....I just realized I'd never actually watched the trailer (what a dingbat), so I did. yup! it's a zombie show! damn. they are certainly taking their time getting to the meat. I don't believe one second of any scene from the first 4 episodes is in that trailer. which is pretty damn cool considering that the trailer looks pretty cool....and the first 4 episodes have been pretty cool as well. this is gonna be a really fun ride.

Fire Me Boy! 11-22-2013 09:36 AM

frank, what you're watching, is it subtitled? The only show I've found seems to be the original Les Revenants...

notorious 11-22-2013 09:37 AM

Please let me know when there is a marathon on.

frankotank 11-22-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10211555)
frank, what you're watching, is it subtitled? The only show I've found seems to be the original Les Revenants...

yes. subtitled. airs on sundance channel...and.....DUH! that trailer is in English.
what the hell is going on!!!

frankotank 11-22-2013 09:45 AM

I believe the trailer is for a movie called The Returned.
But the SHOW is Les Revenants. since your title says "Another Zombie Show", I would assume you meant this thread to be about the TV show not the movie?

Fire Me Boy! 11-22-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10211563)
yes. subtitled. airs on sundance channel...and.....DUH! that trailer is in English.
what the hell is going on!!!

Found a link just a few minutes ago. A&E is doing an American remake. They're gearing up for season 2 of the one you're watching.

Fire Me Boy! 11-22-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10211571)
But the SHOW is Les Revenants. since your title says "Another Zombie Show", I would assume you meant this thread to be about the TV show not the movie?

Nope, remake of the show, on A&E. I just talked about this. Pay attention.

Baby Lee 11-22-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10143553)
AVClub gave it an A.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-returned,104889/
Spoiler!

Completely different show.

The show in this thread APPEARS to be the anticipated remake of Les Revenants from France. But it bears no resemblance to the French show. Les Revenants was more moody and opaque, kind on Twin Peaks, X-Files, Lost feel, where the returned just show up and initially don't appear to even know they've been dead. They get a lot of mileage early on out of people thinking they're being haunted, when its in fact fresh and blood 'humans' appearing for them. A lot is left unexplained and it's very atmospheric.

It won an International Emmy for best drama. Many of the early episodeshad compelling twists and drama to them, but I worried towards the end that it was going to far into Lost-land where they set up a ton of shit and pay nothing off. It's a occasionally compelling mishmash of the supernatural, the mundane, and a few head scratchers.

Baby Lee 11-22-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10159316)
well.....at first I was super turned off by the subtitles.
but man....I thought this show was really good!

at the end....the scene that started just after it said "four years ago".....I was absolutely blown away.

The absolute highlight of the show was when one of the twins tapped on her sister's bedroom wall. Great setup, great payoff.

Baby Lee 11-22-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10211451)
episode 4

so my hypothesis about victor was wrong. still not sure why he sought out the doctor lady. creepy little bastard.
the twin storyline becomes more and more intriguing.
interesting the lights went out when they did....hmmm....

still not convinced it should be categorized as a zombie show....but we still don't really know the deal quite yet.

this show is so cool. my favorite right now.

EDIT - ummm.....I just realized I'd never actually watched the trailer (what a dingbat), so I did. yup! it's a zombie show! damn. they are certainly taking their time getting to the meat. I don't believe one second of any scene from the first 4 episodes is in that trailer. which is pretty damn cool considering that the trailer looks pretty cool....and the first 4 episodes have been pretty cool as well. this is gonna be a really fun ride.

Nothing in the trailer was in the entire first season.

frankotank 11-22-2013 09:51 AM

yeah this is what I'm watching.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2Z-JovCbrVQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

frankotank 11-22-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10211576)

look at the order of the posts. pay attention.

the trailer you posted looks like this movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2093270/

Fire Me Boy! 11-22-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10211589)
look at the order of the posts. pay attention.

the trailer you posted looks like this movie.

Just try to keep up, frank.

:p

Fire Me Boy! 11-22-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10211559)
Please let me know when there is a marathon on.

Yeah, I missed a couple episodes on the DVR when I didn't realize these aren't technically first airings of the show... I'll need to wait until they replay to catch eps 2 and 3, so I'm holding off until then.

frankotank 11-22-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10211595)

you sonofa!

here's what I think happened...basically this is all your fault. :LOL: you messed this thread up.
you posted a trailer to a movie called the returned and called it a tv show. AND you CLEARLY state it starts on Sundance NOT A&E. well that's what I've been watching

this is a movie (right??) the actors in the imdb link appear in the trailer you posted.

to complicate matters....A&E is coming out with a remake but it apparently hasn't aired yet?

meanwhile back at the ranch I just watched the 4th episode of les revenants last night. it is a good show.

PS - now I understand the trailers violence/horror flying in the face of the 4 episodes I've seen. not the same. at all.

Baby Lee 11-22-2013 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10211571)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10211574)
Found a link just a few minutes ago. A&E is doing an American remake. They're gearing up for season 2 of the one you're watching.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10211576)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10211595)

This appears to be the [presently empty] page for the remake. That movie in the thread header is an altogether different animal.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3230780/?ref_=nv_sr_3

Baby Lee 11-22-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10211597)
Yeah, I missed a couple episodes on the DVR when I didn't realize these aren't technically first airings of the show... I'll need to wait until they replay to catch eps 2 and 3, so I'm holding off until then.

Don't know how black and white your definition of piracy is, or how important HD is to you, but there are full episodes on youtube.

frankotank 11-22-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10211608)
This appears to be the [presently empty] page for the remake. That movie in the thread header is an altogether different animal.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3230780/?ref_=nv_sr_3

yeah!
WHAT MEOW Fire! :harumph:

regardless....fire meant well....and I'm telling you Les Revenants is well worth watching. when I watched the trailer for the first time today I was like WTF!!!
Les Revenants ain't like that at all....but it is good. I wish I could sit and watch a bunch of episodes at once. leaves you wanting more.

PS - Fires definition of piracy IS BLACK AND WHITE!

Fire Me Boy! 11-22-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10211606)
you sonofa!

here's what I think happened...basically this is all your fault. :LOL: you messed this thread up.
you posted a trailer to a movie called the returned and called it a tv show. AND you CLEARLY state it starts on Sundance NOT A&E. well that's what I've been watching

this is a movie (right??) the actors in the imdb link appear in the trailer you posted.

to complicate matters....A&E is coming out with a remake but it apparently hasn't aired yet?

meanwhile back at the ranch I just watched the 4th episode of les revenants last night. it is a good show.

PS - now I understand the trailers violence/horror flying in the face of the 4 episodes I've seen. not the same. at all.

http://wehaveartsdegrees.files.wordp.../angry-gif.gif

I posted the trailer to what I was talking about, just messed up the detail about it being on Sundance. And a "show" could be TV or movie.

This basically comes down to you not watching the trailer before you started yapping. :harumph:

Fire Me Boy! 11-22-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10211626)
yeah!
WHAT MEOW Fire! :harumph:

http://replygif.net/thumbnail/667.gif

frankotank 11-22-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10211633)
http://wehaveartsdegrees.files.wordp.../angry-gif.gif

I posted the trailer to what I was talking about, just messed up the detail about it being on Sundance. And a "show" could be TV or movie.

This basically comes down to you not watching the trailer before you started yapping. :harumph:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10141931)
"Another zombie show: The Returned"
On Sundance, starts tomorrow. Anyone planning to give it a shot?

NSFW (language)

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/z4UlLuUoxFY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh no ya don't!
I "started yapping" about THE RETURNED on SUNDANCE channel.
you quite clearly referenced a TV show...and posted a movie trailer. ROFL
(I will see that movie)

(insert pointing index finger at you smiley here) :thumb:

PS - so what is she saying in the gif?

Fire Me Boy! 11-22-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10211960)
Oh no ya don't!
I "started yapping" about THE RETURNED on SUNDANCE channel.
you quite clearly referenced a TV show...and posted a movie trailer. ROFL
(I will see that movie)

(insert pointing index finger at you smiley here) :thumb:

PS - so what is she saying in the gif?

I don't know, but she's clearly unhappy.

frankotank 11-22-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10211635)

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture...4u/EvilEye.png

frankotank 12-09-2013 01:58 PM

dudes.

this is a good show.

anybody watching this?

got to see some tittas in the last episodes. yay tittas.

Sure-Oz 12-09-2013 06:54 PM

I haven't watched it yet...but have all 6 episodes dvred

frankotank 12-10-2013 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10264224)
I haven't watched it yet...but have all 6 episodes dvred

let me know what you think.
I'm really surprised, shocked actually, that noone is talking about this.
I love it! it's not you're ordinary zombie show....not by a long shot.

Rausch 12-11-2013 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10265550)
let me know what you think.
I'm really surprised, shocked actually, that noone is talking about this.
I love it! it's not you're ordinary zombie show....not by a long shot.

I'm getting ready to watch ep 3.

The only negative (besides being french) is that even when there's action it seems to move super slow.

Saw this though.
Quote:

Red Sox fan and Maine author Stephen King (inset) has joined Twitter. By Sunday afternoon, he had more than 164,000 followers and had tweeted three times. “My first tweet. No longer a virgin. Be gentle!,” he said on Friday. His second tweet was, “On Twitter at last, and can’t think of a thing to say. Some writer I turned out to be.” On Saturday, he praised the show “The Returned,” saying, “Scary and sexy. . . . That kid Victor’s giving me nightmares.”

frankotank 12-19-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10268024)
I'm getting ready to watch ep 3.

The only negative (besides being french) is that even when there's action it seems to move super slow.

Saw this though.

yeah it's not fast, but damn it's intriguing. like the reveal about Camille and her sister.....was that not ****ing kick ass? I was like WHHHAAAAAATTT!? don't give up on it, the story just keeps getting better and better. last week was pretty wild.....like.....shit's about to get real.
I have been very pleasantly surprised at the nudity.

Victor is a creepy little freak man!

should be a new episode on tonight.....

Baby Lee 01-28-2015 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10144005)

Actual remake finally coming in March. Word is it's like the Psycho remake, word for word and as close to the French as original, except not in French.

<iframe width="628" height="353" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-B6tu3ziVJA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 01-28-2015 08:21 PM

Was there a second season of The Returned (the french one) that I missed on Sundance?

edit: apparently not, currently in production.

frankotank 03-10-2015 09:04 AM

BUMP!

OK.....so.....as I believe has been discussed, the trailer above is NOT the French version of The Returned. It is a movie that is available on Netflix (just found that out) and I'll be watching it asap.

Last night the American version of The Returned aired on A&E. I STILL have the entire first season of the French version on my DVR. I absolutely LOVE the French version. The American version is almost IDENTICAL. from the episode title, to things they say even to the reactions to certain things. it is frigging IDENTICAL! scene for scene.....it's the same.

and so.....because of that.....because I was hoping for at least a slightly different take, I am disappoint.

anybody else check this out?

Rausch 03-10-2015 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 11372798)
BUMP!

OK.....so.....as I believe has been discussed, the trailer above is NOT the French version of The Returned. It is a movie that is available on Netflix (just found that out) and I'll be watching it asap.

Last night the American version of The Returned aired on A&E. I STILL have the entire first season of the French version on my DVR. I absolutely LOVE the French version. The American version is almost IDENTICAL. from the episode title, to things they say even to the reactions to certain things. it is frigging IDENTICAL! scene for scene.....it's the same.

and so.....because of that.....because I was hoping for at least a slightly different take, I am disappoint.

I really want to see the US remake of the French version.

The movie in the trailer above wasn't bad. It had a decent story, lead actors did a decent job, there just seemed to be something missing.

3.5 of 5 stars. The perfect Netflix movie on a slow day...

frankotank 03-10-2015 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11372808)
I really want to see the US remake of the French version.

The movie in the trailer above wasn't bad. It had a decent story, lead actors did a decent job, there just seemed to be something missing.

3.5 of 5 stars. The perfect Netflix movie on a slow day...

well I'll tell ya....if you haven't seen the French version....and if they keep to the story (which last night they did VERBATIM) and do it half as well as the French did.....it'll be a fun ride.

for me....I'm already looking forward to season 2....since basically I've already seen season 1! hahaha

Rausch 03-10-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 11372854)
well I'll tell ya....if you haven't seen the French version....and if they keep to the story (which last night they did VERBATIM) and do it half as well as the French did.....it'll be a fun ride.

for me....I'm already looking forward to season 2....since basically I've already seen season 1! hahaha

I watched the French version and it was good. Two things the US version can do to make it better:
1) No french.
2) I'm not missing the full glory of some really creepy moments reading subtitles.

I doubt you'll find a kid as creepy as the little bastard in the French version though...

frankotank 03-10-2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11373035)
I watched the French version and it was good. Two things the US version can do to make it better:
1) No french.
2) I'm not missing the full glory of some really creepy moments reading subtitles.

I doubt you'll find a kid as creepy as the little bastard in the French version though...

BINGO!
He showed up last night already and I immediately thought......not as creepy as Frenchie Victor. hahaha

kcxiv 03-10-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 11372798)
BUMP!

I read on some website last night that it's going to be different as the episodes go By.

Decent first episode

Coochie liquor 03-11-2015 09:23 PM

This is supposed to be a different version of Resurrection, which was based in the foreign series mentioned earlier. Much darker version of Resurrection.

kcxiv 03-12-2015 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 11377390)
This is supposed to be a different version of Resurrection, which was based in the foreign series mentioned earlier. Much darker version of Resurrection.

firswt season of Resurrection was decent, 2nd season lost me after a few episodes. i just no longer cared to watch.

frankotank 03-12-2015 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 11377390)

this isn't resurrection. it's based of the French "The Returned". so much so that is it IDENTICAL. at least so far thru 1 episode. like I said, the title, the story, the dialogue.......pretty much identical to the french version.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-12-2015 02:48 PM

No but I like em mustard biscuits

frankotank 03-13-2015 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 11379249)
No but I like em mustard biscuits

don't reckon I got no reason to be killing anybody....mmm hmm

Rausch 06-09-2015 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 11379203)
this isn't resurrection. it's based of the French "The Returned". so much so that is it IDENTICAL. at least so far thru 1 episode. like I said, the title, the story, the dialogue.......pretty much identical to the french version.

I'm up to episode 4 now but already watched the original.

It's pretty much exactly the same. Even the locations and actors look very similar...and still good.

Was this cancelled? No one else watch it?...

frankotank 06-09-2015 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11540636)
I'm up to episode 4 now but already watched the original.

It's pretty much exactly the same. Even the locations and actors look very similar...and still good.

Was this cancelled? No one else watch it?...

bouncing around the web I don't find a good answer as to whether there will be a season two.

the whole season was identical to Les Revenants.

it's unfortunate we'll probably never get answers as to what the heck is going. Les Revenants was cancelled as well. dang it.

keg in kc 06-10-2015 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 11540738)
bouncing around the web I don't find a good answer as to whether there will be a season two.

the whole season was identical to Les Revenants.

it's unfortunate we'll probably never get answers as to what the heck is going. Les Revenants was cancelled as well. dang it.

Les Revenants was not cancelled. Season 2 is later this year.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FkwzHEYZj50" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mikeyis4dcats. 06-10-2015 01:39 PM

i tried watching, but it was so identical i got bored.

frankotank 06-10-2015 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11542913)
Les Revenants was not cancelled. Season 2 is later this year.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FkwzHEYZj50" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

COOL!
glad I was wrong!

maybe because the American version is so much the same.....but I liked Les Revenants better.