ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc I don't want to panic anyone, but Ebola may be coming to a town near you (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285305)

Skyy God 07-28-2014 11:12 AM

I don't want to panic anyone, but Ebola may be coming to a town near you

At least we won't have to slog through another 7-9 Chiefs season....

Quote:

Now there are American casualties.

Not in Gaza, and not on the ill-fated Malaysian airliner. Now there are American casualties in another war very far away so maybe, goddammit, somebody should start paying more attention to it.

Kent Brantly, 33, an American doctor who has been working in Liberia since October for the North Carolina-based aid organization Samaritan's Purse, is receiving intensive medical treatment after he was infected with Ebola, according to a spokeswoman for the group. Melissa Strickland said Brantly, who is married and has two children, was talking with his doctors and working on his computer while being treated. A second U.S. citizen, Nancy Writebol, also has tested positive for Ebola, Samaritan's Purse said. Writebol is employed by mission group SIM in Liberia and was helping a joint SIM/Samaritan's Purse team treating Ebola patients in Monrovia. Writebol is married with two children, the organization said. "Both of them tonight are in stable condition," Ken Isaacs, Samaritan Purse's vice president of programs and government relations, said Sunday. "But they are not out of the woods yet."

That's some serious Damien-at-Molokai hero stuff right there, still being at your computer while you're being treated for one of the most vicious diseases on the planet. Other medical professionals, alas, are not as lucky.

A Liberian government official said Sunday that one of that country's highest-profile doctors has died in what the World Health Organization (WHO) calls the largest recorded outbreak of the disease...The first Liberian doctor to die of the disease was identified as Samuel Brisbane. He was working as a consultant with the internal medicine unit at the country's largest hospital, the John F. Kennedy Memorial Medical Center in Monrovia. Brisbane, who once was a medical adviser to former Liberian President Charles Taylor, was taken to a treatment center on the outskirts of the capital after falling ill with Ebola and died there, said Tolbert Nyenswah, an assistant health minister. He said another doctor who had been working in Liberia's central Bong County also was being treated for Ebola at the same center where Brisbane died. <b>The situation "is getting more and more scary," Nyenswah said.

Yes, you could say that. The disease is now in both Nigeria and Liberia, and not in the backwater places any more, either, but in the capital cities. The ones with millions of people. And airports.</b>

Over the weekend, health officials in Nigeria raced to stop the spread of Ebola after a man sick with the disease arrived on a flight in Lagos, Africa's largest city with 21 million people. He later died. The man's ability to board an international flight raised new fears that other passengers could carry the disease beyond Africa because of weak passenger inspection and the fact that Ebola's initial symptoms can resemble those of other illnesses. Isaacs said in an interview that "where it gets really scary" is that the disease, which was previously seen only "in very remote, small villages in Africa" is now being contracted by people in the capital cities of Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone. "Now the disease has been introduced into the big urban areas with millions of people," he said. "In the big cities, people can get on an airplane and fly out." Isaacs does not believe this outbreak his peaked. "I think the worst is yet to come," he said. "I hope I'm wrong."

Meanwhile, the local customs aren't helping a lot, either.

Koroma, 32, a resident of the densely populated Wellington district, had been admitted to an isolation ward while blood samples were tested for the virus, said Sidi Yahya Tunis, a health ministry spokesman. The results came back on Thursday. "The family of the patient stormed the hospital and forcefully removed her and took her away," Tunis said. "We are searching for her."

Jesus save us. I don't mean to sound like a cultural imperialist -- although I seriously doubt that the people in rural Sierra Leone are acting out of what they know about the Tuskegee experiments, or what happened in Guatemala in the 1940's -- but snatching an Ebola patient out of the hospital doesn't sound like a very good way to fight the disease, family networks notwithstanding. (The purloined patient eventually died.) This thing is one airplane flight away from being an international catastrophe, but there is no boom-boom, and without boom-boom, there is no news. However, you know, Americans are getting sick now. Hey, Wolf! Over here?
http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politic...Ebola_Outbreak

Canofbier 07-28-2014 11:16 AM

"Ebola ain't nothing to **** with."

-Method Man, WHO Official

Halfcan 07-28-2014 11:17 AM

One more thing that can get you.

Donger 07-28-2014 11:19 AM

Ban Liberians.

Skyy God 07-28-2014 11:22 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1_WOR22-SnY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Discuss Thrower 07-28-2014 11:23 AM

We must make it a point that all incoming and outgoing persons should be quarantined for at least 48 hours before being allowed to travel further.

Skyy God 07-28-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10771792)
We must make it a point that all incoming and outgoing persons should be quarantined for at least 48 hours before being allowed to travel further.

From Nigeria and Liberia? Absolutely.

Eleazar 07-28-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10771792)

You can be infected by Ebola and have no symptoms for 2 weeks or more.

Skyy God 07-28-2014 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10771798)

Well, that's going to make it harder to contain.

Discuss Thrower 07-28-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 10771797)
From Nigeria and Liberia? Absolutely.

No. Every country.

The fact that there are still rich Islamist assholes out there, an increasingly evil Russia and the massive amount of yuppie idiot parents whom aren't vaccinating children anymore the USA must take active steps to insulate the country from pandemics.

Eleazar 07-28-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 10771800)

Unless there are travel bans put in place, I don't see how it will be contained.

Discuss Thrower 07-28-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10771798)

Surely there are blood tests to see if someone is a carrier.

Skyy God 07-28-2014 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10771806)
Unless there are travel bans put in place, I don't see how it will be contained.

If Ebola makes it out of Africa, instant worldwide Great Depression. ****ing deadly viruses.

Donger 07-28-2014 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10771808)
Surely there are blood tests to see if someone is a carrier.

There are enough pricks at the airport already. I don't want another one.

Discuss Thrower 07-28-2014 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10771817)
There are enough pricks at the airport already. I don't want another one.

Then don't leave the country.

ThaVirus 07-28-2014 11:33 AM

I've been saying we could use a good plague to thin the herd, but this is actually pretty scary.

Skyy God 07-28-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10771825)
I've been saying we could use a good plague to thin the herd, but this is actually pretty scary.

How do we know you're not Ebola??

Pepe Silvia 07-28-2014 11:38 AM

We're gonna get the Super AIDS.

Quick everyone to Nzoners cornfield.

rambleonthruthefog 07-28-2014 11:44 AM

Overpopulation is imminent. The culling of human population, most likely through a plague like virus, is inevitable.

Amnorix 07-28-2014 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 10771800)

Yes, but it's not infectious unless you're showing symptoms. Unfortunately, the symptoms are basically flu-like or whatever, so it's not like "HEY, CRAP, EBOLA!!" But I'm fairly confident it would be contained relatively quickly in a western country where they don't distrust doctors, insist on burying their dead (and/or digging up their graves to give ebola victims "proper" burials) and other stupidities that help ebola thrive.

Fish 07-28-2014 11:48 AM

New Study Suggests The World Is On The Brink Of The Next Great Extinction

Image: Not Safe for Work
NSFW Image

Rausch 07-28-2014 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10771832)
We're gonna get the Super AIDS.

Quick everyone to Nzoners cornfield.

LMAO

ThaVirus 07-28-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10771854)

Walking Dead style zombies, please.

No 28 Days or World War Z types.

TLO 07-28-2014 12:02 PM

Kill it with bleach and fire. Sorry Africa.

BlackHelicopters 07-28-2014 12:10 PM

Scary shit.

Kiimo 07-28-2014 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambleonthruthefog (Post 10771846)
Overpopulation is imminent. The culling of human population, most likely through a plague like virus, is inevitable.

This is always a real fun game to play unless of course one of your family members helps cull the population then it doesn't seem as fun an arrogant myopic pragmatist thing to whip out at parties.

Kidd Lex 07-28-2014 12:39 PM

Where the heck is Rainman at to chime in and give us all perspective and direction? eidntwnt2di

KC native 07-28-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 10771906)
This is always a real fun game to play unless of course one of your family members helps cull the population then it doesn't seem as fun an arrogant myopic pragmatist thing to whip out at parties.

It's fun as long as it's for the greater good.

BWillie 07-28-2014 12:42 PM

Honest to god, something needs to be done at these airports. I don't care how they have to do it, even if it means a temporarily hold on people flying out of the affected areas. The world cannot risk this thing being unleashed on the rest of the world and densely populated areas. There is whispers that Ebola is already airborne in some cases. If it mutates into a virus that is as easily caught as the common cold, it will be devastating if it gets out of Africa.

Rain Man 07-28-2014 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The God Hypothesis (Post 10771965)
Where the heck is Rainman at to chime in and give us all perspective and direction? eidntwnt2di

I'm busy building up my food and water stockpile for the inevitable in-home quarantine.

Mr. Laz 07-28-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10771971)
It's fun as long as it's for the greater good.

ok, then let's start with everyone you know and love. Not you, you get to wait until after you watch your entire family die a horrible death.

just for fun and the greater good

Mr. Laz 07-28-2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10771973)
Honest to god, something needs to be done at these airports. I don't care how they have to do it, even if it means a temporarily hold on people flying out of the affected areas. The world cannot risk this thing being unleashed on the rest of the world and densely populated areas. There is whispers that Ebola is already airborne in some cases. If it mutates into a virus that is as easily caught as the common cold, it will be devastating if it gets out of Africa.

can dogs smell the virus?

maybe a sniff test for every overseas flight?

KC native 07-28-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10771994)
ok, then let's start with everyone you know and love. Not you, you get to wait until after you watch your entire family die a horrible death.

just for fun and the greater good

My family has excellent immune systems. I'm pretty sure we'd be fine.

Everyone else is ****ed though. It was nice to know you BTW.

Mr. Laz 07-28-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10771999)

Thanks ... bye

Discuss Thrower 07-28-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

This a million times over.

Predarat 07-28-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 10771999)

You must me a member of the Schrute clan.

http://memecreator.eu/media/created/8pn102.jpg

tooge 07-28-2014 01:21 PM

yep, it's just a matter of time. Too many plants in the garden, too many fish in the pond, whatever the case may be, if you overpopulate any ecosystem, if's just a matter of time until one organism infects two, two infect four, and before you know it, the population is wiped out, save a few lucky and genetically adapted organisms.

Mr. Laz 07-28-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 10772021)
yep, it's just a matter of time. Too many plants in the garden, too many fish in the pond, whatever the case may be, if you overpopulate any ecosystem, if's just a matter of time until one organism infects two, two infect four, and before you know it, the population is wiped out, save a few lucky and genetically adapted organisms.

birth control is EVIL!!!!!!!!!

displacedinMN 07-28-2014 01:54 PM

Ebola victim was set to visit Minnesota

http://kstp.com/article/12303/?vid=5247046&v=1

GordonGekko 07-28-2014 01:59 PM

Quote:

If Ebola becomes airborne, that's game.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-28-2014 02:05 PM

Geez people overreact.

Ebola's really not that bad if you catch it in time.

I've had it three times. You get it , you bleed a little , you get over it.

Just drink plenty of fluids. chicken noodle soup helps too.

BWillie 07-28-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 10772021)

I think anybody with peanut allergies and stuff that have to carry around an epinephrine needle should just give it up. Life was trying to weed them out long ago but modern medicine has helped them keep surviving. If a peanut kills you, should you even still be here?

Fish 07-28-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10772080)
I think anybody with peanut allergies and stuff that have to carry around an epinephrine needle should just give it up. Life was trying to weed them out long ago but modern medicine has helped them keep surviving. If a peanut kills you, should you even still be here?

LMAO.......

Donger 07-28-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

My wife has developed a penis allergy. Is there any modern medicinal cure?

Skyy God 07-28-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/0O5h4enjrHw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Predarat 07-28-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

I am going to print this out and put it on the windshield of this crazy lady at my parents church. And a snickers bar. She has a peanut allergy kid and she freaks out if anybody brings anything with peanuts into the church. Its not like they are trying to feed it to her kid. Get a ****ing bubble, folks.

Skyy God 07-28-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 10772060)
Ebola victim was set to visit Minnesota

http://kstp.com/article/12303/?vid=5247046&v=1

Well that's no good.

Also, lol at Coon Rapids.

Skyy God 07-28-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 10772086)

Divorce.

Hog's Gone Fishin 07-28-2014 02:17 PM

Here are five things you should know about this virulent and often deadly infection:

What is Ebola?

Ebola, officially known as Ebola hemorrhagic fever, is a severe disease caused by the Ebola virus that was first recognized in Africa in 1976.

Early symptoms can include fever, headache, joint and muscle aches, sore throat and weakness, followed by diarrhea, vomiting and stomach pain, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In some cases, the disease causes rashes, red eyes, hiccups and internal and external bleeding, the CDC says.

Up to 90 percent of people who are infected with Ebola die from it, according to the National Institutes of Health.

Outbreaks have occurred in African countries, including the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Gabon, Sudan, the Ivory Coast, Uganda and the Republic of the Congo, the CDC says.

How is it transmitted?

Humans are not the natural hosts of the Ebola virus, and it's believed that the first person in any outbreak became infected through contact with an infected animal, the CDC says. Animals that are reported to have spread disease to humans include chimpanzees, gorillas, forest antelopes and cynomolgus monkeys, according to the World Health Organization. Once one person has become infected, the disease can spread from person to person through contact with the blood, saliva, mucus or other secretions. In the countries where Ebola has occurred, the disease is frequently spread in health care settings to workers who have had contact with patients and do not wear protective clothing or masks, the CDC says. Re-use of contaminated needles can also spread the disease.

Researchers still do not know where Ebola naturally resides. Studies have shown bats can be infected with the virus and survive without symptoms of disease, according to the WHO. Some have speculated bats play a role in maintaining the virus in nature, the WHO says.

Has there ever been an outbreak in the United States?

Ebola has not caused disease in the United States. In 1990, several researchers in Virginia and Texas became infected with a type of Ebola virus from contact with imported monkeys, the CDC says. However, the type of Ebola in these cases, now called Ebola-Reston, did not cause symptoms in humans, although it was fatal in monkeys.

Is there a cure?

No. Patients with Ebola are treated with supportive therapy, which includes balancing their fluids, maintaining their oxygen levels and blood pressure, and treating them for any complicating infections, the CDC says.

Eleazar 07-28-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 10772093)
Divorce.

That seems to cause at least short term obsession with them.

Bwana 07-28-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

The UPS man? :shrug:

Fairplay 07-28-2014 03:08 PM

It will open up more jobs and get people working.

Rain Man 07-28-2014 03:12 PM

Quote:

There is, but it involves a very large injection from a specialist in the field.

Rain Man 07-28-2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 10772152)
It will open up more jobs and get people working.

As an aside, I read that people became notably taller during the Black Plague. There were enough fewer people that everyone was able to eat more meat, and it actually manifested itself over a couple of generations in greater height. Then the population recovered and everyone got smaller again.

TribalElder 07-31-2014 09:11 PM

They are bringing a US patient infected with Ebola back to Atlanta for treatment

The stupidest shit I could imagine has now happened :suicide:

New World Order 07-31-2014 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 10772069)
If Ebola becomes airborne, that's game.

It's not an airborne virus, thank god.

What are they going to do with the doctor that was infected? There isn't a cure is there? Is the guy just going to lay in a hospital bed, isolated from others until he dies?

Bowser 07-31-2014 09:33 PM

I thought this was about the guy that posts here. I feel better now.

Ebolapox 07-31-2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 10771829)
How do we know you're not Ebola??

....... yeah........

Ebolapox 07-31-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10787725)
I thought this was about the guy that posts here. I feel better now.

Spoiler!

Bowser 07-31-2014 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 10787772)
Spoiler!

(figured that would scare you our into the open :D. Awesome news, btw. Prepare to have your world permanently rocked, in a good way)

Discuss Thrower 07-31-2014 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10787685)
It's not an airborne virus, thank god.

What are they going to do with the doctor that was infected? There isn't a cure is there? Is the guy just going to lay in a hospital bed, isolated from others until he dies?

It can go airborne.

cosmo20002 07-31-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

For many allergies they inject you with a little of the thing to which you are allergic, to build up immunity. So, there you go.
Exposing her to a variety will probably build up the immunity faster.

ThaVirus 07-31-2014 11:11 PM

Let KCNative get a crack her then. Let her get her sea legs about her..

Mr. Laz 08-02-2014 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10787659)
They are bringing a US patient infected with Ebola back to Atlanta for treatment

The stupidest shit I could imagine has now happened :suicide:

They are bringing 2 patients with Ebola back to the U.S.

:banghead:

stupid,stupid,stupid

cmh6476 08-02-2014 08:35 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>UPDATE: Plane Carrying American Ebola Patient en Route to USA... <a href="http://t.co/S8CQFdqLVx">http://t.co/S8CQFdqLVx</a></p>&mdash; DRUDGE REPORT (@DRUDGE_REPORT) <a href="https://twitter.com/DRUDGE_REPORT/statuses/495573979701080064">August 2, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Halfcan 08-02-2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 10789885)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>UPDATE: Plane Carrying American Ebola Patient en Route to USA... <a href="http://t.co/S8CQFdqLVx">http://t.co/S8CQFdqLVx</a></p>&mdash; DRUDGE REPORT (@DRUDGE_REPORT) <a href="https://twitter.com/DRUDGE_REPORT/statuses/495573979701080064">August 2, 2014</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is how a lot of the "end of the world" type movies start. Next thing you know-Apes are in control.

Mr. Laz 08-02-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10789958)
This is how a lot of the "end of the world" type movies start. Next thing you know-Apes are in control.

Yep, i don't give a shit how many safety precautions they are taking. The risks are too great, you don't bring Ebola INTO the country.

If doctors and scientist want to study and treat the patients then send them do it in some remote medical facility in a country we don't care about.

Pakistan would be a wonderful place to treat a deadly disease.

WakkaWakka 08-02-2014 10:54 AM

Pretty sure this is how The Walking Dead starts.

ThaVirus 08-02-2014 11:01 AM

Just read that there have been 1300-ish reported cases and 700-ish deaths. That's a far cry from the 90% death rate I had been reading about. Plus, you have to take into account that those cases all originated in Africa with no where near our level of awareness about the disease or medical technology.

I may be off base here, but it doesn't sound like this will wipe out any large percentage of the population.

Halfcan 08-02-2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10789969)
Yep, i don't give a shit how many safety precautions they are taking. The risks are too great, you don't bring Ebola INTO the country.

If doctors and scientist was to study and treat the patients then send them do it in some remote medical facility in a country we don't care about.

Bronco's Training Camp-would be a wonderful place to treat a deadly disease.

fyp

dmahurin 08-02-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10790031)
Just read that there have been 1300-ish reported cases and 700-ish deaths. That's a far cry from the 90% death rate I had been reading about. Plus, you have to take into account that those cases all originated in Africa with no where near our level of awareness about the disease or medical technology.

I may be off base here, but it doesn't sound like this will wipe out any large percentage of the population.

I'm far from an expert but from what I was reading about it apparently there are apparently several different strains. The way I understood it was this one had a little lower mortality rate but made up for it in its ability to infect. It traded strength for spreadability.

LiveSteam 08-02-2014 11:44 AM

Who ok-ed this? Thats what I want to know

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 08-02-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10790031)

1300 cases doesn't seem like a lot. Ebola is done for.

Rausch 08-02-2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10789958)

I can't wait.

They're easier to deal with than politicians...

ThaVirus 08-02-2014 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 10790072)
I'm far from an expert but from what I was reading about it apparently there are apparently several different strains. The way I understood it was this one had a little lower mortality rate but made up for it in its ability to infect. It traded strength for spreadability.

You're right. They said there was at least one strain that humans can catch but don't seem to be harmed by. I think they said some researchers contracted that strain from some rhesus monkeys or something.

Maybe the report I read included all cases of Ebola, not just the one that is most fatal.

Miles 08-02-2014 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 10772097)
How is it transmitted?

Humans are not the natural hosts of the Ebola virus, and it's believed that the first person in any outbreak became infected through contact with an infected animal, the CDC says. Animals that are reported to have spread disease to humans include chimpanzees, gorillas, forest antelopes and cynomolgus monkeys, according to the World Health Organization. Once one person has become infected, the disease can spread from person to person through contact with the blood, saliva, mucus or other secretions. In the countries where Ebola has occurred, the disease is frequently spread in health care settings to workers who have had contact with patients and do not wear protective clothing or masks, the CDC says. Re-use of contaminated needles can also spread the disease.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AZ0UpT7Xk4A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rasputin 08-02-2014 12:44 PM

I've seen this movie before

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AgZ5goJibn0?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dmahurin 08-02-2014 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10790111)
You're right. They said there was at least one strain that humans can catch but don't seem to be harmed by. I think they said some researchers contracted that strain from some rhesus monkeys or something.

Maybe the report I read included all cases of Ebola, not just the one that is most fatal.

If I recall right, depending on the strain it's any where from a 25% to 90% mortality rate. Which is scary considering the Spanish influenza in the teens had a 2% mortality rate.

seamonster 08-02-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10789969)

If doctors and scientist was to study and treat the patients then send them do it in some remote medical facility in a country we don't care about.

Pakistan would be a wonderful place to treat a deadly disease.

I'm not scared by ebola as much as how people in the midwest are so ****ing stupid and ignorant to modern medicine. The sheer breadth of paranoia and ignorance that exists in the US in redneck infested areas is ****ing astounding. A third world developing monkey virus that spreads when people wipe their ass with their hand isn't going to infect your grandmother, genius.

Mr. Laz 08-02-2014 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seamonster (Post 10790288)
I'm not scared by ebola as much as how people in the midwest are so ****ing stupid and ignorant to modern medicine. The sheer breadth of paranoia and ignorance that exists in the US in redneck infested areas is ****ing astounding. A third world developing monkey virus that spreads when people wipe their ass with their hand isn't going to infect your grandmother, genius.

I hit a nerve, must be from pakistan

Oh and GFY