ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late night bullshit: drafting Geno now? Almost as big a coup as getting Montana in 93 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270738)

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:04 PM

Late night bullshit: drafting Geno now? Almost as big a coup as getting Montana in 93

Andy Reid has long been capable of thinking outside the box, and his track record backs that up. But acquiring Alex Smith for two 2nds for the sole purpose of giving the #1 overall guy time to develop would be among the most ambitious ideas he's ever had.

Nonetheless, I believe the Chiefs could be shifting in that direction. They've clung to WR Dwayne Bowe, they've tagged LT Branden Albert, they're on the verge of signing CB Sean Smith to start across from Flowers, and they have reached out to DE/DT Chris Canty (and in my hypothetical, as we've all long believed, Poe's talents might be better suited at DE anyway).

So it becomes official, then: unless the Chiefs do not actually find a single starting-caliber DE, they are simply not drafting to plug a hole with the #1 overall pick. Therefore, they can simply make the pick that helps them the most in the long run -- because if there is a single pick in the NFL Draft that should be made with the long run exclusively in mind, it's the first overall.

HC Andy Reid and GM John Dorsey talked down the QBs in this draft for weeks ever since they were ushered in by team owner Clark Hunt. But that was before the Combine, which had to have been a game changer. New WRs coach David Culley was on the turf at the RCA Dome as he asked all the QBs to throw very specific passes, one after another, to the WRs he was observing. And what was supposed to be a drill to determine WR talent actually determined the QB position once and for all. Quick outs, deep post runs, back shoulder bombs... All of the QBs had some good throws, most of them had off throws, and a good number of them were just terrible. Only one QB really separated himself with Croyle-esque darts on the short throws and beautiful Rodgers-esque accuracy on the deep balls.

Every pass. "Good throw!" "Great throw!" "Now that's a pass!" With a Chiefs coach literally five feet from him, Geno hit every single pass he was asked to deliver, on rhythm. Is there any doubt Culley raved to Reid when they convened later that afternoon? It had to immediately make them reassess.

They had long known this guy was not a world beater at West Virginia. He was a machine some games but lacked the drive to will his team to victories in other games. And West Virginia's coaching staff is said to be one of the least friendly and hospitable to NFL personnel in terms of sharing in formation. But with no filter between them and Geno, they saw his tools -- he was athletic, healthy, good natured, strong, and lest there be any doubt: one hell of a passer.

While they weren't sure that this guy is the future of the Chiefs, they became more willing than ever to find out. They made an incredibly aggressive move to lock down Alex Smith so Geno could ostensibly feel zero pressure as the Chiefs staff begins to groom him, all the while Alex Smith keeps the Chiefs competitive and helps Geno's apparent need to better absorb coaching (thanks, Mariucci). They made sure that any Chiefs QB for the next five years has the best WR in team history to throw to, and locked down Albert for the year, and hopefully for years beyond. Meanwhile, they made aggressive, potentially illegal moves to fill the teams neediest positions at CB and DE.

In short, Andy Reid came to Kansas City because he knew the talent was already amazing, save for one shitty exception at the team's most important position, and he used the best leverage he had at his disposal to fix it in the short and long term.

Should Andy Reid land this pick, he will perhaps have landed the team's biggest coup since Carl Peterson traded for Joe Montana in 1993.

hometeam 03-04-2013 11:06 PM

I like this, but why 'croyle-esque'?

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:08 PM

LMAO

Mother****erJones 03-04-2013 11:09 PM

KC is on the verge of signing Sean Smith?

mcaj22 03-04-2013 11:10 PM

where is your late night Direck-shit: Why we should sign that turd CB Sean Smith

id like to crap all over that with valid points

Chief_For_Life58 03-04-2013 11:10 PM

party

Chiefs316 03-04-2013 11:11 PM

I wondered about this possible scenario myself and posted about it like 20 minuets ago. I think it is not all that crazy of an idea. Alex Smith is insurance. Reid can groom A new guy and fall back on Alex in the event he is a total bust. It may seem crazy to spend what they are on a possible back up but is it really that crazy since its the most important position on the team?

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:11 PM

There is literally NO ONE saying that Geno Smith should be a first rounder, let alone #1 overall.

You guys are living in a ****ing fantasy land.

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9465804)
I like this, but why 'croyle-esque'?

Croyle was not a great talent, but he had a beautiful dart of a short pass.

I always loved watching him plant a foot and pass. He always made shit decisions and at the time the OL was horrendous. But his arm was always a highlight.

Hammock Parties 03-04-2013 11:12 PM

Has even ONE credible news source indicated a Sean Smith signing?

We need to stay far away from that turd.

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9465811)
KC is on the verge of signing Sean Smith?

I would say that we're almost there. I believe the Vontae Davis tweet-leak was a smoking gun.

Hammock Parties 03-04-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465820)
There is literally NO ONE saying that Geno Smith should be a first rounder, let alone #1 overall.

He's been included in plenty of mock drafts as a first-round pick for weeks now.

Just today the NFL Network had him going #7 to the Cardinals.

Remove thy head from the sand.

mcaj22 03-04-2013 11:13 PM

im going to make a thread laughing in your face when we dont sign that piece of crap sean smith

mcaj22 03-04-2013 11:13 PM

LOL when you are using drunk Vontae Davis tweets as your source of NFL news credibility, you know you have it all wrong

Reaper16 03-04-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

This is the most insane post you've ever made. Ever.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9465827)
He's been included in plenty of mock drafts as a first-round pick for weeks now.

Just today the NFL Network had him going #7 to the Cardinals.

Remove thy head from the sand.

It doesn't matter what ****ing "mock" drafts have to say. The guy is NOT a first round talent.

Will someone reach for him? Sure. But it's very unlikely that he'll live up to his draft slot if he goes in the first.

****ing Matt Barkley is neck in neck with Smith and he CAN'T EVEN THROW THE FOOTBALL.

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9465812)
where is your late night Direck-shit: Why we should sign that turd CB Sean Smith

id like to crap all over that with valid points

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9465824)
Has even ONE credible news source indicated a Sean Smith signing?

We need to stay far away from that turd.

LMAO

Gotta love Chiefs fans.

Direckshun: "Acquiring a starting corner would allow us to break 30 years of misery and finally construct this team around a true, homeschooled franchise QB!"

ChiefsPlanet: "That corner sucks!"

LMAO

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9465828)
im going to make a thread laughing in your face when we dont sign that piece of crap sean smith

*scratches head*

Why?

mcaj22 03-04-2013 11:15 PM

well just the one you have a boner for in all your threads sucks, yes

there are like 20 FA CBs about to hit the market, and you could have picked any of the other 19 and been more accurate than Sean Smith, who has to be the worst out there in terms of his money demands

Canofbier 03-04-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

This thread is a bit over the top, but your first assertion there is flat-out wrong. Geno has been a first rounder to all for months, and his stock has only been rising.

RealSNR 03-04-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Oof.

Dude, I don't know if you're still in shit-slinging mode, using Chiefs Planet as a vessel to place some of that negative energy/frustration/bad juju/whatever you want to call it, but I think you know as well as anyone that this is simply a huge stretch. Like, enormous.

mcaj22 03-04-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9465833)
*scratches head*

Why?

the same reason you make threads every night saying Kansas City's answer at the CB spot is locking up Sean Smith/Chiefs are on the verge of signing Sean Smith I heard it straight from a Vontae Davis tweet!

i also

*scratch head*
ask "why?"

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9465835)
This thread is a bit over the top, but your first assertion there is flat-out wrong. Geno has been a first rounder to all for months, and his stock has only been rising.

No, his stock has not been rising.

I can link to multiple reports that say he's a second rounder in any other year.

Google is your friend.

DTLB58 03-04-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9465800)
Andy Reid has long been capable of thinking outside the box, and his track record backs that up. But acquiring Alex Smith for two 2nds for the sole purpose of giving the #1 overall guy time to develop would be among the most ambitious ideas he's ever had.

Nonetheless, I believe the Chiefs could be shifting in that direction. They've clung to WR Dwayne Bowe, they've tagged LT Branden Albert, they're on the verge of signing CB Sean Smith to start across from Flowers, and they have reached out to DE/DT Chris Canty (and in my hypothetical, as we've all long believed, Poe's talents might be better suited at DE anyway).

So it becomes official, then: unless the Chiefs do not actually find a single starting-caliber DE, they are simply not drafting to plug a hole with the #1 overall pick. Therefore, they can simply make the pick that helps them the most in the long run -- because if there is a single pick in the NFL Draft that should be made with the long run exclusively in mind, it's the first overall.

HC Andy Reid and GM John Dorsey talked down the QBs in this draft for weeks ever since they were ushered in by team owner Clark Hunt. But that was before the Combine, which had to have been a game changer. New WRs coach David Culley was on the turf at the RCA Dome as he asked all the QBs to throw very specific passes, one after another, to the WRs he was observing. And what was supposed to be a drill to determine WR talent actually determined the QB position once and for all. Quick outs, deep post runs, back shoulder bombs... All of the QBs had some good throws, most of them had off throws, and a good number of them were just terrible. Only one QB really separated himself with Croyle-esque darts on the short throws and beautiful Rodgers-esque accuracy on the deep balls.

Every pass. "Good throw!" "Great throw!" "Now that's a pass!" With a Chiefs coach literally five feet from him, Geno hit every single pass he was asked to deliver, on rhythm. Is there any doubt Culley raved to Reid when they convened later that afternoon? It had to immediately make them reassess.

They had long known this guy was not a world beater at West Virginia. He was a machine some games but lacked the drive to will his team to victories in other games. And West Virginia's coaching staff is said to be one of the least friendly and hospitable to NFL personnel in terms of sharing in formation. But with no filter between them and Geno, they saw his tools -- he was athletic, healthy, good natured, strong, and lest there be any doubt: one hell of a passer.

While they weren't sure that this guy is the future of the Chiefs, they became more willing than ever to find out. They made an incredibly aggressive move to lock down Alex Smith so Geno could ostensibly feel zero pressure as the Chiefs staff begins to groom him, all the while Alex Smith keeps the Chiefs competitive and helps Geno's apparent need to better absorb coaching (thanks, Mariucci). They made sure that any Chiefs QB for the next five years has the best WR in team history to throw to, and locked down Albert for the year, and hopefully for years beyond. Meanwhile, they made aggressive, potentially illegal moves to fill the teams neediest positions at CB and DE.

In short, Andy Reid came to Kansas City because he knew the talent was already amazing, save for one shitty exception at the team's most important position, and he used the best leverage he had at his disposal to fix it in the short and long term.

Should Andy Reid land this pick, he will perhaps have landed the team's biggest coup since Carl Peterson traded for Joe Montana in 1993.

+SHARE
By Marc Sessler

Published: February 27, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Modified: February 27, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Miami Dolphins cornerback Sean Smith is fully expected to test free agency next month, but according to Vontae Davis, his former teammate, Smith is already exploring his options.

Davis, the Indianapolis Colts' cornerback, took to Twitter to share the following Wednesday morning:

I seen my dude Sean Smith last night he said he talking to KC him & B Flowers will makes a good Duo

— Vontae Davis (@VontaeDavis23) February 27, 2013
Nobody appreciates this nugget more than the Kansas City Chiefs, who clearly are tampering if they are, indeed, talking with Smith's people. Not that they're alone in doing so.

A pair of agents told Around The League at the NFL Scouting Combine they planned to have deals verbally agreed to before the start of the March 9 negotiating period. In theory, nobody should be talking before then, but that window has been ignored. Besides, this kind of chatter between teams and agents usually proceeds without penalty.

Not surprisingly, after Davis' scoop went viral, he offered the usual (and increasingly tired) excuse:

My Twitter was Hack I did not see Sean Smith last night!!

— Vontae Davis (@VontaeDavis23) February 27, 2013
Those pesky hackers are on the rise out there. We'll find out soon enough if these smoke signals lead anywhere.

UPDATE: Smith took to Twitter on Wednesday to clarify that he has not spoken to the Chiefs. "Ok this is getting out of hand, I've never talked to any other team besides the Miami Dolphins," Smith wrote.

Smith added that he simply told Davis that their former coach, Al Harris, had been hired as the Chiefs' defensive assistant/secondary coach.

Follow Marc Sessler on Twitter @MarcSesslerNFL.

Canofbier 03-04-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465831)
It doesn't matter what ****ing "mock" drafts have to say. The guy is NOT a first round talent.

Will someone reach for him? Sure. But it's very unlikely that he'll live up to his draft slot if he goes in the first.

****ing Matt Barkley is neck in neck with Smith and he CAN'T EVEN THROW THE FOOTBALL.

You're going full-reerun here. What the **** do you thnk Barkley has been doing for the past several weeks at the IMG academy? He might not have thrown when he first arrived (and maybe he did), but I'll eat my socks if he isn't passing right now. He's explicitly said at the combine that he's been throwing on a "pitcher's count" for at least a few weeks already.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9465837)
Oof.

Dude, I don't know if you're still in shit-slinging mode, using Chiefs Planet as a vessel to place some of that negative energy/frustration/bad juju/whatever you want to call it, but I think you know as well as anyone that this is simply a huge stretch. Like, enormous.

Link to me a credible source that says Geno Smith is a first rounder, let alone worthy of #1 overall.

Please.

And furthermore, it's not "shit-slinging" if it's the truth.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9465849)
You're going full-reerun here. What the **** do you thnk Barkley has been doing for the past several weeks at the IMG academy? He might not have thrown when he first arrived (and maybe he did), but I'll eat my socks if he isn't passing right now. He's explicitly said at the combine that he's been throwing on a "pitcher's count" for at least a few weeks already.

You know what I mean. The guy won't be allowed to throw the football until March 27th in front of anyone that matters.

The guy had questionable arm strength before the injury. What makes you think it'll be better now?

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9465839)
the same reason you make threads every night saying Kansas City's answer at the CB spot is locking up Sean Smith/Chiefs are on the verge of signing Sean Smith I heard it straight from a Vontae Davis tweet!

For conversation? You'll laugh in my face for conversation?

ChiefsCountry 03-04-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465854)
You know what I mean. The guy won't be allowed to throw the football until March 27th in front of anyone that matters.

The guy had questionable arm strength before the injury. What makes you think it'll be better now?

Barkley threw for Jon Gruden.

Canofbier 03-04-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465846)
No, his stock has not been rising.

I can link to multiple reports that say he's a second rounder in any other year.

Google is your friend.

Bullshit. Find us a report of someone credible saying that his stock is falling (or that he's not a first rounder), and the other members of this forum will find to or three saying exactly the opposite. Quit trolling.

teedubya 03-04-2013 11:23 PM

I guess Direkshun has stepped away from the ledge?

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9465856)
Barkley threw for Jon Gruden.

On his show? Did that happen already? What were the results?

I *like* Barkley but I wouldn't spend the #1 overall pick on him. Even if he throws well, if he goes in the top 15, it'll be to a desperate team.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9465859)
Bullshit. Find us a report of someone credible saying that his stock is falling (or that he's not a first rounder), and the other members of this forum will find to or three saying exactly the opposite. Quit trolling.

**** you.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...t-big-board-3/

I'm hard-pressed to remember a more ho-hum group of quarterbacks headed into that draft than this year's (maybe 2000, when Chad Pennington was the only QB taken in the top 64). Smith had a chance to separate himself at the combine and, other than running a 4.59 40, failed to do so.

------------

See that big arrow, Dipshit? Which way is it pointing?

Now, go fist your hamster after you yank him out of your ass, Dumb****.

Canofbier 03-04-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465854)

Nothing. I also have no reason to believe that it will be worse. Brees had a nasty shoulder injury early in his career and I don't hear anyone whining about his arm strength now. He never had a special arm to begin with, either.

DTLB58 03-04-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9465828)

If we can coach the guy up, at least he is 6'4" not the midget CB like the 'Honeybadger'
We need CB's with this build. This is only his 5th season, all in Miami. He has time to get better especially in a new system with different coaches.

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465850)
Link to me a credible source that says Geno Smith is a first rounder, let alone worthy of #1 overall.

Please.

Define credible source.

I can name a half dozen off the top of my head. But you'll likely move the goalposts when I do.

So set your goalposts in cement now: what's a credible source, in your eyes.

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9465861)
I guess Direkshun has stepped away from the ledge?

I can neither confirm or deny. LMAO

Canofbier 03-04-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465865)
**** you.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...t-big-board-3/

I'm hard-pressed to remember a more ho-hum group of quarterbacks headed into that draft than this year's (maybe 2000, when Chad Pennington was the only QB taken in the top 64). Smith had a chance to separate himself at the combine and, other than running a 4.59 40, failed to do so.

------------

See that big arrow, Dipshit? Which way is it pointing?

Now, go fist your hamster after you yank him out of your ass, Dumb****.

And yet, the first source you find to support your point STILL has him ranked in the top 32 even BEFORE taking into account the value of his position. Admit it: you are using hyperbole for the sake of agitating other people, and your claims are based on opinions that are hardly unanimous.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9465866)
Nothing. I also have no reason to believe that it will be worse. Brees had a nasty shoulder injury early in his career and I don't hear anyone whining about his arm strength now. He never had a special arm to begin with, either.

Uh, what?

L.A. Chieffan 03-04-2013 11:29 PM

we have our franchise quarterback already. kind of a waste at this point.

RunKC 03-04-2013 11:30 PM

I'll make a bet with anyone from the Geno crowd that we don't draft him.

Loser can't post from the end of the draft until the first day of training camp.

Who's down?

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9465875)
And yet, the first source you find to support your point STILL has him ranked in the top 32 even BEFORE taking into account the value of his position. Admit it: you are using hyperbole for the sake of agitating other people, and your claims are based on opinions that are hardly unanimous.

Bullshit.

Being ranked as the 26th best prospect doesn't mean he'll go to the 26th best team.

It's likely he'll go top 15 because a team that needs a QB will likely talk themselves into taking him.

But let's not pretend he's some kind of consensus first round QB that's worthy of the #1 pick because he's not.

RealSNR 03-04-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465850)

Please.

:spock:

Pat Kirwan, Bucky Brooks, and Daniel Jeremiah in their recent big boards have Geno Smith in the top 10. Do you think they would call him a first rounder? I mean, they don't go out and SAY he's a first rounder probably because they have him going in the top 10 in their mock drafts and have him ranked in the top 10 players WITHOUT adjusting for positional value.

Do you want more? I haven't looked, but I'll bet Todd McShay will claim he's a definite first round lock as well.

Everybody except for Mel Kiper and Shawn Zobel is a far ****ing cry from "no one"

ChiefsCountry 03-04-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465862)
On his show? Did that happen already? What were the results?

I *like* Barkley but I wouldn't spend the #1 overall pick on him. Even if he throws well, if he goes in the top 15, it'll be to a desperate team.

ESPN showed it on SportsCenter. They filmed it but it doesn't air until April.

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9465875)

Basically, Dane's overplaying his hand.

Shit happens all the time in DC. It's not enough to hold an opinion, one's opinion must be the only credible opinion, opinions that differ even in the slightest are evidence of either malice or reerunation.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9465872)
Define credible source.

I can name a half dozen off the top of my head. But you'll likely move the goalposts when I do.

So set your goalposts in cement now: what's a credible source, in your eyes.

How about a national columnist that actually speaks to GM's and scouts in the NFL?

Not some dumb **** like Walter or Matt ****ing Miller.

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9465884)

Pat Kirwan, Bucky Brooks, and Daniel Jeremiah in their recent big boards have Geno Smith in the top 10. Do you think they would call him a first rounder? I mean, they don't go out and SAY he's a first rounder probably because they have him going in the top 10 in their mock drafts and have him ranked in the top 10 players WITHOUT adjusting for positional value.

Do you want more? I haven't looked, but I'll bet Todd McShay will claim he's a definite first round lock as well.

Everybody except for Mel Kiper and Shawn Zobel is a far ****ing cry from "no one"

I was going to go with Pat Kirwan, myself.

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465887)
How about a national columnist that actually speaks to GM's and scouts in the NFL?

Not some dumb **** like Walter or Matt ****ing Miller.

Yup. Pat Kirwan.

Canofbier 03-04-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465877)
Uh, what?

Brees always had strong accuracy and anticipation (the qualities that make him great today), and yet he fell to the second round in a draft that wasn't exactly stuffed with talent. I'll look for a scouting report.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9465884)

Pat Kirwin's a ****ing loser. Keep in mind, this guy oversaw personnel for the Jets when Rich Kotite was head coach and hasn't had a job in the NFL in 15+ years.

Bucky Brooks is a moron and if Jeremiah were worth a shit, he wouldn't have been unemployed with a website and a Twitter account for years before being hired by the NFL Network.

Chief_For_Life58 03-04-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9465880)
we have our franchise quarterback already. kind of a waste at this point.

who should we take at 1.1? say heyoo manti teo? we could put teo at outside linebacker and sit tamba

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9465890)
Brees always had strong accuracy and anticipation (the qualities that make him great today), and yet he fell to the second round in a draft that wasn't exactly stuffed with talent. I'll look for a scouting report.

I don't need the ****ing scouting report. As I said back in 2001, one of my best friends that was a NCAA Division I CB was getting his Masters at Purdue and said Brees was the best QB he'd ever seen. I advocated for him then and he's certainly lived up to the hype.

The ONLY reason why he went #32 overall was because people were afraid of a guy that played in a Spread.

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465892)
Pat Kirwin's a ****ing loser. Keep in mind, this guy oversaw personnel for the Jets when Rich Kotite was head coach and hasn't had a job in the NFL in 15+ years.

Bucky Brooks is a moron and if Jeremiah were worth a shit, he wouldn't have been unemployed with a website and a Twitter account for years before being hired by the NFL Network.

Goalposts: moved.

You asked for a national columnist that speaks with NFL personnel.

We gave you one.

You moved the goalposts.

If only someone could have seen that brilliant manuver coming.

Canofbier 03-04-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465883)
Bullshit.

Being ranked as the 26th best prospect doesn't mean he'll go to the 26th best team.

It's likely he'll go top 15 because a team that needs a QB will likely talk themselves into taking him.

But let's not pretend he's some kind of consensus first round QB that's worthy of the #1 pick because he's not.

We were arguing his status as a first round prospect, not his status as a first-overall pick. You're back pedaling on your claims.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9465889)
Yup. Pat Kirwan.

**** Pat Kirwan

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9465900)
We were arguing his status as a first round prospect, not his status as a first-overall pick. You're back pedaling on your claims.

Oh, **** you

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9465859)

RealSNR 03-04-2013 11:36 PM

Dane, if Geno Smith doesn't go in the first round, I'll write out a check for $1000 in the charity of your choice. You don't have to do anything except bookmark this post if you like.

And to further prove how RIDICULOUS I think it is that you would say "no one" has him worth a first round pick, I'll let you in on a little secret: giving away $1000 is not exactly a smart thing for me to do currently. I'm getting by just fine, but I don't just have $1000 lying around to throw away.

Hell, you may as well make it $100,000. Because I'm right, and I'm not going to wind up paying a single ****ing dime when draft night is over.

Chief_For_Life58 03-04-2013 11:36 PM

i say f sean smith lets bring back warfield. he would love the look of the new club level bars

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:36 PM

Christ, Dane.

Sit out a couple rounds. You're running on fumes, partner.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9465903)
Dane, if Geno Smith doesn't go in the first round, I'll write out a check for $1000 in the charity of your choice. You don't have to do anything except bookmark this post if you like.

And to further prove how RIDICULOUS I think it is that you would say "no one" has him worth a first round pick, I'll let you in on a little secret: giving away $1000 is not exactly a smart thing for me to do currently. I'm getting by just fine, but I don't just have $1000 lying around to throw away.

Hell, you may as well make it $100,000. Because I'm right, and I'm not going to wind up paying a single ****ing dime when draft night is over.

He'll go in the first round because a QB needy team will take him.

That doesn't mean that he's a consensus first rounder and this talk of him at #1 overall is Re-goddamn-diculous.

Canofbier 03-04-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465897)
I don't need the ****ing scouting report. As I said back in 2001, one of my best friends that was a NCAA Division I CB was getting his Masters at Purdue and said Brees was the best QB he'd ever seen. I advocated for him then and he's certainly lived up to the hype.

The ONLY reason why he went #32 overall was because people were afraid of a guy that played in a Spread.

Oh, so we can't reference "unqualified idiots" to support our point, but your argument is allowed to be supported by your best friend who used to play college football at an entirely different position a long time ago?

You're not even worth arguing with if your points aren't based on a real foundation.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9465905)
Christ, Dane.

Sit out a couple rounds. You're running on fumes, partner.

Riiight.

April 25th can't get here fast enough.

RealSNR 03-04-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465892)

Give me a list of "credible" names, then. According to you, not a single one of them on your special list will have Geno in their top 20. And that's adjusted for positional value. I'm being very generous by cutting that number off at 20.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9465908)
Oh, so we can't reference "unqualified idiots" to support our point, but your argument is allowed to be supported by your best friend who used to play college football at an entirely different position a long time ago?

You're not even worth arguing with if your points aren't based on a real foundation.

Hey, you dipshit mother****er, I said the same exact thing ON THIS FORUM, in 2001.

Furthermore, ****tard, YOU moved the goal posts, not me.

So shut the **** up.

penbrook 03-04-2013 11:39 PM

PFC is saying the Chiefs will go hard after Sean Smith and William Moore and possibly trade a third rounder for Jeremy Maclin which I dont see to be so bad because we get an extra third for Brandon Carr.

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465909)
Riiight.

April 25th can't get here fast enough.

You just got caught moving the goalposts.

Seriously, I mean, what are you doing in this thread? Seriously.

Canofbier 03-04-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465902)
Oh, **** you

Quote:

Two can play at that game, genius.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9465911)
Give me a list of "credible" names, then. According to you, not a single one of them on your special list will have Geno in their top 20. And that's adjusted for positional value. I'm being very generous by cutting that number off at 20.

Clark Judge
Peter King
Rick Gosselin
Adam Schefter
Jay Glazer

How's that for starters?

stevieray 03-04-2013 11:40 PM

Geno Sanchez

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9465914)
You just got caught moving the goalposts.

Seriously, I mean, what are you doing in this thread? Seriously.

What am I doing in this thread?

I'm ****ing laughing my ass off at YOU for saying it would be a "coup" for the Chiefs to draft Geno Smith at #1 overall in April.

That is ****ing ridiculous.

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9465913)
PFC is saying the Chiefs will go hard after Sean Smith and William Moore and possibly trade a third rounder for Jeremy Maclin which I dont see to be so bad because we get an extra third for Brandon Carr.

Well PFC nailed Alex Smith.

They deserve some benefit of the doubt, at least.

I'm not in favor of trading a third for Maclin, however. But c'est le vie.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-04-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9465832)
LMAO

Gotta love Chiefs fans.

Direckshun: "Acquiring a starting corner would allow us to break 30 years of misery and finally construct this team around a true, homeschooled franchise QB!"

ChiefsPlanet: "That corner sucks!"

LMAO

Dude, we could sign Leon Sandcastle to line up across from Flowers for all I give a ****. ALL IN for OP premise.
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR 03-04-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465907)
He'll go in the first round because a QB needy team will take him.

That doesn't mean that he's a consensus first rounder

I'll betcha 95% of draft gurus out there would say Geno is worth a first round pick. Either early, middle, or late, it doesn't matter.

That's consensus, dude. It's the same shit with Mark Sanchez. Not everybody liked him, but the overwhelming majority said a team in the first round should take him. It turns out one team traded UP to go get him.

That's consensus first round.

Geno Smith is a consensus first round pick.

Why am I even ****ing arguing with you? You don't actually mean any of this shit you're saying.

Hope you blow off the steam you need to, bree.

Canofbier 03-04-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465912)
Hey, you dipshit mother****er, I said the same exact thing ON THIS FORUM, in 2001.

Furthermore, ****tard, YOU moved the goal posts, not me.

So shut the **** up.

You can swear at me and redirect your arguments all you want, Dane, but it doesn't make you correct.

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 9465919)
Geno Sanchez

Pretty much.

I wanted Sanchez in 2009 over Cassel. As it turned out, it was a wash, if that.

But I wasn't obsessed with the guy, making post after post about him for 7 months before draft. As a matter of fact, I didn't post about him until he made it official in January.

The obsession with Geno Smith is utterly ridiculous. It's as if the guy is Joe Montana, Steve Young and Terry Bradshaw wrapped into one untouchable and infallible player.

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465920)
What am I doing in this thread?

I'm ****ing laughing my ass off at YOU for saying it would be a "coup" for the Chiefs to draft Geno Smith at #1 overall in April.

That is ****ing ridiculous.

And to defend that claim, you've buttressed your argument with a claim that we pretty easily rebutted (i.e. that NFL personnel-communicating columnists disagree unanimously about Geno Smith being a first rounder).

When confronted with that, you moved the goalposts to weasil out of the trap you laid for yourself.

Sigh.

It's pretty transparent that you're just wigging out to blow off some steam.

mcaj22 03-04-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9465871)
If we can coach the guy up, at least he is 6'4" not the midget CB like the 'Honeybadger'
We need CB's with this build. This is only his 5th season, all in Miami. He has time to get better especially in a new system with different coaches.

i heard this last year with Stanford Routt, how did that turd work out

i heard this with Jalil Brown and Dequan Menzie too. More turds

you either splurge for a CB that already HAS THE TALENT/SHOWN THE TALENT or sign a veteran that is on the downswing CHEAPLY as a stop gap or you draft your own CB to groom or bring in a bunch of UDFA and hope one sticks (GB is notorious for this). You dont overpay for a young CB coming off his rookie contract that the current team and fanbase hates with tons of red flags and awful analytical and production numbers and say "we can coach him/fix him"

you cant fix that. you cant fix his attitude. he is what he is, overrated garbage that will be overpaid by a very stupid team, and I hope that team is not us

DaneMcCloud 03-04-2013 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canofbier (Post 9465925)
You can swear at me and redirect your arguments all you want, Dane, but it doesn't make you correct.

**** you.

I proved my point to you, then you moved the goal post. Then you said that Drew Brees had a questionable arm (which is horseshit) and failed to prove it.

I kicked your stupid pathetic ass.

Direckshun 03-04-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9465929)
The obsession with Geno Smith is utterly ridiculous. It's as if the guy is Joe Montana, Steve Young and Terry Bradshaw wrapped into one untouchable and infallible player.

And you've topped off an oustanding performance in this thread with a strawman fallacy.

All in all, this is just a masterful command of discourse on display from Mr. DaneMcCloud.

penbrook 03-04-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9465921)
Well PFC nailed Alex Smith.

They deserve some benefit of the doubt, at least.

I'm not in favor of trading a third for Maclin, however. But c'est le vie.

They were the first ones to break Bowes contract #s which are what is identical to what is reported.

Also first ones to say B Albert will not hit free agency when everyone else thought he would.