ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Jayice Pearson commentator (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=168886)

Phobia 08-30-2007 08:58 PM

Jayice Pearson commentator

I've heard dozens of criticisms of Jayice on this board over the years. I don't think I've heard anybody give him praise. I actually enjoy his commentary. He's the anti-Madden, giving plenty of technical discussion about the game, especially in the defensive secondary which is obviously his specialty. I like the guy.

Sure-Oz 08-30-2007 08:59 PM

I've always liked his commentating as well, i never knew people bitched about him.

Ceej 08-30-2007 09:01 PM

I never enjoyed his commentary. He criticizes non-stop. I very rarely caught anything somewhat positive - excluding Colquitt praise, which is deserved. I really have no reason for this, but I think he's a douchebag.

And how do the hell do you get Jay-C out of Jayice? Dumb.

KcMizzou 08-30-2007 09:02 PM

He was just begging for the Chiefs to run a little pump and go off that quick slant.

"Come on! Let them have a little fun! I guarantee a big play!"

Sure-Oz 08-30-2007 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles
I never enjoyed his commentary. He criticizes non-stop. I very rarely caught anything somewhat positive - excluding Colquitt praise, which is deserved. I really have no reason for this, but I think he's a douchebag.

Are you watching the same team I am, cause there is nothing out there that has been good, other than Colquitt.

Ceej 08-30-2007 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz
Are you watching the same team I am, cause there is nothing out there that has been good, other than Colquitt.

Doesn't mean he has to constantly criticize and be negative? I saw some things out there tonight which were positive. I guess you overlooked them.

Sure-Oz 08-30-2007 09:05 PM

Quote:

Doesn't mean he has to constantly criticize and be negative? I saw some things out there tonight which were positive. I guess you overlooked them.

we made a fg, derrick ross looked real good, and sippio caught a few passes and carried defenders. The defense got shredded and held up the second half, scrub to scrub. Anything else i missed?

Ceej 08-30-2007 09:07 PM

Quote:

we made a fg, derrick ross looked real good, and sippio caught a few passes and carried defenders. The defense got shredded and held up the second half, scrub to scrub. Anything else i missed?

I think you got it. But, my point was to reiterate positive aspects from a horrible game. Something Pearson decided not to comment on. But, make no doubts about it, I would much rather have Pearson then Randy Cross.

Sure-Oz 08-30-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

I think you got it. But, my point was to reiterate positive aspects from a horrible game. Something Pearson decided not to comment on. But, make no doubts about it, I would much rather have Pearson then Randy Cross.

I concur.

It's been a very disappointing pre-season to say the least, in the past ive seen him say good things, even len dawson has been disgusted thoroughly by our play on the radio.

Ceej 08-30-2007 09:12 PM

I agree. Horrible offseason. But, I'm the type of person to try and point out the positive aspects first and foremost before pointing out the constant negatives.

boogblaster 08-30-2007 09:13 PM

He's damn sure better watching than he was playing.....

Phobia 08-30-2007 09:21 PM

Quote:

I've heard him praise about equally. He's drooled all over Wilkerson and Ross most the night. I think he's a little more critical of DBs. I think that's to be expected.

BigRock 08-30-2007 09:23 PM

He does have a tendancy to focus more on what a player or unit did wrong on a play than what the other side did right. I've noticed that in his regular season work. But I've never really thought of it as a negative. And it would be especially useful in the preseason when he's really just analyzing one particular side.

The biggest problem I have with the KC TV team is that they're awful about reporting on the subs. They'll talk about certain guys being in the game, and then a few plays later they'll call Benny Sapp or somebody making a tackle. And it's like "when did Sapp come in?".

Not every preseason broadcast team is great at that, but some are right on top of every substitution. The KC guys should work on that.

Ceej 08-30-2007 09:27 PM

Something that bothers me about KC broadcasts are those stupid ****ing Wendy's commercials.

KcMizzou 08-30-2007 09:28 PM

I'm more annoyed by the horrible picture quality.

Extra Point 08-30-2007 09:41 PM

I've always like Jayice Pearson. He worked his way from Metro Sports into Fox national broadcasts. I wish him the best.

He couldn't have read the defense better for the slant and go.

Splat420 08-30-2007 09:43 PM

Quote:

Jimmy Wilkerson.

KcMizzou 08-30-2007 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splat420
Jimmy Wilkerson.

True. Wilkerson's been a bright spot.

Mama Hip Rockets 08-31-2007 11:53 AM

he says "this is very vanilla" a lot.

DaKCMan AP 08-31-2007 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
He was just begging for the Chiefs to run a little pump and go off that quick slant.

Lenny was saying the exact same thing on the radio: "Now that you have them working on the quick slant, this would be the perfect time to run a pump and go."

kcxiv 08-31-2007 12:04 PM

Pearson is a good commentator. Plus he has the voice for it. I dont mind critisizing they need it. Hell Len Dawson does it alot as well. The Chiefs really had nothing positive going on during the preseason games.

jidar 08-31-2007 12:08 PM

I like him, he's good imo.

htismaqe 08-31-2007 12:13 PM

I think he does a pretty good job.

Wile_E_Coyote 08-31-2007 12:16 PM

I like Pearson in the booth, Baldie on the sideline & Dannon Huges in the studio

Phobia 08-31-2007 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wile_E_Coyote
I like Pearson in the booth, Baldie on the sideline & Dannon Huges in the studio

Danan Hughes. Danan is a quality guy. He's one of the nicest and most humble former Chiefs I've met. I wouldn't say we're real tight but we're becoming friends. He's a really committed family man and a believer in Christ.

Calcountry 08-31-2007 01:52 PM

Quote:

:shrug: Probably the same way you get "shawn" out of Chone.

Extra Point 10-03-2007 06:56 PM

Bump for props to Jayice/JC. Saw him this week on Metro Sports with Lisec. This guy deserves what he's getting, and that's a major shot at nationwide broadcasting.

ZootedGranny 10-03-2007 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou

A month later and I'm still begging them to run the sluggo.

Either they've ran it and just not thrown it, or they're saving it for when they need it most. As much as they throw the slant, it's bound to be open.

Hammock Parties 10-03-2007 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny
A month later and I'm still begging them to run the sluggo.

Either they've ran it and just not thrown it, or they're saving it for when they need it most. As much as they throw the slant, it's bound to be open.

I was gonna use this in a column a week or two ago...good point. I'd love to see us run the sluggo. Bowe would rape good.

jidar 10-03-2007 07:12 PM

I understand people not liking him because he can come across as negative, but he also has a depth of knowledge and is good at explaining it in a way most people can follow. I think he's a pretty good commentator.

Rain Man 10-03-2007 07:37 PM

I don't really notice Jayice, which means that I like him. A good announcer should add information without distracting from the game, and I think he does that.

Hammock Parties 10-03-2007 07:38 PM

I stood right next to Jayice in Mankato!!!

Frazod 10-03-2007 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
I don't really notice Jayice, which means that I like him. A good announcer should add information without distracting from the game, and I think he does that.

100% agree. I wish Pearson called all of our games.

milkman 10-03-2007 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE

Did you rub one out?

Zebedee DuBois 10-03-2007 07:55 PM

His cast on some of the pre-season games can be a bit raggity, but I've enjoyed his regular season games as much as any announcer.

Rain Man 10-03-2007 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE

Did he ask for your autograph?

Hammock Parties 10-03-2007 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
Did he ask for your autograph?

I think he was scared.

Ralphy Boy 10-03-2007 08:34 PM

I think he's pretty good. I used to see him at Summit Fitness in Lee's Summit and he's a pretty nice guy from what little interaction I had with him.
It's funny to me how small some NFL football players seem in person. He's not small, but having watched football since I was a little kid, I used to think these men were all giants. Today when I see a game on television, I somehow still see them that way.

Thru the eyes of a child I guess.

Well except for JJ Moses & Dante. Never looked at those little bastards as anything other than midgets.

gblowfish 10-03-2007 08:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Have you ever seen Jay-Ice and Harris Faulkner at the same time?

Weird, huh?

BigRedChief 10-03-2007 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralphy Boy
I think he's pretty good. I used to see him at Summit Fitness in Lee's Summit and he's a pretty nice guy from what little interaction I had with him.

My baseball team had the batting cages for 3 straight years at the same time his kids basketball team had practice in the gym. We talked a lot about motivating players etc. Genuinely a nice guy.

007 10-03-2007 10:50 PM

I just hate hearing him say "He got contain."

cdcox 10-05-2007 10:48 PM

How about a Kevin Harlan and Jayice Pearson team? That would rock.

KcMizzou 10-05-2007 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox
How about a Kevin Harlan and Jayice Pearson team? That would rock.

Hell yes.

elvomito 10-05-2007 10:50 PM

I'd rather hear Dick Vermiel over all of them. I thought he did a very good job last year during the raiders game.

cdcox 10-05-2007 10:52 PM

Agree on Vermiel. I like Jaws, too.

Madden was actually good a long time ago, before it became a schtick.

Halfcan 10-05-2007 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
I've heard dozens of criticisms of Jayice on this board over the years. I don't think I've heard anybody give him praise. I actually enjoy his commentary. He's the anti-Madden, giving plenty of technical discussion about the game, especially in the defensive secondary which is obviously his specialty. I like the guy.

JC is MR. Cliche-he says every worn out phrase in the book. Along with stating the obvious on every play-makes him very annoying.

Fishpicker 10-06-2007 12:06 AM

I like Jayice and Danan Hughes. I think they are significantly better than the lame mooks they are seated next to.

At least J.P & D.H. attempt to be critical every once in a while.

elvomito 10-06-2007 01:48 AM

what about baldinger and the offensa and defensa lines?

kcxiv 10-06-2007 01:51 AM

Baldinger is pretty cool. Him and Sterling are ok.

shyguyms 10-06-2007 03:17 AM

Quote:

Thats Easy!!

J.c. Pearson
Jayice Pearson
Position: CB/S
Height: 5' 11'' Weight: 187
Born: 8/17/1963,
High School: El Camino (Oceanside, CA)
College: University of Washington, California State Polytechnic University, Fullerton College

MahiMike 10-06-2007 06:34 AM

Jayice is a dude? What a bundle of sticks name...lol