ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Too Bad (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306675)

MahiMike 03-17-2017 01:29 PM

Too Bad

We lost out on the Geno Smith sweepstakes again.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...th-the-giants/

Quarterback Geno Smith will sign with the Giants, ESPN reported Friday.

Smith, 26, started one game for the Jets last season but suffered a torn ACL during that game. He lost his starting job before the 2015 season after the now infamous punch thrown by then-teammate I.K. Enemkpali. Smith started all 16 games as a rookie in 2013 and started 13 games in 2014 for the Jets.

Smith visited the Giants last weekend. There were rumors that other teams had shown interest, but as long as Smith passes a physical he’ll sign with the Giants.

The Giants also agreed to a deal with quarterback Josh Johnson on Friday. Smith suffered the torn ACL last October, and it’s unclear if he’ll be ready to compete for a roster spot at the beginning of training camp.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-17-2017 01:34 PM

Johnny Manziel still availabe

Bwana 03-17-2017 01:45 PM

Geno Smith ROFL

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/191p...f/original.gif

Rain Man 03-17-2017 02:28 PM

It's too bad we don't have a high enough draft pick to trade for him.

oldman 03-17-2017 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12787414)
It's too bad we don't have a high enough draft pick to trade for him.

We could dump Smith and compete for that #1.1 next year!!!!

Baby Lee 03-17-2017 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 12787452)
We could dump Smith and compete for that #1.1 next year!!!!

Damn it TIGER!!!

ANOTHER Alex thread?!?!?!?

Hammock Parties 03-17-2017 04:19 PM

He could flourish with the right coaching.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-17-2017 04:24 PM

Geno>>>Alex.

If Geno bombed, you could cut ties and draft a better prospect. With Alex, you're stuck with a middling albatross guaranteed to keep you in purgatory.

Kman34 03-17-2017 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12787568)

ROFL.....seriously...ROFL

MahiMike 03-17-2017 05:38 PM

I guess the Giants were doing too well in FA. They needed a cancer in their locker room.

TLO 03-17-2017 07:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 12787577)
Geno>>>Alex.

If Geno bombed, you could cut ties and draft a better prospect. With Alex, you're stuck with a middling albatross guaranteed to keep you in purgatory.

:facepalm:

Sandy Vagina 03-17-2017 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 12787812)
:facepalm:

Hahahaha!!! it's pure GOLD. :)

http://cdn2.crushable.com/wp-content...OB-Michael.gif

GloryDayz 03-17-2017 10:03 PM

Let's face it folks, our only chance to get a QBOTF is to draft another lineman and he choose to have a sex change operation of sorts.

TLO 03-17-2017 10:57 PM

I can't wait till we draft a first or second round QB this year. I genuinely think it's going to happen.

TLO 03-17-2017 10:58 PM

That being said - a thousand LOL's to the people who wanted Geno first overall.

threebag 03-17-2017 11:04 PM

Geno Smith love is like a first class ticket on the shit for brains express.

Lonewolf Ed 03-18-2017 01:31 AM

I am just glad Geno will be on someone else's IR roster. Poor guy is just so fragile. I admit, I was high on him watching some of his play in college, but I am not too proud to say I was wrong.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-18-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 12788051)
That being said - a thousand LOL's to the people who wanted Geno first overall.

Yeah, choosing Smith was soooooooooooo much better.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-18-2017 09:05 AM

Geno, Clausen at 5, Marky Baywatch...stay away from CP YouTube highlight reel evaluated QBs

GloryDayz 03-18-2017 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 12788050)
I can't wait till we draft a first or second round QB this year. I genuinely think it's going to happen.

All we can do is hope that Clark's hearing our revolt and decides to, for once, defy the family creed.

J Diddy 03-18-2017 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 12787577)
Geno>>>Alex.

Why couldn't you cut ties with Alex and draft a better prospect? I'm sure that's what they would have done had Alex dropped Geno type numbers and played 3 games in the last 2 years.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-18-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 12788233)
Why couldn't you cut ties with Alex and draft a better prospect? I'm sure that's what they would have done had Alex dropped Geno type numbers and played 3 games in the last 2 years.

I'm glad you're sure, because I am not.

Andy is clearly another "ride and die" personality in the same mold as Peeholi. Hell, he's a god awful game day coach and his WCO variant sucks balls.

If Andy and Alex are tied at the hip( and I'm starting to REALLY hope that they are ), then the inevitable catastrophe/collapse in Smith's playing needs to get here sooner rather than later.

**** both of those clowns. And **** Reid for being another lazy-assed, paycheck-collecting head coach who won't develop a high-round QB prospect because it's "inconvenient" for him at this stage of his career.

I hated the hire of that fat one who sucks the penis from day one, and he has done nothing to change my outlook. The Chiefs organization/ownership are just completely lazy and unimaginative.

SAUTO 03-18-2017 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 12788396)

Andy is clearly another "ride and die" personality in the same mold as Peeholi. Hell, he's a god awful game day coach and his WCO variant sucks balls.

If Andy and Alex are tied at the hip( and I'm starting to REALLY hope that they are ), then the inevitable catastrophe/collapse in Smith's playing needs to get here sooner rather than later.

**** both of those clowns. And **** Reid for being another lazy-assed, paycheck-collecting head coach who won't develop a high-round QB prospect because it's "inconvenient" for him at this stage of his career.

I hated the hire of that fat one who sucks the penis from day one, and he has done nothing to change my outlook. The Chiefs organization/ownership are just completely lazy and unimaginative.

:shake:

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-18-2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12788397)
:shake:

Shake your head today all you please, but I absolutely, 1000% guarantee you that the passage of time will proclaim me correct.

lewdog 03-18-2017 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 12788396)

Your football takes were better when you pretended not to care about the Chiefs.

Otter 03-18-2017 02:36 PM

Quote:

Would that be God to have to build up that dumpster fire geno who couldn't show maturity on national television on draft day because he wasn't getting his way? </br></br> He's a L-O-S-E-R!!!</br></br>Is "ASS11" goat boys latest attempt to weasel his way in thru the back door? I guess I get why you like a fellow loser goatsie.

RealSNR 03-18-2017 02:51 PM

Thank God we didn't draft Geno. We could have wound up with an ineffective QB whose defense and special teams has to do all the work to win games.

Bwana 03-18-2017 03:25 PM

https://i.makeagif.com/media/8-12-2015/9M3QUh.gif

LoneWolf 03-18-2017 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12788456)
Thank God we didn't draft Geno. We could have wound up with an ineffective QB whose defense and special teams has to do all the work to win games.

Do you think KC makes the playoffs last season with Geno at QB? What about the 2015 season?

HemiEd 03-18-2017 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 12788537)
Do you think KC makes the playoffs last season with Geno at QB? What about the 2015 season?

Yeah for making the playoffs!!!!!!!!! At least it is something.

BigCatDaddy 03-18-2017 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 12788638)
Yeah for making the playoffs!!!!!!!!! At least it is something.

Get your season tickets now!

Hammock Parties 03-18-2017 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 12788447)
Would that be God to have to build up that dumpster fire geno who couldn't show maturity on national television on draft day because he wasn't getting his way? </br></br> He's a L-O-S-E-R!!!</br></br>Is "ASS11" goat boys latest attempt to weasel his way in thru the back door? I guess I get why you like a fellow loser goatsie.

Would you chill the **** out, homie? I've been unbanned for months.

RealSNR 03-18-2017 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 12788537)

Sure. Why not? Reid has turned Smith into a dumb**** one-read QB. Any asshole can do it as long as he has short-midrange accuracy, which is something even Geno's worst detractors can't deny that he possesses.

Does Geno win as many regular season games as Alex? Probably not. Does he make the playoffs? Probably, I'd guess. It's tough to say. The team would look so radically different if we had spent our #1 overall on a QB in 2013. And Geno would more than likely be a much different player as well.

My point is that a fan of a team with Alex Smith as the QB has precisely zero room to be proud of avoiding a bust QB.

1. There are a shit ton of bust QBs and very few hits. To be glad about one specific bust QB is kind of bizarre when that dude is part of the 90-95% of total QBs who become busts.

2. Being glad that you didn't draft a QB is a stupid thing to be glad about in the first place. It's like seeing your friend pick up this hot chick that you wanted to hit on but didn't have the balls to do so, and then when he brings her home and she's got his phone number, he tells you a week later that she's actually ****ing psycho and totally messed up in the head. Yeah, real great that you didn't go out with the psycho hot chick. Who needs that when you can be satisfied it didn't happen to you while you go home to your roommate Alex Smith who didn't unload the goddamn dishwasher again and whose dog took a giant steamy shit on your pillow.

JimNasium 03-18-2017 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASS11 (Post 12788693)
Would you chill the **** out, homie? I've been unbanned for months.

It's only a matter of time before you go away on a vacation again. This is a much better place without you. Please go away.

threebag 03-18-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimNasium (Post 12788760)
It's only a matter of time before you go away on a vacation again. This is a much better place without you. Please go away.

True That

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-18-2017 09:12 PM

"Too bad" is a great name for this thread.

You don't like the anti-Alex/pro QB mafia?

Too bad.

PHOG 03-18-2017 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12788745)
Sure. Why not? Reid has turned Smith into a dumb**** one-read QB. Any asshole can do it as long as he has short-midrange accuracy, which is something even Geno's worst detractors can't deny that he possesses.

Does Geno win as many regular season games as Alex? Probably not. Does he make the playoffs? Probably, I'd guess. It's tough to say. The team would look so radically different if we had spent our #1 overall on a QB in 2013. And Geno would more than likely be a much different player as well.

My point is that a fan of a team with Alex Smith as the QB has precisely zero room to be proud of avoiding a bust QB.

1. There are a shit ton of bust QBs and very few hits. To be glad about one specific bust QB is kind of bizarre when that dude is part of the 90-95% of total QBs who become busts.

2. Being glad that you didn't draft a QB is a stupid thing to be glad about in the first place. It's like seeing your friend pick up this hot chick that you wanted to hit on but didn't have the balls to do so, and then when he brings her home and she's got his phone number, he tells you a week later that she's actually ****ing psycho and totally messed up in the head. Yeah, real great that you didn't go out with the psycho hot chick. Who needs that when you can be satisfied it didn't happen to you while you go home to your roommate Alex Smith who didn't unload the goddamn dishwasher again and whose dog took a giant steamy shit on your pillow.

Pint 1 is cool. Point 2 is kind of had to follow, but I've been drinking all night so ther's that.