ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Da'Rick Rodgers Released (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292990)

DaneMcCloud 06-16-2015 09:44 AM

Da'Rick Rodgers Released

Chiefs release WR Da'Rick Rogers
Adam Teicher, ESPN Staff Writer

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Talented but troubled wide receiver Da'Rick Rogers was released by the Kansas City Chiefs just hours before they were to begin their mandatory minicamp. Da'Rick Rogers has caught only 14 passes for 192 yards and two touchdowns during his NFL career.

Rogers, 23, was one of the SEC's best wide receivers in 2011, when he caught 67 passes for more than 1,000 yards and scored nine touchdowns for Tennessee. But he was subsequently thrown off the team for disciplinary problems and transferred to Tennessee Tech.

Rogers has been unable to make it in the NFL. He signed with the Chiefs, his third NFL team, in January but hadn't been impressive during offseason practice. The Chiefs also may have felt comfortable releasing Rogers because of the emergence of rookie wide receiver Chris Conley, who has played well in practice.

Rogers pleaded guilty in May in Indianapolis to resolve a 2014 DUI case. He was sentenced to one day in jail and six months of probation.

The Chiefs also released offensive lineman Kelvin Palmer, who recently signed as a free agent, and signed offensive lineman Tavon Rooks of Kansas State.

BossChief 06-16-2015 09:45 AM

Tribal Warfare wept

It's a shame when guys have all the talent in the world, but don't put in the effort.

Baldwin, Rogers and Jenkins had potential to be NFL weapons, but didn't put in the work.

BigChiefFan 06-16-2015 09:46 AM

We hardly knew ya.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-16-2015 09:47 AM

Nooooooooooo

Mr. Laz 06-16-2015 09:47 AM

must be a complete idiot

RunKC 06-16-2015 09:48 AM

Chris Conley will take all his reps. Straight took his job.

Maclin
Avant
Wilson
Conley
DAT

Let's roll

alpha_omega 06-16-2015 09:48 AM

Somewhat surprising...at least this early anyway.

Perineum Ripper 06-16-2015 09:51 AM

http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/fan_shot_ima...nking_ship.jpg

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-16-2015 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11551204)

Maclin
Avant
Wilson
Conley
DAT

Let's roll

Avant sucks so bad:(

Predarat 06-16-2015 09:59 AM

From jail or the team? Oops DDA on me, should have read more than the headline.

BossChief 06-16-2015 10:00 AM

Andy Reid was listing off things on Friday of what it takes to play receiver in this offense as a younger player and seemed to make one of the points with a different tone. Said he will need to know his job because they expect their receivers to know their responsibilities and most importantly, know where to line up. And he smiled when he said that...

I find it interesting that they cut Rogers the Tuesday after him emphasizing that point.

Last year, Bowe had to be directed by Alex on more than just a few occasions on where to line up (I pointed this out often) and was cut in the offseason. From everything I've read on Rogers, he didn't put in as much work as he needed to and was getting passed by the rest of the position group routinely. I bet they reviewed film of OTAs and saw him not having done his work and still not knowing where to line up or run his routes to the correct depth, and other underwhelming aspects of his lacking progression.

It's a real shame.

Good luck in Canada, kid.

Titty Meat 06-16-2015 10:03 AM

Would rather have Rogers than washed up Avant

DaneMcCloud 06-16-2015 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billay (Post 11551242)

Not if he doesn't know where to line up

-King- 06-16-2015 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billay (Post 11551242)

Eh. Potential is cool and everything, but a lot of players can't reach their potential. It's not a big surprise that Avant might be better than Rogers even at this point.
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat 06-16-2015 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11551246)
Not if he doesn't know where to line up

Avant sucks dude

Mr. Laz 06-16-2015 10:07 AM

Quote:

link?

Sandy Vagina 06-16-2015 10:09 AM

Physical talent is great and all, but ya got to know wtf you doing on that field.

DaneMcCloud 06-16-2015 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billay (Post 11551249)
Avant sucks dude

Which further illustrates that Rogers doesn't have an NFL future, at least not in the short term.

Sandy Vagina 06-16-2015 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11551253)
link?

probably referring to this:

Quote:

The play of rookie Chris Conley might have had something to do with Rogers' release.

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) June 16, 2015
Suggesting that KC wanted to see how far along Conley was.. and that he "passed the test".. making Da'Rick expendable.

RunKC 06-16-2015 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11551253)
link?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13...-darick-rogers

RunKC 06-16-2015 10:13 AM

I don't feel that bad about our WR core overall. Yeah Avant isn't good, but I like Maclin, Conley and Wilson along with DAT taking some reps.

Hell I like our 7th round pick over scrubs like Hemmingway. Dude has great hands. At least we can rely on him to catch a ****ing pass.

I'd like to see us draft one more WR early next year to add to this young group.

BigChiefFan 06-16-2015 10:15 AM

I've been told Hammond has actually made some good plays.

BossChief 06-16-2015 10:16 AM

Avant is a guy most receiving groups absolutely need. Especially with a group as young as our receivers are. He runs great routes, has dependable hands and knows the offense as "second nature". It's not a "coincidence" that as soon as Avant got here last year, Wilson started kicking ass THE NEXT WEEK. The offense also started to really click around that same time.

Alex Smith had 901 passing yards in those 3 games.

Having him around in 2015 is going to help guys like Conley, Wilson and Thomas really kill it in this offense going forward and I can't believe so many here dog on the guy.

Sandy Vagina 06-16-2015 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefFan (Post 11551270)
I've been told Hammond has actually made some good plays.

Read this as well. Not sure he can make the cut, but he has promise as a returner, and I'd prefer him to Hemingway.

Not sure what to make of Binns, Cook, or Brown.. but Cook also got some positive bits in practice.

Sandy Vagina 06-16-2015 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 11551271)
Avant is a guy most receiving groups absolutely need. Especially with a group as young as our receivers are. He runs great routes, has dependable hands and knows the offense as "second nature". It's not a "coincidence" that as soon as Avant got here last year, Wilson started kicking ass THE NEXT WEEK. The offense also started to really click around that same time.

Having him around in 2015 is going to help guys like Conley, Wilson and Thomas really kill it in this offense going forward and I can't believe so many here dog on the guy.

Good post. I am cool with having him around, but I don't prefer he steal a lot of significant reps away from the others. Make him an assistant WR coach FTW!

BossChief 06-16-2015 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11551267)
I don't feel that bad about our WR core overall. Yeah Avant isn't good, but I like Maclin, Conley and Wilson along with DAT taking some reps.

Hell I like our 7th round pick over scrubs like Hemmingway. Dude has great hands. At least we can rely on him to catch a ****ing pass.

I'd like to see us draft one more WR early next year to add to this young group.

KC had the highest % of dropped passes in the NFL last year. Over 7%

Going from that to guys with great hands like Maclin (only dropped 1 pass last year) Avant, Wilson and Thomas is going to really help the efficiency of this offense.

ToxSocks 06-16-2015 10:21 AM

Quote:

Maclin
Avant
Wilson
Conley
DAT

Let's roll

I doubt Conley had anything to do with it. That's really just throwing shit at the wall. Conley was never going to be cut, so it's not like he and Rodgers were competing for a roster spot.

If i had to guess, i'd assume Rodgers didn't pick up the playbook very well. To be cut this early, it's gotta be a mental thing.

Skyy God 06-16-2015 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 11551224)

Hopefully he's beat out by a younger guy, either on our roster or a final 53 cut.

BossChief 06-16-2015 10:26 AM

When you have a guy as smart and talented as Conley is, he probably just dwarfs a guy like Rogers in the film/meeting rooms and made the coaching staff start to realize how long it would take for Rogers to contribute in this offense at the pace he was at.

At one point, you have to cut bait and realize that a guy will never reach his potential.

nychief 06-16-2015 10:27 AM

Only have Da' Ron now!

ToxSocks 06-16-2015 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 11551271)
It's not a "coincidence" that as soon as Avant got here last year, Wilson started kicking ass THE NEXT WEEK. The offense also started to really click around that same time.

LMAO

Oh, man.

Yes, im sure that was all because Avant came in and the WR's started learning things they never learned before and blah blah blah.

Im sure it had nothing to do with Wilson getting healthy for the first time all season and getting his first legit chance, or the fact that those 3 games you mentioned happened to be against the worst pass defenses in the NFL.

No, im sure it was because of that crafty ol' Vet, Avant.

LMAO

Skyy God 06-16-2015 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 11551297)
When you have a guy as smart and talented as Conley is, he probably just dwarfs a guy like Rogers in the film/meeting rooms and made the coaching staff start to realize how long it would take for Rogers to contribute in this offense at the pace he was at.

At one point, you have to cut bait and realize that a guy will never reach his potential.

It probably also doesn't help that they have similar physical tools. Same size, Conley is stronger and has better long speed, Rogers is quicker laterally (shuttles, cones).

ct 06-16-2015 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11551281)
I doubt Conley had anything to do with it. That's really just throwing shit at the wall. Conley was never going to be cut, so it's not like he and Rodgers were competing for a roster spot.

If i had to guess, i'd assume Rodgers didn't pick up the playbook very well. To be cut this early, it's gotta be a mental thing.

I was going to make this point as well.

Conley will make the roster, he and Rogers are nowhere in the same territory. I'm thinking this has much more to do w/ Cook and Hammond, even Jr. They needed a spot for the OT, and Rogers not cutting it says a lot that he was far below the other prospects like Cook, Hammond, etc.

I still think Jr gets cut if Hammond can push him off the STs, and Cook will hit the PS, for at least a while. Avant is probably safe as player/coach for now.

Maclin
Wilson
Conley
DAT
Hammond
Avant

PS - Brown, Cook

Cut - Hemmingway, Binns

Maybe Jr offers enough on STs Dorsey can move him in camp for another body at another position? There are many teams with crappy STs that may carry him as 6th wr.

ToxSocks 06-16-2015 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ct (Post 11551307)
I was going to make this point as well.

Conley will make the roster, he and Rogers are nowhere in the same territory. I'm thinking this has much more to do w/ Cook and Hammond, even Jr. They needed a spot for the OT, and Rogers not cutting it says a lot that he was far below the other prospects like Cook, Hammond, etc.

I still think Jr gets cut if Hammond can push him off the STs, and Cook will hit the PS, for at least a while. Avant is probably safe as player/coach for now.

Pretty much.

Him being cut says a lot more about him than it says about anyone else. I doubt they said "Lets cut Rodgers because Hammond is doing well", but rather, "Lets cut Rodgers because he simply hasn't put in the work we asked him to put in and isn't where he should be".

DaneMcCloud 06-16-2015 10:37 AM

Quote:

Avant is probably safe as player/coach for now.

What a terrible waste of a roster spot

ToxSocks 06-16-2015 10:39 AM

Quote:

Maclin
Wilson
Conley
DAT
Hammond
Avant

PS - Brown, Cook

Cut - Hemmingway, Binns

Maybe Jr offers enough on STs Dorsey can move him in camp for another body at another position? There are many teams with crappy STs that may carry him as 6th wr.

I have a hard time seeing Hammond beating out Hemingway for a roster spot. Hammond isn't nearly the special teams player, and has done even less when given a chance on the field.

Skyy God 06-16-2015 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11551311)

The NFL is renowned for having tons of player-coaches.....

BossChief 06-16-2015 10:40 AM

Quote:

Not really. Every team needs reliable possession receivers.

O.city 06-16-2015 10:40 AM

Hammond and avant shouldn't make the roster

ToxSocks 06-16-2015 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 11551319)

That's what your starting 2-3 WR's are for. They aren't going to draw up plays for their 6th-7th receiving option because he has reliable hands.....

If you're first 3 receivers, TE and HB can't be counted on to be reliable when a play is needed to be made, then our offense is going to be pathetic.

ToxSocks 06-16-2015 10:44 AM

****, lol, could you imagine?

"We need a big play here, who should we get the ball to? Maclin? Nah. Conley? Nah. Wilson? Nah. Charles? Nah. Kelce? Nah. DAT? Nah.

Lets go with Avant!"

:facepalm:

BossChief 06-16-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 11551320)
Hammond and avant shouldn't make the roster

Who should be the guys that make the 53 at receiver?

We had 6 at the end of last year.

They re-signed Hemmingway and Avant.

Locks:
Maclin
Wilson
Conley
Hemmingway (for ST)

The rest:

Avant
Hammond
Brown
Binns
Cook
Williams
Luckett

I'd say Avant and Brown get those last 2 spots

BossChief 06-16-2015 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11551328)
****, lol, could you imagine?

"We need a big play here, who should we get the ball to? Maclin? Nah. Conley? Nah. Wilson? Nah. Charles? Nah. Kelce? Nah. DAT? Nah.

Lets go with Avant!"

:facepalm:

Are you joking here?

First, you don't even know what a damn counter play is (described Knile Davis as "dancing around" when he followed the play design) and now you don't know the difference between a possession receiver in a WCO and a big play threat?

Of course you don't design a play to go to Avant on third and 12, but you can take it to the bank that he will pick up 3rd and 6 damn near every time.

If you're gonna try to clown, understand the discussion.

scho63 06-16-2015 10:54 AM

Your attitude and work ethic must be really piss poor to be dumped so early. It must have stunk up the joint.

Coogs 06-16-2015 10:55 AM

Quote:

They needed a spot for the OT

Two guys were sent packing according to the OP.

ToxSocks 06-16-2015 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 11551339)
Are you joking here?

First, you don't even know what a damn counter play is (described Knile Davis as "dancing around" when he followed the play design) and now you don't know the difference between a possession receiver in a WCO and a big play threat?

Of course you don't design a play to go to Avant on third and 12, but you can take it to the bank that he will pick up 3rd and 6 damn near every time.

If you're gonna try to clown, understand the discussion.

LMAO says the guy who thinks Wilson and Alex Smith emerged because Avant arrived.....

And you still don't get what i was saying about Knile. No one ever claimed it wasn't a counter play or anything even remotely close to that.

"take it to the bank he'll pick up a 3rd and 6 everytime"

Lol, you can't be serious.

Avant...the QB/WR whisperer...makes you wonder why he was ever cut in the first place...afterall...he just shows up and everyone instantly gets better...

DaneMcCloud 06-16-2015 10:59 AM

Quote:

If the Chiefs need another WR coach, hire a WR coach, don't waste a valuable roster spot on a 32 year old vet.

ToxSocks 06-16-2015 11:01 AM

Quote:

Problem is boss, those possession receivers need to be your starting WR's.....otherwise wtf is the point?

You can't be a possession receiver as the 6th or 7th option. That doesn't even make sense.

RunKC 06-16-2015 11:01 AM

Quote:

I doubt he gets that many targets this year.

We replaced our #1 and #2 WR. We had the worst WR core in the NFL last season. Give it more than 1 season to be completely finished.

We've made great progress with the Maclin and Conley additions.

ToxSocks 06-16-2015 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11551354)
If the Chiefs need another WR coach, hire a WR coach, don't waste a valuable roster spot on a 32 year old vet.

Yeah but he instantly makes everyone better just by being in his presence.

Avant the Offense whisperer.

Eleazar 06-16-2015 11:05 AM

If he's too much of a clown or a prick to make it to CAMP on this team as a WR, he probably should just go get his insurance license

BossChief 06-16-2015 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11551363)
Yeah but he instantly makes everyone better just by being in his presence.

Avant the Offense whisperer.

I'm not saying he is an "offense whisperer" ...but I am saying there was an obvious change to the offensive production when he got here.

Alex Smith pass yards each week:

153 -------the week Avant was signed

I'm not saying the guy is any kind of game changer, but it's obvious the offense was better once he got here

The offense was averaging 201 passing yards per game before Avant got here and averaged 264 per game after he got here.

ToxSocks 06-16-2015 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 11551390)
I'm not saying he is an "offense whisperer" ...but I am saying there was an obvious change to the offensive production when he got here.

Alex Smith pass yards each week:

153 -------the week Avant was signed

I'm not saying the guy is any kind of game changer, but it's obvious the offense was better once he got here

The offense was averaging 201 passing yards per game before Avant got here and averaged 264 per game after he got here.

So you have the 29th ranked Cardinals, the 27th ranked Steelers and an awful Raiders team.

In those games he contributed 11 catches for 122 yards.....41 of those yards came on a single play. And the team couldn't even score more than 14 points in two of those games.

Real strong argument you have there......

Sandy Vagina 06-16-2015 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 11551333)
Who should be the guys that make the 53 at receiver?

We had 6 at the end of last year.

They re-signed Hemmingway and Avant.

Locks:
Maclin
Wilson
Conley
Hemmingway (for ST)

Can't see Hemingway being a lock. He's on a 1 yr, minimal deal. Very good on STs, but certainly not irreplaceable. He will fight for his life for the bottom of the DC.

ToxSocks 06-16-2015 11:31 AM

Taking a look at it, Travis Kelce, Albert Wilson and the shitty pass defenses they played had far more to do with their "success" than Jason Avant. Unless of course you subscribe to the idea that Avant is The Offense Whisperer.

bricks 06-16-2015 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 11551224)

He may suck but think about this for a second,

He's a veteran that knows the offense. Which is great!

You need guys like that on your team. He is not here to produce or be that game changer but rather be that mentor that guys like DAT, Wilson and even Conley need.

That's worth a lot more value than a guy who is talented but has a two cent brain.

xztop123 06-16-2015 11:38 AM

Avant was a starter on the Panthers when they cut him... he's probably about like Bowe in terms of speed, with less body strength but better hands and routes.

Deberg_1990 06-16-2015 11:38 AM

Ill just miss saying that name Da'Rick
Posted via Mobile Device

ToxSocks 06-16-2015 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 11551422)

He's a veteran that knows the offense. Which is great!

You need guys like that on your team. He is not here to produce or be that game changer but rather be that mentor that guys like DAT, Wilson and even Conley need.

That's worth a lot more value than a guy who is talented but has a two cent brain.

They have that guy. He just signed a big expensive contract and stands to be a major contributor in this offense.....

So, why do we need Avant again?

To be clear, i doubt he gets cut, but that's only because the rest of the players on the list are camp fodder.

But to act like he's anything but a JAG is silly.

ToxSocks 06-16-2015 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop123 (Post 11551425)
Avant was a starter on the Panthers when they cut him... he's probably about like Bowe in terms of speed, with less body strength but better hands and routes.

Most people, including yourself, have no idea how good of a route runner he is or isn't. It's not like you get to watch him run his routes when you're watching the game on your couch.

Kinda like when posters on this board talk about how a player prepares compared to another. You have no clue how they prepared for the game.

Dunerdr 06-16-2015 11:43 AM

The chase Daniel of wide recievers. Sorry for your loss Dane.

RunKC 06-16-2015 11:45 AM

Andy's offense is not easy to learn. Wilson only played a few games, DAT is just now getting more of the playbook handed to him and Conley will likely be eased in.

You need more than one guy who knows the offense in and out. He's going to be the #4 WR by November anyway and he cost next to nothing.

BossChief 06-16-2015 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11551434)
They have that guy. He just signed a big expensive contract and stands to be a major contributor in this offense.....

To be clear, i doubt he gets cut, but that's only because the rest of the players on the list are camp fodder.

This offense requires its receivers to do more than just be receiving options. They have to be effective blockers, too.

Reid even said Friday that it takes receivers 2-3 years to learn how to play in this offense. Having a guy like Avant on the roster to help the younger guys after practice, spending personnel time watching film together and other things he does is gonna help that learning curve and pay dividends with guys like Wilson, Thomas and Conley while also giving the team a reliable option both as a blocker and a possession receiver.

bricks 06-16-2015 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11551434)

Two brains are better than one. Can never have enough of those guys that know the offense.

Dante84 06-16-2015 11:46 AM

Room/Budget for Mathis?

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2015/06/1...e-agency-2015/

BossChief 06-16-2015 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11551448)
Andy's offense is not easy to learn. Wilson only played a few games, DAT is just now getting more of the playbook handed to him and Conley will likely be eased in.

You need more than one guy who knows the offense in and out. He's going to be the #4 WR by November anyway and he cost next to nothing.

Exactly.

Also, he only counts against the cap for like 500k even though his salary will be about 1m. That's how the rules work with Veterans.
That's basically coach pay.

ToxSocks 06-16-2015 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11551448)

Good thing the Chiefs have more than one guy who knows the offense. WR coach, OC, HC, Maclin....I guess guys who've been here for Andy Reid's tenure don't count? Hemingway is in his 3rd season, both Wilson and DAT have a season under their belt. Hammond has been in this offense long enough. Who exactly needs another coach? Just Conley?

You're trying to justify his spot as a coach. If coaching is required, then hire another coach or coach better.

And he won't #4. He'll be #5 at best....#5 should be a developmental guy....

ToxSocks 06-16-2015 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 11551449)
This offense requires its receivers to do more than just be receiving options. They have to be effective blockers, too.

Reid even said Friday that it takes receivers 2-3 years to learn how to play in this offense. Having a guy like Avant on the roster to help the younger guys after practice, spending personnel time watching film together and other things he does is gonna help that learning curve and pay dividends with guys like Wilson, Thomas and Conley while also giving the team a reliable option both as a blocker and a possession receiver.

Maclin seems to fit the bill perfectly for that. And he'll actually be able to lead by example on the field.

So why do we need Avant again?

ToxSocks 06-16-2015 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 11551450)
Two brains are better than one. Can never have enough of those guys that know the offense.

There's more than enough resources with knowledge of the offense to make Avant expendable.

I doubt he gets cut because there's simply no competition for the #5/6 spot.....but he doesn't deserve a spot simply because he knows the offense.

That spot SHOULD be filled by someone with talent....sadly the Chiefs still don't have a lot of talent there.

Hammock Parties 06-16-2015 11:58 AM

Haha.

How many homers were saying this guy was going to be our #2 or something stupid?

Hilarious.

BossChief 06-16-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11551460)
Good thing the Chiefs have more than one guy who knows the offense. WR coach, OC, HC, Maclin....I guess guys who've been here for Andy Reid's tenure don't count? Hemingway is in his 3rd season, both Wilson and DAT have a season under their belt. Hammond has been in this offense long enough. Who exactly needs another coach? Just Conley?

You're trying to justify his spot as a coach. If coaching is required, then hire another coach or coach better.

#2, #3 and #4 are all developmental guys.

This WR group will have a perfect mix of youth with big time potential and Vets to offer effective position play while being the perfect type of vets to help the young guys develop.

That's the way it should ALWAYS be done.

BossChief 06-16-2015 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11551470)
There's more than enough resources with knowledge of the offense to make Avant expendable.

I doubt he gets cut because there's simply no competition for the #5/6 spot.....but he doesn't deserve a spot simply because he knows the offense.

That spot SHOULD be filled by someone with talent....sadly the Chiefs still don't have a lot of talent there.

We don't have a lot of talent at receiver?

Really?

Maclin
Conley
Wilson
Thomas

Those guys are LOADED with talent.

ToxSocks 06-16-2015 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop, Chiefs (Post 11551472)
Haha.

How many homers were saying this guy was going to be our #2 or something stupid?

Hilarious.

Who? Rodgers?

Ummm....no one....Avant....half this board thought or still thinks Avant will be our #2.

ToxSocks 06-16-2015 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 11551478)
We don't have a lot of talent at receiver?

Really?

Maclin
Conley
Wilson
Thomas

Those guys are LOADED with talent.

I was talking about the back end of that list..the guys Avant are competing with. And even still, there's a whole lot of unknowns and what-if's there.

Dunerdr 06-16-2015 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11551464)
Maclin seems to fit the bill perfectly for that. And he'll actually be able to lead by example on the field.

So why do we need Avant again?

Your kind of a dipshit sometimes. You know what's bigger and more important than speed and big play ability in kc right now? Accountability.

Smith knows avants gonna be where he's supposed to be. He seems to trust his hands. The guy blocks, knows the offense and is dependable. There's one other guy on the field who qualifies in all these categories and is a wideout. And we went out of our way to get him this offseason. We've got potential out the ass and maclin and avant.

He's like chase Daniel but with a successful nfl career. He's there when you need him. If he never sees the field that means things are going well for the potential guys. My guess is he sees more snaps in the run game than anything with his size and knowledge of the game/offense. And if Alex audibles out he's a guy that knows where to be.

BossChief 06-16-2015 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11551479)
Who? Rodgers?

Ummm....no one....Avant....half this board thought or still thinks Avant will be our #2.

Who thinks he will be the #2 WR?

My depth chart

Maclin
Wilson
Conley
Thomas
Avant
Hemmingway

Hammock Parties 06-16-2015 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11551479)
Who? Rodgers?

Ummm....no one....

No. There were definitely a few rubes who thought he was gonna be a playmaker this year.

ToxSocks 06-16-2015 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 11551484)
Who thinks he will be the #2 WR?

My depth chart

Maclin
Wilson
Conley
Thomas
Avant
Hemmingway

Pre-Conley hype? A shit ton of people....the company line (pre-Conley hype train) was that Avant would be the #2 "until Conley was ready".

And yes, i agree with your list....except that Wilson and Conley will be 2a and 2b.

Dunerdr 06-16-2015 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11551490)
Pre-Conley hype? A shit ton of people....the company line (pre-Conley hype train) was that Avant would be the #2 "until Conley was ready".

And yes, i agree with your list....except that Wilson and Conley will be 2a and 2b.

This may be the smartest thing you said the whole thread.

RunKC 06-16-2015 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11551460)

Hemmingway sucks. I'd rather have Avant over him anyway. At least he can catch.

DAT wasn't given hardly any of the playbook last year and neither was Wilson, who played all of a handful of games.

Avant is insurance. Cheap insurance. and he'll be gone in 2016.