ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs From a guy who wasn't able to watch today... what was good/bad? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301491)

RealSNR 08-13-2016 06:06 PM

From a guy who wasn't able to watch today... what was good/bad?

Summarize the game for me in only the way Chiefs Planet can. I don't want to read what the paid homer BJ Kissel or anyone on Arrowhead Pride has to say.

Pablo 08-13-2016 06:09 PM

Everybody got AIDS at the end of the game. That part sucked.

Mr_Tomahawk 08-13-2016 06:10 PM

Missed The game too. I heard that bray sucked. Sad face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ming the Merciless 08-13-2016 06:11 PM

1st string seemed good

cut bray now

foles hasnt learned our offense yet

ware is a beast

um

OnTheWarpath15 08-13-2016 06:11 PM

First team offense looked good. Would have stalled in the RZ in a real game as a 3rd down catch would have been reviewed and overturned.

1st team defense looked rough. Dee Ford especially. Dude was hot garbage.

2nd team front 7 was the tits. Chris Jones was a beast, as was Dez Moses.

Murray looked pretty good while I was watching, Bray sucks donkey balls.

Santos is undoubtedly on PED's.

Clock management still sucks.

Quit watching at beginning of 4th Q.

ping2000 08-13-2016 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 12367165)

In honor of the Olympics, it was more like Zika.

Chief Northman 08-13-2016 06:12 PM

1st team offense rolled.
Foles and Murray showed promise
Bray and Hogan poor
Spencer Ware a beast
Starting OL were bullies.

DL depth is real
Nice games by rookies White, Jones, Nicolas

Ford MIA as usual. Gaines best be healthy for #2 corner spot. ILB not settled beside DJ.
3rd string OL a bit shaky. Some asshat named Jackson gets torched twice on last drive for the Seattle win.

More pros than cons however.....
No injuries that I heard of.

Pablo 08-13-2016 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 12367167)
Missed The game too. I heard that bray sucked. Sad face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He looked like somebody shook AIDS and butt cancer up in a hobo's rusty jizzin can.

chiefs1111 08-13-2016 06:14 PM

Dadi Nicolas had a great game.

Rain Man 08-13-2016 06:14 PM

The guys who helped themselves in my opinion were:

Dez Moses
Dadi Nicholas
Aaron Murray
Jared Pughsley
Ross Travis
Ramik Wilson
Darrin Reaves
DJ White
Cairo Santos
The third-string DL

Guys who hurt themselves:

Steven Nelson
Malcolm Jackson
Pretty much all of the receivers other than Maclin.
Mitch Morse (what was up with those bad snaps?)

thabear04 08-13-2016 06:15 PM

You wouldn't believe Santos hit a 58 yard FG.

Mr. Laz 08-13-2016 06:16 PM

Mostly good until the end of the game when our coaching staff happened again.

starting oline looked good
Alex Smith looked decent
our starting secondary was shaky
Dee Ford was ass
Dez Moses and Dadi Nicholas looked better than Ford
Spencer Ware and Darrin Reaves looked dam good
Hill looked fast as ****(should be dynamic when he learns to harness it)
Our team looks deep, our 2nds/3rd beat their's (seattle is usually a deep team too)
Colquitt looks like the old Colquitt bombs away
Streater looked pretty good
Steven Nelson got picked on with the 1's but made some plays with the 3's
DJ White showed up a lot

mcaj22 08-13-2016 06:20 PM

1st team offense looked good
1st team defense had some good/bad. There will definitely be some shuffling around here. (guys who looked a little shaky: Nelson, Sorenson, Ramik Wilson.)
2nd team defense is beast. The dline is beast. (Chris Jones, Nick Williams, Nunez -Roches, they are all starter material for some other teams). Guys hustling all over the field for roster spots, etc. (DJ White looks good, DJ Alexander has some nice speed in coverage for a LBer, etc)
I thought the 2nd team offense looked good all things considered.

Other notes:
-I can't tell the difference between Dadi Nicholas or Dee Ford, I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing.
-There are some guys they are clearly show casing to be possibly traded? (Knile, DAT, Cooper, etc. They got a lot of time out there with various strings.)
-Trading for Foles was a very good idea. He's not as bad as the Rams made him out to be (aka Jeff Fisher stinks as a coach) and Bray/Murray are probably not ready or good enough to be a #2 that you can still win now with.

Trivers 08-13-2016 06:21 PM

Chris Jones was a beast against SEA 2s and 3s.

For his first NFL preseason game, he was getting significant penetration.

Chiefnj2 08-13-2016 06:24 PM

Smith missed a few wide open receivers on his "good" third down pass.

1st team offense looked good overall

chiefzilla1501 08-13-2016 06:24 PM

Nothing new with Alex or Foles. Murray looked sharp. Bray looked pretty bad. Can't figure out why Hogan played so much toward the end -- there's no way he makes the 53.

An insane amount of depth but the Chiefs' last unit, except for Reeves and Nicolas who were men amongst boys against scrubs... were rough. First round of cuts should be easy. Then again, Seattle played their backup QB almost the entire game while Chiefs were using their 5th string in the 4th quarter.

Chiefs have outstanding front 7 depth but secondary depth seems like a big issue. 2016 rookie class looks like it's going to be terrific. Special teams might be outstanding as Santos and Colquitt looked outstanding, and we have some terrific speed at returner.

Easy 6 08-13-2016 06:27 PM

The ones and twos were on track to salt the game away easily, then Hoax Hogan and the rest of the rock bottom remainders came in

In spite of the loss, there was much to be pleased with

#1 Offense did exactly what they were supposed to do

Defensive depth is great, even better than I anticipated... the new crop of rookies all showed very well

Baby Lee 08-13-2016 06:28 PM

Quote:

Alex Smith came loose of his restraints and was beheaded. The recoil broke Charcandrick's jaw.

OnTheWarpath15 08-13-2016 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 12367212)
The ones and twos were on track to salt the game away easily, then Hoax Hogan and the rest of the rock bottom remainders came in

In spite of the loss, there was much to be pleased with

#1 Offense did exactly what they were supposed to do

Defensive depth is great, even better than I anticipated... the new crop of rookies all showed very well

Holy shit, we lost? I quit watching at the start of the 4th.

LMAO

DaneMcCloud 08-13-2016 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12367184)
Mitch Morse (what was up with those bad snaps?)

Morse and Fulton were fine.

Munyer was not.

Trivers 08-13-2016 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 12367203)
Smith missed a few wide open receivers on his "good" third down pass.

1st team offense looked good overall

Smith was running away from pressure almost from the beginning of the snap. Even the camera man thought he was going to be sacked.

He could not set to throw to Klece and was rolling to the left when he threw his pass.

Hindsight QBing is always 20/10.

In the past, Smith would not have thrown that pass. Progress.

chiefzilla1501 08-13-2016 06:32 PM

Nick Foles looks like Napoleon Dynamite with his helmet off.
Kevin Hogan looks like Uncle Rico when his helmet's on

New World Order 08-13-2016 06:34 PM

Dee Ford looks like he has aids

Easy 6 08-13-2016 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 12367214)

LMAO

Pretty sad, right?

In58men 08-13-2016 06:39 PM

Offensive play calling was too conservative for a preseason game. Let the QBs open up. Preseason is pointless if you don't let your players ball out. Very boring game.

Baby Lee 08-13-2016 06:39 PM

Quote:

LMAO

Led by 7 with 0:00 on the clock . . . with the ball in the air.

Our DB to the side of the EZ pass looked like Muggsy Bogues posting up Shaq.

TD, 2 pt try, Chiefs 12 men on field, 1/2 distance to goal, 2pt try successful.

/Fin

rockymtnchief 08-13-2016 06:41 PM

Quote:

LMAO

Yup....with 0:00 left on the clock.

Chief Northman 08-13-2016 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 12367222)
Nick Foles looks like Napoleon Dynamite with his helmet off.
Kevin Hogan looks like Uncle Rico when his helmet's on

ROFL

I've said this about Foles since he was in college...

Meatloaf 08-13-2016 06:44 PM

Here's my take (in no particular order):
Alex is clearly #1 QB
Ware is a powerful runner.
First string OL looked pretty good.
WR corps didn't show too much.
Travis is an athlete, but maybe a bit slow afoot.
No way should Dee Ford be starting as Moses and Nicholas are better players.
Chris Jones is a beast. Guy is huge and moves well. Powerful.
DJ White showed well.
Nelson got picked on early, but was never beaten badly. Looked quick to me.
Punter and kicker both looked good.
Hill has speed; didn't do too much, but he's definitely gonna be more than JAG.
Dee Ford is JAG.
Dadi Nicholas looked very impressive against the 3s. Guy has some talent.
Marcus Peters is a stud.
March shows some moxie out there. Guy can play.
Ramik Wilson around the ball a lot.
Didn't notice safety play as being particularly good or bad.
All in all, the draft class was generally impressive. Good group.
Bray has an arm, but didn't look all that impressive.
Foles looked like he was "in charge" in the huddle. Liked this pickup after seeing him out there; certainly more accomplished than Bray or Murray.
Hogan apparently didn't get many reps during the week and it showed. Practice squad guy.
Dee Ford still looks like he has no idea what he's doing out there. Just sorta runs around.

DaneMcCloud 08-13-2016 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12367160)
Summarize the game for me in only the way Chiefs Planet can. I don't want to read what the paid homer BJ Kissel or anyone on Arrowhead Pride has to say.

OFFENSE:

QB:

1. Alex Smith looked like Alex Smith. He made a great play, in which he scrambled, bought time and threw a bullet to Maclin on the 1/2 yardline. The offense was sharp and efficient. He made some great throws to Ross Travis and D. Harris.

2. Nick Foles did a decent enough job but his accuracy was an issue (which has been described by Paylor during TC). He's got a command of the huddle but he needs time to create some chemistry with the receivers.

3. Tyler Bray was Tyler Bray. 2 for 9 at one point. Terrible decision making, bad throws but one beautiful sideline throw to Rod Streater.

4. Aaron Murray was sharp and efficient. His arm looked much stronger this year and he had a few bullets to Da'Ron Brown that were right on the money.

5. Kevin Hogan was disappointing. For all of the positive reviews of OTA's and minicamp, he looked lost. He consistently threw behind his receivers and looks like a Practice Squad guy.

RB's

Spencer Ware picked up where he left off during the regular season. He looked strong, quick and powerful. Charcandrick West showed his typical burst and played well. Knile Davis was fairly ineffective and Darren Reaves clearly outplayed him.

WR's
Maclin was his usual impressive self. Streater had a great catch but missed on a long gainer. Hill was targeted 4 times but only came away with one catch, as they were pretty poor throws. DAT had three receptions and made the most of his opportunities. Da'Ron Brown and Mike Williams each had a nice grab with Murray but otherwise failed to impress. Chris Conley was invisible.

TE's
Harris made a couple of great grabs while dropping another. Ross Travis made a great catch and really looks like he'll be a weapon this season along with Kelce and Maclin

OL:
Best starting offensive line performance in more than a decade, IMO. Solid from left to right. The second team offensive line did pretty well, too. Fulton was solid and Sterup looks like a guy that could become a solid swing tackle. I'm not sure they slip him through waivers now. The 3rd teamers were pretty rank.

----------
The bottom line for me is that there's a HUGE dropoff between Smith to Foles and Murray and even steeper from Murray to Bray & Hogan. The second team line was good enough. The TE's look like a strength and there's depth at WR, although it's hard to rank them at this point because they haven't all played with Smith but at this point, Maclin and Streater look like the two best receivers.

Meatloaf 08-13-2016 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12367245)

QB:

1. Alex Smith looked like Alex Smith. He made a great play, in which he scrambled, bought time and threw a bullet to Maclin on the 1/2 yardline. The offense was sharp and efficient. He made some great throws to Ross Travis and D. Harris.

2. Nick Foles did a decent enough job but his accuracy was an issue (which has been described by Paylor during TC). He's got a command of the huddle but he needs time to create some chemistry with the receivers.

3. Tyler Bray was Tyler Bray. 2 for 9 at one point. Terrible decision making, bad throws but one beautiful sideline throw to Rod Streater.

4. Aaron Murray was sharp and efficient. His arm looked much stronger this year and he had a few bullets to Da'Ron Brown that were right on the money.

5. Kevin Hogan was disappointing. For all of the positive reviews of OTA's and minicamp, he looked lost. He consistently threw behind his receivers and looks like a Practice Squad guy.

RB's

Spencer Ware picked up where he left off during the regular season. He looked strong, quick and powerful. Charcandrick West showed his typical burst and played well. Knile Davis was fairly ineffective and Darren Reaves clearly outplayed him.

WR's
Maclin was his usual impressive self. Streater had a great catch but missed on a long gainer. Hill was targeted 4 times but only came away with one catch, as they were pretty poor throws. DAT had three receptions and made the most of his opportunities. Da'Ron Brown and Mike Williams each had a nice grab with Murray but otherwise failed to impress. Chris Conley was invisible.

TE's
Harris made a couple of great grabs while dropping another. Ross Travis made a great catch and really looks like he'll be a weapon this season along with Kelce and Maclin

OL:
Best starting offensive line performance in more than a decade, IMO. Solid from left to right. The second team offensive line did pretty well, too. Fulton was solid and Sterup looks like a guy that could become a solid swing tackle. I'm not sure they slip him through waivers now. The 3rd teamers were pretty rank.

----------
The bottom line for me is that there's a HUGE dropoff between Smith to Foles and Murray and even steeper from Murray to Bray & Hogan. The second team line was good enough. The TE's look like a strength and there's depth at WR, although it's hard to rank them at this point because they haven't all played with Smith but at this point, Maclin and Streater look like the two best receivers.

Nice summary of the offense, Dane. How'd you see the defense?

Trivers 08-13-2016 06:49 PM

Nice write-up for offense!

How about your comments for defense?

mcaj22 08-13-2016 06:52 PM

you forgot training camp stud Albert Wilson, what did he do

LoneWolf 08-13-2016 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 12367242)
Here's my take (in no particular order):
Alex is clearly #1 QB
Ware is a powerful runner.
First string OL looked pretty good.
WR corps didn't show too much.
Travis is an athlete, but maybe a bit slow afoot.
No way should Dee Ford be starting as Moses and Nicholas are better players.
Chris Jones is a beast. Guy is huge and moves well. Powerful.
DJ White showed well.
Nelson got picked on early, but was never beaten badly. Looked quick to me.
Punter and kicker both looked good.
Hill has speed; didn't do too much, but he's definitely gonna be more than JAG.
Dee Ford is JAG.
Dadi Nicholas looked very impressive against the 3s. Guy has some talent.
Marcus Peters is a stud.
March shows some moxie out there. Guy can play.
Ramik Wilson around the ball a lot.
Didn't notice safety play as being particularly good or bad.
All in all, the draft class was generally impressive. Good group.
Bray has an arm, but didn't look all that impressive.
Foles looked like he was "in charge" in the huddle. Liked this pickup after seeing him out there; certainly more accomplished than Bray or Murray.
Hogan apparently didn't get many reps during the week and it showed. Practice squad guy.
Dee Ford still looks like he has no idea what he's doing out there. Just sorta runs around.

Is the Travis you mentioned, Travis Kelce. If so, you're ****ing reeruned.

chiefzilla1501 08-13-2016 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12367237)
ROFL

I've said this about Foles since he was in college...

Just saw this and pretty much shat myself. And then I actually shat myself.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...628fcfbee4.jpg

Meatloaf 08-13-2016 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 12367257)

Cool your jets there, partner. Ross Travis, TE.

Chief Northman 08-13-2016 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 12367258)
Just saw this and pretty much shat myself. And then I actually shat myself.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...628fcfbee4.jpg

ROFLROFLROFL

Oddly I have never seen this - great find!

Red Beans 08-13-2016 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 12367257)

He's taking about Ross Travis.:shake:

DaneMcCloud 08-13-2016 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12367160)

DEFENSE

Defensive Line

Surprisingly, the first teamers (Poe, Howard & Bailey) got pushed around in the running game. It was pretty disappointing. Chris Jones played early and often and really, really impressed with his speed and ability. The second teamers outperformed the first teamers, with Chris Jones and Nick Williams leading the way. Nunez-Roches had some nice snaps as did David King (who to me, looks like he's worth moving to ROLB. He's got some burst). All in all, they're going to cut some good defensive lineman that will get a lot of snaps elsewhere. When was the last time anyone said that about the Chiefs D-line?

Linebackers:

Dee Ford was disappointing. He's got all of the athletic ability in the world and reportedly isn't dumb but he just didn't have a feel for the game. Derrick Johnson and Ramik Wilson kind of got swallowed up in the running game because the line just couldn't stop their ground game. Zombo was Zombo, had some pressure but looked like a 2nd stringer. Desmond Moses showed some serious burst on the edge and definitely contained better than Ford. Mulumba had a couple of pressures but was at least as weak, if not weaker, than Ford in setting the edge. Easy 10 yard gain. Massaquoi looks like a guy that should be cut tomorrow. Alexander had a couple of good plays, as did March but March got called on a Personal Foul for Helmet-To-Helmet. Dadi Nicolas really flash on the edge and should have had more sacks. He shows enormous promise.

Secondary:

Marcus Peters is a pimp. He baited Russell Wilson and picked him off in the end zone. Marcus Cooper had a breakup and some tackles but allowed quite a few receptions, although they didn't result in any YAC. Gaines didn't play. Steven Nelson was disappointing. Like Cooper, he didn't allow any YAC but he certainly wasn't breaking up passes like he's reportedly done in camp. Russell didn't impress although DJ White did and looked like a guy with a ton of potential. He's a keeper for sure.

There weren't too many opportunities to evaluate the safety position but Parker, Sorenson and Murray played well. Stevie Brown saw limited stats. Fleming was invisible. The third stringers were pretty much garbage.

Meatloaf 08-13-2016 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 12367254)
you forgot training camp stud Albert Wilson, what did he do

Not sure he played. Can anyone confirm this?

OnTheWarpath15 08-13-2016 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatloaf (Post 12367271)

Saw him dressed, don't remember him on the field.

DaneMcCloud 08-13-2016 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 12367273)
Saw him dressed, don't remember him on the field.

Quote:

He was fairly wide open in the end zone on the play that went to Maclin

Chief Northman 08-13-2016 07:05 PM

Quote:

Yes he had a reception.

rockymtnchief 08-13-2016 07:06 PM

Quote:

Was he the wide open WR in the endzone when Smith connected to Maclin on 3rd and long?

Meatloaf 08-13-2016 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12367269)
DEFENSE

Defensive Line

Surprisingly, the first teamers (Poe, Howard & Bailey) got pushed around in the running game. It was pretty disappointing. Chris Jones played early and often and really, really impressed with his speed and ability. The second teamers outperformed the first teamers, with Chris Jones and Nick Williams leading the way. Nunez-Roches had some nice snaps as did David King (who to me, looks like he's worth moving to ROLB. He's got some burst). All in all, they're going to cut some good defensive lineman that will get a lot of snaps elsewhere. When was the last time anyone said that about the Chiefs D-line?

Linebackers:

Dee Ford was disappointing. He's got all of the athletic ability in the world and reportedly isn't dumb but he just didn't have a feel for the game. Derrick Johnson and Ramik Wilson kind of got swallowed up in the running game because the line just couldn't stop their ground game. Zombo was Zombo, had some pressure but looked like a 2nd stringer. Desmond Moses showed some serious burst on the edge and definitely contained better than Ford. Mulumba had a couple of pressures but was at least as weak, if not weaker, than Ford in setting the edge. Easy 10 yard gain. Massaquoi looks like a guy that should be cut tomorrow. Alexander had a couple of good plays, as did March but March got called on a Personal Foul for Helmet-To-Helmet. Dadi Nicolas really flash on the edge and should have had more sacks. He shows enormous promise.

Secondary:

Marcus Peters is a pimp. He baited Russell Wilson and picked him off in the end zone. Marcus Cooper had a breakup and some tackles but allowed quite a few receptions, although they didn't result in any YAC. Gaines didn't play. Steven Nelson was disappointing. Like Cooper, he didn't allow any YAC but he certainly wasn't breaking up passes like he's reportedly done in camp. Russell didn't impress although DJ White did and looked like a guy with a ton of potential. He's a keeper for sure.

There weren't too many opportunities to evaluate the safety position but Parker, Sorenson and Murray played well. Stevie Brown saw limited stats. Fleming was invisible. The third stringers were pretty much garbage.

Another nice summary, Dane. Hard to argue with any of your assessments. Personally, I was surprised when I believe you had Nicholas on your 53, but after seeing this game, the kid looks like he has a lot of promise.

mcaj22 08-13-2016 07:06 PM

I for some reason like DaRon Brown as a WR for his ability to work the zone openings and go over the middle of the field. Something I don't see any other WR do besides Maclin or the TEs. Everyone else seems to work the sideline, bubble screen, post, etc. (not sure if it's by design or not)

Obviously the Hollywood Hogan throwing to him couldnt get him the ball but Brown was open quite a bit just from going over the middle. It was refreshing to see from a WR working in the slot. (this is something Albert Wilson is absolutely dog shit at)

rockymtnchief 08-13-2016 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12367275)

Beat me to it!

Mr. Laz 08-13-2016 07:06 PM

Isn't the idea that Dee Ford can play off the LoS dead?

Doesn't he just have to play RDE/ROLB (Hali's position) or nothing?

He just is lost in space and playing Houston's position demands that ability.

I never understood WTF they put him behind Houston instead of Hali anyway.

DaneMcCloud 08-13-2016 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12367276)
Yes he had a reception.

Nope

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametra...0160813_SEA@KC

DaneMcCloud 08-13-2016 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 12367279)
I for some reason like DaRon Brown as a WR for his ability to work the zone openings and go over the middle of the field. Something I don't see any other WR do besides Maclin or the TEs. Everyone else seems to work the sideline, bubble screen, post, etc. (not sure if it's by design or not)

Obviously the Hollywood Hogan throwing to him couldnt get him the ball but Brown was open quite a bit just from going over the middle. It was refreshing to see from a WR working in the slot. (this is something Albert Wilson is absolutely dog shit at)

I liked Brown to make the 53 last year but spent the season on the PS.

He flashed some ability today and if it continues, the Chiefs are going to face some tough cuts at the WR position.

hometeam 08-13-2016 07:10 PM

4th and 5th teams sucked. Hogan is a baddie.

1sts 2nd and 3rds looked decent to good.

Chief Northman 08-13-2016 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12367282)

My bad.
Was watching FOX coverage and they announced he caught a reception - might have confused him with Mike Williams - why I do not know.

Chief Northman 08-13-2016 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 12367281)
Isn't the idea that Dee Ford can play off the LoS dead?

Doesn't he just have to play RDE/ROLB (Hali's position) or nothing?

He just is lost in space and playing Houston's position demands that ability.

I never understood WTF they put him behind Houston instead of Hali anyway.

Don't say it too loud - the "few" members of the Dee Ford fan club will come with their justifications of why he needs more time.....

Just no football sense in his play.

Idahojim 08-13-2016 07:15 PM

Foles

Nick Foles was a good get. Bray and Murray not ready for prime time. Hogan looked awful. Bray was really off. Murray was OK. But none of those guys could fill in for Smith. Foles could. That was a great move by the front office.

mcaj22 08-13-2016 07:18 PM

yea it's a shame Jeff Fisher and his crappy coaching almost ruined Foles

Deberg_1990 08-13-2016 07:18 PM

Bray is garbage. Murray at least has some upside and could be a backup someday.

DaneMcCloud 08-13-2016 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idahojim (Post 12367296)
Nick Foles was a good get. Bray and Murray not ready for prime time. Hogan looked awful. Bray was really off. Murray was OK. But none of those guys could fill in for Smith. Foles could. That was a great move by the front office.

Murray was 3/5 for 52 yards. He had command of the offense and his passes were sharp.

While I think that Foles is a better back up at this point due to his experience, Murray has a come a long, long way since his rookie season and I'd be totally fine with him at #3.

RunKC 08-13-2016 07:21 PM

Most of the guys we added to the roster this year looked good and flashed today.

Schwartz was fantastic
Streater was solid and had an amazing catch
Jones, Ehinger, White, Hill and Nicolas all looked good from our draft class

Honestly the draft class looks like it has a few guys who will make good impacts this year.

OnTheWarpath15 08-13-2016 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12367275)

You're absolutely right.

HemiEd 08-13-2016 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 12367182)
He looked like somebody shook AIDS and butt cancer up in a hobo's rusty jizzin can.

He wasn't that bad, he had some nice plays that should have been caught. Heck of an arm.

Murray looked better, having nice touch on a couple of passes with some zip.

Foles started out well but Hogan was pretty bad.

Coach 08-13-2016 07:39 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Jones has genuine, functional strength. Rocks the OL backward, presses the issue. <a href="https://t.co/yyNGteB6Dd">pic.twitter.com/yyNGteB6Dd</a></p>&mdash; Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/764579423962013696">August 13, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chief Northman 08-13-2016 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 12367309)
He wasn't that bad, he had some nice plays that should have been caught. Heck of an arm.

Murray looked better, having nice touch on a couple of passes with some zip.

Foles started out well but Hogan was pretty bad.

Bray just has no touch on passes that require it. The long ball is fun to watch, but a rarity with regards to successful execution. Little escapability and does not read defenses well. Might be the end of the road for Bray.

DaneMcCloud 08-13-2016 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12367325)
Bray just has no touch on passes that require it. The long ball is fun to watch, but a rarity with regards to successful execution. Little escapability and does not read defenses well. Might be the end of the road for Bray.

I don't think he's improved, whatsoever.

Same arm, same smarts.

After four years, it's time to move on.

HemiEd 08-13-2016 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 12367325)

You are probably right. Murray impressed me today.

kcxiv 08-13-2016 07:48 PM

watched the first quarter, there was some good, then after that i switched back on the Baseball game. I dont care about 3rd and 4th stringers really.

Easy 6 08-13-2016 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 12367323)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Jones has genuine, functional strength. Rocks the OL backward, presses the issue. <a href="https://t.co/yyNGteB6Dd">pic.twitter.com/yyNGteB6Dd</a></p>&mdash; Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/764579423962013696">August 13, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It almost like a photoshop job, he looks twice the size of anyone out there as a rookie... imagine what a couple years of NFL weight training and natural maturation will do

Its going to be like trying to fight off a Sasquatch

Buzz 08-13-2016 07:54 PM

Moses had a couple of good plays, I don't get Ford, he just looks lost.

jspchief 08-13-2016 08:48 PM

Just watched the first half. Seems like everything has already been covered.

Rookies all looked pretty good. CBs not named Peters looked like a problem. Ford looks like he doesn't know how to play football. Starting oline looked really good in run blocking, opening huge holes.

At this point I'm feeling positive about everything except CB #2 and Dee Ford. Depth is really good on this team.

Chief Northman 08-13-2016 08:50 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/RMarshall...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Late breaking injury report:

Alex Smith Jr. may be concussed.

Not on Twitter - don't know how to embed - don't bitch.
Worth a view.
Spoiler: brief appearance by Alex Smith's hot wife.

ping2000 08-13-2016 08:51 PM

Sutton coaches preseason games the same way he coaches in the playoffs.

mdchiefsfan 08-13-2016 08:57 PM

Quote:

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/...psuzqifamb.gif

jspchief 08-13-2016 08:59 PM

Forgot to mention, the Chiefs preseason broadcast sucks. The new guy is annoying and Trent Green doesn't know when to shut the **** up. I also don't like all their bullshit "filler" like the interview with Donovan and the BJ Kissel garbage while the 2nd string is playing. Save that shit for the 4th qtr.

chiefzilla1501 08-13-2016 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 12367331)
You are probably right. Murray impressed me today.

Murray's gotten better which means he must be putting the work in. He was a mechanical mess last year. His footwork on quick dropbacks was a mess. I remember him constantly sailing short passes and screens over everyone's heads. It's a shame Georgia gets so many talented QBs because they sure know how to mess them up.

That's what really stuck out to me. His footwork on the short shit actually looked good. I really like his fit into Reid's offense.

I'm a little ticked that Hogan saw so much time. Just punt him to the practice squad. It would have been nice to see Murray and Bray get more reps.

mdchiefsfan 08-13-2016 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12367327)
I don't think he's improved, whatsoever.

Same arm, same smarts.

After four years, it's time to move on.

Agreed. Streeter impressed me saving Bray's bacon with his catch. Other than that play, Bray seems to be ok at handing the ball off (Sorry, Tomahawk)

chiefzilla1501 08-13-2016 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ping2000 (Post 12367413)
Sutton coaches preseason games the same way he coaches in the playoffs.

Was there an issue with how Sutton coached the playoffs? I thought the defense played pretty well for a team missing their star pass rusher. But I can't really remember.

BryanBusby 08-13-2016 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 12367428)
Forgot to mention, the Chiefs preseason broadcast sucks. The new guy is annoying and Trent Green doesn't know when to shut the **** up. I also don't like all their bullshit "filler" like the interview with Donovan and the BJ Kissel garbage while the 2nd string is playing. Save that shit for the 4th qtr.

Yeah it's not like they even ****ing tried. They didn't even have a dumb bullshit pregame show, it was like eh **** it lets make 50 bucks instead.

ping2000 08-13-2016 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 12367436)
Was there an issue with how Sutton coached the playoffs? I thought the defense played pretty well for a team missing their star pass rusher. But I can't really remember.

Just not a fan. Makes poor adjustments. I think we could do better.

Buzz 08-13-2016 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 12367428)

****ing hated the commentary, they brought up more bullshit then I could ever think of. Read script the whole way, hey guy's, talk about about the ****ing play and not a bunch of past bullshit.

Hoover 08-13-2016 09:26 PM

I miss Rachel Santschi...

Rain Man 08-13-2016 09:29 PM

On a positive note, Allen Bailey looks more intimidating than ever.