ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Talib: Facemask was intentional (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=298115)

DaFace 02-08-2016 02:45 PM

Talib: Facemask was intentional

http://nesn.com/2016/02/aqib-talib-c...-foul-was-b-s/

Aqib Talib Committed Facemask ‘On Purpose’; First Personal Foul ‘Was B.S.’
by Doug Kyed

SANTA CLARA, Calif. — There was no one more ecstatic in the post-Super Bowl 50 press conference room than the always entertaining and sometimes volatile Aqib Talib.

The Broncos cornerback marched up to his podium with his three children and let out an enthused, “Yoooooo” after Denver beat the Carolina Panthers 24-10 for his first championship ring.

The night didn’t start out too positively for Talib, who was charged with two personal fouls in the first 20 minutes of action.

“It was all good,” Talib assured. “It was B.S. flags. One was on our sidelines — the guy was talking on our sideline. One I just did on purpose, and I just had to show him. It’s probably going to be a fine, but hey, we’re world champs.”

Talib’s first personal foul came when he was called for taunting after pushing Panthers wideout Corey Brown out of bounds following a Broncos sack.

“We were just talking, and it was getting a little chippy, so the ref picked me to slow the game down,” Talib said. “We didn’t do anything. We were just talking noise to each other, me and (Brown), a regular conversation.”

The second was thrown when he yanked Brown out of bounds by the receiver’s facemask to prevent a touchdown. Talib downplayed the impact of the foul.

“My teammates knew what it was,” Talib said. “He was on the 3-yard line. (With) a personal foul, he was on the 1 1/2-yard line, so it is what it is.”

The Panthers scored their only touchdown on the ensuing play, when running back Jonathan Stewart leaped over the line for the score.

“That was the most fun game I’ve played in by far,” Talib said. “I had about four or five catches on me, and I still think that was the most fun I’ve had in a game in my life.”

By the looks and sounds of it, Talib also had plenty of fun after the game, too.

jd1020 02-08-2016 02:46 PM

Should have been ejected.

ToxSocks 02-08-2016 02:47 PM

I was screaming for him to be ejected after that. No ****ing shit it was intentional. Anyone with half a brain can see that.

DaFace 02-08-2016 02:47 PM

As much as I hate how often the Broncos take PF penalties trying to hurt guys, it certainly has been effective this year. Sometimes it seems like the way to win in this league is by walking the line.

Perhaps the Chiefs are just too nice.

kysirsoze 02-08-2016 02:48 PM

Yeah, the Broncos just aren't the Broncos without employing the biggest POS in the league.

jd1020 02-08-2016 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12071587)
As much as I hate how often the Broncos take PF penalties trying to hurt guys, it certainly has been effective this year. Sometimes it seems like the way to win in this league is by walking the line.

It's easy to say that after one game, but I'm not sure the Bengals agree.

Graystoke 02-08-2016 02:48 PM

He grabbed and never let go.
Very Intentional.
And yes, Chiefs are to nice.

Bambi 02-08-2016 02:49 PM

Worked out perfectly.

DaFace 02-08-2016 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12071591)
It's easy to say that after one game, but I'm not sure the Bengals agree.

Sure, but how many times has Von Miller taken cheap shots at QB's this year? He's gotten plenty of penalties called on him, but it's certainly been an effective technique at getting guys off their game.

loochy 02-08-2016 02:50 PM

Yeah, of course it was intentional. There was pretty much no penalty for taking a penalty there. I think that needs to be fixed.

TimBone 02-08-2016 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12071585)

I keep seeing this, and it's got to stop. They're not going to eject a guy in the biggest game if the year for committing a foul that hasn't warranted an ejection all year.

Was it cheap? Yep.

Does it make it even worse now that he's admitting he did it knowing there would only be a yard and a half penalty? Yep.

Should they look at changing the rules for plays like this one and the hit on Fleming a few weeks ago? Yep.

But he wasn't, and shouldn't have been ejected yesterday.

He's a scumbag, though.

The Franchise 02-08-2016 02:51 PM

And all he'll get is a ****ing worthless fine.

He just admitted that it was intentional. The NFL should suspend him.

loochy 02-08-2016 02:51 PM

Quote:

so should have amendola

The Franchise 02-08-2016 02:51 PM

Oh...and add him to the list of players I hope get their knees blown out and their careers ended.

Bambi 02-08-2016 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12071602)

There's a penalty for being honest?

Prison Bitch 02-08-2016 02:52 PM

As I asked in the Talib thread, NFL needs to punish personal fouls within the 5 (or even 20) yard line. There's no real punishment for him face masking and its clear he knew that, so he did it. If the NFL wants them to stop, punish it

jd1020 02-08-2016 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 12071600)
I keep seeing this, and it's got to stop. They're not going to eject a guy in the biggest game if the year for committing a foul that hasn't warranted an ejection all year.

Was it cheap? Yep.

Does it make it even worse now that he's admitting he did it knowing there would only be a yard and a half penalty? Yep.

Should they look at changing the rules for plays like this one and the hit on Fleming a few weeks ago? Yep.

He's a scumbag, though.

So you don't think players should be ejected for excessive personal fouls? I don't care about the face mask, but that wasn't your every day face mask. He didn't just grab his mask and tackle him. He grabbed his mask, yanked him backwards, spun him around, and threw him out of bounds. I dont give a shit if it is a contact sport, that was malicious.

listopencil 02-08-2016 02:52 PM

I cuss him out while watching them more than I do anyone else on the team. And with some seriously shitty O-Line play this year that is saying a lot. He's a hot head with a history of unsportsmanlike conduct that likes to run his mouth, and he takes stupid penalties.

Rain Man 02-08-2016 02:52 PM

I'm shocked that he would do something like that.

No, actually I'm not.

I'm shocked that he's so stupid that he would admit it.

No again. Actually, I'm not.

If you asked me the personality of the Broncos this year, it would be "cheap shots and late hits". It's a team of thugs both on the field and off the field. But society rewards selfish and anti-social behavior these days, so the city is going to throw them a parade.

I wonder if anyone will think about the five dead people in Fero's Restaurant during the parade.

ToxSocks 02-08-2016 02:54 PM

Quote:

Was it cheap? Yep.

He's a scumbag, though.

Don't give me that bullshit. He intentionally try to hurt a player. The face-mask rule is in effect for a reason. Blatantly grabbing a player and jerking him around by his neck is clear intent to do harm.

I don't give a **** if it hasn't been called all season. I don't think there's been a more clear case of intent than this one all season. He should've been ejected. Plain and simple.

TimBone 02-08-2016 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 12071611)
So you don't think players should be ejected for excessive personal fouls? I don't care about the face mask, but that wasn't your every day face mask. He didn't just grab his mask and tackle him. He grabbed his mask, yanked him backwards, spun him around, and threw him out of bounds. I dont give a shit if it is a contact sport, that was malicious.

I did think it was excessive. And I believe I cursed at the TV when I saw it, but I believe I've seen face mask penalties that were just as bad that didn't end up with an ejection.

Perhaps with all the safety talk, they should look at elections for plays like that. But that doesn't change anything from yesterday.

staylor26 02-08-2016 02:56 PM

This POS needs a career ending injury asap.

TimBone 02-08-2016 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12071616)
Don't give me that bullshit. He intentionally try to hurt a player. The face-mask rule is in effect for a reason. Blatantly grabbing a player and jerking him around by his neck is clear intent to do harm.

I don't give a **** if it hasn't been called all season. I don't think there's been a more clear case of intent than this one all season. He should've been ejected. Plain and simple.

And I'm 100% sure that your hate for the Broncos isn't affecting your thoughts at all...

srvy 02-08-2016 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12071587)

No Derrick Johnson tackled a player out of bounds by the facemask early this year it happens.

talib is a piss poor tackler he didn't want want to get ran over to EZ with everyone watching. I doubt that dumbass knew anything about this penalty being half the distance or situational awareness. He just didn't want to get bitch dragged into the EZ.

Marcellus 02-08-2016 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12071602)

Highly doubtful the CBA would allow for a suspension but he will get a big fine.

Dude is just a POS.

Mile High Mania 02-08-2016 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 12071612)
I cuss him out while watching them more than I do anyone else on the team. And with some seriously shitty O-Line play this year that is saying a lot. He's a hot head with a history of unsportsmanlike conduct that likes to run his mouth, and he takes stupid penalties.

I'm ok if they found a way to replace him.

loochy 02-08-2016 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12071622)
This POS needs a career ending injury asap.

maybe we could sign stevie johnson to a special 1 year contract

Rain Man 02-08-2016 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 12071624)
No Derrick Johnson tackled a player out of bounds by the facemask early this year it happens.

talib is a piss poor tackler he didn't want want to get ran over to EZ with everyone watching. I doubt that dumbass knew anything about this penalty being half the distance or situational awareness. He just didn't want to get bitch dragged into the EZ.

Yeah, he's not smart enough to know down and distance. He was just trying to cause a serious injury.

listopencil 02-08-2016 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 12071628)
I'm ok if they found a way to replace him.

We have Roby up and coming. He looks really good. We need multiple impact CB's to make Wade's D work well though.

ToxSocks 02-08-2016 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 12071623)
And I'm 100% sure that your hate for the Broncos isn't affecting your thoughts at all...

My hate for the Broncos has no bearing on what is right and wrong.

Easy 6 02-08-2016 02:59 PM

****ing scum, just plain scum

I sincerely want someone to go low on his knees and ruin him for life

Rain Man 02-08-2016 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 12071626)
Highly doubtful the CBA would allow for a suspension but he will get a big fine.

Dude is just a POS.

Why no suspension? He just stupidly admitted that he tried to injure another player in a league that is already on the ropes about head injuries. This is no different than trying to poke a player's eye out.

Talib really is a Bronco to the core.

staylor26 02-08-2016 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 12071623)

Dude. This is the same guy that purposely poked another player in the eyes earlier in the season. He just admitted to intentionally trying to injure another player. What the **** are you arguing here?

The Franchise 02-08-2016 03:00 PM

From the rulebook:

Quote:

GRASPING FACEMASK
Article 5 No player shall twist, turn, or pull the facemask of an opponent in any direction.
Penalty: For twisting, turning, or pulling the mask: Loss of 15 yards. A personal foul. The player may
be disqualified if the action is judged by the official(s) to be of a flagrant nature.

Pretty sure that everyone would call that ****ing flagrant.

eDave 02-08-2016 03:00 PM

Is he trying to play this off as a smart penalty? It wasn't.

ToxSocks 02-08-2016 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12071640)
From the rulebook:

/thread.

And the Donkey's get away with cheating again.

DaFace 02-08-2016 03:01 PM

Quote:

From the rulebook:

Sure, but on no planet would a ref in a Super Bowl game ever do it unless it was absolutely, without any room for argument, an intent to injure. I'm talking "guy is on the ground and is still getting his head wrenched around violently."

staylor26 02-08-2016 03:01 PM

Quote:

From the rulebook:

Well, that settles it. Is that good enough for TimBone?

Baby Lee 02-08-2016 03:02 PM

Quote:

Yes, not only was it intentional, but the entirety of the torque for the throw came from his grip on the face mask. Every aspect of that play was Talib's purposeful effort to do something illegal, and its illegality is for safety concerns, not competitive fairness.

Bambi 02-08-2016 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12071607)
As I asked in the Talib thread, NFL needs to punish personal fouls within the 5 (or even 20) yard line. There's no real punishment for him face masking and its clear he knew that, so he did it. If the NFL wants them to stop, punish it

You can't really blame Talib for being smarter than other players.

Dezman Moses is a complete shit player for us and you can easily argue his action of committing a personal foul against the Pats cost us the game.

Prison Bitch 02-08-2016 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12071641)

Of course it was, and many made note of it when it happened

DaFace 02-08-2016 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12071641)

Saved the TD at least. Well, until the next play.

The Franchise 02-08-2016 03:02 PM

Yep....not flagrant at all.

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/sJs...facemask.0.gif

Dartgod 02-08-2016 03:03 PM

I see a suspension in Mr. Talib's future.

ToxSocks 02-08-2016 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 12071648)
You can't really blame Talib for being smarter than other players.

Dezman Moses is a complete shit player for us and you can easily argue his action of committing a personal foul against the Pats cost us the game.

You're ****ing reeruned. And a pussy. Only pussies turn their rep off.

The Franchise 02-08-2016 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12071645)
Sure, but on no planet would a ref in a Super Bowl game ever do it unless it was absolutely, without any room for argument, an intent to injure. I'm talking "guy is on the ground and is still getting his head wrenched around violently."

Considering the guy had just gotten his 2nd personal foul penalty in how many minutes?

But sure....let's go ahead and let them get away with bullshit because it's the "big game".

jd1020 02-08-2016 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12071652)
Yep....not flagrant at all.

Talib is entirely off the ground using his momentum to throw him as hard as possible.

Bambi 02-08-2016 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12071650)

He destroyed the will of the Carolina receivers in a single act.

Von Miller was the only Bronco to have more of an effect on the game.

eDave 02-08-2016 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12071650)

Gave them 4 downs to do it though. A clean tackle saves the TD there. IMO.

ToxSocks 02-08-2016 03:04 PM

Quote:

Right in front of the ref too....

Bambi 02-08-2016 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12071655)
You're ****ing reeruned. And a pussy. Only pussies turn their rep off.

I'd care if I knew who you were. But I don't. Now I do. Good luck.

Prison Bitch 02-08-2016 03:05 PM

He had already gotten the first down eDave.

Were you watching the game?

ToxSocks 02-08-2016 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 12071660)

Lol, funny how you like to make up stories in your head.

kysirsoze 02-08-2016 03:05 PM

Quote:

Plus his eye poking history, this should be a multi-game suspension, IMO. I mean, bragging about it afterwards?? This guy is a deplorable human being and a danger to other players on the field.

Bambi 02-08-2016 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12071662)
Gave them 4 downs to do it though. A clean tackle saves the TD there. IMO.

delete this post

Baby Lee 02-08-2016 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 12071619)
I did think it was excessive. And I believe I cursed at the TV when I saw it, but I believe I've seen face mask penalties that were just as bad that didn't end up with an ejection.

Perhaps with all the safety talk, they should look at elections for plays like that. But that doesn't change anything from yesterday.

Look a little closer to the instant replay

http://giant.gfycat.com/MajesticFluidAdeliepenguin.gif

eDave 02-08-2016 03:06 PM

I appear to be derping here.

The Franchise 02-08-2016 03:07 PM

What needs to happen for it to be worth an ejection? Corey Brown doesn't get back up? Gets injured and is out of the game?

The NFL wants to cry about safety and then ****ing does nothing about it on the biggest stage.

BigRichard 02-08-2016 03:08 PM

Quote:

Was it cheap? Yep.

He's a scumbag, though.

All the Denver fans I was watching the game with thought they were going to eject him so...

ToxSocks 02-08-2016 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 12071675)
I appear to be derping here.

It's ok, bambi is here to make you look smart.

Baby Lee 02-08-2016 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 12071660)

Think of how much more dominant they could have been with handguns!!

mnchiefsguy 02-08-2016 03:10 PM

Since he admitted it was intentional, his fine should be doubled and he should be suspended.

Easy 6 02-08-2016 03:10 PM

Quote:

His fellow players should shun him, the media should ride him like a cheap whore, he needs a minimum 4 game suspension... and someone should burn his damn house down

eDave 02-08-2016 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12071685)

http://www.imfdb.org/images/7/7d/LBSBeretta84F-1.jpg

Easy 6 02-08-2016 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12071685)

ROFL gimme dat ball, mother****a

BigMeatballDave 02-08-2016 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 12071684)
It's ok, bambi is here to make you look smart.

LMAO

srvy 02-08-2016 03:21 PM

I wonder if he will even be a dookie next year. The guy wears out his welcome where ever he lands.
They should just cut him don't invite him to the ring presentation mail it USPS then pay they carrier to lose it in the river.

BigMeatballDave 02-08-2016 03:25 PM

I'd love to see someone take out both of his knees at once.

Rain Man 02-08-2016 03:27 PM

The only way to combat something like this is to coat the face mask with cooking spray.

And of course wait for Talib to be killed in a strip club fight sometime in the next few seasons.

Jerm 02-08-2016 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12071681)
What needs to happen for it to be worth an ejection? Corey Brown doesn't get back up? Gets injured and is out of the game?

The NFL wants to cry about safety and then ****ing does nothing about it on the biggest stage.

Exactly...they need to implement a new rule so shit like this stops immediately.

Also funny how they want to crack down on guys celebrating TDs and "show boating" but all this does is draw a 1 yard penalty.

srvy 02-08-2016 03:28 PM

I think Bambi got raped in the mouth by Talib at KU then fell in love with his attacker.

Mr. Arrowhead 02-08-2016 03:28 PM

That Thug should be suspended min 1 game for next season for that shit.

MikeMaslowski 02-08-2016 03:31 PM

This has got to be a lead-in for a "Talib Rule" or "Amendola Rule"

Pitt Gorilla 02-08-2016 03:34 PM

Quote:

Was it cheap? Yep.

He's a scumbag, though.

You don't think it was flagrant?

Meatloaf 02-08-2016 03:35 PM

Not sure I've ever seen a more egregious facemask "tackle". Talib should be fined (heavily) and suspended for at least 2 games. Frankly, wouldn't bother me a lick if they flat kicked his sorry ass outa the league. Guy is a dick.

kcpasco 02-08-2016 03:38 PM

I am amused by the hypocrisy of the NFL, but I'll keep watching because it's good entertainment.

suzzer99 02-08-2016 03:42 PM

Of course if the ref does his job and ejects Talib - then the idiot punditry descends upon you talking about the refs "trying to be part of the game".

loochy 02-08-2016 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 12071794)
Of course if the ref does his job and ejects Talib - then the idiot punditry descends upon you talking about the refs "trying to be part of the game".

They ARE part of the game.

Quesadilla Joe 02-08-2016 03:50 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Aqib Talib&#39;s got a really big team and they need some really rings!! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SB50?src=hash">#SB50</a> <a href="https://t.co/ReUCqD5bf1">pic.twitter.com/ReUCqD5bf1</a></p>&mdash; NFL (@NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL/status/696537086359261184">February 8, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RealSNR 02-08-2016 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 12071770)
You don't think it was flagrant?

I do. The ballcarrier should have been shooting two free throws and gotten the ball.