ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Irrational Fears (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271583)

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-29-2013 12:41 PM

Irrational Fears

I finished up an application for a grant this morning. As part of the process, I needed to include all transcripts from all institutions I attended. Even though I know what my GPA was, before I opened my copies of the transcripts an irrational fear plagued me. "What if someone changed a grade? What if there was a misprint on my degree?"

Every semester before I would open grades I'd have the same fear and I'd have to psych myself up the way someone does before a set on the bench before opening them.

I also hate clowns and want to kill every clown I see.

What are your most bizarre/irrational fears?

Oh, and before someone gets it in post #2:

First Round QB/Chiefs

Mr_Tomahawk 03-29-2013 12:43 PM

Ants.

There are too many to keep track of...

F**K it, I'm outtahere.

Buehler445 03-29-2013 12:44 PM

We load our sprayer on a truck and haul it, chemical, and water around the county. I'm ALWAYS worried shit is going to fall off even though I tied it all down.

I've even stopped a mile down the road and checked everything more often than I'd care to admit.

Dayze 03-29-2013 12:45 PM

snakes.

Steron 03-29-2013 12:45 PM

Ghosts, even though I don't believe in them.

The Burger King. He's just creepy.

Dayze 03-29-2013 12:46 PM

and I always have a dream that I'm in the navy on the carrier, and I can't find my uniforms. then, somewhere along the line, I suddenly 'realize' that my enlistment was up like 5 months prior and I somehow 'forgot' to go home.

****ing weird.

kc rush 03-29-2013 12:46 PM

Bats

houstonwhodat 03-29-2013 12:47 PM

Chinese women driving mini-vans in the rain at rush hour.

Ace Gunner 03-29-2013 12:48 PM

midgets. in football unis.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-29-2013 12:50 PM

I have the "forgot" dream, but it always involves me being enrolled in a class for about 13 weeks before I realize that I've never attended class. I have that dream at least twice a month.

mlyonsd 03-29-2013 12:51 PM

Wasps. If I'm on a ladder and a wasp surprises me acting pissed off I'd jump off even if it was 3 stories. Bees don't bother me. Just those awful flying wasps that evolved from some alien planet and flew here just to terrorize me.

Munson 03-29-2013 12:51 PM

Mediocre QBs.

RedDread 03-29-2013 12:52 PM

http://i.imgur.com/qrLEV.gif

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-29-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 9538274)
Bats

I once shot a bat with some pheasant load. That's all I got.

ThaVirus 03-29-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9538263)
We load our sprayer on a truck and haul it, chemical, and water around the county. I'm ALWAYS worried shit is going to fall off even though I tied it all down.

I've even stopped a mile down the road and checked everything more often than I'd care to admit.

I get anxious about things like this, particularly with locking the door to my house and turning off the stove. If I cook something and know I'll be leaving my house a short time later, I'll always be sure to triple and quadruple check to make sure I've turned the stove off before I leave.

Also, I think from the fact that doing things like locking your door become so automatic over time, I often can't remember if I've done it when I leave the house. For this, I've irrationally spent loads of time wondering if I completed the action or not. I used to be REALLY bad about this, but lately I've learned that the fear is pretty irrational and have been able to get over it after the first passing thought...

On a bit of a different note, I have a pretty irrational, well, I can't call it fear, but I am very hesitant to swim in murky water. That hesitation mainly comes from crocodiles and sharks. I still swim in the ocean and love doing so, but the thought is always in my mind.

Dayze 03-29-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9538286)
I have the "forgot" dream, but it always involves me being enrolled in a class for about 13 weeks before I realize that I've never attended class. I have that dream at least twice a month.

yep; I do too. Being in HS; my senior year and trying to get really good grades (compared to my real life grades...which were, uh. 'lacking'), working hard on grades etc. People will ask me why I'm there..then I realize..."Yeah...WTF am I doing here"?

no idea what those types of dreams mean.

ptlyon 03-29-2013 12:55 PM

I'm with you on clowns. I don't think it's too irrational, proven by that skit in the direct tv commercial

RunKC 03-29-2013 12:56 PM

Mr. Tomahawk took mine. I'm absolutely terrified of falling into a hoard of ants.

ghak99 03-29-2013 12:57 PM

Being sued by some worthless **** who is just looking to take advantage of the system.

Fish 03-29-2013 12:58 PM

Emory boards. Cannot stand them. Can't touch them. Certainly can't be in the same room with someone using them. Holy shit no. I get anxiety, dry mouth, and everything.

I have no idea why.

houstonwhodat 03-29-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 9538308)
Being sued by some worthless **** who is just looking to take advantage of the system.

I have a 1 mil umbrella policy through State Farm for just that reason.

Cost 150 per year.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-29-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9538303)
I'm with you on clowns. I don't think it's too irrational, proven by that skit in the direct tv commercial

Fair point. It got me. I was never the same after that movie. Ruined Bozo for life.

Demonpenz 03-29-2013 12:58 PM

I've actually had someone change my grades before. Took me forever to straighten thatout.

Prison Bitch 03-29-2013 01:00 PM

Being trapped in an elevator for several hours

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-29-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9538320)
Being trapped in an elevator for several hours

Do you avoid elevators?

ghak99 03-29-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9538263)

I do this too.

Dad is the screw it, it'll ride type while I'm constantly seeing if I can see the chains in the mirror or just stopping and making sure I tied it down good after checking to make sure I tied it down good twice before we left. LMAO

Prison Bitch 03-29-2013 01:03 PM

No, because I can't. But I don't really like going in them.

Fat Elvis 03-29-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9538311)

Cost 150 per year.

Awesome. Where do you live? I don't believe that you have properly taken care of your sidewalk....

Molitoth 03-29-2013 01:04 PM

I fear I will have a heart attack at an early age.

EagleRob 03-29-2013 01:05 PM

I'm afraid of having OCD. Everyone else in my immediate family has OCD. I wiki the symptoms several times per hour and make sure each of my actions is neither obsessive nor compulsive.

Fat Elvis 03-29-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9538275)
Chinese women driving mini-vans in the rain at rush hour.

That isn't irrational.

Fat Elvis 03-29-2013 01:07 PM

Fish. They don't blink.

suds79 03-29-2013 01:09 PM

Flying & spiders.

I can get over spiders. They're just really creepy.

Flying terrifies me and I'm really working on trying to get better with it. 1, I have to fly once a year for my job (actually took a bus once to Orlando). 2, I don't want to limit where my wife & little girl can go for vacation for the rest of my life.

Thankfully there's seemingly a lot of helpful videos on youtube to help this... Well that and some hard liquor ;)

ptlyon 03-29-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Cost 150 per year.

HOLY **** THE IRONY ROFL

Reerun_KC 03-29-2013 01:10 PM

Franchise QB's /True Fans

Pilsner 03-29-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9538323)
Do you avoid elevators?

I do. Being trapped doesn't bother me. The fear that the counterweight and other safety measures all simultaneously fail the moment I decide to walk through the door, slice-crushing me from stem to stern is just too much.

I routinely take 5+ flights of stairs at work, friend's apartments, department stores...

When I was in college, I lived on the top floor of my dorm. That was 11 stories of stairs at least twice a day.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-29-2013 01:11 PM

Pregnancy complications and childbirth freaks me out. I almost get sick thinking about all that stuff. I have to walk around for a bit if there is a miscarriage in a movie/TV scene.

I also have the "never went to class/forgot I had one" dream

frankotank 03-29-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9538332)
I'm afraid of having OCD. Everyone else in my immediate family has OCD. I wiki the symptoms several times per hour and make sure each of my actions is neither obsessive nor compulsive.

LMAO
nice

frankotank 03-29-2013 01:12 PM

Mice.
I just……ohhh my GOD…..I just puked a little bit in my mouth……
I know EXACTLY when it started….many years ago….
I was up late reading Stephen King, everyone is asleep and I keep hear this noise. I finally get up and start….tracking this noise. I’d hear it and move in the appropriate direction and stop and wait for it again. Repeating this process took me into the back living room and behind a bar we had then. Behind this bar sitting on a chair is a huge, half empty, open bag of dog food. I’m behind the bar squatting down next to the chair listening and the noise comes again. I stand up peek over the edge of the open bag and this ****ing mouse jumps directly at my face. OH….MY……GOD! Sumbitch looked lion sized coming right at me! It had to have come within an inch or so of my nose. So being all manly and shit I’m like……AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Dammit just puked a little bit again.

I’ll never be the same.
I took that bag of dogfood out in the driveway in about 8 inches of snow and I’m trying to dump the little bastard out. Food is pouring into the snow and that thing is swimming back into the bag. I couldn’t deal. I finally threw the bag down and ran back into the house like a bitch. sorry dog, you going hungry yo.

Damn I’m grossed out.

So….snakes and spiders, I got that shit. No problem. Mice…..that’s on my wife. I don’t do mice.

houstonwhodat 03-29-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9538333)
That isn't irrational.

Good point.

Dave Lane 03-29-2013 01:25 PM

That the Chiefs will never draft a first round QB.

But I'm not sure that is irrational.

Fat Elvis 03-29-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Cost 150 per year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9538349)
HOLY **** THE IRONY ROFL

I guess I'm missing something about the "irony;" I have one of those policies as well. I suppose if you have nothing of value you don't need to protect it? As far as I'm concerned, the umbrella policy is a necessity.

Dave Lane 03-29-2013 01:26 PM

Oh and an irrational fear of used up retread QBs from San Francisco.

Chief_For_Life58 03-29-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9538266)
snakes.

on a plane

Dayze 03-29-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9538309)
Emory boards. Cannot stand them. Can't touch them. Certainly can't be in the same room with someone using them. Holy shit no. I get anxiety, dry mouth, and everything.

I have no idea why.

oooh! I forgot.

those little wooden spoon things sometimes served with a cup of ice-cream etc. :# makes my skin crawl.

HemiEd 03-29-2013 01:29 PM

I have an acute case of acrophobia, that has grown progressively worse over the years.

I was able to overcome it in the Navy, hanging out of the doors of H-34s and H-3s as a rescue crewman by mentally putting myself somewhere else.

But now, it has grown so bad that I can't watch TV shows or look at internet pictures of high places.

Last week, I put sheet rock up on the 11 foot ceiling of my garage, and even with scaffolding and my over built protective railing, I was very uncomfortable.

We stayed on the 56th floor of the Cosmopolitan last May, and my wife had no problem sitting out on the balcony reading. I couldn't even look, let alone go out there.

keg in kc 03-29-2013 01:30 PM

Basically everything. Anxiety is a bitch.

Amnorix 03-29-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

I used to have one very similar to that, actually. Haven't had it in years now, but yeah, very similar, and recurring.

Dayze 03-29-2013 01:34 PM

seriously though, I'm always weary of the other shoe to drop whenever anything is going well. We're doing so much better since th job loss and foreclosure in '08. 1000% better. almost debt free; better pay; better job.

....just waiting for some other bullshit to happen to put is right back at square wrong.

Amnorix 03-29-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Cost 150 per year.

This is good advice.

Even better is to go to $2MM for probably $250/year or $3MM for maybe $325 or so. I hate to say it, but $1MM isn't really alot these days, and if you have real assets, it's worht it to protect them.

ghak99 03-29-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9538390)
I guess I'm missing something about the "irony;" I have one of those policies as well. I suppose if you have nothing of value you don't need to protect it? As far as I'm concerned, the umbrella policy is a necessity.

It's there... The fish hit the bait so hard the ****ing reel melted. LMAO

There's a thread you should read, but I'm not searching for it.

Dayze 03-29-2013 01:37 PM

being the lead actor in a snuff film featuring all the 'no's from the "Would You"? thread. / Omaha.

ptlyon 03-29-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 9538427)
It's there... The fish hit the bait so hard the ****ing reel melted. LMAO

There's a thread you should read, but I'm not searching for it.

Beautiful tee up ghak!

ghak99 03-29-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9538399)
oooh! I forgot.

those little wooden spoon things sometimes served with a cup of ice-cream etc. :# makes my skin crawl.

Yes... why would I want to eat with something used to gag you at the doctor's office. They taste like hell too. Just give me a damn spoon!

ThaVirus 03-29-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9538433)
being the lead actor in a snuff film featuring all the 'no's from the "Would You"? thread. / Omaha.

LMAO

The Franchise 03-29-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9538390)

Dude admitted to faking an injury so that he could sue someone for money.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 03-29-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9538465)
Dude admitted to faking an injury so that he could sue someone for money.

Wow, what a douche

Hammock Parties 03-29-2013 01:46 PM

alien abduction

The Franchise 03-29-2013 01:47 PM

Anything to do with locking things.

If I leave the house and I can't specifically remember the act of locking my front door....I will turn around and check to make sure it's locked before leaving.

The same goes for my car. I have to hit the lock button on my keychain 4-5 times while walking from my car to the house. Before bed....I'll specifically push lock on the keychain a couple of times so that I can hear the beep from my house.

The other one has to do with my wallet. I'm always constantly checking my back pocket to make sure it's still there.....like it ****ing magically jumped out or something. And after I pay with my debit card....I'll check to make sure my debit card is back in my wallet a couple of times.

frankotank 03-29-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9538477)
Anything to do with locking things.

If I leave the house and I can't specifically remember the act of locking my front door....I will turn around and check to make sure it's locked before leaving.

The same goes for my car. I have to hit the lock button on my keychain 4-5 times while walking from my car to the house. Before bed....I'll specifically push lock on the keychain a couple of times so that I can hear the beep from my house.

The other one has to do with my wallet. I'm always constantly checking my back pocket to make sure it's still there.....like it ****ing magically jumped out or something. And after I pay with my debit card....I'll check to make sure my debit card is back in my wallet a couple of times.

although it's not a fear or anything....along the same line of OCD thinking...I can't tell you how many times I pull the emergency brake release when I'm driving. I mean....I KNOW it's released....but just in case.....

BWillie 03-29-2013 01:59 PM

Aliens. I dont even believe in conspiracy theories. I dont think our hovt is sophisticated enough to agree with like Saudi Arabia to not disclose that there are aliens. But the thought of getting elevated out of my bedroom and analed probed scarea the crap outta me.

ptlyon 03-29-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9538498)
although it's not a fear or anything....along the same line of OCD thinking...I can't tell you how many times I pull the emergency brake release when I'm driving. I mean....I KNOW it's released....but just in case.....

Oh ****, I think I put on the parking brake hooking up the boat at lunch :hmmm:

Thanks for the reminder!

ptlyon 03-29-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9538512)
But the thought of getting elevated out of my bedroom and analed probed scarea the crap outta me.

That would be the best part!

If they were chicks I mean.

Um, Nevermind...

demonhero 03-29-2013 02:17 PM

NK females with guns.

ChiTown 03-29-2013 02:22 PM

Chinese Ginger Midgets. They freak me the **** out!

Fire Me Boy! 03-29-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedDread (Post 9538292)

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/151...the-bees-o.gif

ptlyon 03-29-2013 02:26 PM

Having my achelies tendon cut

phisherman 03-29-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

I've had that dream probably twice a week since I graduated from college almost 15 years ago.

Bump 03-29-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9538266)
snakes.

I wouldn't say fear of snakes is irrational since some can kill you with 1 bite.

ChiTown 03-29-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9538694)
I wouldn't say fear of snakes is irrational since some can kill you with 1 bite.

He's talking about trouser snakes. Completely different deal........

ptlyon 03-29-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9538733)
He's talking about trouser snakes. Completely different deal........

I feared mine until I put a smiley face on it

Fish 03-29-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9538512)
Aliens. I dont even believe in conspiracy theories. I dont think our hovt is sophisticated enough to agree with like Saudi Arabia to not disclose that there are aliens. But the thought of getting elevated out of my bedroom and analed probed scarea the crap outta me.

What if they were all like the 3 tittied chick from Total Recall?

KCGal 03-29-2013 03:00 PM

Worms. I used to think if you stepped on a worm it became 2 worms. Now I understand if you step on it the part not squished survives (right?). That creeps me out.

Jerm 03-29-2013 03:01 PM

Clowns 100% and while its not irrational to me I'm sure to a lot of people it is, demons/attachment/possession & oppression.

BlackHelicopters 03-29-2013 04:04 PM

I fear irrational fear threads.

bevischief 03-29-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9538473)
alien abduction

Anal probe?

bevischief 03-29-2013 04:21 PM

Heights and the overpass from north bound I29 to east bound I94.

Ceej 03-29-2013 04:33 PM

I feel like I always leave my door unlocked.

Doing that, and coming home to nothing always freaks me out.

I've headed home (Wichita) gotten on the highway, thought about potentially leaving my door unlocked and came back to check.

Pretty sad really.

bevischief 03-29-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9538980)
I feel like I always leave my door unlocked.

Doing that, and coming home to nothing always freaks me out.

I've headed home (Wichita) gotten on the highway, thought about potentially leaving my door unlocked and came back to check.

Pretty sad really.

I leave my door unlocked because my dog would eat you if you were dumb enough to open it after he barked at you. He warned you.

MOhillbilly 03-29-2013 07:32 PM

Black power